Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 23581 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Aug 2, 2014, 16:29 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 18:42:
Creston wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 11:44:
Zombie DLC... FFS, Rockstar.
Did you ever play the Zombie DLC for Red Dead Redemption?

No, because it seemed stupid. Zombies in the Wild West! Zombies in Modern Day LA! Zombies in the Bayou! Zombies in your pants!

Not every single fucking game needs a fucking zombie DLC...
(though in GTA5 it'd actually be more fun than in RDR, as there are tanks and airplanes etc in it.)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Aug 2, 2014, 16:22 Creston

1) Facebook
2) Facebook
3) ...
10) Facebook

News Comments > Stained Steam Key Resolution
1. Re: Stained Steam Key Resolution Aug 2, 2014, 16:21 Creston

I appreciate all helpful suggestions.

You mean the ones where people said that they paid for something, and you are supposed to deliver what they paid for?

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Delayed?
45. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 2, 2014, 16:20 Creston

Well, this thread went nowhere in a hurry.

Hint: Use the fucking ignore function. Frans made us one for a reason. Every one of these 30 post bitch fests about people complaining about people complaining is all so pointless.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 2, 2014, 16:15 Creston

Don't fly drones over our police stations. We do that to you, it shouldn't happen the other way around. Trust us, we're the good guys.  

News Comments > TOXIKK Announced
10. Re: TOXIKK Announced Aug 2, 2014, 13:28 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 13:14:
Creston wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 12:52:
So it's Quake then?

I think it's Unreal Tournament with Quake weapons. This could pretty easily be a mod of UT3. Not a bad thing at all, IMO.

UT3 was just trying to be Quake anyway. (Which I always hated, as I enjoyed the original UT far more than I ever did Quake.)

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 2, 2014, 12:58 Creston

Please either write a serious story (as serious as games get, anyway), or write something that totally takes the piss at itself and everything and is there for shits and giggles.

Don't do another one of these horseshit experiments like you did in Far Cry 3 where you try to dance the middle line, and the writer afterwards tries to pretend it was all tongue in cheek when the attempted serious parts of his story get written off as garbage.

News Comments > Facepunch Reveals Deuce
4. Re: Uhhh...no. Aug 2, 2014, 12:54 Creston

JohnBirshire wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 00:34:
Tennis crossed with Street Fighter?! How is that even possible? One is a ranged activity, the other a melee.

It's the kind of dumb crap that you'd expect to hear coming out of some cuntnozzle at a publisher.

"It's like Mario Kart meets Aliens meets Dance Dance Revolution! But then Rogue-like!"

News Comments > TOXIKK Announced
8. Re: TOXIKK Announced Aug 2, 2014, 12:52 Creston

So it's Quake then?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2014, 12:48 Creston

SlimRam wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 17:14:
Air braking.

In vacuum?

he might be referring to the thing they did in the movie 2010 when they had to slow down and basically skimmed off the planet's atmosphere it was kind of awesome because the whole ship was shaking and everybody was shaking and shitting themselves I thought that was one of the coolest parts of the movie.

Trying to do that when you're going near lightspeed would not be a Smart Idea(tm).

29. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2014, 12:47 Creston

1badmf wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 17:11:
from what i've read they have no idea how it works. it was built first, and then the theories started coming in afterwards. NASA's own paper specifically mentions it doesn't want to get into theorizing and is just a proof of concept of the machine itself.

Well, at NASA, yes. This theory has been around for awhile, I think I first heard about it somewhere in the mid to late 2000s. It's basically a derivation of the Ion Thruster principle (though that still requires a small amount of mass to be used as propellant) that they started messing with and came up with this.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2014, 12:44 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 22:24:
Oh, responded in the other one - just feeling old.....saw a story over at Destructo about "what was the most influential game in your life". The responses were laughable...most started with super nes games...so I guess they are all youngins over there. I posted multiple games, starting with commodore 64 up to early PC stuff....

Damn, "influential". That's a hard one to come up with...

I'm gonna go with Ultima 3:Exodus, maybe. That was about the first game that ever made me go "Holy crap, there is a version available that looks better?" and made me get a new system for it. (I was playing the C64 version, got an Amiga for it, IIRC.) I also later bought it for my PC.

If I go with the game that really made me think about what I was doing and why I was doing it (in game), it'd be Ultima 4.

11. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 1, 2014, 22:35 Creston

nin wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 21:54:
Creston wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 21:23:
So... should all backers have gotten a beta key by now? Or do you need to retrieve that from somewhere?

I believe you log into your wasteland account (https://rangercenter.inxile-entertainment.com/login) and it's there (under game keys)? If you never registered, you want to use the email address you pledged with (that's how they verify who you are and what you get).

Thanks buddy

7. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 1, 2014, 21:23 Creston

So... should all backers have gotten a beta key by now? Or do you need to retrieve that from somewhere?  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2014, 16:24 Creston

Cutter wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 14:51:
Creston wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 12:59:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 12:27:
Am I the only one who really wants this EmDrive to actually work? This is probably the best news i've seen in months.

It works. It's only been the US that somehow still seemed to believe it doesn't work, even though it was already validated more than once.

The theory has been around basically since the 60s, but it took awhile for man to build a working prototype. A similar concept exists for a drive that works by pushing aways photons, IIRC.

It gives only a tiny, tiny amount of thrust, but once you're out of the gravity well, it's plenty to propel basically anything. And since you can keep thrusting indefinitely, you could theoretically get up to quite near light speed with it. (I'd just hate to have to sit there and wait the 7000 years it'd take to slow back down again. )

Air braking.

In vacuum?

26. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2014, 13:14 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 13:50:
(I don't like PewDiePie much, IMHO he crosses over the line between silly and stupid, but he's certainly successful.)

I blame the Jersey Shore generation that thinks the crap on MTV is "Real Life" (see what I did there).

I don't know 1 person that actually knows who the F or what the F pewdiepie is. (or maybe who watches it - cause I would have to have a come to Jesus with them) I watched a few moments of a few videos. I couldn't stand it. (recently found out what and who it was)

And that guy makes money!? WTF!?

I like him. :p

In moderation, it's not as if I'll sit there and watch 30 minutes of him at once, but if I come across one of his videos, I'll giggle for a few minutes.

Not everything he does is great, of course, but seeing him play stuff like Amnesia is pretty damn funny.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2014, 12:59 Creston

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 12:27:
Am I the only one who really wants this EmDrive to actually work? This is probably the best news i've seen in months.

It works. It's only been the US that somehow still seemed to believe it doesn't work, even though it was already validated more than once.

The theory has been around basically since the 60s, but it took awhile for man to build a working prototype. A similar concept exists for a drive that works by pushing aways photons, IIRC.

It gives only a tiny, tiny amount of thrust, but once you're out of the gravity well, it's plenty to propel basically anything. And since you can keep thrusting indefinitely, you could theoretically get up to quite near light speed with it. (I'd just hate to have to sit there and wait the 7000 years it'd take to slow back down again. )

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 1, 2014, 11:44 Creston

Zombie DLC... FFS, Rockstar.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 1, 2014, 11:42 Creston

Beamer wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 11:15:
And how, then, do you prevent this?

Where I am now we have extremely large shared drives. In nearly every other job we didn't, so USB became the only way to transfer large files to each other. It wasn't at all uncommon for us to be working with massive Excel spreadsheets and powerpoint presentations that were poorly optimized and therefore well over 20-40MB. Can't email those.

Actually, there is nothing preventing you from emailing those other than an idiot email administrator who worries about the few thousand bucks in extra storage it would cost to allow it. There isn't some kind of magical barrier inherent in email that says "20 MB, no more!"

If you want to email a 15GB file, go right ahead. Just as long as the sending and receiving server allow it, nothing will stop that file from eventually getting there.

The problem with email is that people have no clue what the fuck they are doing, hit Reply to All on everything, and thus start propagating said 15GB file with frightening regularity. If it's sent to 10 people and someone hits reply to all, you've just added 150GB of burden to your email server storage.

So rather than educate users they just put stupidly low limits on it, and force people to use shit like USB sticks with all the joyful security holes that brings. But hey, security isn't the email admin's department, so what the fuck does it matter?

IT is just fucked. I've worked in 15-20 different IT departments, and they're all just as fucking dumb as the next one.

News Comments > Gearbox Fights Aliens Lawsuit
27. Re: Gearbox Fights Aliens Lawsuit Aug 1, 2014, 11:36 Creston

Wesp5 wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 08:07:
Creston wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 22:47:
There is a marked difference between what someone expects and what someone is promised.

I agree. I find it quite interesting that so many people complain about minor differences in the ACM trailer compared to the game, but nobody much did the same when Bioshock: Infinite showed a whole sequence that never made it into the game and looked much better than the final game itself too. I guess because ACM itself was a bad game, people just stick to it!

Note that I'm not defending it, as it's blatant false advertising, and quite frankly I really wish that someone/something/whatever would put a fucking stop to it.

23581 Comments. 1180 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo