Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 23019 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Crytek Announces HUNT: Horrors of the Gilded Age
9. Re: Crytek Announces HUNT: Horrors of the Gilded Age Jun 3, 2014, 11:32 Creston

Games-as-a-Service. Everyone at EA just jizzed all over themselves.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fable Anniversary for PCs Teased
3. Re: Fable Anniversary for PCs Teased Jun 2, 2014, 21:47 Creston

Fantaz wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 20:57:
i can't imagine that there would be too many ppl interested in this game? amirite?

There must be, otherwise they'd never bother. I have no interest in any Fable game, but it's cool that they'll bring it to the PC.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jun 2, 2014, 21:33 Creston

It's funny because the director will always say "Shake" when they have to film one of those scenes. It is pure hilarity to see all of them looking so seriously and then do a little shimmy. (bonus fun when one actor forgets they are supposed to shimmy to the right first, and goes against everyone else.)

It also doesn't even make sense within their own technology. Why isn't the inertial dampener countering that inertia as well? I can see it not engaging under a certain threshold, otherwise they couldn't even move around, but when a crew member is flung across the deck, the inertial dampener should simply prevent that from happening.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 2, 2014, 21:29 Creston

Damn, that's harsh. What did Sting ever do to you?  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Saved Game Bug
1. Re: Watch Dogs Saved Game Bug Jun 2, 2014, 21:27 Creston

Uplay's cloud saves have been borked since day one of the shitty program, and basically every game that gets shafted with it has had these kinds of issues.

The first thing I do with any ubisoft game is to turn the cloud saves off.

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 2, 2014, 11:39 Creston

DangerDog wrote on Jun 1, 2014, 17:38:
I don't get the reading rainbow thing, it's still going to be a paid subscription. Seems like a ripoff to me.

It does still need to be actually developed first for the web, and the initial hardware purchased, and the hosting fees paid etc. You can't start producing content based off of the $5 monthly fees that will come in once you're up and running.

That said, if he could do all of it for a million bucks, which seems very reasonable, I'm not sure what all the extra money is going to buy.

Even so, reading rainbow is a very worthy undertaking, and I'm glad it's doing so well, and I'm glad LeVar is so invested in it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2014, 11:35 Creston

Btw, if you think Teens react to 90s internet is funny, check out Kids React to Old Computer and Kids React to Sony Walkman. They're both pretty hilarious.

*taps CRT monitor to try to get computer to come on*

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2014, 11:25 Creston

Verno wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 10:53:
The sunken cost fallacy is alive and well in the F35 project I see, it is hard to believe that debacle is still ongoing.

At the time when it was just ramping up (mid to late 90s, I think?) Holland was debating on whether to join in on the F-35 program, or go with most of the other European nations into the Eurofighter Typhoon.

IIRC, Holland chose to go into the F-35 program. So they're still flying F-16s, while the rest of Europe has been flying the Typhoon since... 2003? And the Typhoon was FAR from a smooth development, as it lingered in politician whiny-ass limbo for quite awhile.

So yeah, the F35 been a spectacular failure. The government should just tell Lockheed "Fuck you, you're paying for the rest of this shit out of your own pocket."

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: 4K Is Officially the Next Dumb Format War. Jun 2, 2014, 11:18 Creston

NetHead wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 09:33:
...if you buy a 4K movie from Sony, you'll need a Sony television to play it back. If you buy one from Samsung, you'll need a Samsung TV to view it

Curious as to how they enforce this,

It's a simple flag in HDCP. In any case, both Sony and Samsung, and anyone else who thinks we need another format war, can go fuck themselves. I already had roughly 0.000001% interest in buying a 4K tv, and now that has gone to actually negative numbers.

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Announced
18. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Announced Jun 2, 2014, 11:10 Creston

So now Korea apparently has enough soldiers to swamp the entire US. Heh.

In any case, the original was fucking terrible. Truly the worst example of the 100% on rails, 100% scripted shooter. It wasn't even worth the 10 bucks that I paid for it. 5 hour campaign full of bullshit where the NPCs do all the work for you.

And that apparently gets a sequel...

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
10. Re: Into the Black May 31, 2014, 13:09 Creston

jdreyer wrote on May 31, 2014, 03:16:
Creston wrote on May 30, 2014, 22:17:
NegaDeath wrote on May 30, 2014, 20:25:
I propose a new piece of legislation. Any politician that accepts money from lobbyists has to wear that companies logo like a car sponsorship at all times.

Let's go one further. If a politician takes money from a corporation, that corporate logo gets branded into their fucking forehead.

But, but, but, then all the politicians would be dead from heat exposure from being branded over every last square centimeter of skin!

Oh, wait. That's a feature, not a bug.

Yeah I was looking on the bright side.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews May 31, 2014, 13:08 Creston

Thanks Quboid  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse May 31, 2014, 13:03 Creston

Fion wrote on May 31, 2014, 11:50:
Edit: Scratch that I know why all too well.

Shitty corporations and lobbying.

In any case, reclassifying it to 10mb would tumble the US from its supposed sixty something percent of broadband penetration to well below 30%, because nowhere in rural america can you get that.

Of course, knowing what kind of a cockwallet Tom wheeler is, he'll say "Well, everyone can get Hughesnet, and that's 15mbps, so broadband penetration has now reached 100%!"

5. Re: Into the Black May 30, 2014, 22:17 Creston

NegaDeath wrote on May 30, 2014, 20:25:
I propose a new piece of legislation. Any politician that accepts money from lobbyists has to wear that companies logo like a car sponsorship at all times.

Let's go one further. If a politician takes money from a corporation, that corporate logo gets branded into their fucking forehead.

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black May 30, 2014, 22:16 Creston

1badmf wrote on May 30, 2014, 18:17:
like all of you i've been gaming since the 90s.

Rookie.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
4. Re: Evening Screenshots May 30, 2014, 22:14 Creston

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 30, 2014, 20:59:
Those Elite Dangerous screenshots look pretty good, but they don't look 40 million dollars good. Oh wait, that's the other game.

Does that even have screenshots yet?

News Comments > Watch Dogs PC Performance Patch Plans
55. Re: Watch Dog PC Performance Patch Plans May 30, 2014, 22:06 Creston

NKD wrote on May 30, 2014, 21:17:
Creston wrote on May 30, 2014, 18:08:
It's just sad to see how little stuff there is in WD, while said stuff IS in GTA5. I can't even imagine how little there would have been in WD had they not delayed it right after GTA5 came out and they realized their game would have looked terrible compared to it.

Probably shouldn't be watching biased, literally one-sided videos by people with an axe to grind if you don't want to feel sad.

Maybe I ought to make a video where I compare Saints Row to GTA by rubbing my car against a wall and then declare the Saints Row series literally unplayable shit.

You could. And then people would logically point out that Saints Row isn't claiming to be the Next Gen of open world games. And everyone would conclude that, yes, Saints Row is nowhere near as detailed as GTA 5, which is all I was saying.

News Comments > Watch Dogs PC Performance Patch Plans
47. Re: Watch Dog PC Performance Patch Plans May 30, 2014, 18:08 Creston

harlock wrote on May 30, 2014, 16:44:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 30, 2014, 15:12:
PC version on Ultra settings true next gen gaming experience
http://youtu.be/idA9BEA4Hxs

hahahahaha

It's just sad to see how little stuff there is in WD, while said stuff IS in GTA5. I can't even imagine how little there would have been in WD had they not delayed it right after GTA5 came out and they realized their game would have looked terrible compared to it.

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 30, 2014, 17:52 Creston

Those fuckers in Congress aren't even trying to hide it anymore, are they? $90,000 in money taken from cablecos etc, and the jackass can't even afford a decent fucking haircut.  

28. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2014, 16:41 Creston

jdreyer wrote on May 30, 2014, 13:44:
This was my thought. $2B just seems insane. This has consistently been one of the worst teams in the league. What was the estimated value of the team?

Worst team in the league means nothing. They were terrible because they had a moron of an owner who hired morons as GMs, though for the last five, six years they've been decent.

They are IN L.A. That's all that matters. Put money in that team, hire a GM who knows what he's been doing, and that's a fucking printing press for money. See also: Cuban, Mark.

In any case, no professional sports team owner has ever lost money on buying and then selling a team, as the values of these teams just goes up and up and up. If he sells it in 20 years, he'll make lots more than 2B back.

23019 Comments. 1151 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo