Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 22997 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Stardock Working on Eight Games
4. Re: Stardock Working on Eight Games Jun 5, 2014, 00:08 Creston

So... they're not making anywhere near enough money on mobile in comparison to even PC DLC, but they continue to support mobile as an investment in the future? This makes no sense.

Neither does working on EIGHT games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
43. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2014, 20:51 Creston

nin wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 18:03:
BA Expressway, westbound, left lane, right before the Sheridan exit? Exact same deal there - guy in front rapidly slowed, to the point that I wasn't sure I was going to stop in time. Once we hit the water, I suddenly knew why he slowed...almost a pants peeing couple of moments.

Mine was on 169 southbound, right at the 61st street exit. It dips quite badly there, and on really bad days they even close it down because of all the water.

It might have helped if they had put the drain at the actual BOTTOM of the dip, rather than about five feet before it gets there, but even so, if the rain would sink through the asphalt rather than just run down the concrete, it wouldn't be an issue.

We should just pay the Germans to come do our roads.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jun 4, 2014, 17:26 Creston

Cutter wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 13:34:
But going around killing and robbing white people is perfectly acceptable is it? Kotaku clickbait is just always wrong on just about every level.

The clickbait section really needs to become a permanent feature here, and every Kotaku article can immediately and automatically be relegated to it.

41. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2014, 17:24 Creston

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 13:20:
I'm not saying you're wrong Creston, but it seems there's a far amount of stuff done in Europe, that doesn't scale well for the US. I can't say if ZOA asphalt is or isn't an example of that.

There's no point in putting ZOAB on every road in the US, obviously that'd bankrupt the country, but when I see highways here in Tulsa that turn into fucking swimming pools when rain falls, I'd imagine that some ZOAB could probably save some lives.

Two weeks ago in terrible rain guys in front of me on the highway suddenly start braking like crazy, swerving into other lains, and before I really figured out what was happening, I suddenly splashed into roughly a foot and a half of standing water. Had the entire highway been ZOAB, it would never have gathered there.

Put it on the busiest and most dangerous roads and it WILL help. Or, we can just do what the US always does, and pretend no better solutions for anything exist, and keep putting down shitty-ass concrete that tears in a year, then smear a 1/2 inch layer of the cheapest and most worthless asphalt on top, and wonder why people keep aquaplaning off the road.

News Comments > NVIDIA Enhancing Ubisoft PC Games
14. Re: NVIDIA Enhancing Ubisoft PC Games Jun 4, 2014, 17:10 Creston

Yay.  

News Comments > Sniper Elite V2 Free Today
1. Re: Sniper Elite V2 Free Today Jun 4, 2014, 17:10 Creston

free game = fantastic  

News Comments > Dying Light E3 Trailer
4. Re: Dying Light E3 Trailer Jun 4, 2014, 17:01 Creston

It looks awesome to me, but I never played Dead Island, so maybe that has something to do with it.

I'm definitely freaking excited for it. Can't wait to play it.

39. Re: Why Solar Roadways Won't Work Jun 4, 2014, 12:57 Creston

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 16:47:
His first complaint is that asphalt is such a wonderful, grippy surface and glass is not. Which is bullshit, as anyone in a state where it rains a lot or freezes in the winter can tell you. Get an inch of rain and your wonderful asphalt is about as grippy as ice.

Shitty American asphalt is, yes.

Well Constructed Asphalt is not. That wiki is in Dutch, so not very useful to you prolly, but the second screenshot on the right shows a road with normal asphalt (ie, the cheap shit the US uses) on the right, and it's wet and slippery, and ZOAB on the left, and the road on the left is basically dry.

ZOAB is porous asphalt, so the rain sinks through it and is then drained to the sides. Tests have shown that it can handle four to fives inches of rainfall an hour (which is like tropical deluge) before it gets overwhelmed.

Why doesn't the US use it? Well, because it's obviously more expensive, and because there is literally not a single human being in the DoT with an IQ above 60.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2014, 11:58 Creston

I'd forgotten exactly what happened between the mountain and the red viper, so I looked it up. yeah that's pretty graphic.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Released
38. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 11:37 Creston

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 10:27:
Feels good and the flight model is thruster corrected Newtonian. You'll continue to travel for a short bit in the last direction of momentum before correction occurs and you go zipping off in the selected direction.

That's awesome. Privateer had that, and it allowed you to powerslide through space

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Released
37. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 11:34 Creston

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 11:04:
Looking good.

Screenshot 1 Screenshot 2 Screenshot 3

That planet looks gorgeous.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jun 4, 2014, 00:07 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 20:48:
Is that a rule in the pros? Strike out on 3 but if the catcher drops the ball, you can run anyway?

Not just in the pros. That's a rule pretty much as far down as little league.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 4, 2014, 00:05 Creston

Tom Wheeler is now sitting there going "LALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" while his ears are clogged up with Comcast dollars.

The fucking asswheel.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Destiny is the Jun 3, 2014, 18:54 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 17:52:
NamecaF wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 09:55:
Don't they mean "Last Gen and Current Gen" since the "next gen" consoles are already out?

Next gen is now current gen.

From a marketing perspective, that's a bad thing to say. HE should have said, "This game looks and plays great on both platforms." His current comments make it sound like the newer consoles are getting a last-gen game.

That's exactly what they're getting, so at least he's honest about it, but yeah, Bobby Kotick's marketing peons are undoubtedly throwing fits right now.

News Comments > Ex-Irrational Devs Announce The Black Glove
5. Re: Ex-Irrational Devs Announce The Black Glove Jun 3, 2014, 12:48 Creston

Eh, at least it's a fairly original idea. It depends on how much you could alter, and how extensive the changes are through time. It might be interesting.  

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jun 3, 2014, 12:46 Creston

Orogogus wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 04:24:
Creston wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 21:33:
It also doesn't even make sense within their own technology. Why isn't the inertial dampener countering that inertia as well? I can see it not engaging under a certain threshold, otherwise they couldn't even move around, but when a crew member is flung across the deck, the inertial dampener should simply prevent that from happening.

According to the comments on that page, the inertial dampener gets its input from the ship's computers or whatever, it's meant to be countering inertia from known acceleration, not so much unexpected blasts and crashes.

That still makes no sense. The Enterprise computer is so powerful and so fast that in between the nanosecond it takes for the blast to hit the shields and the kinetic energy to transfer to the crew, it could have calculated and adjusted the inertial dampener 2 billion times over while taking a vacation.

But I'm nitpicking. It's still funny to see them shake around in behind-the-scenes footage, and I never get tire of hearing a director say "Shake!"

News Comments > Xenonauts 1.0 Out; Official Launch This Month
7. Re: Xenonauts 1.0 Out; Official Launch This Month Jun 3, 2014, 12:30 Creston

nin wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 11:49:
Keep meaning to try it as well. Thought we had a few folks a year or so ago that spoke well of it.

I think Prez backed it.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2014, 12:29 Creston

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 09:07:
Apologies for yielding to what might seem to some as sensationalist press but this one shocked me. Two 12 yrs. stab a friend over 19 times. Police claim they planned it for months and had a sleep over with the victim the night before the attack.

Crazy and sad.

... holy shit.

News Comments > Crytek Announces HUNT: Horrors of the Gilded Age
9. Re: Crytek Announces HUNT: Horrors of the Gilded Age Jun 3, 2014, 11:32 Creston

Games-as-a-Service. Everyone at EA just jizzed all over themselves.

News Comments > Fable Anniversary for PCs Teased
3. Re: Fable Anniversary for PCs Teased Jun 2, 2014, 21:47 Creston

Fantaz wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 20:57:
i can't imagine that there would be too many ppl interested in this game? amirite?

There must be, otherwise they'd never bother. I have no interest in any Fable game, but it's cool that they'll bring it to the PC.

22997 Comments. 1150 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo