Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 23366 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
36. George R R Martin Jul 11, 2014, 03:49 Creston

That's a funny attitude, since how when he inevitably fails that bet he's not going to be around to have to own up to it anymore anyway.

I don't understand why he cares so much what people think / write about him to begin with. He wrote a few decent fantasy books that were very different from the rather rote fantasy that was out at the time, took roughly a decade and a half to get to even the halfway point in his story, then sold the rights to HBO and is now making so much money he can probably literally do whatever he wants to.

I would care as much about the naysayers as I do about finishing the actual story, which is to say roughly zero.

This comment was edited on Jul 11, 2014, 03:55.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
13. Re: Game Reviews Jul 11, 2014, 03:45 Creston

InBlack wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 09:25:
Yeah that review on Code Central is really, I dont know. Someone writes two paragraphs which are mostly bullshit and suddenly thats a review. Seriously, it probably took him 2 minutes to write that after playing the game for like 5 minutes. Can I have that dude's job? I promise my reviews will be at least 50% longer (as in another paragraph longer) and Ill even work for half pay.

Cheat Code Central makes money off people buying their trainers, and I seriously doubt whoever wrote that 'review' got paid for said 'review.' It's just pure clickbait.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
39. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 11, 2014, 03:40 Creston

1badmf wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 00:14:
haha yeah aveline and isabela were always my party members cuz of the catty bullshit they always flung at each other. also you don't need to have a savegame ready. i'm pretty sure i've read that they're gonna release a savegame maker program thingy for everyone to abuse.

Yeah, Dragon Keep. Which is now roughly seven months late to even go into beta, so I don't hold out much hope that they'll have it ready before Inquisition releases. And even so, it's much more fun to get all your decisions from playing it. It was a lot of fun to replay Origins.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 10, 2014, 23:40 Creston

It's also something that happened months ago, but trust Ars to be right on the ball.

And I like how the US government's IT department is being dragged, kicking and screaming, into the 21st century.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 10, 2014, 23:30 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 10:18:
Julio wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 09:41:
Guess they don't want the truth to come out, so they're pushing to settle.

What "truth?"

Again, why do so many here think there is conspiracy behind incompetence?

Because this is fucking 'Merica, and it's ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 10, 2014, 23:25 Creston

Windows 7 support will really only end somewhere in 2022 or so. Not even MS is dumb enough to go through the XP support debacle twice in a row.

Btw, so Vista is already officially off support then?

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
36. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 10, 2014, 22:35 Creston

I can't even imagine how someone can stomach to play DA2 on Nightmare difficulty. There is SO MUCH COMBAT in that game, that every one of those battles taking ten minutes to complete would literally be a nightmare.

The story is pretty good in it, actually. I replayed it just a little while ago to prepare for DA:I (and to get a good save game with decisions carried through into it), and I liked the story quite a bit more than I did the first time I played it. I paid more interest to the intra-party banter, and it was plain funny at times, especially between Aveline and Isabela.

But the combat, ugh... I just put three mages in my party and firestormed the shit out of everything on normal mode. That way at least things would keep moving.

The combat doesn't look much better in DA:I, to be honest, but I guess I'll just firestorm my way through it again so I can get at the story and explore the admittedly gorgeous areas.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 10, 2014, 22:17 Creston

So I guess your service just sucks then?

It's funny, because a year ago they were claiming that Netflix's miserable performance on Verizon was due to "natural network congestion", even though they were also claiming that said congestion could vanish, as if by magic, if netflix would just pay them.

In any case, Verizon is now being paid by its own customers, who pay them for Internet access, and it's being paid by Netflix, who pay them to get the data to the customers. So they're being paid from both sides of the tunnel, and yet they still can't deliver even remotely decent performance.

Young went on to say that there is “no congestion anywhere within the Verizon network”

followed a few paragraphs later by

“We are working aggressively with Netflix to establish new, direct connections from Netflix to Verizon’s network,” Young wrote. “The benefit of these direct connections will be two-fold. First, Verizon customers who use Netflix will have a significantly improved experience as Netflix traffic flows over non-congested links. Early tests indicate that this is the case.

:-headshake-:

They are playing such a fucking semantics game. Well, OUR network isn't congested! The fact that they only allow a trickle of traffic into it is apparently irrelevant.

It's like a city claiming it has no traffic jams on its six lane highways, while it fails to mention that it forces all the out-of-town traffic that's incoming to merge with said six-lane highways through a single lane road that's built with those shitty Belgian paved bricks.

And the FCC is sitting there going "yep, that free market sure works well!" Fuck you, Tom Wheeler.

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 2014, 22:24.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jul 7, 2014, 14:47 Creston

Quboid wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 14:00:
I actually kind of appreciate Cliff Bleszinski. He's arrogant, unprofessional and says exactly what I suspect all developers at some time or another think. I don't agree with how he says it, but I think he's usually right - the main one was that he referred to PC gamers as whiny pirates, right? Have you seen PC gamers? That's a gross generalisation but it's hardly the most outlandish claim.

Yeah, PC Gamers are all whiny pirates. And all developers are 12 year old fucking cockwaffles who'd be better off having their ability to speak removed.

Generalizations are so much fun!

(and as for him being right, cliffy also believed that people would just shut up and take it from Microsoft when they initially announced all their Xbone horseshit. He even urged people to shut up and just bend over.)

So yeah, good guy to stand up for.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2014, 11:35 Creston

My dogs would probably cry with happiness if that ever happened to them.

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 7, 2014, 11:20 Creston

Also, 10% of MS's workforce... damn. That's a LOT of people...

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 7, 2014, 11:20 Creston

Earlier this year, Bleszinski reiterated his desire to make a PC game because he wants to bring developers and players together, believing that is "where the community is."

Ten years he pisses on the PC community like the arrogant cockwaffle he is, and now when he sees there's money to be made, suddenly he's all "Oooh, I want to work with the PC community!"

Go work for Comcast, cliffy. That's a match made in fucking-asshole land.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 7, 2014, 11:16 Creston

nin wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 09:37:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 09:30:
"Kinect for Windows v2 Sensor costs $199.00"
I am sure that will sell well.

Did anything worthwhile come out of the last kinect unbundling? I know there were a lot of people making demos of their rooms, etc...

They actually came up with some cool applications for the original Kinect. It was used in the medical field (surgery I think? I can't be arsed to look it up), they used it to let children with physical handicaps draw and things like that.

So it did cool stuff, but it's all very very niche (which, let's be honest, is really the only purpose it has anyway, since it's not as if PC games will let you use it as a controller.)

They may sell a few ten thousands units at that price, but that'll be it.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 7, 2014, 11:13 Creston

When approached about the error by her grandson Comcast initially said they'd only provide a six month refund ($174). Once the issue received news attention Comcast stated they'd offer a full refund.

Fucking Comcast. What an unbelievable bunch of fucking bastards.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 7, 2014, 11:12 Creston

Verno wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 09:05:
Sunset Overdrive looks like a middle management executives culture relevance test.

Rotfl

Verno wins for today, fellas. We can all go home.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil
14. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil Jul 5, 2014, 14:57 Creston

Awesome, congrats guys  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2014, 21:55 Creston

Happy fourth, guys.

News Comments > Limit Theory Delayed
10. Re: Limit Theory Delayed Jul 4, 2014, 21:52 Creston

The guy has been able to work on some of the most impressive procedural generating mechanisms we've ever seen. Quite frankly, I think he's already made it worth my 20 bucks just from the videos he's produced.

If he eventually burns out, just release the game in whatever state it's in, and I'll call it good value.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2014, 16:14 Creston

Cutter wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 13:11:
We should be able to get animals like this removed from assholes like this and bar them from ever having ANY kind of pet.

I agree that it's too easy for assholes to get a pet, but everyone always says "Why don't they take those poor dogs (cats, pets, whatever) away from those people?" and never give a thought to what will happen to those dogs if they do. (hint: They go to a kill shelter.)

If society ever collapses and its total anarchy I'm going to shoot those sumbitches first.

Would you let the dog out after and make it fend for itself? Or would you take care of it?

You CAN actually call the SPCA and have them come investigate, but it needs to be really bad before they will take action. Again, because they know that most dogs they remove from their owners wind up being lethally injected six months later because nobody will adopt them...

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 3, 2014, 12:28 Creston

Let the government decide for you what you can and can't watch on the internet. FANTASTIC idea!

23366 Comments. 1169 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo