Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 22086 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2014, 14:45 Creston

Sheesh, and here I thought only Cubs fans gave up on their season after 10 games. :p

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Premium Beta
20. Re: Elite Dangerous Premium Beta Apr 10, 2014, 14:40 Creston

dj LiTh wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 11:39:
Awesome, very much looking forward to this. Speakin of space sims, when is StarCitizen suppose to release that Christmas delayed dogfight demo?

Pax East, which is this weekend?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 10, 2014, 11:13 Creston

Comcast can't have it both ways. It can't say that the existence of competition among distributors including Time Warner Cable was a reason to approve the NBC deal in 2010 and then turn around a few years later and say that the absence of competition with Time Warner Cable is a reason to approve this deal.

Comcast: "Oh, Senator Franken, of course we can have it both ways. Here's another donation of $12 million to your re-election campaign."

The FCC will analyze whether the transaction serves the public interest,

Typo there, Ars. It should be: The FCC will analyze whether the transaction serves the CORPORATE interest,

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Apr 10, 2014, 11:05 Creston

His article can basically be summarized as : "Well, these issues we have do exist, but they are very minor. Instead, look at all these other problems in other types of games!"

It's simple misdirection. His pathetic bash of Kickstarter just makes him seem desperate to draw attention anywhere else besides "his" medium.

It's also a couple of big name games that give most of the F2P games a bad name. Dungeon Keeper comes to mind, as does that abomination of a Star Trek game, and more games are employing the "Well, you CAN play without paying, but be prepared to wait 72000 hours before something can be built" mechanic that the two aforementioned games champion, and is pretty big in Candy Crush.

In general, there is nothing inherently worse about F2P versus the "normal" gaming environment, and it does come with a huge bonus in that you can literally try it before you buy anything.

Mikus_Aurelius wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 10:48:
The only widely held complaint he refutes is the exploitation of kids, to which his answer is: the government only found $32million worth.

He also says that "even IF you take the bigger number from EEDAR" (as if doing so is somehow this massively evil thing to do), that it's "only 2.4% of all customers that had this issue." and then wipes it away as if it's nothing.

I'd say that if your industry is duping children to the tune of 2.4% of your total customer base (and let's be honest, that's what was reported, and likely nowhere near the entire total), that that is a SERIOUS FUCKING PROBLEM.

"But hey, look, EA is a shitty publisher, so what I do doesn't matter!"

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Linux Beta Next Week; Playthrough ~50 Hours
2. Re: Wasteland 2 Linux Beta Next Week; Playthrough ~50 Hours Apr 10, 2014, 10:55 Creston

Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 10:38:
2 years next week. Hurry up and finish it already!

No, actually, please take your time and make sure it's definitely ready to be released.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Premium Beta
6. Re: Elite Dangerous Premium Beta Apr 10, 2014, 10:54 Creston

These guys are MOVING.

I'm a bit confused how you're ready to go to Beta, though, but are still planning on having an Alpha... Must be some crazy British thing

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2014, 14:45 Creston

nin wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 14:35:
Damn! cookieclicker just got a nice upgrade.

Dangit, five days after I got bored with it, and used some funky code to do a x5000000 frenzy combined with a x99999 clicking frenzy. I like that they've just started calling them by names though. Much easier to see "septillion" cookies than try to count just how many freaking numbers there are on the screen.

Also, OMG, turn your cookies into cash!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 9, 2014, 14:39 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 13:31:
Creston wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 11:54:
"Microsoft won't sell us off. At least I hope not, because then we'd actually have to make money on our own, rather than mooching off Office.

"Please don't sell us... please?"

You need to hope that XBox doesn't fail and leave Sony as the only viable console.

How would Xbox fail as long it's part of Microsoft? All the billions of dollars they lose in that division amounts to chump change they find in the cafeteria couch in the Office building.

If it ever gets sold and has to stand on its own, THEN it gets interesting. Because then they can't just outright buy developers anymore, and would actually have to focus on producing stuff that people want.

It'd be nice to see it happen, just to watch the arrogance bleed away.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Requires Uplay
42. Re: Twice the services, twice the fun? Apr 9, 2014, 12:43 Creston

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 06:33:
Blizzard is different as it doesn't sell games through other stores (Steam, Origin, GMG, etc) and because it isn't done for anti-consumer reasons.

How is Blizzard not putting their games on ANY digital platform somehow better than EA just not putting their games on Steam?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 9, 2014, 11:54 Creston

"Microsoft won't sell us off. At least I hope not, because then we'd actually have to make money on our own, rather than mooching off Office.

"Please don't sell us... please?"

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 9, 2014, 11:44 Creston

Congrats Comcast. May you win a thousand more years in a row. Miserable shitbags.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed
14. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed Apr 9, 2014, 11:39 Creston

Beamer wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 10:42:
Tim Collins wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 10:03:
Borderlands is played out, they should really think of some new games.

given how many times people here demanded to go to the moon base, I'd say there's a lot of demand for this particular product. Especially if Randy is right and its value priced.

True, but we wanted to go to the moonbase to blow it the hell up. Not to go there and be Jack's stoolie.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2014, 02:16 Creston

Redmask wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 22:09:
You've got movies like Inception is sitting above films like Double Indemnity and Yojimbo.

And? All three of them are excellent movies, so then it just comes down to:

1) Taste/Personal preference.
2) The fact that quite a few of IMDB's voters have probably never seen DI or Yojimbo.

I'd have shared your grievance if Tootsie was sitting in Inception's place. Or Big Momma's House. Or anything with the words "Tyler Perry" in it. But Inception is a fantastic movie.

PS: Fun fact: For the longest, longest, LONGEST time, the Academy, as in the shriveled up fucking zombies who decide who wins Oscars each year, thought Tootsie was the funniest movie of all time.

OF ALL TIME.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 9, 2014, 02:10 Creston

Most people probably don't even know what Monsanto is or does, so I would expect Comcast to win this handily.

News Comments > The Crew This Fall
6. Re: The Crew This Fall Apr 9, 2014, 01:54 Creston

nin wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 20:41:
Microtransactions + dropping you to the title screen when you lose internet connectivity = fuck you fuck you fuck you

Well, that's one game I don't have to buy this year.

On a side note, one thing I always found funny is how it's this "recreation of the United States", and yet there's somehow a massive mountain range basically smack in the middle of North Dakota. o_O

News Comments > Fortnite Alpha Signups
13. Re: Fortnite Alpha Signups Apr 8, 2014, 23:04 Creston

It's a shooter now? I thought it was supposed to be Minecraft? (Edit: Ah okay, Agent.X7 has explained it a bit. Thanks man!)

And it's just in alpha?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 8, 2014, 22:17 Creston

I'm still interested in the crew, but if it runs @ 30fps on the PC I'm definitely passing. That's just terrible.

Why gimp your game for the sake of the shitty xbone?

News Comments > Outcast Reboot HD Kickstarter
8. Re: Outcast Reboot HD Kickstarter Apr 8, 2014, 16:22 Creston

No voxels means I will probably be interested.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2014, 15:55 Creston

A new Star Trek series is not likely to happen any time soon. (FUCK YOU CBS)

CBS has kept saying that they had no interest in a new Star Trek TV show, because of the glut of post-TNG Star Trek as well as who the fuck knows... REASONS. Apparently making money isn't a concern of theirs. They also say that they're happy with the attention the movies are getting, which is crazy since, as I understand it, the movie rights (and thus money made off of it) goes to Paramount.

Star Trek's 50th anniversary is coming up in 2016, and trust CBS to just not do shit about it, because they're totally utterly worthless. But hey, I hear they did greenlight CSI Poughkeepsie.

News Comments > Outcast Reboot HD Kickstarter
5. Re: Outcast Reboot HD Kickstarter Apr 8, 2014, 12:00 Creston

Are you guys going to use those dumbass voxels again?  

22086 Comments. 1105 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo