Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 24240 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Wings! Remastered Edition
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Wings! Remastered Edition Oct 17, 2014, 21:38 Creston

It was a great game in its day (most Cinemaware's games were pretty sweet), and I'd gladly pick this up for nostalgia's sake, IF it's cheap.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hatred Announced
45. Re: Hatred Announced Oct 17, 2014, 15:51 Creston

PHJF wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 13:58:
I got a kick out of watching Jason Voorhees slaughter nubile teens for years.

Right there with ya, buddy!

Chris Hansen??!

News Comments > Project CARS Delayed
6. Re: Project CARS Delayed Oct 17, 2014, 15:30 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 15:21:
See EA and Dice? Was that so hard? When your game is a buggy mess in October, you push the release date, not push an unfinished game onto on unsuspecting public just to make a Xmas deadline.

*Five slackjawed drooling EA execs are sitting in a room, trying to comprehend your argument. They fail.*

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2014, 11:46 Creston

That poor doggie being allergic to humans...

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Changing Based on Beta
13. Re: Battlefield Hardline Changing Based on Beta Oct 17, 2014, 11:45 Creston

They sound like pretty cool changes.  

News Comments > Project CARS Delayed
3. Re: Project CARS Delayed Oct 17, 2014, 11:43 Creston

which they admit is as much to avoid competing with a bunch of higher-profile releases as it is to add more polish to the game

Makes a lot of sense.

News Comments > Hatred Announced
19. Re: Hatred Announced Oct 16, 2014, 23:32 Creston

But yeah, it's our / the gamers' fault that gaming is still considered infantile. Logic.

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2014, 23:38.

News Comments > Trine Series Sells 7M; Editors Released
11. Re: Trine Series Sells 7M; Editors Released Oct 16, 2014, 23:31 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 22:05:
I understand they re-did T1 using the T2 engine. Has anyone played that?

Yeah, I did. Honestly, it's not worth replaying just for that. It does look a bit better, but the original was a very nice looking game, and it doesn't get that much better. They also redid some of the puzzles, but I can't really say that they got easier or harder, as I never really got stuck in Trine unless I happened to just not see a particular passageway or something.

News Comments > Trine Series Sells 7M; Editors Released
10. Re: Trine Series Sells 7M; Editors Released Oct 16, 2014, 23:24 Creston

7 million? Holy crap. They are great developers, so definitely well-deserved.  

News Comments > etc.
42. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2014, 18:01 Creston

Beamer wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 17:53:
Creston, I know it's hard to see, but read this CGW editorial from 1997. I found it randomly by flipping through an old CGW for another topic earlier this week.

Good article. Amazing it came out in 1997.

Basically, it says the same thing. Gamers tend to be mature, reasonable, responsible individuals, but games are so often aimed at complete morons and nitwits. It was worse then, as the ads in that CGW are cringeworthy (I was mocking them before finding this editorial), but it's still true to an extent today.

So why are GAMERS being blamed for this then? Why isn't the blame being placed solely on the publishers? (or even the devs who keep making these games.) Oh wait, the publishers are the ones who pay the bloggers, so obviously they can't be blamed. Ah, let's just piss off our customers, then. That ALWAYS works out well, in any industry.

I mean, people on this very board constantly bemoan how AAA publishers are putting out stupid shit for the lowest common denominator, so I really just don't get how this is so controversial.

Who is supposed to fix that then, according to you? We, the gamers? What kind of horseshit logic is that?? Yes, there are terrible pieces of human offal among gamers. There are terrible pieces of shit everywhere in the world. Why have the pieces of shit in gaming suddenly become OUR problem??

Fuck Leigh Alexander and her pretentious bullshit.

News Comments > Star Citizen @ $58M
30. Re: Star Citizen Passes $58M Oct 16, 2014, 17:49 Creston

Bundy wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 14:08:
Why not just take SC's G-Force blackout idea and apply it to ED. You can Yaw and Pitch more realistically, but do it too quick too much and you puke all over your throttle.

SC has G forces? Or rather, they don't have (technobabble) inertial dampening technology? How do you go FTL without becoming a molecular smear on the back of your cockpit then?

News Comments > etc.
39. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2014, 17:40 Creston

Beamer wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 16:39:
She said that the group of "gamers" that fit the stereotypical description exists and that, while it may be a small group, it is the group that too many publishers still cater too.

Which is horseshit, because in her retarded universe in which she is the Queen Shit, all these 'gamer' neckbeards are guys who have been gaming since the 70s/80s, so all these guys are now in their late 30s, early 40s.

Which publishers target games at the 30-40 bracket exactly? Because pretty much every single AAA game is marketed at the male 14-24 crowd.

But hey, what's an extra straw man here or there?

News Comments > Morning Patches
5. Re: Morning Patches Oct 16, 2014, 17:34 Creston

I'm really struggling to finish the game. My party has looooooong since been maxed out on combat skills, so every battle is just a boring attrition fest of me deciding which 3 mooks to kill each round.

Just walking through LA is fucking agony. Start at Ranger outpost, walk to Angel Citadel. Get random encounter about halfway there, chance to run 0% (because in LA, skills that aren't level 10 don't do shit, so fuck you with your Outdoorsman 7!). Fight 10 Children of the Citadel, so first unequip all armor so I don't get fucking roasted by their ten million energy weapons, kill 3 mooks per round, battle ends.

Game has put me back at Ranger Outpost. Awesome. Put all my armor back on. Travel to Angel Citadel. Halfway there, random encounter with Mannerites. Funny, I've helped the mannerites with like 5 or 6 different things, but no, in the random encounter they still attack you. Kill 8 mooks.

Hey, I'm still where I was when the encounter started. Sweet. Continue walking. 0.0002 seconds later. Random encounter. Kill 2 droids. 0.00002 seconds later, kill 10 nurses of the something or other. 0.000002 seconds later, random encounter with whatever other fucking faction I was missing, because apparently everyone fucking HATES the desert rangers.

Finally get to Angel Citadel. Do the one minor thing I was here to do. Now I have to go to Hollywood. Halfway there, random encounter. After killing 10 more mooks, I've been placed back at Angel Citadel... walk to Hollywood again, halfway there, random encounter. 0.00002 seconds later, random encounter. etc etc etc ad fucking nauseam.

And every single one of the battles is boring as fuck with maxed combat skills. I guess I probably shouldn't have maxed those out so soon, but then again I didn't know that every other skill that is NOT at level 10 is basically worthless in LA, so it seemed logical to make sure I could at least fight stuff properly.

Blegh. I may not even finish it. How much more is there after Hollywood?

News Comments > Star Citizen CitizenCon Trailers
15. Re: Star Citizen CitizenCon Trailers Oct 16, 2014, 16:38 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 16:06:
Kosumo wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 16:04:
They'll fund them by selling capital ships for like $25,000 each.
That or they sell tickets to the attendees, and have a few sponsors as well like Doritos and Mountain Dew or something.

WHAT??!!!!

#StarCitizenDoritoGate

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2014, 16:33 Creston

Sneaky dogs video is pretty funny, and if you just let it run, it'll cycle through a dozen or so really cute dog/cat videos.  

News Comments > etc.
17. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2014, 15:34 Creston

Desalus wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 11:34:
honestly I don't understand why so many gamers are riled up about this shit that in the end doesn't even matter.

It's really not that many people. It's just a very loud few hundred that keep flinging shit, and a very loud few asshole game bloggers who keep stoking the fire with horseshit editorials.

PropheT wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 11:52:
It seems to me that people who were concerned about gaming and games journalism abandoned all this a while ago already.

Exactly.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 16, 2014, 15:25 Creston

And zero fucks were given by all.  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2014, 23:31 Creston

How ABOUT them Royals??  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2014, 12:50 Creston

Awesome postseason so far. Annoying that my Cardinals are AGAIN getting their asses kicked by the Giants, but even so they are still great games to watch.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Apple Users Forced to Play U2s Free Album on their Hilariously Expensive Mobile Gadgets Oct 15, 2014, 12:45 Creston

UHD wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 12:17:
I doubt there'd be any uproar whatsoever if they just made the album available for free for a limited time but you had to go get it yourself.

Doesn't seem to be that difficult to understand, but I guess it is for some.

It wouldn't even have been so bad if you could fucking HIDE the damn album, but nope. Fuck Apple and Fuck Bono. (Because he gave the okay for this shit to be done.)

This comment was edited on Oct 15, 2014, 12:52.

24240 Comments. 1212 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo