Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 22111 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2014, 11:35 Creston

Great article about potentially saving the Columbia. Very much worth a read.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gone Gold - Titanfall
12. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 11:23 Creston

If a picture was worth a thousand pixels, maybe they could get to 1080P!

*badum psssshhh*

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
21. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 27, 2014, 11:20 Creston

Well of course it isn't. Is anyone still surprised about that decrepit piece of shit not having the power to do anything?  

News Comments > Grim Dawn Early Access Gets Act II
4. Re: Grim Dawn Early Access Gets Act II Feb 27, 2014, 11:18 Creston

Optional nickname wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 11:07:
great timing! looks like I'll be playing this instead of D3 vfuckyoufans2.01

That's not entirely accurate. It's D3 Vpleasecomebackwe'vechangedpleaseplease2.01.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Shadowrun: Dragonfall
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Shadowrun: Dragonfall Feb 27, 2014, 11:17 Creston

Woooooooooooo!

News Comments > New Croteam IP Teased
1. Re: New Croteam IP Teased Feb 27, 2014, 11:17 Creston

Holy hell, Croteam is still in business?  

News Comments > X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans
33. Re: X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans Feb 26, 2014, 23:25 Creston

AP was mostly community stuff, but TC was theirs.

Also, the X3 engine is a single threaded engine. There's no way to turn it into a multi-threaded engine without basically rewriting the whole thing. It's not a matter of putting a

multithread=yes

into a config file. Sadly.

But yeah, I kinda agree with harlock. I don't think they're going to survive beyond their next game.

30. Re: X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans Feb 26, 2014, 18:56 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 18:42:
Don't be so quick to blame the testers. For all we know there's a backlog of 1000 known bugs in their system that they never got to before release. Given that they released on Nov 15, obviously they were trying to make the winter buying season. So, there was a decision to push on that date, ready or not. Not sure the testers, or even the devs, had anything to do with that.

This isn't the first rodeo Ego's been in. Every single time, their games ship in an absolutely appalling state. And every time, Bernd or CBJ goes onto their forum and goes "We're really sorry about this. None of testers ever found these issues during our beta."

So either they are flatout lying, which is possible, (but if that's the case why still test for them if you get thrown under the bus like that?) or their testers are truly incompetent. Which isn't really even a bash on them, as they're just fans who are trying to help out. But after FIVE games released in various states of quality ranging from "needs quite a bit more work" to "just plain broken", is it that hard to see that their current testing setup, with those guys who signed NDAs, JUST ISN'T FUCKING WORKING?

And it IS partially Egosoft's fault, because for Rebirth, they gave the testers a version of the game with a sped-up economy. Ie, they weren't even playing the game that was going to be actually shipped to customers (Brilliant decision there, Bernd!)

I've talked to many, if not all of their testers, on the forums over the years. They all swear that they never found these bugs that people are running into. Even the X3 one, where performance cratered for 100% of all people after an X (pun! Lulz!) amount of hours, they apparently never found it. So I don't know what the fuck they are doing when they're testing, but it's not actually, you know, testing.

Their current system isn't working. It needs to change. Whoever's fault it is. Then again, it likely doesn't matter. Nobody but a few hundred die-hards is buying Egosoft's next game until it's been out at least six to twelve months, and Egosoft won't be able to survive that financially anyway.

News Comments > Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll
33. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 26, 2014, 18:45 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 17:35:
/shit - 3 posts from you and all in this thread. Fell for it.

Yep, you did.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2014, 14:59 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 13:50:
This Man Has Survived on Pizza Alone for 25 Years.

It's odd to think that people can survive on such a limited diet.

The human body is able to deal with incredible amounts of abuse when you're young(er). That ability rapidly dwindles once you pass 40, though.

Also:

Beyond the fact that his diet is completely horrifying, he also has diabetes and frequently gets low blood sugar. When his blood sugar dips into the danger zone, it sometimes results in his blacking out on the kitchen floor in his underwear with frozen food scattered around him.

I'm not so sure that I'd consider this individual to be a paragon of health.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
19. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 26, 2014, 14:53 Creston

I do not in any way, shape or form condone attacking someone, especially women, but why the fuck would you wear your Google Glass when you go to a fucking BAR?

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2014, 13:25 Creston

Cutter wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 12:03:
And you Spocks gonna' go all Par Fon.

Par what?

Do you mean Pon Far?

News Comments > Call of Duty Elite Ends Friday
7. Re: Call of Duty Elite Ends Friday Feb 26, 2014, 13:24 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 12:32:
Beamer wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 12:21:
It was slower and less useful to create classes than in-game, and it never gave the stats you wanted to see or presented them in a way you wanted to view them.
Yeahh but did you see the fish Ai in Ghost? That was some amazing shit man.

And it had a dog! And you got to PLAY AS THE DOG!!!!

4. Re: Call of Duty Elite Ends Friday Feb 26, 2014, 11:59 Creston

nin wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 11:51:
Creston wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 11:44:
This announcement needs more Call of Duty in it. I really wasn't sure which game they were referring to. (For those of you who were also unsure: It's Call of Duty.)

Needs more ®!

As® noted® back® in® October® 2013®, Call® of® Duty® Elite® was® designed® to® work® with® prior® Call® of® Duty® games® and® has® begun® winding® down® support® for® those® titles® since® late® last® year®, which® ends® on® February® 28®, 2014®. We’ve® taken® all® the® key® learnings® and® fan® feedback® to® create® the® Call® of® Duty® app® for® Call® of® Duty®: Ghosts®, which® takes® some® of® the® best® and® most® popular® features® of® Call® of® Duty® Elite® and® introduces® new® elements® such® as® Call® of® Duty® Clan® Wars®. Download® the® Call® of® Duty® app® now® at® http://callofduty.com/app (®), and® join® in® the® Call® of® Duty® Clan® Wars® fun® today®.

You just made Bobby Kotick cream in his pants at the thought of owning all those words.

(Legal Disclaimer: Bobby Kotick owns the words 'cream', 'in' and 'pants', as well as any concept relating thereto. If you therefore ever "cream in your pants", you owe a licensing fee.)

19. Re: X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans Feb 26, 2014, 11:56 Creston

Creston's Raised Eyebrow... ?

28. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2014, 11:53 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 17:40:
Creston wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 11:28:
Yeah, when I saw that commercial I was thinking to myself "Who the fuck wants FRITOS on their sandwich??"

My daughter loves stuffing chips into her sandwiches.

Kids do weird shit, so that's forgiven. I took a bunch of kids from church to Micky D's, and a ten year old got an order of fries and a frosty. Then she proceeded to dip the fries into the frosty before eating them...

I just can't imagine that Subway is focusing this on kids, as it's not exactly their target market.

1. Re: Call of Duty Elite Ends Friday Feb 26, 2014, 11:44 Creston

This announcement needs more Call of Duty in it. I really wasn't sure which game they were referring to. (For those of you who were also unsure: It's Call of Duty.)

14. Re: X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans Feb 26, 2014, 11:34 Creston

InBlack wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 10:13:
Considering how fubared Rebirth was, maybe just scrapping it and starting over from scratch would be the wiser course of action...

The only way they would ever get anyone to play it would be if they gave it away for free to all the people who bought this turd, and they just don't have that kind of cash flow.

I'm pretty convinced they were completely out of money and that's why they released Rebirth, but it's still a giant kick in the balls of all your fans.

13. Re: X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans Feb 26, 2014, 11:33 Creston

nin wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 09:38:
They should name a patch "Creston's Disappointment".

No, that was the release. Every subsequent patch has been named "Creston's Utter Amazement At Just How Fucking Broken This Piece Of Shit Was."

They have, to date, fixed no fewer than 24 separate crash bugs. (And that's the absolute low end. It's likely been a lot more.)

TWENTY-FUCKING-FOUR CRASH BUGS.

12. Re: X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans Feb 26, 2014, 11:31 Creston

I still have a pretty sour taste in my mouth over X-Stillbirth, but I will again give credit to Egosoft, at least they're working on it. Not just bugfixes, of which there have been hundreds (it has again been incredible just how utterly fucking USELESS Ego's testers are. And there have been complaints about the shitty shitty shitty testing they do with every single product, and yet Ego continues to use them...) but also actively changing gameplay such as the mind-numbingly boring highway 'gameplay.'

But it'll take at least another 6 months, and probably more like 12, before this is even remotely the game it was pretending to be.

:-shrug-:

22111 Comments. 1106 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo