Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 26530 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Ship Explosion Trailer
12. Re: Star Citizen Ship Explosion Trailer Oct 9, 2015, 10:26 Creston

All joking notwithstanding, they are exceedingly pretty explosions. There were a few instances where engines (I'm guessing?) were shot off without any kind of sparks or anything, which looked extremely weird, but other than that it was impressive.

Was it just me, however, or did it seem like the two explosions set in the asteroid fields were running at roughly ~ 15 fps or so. It did not in any way seem smooth.

Oh, and Hangar Lighting Improvements!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Voice Actors Authorize Strike
24. Re: Voice Actors Authorize Strike Oct 8, 2015, 14:20 Creston

stunt pay for "vocally stressful" parts

Okay, I'm all for people trying to make their job better for themselves, as God knows it's not going to happen magically, but that's just silly. Does getting more pay make up for hurting your voice? How about you ask the director to just split the "stressful" parts up into multiple recording sessions? (though maybe they're asking for that too.)

Also, unless games that are due in a month or so haven't got their VOs recorded yet, I doubt many publishers are going to really lie awake over this.

The next Deus Ex might be in trouble if they strike though—it's out in February.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 7, 2015, 10:51 Creston

PHJF wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 17:09:
I'm sure Adblock Plus could. Most of the other ones though? They literally have no monetary product, so what is their value, really?

Just spitballing here, but the millions of dollars in advertising that wasn't seen because of millions of adblocked browsers? I've had AdBlock enabled, on every web page, since its inception. What's the value of all that lost advertising?

I don't know whether that's held on a direct correlation like that (legally speaking.)

Though the RIAA has always tried to make it so...

News Comments > Deus Ex Anniversary Video
1. Re: Deus Ex Anniversary Video Oct 6, 2015, 23:14 Creston

Happy bday Deus Ex! Here's to 15 more years of (mostly) great games!  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Released
1. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Released Oct 6, 2015, 19:23 Creston

Put it on sale for 20 bucks, and I'll bite (for the DLCs.)  

News Comments > The Crew: Wild Hunt Beta This Month
10. Re: The Crew: Wild Hunt Beta This Month Oct 6, 2015, 15:57 Creston

InBlack wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 02:32:
Would you play a game where Ciri ports interdimensionally into Liberty City or Los Santos and proceeds to hustle her way to the top??

Hell yes.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2015, 15:55 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 10:27:
Spectre isn't bad, but nowhere near the Skyfall punch.

So Spectre is worse than Skyfall? Because I thought Skyfall was a terminally boring PoS.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2015, 15:52 Creston

weirdly, most reviews make no mention of this omission

It's really not that weird if you think about it.

(hint: $$$$$)

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 6, 2015, 15:51 Creston

Verno wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 13:09:
100k? Man you could get a lot more than that, especially now that they've survived a few legal challenges. I wouldn't sell a company doing that for less than many millions. The ad companies have tried several times to pay off Eye GMBH (company behind adblockplus). They've softened their stance towards acceptable ads lately but I'm not a fan of the ads. Google text ads was stuff I could live with, very few pieces of malware got delivered that way.

I'm sure Adblock Plus could. Most of the other ones though? They literally have no monetary product, so what is their value, really? If you're some coder sitting in your 300 sq ft apt in the middle of Ratville Alabama somewhere, and BIG AD offers you 100K for your plugin, why wouldn't you take it?

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 6, 2015, 15:50 Creston

nin wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 13:50:
Creston wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 12:58:
I've always kinda wondered why big ad companies don't just buy Adblockers. I mean, how much would it cost, 50K? 100? Then you modify it so that your ads are shown.

Once everyone moves to a different adblocker, you repeat the process.

CRESTON STFU!

Oh please, as if they hadn't thought about this already.

News Comments > No SC Retraction from The Escapist
41. Re: No SC Retraction from The Escapist Oct 6, 2015, 13:02 Creston

Kxmode wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 12:52:
Here's a photo of a Corgi dressed up as a spaceship.

I think that photo will break the internet.

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Announced
2. Re: Far Cry Primal Announced Oct 6, 2015, 13:01 Creston

At least they're shaking the setting up a bit, though I have no interest in this, as I have zero desire to play with spears and rocks as my weapons.

I'm also curious as to what Turok Takkar will climb in order to clear parts of the fog of war away. Dead Tyrannosaurus bodies?

PC version a month later, and undoubtedly done by Ubisoft Kiev, so anyone interested may want to wait an extra month until it's patched.

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 6, 2015, 12:58 Creston

I've always kinda wondered why big ad companies don't just buy Adblockers. I mean, how much would it cost, 50K? 100? Then you modify it so that your ads are shown.

Once everyone moves to a different adblocker, you repeat the process.

News Comments > Ubisoft Teasing Something; Maybe Far Cry Primal?
19. Re: Ubisoft Teasing Something; Maybe Far Cry Primal? Oct 6, 2015, 11:53 Creston

Rilcon wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 06:16:
Creston wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 20:42:
Maybe they could tease no longer handing PC versions of their games to the amputated gimps at Ubisoft Kiev.

I haven't played the latest Hitman, AssCreed or Watchdogs, but FC4 at least runs with everything high/max on my ~4 year old rig with a GF660, so that one at least seemed like a pretty decent PC version.

Did you get it at launch day? Because it didn't run very well. Ten patches later it's finally good, though patch #9 completely broke the PC version in that it would no longer save anyone's progress. "Why would a PC version need manual saves? A single save point is perfectly fine."

(Case in point, in my last game I'm stuck in Shangri La. It keeps crashing at the same point every single time, and since I have no save game to revert back to, I'm basically screwed. I could start over, of course, but being ~ 70% in already I don't really have much motivation.)

Given how bloody bitter everyone on this site has been for the last years, not shitting on something probably singles me out as a shill; or worse, someone that actually enjoys recent games.

Oh wow, we haven't heard that rhetoric befo...zzzzzzz.

News Comments > Ubisoft Teasing Something; Maybe Far Cry Primal?
18. Re: Ubisoft Teasing Something; Maybe Far Cry Primal? Oct 6, 2015, 11:48 Creston

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 22:41:
Said in a really small voice "Silent Hunter 6!"

Haha. Somewhere at Ubisoft, a lead designer just got a giant exclamation mark over his head.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Specs; No Microtransaction Plans
14. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Specs; No Microtransaction Plans Oct 6, 2015, 11:43 Creston

This game is so awesome, it's optimized for Windows XI!

News Comments > Morning Interviews
11. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 6, 2015, 10:51 Creston

Can I just say that I really don't need a game that's far, far bigger than the Witcher 3? Witcher 3 is plenty huge already, both land mass size and content wise.

Please don't go overboard and make it too large. Instead, make the quests more reactive, more involved. Have diverging paths.

17. Re: No SC Retraction from The Escapist Oct 6, 2015, 10:49 Creston

El Pit wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 10:10:
No, a Hollywood movie based on this! Written, produced, and directed by Chris Roberts. Starring: Chris Roberts as The Chairman. Featuring an empty chair and Clint Eastwood pointing at and talking about it.

That's still more content than this 'game' has...

16. Re: No SC Retraction from The Escapist Oct 6, 2015, 10:48 Creston

Cutter wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 10:04:
Good on them! Stand your ground, CIG has nothing.

To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Macbeth Act 5, scene 5, 19–28

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow...
You're only a day away.

- Little Orphan Annie.

What?

15. Re: No SC Retraction from The Escapist Oct 6, 2015, 10:46 Creston

And now CR is stuck. Either he sues, and loses monstrous chunks of whatever cash he has left to his laywers, or he backs down and shows he's all bark and no bite, and he was just trying to bully a damning article away.

So yeah... well played, I guess?

26530 Comments. 1327 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo