Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 24503 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2014, 12:29 Creston

Ma?? MAAA???!!! MAAAAAAAAAAAAAA??!!!!!!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Nov 13, 2014, 12:28 Creston

"Metacritic is obsolete. Early Access where we work on the game until it stops generating money is the new way to go! Pay us now for games we'll never fix! It's like you get double fined! LULZ!"

They might as well sell themselves to Ubisoft after their latest round of shit.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 13, 2014, 12:22 Creston

Seventyfive wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 11:44:
President Obama, at Mr. Cohen’s home in Philadelphia in 2013 to raise money for Democratic Senate candidates, joked, “I have been here so much, the only thing I haven’t done in this house is have Seder dinner.”

hahahaha such a funny joke, Obama! Remember all your promises about how you were going to change all that shit? Ass.

In any case, Obama will just cave on Net Neutrality, despite saying he "vigorously supported" it when he was running for President, and his stoolie Wheeler has already caved, but is just trying to delay shit so he can come up with the most damning yet apparently least damaging solution.

Fuck both these clowns in the windpipe.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Nov 13, 2014, 12:18 Creston

Rocket Ranger was the only Cinemaware game that I never finished. I just could never get past the moon mission, for whatever reason.

It was a fun game, though.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Bug Live Blog
16. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Bug Live Blog Nov 13, 2014, 12:14 Creston

Thank you for purchasing the AC:Unity Beta Test. Considered to be still in Early Access, various amounts of shit in this game will definitely not work, and it may or may not get fixed. We appreciate your money.

On Our Way Back To The Shitpile,

Ubisoft.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Announced (Not F2P)
33. Re: Just Cause 3 Announced (Not F2P) Nov 12, 2014, 21:17 Creston

siapnar wrote on Nov 12, 2014, 18:19:
Creston wrote on Nov 12, 2014, 15:34:
Hasn't everyone? That's my favorite way of gaining altitude before I start para-grappling my way around the island @ 90mph.
I was always partial to flying a heli up as high as possible, jumping out, then trying to catch up to it and get back in before it hits the ground.

I like trying to land a helicopter on a passenger jet, then getting out of the chopper and hijacking the jet. Only managed it once.

News Comments > Ubisoft on AMD & Assassin's Creed Unity
3. Re: Ubisoft on AMD & Assassin's Creed Unity Nov 12, 2014, 21:15 Creston

This should not affect the vast majority of PC players, as they simply suffer from the general shitty performance of our engine.  

11. Re: Game Reviews Nov 12, 2014, 17:38 Creston

Cutter wrote on Nov 12, 2014, 17:09:
Was there some management shakeout we're unaware of? I can't fathom why they'd start screwing up now otherwise.

Arrogance. Some assbiscuit in a suit somewhere always thinks he knows better than the filthy peasant customer, and things need to change because reasons, and why are we listening to the imbeciles in QA, etc etc etc. And then shit rapidly slides downhill again until the idiot leaves and gets a job at EA, and the next guy with slightly more sense comes in and makes a few good games until he inevitably also becomes an assbiscuit, and the whole circus repeats.

It's called the EA Corollary. Apparently working for a game publisher turns you into a giant fucking TOOL within a few years.

30. Re: Just Cause 3 Announced (Not F2P) Nov 12, 2014, 15:34 Creston

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 12, 2014, 11:55:
Creston wrote on Nov 12, 2014, 11:46:
True, but you have dozens of hours of FUN ahead of you getting it all back!
Did you ever grapple yourself to one of those propane canisters (the short stubby ones) and then shoot it? That's so awesome.

Hasn't everyone? That's my favorite way of gaining altitude before I start para-grappling my way around the island @ 90mph.

27. Re: Just Cause 3 Announced (Not F2P) Nov 12, 2014, 11:46 Creston

True, but you have dozens of hours of FUN ahead of you getting it all back!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 12, 2014, 11:25 Creston

jimnms wrote on Nov 12, 2014, 04:39:
I haven't played any of the Dragon Age games. I've never been a big fan of action RPG types, but it does have the pause/tactical view like the old Infinity Engine games. I've heard so many good things about it, I almost picked up Origins during the past few Steam sales, but ended up passing. I did grab it while it was free on Origin though.

One of the earlier videos of Inquisition made the game look interesting, but still something I'd pick up later on sale if/when I ever get around to playing DA:O. Then I saw some game play footage a day or so ago and the combat animations are goofy. It looks more like dancing than fighting. The mages twirl their staff around, turn their back and shoot spells and shit over their shoulder, and the fighters do all this stupid looking jumping, spinning moves. I hope those are placeholder animations, because honestly don't think I could play it if I had to watch that.

No, sadly that's how the game is, because the ADD generation loved that about DA2...

24. Re: Just Cause 3 Announced (Not F2P) Nov 12, 2014, 11:23 Creston

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 12, 2014, 11:20:
It's nice to see PC at the beginning instead of the end of the release platforms.

That reminds me, I should get back into JC2. Great fun. I wish I could reset the map though, or at least just the offshore oil rigs. Those were super fun to complete, but there weren't enough of them.

You can just start a new game. The initial mission takes like 15 minutes to complete, after which the entire map is open and ready for mayhem.

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Nov 12, 2014, 11:07 Creston

Prez wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 23:28:
Elf Shot The Food wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 20:36:
I was just about to buy Rogue Legacy on Humble Bundle at 75% off, but I believe I'll go for the higher discount on Steam instead.

I said "Oh - Rogue Legacy! Been meaning to buy that! Well, no better time than on a sale. What? I already own it? What is happening to me?!?"

Steam now just adds every new release to your account automatically.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: 343 apologises for Halo Master Chief issues Nov 12, 2014, 11:04 Creston

nin wrote on Nov 12, 2014, 10:45:
Creston wrote on Nov 12, 2014, 10:42:
"Yeah, so shit doesn't work, but hey. WE GOT YOUR MONEY! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Totally read that in an Angry Joe voice (perhaps when he dresses as Cobra Commander).

It's pretty telling when Joe's Cobra Commander is probably the most honest person in the entire fucking game industry.

22. Re: Just Cause 3 Announced (Not F2P) Nov 12, 2014, 11:02 Creston

harlock wrote on Nov 12, 2014, 09:58:
another thing that is awesome about JC2 is how super good the performance is, considering how good it looks and how the physics and destruction turn out... its not only one of the most fun games of all time, its also one of the best engines ive ever seen for a sandbox game

i cant wait for JC3, i wish they had waited until it was only a month away because now im gonna be thinking about it constantly for like a year

I think they kinda had to reveal something or risk all the negative rumors killing their game before it ever got started.

Agree with the engine, though, it is magnificent. It still looks gorgeous, it runs at a billion frames per second with everything maxed out, and there is simply NO LOADING once it's underway, except when it needs to do a cutscene. It's incredible.

I don't think any game has ever had me laugh out loud at pure "what the FUCK just happened? " moments as Just Cause 2 did.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. 343 apologises for Halo Master Chief issues Nov 12, 2014, 10:42 Creston

"Yeah, so shit doesn't work, but hey. WE GOT YOUR MONEY! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

"Testing? Why do we need testing? Fuck that. Release it, and we'll see about maybe fixing it later."

The industry is collectively jizzing itself at the thought of Early Access just becoming the norm.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Free Ultimate Vault Hunter Plans
3. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Free Ultimate Vault Hunter Plans Nov 12, 2014, 10:40 Creston

Eh, if you add it into BL2 after the fact, I would expect it to be in BL 2.5 from the start...

4. Re: Game Reviews Nov 12, 2014, 10:27 Creston

Yeah, they are RAPIDLY running back towards the "Fuck these guys" side of the teeter-totter.

Way to fuck up the goodwill you've built there, Ubi. I'm getting your next games Far Cry 4 when it's on sale for five bucks. Enjoy the cup of coffee.

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 2014, 10:39.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Free Ultimate Vault Hunter Plans
1. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Free Ultimate Vault Hunter Plans Nov 12, 2014, 10:17 Creston

That wasn't in the game to begin with? Odd...

20. Re: Game Reviews Nov 12, 2014, 00:54 Creston

Redmask wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 22:46:
Just to remind everyone, this is what DA2 got in terms of reviews

http://i.imgur.com/4uVna95.png

So I would wait to see what users have to say.

I think EA spent fifteen times the total amount of the entire development budget of the game on buying review scores for DA2... Which seems roughly in line with how they typically spend their money.

24503 Comments. 1226 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo