Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 23540 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Colin McRae Rally Steam Refunds
14. Re: Colin McRae Rally Steam Refunds Aug 6, 2014, 15:53 Creston

NKD wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 14:55:
Not really sure I buy that. Codemasters isn't some naive indie games company. They've been around forever. I'm pretty sure they aren't going to intentionally risk their reputation over a $7 game in a relatively niche genre with some kind of contrived evil mustache twirling muahahaha scenario.

So what then, they just never thought "Hmmm, maybe calling it Colin McRae Rally and saying 'The old legend is back!' will mislead people"?

As for risking their reputation, eh, EA still sells game by the shitload, and they've been screwing people over for more than a decade now, so I doubt they're all that worried.

It screams of an attempt to make a quick cash grab to me, and they tried to hide the fact by being less than honest in their blurb. And now that they've been caught with their hands in the cookie jar, they're desperately trying to pretend this wasn't their intention to begin with while at the same time trying to showcase their largess by offering refunds.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Assassin's Creed SF Gamer's Night & Action Figure
2. Re: Assassin's Creed SF Gamer's Night & Action Figure Aug 6, 2014, 15:48 Creston

Eh, it's a pretty cool promotion. If I lived in SF I'd probably go, but then again, if I lived in SF I'd likely have season tickets to the Giants anyway.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2014, 12:46 Creston

Queen also alleged that Escher Girls' DMCA post “publicly challenges my right to protect the perception of my IP as it exists today.”

You have no such right, moron. The perception of your IP is (gasp) free speech protected. I am fully within my first amendment rights to consider your 'art' to be fucking terrible, and your faulty belief in how the DMCA works to be fucking moronic.

Kudos to Tumblr for kowtowing to yet another IP whiner without ever bothering to check whether it was legit or not.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 6, 2014, 11:44 Creston

A WHOLE DAY?!

Have fun, Blue.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 6, 2014, 11:42 Creston

True, but let's be honest, this wasn't just "an honest mistake." They knew full well that people would think they were getting the PC version of Colin McRae, and not a fucking port from a mobile version.

So they put this up hoping to cash in without anyone making too much fuss. It's still a fucking scumbag move.

2. Re: Colin McRae Rally Steam Refunds Aug 6, 2014, 11:25 Creston

"We tried to screw people over, and got caught, so now we have to pretend to care about you and give refunds, dammit."

25. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 5, 2014, 18:56 Creston

BobBob wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 16:36:
"When television is good, nothing — not the theater, not the magazines or newspapers — nothing is better.

I'm gonna guess this quote was made before the advent of the video game industry.

Because a good game shits all over the best television.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 5, 2014, 18:51 Creston

Btw, I love how Europe ass-rapes every car that's basically not electric with environmental taxes etc, but at the same time, cops letting their fucking cars run all day is perfectly fine.

Government hypocrisy in action. Someone please just bulldoze Brussel.

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 5, 2014, 18:49 Creston

Beamer wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 15:00:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 14:44:
Ozmodan wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 13:03:
a computer that takes 7 minutes to boot up must to ancient, maybe they need to upgrade them.

Not even an 8086 takes 7 minutes to boot up, from floppy yet.

I've had plenty of work laptops that take that long to reboot. New machines, but with all the security it takes them forever.
Hell, reawakening my current laptop from hibernation will take forever before it's usable. I should time it sometime. It's over five minutes before I can actually get into the browser. An actual reboot is usually faster, I think, since it isn't pushing 7 gigs of data back into the RAM, but not by much.

Okay, take your shitty 1997 Sony VAIO and throw it in the trash, please.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained
34. Re: Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained Aug 5, 2014, 18:45 Creston

Zanthar wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 14:27:
I don't think you can judge whats going on behind the scenes in production from just a few press blurbs. We'll have to wait and see what happens. Chris Roberts has an impressive track record of delivering some awesome games back in the day.

He also has the track record of Freelancer, which he worked on for 6 something years, promising everything, until MS finally said "This is never getting done", and kicked him out the door.

If he doesn't deliver with SC, his career in the gaming industry will be over for good. He will lose respect and all of his achievements will become worthless. There will be no recovery from failure since he took $50mil directly from the pockets of gamers. If that's not enough motivation for him NOT to fail then he'll deserve the brutal end to his career that he will get.

Oh, I don't think anyone has any doubts that CR wants this game to be made, and wants it to succeed beyond all his wildest dreams, and that he in no way, shape or form wants to fuck it up. However, on the flipside, he has now made so many promises, and they're trying to cram so much stuff into this one game, that failure is absolutely a possibility no matter how much he struggles against it.

That said, as long as people apparently keep putting a million bucks into the game every month, he can keep his 200 odd developers plugging along quite merrily.

News Comments > Wing Commander 3 Free on Origin
15. Re: Wing Commander 3 Free on Origin Aug 5, 2014, 18:39 Creston

Free game is cool, but does Origin do anything to make sure it runs? WC3 can be a bit fickle to get to work properly...

I already have a GOG copy (which works fine, I might add), so no need for this one, but hey, a free game is a free game, and it's double awesome when it's an incredibly cool, and at the time genre-shattering, game like this one.

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Aug 5, 2014, 18:37 Creston

Very good article, well worth the read.

Pretty damn excited for Wasteland 2.

News Comments > Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs
2. Re: Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs Aug 5, 2014, 18:28 Creston

For another perspective, WoW has now lost more subscribers than any other MMO ever had.  

News Comments > SimCity Trial Version
1. Re: SimCity Trial Version Aug 5, 2014, 18:23 Creston

Makes sense it's only for four hours, because you can't build anything big enough (relatively speaking, in their tiny-ass lots) to see how fucking terrible it is later in the game.  

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Aug 5, 2014, 14:13 Creston

Best video ever. Youtube, nay, mankind has now reached its apex.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Angry Birds Aug 5, 2014, 14:06 Creston

At first glance I thought "oh right, here's someone else who invented the iPhone and needs millions of dollars for their stolen intellectual property."

Reading the actual court filing, though... Holy shit. Page 8 and 9 of the filing show pictures of the toy they originally made, along with the back of the packaging that specifically mentions, BY NAME, that she's the one who designed it, and it's being used under license.

I'm guessing Hart and/or Rovio are going to have to cough up a metric shitload of money over this. How much has Rovio made off angry birds? Hundreds of millions of dollars?

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 5, 2014, 13:52 Creston

What?????  

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 5, 2014, 13:06 Creston

Assistant Superintendent Helen Lewis of Tower Hamlets Police said: “I can confirm that we have received one official complaint from a local resident in relation to police cars being left running outside the Bethnal Green Police Station. We ignore all complaints from the community very seriously. I intend to not investigate this situation and pending the outcomes of the non-investigation will work with the community to ensure that anyone who complains will be arrested and detained."

British police. Really no better than US police.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 5, 2014, 11:58 Creston

Verno wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 09:29:
Re: xbox - Or they could just drop the damned price. You're selling inferior hardware, price it accordingly.

I checked out Sacred 3 on the weekend by the way, I am a big fan of the franchise. Sacred 3 is an unbelievable turd that no one should waste their time on, it is bad and diverges from the main series on so many levels. Maybe one day write up a proper teardown on it but I'm not sure its even worth the time, it's a terrible game.

RPS already saved you the trouble.

As for the xbone, yeah it should still be cheaper, but at least they're trying to put SOME value into it. I'm waiting for Sony to drop the price, but since they're outselling MS 3 to 1, I doubt they will anytime soon.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 4, 2014, 16:24 Creston

harlock wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 13:31:
Scientists have discovered that it is possible to induce lucid dreaming in sleepers by applying mild electrical currents to their scalps, a study says.

Lucid dreaming is when a sleeper recognises they are dreaming and may even be able to manipulate the dream's plot and control their behaviour.

"The key finding is that you can, surprisingly, by scalp stimulation, influence the brain. And you can influence the brain in such a way that a sleeper, a dreamer, becomes aware that he is dreaming," said Professor J Allan Hobson, from Harvard Medical School, who co-authored the paper published in Nature Neuroscience.

*BRAAAAAAAAHHHHMMMM*

23540 Comments. 1177 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo