Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 23540 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 17, 2014, 05:09 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 20:10:
Or all the people that are excited to play a 15 year old LucasArts game remade for the PC?

That one is actually understandable, since it's a royal bitch to

A) try to get a copy of Grim Fandango
B) to get it to actually work on a current OS

In the end, I can understand why people would want to rebuy a really cool game for the PC versus a console version. I mean, it's going to look and run tons better (in the case of GTAV), but I do wonder why there's so much love for remakes of games that are just going from one console to the other. Sure, it'll look and play better, but not to the extent that porting it to the PC would (likely) do.

Maybe a lot of people have put their old PS3/360s on the shelf, and they don't want to break it out just for playing one or two particular games?

Quite frankly, I wish Rockstar would remake RDR for PC or even the PS4, so I guess I'm just as guilty as everyone else.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GRID Autosport Boost Pack Released, Because "It Sells"
17. Re: GRID Autosport Boost Pack Released, Because Jul 17, 2014, 05:03 Creston

At least the dude is honest about it, which is just about a first in the game industry.

But fully expect the game industry to go more and more towards this kind of bullshit. Up next, an RPG where you can only level up if you buy (individual) level-up packs...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Thor is now a woman Jul 16, 2014, 16:43 Creston

What? Wha... what... the fuck, Marvel?  

News Comments > Sims 2 Support Ending
7. Re: Sims 2 Support Ending Jul 16, 2014, 16:41 Creston

I applaud upgrading people with any kind of sims 2 version to the ultimate edition, which includes like a trillion dollars worth of expansion packs and content.

Good on ya, EA.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
18. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 16, 2014, 16:39 Creston

Eirikrautha wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 14:38:
P.S. What's all this about people getting paid to post here on Blue's???? I have to pay him so I can post!

Only 19716 more posts to go before your Jedi status, and it becomes free!

17. Outlook CTRL F Jul 16, 2014, 16:37 Creston

Because it's Microsoft, and they're all a bunch of arrogant cockwaffles who think they know everything better.  

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 15, 2014, 10:25 Creston

Pigeon wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 09:18:
'Don't call that rotten chicken rotten otherwise it'll look like we're serving rotten chicken.'

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Kudos, good sir.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 15, 2014, 10:19 Creston

It (Windows phone) even beats the iPhone in 24 markets.

Which 24 markets are those? The 24 floors of MS's HQ in Redmond?

News Comments > West Games/Areal AMA Doesn't Answer All Questions
18. Re: West Games/Areal AMA Doesn't Answer All Questions Jul 14, 2014, 15:51 Creston

Ask us anything, except about our scam kickstarter.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Video Interview
1. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Video Interview Jul 12, 2014, 11:57 Creston

A lot of people don't know that Assassin's creed games were not at 1:1 scale? He must be talking about a different kind of scale, because I can't imagine there was a single person in the world who believed it was 1:1.

The combat changes sound good. No more instant parry / immortality button.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 12, 2014, 11:51 Creston

Doesn't everybody hate Xbox fans? They take Stockholm Syndrome to entirely new levels.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
34. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Mini-Delay Jul 12, 2014, 11:47 Creston

ChandlerL wrote on Jul 12, 2014, 10:46:
Creston wrote on Jul 12, 2014, 05:24:
Oh good, I see that Mike Laidlaw still doesn't give two shits about consistency, and still has mages that teleport around a battlefield even though their own lore says that teleportation of any kind is impossible in Thedas.

They're not teleporting they are moving at extraordinary speed over short distances. It's covered in the Dragon Age lore book called, "World of Thedas Vol. 1"

Mage disappears from one area, instantly appears in other area. It happens dozens of times in Dragon Age 2. It happens several times in this very video. That's teleporting, Bioware's horseshit semantics aside. And it's fine if you change your mind as a company, but they put the same fucking lore entry into DA2 where their combat designers decided that having mages teleport was the height of AI ingenuity.

Why not just scrap it then? Why have your writers even bother to come up with entries like that if you're just going to shit all over them as game designer? answer: Mike Laidlaw is a terrible lead designer.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
21. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 12, 2014, 05:39 Creston

I defy moron MS execs to come up with a single reason why I should buy their terrible product.  

21. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 12, 2014, 05:24 Creston

Oh good, I see that Mike Laidlaw still doesn't give two shits about consistency, and still has mages that teleport around a battlefield even though their own lore says that teleportation of any kind is impossible in Thedas.

Other than that, this looks very cool, though I was a little surprised to hear Leliana have such a vigorous stance against mages. Wonder what happened to her.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
36. George R R Martin Jul 11, 2014, 03:49 Creston

That's a funny attitude, since how when he inevitably fails that bet he's not going to be around to have to own up to it anymore anyway.

I don't understand why he cares so much what people think / write about him to begin with. He wrote a few decent fantasy books that were very different from the rather rote fantasy that was out at the time, took roughly a decade and a half to get to even the halfway point in his story, then sold the rights to HBO and is now making so much money he can probably literally do whatever he wants to.

I would care as much about the naysayers as I do about finishing the actual story, which is to say roughly zero.

This comment was edited on Jul 11, 2014, 03:55.

News Comments > Game Reviews
13. Re: Game Reviews Jul 11, 2014, 03:45 Creston

InBlack wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 09:25:
Yeah that review on Code Central is really, I dont know. Someone writes two paragraphs which are mostly bullshit and suddenly thats a review. Seriously, it probably took him 2 minutes to write that after playing the game for like 5 minutes. Can I have that dude's job? I promise my reviews will be at least 50% longer (as in another paragraph longer) and Ill even work for half pay.

Cheat Code Central makes money off people buying their trainers, and I seriously doubt whoever wrote that 'review' got paid for said 'review.' It's just pure clickbait.

39. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 11, 2014, 03:40 Creston

1badmf wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 00:14:
haha yeah aveline and isabela were always my party members cuz of the catty bullshit they always flung at each other. also you don't need to have a savegame ready. i'm pretty sure i've read that they're gonna release a savegame maker program thingy for everyone to abuse.

Yeah, Dragon Keep. Which is now roughly seven months late to even go into beta, so I don't hold out much hope that they'll have it ready before Inquisition releases. And even so, it's much more fun to get all your decisions from playing it. It was a lot of fun to replay Origins.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 10, 2014, 23:40 Creston

It's also something that happened months ago, but trust Ars to be right on the ball.

And I like how the US government's IT department is being dragged, kicking and screaming, into the 21st century.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 10, 2014, 23:30 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 10:18:
Julio wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 09:41:
Guess they don't want the truth to come out, so they're pushing to settle.

What "truth?"

Again, why do so many here think there is conspiracy behind incompetence?

Because this is fucking 'Merica, and it's ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 10, 2014, 23:25 Creston

Windows 7 support will really only end somewhere in 2022 or so. Not even MS is dumb enough to go through the XP support debacle twice in a row.

Btw, so Vista is already officially off support then?

23540 Comments. 1177 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo