Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 22955 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 28, 2014, 16:21 Creston

Cutter wrote on May 28, 2014, 14:06:
Because they're all lawyers? Like Neil DGT said, where are the scientists and engineers and doctors and all the other people that represent the rest of life?

They are successful in real life, and don't have to fall back on being a fucking politician.

Politicians are only made up of two types of people (besides the 'born with a silver spoon in their ass' crowd) : lawyers who can't win cases, and businessmen who can't make any money.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
18. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 28, 2014, 16:18 Creston

Verno wrote on May 28, 2014, 13:52:
Who needs a steering wheel? It's got a USB port and I've got my 360 gamepad

Oh god, real life GTA comin' up!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2014, 13:29 Creston

Beamer wrote on May 28, 2014, 12:52:
It was on their "citizen reported" page, which I think doesn't have much editorial oversight.

And is almost definitely a bad idea.

So they allow anyone to just post random shit on the actual CNN website? That sounds like a great idea.

I guess CNN has never heard of 4chan.

News Comments > The Sims 4 Trailer
2. Re: The Sims 4 Trailer May 28, 2014, 12:33 Creston

jomisab wrote on May 28, 2014, 12:12:
I've never played a Sims game, but I have to admit that does look cool.

I never cared much for the game part of it, but the house building has always been incredibly entertaining.

News Comments > Bethesda Announces BATTLECRY
9. Re: Bethesda Announces BATTLECRY May 28, 2014, 12:32 Creston

Darks wrote on May 28, 2014, 12:09:
Iím with you nin, I donít do online kill me, kill you crap games. Thereís already more than enough of these, why developers deem these more important than a single player story game is beyond me.

Much easier to make money off DLC for mp games. Map Packs are 100% pure profit.

18. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2014, 12:31 Creston

Mr. Tact wrote on May 28, 2014, 11:57:
Creston wrote on May 28, 2014, 11:46:
And if that didn't give it away, the asteroid was nudged off course by Mars, and will take 27 years to hit the earth.
Actually, that part could make sense... an asteroid in orbit around the sun, could pass Mars closely causing a change in the orbit which results in a collision with Earth the next pass through the solar system some number of years later.

True, but an asteroid in orbit around the sun would likely already have been discovered.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black May 28, 2014, 12:04 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on May 28, 2014, 00:37:
'Listen Dave... if I open those bay doors we WILL get Ants. Do you want ants Dave? WELL DO YOU DAVE?!? AND YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE A HELMET TO KEEP THE ANTS OUT OF YOUR SPACESUIT!' -how Archer should have answered.

"Is this how you get ants, Hal?"

"Yes, other Hal, this is how you get ants."

News Comments > Watch Dogs Login Issues
16. Re: Watch Dogs Login Issues May 28, 2014, 11:59 Creston

I'm surprised noone's been defending them yet, like they do when Steam's shit goes down again during a sale.

After all, it'd be stupid for Ubisoft to put enough capacity in place to handle all their customers, it's much smarter to just let people suffer for awhile until they stop trying and the system can catch up, right?

harlock wrote on May 27, 2014, 22:05:
WATCHDOGS GOT HAXORED

Hehehe.

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 28, 2014, 11:54 Creston

I would sure hope so. While I'm an advocate of the "let computers drive" idea, I would never, ever, EVER get in a car that has no way for me to take control if it should become necessary.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2014, 11:46 Creston

March 35th. Okay.

Great editorial work there, CNN. And if that didn't give it away, the asteroid was nudged off course by Mars, and will take 27 years to hit the earth.

Average Mars-Earth distance is roughly 225 million kms, so the asteroid seems to be going at ~270ish meters per second. Not real sure that's going to kill the planet.

CNN: POST SHIT FIRST, WORRY ABOUT WHETHER IT'S TRUE LATER.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Why Congress keeps screwing up tech policy May 28, 2014, 11:27 Creston

Because none of them can be bothered to do five seconds of fucking work to learn about tech before having a flunky write a cookie-cutter law and throwing it up to see if it'll stick.

After all, they only make like $200K a year. What do you expect from these people? That's barely living wage.

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 28, 2014, 11:25 Creston

No steering wheel, so no way to grab the wheel if the system fails. Sounds like a winner...

News Comments > Bethesda Announces BATTLECRY
1. Re: Bethesda Announces BATTLECRY May 28, 2014, 11:23 Creston

THE ALL CAPS LETS YOU KNOW THIS IS A SERIOUS GAME BY SERIOUS PEOPLE!

Also, if you ban gunpowder, it doesn't somehow miraculously make all existing guns and ammo disappear, Rich Vogel.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Confirmed
14. Re: Battlefield Hardline Confirmed May 28, 2014, 11:17 Creston

Remember all those bugs you so enjoyed for the first six months of BF3, and then again for the first six months of BF4?

Sign up now, and you'll get to enjoy them all over again while EA makes vague comments regarding how they 'need to do better!'

News Comments > Steam Machines Delayed
9. Re: Steam Machines Delayed May 28, 2014, 11:16 Creston

Beamer wrote on May 28, 2014, 11:04:
And if they don't make their games multiplatform, will you dual boot?

I doubt many people will, so all of this will live and die by how many devs will make their games available on SteamOS. (I hereby nominate we refer to it as SOS from now on.)

If you can get enough games on SOS, it'll gain traction, but if it's just a few devs, then there won't be anyone interested in running it, which will lead to even those devs saying there's no point in it.

So far the signs are encouraging, but it's going to take a concerted effort of at least several years before any sizable number of people switches.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews
63. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews May 27, 2014, 20:58 Creston

Yeah the shitty driving has completely turned me off this game. I'll probably pick it up for cheap some day, but I've lost my interest.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Result of FCC study revealed!! May 27, 2014, 20:55 Creston

"No, it doesn't."

- Tom Wheeler.
Comcast/Verizon whore.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Walkthrough Trailer
1. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Walkthrough Trailer May 27, 2014, 20:54 Creston

new loot chests that will drop nothing but shit.

31. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2014, 17:21 Creston

harlock wrote on May 27, 2014, 13:50:
Creston wrote on May 27, 2014, 13:32:
descender wrote on May 27, 2014, 12:16:
I still enjoy the throwback soda's. They are quite a tasty treat, especially when you don't drink regular soda on a daily or even weekly basis...

You can still enjoy soda even if you don't drink it regularly? How often do you still drink soda? I basically never drink it anymore, and if/when I try to drink even a throwback soda, it's so frakking sweet that it nearly makes me vomit.

yeh i had been cutting back for a while, but over the past year ive had none at all whatsoever... went to the store the other day and figured id pick up one of those "full throttle" drinks for a change of pace (which i used to enjoy quite a bit).. and drinking that was a pretty crazy experience, like getting slapped in the face and punched in the gut - felt odd for about an hour, strange feeling, not nauseous, not sick, just weirdly uncomfortable

one thing i can tell you about not drinking soda for a long while is that my energy level throughout the day is now noticeably more stable and even.. its a pretty significant and enjoyable change

I felt the same way. Sugar is basically just poison...

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews
49. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews May 27, 2014, 17:18 Creston

Verno wrote on May 27, 2014, 15:09:
I don't know how they spend hundreds of millions on the tech

I doubt it cost that much. With the exception of being in Chicago, this is essentially Ubisoft game #12. They just make the same game for all their franchises now. "People like climbing towers in AC, let's put that in Far Cry and Watch Dogs and come up with stupid reasons for doing so."

So the costs get amortized over many games.

22955 Comments. 1148 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo