Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 24245 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $58M
15. Re: Star Citizen Nears $58M Oct 12, 2014, 16:23 Creston

NKD wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 13:59:
Star Citizen thread time again. Get out the Space Popcorn boys.

They haven't funded the space popcorn yet. It's the 62M stretch goal.

Video does look good though. I really do want this to be as awesome as he is imagining it, I'm just skeptical that he can deliver it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
16. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 12, 2014, 16:21 Creston

Eirikrautha wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 09:47:
Strangely enough, I don't regret anything I crowd-funded. So far, I feel like I got a pretty good value for the handful of things I kickstarted (*he says as he prepares to fire up Wasteland 2 after posting*).

Wasteland 2 is awesome. It just...doesn't...ever...end.

It's genuinely the first game I've ever thought was just too long. I just entered yet another area, and yay, another two factions and another storyline and... FOR FUCK'S SAKE. I'M SHOOTING EVERYBODY IN THE FACE!

(it's awesome that that's an actual solution, btw.)

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 12, 2014, 16:12 Creston

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 16:06:
I assume it's on the local drive but I would be damn happy if it goes to one of them there clouds! I'll just reinstall it over night and hope for the best.

Yeah but I meant do you know which folder. The only way I can see system restore even doing something to it is if it gets saved in appdata or something, and your profile somehow got corrupted in the restore. In which case the save will likely still be there, just in a separate c:\users\xxxx folder.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: Another woman in games driven from her home by harassers… Oct 12, 2014, 16:03 Creston

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 14:06:
Having just read the tweets from the slope headed, mouth breathing cretin...those are appalling and disgusting.

Seriously, how fucking broken do you have to be to say something like that to another human being?

Yeah it's getting pretty fucking ridiculous. And Twitter just sits there counting money.

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 12, 2014, 16:00 Creston

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 15:25:
My system restore did something I never thought was possible and removed the game and thus my save files.

What the... Where on earth does it save??

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 12, 2014, 15:59 Creston

nin wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 15:35:
So, Prez! I saws you playing Mordor yesterday...

I do want to play it, but I'm pretty worried about the reports of how monotonous it is, and how shit will respawn if you walk ten feet away... I may just wait on the Xmas sale.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
10. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2014, 00:57 Creston

Beelzebud wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 00:03:
Don't start an entertainment company that is dependent on a government gravy train, and this wouldn't happen. Plenty of blame to go around, but most of it falls with Shilling and his team. They pissed away millions.

Obviously, but if your theoretical business was struggling and a state government comes to you and says "Hey, we'll give you a 75 million dollar loan if you move all your people here!" would you say no?

All this probe is is the fucking State government looking for a scapegoat to hide the fact that THEY fucked up in giving Schilling that loan.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
9. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 12, 2014, 00:54 Creston

NKD wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 23:07:
Why would you be disappointed?

Because I'd like to try Windows 10, but don't feel comfortable having every single thing I type sent back to Microsoft? And I don't feel comfortable having MS scan my SMS and phone data if I Sync my phone to my desktop?

Just because they're upfront about it doesn't make it any more shitty. (and again, I understand that they want to check SOME stuff to help make Win10 better. My phone data has nothing to do with their OS.)

11. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 12, 2014, 00:51 Creston

harlock wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 23:58:
Creston wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 16:09:
(Whether Josh ever delivers a game or not isn't really a big worry anymore. It was worth the 20 bucks just to see what this guy could do if he focused 100% on game development.)

haha, thats some odd entertainment

Eh, I never really thought the game itself would be something I would play for very long. I'd toodle around a bit until I'd seen some cool stuff, then I'd have gone and played E:D or something, which (very likely) has more structure to it. LT just seems too open-ended to me.

His initial work just looked promising enough, and his videos good enough, that I figured I'd give him 20 bucks to see what he could come up with.

but it is pretty funny hearing dude finally come to grips with reality, in his latest video talking about how now the focus is all on "finishing everything quickly".. yeh, at least its better than cutting and running with the money, but i gotta say i called it

harlock wrote on May 12, 2014, 22:21:
i dont know man.. my gut feeling is that this project will be scrapped in favor of 2.0, or woefully scaled back at some point

Yeah, he is clearly a tools/engine programmer, not a content creator. I'm pretty sure he doesn't even really like creating content, so he was going to keep working on making the engine more awesome until the money ran out.

Once he's done with this some studio will snag him up, maybe even Chris Roberts, and we'll hopefully get to enjoy his engines for many, many years to come.

7. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 11, 2014, 22:53 Creston

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 19:00:
Since when does "encouraged" mean "forced with no other option"? The option is there, but non-obvious. A legitimate improvement would be to make it more obvious, which is what the article suggests.

That's fair enough.

6. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 11, 2014, 22:52 Creston

NKD wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 20:27:
Creston wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 16:16:
What users want to change about windows 10 TP.

I'd hope the first thing is the keylogger... Sadly it isn't.

They are probably looking for feedback on what they are actually going to release, not feedback on their tech preview metrics. Your inference that somehow Windows 10 release version is going to be keylogging everyone is really dishonest.

That's not what I was inferring. I said "I hope the first thing is the keylogger" (that they want changed), then I read the article, and no, the keylogger isn't the thing that people are wanting changed, so I said "Sadly it isn't."

Never did I mention the word "release version" anywhere, you just inferred that yourself.

8. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 11, 2014, 22:46 Creston

Flatline wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 22:33:
It's obvious why Kickstarter is over. Star Citizen's 60 million dollar stretch goal is to replicate all projects on kickstarter, ever.

in-engine? That would be AWESOME!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2014, 16:53 Creston

Ice the shit out of it, Blue. 15 minutes on, 45 minutes off.

I can see why Archer is dropping ISIS. Yes, they had it first, yes, its fans aren't going to be confused by Archer suddenly 'supporting beheading American citizens', but there are far far faaaar more people not watching Archer (or, as we should call them, filthy plebeians) and why fight that fight?

ISIS technically doesn't exist anymore in the Archer universe after Vice anyway, so just give it a new name and save yourself the 92 million articles written by retard media calling you a fucking cannibal and terrorist lover.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
40. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2014, 16:42 Creston

nin wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 18:17:
Ray Ban wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 17:52:
I lost my mom today.

Life sucks.

I'm sorry for your loss. Mine died in January.

Jesus, sorry to hear that Ray Ban (and you, nin.) My condolences on your loss.

Good luck in this difficult time...

News Comments > RYSE: Son of Rome Released for PC
23. Re: RYSE: Son of Rome Released for PC Oct 11, 2014, 16:38 Creston

Pretty much, yeah. In fact, Crysis is about the ultimate expression of gameplay compared to this. Combat in this is terrible.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs
46. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs Oct 11, 2014, 16:31 Creston

Cpmartins wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 10:08:
Well said. After watching some gameplay trailers, I'm not impressed. A lot of people not even using the Tactical Overlay, just pressing those awesome buttons and facerolling through. Strong wait and see on this one, yet my hopes are up and I'd love for it to be good.

Eh, they might be playing on Normal or even Easy, which are kind of intended to be played that way. I watched a twitch with Laidlaw and one of their lead designers playing one of the dungeons, and they were definitely not facerolling through. I think with the limited healing system that's going to get hard to do anyway. It looked pretty damn hard at points if you didn't use your skills to their optimum (interrupting attacks, setting up timely shields, etc.) and the lead designer wiped against a hurlock captain.

Letting your warrior just go RAARRGH and run into a group of enemies just guarantees he's going to get wiped out in a hurry.

On another note, this is it for EAware. If this game isn't incredible, they are pretty much done. They will get dissolved into EA main divisions. A sad, yet predictable end, to say the least.

I think this game will easily surpass Origin's sales. It's one of the first really big RPGs for both the PS4 and Xbone, so they'll probably sell millions on those platforms alone. But even if it bombed spectacularly, though it might end the Dragon Age series, I doubt it'd kill the Bioware studio.

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 2014, 16:36.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs
45. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs Oct 11, 2014, 16:26 Creston

nin wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 22:26:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 22:20:
NO ONE SUSPECTS A DRAGON INQUISITION!

Our chief weapon is Origin...Origin and season passes...season passes and Origin....

Our two weapons are Origin and season passes...and DLC....

Our *three* weapons are Origin, season passes, and DLC...and an almost fanatical devotion to The Sims....

Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as Origin, season passes....

I'll come in again.

You're a bad person!

3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 11, 2014, 16:16 Creston

What users want to change about windows 10 TP.

I'd hope the first thing is the keylogger... Sadly it isn't. This baffles me, though:

There's a bit of a niggle that Windows 10 users are encouraged into using a Microsoft account rather than a local one, but as this is central to the idea of syncing Windows 10 between computers, requests to make local accounts "easier" to implement are likely to fall on deaf ears.

You HAVE to sign in with a MS account? You can't make local users? W.T.F?

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 11, 2014, 16:15 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 13:43:
How many times a day does the average person check their phone? 221, apparently.

Really? REALLY? People, please, get a life.

Yeah, it's insane. I read an article from some schmoe the other day about how he expects battery life to soon become an issue of the past because ... I don't actually even know. Space magic, maybe.

But he said that he had basically six hours of screen time per day on his phone, and that drained his battery too quick.

SIX.HOURS.OF.SCREEN.TIME. On his phone. The phone wasn't his job, he admitted that he did his job on a Macbook. SIX... HOURS... PER DAY.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
8. Re: Saturday Interviews Oct 11, 2014, 16:13 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 15:10:
Great AMA.

Fuck the rest of the noise.

Hear hear!

24245 Comments. 1213 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo