Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 24246 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > DICE: BF4 Launch "Absolutely" Damaged Player Trust
17. Re: DICE: BF4 Launch "Absolutely" Damaged Player Trust Oct 8, 2014, 10:45 Creston

Blablablablablablablabla. You fuckers do this every time. You'll do it again with your next game too.

You're one of the worst devs when it comes to releasing games, and you're matched up with one of the worst publishers when it comes to releasing games, so I'm going to say that your next game is going to suck just as bad, and all your sheeple fans will still buy it, and you'll all go "Eh, they keep buying it, so let's just keep shoveling shit out the door."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations
23. Re: Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations Oct 7, 2014, 22:28 Creston

Fucking publishers. Die in a fucking fire.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
10. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 7, 2014, 11:32 Creston

nin wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 20:08:
ViRGE wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 18:57:
"5 Dirty Tricks Apple Uses to Get You to Buy a New iPhone."

You're normally more selective than this, Blue. That is a Grade-A example of a useless clickbait article.

Dude, it's cracked. Did you really expect something meaningful?

I thought the one point about them using trick photography to make the phone seem slimmer was pretty cool, though.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 7, 2014, 11:01 Creston

That's funny, because at least the police is usually able to capture a drunk burglar. The FBI/NSA and their success against Chinese hackers is roughly 0%.  

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Oct 7, 2014, 11:00 Creston

Parias wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 19:19:
Good to see Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising on that Humble Flash Bundle - it was a pretty cool mix between Battlezone (the RTS one) and the classic Carrier Command with a storyline narrated by Tom Baker to boot. Totally worth playing.

It's been one of my favorite games of all time. I've replayed it just about every year or so ever since it was released in 2000.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Story Trailer
6. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Story Trailer Oct 7, 2014, 10:59 Creston

So I'm sure Arno will be there for every single important event that happened during the French Revolution, right? I mean, it was awesome when Connor got to be there for literally everything that ever happened in American history, so I expect no less for his French counterpart.

News Comments > The Crew Delayed
5. Re: The Crew Delayed Oct 7, 2014, 10:56 Creston

Ubisoft Exec "So, we're releasing Far Cry 4, Assassin's Creed Unity, Assassin's Creed Rogue AND the Crew basically all within a week from one another?"

Ubisoft Marketoid "Yes! Awesome, right?!"

Exec "And this is in the same week, even the same DAY, that things like Dragon Age Inquisition and the upgraded version of GTA5 come out, and just a week later than the next Call of Duty launches?"

Marketoid *nods furiously* "Yes!"

Exec "So not only are we competing with really big titles from our competition, but in essence we are in a four-way competition WITH OURSELVES?"

Marketoid "It's so brilliant I could cry!"

Exec *chokes the fucking shit out of marketoid* "Delay the Crew! DELAY IT!"

News Comments > DRM-Free Offline Play Coming to Planetary Annihilation
4. Re: DRM-Free Offline Play Coming to Planetary Annihilation Oct 7, 2014, 10:47 Creston

This was a Kickstarted game that came with complimentary always-on DRM? o_O

I'm glad I never gave them a dime.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2014, 16:40 Creston

garrywong wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 16:27:
Creston wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 14:56:
They're not corrupt, but they are pretty one-sided in their scientific reporting, so keep that in mind when you read their articles.

Got any recommendations for something else? I used to frequent Newscientist, but ugh, all that locked content got to me eventually.

Sadly, no. The few I used to read have all gotten pretty biased and one-sided, or locked behind paywalls, so...

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced
17. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced Oct 6, 2014, 16:37 Creston

Rigs wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 16:17:
I was, like everyone else, I suppose, shocked at Chewie's death. But they handled it pretty well and gave a lot of thought and weight to it.

Thought and weight? They dropped a fucking MOON on him, but the Falcon can fly away, even though they were close enough to it happening that Han was trying to REACH OUT to Chewie. (IIRC, only read that terrible, terrible fucking book once, and it was a long time ago. That entire Yuuzhan Vong series was awful.)

RA Salvatore is a fucking hack.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2014, 14:57 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 14:01:
I guess I'm just brain dead then.

Well, we've been saying that for years!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2014, 14:56 Creston

garrywong wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 11:36:
A question, please.

What with all the revelations from #gamergate, ArsTechnica's senior video game editor, Kyle Orland, has been seriously implicated. However, what does this say about the rest of the ArsTechnica website?

Personally, I have never seen it as "gaming" website, I've always gone there for technology and science news and interests. Since the senior staff of ArsTechnica hasn't seemed to respond in any way to all these allegations against one of their own, can we assume that the rest of the website is just as corrupt and not to be trusted in bringing objective and unbiased technological and scientific journalism?

They're not corrupt, but they are pretty one-sided in their scientific reporting, so keep that in mind when you read their articles.

9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced Oct 6, 2014, 14:49 Creston

Task wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 14:30:
And of course badasses like Mara Jade, which is an infinitely better female character than anything Episode 7 will produce.

I wanted to set fire to the entire EU staff when they (MASSIVE SPOILER!) killed her at the hands of snivelly bitch Jacen. Best character in Star Wars. I luv Mara.

7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced Oct 6, 2014, 14:43 Creston

EA: "You know how you all wanted to know how your personal story of Revan ended with another KOTOR? Fuck you."

News Comments > Game Reviews
11. Re: Game Reviews Oct 6, 2014, 13:03 Creston

Slashman wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 19:26:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 16:36:
I enjoy reading reviews from that perspective. It adds a flavor you don't see elsewhere, and he's small enough not to have been coopted like the bigger ones.

Having a blast with DG2, BTW. It's still DG, but there are several new features which changing things up a lot. It's much more tactical. You can't just pack the towers in like before. You have to think more about how and where and why to place towers. Highly recommended.

I like DG 2 as well. My real problem is that #%^*%! Creston and his stupid-high scores! I'm still trying to beat each of them in the campaign levels. It's like he has dev-level knowledge or something. CRESTOOOON!!!!!!!! Furious2

Slashman wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 10:27:
But I've sworn to beat Creston on every level.

You rang, Padawan?
Some enterprising young fellow once said the same about my original DG scores. I don't think he ever beat a single one.

Honestly, I don't like DG2. And I played the original DG for nearly 300 hours, and have spent literally days perfecting my build in single levels to wring every last possible score out of it. (Without going into bullshit such as toggling, letting aliens take off with cores to get bigger scores, and deliberately selling towers to let aliens run around longer.)

While I recognize that all those actions were valid to improve your score in the original DG, it always felt like going counter to the purpose of the game to me, especially letting aliens get away with cores. (if it's not a gold medal, the score shouldn't even count to begin with.)

But in DG2, the scoring system makes no fucking sense. NONE. I have replayed levels, done them better, wound up with more resources left at the end, and used FEWER towers, and yet got a lower score. It's a terrible, TERRIBLE fucking scoring system.

Without the fun of hunting a better score, and with the new scoring system apparently no longer punishing you for just putting down more towers the second you have money for them (as opposed to the original DG where waiting ten seconds before putting one down led to a higher score because of the compounding interest), getting a gold medal is basically as simple as "find out which turrets stop the aliens from getting to the cores. Build as many as you can afford."

So far every level I've played, I scored Gold on the first try. Admittedly I'm somewhat of a DG savant (I held several top ten scores and many, many top 100s in the original DG before it got ruined by cheaters) but there's just no challenge, and since there's no fun in hunting better scores, all I'm left with is bad voice acting (even Jennifer Hale sounds bad...) and a "plot" that's so fucking terrible they can't possibly have meant it seriously...

It's probably one of my biggest disappointments of the year.

(And what makes me really angry is that their new scoring system wasn't even necessary. ALL the issues with the original DG scoring could have been fixed by simply stopping the interest build-up as soon as the last alien of the last wave was on screen. Entire problem solved.)

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Why the FCC will ignore the public on NN Oct 6, 2014, 11:20 Creston

Unlike Comcast, AT&T, etc, you don't give them money.

There, that was much more succinct than that asslong article.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
47. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2014, 23:56 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 22:26:
VBHGBM-JS2VN9-0J5OFM gets it down to 40, but sadly you can't use a coupon AND credit.

That'll work, thanks buddy

News Comments > Steam Top 10
43. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2014, 22:17 Creston

Flatline wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 21:52:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 21:07:
Damn you people...

Downloading SoM as we speak....

Same here. GMG gave me a 23% discount so I think I spent 38 bucks on the game. Sub-40 dollars should be a good deal I suspect.

Yeah I'm gonna take a swing at it too. Does anyone have any currently working discount codes for GMG?

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Oct 4, 2014, 16:22 Creston

NKD wrote on Oct 4, 2014, 13:18:
I remember when gaming used to be about games. Might be getting time to hang up the towel on gaming and take up a nice old-person hobby like photography. I have no interest in gaming if it continues along this route and becomes nothing more than a vehicle for social issues.

Eh, I find it easy enough to ignore the idiots, SJWs and other assorted morons, as well as the large, large, large majority of gaming bloggers who somehow think they're important, and just read about games and play games.

In fact, I'm glad they're lumping all that shit under #gamergate, that way I automatically know what to avoid.

It also frees up a shit ton of time now I avoid the large majority of 'gaming' websites.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
9. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Oct 4, 2014, 16:14 Creston

NKD wrote on Oct 4, 2014, 13:11:
Don't use a technical preview for anything remotely sensitive if you don't want MS to have that information. As far as I know, this isn't new. They do a TON of automated data collection for tech previews. They rely primarily on this data rather than manually submitted feedback.

I can see that partially, sure. A list of applications and how long it takes them to open, no problem. A list of your hardware so they can aggregate data and figure out what the most prevailing conditions are, sure.

What do they need your browing, search and file history for? What do they need your fucking PHONE CALL AND SMS DATA for?? To find out how to make WinTen run better?

24246 Comments. 1213 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo