Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 22981 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
19. Re: Into the Black May 16, 2014, 12:26 Creston

Okay, seriously people. I love Harrison Ford in a rather uncomfortable way, and even I think he's too old to be doing movies anymore. He looks like the German they digged out of the gravel crusher in Orphan Black now...

What's he going to do, Future-Wheelchair his way after the Replicants?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2014, 12:21 Creston

Task wrote on May 16, 2014, 12:15:
All I want is for the special edition from VHS to be put on blu-ray. All they did was add some of the special effects and they left the OLD anakin ghost, but now we are treated to the new NEW special edition current blurays which show stupid young hayden anakin ghost. It looks so out of place with OLD yoda and obi-wan, they did not revert to young, hipster ghosts!

Seriously? That's your big beef with the special editions? It's not Han Shoots First? It's not Green and Small Jabba the Hutt? It's not the evisceration of the dialogue between Luke and R2-D2 on Dagobah? It's not the "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" when Vader chucks the Emperor down the nuclear reactor shaft?

It's the 3 second shot all the way at the end?

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
14. Re: Evening Mobilization May 16, 2014, 12:09 Creston

Beamer wrote on May 15, 2014, 20:14:
Creston wrote on May 15, 2014, 20:08:
In fact, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it ever came out that the large cell phone manufacturers are paying people to steal cell phones.

For... for real?
Like, really for real? You genuinely believe there's a VP of Cell Phone Thievery at Apple?

Honestly?
This is a thing, and you believe it unironically?

No, it's a joke... Holy crap.

You're misplacing your anger, regardless. Cellphone thievery isn't a large revenue driver. What percentage of cellphones do you think get stolen? Do you know anyone that's had one stolen? I know, well, everyone I know has a cellphone. I don't know a single person that's had their stolen.

I thought you'd finally gotten over that whole "Well, I've never experienced it, and my experiences dictate reality, therefore nobody ever gets their cellphone stolen," weirdness of yours.

In any case, seeing as how I am the cellphone guy in my company, yeah, I see them get stolen. Quite frequently in fact. Whether they are REALLY stolen or just lost, I don't know, because all my users report they are stolen, and it's not like I investigate whether that's really true or not. But out of ~2000 people, I have anywhere between 5-10 phones I need to replace a month.

Also, tying in with the article from a few days back where the cops were like "Don't use the 'find my iPhone' feature yourself! Come to the cops! We have guns, and radios, and all that good stuff!" I can safely report that even with that tracking data in hand, the cops won't do fucking shit to help. They hand you a form to fill out, and that's it.

Lost, cracked, dropped in a toilet, sure, but not stolen. The percentage of cellphones stolen, relative to the percentage sold, is miniscule.

And your source is... your own experience again? Miniscule?

314 phones stolen in London every day.

cell phone theft is the fastest growing street crime in NYC, and jumped 40% since 2012. (and that's a 2013 article.)

Cell phone theft rises rapidly nationwide. 2012 article.

more than 30% of all robberies last year involved cell phones.

Seriously, stop it with this insane "it's never happened to me, therefore it's not real" bullshit.

This comment was edited on May 16, 2014, 12:16.

News Comments > Wolfenstein Launch Trailer
19. Re: Wolfenstein Launch Trailer May 16, 2014, 12:03 Creston

nin wrote on May 15, 2014, 21:03:
"15-20 hours"...or so they claim.

I'm going to guess they mean "7 hours if you take choice A and 7 hours if you take choice B."

If it is REALLY 15-20 hours, then I'll definitely buy it, as it looks cool enough.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation May 16, 2014, 12:00 Creston

Flo wrote on May 16, 2014, 04:23:
Beamer wrote on May 15, 2014, 20:26:
Microsoft announced 115,000 Xbones sold in April.
Ouch.
Sony better enjoy being the king of "next-gen". Reading those numbers, who knows how long they'll be around in this form.

They could always spin off and sell the Playstation division. Even if they go bankrupt that'd happen, so I wouldn't worry too much.

(Then again, what if MS then just buys them... )

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2014, 11:58 Creston

nin wrote on May 16, 2014, 11:46:
Considering they've been on board with every other box set...including the disney reissues that happened last year...

I stand corrected, those are listed as "20th Century Fox Home Entertainment".

And apparently there are different rights attached to those. The "special editions" do not belong to 20th century fox, they belong to LA. The original trilogy, however, belongs to 20th until 2020 for ESB and RotJ, and indefinitely for ANH.

I would imagine that if Disney WANTS to release them, they can just pony up the cash to 20th and get the rights released, but who knows whether they care enough to do so...

News Comments > The Division Delayed
21. Re: The Division Delayed May 16, 2014, 11:38 Creston

It seemed a stretch to assume it would've been ready this year anyway. I'm guessing holiday season 2015.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2014, 11:37 Creston

Cutter wrote on May 16, 2014, 11:31:
Thanks California! Fix it! Damn food prices are going to go through the roof this summer now.

Someone may want to explain to California that weird, almost-magic process known as desalination.

Seriously, California, you have a massive fucking body of water RIGHT FUCKING NEXT TO YOU.

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2014, 11:32 Creston

nin wrote on May 16, 2014, 09:40:
RUMOR: Unedited Original Star Wars Trilogy Coming to Blu-Ray.

OH GOD OH GOD. CAN'T BREATHE. PAPER BAG PLEASE.

Ars did an article about that just recently. Unless 20th Century Fox is on board, it's not gonna happen.

Also, kudos on that OJ joke, Blue.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization May 15, 2014, 20:08 Creston

Yeah, they are very unhappy at the thought of cell phone theft diminishing, as it's been a huge revenue driver for them.

In fact, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it ever came out that the large cell phone manufacturers are paying people to steal cell phones.

29. Re: Russia May 15, 2014, 15:23 Creston

nin wrote on May 14, 2014, 22:35:
Keep forgetting to ask, who's "A Duck" in steam?

Yeah, ditto. I ignored the friend request because I had no idea who it was. People, if you're from here and you're trying to friend me on Steam, please let me know you're from here if your nick is different.

News Comments > The Sims 4 Create-a-Sim Trailer
15. Re: The Sims 4 Create-a-Sim Trailer May 15, 2014, 15:21 Creston

verybad1 wrote on May 15, 2014, 12:51:
Creston wrote on May 14, 2014, 13:34:
verybad1 wrote on May 14, 2014, 13:25:
However the basic thing to this appears to be living a boring virtual life instead of living a boring real life.

Hey man, I don't have an endless parade of semi-hot girls making out in my backyard hot tub in real life!
Go to Google, type in "hot tub girls" Should be a cheaper solution.

Yeah but it's hard to make the names match to my fantasies in Google!

17. Re: Into the Black May 15, 2014, 15:19 Creston

toT wrote on May 15, 2014, 14:21:
jdreyer wrote on May 15, 2014, 13:31:

The kid had two gashes on his leg where the dog bit requiring stitches.

This.
You obviously didn't see the version of the video that shows the nasty bite on the leg where the dog clamped down.

Then I stand totally corrected.

29. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2014, 15:12 Creston

BitWraith wrote on May 15, 2014, 14:51:
I do agree with you on the cost factor. However, I don't know if you live in an urban area, but there is no way in hell that manufacturing those batteries has as large an impact on the environment as all gasoline cars.

Per car, a Prius's batteries have as much of an ecological impact as driving a Suburban a crazy amount of miles. The mine in Canada where they get the nickel from is an ecological disaster area, then it gets put on a big boat to Europe where they process it, then on a boat to China where they turn it into some kind of foam, and then on a boat to Japan where they make them into batteries.

But because that's all indirect impact, people don't compare it. (and then we ignore the impact of the usually coal-fired power plant that needs to generate the electricity)

Look, if people want to drive electric cars, go right ahead. But don't come with the whole "It's so good for the environment" angle, because it's just not true.

26. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2014, 14:42 Creston

jdreyer wrote on May 15, 2014, 13:55:
A cartoonist's review of his magical space car - The Oatmeal.

I have a friend with a Model S. They are pretty magical. And the torque on that thing is incredible. 0-60 in 4.0s

It's a great car. But for $100.000 I can buy a $50.000 equivalent BMW and 15000 gallons of gas, which will take me roughly 4.5 million miles.

As long as electric cars stay as ridiculously expensive as they are, I will never buy one. It makes zero economic sense. (and before someone starts bleating WAAAAH ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT OF ALL THAT GAS THINK OF THE CHILDREN, you may want to look up what the creation of those batteries for the electric and hybrid cars does to the environment.)

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Announced
11. Re: Far Cry 4 Announced May 15, 2014, 14:38 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on May 15, 2014, 14:12:
Ugh, already sick of this 5-platform support crap. New generation of consoles comes out, and we're still being held back by 10-year-old hardware. What's the deal?

150+ million potential customers. sadly.

14. Re: Into the Black May 15, 2014, 13:28 Creston

Pigeon wrote on May 14, 2014, 19:53:
I'd call that dog a pussy for attacking a defenseless child

Honestly, it didn't look like it was attacking to me. It was grabbing the child's pants and trying to tear them off.

Not saying it's okay, but it wasn't biting the child or trying to harm the child. It was either playing, or trying to get at a dirty diaper.

13. Re: Into the Black May 15, 2014, 13:26 Creston

Damn, that cat takes no prisoners! He goes hard up in this shit! BIG CAT, BIG NUTS!

16. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2014, 13:17 Creston

Anyway, the fast food people picked a good day to strike, because MayFest started today, and I've been happily eating food from all the food trucks, who aren't on strike.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Watch Dogs
37. Re: Gone Gold - Watch Dogs May 15, 2014, 13:11 Creston

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 14, 2014, 21:31:
saluk wrote on May 14, 2014, 19:44:
Yay can we move on to the next overhyped excessively developed game now? Anyone have any guesses on what it will be or where it will come from?

Without question, it will be: The Division.

Oh, hell no. There's been little news about the Division at all, a few trailers and that's it.

You want to talk hype, you look at Destiny. $500 million, my ass.

22981 Comments. 1150 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo