Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 23318 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained
36. Re: Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained Jun 19, 2014, 14:58 Creston

jimnms wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 14:49:
Here's a video of a guy explaining "The Physics Of Flying 'Space Fighters'" using Kerbal Space Program.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYPxJtra1ws

That's not just "a guy", that's Scott Manley, who is like the Kerbal Space Program Guru. (Which may have something to do with the fact that he either currently is, or was at one point, working for NASA as a rocket scientist or whatever they're called now.)

Tl;dr Scott Manley is brilliant, and is ALWAYS RIGHT.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deus Ex Universe Online Hint?
22. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 19, 2014, 12:21 Creston

I don't think they're saying they're going to turn it into an MMO. I believe from the first announcement they made on this, they're more looking into doing the "companion app" stuff like Ubisoft does with its games now, and to have things from one game tie into another.

The DX Universe refers to the combined group of games that they're planning on releasing (on many different platforms) rather than an MMO.

That's what it looks like to me, anyways.

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Jun 19, 2014, 12:17 Creston

Most of his arguments make sense, it's just that it's baffling to me that he simply doesn't understand how fucking nuts it is to call people WHO WOULD PAY FOR YOUR GAME 'freeloaders.'

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 19, 2014, 11:58 Creston

Even an order mandating or enjoining conduct entirely within British Columbia may have such extraterritorial, or even worldwide effect.”

Yeah, ok, Canadian judge. Rolleyes Put down the fucking crack pipe, and for the love of God lose your job.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Jun 19, 2014, 11:38 Creston

Since it took the Redskins lawsuit EIGHT YEARS to come to a conclusion, I'm fairly sure few developers are worried about losing their trademarks on games from the previous decade.  

11. Re: Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained Jun 19, 2014, 11:32 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 10:43:
They want this game to be the jack of all trades

That is not going to end well...

10. Re: Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained Jun 19, 2014, 11:29 Creston

I like his reasoning, but in essence he's asking players to become actual pilots in order to play his game. Hopefully there will be computer assists for many of these functions (Space Traction Control!), otherwise a ton of players are going to be unable to even fly simple maneuvers with their ships...

Still, the idea of simulating the flight model this way is very, very cool.

News Comments > Phil Fish Baits YouTube; Becomes Twitter Quitter
3. Re: Phil Fish Baits YouTube; Becomes Twitter Quitter Jun 18, 2014, 19:53 Creston

He's a fucking gimp. Stop buying his shit.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jun 18, 2014, 11:46 Creston

Oh noes, the poor traditional games press...

The quicker that congregation of paid weasels dies out, the better.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 18, 2014, 00:11 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 21:44:
2. While every other professional sport has moved to pay services like cable or satellite, the NFL makes every regular-season and playoff game available to you for FREE.

Except the thursday game - you know, the one they moved to NFL Network only....

And the blacked out games. And all the games I can't actually see locally, because I'm not in their area, and... and... and...

Typical lying horseshit, because the morons in Congress never bother to check anything anyway. "Well, the NFL says all the games are free, so dagnabbit, it must be true! Now I need more whores!"

News Comments > Line Of Defense $99 Early Access
69. Re: Line Of Defense $99 Early Access Jun 17, 2014, 21:46 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 19:26:
Dirwulf wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 17:25:
He couldn't help himself over a PC gamer. HAD to respond to the comments. Get yer popcorn.
There is a reason why his game is called line of defense

To be fair to him, his arguments in that thread are pretty well constructed and thought out. He stands by his freeloader comment, and apparently doesn't understand the sheer lunacy of calling someone who would PAY TO GET EARLY ACCESS a freeloader, but other than that he's finally matured enough where he no longer just engages in pointless flame wars. Good for him.

Also, holy shit, he got gray! I feel his pain there...

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 17, 2014, 21:22 Creston

The new Youtube, on display now.  

15. Re: Game of Thrones series 4 finale sets new online piracy record Jun 17, 2014, 16:05 Creston

Prez wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 14:51:
Personally I choose to wait, but honestly I'm not sure how being told that you have to spend 60-80 bucks a month for the minimum cable package containing HBO (because it sure as hell isn't included in basic cable) just to watch one show is either fair or easy.

You don't HAVE to. You can just wait. (I know you said you did.) Nobody has died yet of waiting for a show to come out on their content system of choice.

HBO Go is available on Roku, but I can't watch HBO Go without a subscription to HBO,

Which kinda makes sense...? They really should just allow you to get HBO Go on its own, for the same fee as HBO, and I have no idea why they don't. (Actually, I do. It's because the TV conglomerates force them to, as they know full well that a ton more people would cut the cord if HBO was easily available elsewhere.)

Fair and easy? Pfft.

Yeah, it really is. That it doesn't fit your definition of fair and easy, eh. It takes all of 20 seconds to order a season of GoT on Amazon, and have it delivered free to your door 2 days later. Or you pay 1,99 an episode and watch it right then and there. That seems pretty fair and easy to me.

They are throwing away money - people like me would gladly subscribe to HBO for a reasonable price per month to watch their programming, but they won't do it.

Agreed. Again, tv pressure, etc.

Lot's of people pirate instead.

Which is fine, I don't care. HBO obviously doesn't really care either. But let's not pretend it's because it's so damn fucking impossible to get to watch GoT otherwise.

They could cut those piracy numbers drastically just by adapting to 21st century content delivery norms.

They do. They just make you wait for it, and apparently waiting is physically impossible for a large number of people. It would like rend the space-time continuum or something.

This comment was edited on Jun 17, 2014, 16:13.

14. Re: Game of Thrones series 4 finale sets new online piracy record Jun 17, 2014, 15:59 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 14:38:
Creston wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 13:41:
You can either subscribe to HBO, which as far as I know is available on literally every single telcom/satellite provider,
2005 called and wants it's content delivery system back.

or you can buy it on DVD/Blu-ray afterward (which is what I do.)
2005 called again. Wants it's media storage system back.

Not sure how much fairer or easier it needs to get? I'm sure there are some countries where it's not being aired, and I have no problem with people in those countries pirating it, but every single jacktard who pirates it in the US is just a cheap motherfucking asshole.
I'll just leave this right here for ya.

Oh, right. I'm sorry. I forgot that you are entitled to get it RIGHT FUCKING NOW, even though you refuse to subscribe to HBO, and having to wait for the entire season to be finished so it can be available on netflix, or amazon, or HBO, or any other system of your choice, is just toooooooo fucking long. You deserve it right now. RIGHT FUCKING NOW DAMMIT. WITHOUT PAYING. EVERYTHING SHOULD BE FREE.

It's a good argument. Seriously. I mean, your life would literally end if you had to wait until October (?) to see Season 4.

1976 called and says that particular justification for pirating shit still isn't valid.

PS: Not bashing you personally, but the reasoning is simply stupid.

I will say that bigtimeawesometorrentbucket.com is brilliant. And I would totally click that girl who wants to date my testicles.

This comment was edited on Jun 17, 2014, 16:12.

News Comments > New Deus Ex Details?
19. Re: New Deus Ex Details? Jun 17, 2014, 15:49 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 15:46:
Creston wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 11:23:
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE .... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE .... (much, much later) EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

A trilogy game would be even more awesome. It's one of my favorite things about Mass Effect, even though some of the decisions do kinda fizzle out in the end.

Squee™ and all interations of Squee™ are Trademarked by TheHalfElf™ Enterprises.

That'll be 5 dollah's sir!

PATENT TROLL! PATENT TROLL!!!!!!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2014, 14:37 Creston

Dacron wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 14:27:
Creston wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 11:30:
But all the missions are already instanced, so I doubt that'd be the sticking point?

It's quite sad to see them just ignore heists. Shit, they have enough money, just buy the PayDay devs and have them make it.

But I don't want to pay $3 for each weapon group, and $6 for each new heist rockstar makes. You take you Overkill DLC raping dev team and go home!

Yeah, I agree, getting no heists at all is much better.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 17, 2014, 14:12 Creston

PewDiePie is pretty funny though. It's a cool way to spend 30 mins or so entertaining yourself and getting some good laughs along the way.

Seattle spending 17.5K of tax payer money to boost a city official's online reputation should be investigated as fraud and land some cuntsacks in jail.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
11. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 17, 2014, 13:46 Creston

A thousand college cheerleaders sign up for sex with me every month too. Rolleyes

News Comments > Line Of Defense $99 Early Access
59. Re: Line Of Defense $99 Early Access Jun 17, 2014, 13:43 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 12:43:
Creston wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 11:40:
ASeven wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 07:53:
Did he just call any future buyer of his game freeloaders??

Yes. Yes, he did. Welcome to the world of Derek Smart, where you buy his game, and then get called a stupid fucknozzle by him or his tardbilly friends if it doesn't work.
Maybe that is a new fetish
Some people like to be punished, even if they have to pay for it

"Normally you pay double for that kind of action!"

6. Re: Game of Thrones series 4 finale sets new online piracy record Jun 17, 2014, 13:41 Creston

Cutter wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 12:32:
Pigeon wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 11:55:
Which basically says you've got content people want but they can't get legally without a lot of hassle and/or without paying significantly more than they are willing. I'm not condoning piracy, but when you see this much of it there's a problem on the supply side.

Well if they don't provide a fair and easy way to do it that's what's going to happen.

You can either subscribe to HBO, which as far as I know is available on literally every single telcom/satellite provider, or you can buy it on DVD/Blu-ray afterward (which is what I do.)

Not sure how much fairer or easier it needs to get? I'm sure there are some countries where it's not being aired, and I have no problem with people in those countries pirating it, but every single jacktard who pirates it in the US is just a cheap motherfucking asshole.

23318 Comments. 1166 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo