Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 22086 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Amazon acquires Double Helix Games
5. Re: Amazon acquires Double Helix Games Feb 6, 2014, 11:44 Creston

It makes sense for Amazon to start buying studios and start releasing its own games. Only way to get more people to want to get on the Amazon appstore is to have interesting exclusives on it.

Which, btw, is a really annoying practice. But I can't fault Amazon for doing it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Closed
17. Re: Titanfall Beta Closed Feb 6, 2014, 11:42 Creston

Verno wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 10:14:
Microsoft is going as far rolling out a system update that will preload a bunch of assets for it even because they don't want people spending a year with their dumb installation/patch process.

Seriously? So people who have no interest in this game will still have to download the assets for it?

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Closed
16. Re: Titanfall Beta Closed Feb 6, 2014, 11:38 Creston

doing it in waves to make sure it works.

Then, when the game goes live and the servers buckle and your game simply doesn't work, we can pretend to be completely baffled, as "things worked just fine in Beta!"

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 6, 2014, 11:35 Creston

Prez wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 09:49:
Update: As confirmed by Gamasutra, EA has employed a rather sneaky system for rating the game. As spotted by Mike Robinson on Twitter, when Dungeon Keeper asks you to rate the game on Android and you choose to give it less than 5 stars, the game doesn't allow you to do so, and instead asks you to message the company with your feedback.

'Shameless' doesn't even cover it.

EA deserves every single fucking ounce of hatred it gets.

News Comments > New Elite: Dangerous Backer MP Alpha
10. Re: New Elite: Dangerous Backer MP Alpha Feb 5, 2014, 23:38 Creston

Cutter wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 22:32:
Yeah, unlike Roberts he's actually delivering product.

Makes me wonder wtf the guys at Egosoft are doing to fix Rebirth.

Not much anymore. 1 patch released in January. They're STILL fixing crash bugs (14 patches in), and claim to have "performance increases" but then you see that really you should turn shadows off for the best performance increase.

And people with GTX780s are still getting 10fps no matter the IQ.

X-Rebirth is a broken piece of shit, and it will never be fixed. Egosoft is dead. Other than the 20 fanboys who are defending that turd, nobody is going to buy their next game.

News Comments > 50 More Steam Greenlights
4. Re: 50 More Steam Greenlights Feb 5, 2014, 21:37 Creston

I thought they were going to can Greenlight?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 5, 2014, 21:37 Creston

SmyTTor wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 21:14:
But if they do indeed raise Prime by $40, or even the $20 low end, would that change things enough?

Not really for me, no. Even at $120, Prime is definitely worth it. It's basically a shipment a month and I get Video thrown in for free.

That said, I'm not sure they're going to raise it by that much. There has been a lot of negative feedback about it all across the net, especially if it goes up by 40 bucks. And sure, people are never going to be happy if something popular goes up in price, but I've seen a LOT of people saying they'll cancel it if it goes to 120 a year.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 5, 2014, 21:34 Creston

Newegg's expedited plan is WAAAAAAY too expensive. I buy everything from socks to pillows to dog food to dvds to pc parts to games to power tools to tvs to clippers to spare mower parts and God knows what else from Amazon.

Stuff I buy from newegg: parts for a new PC once every 3 years or so. Why would I pay $50 a year for expedited shipping on that, when it'd likely be cheaper for me to just pay for expedited shipping when I actually order the parts?

Also, when I do order that PC, I don't really care if it takes 2 or 3 extra days to show up. I never got Prime for the 2 day shipping part of the deal, I got it for the free shipping period. This way I can order something when I need it without having to worry about ordering other stuff to make the shipping worthwhile.

Combined with that, I do actually watch a lot of stuff on Amazon Instant Video for free with Prime.

Sorry Newegg. I really like you guys, but this isn't an answer. Just keep supplying parts that Amazon doesn't deliver, and I'll keep buying PCs from you guys.

News Comments > New Elite: Dangerous Backer MP Alpha
1. Re: New Elite: Dangerous Backer MP Alpha Feb 5, 2014, 17:45 Creston

Gotta hand it to David, rather than just talking about it, he is actually MAKING Elite 4 now.

In other news, Amazon.com reports that they've shipped a large supply of ice scrapers to various addresses in Hell.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
42. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 5, 2014, 17:39 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 15:45:
Creston wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 14:14:
NegaDeath wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 13:47:
What star rating does a hotel with face melting sink water get?

Judging by the star rating of some of the most incredible shitholes I've stayed in, I'd say Sochi hotels rank a solid 3.5 stars out of 5.

I know you are trying to be funny, but I've stayed in shit holes and they seem more functional that what is being shown here and these are new and part of 50 billion in expenditures.

You realize that I'm just taking the piss at the star ratings, right? That I am not actually saying that these are good hotels?

39. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 5, 2014, 16:18 Creston

Dmitri_M wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 15:21:
Don't be such a narrow minded turd. If this is what Russia presents to the world, so be it. All countries should be allowed to present the Olympics..so the world can see them for who they are.

Yeah, that's great. 51 billion dollars and counting of Russian taxpayer money so they can show to the world how fucking inept they are, all for the sake of posturing and showboating by a few officials and politicians.

Athens is still paying off the debts incurred by the Olympics.

Countries that can't financially shoulder the burden of an Olympic games shouldn't get to host them. That shouldn't be too fucking difficult to comprehend.

News Comments > EVE Monument Planned
4. Re: EVE Monument Planned Feb 5, 2014, 15:17 Creston

Kosumo wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 15:13:
Flight of the Conchords is a reality drama doco, not as some believe, a comedy.

Hahahahaha.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2014, 15:06 Creston

Quboid wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 14:53:
How I'm picturing Creston right now.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!

You, good sir, absolutely win the entire internets for the day.

(Edit: Watching the movie now on Amazon. )

30. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 5, 2014, 15:00 Creston

Well, of that 50 billion dollars, some 30 billion probably went into the pockets of all the shitheels involved with bringing the game to Socchi. So, you know, the entire board of the Olympic committee that votes on it, Russian officials, Putin, etc.

Then, considering that Socchi is a year-round warm weather climate, they've been fucking STORING SNOW IN WAREHOUSES UNDER THERMAL BLANKETS in order to actually have some, you know, SNOW, for their winter games. That's probably an easy 19.9999 billion dollars right there.

That leaves a hundred grand for actual accomodations and everything.

The entire Socchi thing is a giant joke.

(will still watch. A lot. And will be utterly irritated at NBC's coverage and horseshit "human interest" stories.)

News Comments > EVE Monument Planned
1. Re: EVE Monument Planned Feb 5, 2014, 14:56 Creston

I keep thinking about Flight of the Conchords and the way they take the piss at New Zealand. Murray would promote New Zealand: "We have a toothbrush fence! Over fifty toothbrushes in it!"

Iceland promotion: "We have a monument to players of an online game! It's 5 meters tall! Also, we have ice!"

27. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 5, 2014, 14:14 Creston

NegaDeath wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 13:47:
What star rating does a hotel with face melting sink water get?

Judging by the star rating of some of the most incredible shitholes I've stayed in, I'd say Sochi hotels rank a solid 3.5 stars out of 5.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2014, 13:44 Creston

1badmf wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 12:53:
more telling that you're picking NOBODY THAT ROCKS =P

Sorry young'un. The 80s were the greatest decade of music ever. #dealwithit.

News Comments > Nadella New MS CEO; Gates Out as Chairman
22. Re: Nadella New MS CEO; Gates Out as Chairman Feb 5, 2014, 12:32 Creston

Verno wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 13:19:
He's an engineer who also grew their online services division from nothing to a billion dollar business despite facing large entrenched competitors. I don't see how he's unqualified or something.

I'm not saying he's unqualified, but if you're looking to change your company into something else, picking one of the old guard that's been there 20+ years isn't really how you go about doing that.

Panickd wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 14:22:
Umm... the board had nothing to do with either Ballmer or Gates leaving. Gates has been very public in saying he wanted to take on more of an advisory role and spend more time on his foundation for the last couple years at least. And I'm thinking Ballmer has had his exit planned for a long while as well.

Yeah, and Ballmer quit because he "wanted to spend more time with his family" too, I'm guessing? If Ballmer planned his exit for several years, why was there no replacement being groomed?

Please. They both "left" (Gates is still staying on as a consultant) because of shareholder pressure, and in the end that's who the board answers to. I'm not saying they got directly fired or anything, but there was some pretty strong nudging.

20. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 5, 2014, 12:26 Creston

In Soviet Russia, toilet paper wipes itself with you!

... *crickets*

/shows self out.

18. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 5, 2014, 12:24 Creston

They're traveling to the place that's called "The Russian Riviera." Somehow I would expect it to be slightly more luxurious than the equivalent of a tribal 'hotel' in Papua New Guinea.

It's a shame that asswipe Peter King isn't sent to cover Sochi. His whines would have been heard outside the solar system. "NO FRESH COFFEE IN THE MORNING! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

22086 Comments. 1105 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo