Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 24510 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 6, 2014, 21:25 Creston

Redmask wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 16:48:
The NSA is probably slapping each other on the back over this one too.

So, so true.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Evening Previews Nov 6, 2014, 21:15 Creston

I think it is good they fight piracy, but Denuvo is very hard DRM and some people can have crashes or another issues like in Lords of the Fallen.

Fantastic. Apparently selling 40 million copies wasn't enough that they felt they could just use Steamworks and not fuck PC players over? From Denuvo's website: Denuvo Anti-tamper and SecuROM can be ordered through our close partnership with Sony DADC.

Sony DADC? Oh, we remember that one. The fun rootkit one that NEVER uninstalled.

Source:

Interestingly enough, Lords of the Fallen players are reporting plenty of in-game bugs in addition to instability and crashes that are largely attributed to the new DRM system. Developer CI Games is currently working on a patch that should thwart all those problems.

**IF** true, I've gone from terribly excited to "whatever, the Witcher 3 will be out a few weeks later. Choke on your fucking DRM."

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 2014, 21:23.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS
41. Re: Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS Nov 6, 2014, 16:22 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 16:03:
Kosumo wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 16:00:
Last I seen, they wanted USD$75 for this on steam. Wtf What is the price for those in the US of A?
I know you shouldn't have to do this but can you VPN your way to the US steam web page in your browser and buy it for the regular price?
I mean would your Steam account be flagged for such a thing?

Yes, they will. Don't risk it, unless you do it with a completely new account and are willing to lose 50 bucks.

They're lenient on the VPN early unlock thing (so far), but they come down like a bag of hammers on that particular functionality of VPN (since if they let it slide, everyone would just VPN buy all their games from Steam Russia.)

40. Re: Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS Nov 6, 2014, 16:20 Creston

Verno wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 16:01:
Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 15:56:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 15:14:
Can't wait for this. I got a free copy of Far Cry 4 and Assassin's Creed: Unity with my new graphics cards (GTX 970s) and they should be a good test of my rig.

You got both?? Holy shit. What card did you buy? (I know, GTX970, but what manufacturer?)

Nvidia pick your path promotion is going on right now. If you bought a card before the beginning date (Nov 4) then you can contact your retailer and try your luck. Newegg honored my request and gave me a code. If you ordered 2 cards you can probably get 2 codes.

Oh, duh, I didn't realize he said cardS as in plural. Thanks for the linkies anyway.

30. Re: Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS Nov 6, 2014, 15:56 Creston

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 15:14:
Can't wait for this. I got a free copy of Far Cry 4 and Assassin's Creed: Unity with my new graphics cards (GTX 970s) and they should be a good test of my rig.

You got both?? Holy shit. What card did you buy? (I know, GTX970, but what manufacturer?)

News Comments > The Witcher III Free DLC Plans
9. Re: The Witcher III Free DLC Plans Nov 6, 2014, 14:29 Creston

Task wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 14:23:
Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 14:17:
<3 you guys. Buying Witcher 3 day one, and if you have any special/pricier editions, I'll buy that one.

Witcher 3 Collector's Edition (Amazon)
Witcher 3 Collector's Edition (GameStop)

Thank you, sir!

11. Re: Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS Nov 6, 2014, 14:17 Creston

Yay 64 bit!  

News Comments > The Witcher III Free DLC Plans
4. Re: The Witcher III Free DLC Plans Nov 6, 2014, 14:17 Creston

<3 you guys. Buying Witcher 3 day one, and if you have any special/pricier editions, I'll buy that one.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
9. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 6, 2014, 13:10 Creston

NKD wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 10:27:
Verno wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 10:23:
Fair point.

They are horrendously underpaid though. According to the Googles, $8000 for the three month season. Given the danger involved, fuck. that.

They don't live in the US. 8000 bucks is quite a bit of money in Nepal. It's probably still not worth it for what they have to put up with, but it's not as bad as it looks.

As for this horseshit stunt, this is why marketing departments need to just unilaterally be set on fucking fire.

News Comments > The Crew Season Pass Details
1. Re: The Crew Season Pass Details Nov 6, 2014, 13:07 Creston

What's the point of having car packs when according to people who played the beta, every car drives like you're on a sheet of ice anyway?

BUY THE SEASON PASS NOW! Only 25 bucks. That's a savings of THREE WHOLE DOLLARS versus buying them individually!!!

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
30. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Nov 6, 2014, 00:17 Creston

Paranoid Jack wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 22:26:
Creston wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 01:18:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 00:56:
I must be crazy. I'm looking forward to this. I have yet to finish half a dozen games which I've been juggling over the past few months yet I'm planning on picking this one up on day one.

Has anyone else not had any luck with Dragon Age Keep? I logged in and it has my info from the first two games but I wanted to alter the Tapestry. Tried several times to change and lock in choices only to have error after error occur. Am I just cursed?

It's worked fine for me... From what I've read on the forum, either try a different browser, or log out, clear out your cache, then log back in. Any particular kind of error you're getting?

These are the errors I am getting.

Line: 7
Error: Script error for: app/template/account-check/personas.html
http://requirejs.org/docs/errors.html#scripterror

It wants to open an HTML debugger but I don't know much about site scripting so I just close it and try to log in again. It will usually take after a try or two, log me in, then I get this error while trying to view the Tapestry.

"Oops, an error occurred Sorry, something went wrong. Please try viewing the Interactive Story Summary later."

Are you running NoScript or something? It sounds like it may be an add-on that's blocking something... Try reinstalling a newer version of Java. I'd also definitely try with a different browser (heck, maybe even vanilla IE.)

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 5, 2014, 20:26 Creston

NKD wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 19:47:
My TV is a Sony LCD I picked out specifically for its extremely low input lag, but if I didn't play as many games on it, I probably would have picked up a new plasma instead. Good plasmas had incredible contrast and out of the box color for a really low price at a given size.

Never really liked plasmas for gaming though.

Why not for gaming? My plasma looks great for games, though admittedly I've only played Decrepit Gen consoles on it...

Sad that plasma is on the way out. LCD, LED, OLED, LCOS etc, they still don't look as good.

News Comments > Fallout: Shadow of Boston TM a Hoax
7. Re: Fallout: Shadow of Boston TM a Hoax Nov 5, 2014, 20:24 Creston

Darks wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 20:06:
Prez wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 19:50:
Crying

The greatest way to try and defuse a rumor is to deny it even existed. Thrust me, there's a Fallout in the works, you can count on it.

Not only that, but it's been rumored multiple times that it'll be set in Boston. I still think this trademark was legit, and they're just doing the typical "Publisher Denies Things Until They Stop Denying Them" shuffle.

News Comments > Fallout: Shadow of Boston TM a Hoax
6. Re: Fallout: Shadow of Boston TM a Hoax Nov 5, 2014, 20:23 Creston

NKD wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 20:00:
Prez wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 19:50:
Crying

Now now, no need to be upset. Boston is a fucking awful setting anyway. Can you imagine having to listen to THAT ACCENT for 20-30 hours? Holy fuck I'd kill myself. Of course it could be they still set it in Boston but the name is just wrong... ugh..

OWAH ACCENT IS BETTAH THAN YOUAH ACCENT! YOU FAAAAHK!

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Evening Previews Nov 5, 2014, 20:05 Creston

vehicles from the GTA Online updates now form part of the ambient vehicle population in the new-generation version for increased traffic diversity.

YES! I love the new vehicles they keep adding, but the fact that only you ever have them (and you get them for free in your magical garage) really detracts from the experience, imo. I'd rather go out and steal one.

27. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Nov 5, 2014, 19:59 Creston

Verno wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 19:30:
Yeah I'll take the opinions of people who played it over nothing at all, sure. I'm not passing be all, end all judgment or something, just commenting on whats available. It's not just one video either, there are dozens to look at.

Fair enough. People are comparing the first four hours of DA:I to the entirety of Origins, and Origins wasn't all that great in the first four hours either, but that seems to be forgotten. Eh whatevs. :-shrug-:

Anyways I guess we'll see in 2 weeks! If you preordered then let us the rest of know! :)

I'm still on the fence about preordering. Kind of hoping GMG will do another coupon I can use for it, but the last two didn't work on DA:I.

I'll undoubtedly get it, so if I still can't get a deal on GMG by the 13th, I'll probably get it from Origin directly so I can at least preload.

Once I have it I'll put up some opinions of the FIRST FOUR HOURS.

25. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Nov 5, 2014, 16:20 Creston

Verno wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 14:13:
but did you guys forget there were TONS of those "go fetch me xx of yy" quests in Origins too? Or the "go here and hit X" quests? Basically every single quest that came from an in-game bulletin board was of the "Go to place A to do B a C number of times."

It existed to pad out the game a bit but it wasn't all that there was available. You could safely ignore it and there was a ton of other more interesting content which is what I'm looking for but not seeing so far in DA:I.

You're not seeing it based on the word of one guy, who played DA:I for four hours, and in that four hours stumbled around the opening zone. He may just have stumbled the way of the boring subquests, and missed a whole bunch of good stuff?

Not saying that's the case, but the first four hours of Origins weren't great either. Ostagar was dreary boring crap.

The first 4 hours of DA:O sets up a very intriguing story and builds a framework for your character. The more meaty sidequests come later. By comparison this just thrusts you into a seemingly ridiculous role "random guy can affect rifts everyone take orders from him now".

How do you know that? How do you know there's not a good reason for your character to be put in charge? If you want to over-summarize it, you can summarize Origins as "Yeah, the king dies and you and some joker dude are now in charge of uniting the entire kingdom."

Sure there were some bulletin board quests in DA:O but there was also a ton of more interesting ones. In random sidequests in DA:O you often found lots of choice, consequence and some even lasted a long chunk of the game.

There were a FEW of those types of quests. Seriously, you seem to remember that the entire game was full of these awesome side quests, and it really wasn't. Maybe you just remember all the ancillary main quest missions as being side quests or something.

So far they haven't demonstrated almost anything of significance in terms of quest variety or consequence,

Well they haven't really revealed much of anything, quest wise.

I don't really buy the "spoilers" excuses either. You really want to put your best foot forward, especially after you shipped the mess that was DA2.

True, but Laidlaw is in charge, and he still views DA2 as their finest hour, so that doesn't help.

I do hope that they are just holding back but like the guys in the video say the world they've demonstrated looks pretty but seems kind of lifeless and the complaints about a lack of attachment to the story/characters are a common theme I've heard from the pre-release media. I'd like to be optimistic but no way I'm preordering this after the previous game and the preview material being fairly ho-hum outside of graphics.

That's fine, and I don't particularly care. All I'm saying is that there seems to be this common theme that "why can't it be more like Origins? In Origins every side quest was fantastic with deep, involved choices and tons of exposition, and now we just get generic fantasy shit!"

And the reality is that Origins was full of generic fantasy shit side quests, and the large, large, large majority of the "deep, involved choices and tons of exposition" came in the main quests and their ancillary quests.

News Comments > Fallout: Shadow of Boston German TM [Updated]
39. Re: Fallout: Shadow of Boston German TM Nov 5, 2014, 16:08 Creston

NKD wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 14:51:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 14:29:
https://twitter.com/Bethblog/status/530072762854170624

Bethblog's Twitter says it's a hoax.

Welp nothing to see here guys.

Otoh, whenever something is revealed early, the official response is always "Oh, that's fake!", only for them to then basically confirm it three weeks later.

News Comments > Morning Previews
5. Re: Morning Previews Nov 5, 2014, 13:53 Creston

I like that they're not doing Blood Magic in DA:I. It always felt completely useless and completely dissolved from the narrative in both previous games.

Being a blood mage in a cutscene is akin to being outed as Adolf Hitler, but during gameplay, shit homey, throw that blood around! I saved the Mage Council from a blood mage WITH blood magic, and I was the grandest guy imaginable. I used so much blood magic all over Kirkwall the entire city was painted in a color called "Hawke's Blood" and nobody gave two shits. Completely batshit insane Knight Templar Queen Bitch happily makes me do her chores, even though I am an OPEN FUCKING BLOOD MAGE. I slapped that fact in the Templars' faces wherever I could, and it never made a shit's worth of difference.

If you're not going to bother to weave it into the story, then don't bother putting it in at all, since as an actual school of magic it was pointless anyway.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2014, 13:44 Creston

Task wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 10:33:
I enjoy watching elections for the sheer entertainment value. What astounds me is that even though the minority population of voters actually loathe the two-party system here and almost equally hate both Dems/Repubs, and money in politics, but they vote anyways.

What else are you supposed to do? Not vote? How is that any better?

I voted independent wherever I could yesterday, and voted against the incumbent in everything else. Every question that asked "should useless dipshit so and so keep their job?" I answered with No. The state legislature question that said whether "people who serve in government should also be allowed to..." I immediately answered with no, since people in government shouldn't be allowed to do fucking SHIT.

What was the end result of it? Well, nothing, of course, since I live in staunch Republican territory and the best independent got 24% of the vote on something, while most others got less than 1%.

But really, what else can I do? What else can anyone do? Revolt?

24510 Comments. 1226 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo