Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 25339 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
34. Re: Mad Max Trailer Apr 24, 2015, 11:56 Creston

While I understand people's concerns about the AC style of fighting, I'm kind of wondering how else you'd imagine a game fight going? If every enemy attacked you at once, you'd get the wonderful Gothic 3 infinite-stunlock-to-death thing going.

I don't have a problem with the "they attack one at a time" thing, as long as those attacks are varied enough that it's not just "Hit X to counter kill" to defeat all of them.

I thought Sleeping Dogs did a very good job in that aspect. Lots of different moves for you to work with, and several different counters and strategies needed for different enemies.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month
10. Re: Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month Apr 24, 2015, 11:52 Creston

Linksil wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 10:47:
Spending the money on a HOTAS is one of the reasons I haven't bothered picking this up yet. That and already having quiet a few extras plugged into the computer already... I need to almost build a second desk just to hold the addons.

You know you're a PC Gamer when...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2015, 11:48 Creston

Huh, I had no idea. Thanks, Blue!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2015, 11:46 Creston

nin wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 11:26:
Another good pet adoption story:

Dog Who Interrupted MotoGP Practice Session Has Found A Loving Home

I actually drove a hundred miles a couple of weekends ago to adopt a new pet. She's two or three, and extremely even tempered and loving. It baffles me why someone didn't want her around. But their loss is my gain!

ADOPT, PEOPLE!

Amen. We have two dogs and a cat that we've adopted, and we're thinking about adopting two more puppies in a few years when our current dogs are in their senior years.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2015, 11:46 Creston

Also, hint to airline captains: If you're diving 20000 feet because you're worried about a loss of cabin pressure, ANNOUNCE THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE DOING! That way the people on board your plane don't think they are plummeting to their deaths and pass out from fear.

This really doesn't seem that hard to frikkin' comprehend.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2015, 11:41 Creston

Smoke detectors have an expiration date...?

How do I find out what that date is? Is it on the unit somewhere?

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 2015, 11:46.

News Comments > etc.
1. First paid mod pulled Apr 24, 2015, 11:40 Creston

Well, it didn't take long for that to start blowing the fuck up.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 24, 2015, 11:34 Creston

Fuck you, Comcast.

31. Re: Mad Max Trailer Apr 23, 2015, 22:43 Creston

Btw, I can't remember, this is single player, right?

It looks very good.

28. Re: Mad Max Trailer Apr 23, 2015, 18:26 Creston

I doubt it'll be like Just Cause. They're looking to go for a more serious vibe with this.

But even so, the engine that runs Just Cause 2 is fucking phenomenal, and it had plenty of things to do, so where that's concerned this game should be fine.

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
54. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 18:25 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 18:03:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 17:51:
Creston wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 17:36:
Wouldn't 99.99999% of all games prohibit a modder charging for his/her mods to begin with?

That's the big question. Hell even Blizzard went after UI mod makers who were charging money.

Third time I'm answering this, lol... BETHESDA IS IN ON IT. Any other game that supports selling mods through the Workshop will also involve the developer/publisher consenting to it and taking a cut of the proceeds. They even get the final say on what the price will be and how much the modder receives, as per the the Revenue Sharing terms:

If your Contribution is distributed for a fee (whether in-Application or via the Steam Workshop), you may be entitled to receive a portion of the Adjusted Gross Revenue (as defined below) that is collected for the Contribution. The percentage of Adjusted Gross Revenue that you are entitled to receive will be determined by the developer/publisher of the Application associated with the Workshop to which you have submitted your Contribution (“Publisher”), and will be described on the applicable Workshop page.

The Publisher will have the ultimate discretion to determine the suggested retail price for your Contribution. In the case of Contributions distributed directly via the Steam Workshop, Valve and/or the Publisher may choose to offer you price categories from which you can choose a suggested retail price for your Contribution.

Thanks for digging that up.

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
46. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 17:36 Creston

Wouldn't 99.99999% of all games prohibit a modder charging for his/her mods to begin with?  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 23, 2015, 10:56 Creston

Redmask wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 07:23:
Sorry to interrupt your circle jerk but you guys know that much of the time the promo material comes from the developer directly and that its largely clueless marketing people who are put in charge of releasing it, right? I think the Xbox One is a giant piece of shit but I doubt there was any conspiracy to deceive anyone here, just stupidity.

Not even marketoids are illiterate. Well, most of them aren't, anyway. The letters PC Footage and Xbox One Footage don't really look very much alike...

News Comments > Lost GTA5 Accounts Restoration Within 24 Hours
5. Re: Lost GTA5 Accounts Restoration Within 24 Hours Apr 23, 2015, 10:49 Creston

Note they will also hang up on you within 24 seconds.  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 23, 2015, 01:32 Creston

Lucky wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 13:57:
Off topic but is there ever going to be a more mobile friendly version of Blues news put out at some point? It's getting harder for me to view this site on my phone (I do 90% of my browsing on mobile these days as I commute) going from good mobile designed sites to this one is quite jarring.

Here's how to make it happen:

1) Request Blue make a mobile version of the site.
2) Click on one of the Amazon links on the side. (You do have ads enabled for Bluesnews, right?)
3) Buy ~ $1000000 worth of merchandise, so Blue gets (I'm purely guessing here) $10K kickback.
4a) Watch Blue build a mobile site with his newly found money.
or
4b) Watch Blue post about his glorious, brand-new, carbon fiber manstovia.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trilogy Announced
14. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trilogy Announced Apr 23, 2015, 01:28 Creston

Darks wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 20:01:
This looks like it could really be good. Cant ever go wrong with an RTS Total War War-hammer game.

I wish it had been a 40K game again though. I think the 40K universe is roughly 40000 times cooler than their generic ho-hum "high fantasy" universe.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 22, 2015, 22:11 Creston

"We apologize for deliberately lying to you and pretending that our underpowered Failbox, the all-in-one games and digital and (holy shit are we really making people type this shit out all the fucking time) system from Microsoft, could actually look like this and run at anything more than 2 fps.

Really, we're just lying. It's not confusion or anything on our part, it's just pure, blatant lies. If it wasn't for you eagle-eyed meddling fuckers, we'd have gotten away with it too.

Btw, Witcher 3 will run at 12 fps at 640i on our shitty box."

News Comments > GTA5 Account Loss Follow-ups
13. Re: GTA5 Account Loss Follow-ups Apr 22, 2015, 22:06 Creston

That's some quality customer service there.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
12. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 22, 2015, 15:03 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 22:56:
Serious question.
The ECU of the car (the brains I believe) is what they are talking about correct? And people are altering the car by reprogramming the ECU, or replacing it with a non-factory one correct? I'm all for tinkering and messing with things, but how much damage could be done with people messing them up? And I'm not talking about just the driver, I'm talking about other people out on the roads?

Not all that much in the sense that it would be dangerous or anything. You could potentially brick the ECU and your car simply wouldn't work, or you could badly affect your electronics to the point of them failing or something, but it's not as if tuning an ECU would suddenly cause your car to accelerate to 140mph and then slam on the brakes in the middle of rush hour. It either works or it doesn't. Realistically the worst thing you do to the ECU is fuck up the emissions control or economy.

This is just whining by piece of shit car manufacturers that are trying to wring every last fucking penny possible out of their customers.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2015, 14:58 Creston

Necrophob wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 09:31:
Happy Earth Day, Earth! You don't look a day over 4 billion.

Haha, bravo.

25339 Comments. 1267 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo