Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 26530 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Oct 5, 2015, 22:13 Creston

1) It's a government agency.
2) Thus you have no oversight.
3) Nor are you held to any kind of quality of work.
4) And you can basically never get fired.
5) Yay.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft Teasing Something; Maybe Far Cry Primal?
10. Re: Ubisoft Teasing Something; Maybe Far Cry Primal? Oct 5, 2015, 22:12 Creston

Cutter wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 22:01:

Just because you said that now we're going to get an Ass Creed + Far Cry crossover. Oh wait, they're virtually the same thing anyway.

I was gonna say, an Ass Creed / Far Cry crossover? What would that look like exactly? Like AC Syndicate? Or Far Cry 5?

News Comments > CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit
169. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 21:09 Creston

Grokk wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 19:45:
Is it worth my time reading back through 158 comments on this thread?

If you're bored at work, sure. Otherwise, no.

168. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 21:06 Creston

MacLeod wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 21:00:
Creston wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 20:56:
Some Joe Schmoe runs off with 50K from Kickstarter and nobody except the people who got taken really give a shit. You take off with 90 million, and someone WILL hunt your ass down.

I feel like you just paraphrased Hans Grubber in Die Hard talking to Holly Maclain.

Haha, that may have been in the back of my mind and guiding my words.

166. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 20:56 Creston

Comet wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 17:34:
Thomas Hennessy, CIG’s Videographer, commented on the latest controversy in a recent podcast interview

https://soundcloud.com/imperialnewsnetwork/innside-cig-thomas-hennessy/s-t5oor

Basically he states:
"Controversy sells either its true or not. It is sad. People are working hard and its almost like a personal attack...I would say this... If SC is a scam it is one of the worst scams ever. Because we are actually building a game. If it was really a scam why would open all these offices, hire all these people, doing all this work...It is unfortunate that sometimes headlines and controversy sells, but its not.."

I genuinely do not believe that SC is a scam, as in that they're just trying to rake in as much money as possible and when the well dries up, they take it and run. That's not what it is. Some Joe Schmoe runs off with 50K from Kickstarter and nobody except the people who got taken really give a shit and nobody is going to go nuts over it. You take off with 90 million, however, and someone WILL hunt your ass down. Also, the devs working for CIG would not be part of that, as they would see little to nothing of that money and would forever ruin their names in the industry.

I DO think, however, that they are selling flash over substance, are focused almost solely on pretty pictures of pretend starships, and are taking advantage of the gullibility / craziness of people who keep forking over hundreds if not thousands of dollars for said pictures of pretend starships.

I think they're going to keep selling these bullshit ships-for-$400 for as long as they can, just to keep everyone employed. Every month that they can pull in 2-3 million is another month everyone gets paid, gets to travel around the world "to visit all the studios" on backer dime, etc. Only once that well appears to dry up, will something 'final' be shipped.

In that, I can see why an ex-employee would say that he feels it to be a 'con.'

News Comments > Ubisoft Teasing Something; Maybe Far Cry Primal?
4. Re: Ubisoft Teasing Something; Maybe Far Cry Primal? Oct 5, 2015, 20:42 Creston

Maybe they could tease no longer handing PC versions of their games to the amputated gimps at Ubisoft Kiev.

120. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 16:09 Creston

Desalus wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 13:48:
My guess is that Chris is worried that The Escapist article and any further bad press with decrease the amount of future gamer funding, which means they most likely do not have enough funds to complete the game.

Which goes 100% against the entire concept of crowd funding. They stopped doing stretch goals at 65 million, and are now at ~ 90 million. They should EASILY have enough money to complete everything promised at 65 million.

The fact/assumption that they don't means they've just been promising things without any kind of idea what it would actually cost to implement them.

Their constant need for more money to complete the game they essentially promised to make with less money is just disingenuous.

News Comments > Steam in Stores
12. Re: Steam in Stores Oct 5, 2015, 15:58 Creston

I was wondering how they were going to market and sell those Steam Machines.

67. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 12:52 Creston

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 12:40:
Publishing an article claiming that Sandi Gardiner is racist without anything to substantiate that claim or any attempt to seek comment is defamation.

I can't re-read the article at work, but I don't think that's what they did. I think it said something like "CSR1 also said that Sandi was racist and refused to hire someone because 'we aren't hiring a black girl.' "

That's not stating that she is racist, that's just repeating what your anonymous source tells you. I think legally there's probably a pretty big difference between the two, but admittedly I have little knowledge with regards to the legal system.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 5, 2015, 12:40 Creston

Ad blockers are foe to the internet, but friend to the consumer. Guess which one I am?

64. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 12:37 Creston

MasaIV wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 11:42:
Is it just me, or have people already decided one way or another whether they think Star Citizen will succeed or fail? It seems like every time there is "news" like this posted, both sides see it as evidence they are right.

Pretty much, yeah. Also, it's a slow day for news. We need some more Just Cause 3 videos!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2015, 11:45 Creston

Verno wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 10:13:
Its by revenue, not sales units. CS:GO is incredibly popular and its marketplace sells a lot of shit, they have no need to rig anything.

Interesting. So if a title sells enough in its marketplace, it still shows up on this list? Because I would have imagined the list is solely by games sold, not by "ancillary crap sold."

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2015, 11:44 Creston

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 06:25:
What is up with these Steam lists lately? Who is still buying CS:GO? Is it even possible for a Steam account to not have CS:GO, or CS 1.6, or CS:S on it?

Mine doesn't!

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 5, 2015, 11:42 Creston

nin wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 09:39:
Shenmue 3 Creator Says He "Could Do With a Bit More Money." *Blink*

Yeah, couldn't we all?

"I said yep, what a concept..."

Soon you will be able to buy Shenmue spaceships ... pictures of spaceships ... not-actually-designed-yet spaceships that 'meet their specifications' for $400! BUY NOW!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2015, 11:34 Creston

Mets - Dodgers, Blue. Not an easy matchup, but then again the other options would have been the Cardinals, which is likely even worse.

Royals - Cardinals in the WS, with the Cards winning it.

18. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 10:21 Creston

That 90 million bucks goes away REALLLLLLY quickly once lawyers get involved.

$91M stretch goal: CIG hires more lawyers!

29. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2015, 13:20 Creston

BobBob wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 12:13:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 01:00:
SlimRam wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 00:57:
Prez wrote on Oct 3, 2015, 23:36:
Hey all. Just checking in to let everyone know I'm still breathing.
Was wondering where you had been. Also, where the HELL is Batman?

He's undercover.

Retired?

One might say that. One might also note he's about to transcend to Jedi.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2015, 13:19 Creston

Cutter wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 11:15:
Yeah, but Blue works from home and isn't out much so does he really need a $200-$300 Wifi thermostat?

Good point. Obviously its use will vary from one user to the next.

For me a 7 day programmable I can adjust on the fly is all I need. It has options for temps throughout the day by hour, an "eco" mode, a vacation mode, etc. Do you use a furnace in conjunction with your heat pump?

Yeah, the emergency heat is a furnace. It runs of electrically powered heat strips which are INSANELY expensive. (A cold week where I stay on emergency heat all week costs me 1500KWh of electricity...)

27. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2015, 13:17 Creston

Prez wrote on Oct 3, 2015, 23:36:
Hey all. Just checking in to let everyone know I'm still breathing.

Hey bud.

News Comments > Escapist Defends Star Citizen Sources
72. Re: Escapist Defends Star Citizen Sources Oct 3, 2015, 23:15 Creston

Flatline wrote on Oct 3, 2015, 01:45:
It doesn't actually defend the veracity of the people quoted in the story, but it does defend the "veracity" of the author.

That's a good point, actually, I didn't think about it that way.

26530 Comments. 1327 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo