Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 24487 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 30, 2014, 18:22 Creston

Creston explains why some of Destiny's DLC is on the disc: It's so they can make more money out of you, their wallets customers.

There, that did not require an entire article to be written about it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gone Gold - Far Cry 4
3. Re: Gone Gold - Far Cry 4 Oct 30, 2014, 18:20 Creston

Yeah, I so wished this would come out say next week, so I could play it before Inquisition lands...

News Comments > Dragon Age Keep Open Demo
16. Re: Dragon Age Keep Open Demo Oct 30, 2014, 14:32 Creston

Strange, I think in the 40-50 hours I played DA2, it crashed on me maybe once or twice.

I agree with the endless waves of boring shit. It drove me insane my first playthrough, so for my second one I just set difficulty to normal and brought three mages. Firestorms and Ice storms and lightning storms all over the place tend to kill shit in a hurry.

But yeah, I don't want that kind of combat anymore. To be fair, from the twitch streams and videos I've seen of DA:I, it does NOT in any way look like that.

11. Re: Dragon Age Keep Open Demo Oct 30, 2014, 11:59 Creston

Verno wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 11:49:
DA:O had many flaws but it felt like a good, meaty RPG for a change. Lots of content you could otherwise gloss over, some deep side quests and many nuanced choices. I hope DA:I is a return to that kind of game.

That I will definitely second.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 30, 2014, 11:37 Creston

"We won't do shit about AT&T and Verizon and Comcast fucking you over with caps and terrible connections and prioritizing content, but we're going to regulate THE FUCK out of Internet Video, and make that available so you can't actually watch it through the providers that we refuse to regulate!"

- your friends, the FCC.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity GeForce Video
11. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity GeForce Video Oct 30, 2014, 11:31 Creston

Phasenoise wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 08:55:
John wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 08:35:
How does one make their rig "sexy"? Confused
With a push-up monitor stand.

HEEEEEEEEEYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity GeForce Video
10. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity GeForce Video Oct 30, 2014, 11:31 Creston

NKD wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 23:09:
Ubisoft is always good about adding PC specific graphical features, but the performance always leaves something to be desired. I'm curious how that'll play out.

The same as it did with Black Flag and the other game which had them (forgot which one.) Unless you have a GTX980 or so, it's going to really murder your framerate.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2014, 11:28 Creston

The Giants are likely the first team to ever win a World Series while only having one actual viable starting pitcher. of course, since that starting pitcher is basically the second coming of Sandy Koufax, it still allows you to win.

Unbelievable pitching performance by bumgarner. It may genuinely have been the best postseason pitching performance ever.

7. Re: Dragon Age Keep Open Demo Oct 30, 2014, 11:20 Creston

InBlack wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 10:42:
Sauron, it doesnt help that this last game seems to be riffing on Skyrim like a whole shitload does it?

Considering Skyrim winds up in the top 3 of pretty much every "top 100 PC games of all time" list I see, and is likely the best selling PC RPG of all time, I don't thinking that emulating it a bit more is that bad of an idea.

I'm tempted to pre-order DA:I, solely for the fact that it'll let me preload. Without a preload I'm looking at a solid five days of downloading. On the flipside, I hate rewarding EA. It's a dilemma. I'll probably keep debating it right up until November 14th.

As far as the game is concerned, I have no worry about liking it. I loved DA:O, and I've even enjoyed DA2 enough to play through it twice, so I seriously doubt I wouldn't enjoy this one.

As far as the Dragon Age keep, it's in "open beta", but it's been tested for like the past year, so it's more of a "We call it a beta just in case something doesn't work", but it really is an actual release.

I actually like the idea behind the keep. Savegame importing was pretty badly borked between DA:O and DA2, and now that they're adding two more platforms trying to get savegames to be recognized would have been flatout impossible. Doing it through a website like this seems like a pretty elegant solution.

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com
88. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com Oct 29, 2014, 16:27 Creston

WaltC wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 07:28:
And under Win10TP, I have found it even *better* with the 1-2 games I had a problem with in 8.1...!

That's pretty remarkable. You wouldn't think backwards compatibility with 2 decade old software would be high on MS's list

News Comments > Star Citizen at $59M
18. Re: Star Citizen at $59M Oct 29, 2014, 14:46 Creston

Slashman wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 14:39:
I'm now officially giving you an internet. Even though you keep pissing me off in Defense Grid 2.

You still haven't beaten those scores? I haven't even played it in like five weeks.

I feel your aggravation though, not being able to figure out why my score is better/worse than the previous time I played is why I'm not playing it anymore. The storyline is seventy-five shades of shit, the voice acting is terrible, the aliens now all look the same, and most of the levels aren't even any fun.

Defense Grid 2: How Not To Make A Sequel To A Beloved Game.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera at $4.75M
10. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera at $4.75M Oct 29, 2014, 14:39 Creston

In a somewhat related topic, my Wasteland 2 box showed up yesterday, and it is beautiful. The cloth map is now hanging above my desk (after I chastised my wife for saying it looked like a "dirty handkerchief!" Shakefist )  

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera at $4.75M
8. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera at $4.75M Oct 29, 2014, 14:37 Creston

saluk wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 14:29:
How can they possibly make stretch goals without releasing more ships to buy?

Chris Roberts is baffled too.

Anyway, this is good news, because the Bloom sounded cool and I was sad when I heard they were cutting (parts of) it. More stuff by George Ziets = Teh Schnizzle.

News Comments > Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin
19. Re: Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin Oct 29, 2014, 14:36 Creston

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 13:04:
I bought the Crusader games awhile back on gog.com during their last sale.. the gog version suffers from the original control issues, aka terribly implemented keyboard+mouse setup.

I'm sure the Origin version is about the same, but I'll download and check it out later. The controls can only improve at this point.

I can't even remember how I got through it, way back when on the floppy/CD version... I don't remember the controls being this rough.

They were, but at the time shit running at 10fps and having terrible controls was what we were used to, so we just dealt with it.

I fired this up a couple of months back, and quit after about six rooms of aggravation at the terrible controls and horrible animation. I loved this game back in the day, but now I just can't deal with just constantly fighting to get my guy in the right spot anymore.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $59M
15. Re: Star Citizen at $59M Oct 29, 2014, 14:32 Creston

the FPS module isnít an asideÖ itís a fully featured game in and of itself

Great...? I know that when everyone was clamoring for more space games, what they all REALLY meant was "There aren't enough FPS games out there, we need them IN our space games too!"

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2014, 12:26 Creston

Verizon to NSA: "Up my ass, please. No lube."

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Oct 29, 2014, 11:44 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 21:34:
NASA needs to play more KSP.

There has to be video of the guy in Houston furiously hitting backspace...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 29, 2014, 11:41 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 11:01:
So there is really going to be a EA Access, golf clap.

EA - Electronic Arts
EA - Early Access
EAA - Electronic Arts Access

You know if it were the other way around they'd be suing the balls off someone with the name likeness.

Look on the bright side, it's all shit, so there's no thinking maybe it'll be decent when you see the EA abbreviation.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Dying light canned for 360/PS3 Oct 29, 2014, 11:40 Creston

Good. At least we don't have a game gimped for fucking decade old hardware.

Now can it for the new underpowered pieces of shit as well, and maybe we'll get a game that actually IS as good as you've been promising it to be.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2014, 11:29 Creston

Yay, my septic pump died again.  

24487 Comments. 1225 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo