Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 22097 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Editorial on Kickstarter Communication
3. Re: Editorial on Kickstarter Communication Feb 22, 2014, 12:07 Creston

'Oh yeah, right! There's a bunch of people who hate the idea of what we're doing and are waiting to pounce on us if we make a single mistake'.

Again, why does this matter? Tim doesn't seem to get the idea that non-backers *ARE*NOT*IMPORTANT* when you've Kickstarted a game. Make whatever the people who already gave you money want you to make. And if they're fine with you releasing it in two parts, then release it in two parts, and to hell with the rest of the world. If they wanted a say, they should've put up some money.

InXile understands this far, far better than Double Fine does.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Shadowrun: Dragonfall Beta Keys
2. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall Beta Keys Feb 22, 2014, 12:04 Creston

We've been so impressed with the level of service that our partners at GOG.com and Humble Store

Hurray for GOG and Humble Store. Those guys are awesome.

Anyway, pretty darn excited for the new campaign! And remember, guys: Rigger/Decker combo for ultimate carnage!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
24. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2014, 01:14 Creston

Beamer wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 20:33:
I won't lie - when the board was down I found video game news dull. I don't just want to see the news, I like knowing what a group of largely intelligent people think about the news.

Yup, completely agree. I briefly skimmed when the comments were down, then proceeded to be bored for the next three hours.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced
26. Re: Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced Feb 22, 2014, 01:09 Creston

Procedural generation? Really?

Wasn't the fact that everything was hand-created one of the big selling points of SC?

Roberts must have been more impressed by Elite:Dangerous than we first believed.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Rambo The Video Game
24. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Rambo The Video Game Feb 21, 2014, 18:48 Creston

Julio wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 17:37:
I would think hipsters like Steam, given it's trendy.

It's been around for over a decade. I'm not sure trendy means what you think it means.

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 21, 2014, 12:58 Creston

Necrophob wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 12:39:
RE: Demand for Linux skills rises.

I wish we had a Linux guy here...application server shit itself over too many open file handles, and who had to dig around the kernel parameters? This guy!

Why do you have a Linux server if you don't have a Linux guy? Confused

4. Shrugs for Silicon Valley Feb 21, 2014, 12:57 Creston

Christ, can that fucking jackass Davidoff whine any more? Last I checked, Silicon Valley hadn't caused the world's biggest market crash since the Great Depression, hadn't caused millions of people to lose their jobs (in the US alone), and hadn't wiped trillions of dollars from people's retirement plans / 401(k)s.

But no, EVIL SILICON VALLEY. LARRY PAGE MAKES MONEY. Shakefist

What a fucking cuntstool.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Rambo The Video Game
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Rambo The Video Game Feb 21, 2014, 12:53 Creston

Five dismissive wanks.  

News Comments > Schafer Confirms Broken Age Act 2 Funded
1. Re: Schafer Confirms Broken Age Act 2 Funded Feb 21, 2014, 12:51 Creston

Cool news.

As for the internet hate, just ignore it. If your backers were fine with it, who the fuck cares about everyone else?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
44. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2014, 21:55 Creston

PHJF wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 16:56:
Just about had it with HDMI when I finally found the solution to my (enormous, migraine-inducing) problem, a problem which manifested immediately after going from a GTX460 to a GTX760.

As long as I've owned this card and regardless of updates to Windows and/or display drivers, multiple displays have NEVER functioned correctly. It extends the desktop when I don't want it to, fucks with my desktop icon placement, never fucking remembers which is the main display, or randomly refuses to even acknowledge my receiver is on and I'd like to USE MY FUCKIN SPEAKERS. The absolute worst offense was, with stunning regularity, Windows getting "stuck" in extended desktop mode and refusing to enable/disable particular displays, requiring a reset to remedy.

And the fucking solution?

A piece of tape. A tiny little piece of tape used to cover up pin #19 on the HDMI cable, the shitty little worthless cunt of a pin whose sole lot in life is to carry "event" (like, say, power on or off) signals between devices. I'm not sure what would be so god damn difficult for some asshole at nvidia or some even bigger asshole at Microsoft to look into and FIX this on the SOFTWARE END, but no, I'm stuck here solving 21st century problems with tiny pieces of tape.

Good. I can FEEL your anger! Use it! Strike me down with it!

Anyway, that really sucks. Fucking HDMI.

43. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2014, 21:52 Creston

Yeah Blue, put it on Azure! Then you can watch your site go down because Microsoft has apparently never heard of certificates! CHU CHU!  

News Comments > THIEF Launch Trailer
57. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 21:39 Creston

harlock wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 18:24:
Squirmer wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 17:36:
Oh, and there was a QTE in the livestream too. I thought they removed those, but the guy needed to TAP SQUARE to move a wooden beam that was blocking his path.

i think those segments of squeezing through an area and moving beams is the replacement for a loading screen... notice you cant see the level behind you or ahead of you until you make it through

seems to happen in multiple areas

Huh, I didn't even realize that. That's actually pretty clever.

News Comments > Irrational Games Closing
47. Re: Irrational Games Closing Feb 20, 2014, 15:16 Creston

Judging by a gamasutra article linked today, Bioshock Infinite sold nowhere near enough to justify its costs, and that's why the studio is being closed down.

Still sucks for those losing their jobs, but at least they're not getting canned because Ken Levine felt like doing something different.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
2. Re: Morning Screenshots Feb 20, 2014, 15:13 Creston

Also, this game looks terrible at that high a resolution...  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
6. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 20, 2014, 15:02 Creston

The sad thing is, the pCell is actually the first thing he's invented that (probably) can genuinely do what he's saying it can do, but Verizon and AT&T won't ever implement it because then they can't charge people five-hundred fucking dollars for going a meg over their data cap.

News Comments > Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims
52. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 20, 2014, 14:45 Creston

It's not, but I'm not sure that after living in the US for 12 years that's really a distinction anymore.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2014, 12:47 Creston

nin wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 09:30:
I find it mildly humorous the phrase "pussy riot" is now uttered everywhere...

What we call a pussy riot is a slow tuesday afternoon for Patrick Stewart.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2014, 12:45 Creston

Verno wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 09:10:
I woke up this morning and the rain had dropped the snow banks in our yard by a good 10+ inches. They were getting pretty scary, I had to use a friends tractor to clear some of the ice packed ones last week because my fancy new truck/plow couldn't put a dent in them. Money well spent

Dude, do you live in freaking Alaska or something?!

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2014, 12:45 Creston

Captain Picard has nailed more pussy than all the pasty-faced cuntdroolers at the Guardian combined.

Btw, the first comment on that article, by a man named Ben Wilson, is genius: "Well he did always insist Earl Grey was hot. "

HAHAHAHAHA.

This comment was edited on Feb 20, 2014, 12:53.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 20, 2014, 12:43 Creston

Pigeon wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 09:01:
No Phil, I think that was the right decision, at least for everyone else. Now there's a good chance the game will actually run in 1080p.

ZING!!!!

Hahaha. Bravo, good sir.

22097 Comments. 1105 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo