Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 26551 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Avalanche Studios Layoffs
1. Re: Avalanche Studios Layoffs Nov 2, 2015, 10:44 Creston

Sorry to hear that.

Still mega mega MEGA excited for JC3 though. God it looks so awesome in gameplay videos. It's like JC2 to the nth power!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Leaked Fallout 4 Footage
3. Re: Leaked Fallout 4 Footage Nov 2, 2015, 10:42 Creston

nin wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 10:35:
I was all set to hold off on this a few months, but my resolve is quickly slipping...

I never had any resolve. I LURVED FO3, so I'm pretty sure I'll LURVE FO4 as well.

News Comments > Torment Next Year
1. Re: Torment Next Year Nov 2, 2015, 10:41 Creston

This is really the last of my Kickstarted games I'm still waiting on. (I've kind of given up hope for Limit Theory, and I don't even KNOW what the hell Lord British / Richard Garriot is doing to Shroud of the Avatar. Apparently it's the Fantasy Version of Star Citizen where ships = houses.)

I'm hoping this will be awesome. Please don't release until Summer 2016, though, as I will have no time to play before then.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
12. Re: Saturday Previews Nov 2, 2015, 10:39 Creston

PacoTaco wrote on Nov 1, 2015, 09:38:
Really looks exciting now that CCP killed off Eve Online this is the only hope, can you play it yet?

When did CCP kill Eve Online??

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 1, 2015, 22:46 Creston

"We are not bound by your petty concepts such as 'the law' or 'the Constitution.'"

-the NSA

News Comments > Another New Steam User Record
17. Re: Another New Steam User Record Nov 1, 2015, 18:13 Creston

NKD wrote on Nov 1, 2015, 16:23:
While it may sound good, unfortunately as that article a few weeks back showed us, the amount of games Steam users are buying is smaller than people think.

So, to be a member of the “1% group” of Steam gamers you have to own 107 games or more.

Holy shit. I'd have never guessed I was in the top 1% (probably in the top 0.1%?)

News Comments > Another New Steam User Record
16. Re: Another New Steam User Record Nov 1, 2015, 18:10 Creston

Yay.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Refunds
14. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Refunds Oct 31, 2015, 20:59 Creston

I will give them this, at least they're doing the right thing. They would never have done this had Steam not put its refund policy into place, of course, but at least they're sticking by it.

Again though, NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER pre-order another WB pc game. EVER.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2015, 17:02 Creston

Jivaro wrote on Oct 30, 2015, 17:18:
As for why he gets the jobs....I think it has more to do with his dad than him.

Oh, that's no secret. He got his job 100.00% because of Jack Buck.

News Comments > Into the Black
20. Re: Into the Black Oct 31, 2015, 16:59 Creston

Sucks that the guy died, but from what the reporter said he was the one at fault for causing the accident, so at least there's that. Usually it's the poor family getting hit that all die, while the jackass that causes the accident has a bruised ankle or something.

News Comments > Valve's VSync Experiments
6. Re: Valve's VSync Experiments Oct 31, 2015, 01:35 Creston

ViRGE wrote on Oct 31, 2015, 00:20:
Creston wrote on Oct 30, 2015, 20:57:
Interesting. I wonder what they're doing / how they're doing this?
Double buffering plus render time prediction. Use only two buffers (one actively displayed, one being drawn to) and then time the start of the next frame based on how long the previous frames took to render.

The difference is that in a typical V-sync setup you'd either use double buffering and then start rendering the next frame the moment you display the previous, which means a completed frame is sitting around for a while. Alternatively you'd use triple buffering and start on the next frame the moment the previous frame is done, but this in some ways adds more lag depending on how you handle your buffers.

AMD and NVIDIA do something similar to this for frame pacing for multi-GPU setups.

Admittedly I could only follow that so far, but thanks.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Oct 30, 2015, 20:59 Creston

What? That's preposterous! Every publisher (and most devs) knows that your players are fucking morons, and exist only to be bilked for every possible dime. Treating them as valued customers is insanity!

News Comments > Valve's VSync Experiments
1. Re: Valve's VSync Experiments Oct 30, 2015, 20:57 Creston

Interesting. I wonder what they're doing / how they're doing this?  

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Oct 30, 2015, 14:31 Creston

Only at Target? Now I'm worried they contain nuclear sludge from Target's "back rooms"...

News Comments > EA Financials
7. Re: EA Financials Oct 30, 2015, 14:28 Creston

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ subscribers increased 33% since the announcement of the latest expansion at E3, Knights of the Fallen Empire.

"We now have FOUR subscribers! Thanks, mom!!!!"

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2015, 14:26 Creston

Blue wrote on Oct 30, 2015, 10:35:
Also, the home plate umpiring has been atrocious for both teams, as ball and strike calls are awful... if Fox used the strike tracker like TBS does it would look like a comedy.

Which is precisely why MLB has mandated that they don't show the strike tracker during live ABs in the WS. FIGHT THAT TECHNOLOGICAL PROGRESS WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT, MLB!

Speaking of Fox, I was amazed at the delay when their broadcast truck went down, as if it somehow diminished the game to lose Joe Buck's commentary (though I do like Harold Reynolds). I really think they believe their broadcasters are somehow a draw beyond the game itself.

Joe Buck is convinced he's the very soul of television. BUY A FLIPPING RAZOR, JOE BUCK.

Anyway, I was hoping their truck would stay down the entire week. The international broadcast was a lot more enjoyable than Buck's bored drone and Harold Reynold's stupid bleating.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2015, 14:22 Creston

If Google just used their standard ads on YT, I'd have no problem allowing their ads to come through.

But it's 30 second ads, in front of Every.Single.Video. Want to watch a 10 second video? Here, watch a 30 second ad first.

No flipping way. Find some other way to monetize it. If Redtube allows them to put all your famous content creators behind a paywall and it works, more power to them and the content creators. I rarely / never watch that stuff anyway, so as long as all the other videos are still accessible, it'll never affect me.

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst Delayed
4. Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst Delayed Oct 29, 2015, 23:33 Creston

I thought this one wasn't going to have any combat?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
16. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 29, 2015, 17:48 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 13:31:
Verno wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 11:33:
I don't think backwards compatibility matters that much at this point. It was just a convenient press bullet point for Microsoft who desperately needed some positive news coverage. The next gen console libraries are getting fairly fleshed out and interest in the feature tends to taper off outside of the launch periods. Many of the popular games have HD remasters/etc anyway.

Three words Verno: Red, Dead, and Redemption. In that order.

Why Rockstar isn't doing an HD release of that is beyond comprehension. Literally just upgrade the graphics and port it to Xbone and PS4. They'd sell 12 million copies.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2015, 11:23 Creston

They told me I had to come after two years, but I'll admit I haven't done so strictly because having to drink that poison is still one of the more vile memories I have of my entire lifetime.

Apparently you can take that stuff in pill form now, so I may check into that.

26551 Comments. 1328 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo