Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 25344 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Dying Light Steam Preloads
17. Re: Dying Light Steam Preloads Jan 26, 2015, 11:22 Creston

harlock wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 20:05:
i was watching the twitch stream and the first person melee in this (vs humans) looks pretty damn well done

yeh im a bit excited for this game, which snuck up on me

Are you gonna get it day one, harlock?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2015, 11:19 Creston

I remember the last time they were predicting massive snow in Oklahoma. They started at 2", then it went to 4", then 8", and several days later they were basically on TV screaming "IT'LL BE A NEW ICE AGE! WE'RE ALL GOING TO BE BURIED UNDER MOUNTAINS OF SNOW AND ICE! SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR LOVED ONES!"

We got roughly 0.000001 inches. It was amusing to see the weather guys come back that next night and look pretty sheepish.

In any case, hope you don't get buried under a glacier, Blue!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 26, 2015, 11:17 Creston

wtf_man wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 10:01:
Hands-on With Windows 10ís Preview Build 9926...

I've been playing with Windows Server(10) and may go that route for my next OS, in a Workstation capacity.

~ There's no Metro Tiles or Apps. (So Far)
~ There's no Bing Search (IE is locked down as usual... probably would install FF anyway)
~ There's no Stupid Cortana
~ There's no Sky Drive Cloud shit
~ There's no trying to force people to logon with a live account out of the box.

Seeing how some folks have used 2008 R2 and 2012 R2 successfully for their gaming rigs... I don't see why the new Server OS wouldn't work.

You know, I never even thought about that. Isn't Server more performance hungry, though?

News Comments > Gearbox Recruiting for "Next Borderlands"
3. Re: Gearbox Recruiting for Jan 26, 2015, 11:15 Creston

Gearbox, please shake up the character formula a bit. Give characters 3 actions skills, rather than one, for example. Make it a bit different.

Other than that, excited to see what they're doing next. I got plenty of great enjoyment out of BL2.

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collection Next Month
14. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Next Month Jan 26, 2015, 11:14 Creston

Hmmm, it looks nicer, but honestly nowhere near as nice as I was expecting/hoping. I guess they wanted to make sure to keep the art style, but I really wanted it to look just eye-poppingly brilliant.

I'll still pick it up, IF the price is right. But seeing how long Gearbox worked on this, I'm worried this is going to cost $40 at minimum.

News Comments > The Bard's Tale IV Announced
29. Re: The Bard's Tale IV Announced Jan 25, 2015, 22:48 Creston

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 11:32:
Can anyone say where Skara Brae originated? I find it strange that this is a significant location in Ultima and Bard's Tale. I assume it originated in Bard's Tale as Lord British pretty much just took everything he was interested in at the time and jammed it into Ultima.

It's an old (pre-historic?) village in Scotland.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2015, 22:13 Creston

Redmask wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 09:01:
'Miata'

'Are you gay?'

My brother drives one, hes married and inherited the car but gets that from everyone at work.

Does he get called gay because he calls it a Miata, or gay because he owns one? If the first, they're idiots, because it's called an MX5 in Europe/Asia and a Miata here.

If it's the second one they're even more crazy, as a Miata is an awesomely fun car to drive. It's probably the absolute best cheap track car you can get for pure fun in driving.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch
10. Re: Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch Jan 24, 2015, 22:07 Creston

"Money is really not important to us. Here's another Limited Ship Sale."

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong $1M Mini-Campaign Goal
7. Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong $1M Mini-Campaign Goal Jan 24, 2015, 22:07 Creston

I like the idea of a mini-campaign that you can actually take your character into.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2015, 01:37 Creston

theglaze wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 14:42:
Put me down in the MX5 realm of cars: lightweight, short wheelbase, manual transmission, crazy grip with sticky tyres, and a small but competent engine that reminds you on every shift that you're in a driver's sports car.

No engine sound emulation required, and you can leave the batteries at home.

The answer is always Miata

21. Re: The rise of fake engine noise Jan 24, 2015, 01:35 Creston

1badmf wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 18:05:
your mocking tone wont shake my faith in hyundai power!

The sight of my tailpipes probably will.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
13. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 24, 2015, 01:33 Creston

harlock wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 21:32:
also, desktop PCs are dead

Totally dead. Just as dead as PC gaming.

I've been pretty happy with my Kickstarted games, some have been good, a few have been great, none of them would have been made without Kickstarter, but I really don't see all games being made through KS'er. Star Citizen is an absurd anomaly.

Also, I'd rather never game again than Kickstart a game by EA or Activision or Ubisoft and their ilk.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Grey Goo
9. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Grey Goo Jan 24, 2015, 01:18 Creston

I gotta admit it looks really good, but is it really only 5 missions per faction?  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 23, 2015, 23:05 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 20:33:
Amazon Prime (One Year Membership) on sale tomorrow for $72.00.

Mine just re-upped in Dec, wonder if I can add to it....such a great service. Not sure how high it has to go for me to stop using it. The shipping alone is HUGE for my family.

Same. I'd jump all over the 72 bucks, but I doubt it's a rolling tally...

15. Re: The rise of fake engine noise Jan 23, 2015, 17:51 Creston

1badmf wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 16:10:
ooh '15 mustang nice. which one? the ecoboost 4 cylinder turbo? i almost got that but to upgrade to a leather interior was too much of a kick in the pants. i'm gettin a hyundai genesis coupe instead.

Yeah, I got the ecoboost. I debated the GT, but it gets such poor mileage that I'd have to go get gas like every three days, and that would have driven me nuts.

I did get the premium pack, it came with enough stuff that I felt it was worth the substantial price increase. It's an awesome car, can't say enough good things about it. Solid, fun, gorgeous to look at, plenty of power (310 hp / 320 lb-ft torgue is more than enough for daily driving) handles perfectly, seats are the best I've ever had in a car. Just excellent car.

It IS a bit of a rougher ride (18" rims don't help, of course) than I was expecting, and the fact that it has two rear seats is just hilarious. Not even an 8 year old could sit behind me, and I actually tested that!

All in all, easily worth the money, imo. Nothing wrong with a Genesis Coupe, though.

News Comments > Roberts: Star Citizen Will "Probably" Pass $100M; Release Schedule Expanded
69. Re: Roberts: Star Citizen Will Jan 23, 2015, 13:47 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 12:13:
For those of you with the 970
Shit hits the fan
I am glad I did not get one yet.

Hmmm, interesting. I should test that. In any case, I would imagine a driver update could fix that. (Or at least, I really effing hope so...)

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2015, 11:33 Creston

killer_roach wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 02:36:
Creston wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 17:53:
Changing the grass affects both teams, but from what I've been reading, it almost seems both offenses in an NFL game use separate sets of game balls?

True, although certain circumstances could advantage one team more than another, either by acclimation to that environment or by wiping out a natural advantage another team has (living in Cleveland about a decade ago, it was pretty common to see the Jacobs Field groundskeeping crew pretty much soak the infield dirt before a game against the Royals or the Twins, knowing full well that those were teams that tended to steal a lot of bases - turning the basepaths to mud would make playing small ball nigh on impossible).

Yeah, it's still not 100% fair, but at least they'd have to try to steal on the same muddy basepaths too.

In this case, what's stopping Brady from just putting a fucking homing signal in a ball, that automatically sends it to a receiver's glove?

If they use separate sets of game balls, and the Patriots' were not according to standard, that's simply cheating. There is just no other word for it.

The NFL should force Brady to throw a 20 pound brick during the superbowl.

News Comments > Void Destroyer Released
8. Re: Void Destroyer Released Jan 23, 2015, 11:25 Creston

It looks quite pretty, and it's only 15 bucks. I'll pick it up next month when I have entertainment money again.  

News Comments > RONIN Announced
11. Re: RONIN Announced Jan 23, 2015, 11:20 Creston

Xil wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 08:12:
I am the only one who though of cool car chases when seeing that title ?

Nope. There better be a cool car chase.

5. The rise of fake engine noise Jan 23, 2015, 11:15 Creston

This has been around for awhile, actually. BMW has been pumping in fake engine noise for years.

It's partially understandable. People keep wanting quieter cars, so manufacturers put in more sound-deadening material, but the flipside of that is that you can't really hear the engine anymore either (unless you're in a mid-engined supercar and it's right behind your ear!)

So I don't mind them pumping in the engine noise through the speakers if you put it in say Sport mode, or Track mode, but the fake noise is kinda stupid. Then again, my '15 Mustang does it too. There was a video of a guy using the "sound chip" from the Mustang to actually play like the Star Spangled Banner. It's not as if you even really notice it.

Ah well, ten years from now we won't even have engine noise anymore.

also, Conan and Archer is brilliant.

25344 Comments. 1268 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo