Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 23797 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Aug 26, 2014, 22:46 Creston

My dog has to go into surgery on Thursday, followed by 8 - 16 weeks of rehab.

Happy dog day, Luna.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA's $1B DLC Goal
14. Re: EA's $1B DLC Goal Aug 26, 2014, 22:43 Creston

Beamer wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 21:04:
Outside of, arguably, Fallout 3, I haven't played a single game that's been gimped.

That... that's your one shining example? Fallout 3??

News Comments > EA's $1B DLC Goal
13. Re: EA's $1B DLC Goal Aug 26, 2014, 22:42 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 20:05:
DLC in Madden, what you have to buy the 4th quarter separately?

Buy the Ultimate Field Goal / PAT Pack, for just $4.99!

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Kotaku Aug 26, 2014, 22:40 Creston

We've also agreed that funding any developers through services such as Patreon introduce needless potential conflicts of interest and are therefore nixing any such contributions by our writers.

Why? Just admit you're nothing but a bunch of game bloggers who suck publisher ass, and you can do whatever the hell you want. Nobody wants you to stop funding developers. We want you to stop pretending like you're anything but a paid shill.

That's a debate for journalism critics.

Which has nothing to do with you, since there's not a single actual journalist working for you there.

Ultimately, I believe you readers want the same thing my team, without exception, wants: a site that feels bullshit-free and independent, that tells you about what's cool and interesting about gaming in a fair way that you can trust. I look forward to focusing ever more sharply on that mission. joining you in the search for that mythical Valhalla.

Stop being a tit, Stephen Totilo. You know your site is nothing but a publisher mouthpiece. You're a GoDaddy girl for the game industry.

Just admit it and keep doing what you have been doing. The millions of mouthbreather Sony/MS fanboys will still keep visiting your marketoid site for all the amazing hype/advertising you spew about new games. Nothing would change, except you could stop with these inane editorials where you so desperately try to make it appear as if you're actually unbiased.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 26, 2014, 22:30 Creston

Google buying Twitch = ANTITRUST BAD FOR CONSUMERS OMG WILL NOBODY THINK OF TEH COMPETITION!!!11!!!

Comcast buying NBC = perfectly fine.

(Soon to be followed by Comcast buying Time Warner = perfectly fine and AT&T buying DirecTV = perfectly fine.)

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Evening Previews Aug 26, 2014, 22:29 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 19:31:
Besides all that, it's not clear whether this'll actually be a game, or just another sandbox "do what you want" style

Isn't that what most people want out of a game like this? What would you call SimCity 4? To me that was a "do what you want" sandbox.

News Comments > etc., etc.
17. Re: etc., etc. Aug 26, 2014, 13:26 Creston

The only thing I really dislike in the E:D video is the absolutely absurd amount of "space dust" flying by the cockpit whenever even the slightest amount of speed is attained. When he's slowly tumbling backwards, the fucking dust flies by as if he's going FTL. And there's SO.RIDICULOUSLY.MUCH of it. If they'd draw 1/10th of that amount of white shit, the effect of "you are actually moving" would be exactly the same.

I hope they'll clear some of that out, because ugh, it distracts me even just watching that video.

News Comments > Amazon Buys Twitch
35. Re: Amazon Buys Twitch Aug 26, 2014, 12:58 Creston

Frijoles wrote on Aug 25, 2014, 23:56:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 25, 2014, 21:37:
What would you even do with almost a billion dollars?

Two chicks at the same time, man.

You win.

News Comments > Win8 Age of Empires: Castle Siege Announced
35. Re: Win8 Age of Empires: Castle Siege Announced Aug 26, 2014, 12:53 Creston

"Build a castle city, defend against marauders and, when your army is ready, lay siege to opponents. All before breakfast! (*)"

(*) Finishing before breakfast only possible when progress is liberally funded through Empire Coins, available in-game for $4.99 each.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2014, 12:50 Creston

Cats of WWI. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

News Comments > Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming
136. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 26, 2014, 12:02 Creston

ASeven wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 04:44:
Words from an actual, real feminist on this matter.

A new picture detailing the conflict of interest between Nathan and Zoe.

Another picture demonstrating another conflict of interest between the Gone Home devs and Polygon.

The pics were interesting. The feminist article was waaaaaaaayyy too long, but I did glimpse this paragraph at the end:

That’s what’s so frustrating about all of this. We loved Kotaku, and Polygon, and VICE, and their “independent voices” in this otherwise-unbearable media environment. We came to trust them, and that trust doesn’t come easy. Only after we came to trust them did we read their articles faithfully, view their links as legitimate, and accept their messages as truth.

Holy shit, you accepted Kotaku as some kind of bastion of integrity and truth? KOTAKU??

I... I don't even...

40. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2014, 23:37 Creston

nin wrote on Aug 25, 2014, 16:04:
We may have to hold a contest as to who can order the kinkiest, dirty thing from amazon.

I think I'll order that Hello Kitty lingerie NOT through the link here...

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 25, 2014, 23:35 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Aug 25, 2014, 20:50:
I wonder if Comcast will pull the same crap with Steam that it does with Netflix.

It's not a case of "will pull." It's a case of "They already do."

28. Re: Amazon Buys Twitch Aug 25, 2014, 23:34 Creston

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 25, 2014, 21:37:
What would you even do with almost a billion dollars?

Well, half of that goes to the gubmint straight away.

27. Re: Amazon Buys Twitch Aug 25, 2014, 23:29 Creston

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 25, 2014, 20:44:
You know, if you're in the red you're losing money faster than you can make it.

This is a big corporation, not your weekly grocery budget. They are in the red continuously because they keep expanding their business. Like Beamer said, they basically put every dollar straight back in the company.

What happens when Amazon builds new warehouses worth over a billion dollars? They amortize them over five years, and that's 200 million dollars per year they can write off against their revenue. (And they invest a lot more than that into infrastructure each year.)

Those are the kind of things why they're in the red. Amazon is making enormous revenues, and if they chose to just sit on them rather that continuously reinvesting them to make themselves bigger and stronger, they'd make quite a bit of profit.

What they're doing is spending money they don't have on the basis that it will be leveraged against future earnings, which is a terrible way to run a business.

Yeah, that's not what they're doing. They had 75 BILLION dollars in revenue last year. The idea that they have no money is laughable.

Now, they could be tapping into a vast backup reserve, but that's not ever mentioned.

What would you call investors then, if not a vast backup reserve? And again, most of the money Amazon spends is from revenue. 75 billion dollars worth.

That said, while investors have been fine with Amazon continuously reinvesting and being in the red, it seems some of them are starting to feel that Amazon needs to focus on profits a little more, or at least stop putting so much money in what they see as ancillary business.

26. Re: Amazon Buys Twitch Aug 25, 2014, 23:18 Creston

Err, so what happened to the Google buyout then?

27. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2014, 16:01 Creston

Flo wrote on Aug 25, 2014, 15:59:
Blue, do you also get a cut when I order through amazon.de ?

I doubt it, but try it out.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2014, 16:01 Creston

SlimRam wrote on Aug 25, 2014, 15:27:
Blue wrote on Aug 25, 2014, 12:16:

I appreciate your guys' willingness to go through some aggravation for this. From what I can see of Amazon's reporting system, I won't be able to see items ordered until the following day, so I may not know about today's activity until tomorrow.
Wait, sooooo like...well this is ALL hypothetical *cough* so...uh...IF someone was to order a book through the ad that MIGHT be called, "Adult Male Bedwetting - A Self-Help Guide To Stopping The Midnight Menace" uh... Blue do you actually SEE everything that people buy...uh...hypothetically ofcourse *cough*

You, sir, are truly insane.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2014, 15:59 Creston

Blue wrote on Aug 25, 2014, 11:21:
This works if our referral id is part of the URL, but I'm not sure it does if it isn't, so as someone pointed out, simply clicking on the Amazon logo to go back to their front page may be enough to void this. I believe the essential part of the referral code is: "&tag=blsne09-20".

I don't think so, to be honest. I definitely went to Amazon's main page first after clicking through the link here, then did a search for Breaking Bad, and the 3 dvds show up in your list. If a single search would void it, it'd become almost unusable. Someone would have to buy the exact item linked, and nothing else, or the referral would go away, and judging by the items in the Amazon Orders post, I doubt anyone got to any of those from a direct link.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2014, 12:35 Creston

nin wrote on Aug 25, 2014, 12:13:
Will W wrote on Aug 25, 2014, 12:10:
Ok, I emptied out my cart and closed the window. Then I clicked through the link. I did see the referral code on the inital page, but it disappeared once I went past that page. (I am a prime member, don't know if that matters)

Same experience here: Once I did a search, I believe it disappeared. Hopefully it still applies, and is in a cookie or such.

It would almost have to be in a cookie, as the checkout system wouldn't know what to do with a referral section in the URL, I think.

23797 Comments. 1190 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo