Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 22100 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2014, 13:25 Creston

Cutter wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 12:03:
And you Spocks gonna' go all Par Fon.

Par what?

Do you mean Pon Far?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty Elite Ends Friday
7. Re: Call of Duty Elite Ends Friday Feb 26, 2014, 13:24 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 12:32:
Beamer wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 12:21:
It was slower and less useful to create classes than in-game, and it never gave the stats you wanted to see or presented them in a way you wanted to view them.
Yeahh but did you see the fish Ai in Ghost? That was some amazing shit man.

And it had a dog! And you got to PLAY AS THE DOG!!!!

4. Re: Call of Duty Elite Ends Friday Feb 26, 2014, 11:59 Creston

nin wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 11:51:
Creston wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 11:44:
This announcement needs more Call of Duty in it. I really wasn't sure which game they were referring to. (For those of you who were also unsure: It's Call of Duty.)

Needs more ®!

As® noted® back® in® October® 2013®, Call® of® Duty® Elite® was® designed® to® work® with® prior® Call® of® Duty® games® and® has® begun® winding® down® support® for® those® titles® since® late® last® year®, which® ends® on® February® 28®, 2014®. We’ve® taken® all® the® key® learnings® and® fan® feedback® to® create® the® Call® of® Duty® app® for® Call® of® Duty®: Ghosts®, which® takes® some® of® the® best® and® most® popular® features® of® Call® of® Duty® Elite® and® introduces® new® elements® such® as® Call® of® Duty® Clan® Wars®. Download® the® Call® of® Duty® app® now® at® http://callofduty.com/app (®), and® join® in® the® Call® of® Duty® Clan® Wars® fun® today®.

You just made Bobby Kotick cream in his pants at the thought of owning all those words.

(Legal Disclaimer: Bobby Kotick owns the words 'cream', 'in' and 'pants', as well as any concept relating thereto. If you therefore ever "cream in your pants", you owe a licensing fee.)

News Comments > X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans
19. Re: X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans Feb 26, 2014, 11:56 Creston

Creston's Raised Eyebrow... ?

28. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2014, 11:53 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 17:40:
Creston wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 11:28:
Yeah, when I saw that commercial I was thinking to myself "Who the fuck wants FRITOS on their sandwich??"

My daughter loves stuffing chips into her sandwiches.

Kids do weird shit, so that's forgiven. I took a bunch of kids from church to Micky D's, and a ten year old got an order of fries and a frosty. Then she proceeded to dip the fries into the frosty before eating them...

I just can't imagine that Subway is focusing this on kids, as it's not exactly their target market.

1. Re: Call of Duty Elite Ends Friday Feb 26, 2014, 11:44 Creston

This announcement needs more Call of Duty in it. I really wasn't sure which game they were referring to. (For those of you who were also unsure: It's Call of Duty.)

14. Re: X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans Feb 26, 2014, 11:34 Creston

InBlack wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 10:13:
Considering how fubared Rebirth was, maybe just scrapping it and starting over from scratch would be the wiser course of action...

The only way they would ever get anyone to play it would be if they gave it away for free to all the people who bought this turd, and they just don't have that kind of cash flow.

I'm pretty convinced they were completely out of money and that's why they released Rebirth, but it's still a giant kick in the balls of all your fans.

13. Re: X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans Feb 26, 2014, 11:33 Creston

nin wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 09:38:
They should name a patch "Creston's Disappointment".

No, that was the release. Every subsequent patch has been named "Creston's Utter Amazement At Just How Fucking Broken This Piece Of Shit Was."

They have, to date, fixed no fewer than 24 separate crash bugs. (And that's the absolute low end. It's likely been a lot more.)

TWENTY-FUCKING-FOUR CRASH BUGS.

12. Re: X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans Feb 26, 2014, 11:31 Creston

I still have a pretty sour taste in my mouth over X-Stillbirth, but I will again give credit to Egosoft, at least they're working on it. Not just bugfixes, of which there have been hundreds (it has again been incredible just how utterly fucking USELESS Ego's testers are. And there have been complaints about the shitty shitty shitty testing they do with every single product, and yet Ego continues to use them...) but also actively changing gameplay such as the mind-numbingly boring highway 'gameplay.'

But it'll take at least another 6 months, and probably more like 12, before this is even remotely the game it was pretending to be.

:-shrug-:

News Comments > Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll
5. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 26, 2014, 11:26 Creston

Yes, sell it! Sell everything! People are apparently thrilled at the prospect of buying Yet Another Ship for a game they won't see for at least a year, so why not? Milk 'em for all they're worth.

This comment was edited on Feb 26, 2014, 11:47.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 25, 2014, 19:02 Creston

*slow clap*

Well said, Mr. Nilay Patel. Well said indeed.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
2. Re: Evening Screenshots Feb 25, 2014, 18:52 Creston

Looks like Deus Ex to me.  

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Paid WoW Leveling
2. Re: Blizzard Confirms Paid WoW Leveling Feb 25, 2014, 18:50 Creston

"It's tremendously awkward to tell someone that you should buy two copies of the expansion just to get a second 90

errr... wouldn't that actually be CHEAPER?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 25, 2014, 16:16 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 16:11:
Hi, we're Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley of The Last of Us and The Last of Us- Left Behind at Naughty Dog. AUA.

Yeah, when the HELL are you bringing your games to the goddamn PC??!!!

It's a Sony studio. Why would they bring their games to the PC?

jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 16:10:
Of course, neither of them compare to Lursa and B'Etor. Now THEY were Hot!

o_O

14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 15:39 Creston

Pigeon wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 14:46:
Chips with a sandwich is weird? That's been like defacto American lunch since man first dipped thin sliced potato into hot boiling lard.

I can sort of see it with a sandwich, though it isn't my thing, but I'm specifically talking about people eating meat and potatoes for dinner, and then having a side of fucking potato chips with it. (Hi America, that is why you're fat.)

13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 15:37 Creston

Verno wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 13:44:
Bahaha NBC failed at bringing back 1997 so its going with 2007 instead, apparently they're trying to relaunch Heroes as a miniseries next year. Who exactly was even asking for this? The general public tuned out after the disappointing end to the first season and almost every sane fan ended up hating it by the end of its run.

No, I'm actually going to disagree with you on that. The first season was awesome. They badly fucked up in the second season by quickly rewriting episode 12 to force an ending right before the writers' strike, which completely tore all their dangling plotlines to shreds.

They still had plenty of fans at this point, but season 3 was basically terrible. The first few episodes were pretty good, with future Peter trying to prevent his future, and in doing so messing loads of things up, but then it went downhill really fast.

They got desperate then for season 4, started messing with things, made Claire the #1 most important character (which led to the most ridiculous 'lesbian kiss' ever), and it all sealed the deal even though the storyline of season 4 was actually pretty good.

By this point they didn't have enough viewers left to justify the spiraling costs of the show, and they canceled it, despite the core fan audience still numbering in the millions.

Those fans have almost constantly been clamoring for the story line to get finished. NBC has hinted at allowing a short series or movie to 'wrap things up', but that never came to anything.

So at first I thought this mini-series was supposed to be that wrap-up, but it appears to be an attempt to reboot it. I guess if they make it a 13 episode series, they can keep costs low enough that the few million fans heroes still has make it worth it.

Fox is basically doing the same thing with the 24 mini-series coming this summer. (Which has me excited to NO END, because I absolutely fucking LOVE 24.)

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 25, 2014, 13:08 Creston

Redmask wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 07:18:
It's ok that robots will be smarter than us because they will still get their marching orders from us and have no form of sentience. Contrary to what most think, it's nothing something you can program either. It is completely ridiculous that anyone believes machines would ever attain self awareness in a meaningful way. The sort of advanced AI we'll get is what you see in Robot and Frank, not Terminator.

"Reassemble, Stephanie! Reassemble!"

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Preorder Bonuses
12. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Preorder Bonuses Feb 25, 2014, 13:05 Creston

Verno wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 10:52:
I'm going to pick up the PS4 version when it goes on sale for $40.00 since it includes the base game + xpac. My GF and I played the PS3 version which was actually very fun compared to my memories of the PC version.

PS4 version? Base game plus expansion?

/gets interested.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Preorder Bonuses
11. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Preorder Bonuses Feb 25, 2014, 13:04 Creston

Valla the Demon Hunter: Unlock Valla the Demon Hunter in Heroes of the Storm—our upcoming free-to-play online team brawler featuring iconic Blizzard characters, fast-paced combat, and epic battlegrounds.

{James May}
Wooooooow.
{/James May}

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 12:37 Creston

Rhett wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 12:07:
The crunch can be good... but Subway manages to make it look very unappealing. Last time I was in one (a couple weeks), the pocket for fritos was almost entirely empty too. Someone's buying it...

*shudders*

I mean, Americans eat some really weird combinations (like ham sandwiches with fucking MAYO on them!) but that just... ugh. It was already weird to me to see people eating chips as part of a meal, but okay. But to put them ON your sandwich?

22100 Comments. 1105 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo