Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 22091 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
15. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 10, 2014, 11:18 Creston

Task wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 09:45:
The original was just a one-shot title, back in the land before time, without micro-transactions.

They made two, actually.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
14. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 10, 2014, 11:16 Creston

Molyeneueueueuueuuzuxxuxuxu may be a dipshit, but he's right about the Dungeon Keeper revamp.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
12. Re: Morning Screenshots Feb 10, 2014, 11:14 Creston

Task wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 10:35:
I'm sick of the F2P model in games, I really am, I hope it dies out completely in the game industry.

Yeah, because it really sucked when I felt like playing GW2 again after 15 months, logged back in and everything was there. I picked right up where I'd left off, all without paying a dime.

Just because most MMOs make a mess of either being F2P or going F2P doesn't mean the model somehow doesn't work if done well.

News Comments > Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever)
16. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 11:09 Creston

In other words: FUCK YOU VERY MUCH for buying our game! Buy some DLC!

"We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused for some of you, and want to thank you for having been patient."

Also, FUCK YOU.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 9, 2014, 12:17 Creston

October 2015: The time when US credit card companies finally take the one simple step against credit card fraud that the rest of the world implemented approximately TWENTY FUCKING YEARS AGO.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
4. Re: Sunday Mobilization Feb 9, 2014, 12:15 Creston

Quboid wrote on Feb 9, 2014, 12:00:
Flappy Bird creator says he wants more publicity, creates artificial demand by threatening to pull his app so people rush to download it.

Yep.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2014, 11:26 Creston

Hoop wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 14:53:
With all the cost involved & shear waste post games I predict in the future a ballot will be held to find & force a nation to hold a Summer or Winter Olympics.

No, there will still be countries that want to host it, because there are countries that are actually capable of making money off of it. The USA is a pretty good example, as they usually wind up in the black.

It's just going to be the really really big economies that will wind up hosting it every time, and apparently that's wrong or something. Much better to force a country that's already teetering on the verge of bankruptcy to spend billions and billions of dollars on stadiums and infrastructure that becomes completely utterly worthless after the games are done.

I'm sure all the people in Greece are absolutely THRILLED to have all these abandoned venues in and near Athens.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
36. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 9, 2014, 11:21 Creston

Cutter wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 19:04:
Still, even in that case I don't understand why he couldn't just shoot the guy in the leg or something and leave him with a limp. There's no reason to fire center mass if your life isn't in immediate peril.

Blame the law for that. I read this somewhere not too long ago.

1) If you believe your life is in danger and so you shoot someone to preserve your own life, and yet you shoot a guy in the leg, the judge/jury will throw out the "I thought my life was in danger argument."

Because in their minds, if you're genuinely worried for your life, you're not going to be aiming for the leg.

2) And apparently, the "Well, I didn't want to kill him, I just wanted to stop him!" (aka the Obi-Wan argument) thing doesn't hold in a court of law either. Shooting a man in the leg is still going to be tried as attempted murder.

So if you're going to shoot someone, the best course of action for you, as the shooter, viewed from a legal standpoint, is to fucking kill your target.

It's insane, but there you go.

News Comments > Dying Light Tease
22. Re: Dying Light Tease Feb 9, 2014, 11:09 Creston

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 20:03:
Linksil wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 17:36:
I didn't realize this game was so close to release.

Wow feb 11th? Dead Island 1.5 is almost here!

I will probably get this on sale at some point, 9.99 or less.

I don't think it means that the game's coming out on feb 11th... It's just one of those announcement about an announcement things that everyone in the game industry now seems to think is the bomb's tits.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Feb 9, 2014, 11:06 Creston

Speaking of Archer, realllly enjoying season 5 so far. The Vice idea was brilliant.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash
17. Re: Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash Feb 8, 2014, 15:01 Creston

ItBurn wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 13:53:
Why are you guys being so nice? Take the article, switch "Pillars of Eternity" to "Star Citizen" and watch the flames.

Right, because Pillars is still adding stretch goals and bringing in money and adding entire teams etc etc etc. It's TOTALLY the same thing!

16. Re: Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash Feb 8, 2014, 15:00 Creston

Cutter wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 12:27:
My bone of contention is these KS' should be coming out with their original plan on schedule and the stretch goals as DLC/expansion stuff later on like Shadowrun is doing with the Berlin campaign. Most of these games all have editors and claim to be iterative enough to warrant several playthroughs so there's no reason not to do it that way.

There's some merit to that, but how would that work in a game like this? They just design a small little world with a story set in it, then add non-related areas later?

I'd much rather they integrate everything at the start.

10. Re: Dying Light Tease Feb 8, 2014, 14:56 Creston

nin wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 12:02:
Creston wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 11:38:
Really? I think it looks great. I'm definitely interested in this.

Everything I've seen looks like Dead Island all over again...

Getting a little stale...

It probably helps that I haven't played Dead Island

2. Re: Dying Light Tease Feb 8, 2014, 11:38 Creston

Really? I think it looks great. I'm definitely interested in this.  

4. Re: Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash Feb 8, 2014, 11:34 Creston

They had already said this multiple times, even when the KS was still going.

PLEASE take your time.

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Feb 8, 2014, 02:56 Creston

saluk wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 02:28:
The MMO audience is a finicky, fickle one; but it is also quite a lot larger than the single player rpg audience.

Is it really? I kinda doubt that, tbh. Maybe WoW, but no other MMO ever sold near what Skyrim did.

All of that said... how often do really good (on paper) business decisions produce great games?

I'm gonna go with just about never.

And implementation has been a disaster from most accounts. So, nice try Bethesda. Get back to what you are good at.

To be fair, it's not Bethesda doing this. Not the Skyrim guys. Completely new studio who apparently had never played a single ES game before, as evidenced by their "People want to read books in the game???" comments.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. GTA+Ramp+Cargo Plane Feb 8, 2014, 00:56 Creston

Fuck and yes.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Feb 7, 2014, 18:28 Creston

Also, as much as I agree with everything Ben is saying, he's forgetting one major part: Mods.

Mods are what have been making the Elder Scrolls so enormously successful on the PC since Morrowind.

Will there be mods in ESO? Why no, of course there won't.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Feb 7, 2014, 18:24 Creston

I think my favorite part about ESO so far is their defense of the monthly fee "We want players to have access to everything! We don't want to put a paywall in front of anything!"

And then they, in essence, put a paywall in front of the Imperial class.

Ergo, Latin, their protestations are bullshit, they want a monthly fee because MONEY. And that's all this is. A blatant money grab off a successful IP.

News Comments > Space Pirates and Zombies 2 Announced
10. SPAZ? Feb 7, 2014, 14:05 Creston

Was the first one any good? Several peeps seemed to like it, but what about it was good?  

22091 Comments. 1105 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo