Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 25718 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
22. Re: Into the Black Apr 17, 2015, 01:16 Creston

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 22:14:
Last, SD's are not a mile long.

Yes they are or at least the ISDs are. The Victory class was shorter, topping out at 900 meters

Those are SSDs.

No, Super Star Destroyers are far, far larger. Though the Executor was always considered the largest of all of them, coming in at 19km (though IIRC it was "just" 9km large in Tie Fighter, but that could be because the engine couldn't handle anything larger), even the smaller versions were several km long.

In official canon (ie, what is now considered Disney's canon) though, I don't think any SSD other than the Executor was ever acknowledged.

Yep, which completely contradicts the Order's method of teaching and, in fact, Skywalker himself goes off and builds his own lightsaber to meet the requirements of the Jedi Codex.

In all likelihood, Luke just builds another lightsaber because the lightsaber Obi-Wan gave him flew down the interior shaft in Bespin / Cloud City after Vader chopped his hand off. He didn't really have much choice if he wanted another one.

It's never really even hinted at that Yoda teaches him anything about the Jedi Codex and the whole idea that Jedi have to build their own lightsaber as a rite of passage into Jedi Knight status doesn't show up until Ep 1-3.

(Also, fuck you Chrome for not recognizing the fucking word LIGHTSABER in your shitty dictionary.)

This comment was edited on Apr 17, 2015, 01:22.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Into the Black Apr 16, 2015, 21:52 Creston

nin wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 21:20:
DangerDog wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 21:05:
It's the dialog that's going to ruin the movie, especially the forced humor.

Has dialogue ever been star wars strong suit?

"Yippeeeee!"

"Are you an angel?"

"It's over Anakin! I have the higher ground!"

"He killed younglings, Padme! YOUNGLINGS!"

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit...

13. Re: Into the Black Apr 16, 2015, 21:50 Creston

NKD wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 19:31:
That villain looks like Darth Revan

Don't tease me.

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
23. Re: Gone Gold - The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Apr 16, 2015, 17:06 Creston

Brumbek wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 13:05:
The game is scheduled to launch May 19th, 2015, on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, Windows PC, and PlayStation®4.
Anyone else notice the bizarre wording here? XB1 gets a tagline: "all-in-one system". Hmm, I think MS paid them to say this any time they mention XB1. Notice PC and PS4 are just listed without fanfare. Let me correct this.

It's just marketing. MS pays literally everybody to say this. If you and I say it, we can probably get some cash.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records
36. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 16, 2015, 16:52 Creston

NKD wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 14:00:
Apologies to whatever Blue's crew person I murdered in GTA Online yesterday. Didn't notice until mine vehicle was already atop your twisted corpse.

Uh-huh. Sure you're sorry! That sounds suspiciously like what you tended to do on the PS3 version!

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records
35. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 16, 2015, 16:51 Creston

Damn, that's insane. Quite a few people aren't even playing through Steam, so it must have sold probably a million or so.

Has anyone bought the DVD version that supposedly exists? How long was the download after you installed from the DVD version? Did it actually work?

Edit : Brazor answered this already. Thanks man!

This comment was edited on Apr 16, 2015, 16:56.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 16, 2015, 13:03 Creston

NKD wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 02:53:
Creston wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 01:12:
If you haven't watched Orphan Black, go watch it. It's truly awesome. Just a fantastic storyline, and watching Tatiana Maslany do all these different characters is fantastic (and no more so than when she plays one character imitating another.)

I find myself literally forgetting that it's the same actress. It just doesn't even occur to me when I'm watching it.

Agreed. She is phenomenal.

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
9. Re: Gone Gold - The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Apr 16, 2015, 13:00 Creston

Grats CD Projekt. It looks awesome!

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Sells 1M
27. Re: Cities: Skylines Sells 1M Apr 16, 2015, 01:19 Creston

Verno wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 13:52:
Creston wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 12:05:
Verno wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 08:58:
Much like many games in my Steam list I bought but never played this due to other games

Bad Verno! BAD!

The release schedule is so bloated lately and free time in the evening is tough to find bro

I'm looking forward to Witcher 3 coming out and then things settling down for awhile. I have like 10 great games to play, including this one.

I hear ya, homie. I don't even have time for GTA5 or Witcher 3. Of course, trying to get my 2012 R2 certs isn't helping...

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Apr 16, 2015, 01:18 Creston

DangerDog wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 16:10:
I read somewhere that the FOV is resolution dependent, if you play on a 1440p monitor the FOV goes higher.

I don't think there's any anti-cheat in GTA V is there?

If it's true that it has Denuvo it'll basically whine at anything you're running that resides in memory and alters the .exe.

News Comments > Project CARS Specs & 12K Support
28. Re: Project CARS Specs & 12K Support Apr 16, 2015, 01:15 Creston

theglaze wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 16:39:
nin wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 15:32:
theglaze wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 14:13:
Proceeded by "wow this looks great....but the car handling sucks!"

What makes you say that?

I haven't read or seen enough to convince me otherwise. The last article I read about the handling stated this:

PCPowerPlay wrote on March 31st:
An area that isn’t so impressive is the car handling. Currently the game has very confusing wheel setup options, especially in regards to force feedback tuning....We found that the initial settings were very lacklustre, with the wheel exhibiting very little feedback when snapping back from oversteer, hitting curbs and rumble strips, and basically delivering very little information we could actually use.

He goes on to say that the feedback is getting better with each build, and that the community shares setups that significantly improve the handling. Still, a simultaneous multi-platform release is ambitious for a new team and new game engine. It's impressive that they've accomplished so much visually but it's clear to me they sacrificed wheel feedback in the process.

It'll take time to work out the kinks in feedback and wheel support, 3-6 months after release is my guess.

Ugh, that sucks. the whole reason I was interested in Project Cars to begin with was because it was supposed to have great handling... If I want to play something with lackluster handling I'll just go back to playing GRID...

Edit: I can say it's still not quite ready. There are some outstanding issues which need fixing. AI, strange timing issues, minor GFX issues,etc.
That being said IMO the best physics in a racing game ever. Yes I've played Assetto Corsa.
They added a bunch of sliders so you can tailor your Force feedback to your liking. My G27 works a bloody treat.

Or... maybe not.

27. Re: Project CARS Specs & 12K Support Apr 16, 2015, 01:14 Creston

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 15:43:
Dacron wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 14:33:
Well to be fair it sounds more like full sim support than for the average user.

Where guys have race seats, control pedestals and sometimes hydraulically controlled seats in front of 3-12 monitors on rigs set up just for simulation driving.

You just described my dad. That's all he plays and has spent a kingly sum on building a full motion cockpit simulator.

I already like your dad.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 16, 2015, 01:12 Creston

If you haven't watched Orphan Black, go watch it. It's truly awesome. Just a fantastic storyline, and watching Tatiana Maslany do all these different characters is fantastic (and no more so than when she plays one character imitating another.)

I watched episode one on a whim at work, and was fucking pissed when I had to go home at the end of the day and was only on episode six.

Now that Justified has ended (and ended very well, I might add), I think Orphan Black is the best show on TV.

23. Re: Cities: Skylines Sells 1M Apr 15, 2015, 12:05 Creston

Verno wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 08:58:
Much like many games in my Steam list I bought but never played this due to other games

Bad Verno! BAD!

22. Re: Cities: Skylines Sells 1M Apr 15, 2015, 12:04 Creston

Redmask wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 23:03:
Oh EA allowed mods for Simcity, you don't remember the wonders of Simcity Crest + Oral B or the Simcity Nissan Leaf? Quality fucking DLC there.

I'm not sure, but I'm sensing just a hint of sarcasm there, Redmask.

21. Re: Cities: Skylines Sells 1M Apr 15, 2015, 12:03 Creston

Grats Colossal!! Well deserved.  

9. Re: Project CARS Specs & 12K Support Apr 15, 2015, 12:00 Creston

Quboid wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 09:44:
11520 x 6480, I presume.

"frame-rate dependent on PC hardware"

Yes, yes I imagine it is.

Triple SLI Titan Blacks MAY get 5fps!

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Will Be Ghostable; Free E-Book
20. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Will Be Ghostable; Free E-Book Apr 13, 2015, 23:08 Creston

Brataccas wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 22:58:
Creston wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 22:48:
Second boss fight, no. While there's supposedly a way to hack a security console and turn the turrets against her, you have to do this hack while wide out in the open, and you simply do not have enough time to complete the hack before she shoots you, cancelling the hack.

Ah, that's what the AUD (Automatic Unlocking Device) is for! Auto-hack the terminal and let the turrets do your dirty work...

True, but I didn't have one in my inventory.
And it's not really a "hackers can win this battle too", since they're not really doing the hacking. Eh, by boss fight 2 I have so many upgrades that putting the two points into Typhoon so I can hit F3 twice to win the boss battle is a minor investment.

For the third battle, you can hack the robots to kill Namir. Which was much less satisfying than doing it myself... Rifle

Amen. Fuck Namir. Miserable bastard. I wish I could Melee kill him (You can in the original version, but it doesn't seem to work in the Director's Cut.)

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
172. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 23:04 Creston

siapnar wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 21:14:
After so many delays you'd think this thing would run for practically everyone. The amount of issues people are posting on Steam and Rockstar's site is pretty big.

Yeah it's good they delayed it seventeen times so they could add all this "polish"

JohnBirshire wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 22:31:
I pre-ordered so I could pre-load and play as soon as it was released.

I don't want frickin money cheat codes, lame. How do I get rid of it? Is there something I can buy, and then destroy?

In GTA Online I imagine you could buy a car, and then simply not insure it, and drive it off the pier or something.

In SP just get a car, take it into the mod shop, buy all the mods, destroy the car, get a new one, repeat. You'll blow through the million pretty quickly.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Will Be Ghostable; Free E-Book
17. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Will Be Ghostable; Free E-Book Apr 13, 2015, 22:50 Creston

Jerykk wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 22:47:
Really wish they'd stop using "ghost" incorrectly. "Ghosting" is when you sneak through a game without being detected, without neutralizing any NPCs and without destroying anything. Basically, you leave no traces of your existence behind, hence the term "ghost."

Killing/knocking people out in a stealthy manner is not ghosting.

There's nothing that specifies that that is how you have to ghost. You CAN ghost through while never touching anything except for a few required keypads.

I do agree that they award the Ghost XP too easily.

25718 Comments. 1286 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo