Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 25008 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Lord British's First Game Free on GOG.com
7. Re: Lord British's First Game Free on GOG.com Dec 24, 2014, 14:56 Creston

Hard to argue with free. For his first game this was pretty good, especially since he made it by himself when he was like 17, but unfortunately it's held up even worse than the first 2 Ultimas did. I don't think I could bear playing it for very long anymore.

It was good fun at the time though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2014, 14:54 Creston

Merry Christmas, peeps!  

News Comments > Pardo: Olympics Should Include Esports [Updated]
25. Re: Blizzard: Olympics Should Include Esports Dec 24, 2014, 14:51 Creston

They are not fucking sports, Rob fucking Pardo.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 24, 2014, 02:00 Creston

Redmask wrote on Dec 23, 2014, 17:04:
Wait, you haven't even played it?

|RaptoR| wrote on Dec 23, 2014, 18:06:
Played it or just regurgitating random internet hate?

Played the PS4 version at a buddy's. He isn't very charmed of it, and after about 30 mins, neither was I. (yes, I know, not enough time to evaluate a game, but I didn't really feel like playing more after that.) I avoided it at the start because of the hype, and after playing it for a bit, I was glad I did.

Many people feel the same way about Bungie games, its why they have such a large following. There are a ton of people who still play and love Destiny by the way. It's ok for you to do something but not other people?

I'll consider that a valid argument when Bioware starts hyping their next game as "The biggest new IP launch in gaming history" before it's even released and spends 500 million dollars marketing it, deal?

You cut out the portion of my response where I pointed out that Destiny had relatively open, playable builds so its not like people went into this eyes wide shut. There were chances to evaluate the game outside of TV advertisements and they weren't hard to come by.

Oh, I did do that, my bad.That's a fair argument, and without any kind of numbers it's hard to argue one way or the other as to how much of an effect that had on people's decisions to buy it.

This comment was edited on Dec 24, 2014, 02:34.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
3. Re: Evening Screenshots Dec 24, 2014, 01:57 Creston

nin wrote on Dec 23, 2014, 19:11:
HK?

Yeah, looks like it. SWEEEEEETTTTT

I was hoping they'd make more campaigns. Heck, if they keep making them as great as Dragonfall, I'll gladly keep backing/buying them.

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2014, 01:55 Creston

DA:I must not be selling well if they're already discounting it by 40%. Strange, because Bioware keeps saying on their forum that it's done extremely well.

Maybe it's just not selling well on PC.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2014, 17:05 Creston

Cutter wrote on Dec 23, 2014, 15:24:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 23, 2014, 14:46:
Happy xmas... ehm, but what the heavens is a festivus pole???

That's what she said!

*BOOM*!

Hey, phrasing!

(Archer returns January 8th! WOOO!)

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 23, 2014, 17:02 Creston

Redmask wrote on Dec 23, 2014, 16:17:
We all share some blame, pretty sure you've preordered some EA games too.

I'm not saying I'm blameless in the whole thing, though I avoided Destiny like the plague. Any time Bobby Dipshit says that something "will be the greatest new IP launch in history" that screams "It's nothing but marketing tripe. RUN AWAY!" to me.

I think the marketing was a huge factor but word of mouth on the game was also massive.

But the word of mouth came by and large as a result of the hype. The large majority of gamers will buy shit based off hype. I'm not sure that that really needs to even be argued. And I really wish they'd stop doing that. But then again, one look at the mouth breathers that comment on Kotaku shows that that's something that'll never change. If publishers told these idiots to cut themselves before they'd be allowed to buy the next game, most of them would run to find a fucking knife.

(And hey, the only EA games I've preordered in the last five years or so have been Bioware games, which I basically unanimously love and know I'll get my money and my 100+ hours out of! )

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 23, 2014, 16:57 Creston

Xil wrote on Dec 23, 2014, 13:30:
Creston wrote on Dec 23, 2014, 11:02:
Just goes to show that the large, large, large majority of the game buying audience buys shit based off of hype, rather than actual game quality.

Which explains why Activision and their ilk spend 20 million developing a game, and 500 million marketing it. If they reversed it, few people would likely buy it.

Good job, general game audience.

Man Creston now you made me feel bad! I buy some good games too though, honest!

Nah, to each their own. There have been games that I thought were great that most everyone else thought were shit too. (I LOVED Oblivion, for example.) There are even some people that think X-Rebirth was great.

But Destiny seems to have been nowhere near worth the hype and attention it got (nor the review scores.) and yet the large majority of people who bought it did it because the advertisements seemed cool.

Which is sad, because it means the current status quo of "Produce mediocre game, hype the shit out of it to make it sell" won't even change.

News Comments > CONSORTIUM: The Tower Prophecy Announced
8. Re: CONSORTIUM: The Tower Prophecy Announced Dec 23, 2014, 16:54 Creston

Cutter wrote on Dec 23, 2014, 15:19:
The complaints amount to it's a 3 hour game with no replayability.

The replayability part is definitely not true, as there are quite a few choices you can make that alter things.

I backed them because I keep saying that I'm tired of the gaming industry constantly making the same game, and these guys genuinely tried to make something different with the fourth wall stuff they do. And it was 17 bucks, so eh.

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
4. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Dec 23, 2014, 16:53 Creston

The 344.80s work great for me. They fixed the one major issue I had with DA:I (hard crashes at rift battles), and seem to work fine with FC4 too.

Not sure if I'm gonna upgrade. For some reason, their WHQL drivers seem worse than the betas...

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: AC Unity graphics review Dec 23, 2014, 11:11 Creston

BitWraith wrote on Dec 23, 2014, 08:35:
AC Unity is one of the best looking games I have ever played, it's today's Crysis. I don't remember this much bitching when Crysis came out.

Heh, you may want to go back and refresh your memory then. Crysis got bitched to hell and beyond for being unable to maintain any kind of performance whatsoever, no matter the rig thrown at it. (and it's funny that ten years later, their whole "it's future proofed" thing still doesn't bear out, as even today it still runs like shit.)

In any case, I don't mind a game pushing the graphical envelope, but I do mind a game that tries to push the graphical envelope and can't do so without massive performance issues that require somewhere in the lines of 8 GB worth of 'patches' (read: massive alterations to lighting and the overall map) to fix. YMMV.

And let's just call a spade a spade, it's a shitty fucking port. They just bareboned the entire thing onto DirectX and were really quite surprised when Windows choked the fucking hell out of it.

BitWraith wrote on Dec 23, 2014, 10:41:
There was one odd thing about the game that someone at Ubi might want to look into. Every time I went to the map screen, my video card temps went up like ten degrees. When I left the map screen, they would go back down.

Yeah, no, that sounds great. It's definitely a well-made game!

10. Star Trek 3 gets F&F director. Dec 23, 2014, 11:07 Creston

Oh, goody!

:-vomit-:

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2014, 11:05 Creston

nin wrote on Dec 23, 2014, 09:52:
The Dominant Life Form in the Cosmos Is Probably Superintelligent Robots.

Oh yeah, this'll end well for us!

When the Reapers come, I'm Garrus, and you can be Shepard!

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2014, 11:04 Creston

I'm sure there's a "Sheldon Cooper presents: Fun With Flags!" episode regarding Festivus flags.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 23, 2014, 11:02 Creston

Just goes to show that the large, large, large majority of the game buying audience buys shit based off of hype, rather than actual game quality.

Which explains why Activision and their ilk spend 20 million developing a game, and 500 million marketing it. If they reversed it, few people would likely buy it.

Good job, general game audience.

News Comments > CONSORTIUM: The Tower Prophecy Announced
4. Re: CONSORTIUM: The Tower Prophecy Announced Dec 23, 2014, 10:59 Creston

NamecaF wrote on Dec 23, 2014, 10:15:
nin wrote on Dec 23, 2014, 09:47:
They had a rough launch, so I'm glad they're giving it another shot. I'll prob back them again.

Did you ever play the first one nin? Is it any good/worth grabbing?

I played the very first release and it was crazy buggy, so I held off on playing it again until they released the Final, Final, No Really This Time It's The Final, Final version. They're actually still working on Yet Another Version right now, which contains the backers' special content.

But it was pretty interesting. Good characters and a pretty decent storyline from the few hours I played. It looked okay (it was made with like a $100K budget, so don't expect too much, but it's not ugly or anything, it has a nice art style), and it had some decent gameplay too.

All in all I'd say it's definitely worth picking up for 10 or 15 bucks.

News Comments > GSC Game World Website
7. Re: GSC Game World Website Dec 22, 2014, 22:50 Creston

Duh, I've been so in the "Oh, it's more Stalker news from those guys trying to steal money" mode lately, that I didn't even realize that these are the actually legit guys.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. AC Unity graphics review Dec 22, 2014, 17:22 Creston

To summarize: Holy shit what a fucking hog this game is.

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 22, 2014, 17:15 Creston

Right, but #2 is what made the game special. #1 is just another "Hey, it's zombies!" dime a dozen story that we've seen roughly 89000 times before in the past two years.

25008 Comments. 1251 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo