Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 25736 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Broken Age
2. Re: Ship Ahoy - Broken Age Apr 28, 2015, 11:05 Creston

Savior. Legend. Masterstroke. Ingenious. Etc etc etc.

I haven't seen this much cocksucking since Cocksuckers2:Return of the Cocksuckers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Gameplay Trailer
10. Re: Just Cause 3 Gameplay Trailer Apr 28, 2015, 11:04 Creston

Fuck yeeeessss!

I practically squealed with glee when he flew that jet into the oil refinery. That looked so.effing.awesome.

This comment was edited on Apr 28, 2015, 11:30.

News Comments > Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds
17. Re: Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds Apr 27, 2015, 22:02 Creston

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what Beth's attitude becomes to simple things such as "cleaning" your mods. They refuse to do so for their DLCs, because they don't support modding, and cleaning mods is only an issue if you use mods/extra content.

So what, Beth, are you going to keep releasing dirty DLCs that will fuck up massively with other mods installed, when those mods have been paid for and you took your fucking ridiculous 66% cut?

(Actually, I already know the answer to this, it's yes. They still won't give a shit.)

News Comments > Bethesda on Paid Skyrim Mods
41. Re: Bethesda on Paid Skyrim Mods Apr 27, 2015, 21:53 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 19:06:
Creston wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 18:52:
In reality, you (Bethesda) just wants to make money off all these mods, because the ten million copies of the game those same mods have sold isn't enough.

I don't understand how you can still cling to that accusation of generic evil corporate greed in the face of the facts they're presenting. They aren't spending millions of dollars to support mods (and losing millions when modding forces your game to be rated M instead of T, interesting tidbit there) for 8% of their audience. That doesn't make good business sense, and is certainly not what a heartless, money-grubbing monster of a company would do.

This has become a bit of a pointless argument, but if you genuinely believe that any corporate entity the size of Bethesda does something for any motive other than that it makes them money, I don't know what to tell you.

They allow for mods because they've seen the incredible tail-end in sales it gives to their titles, plus the absolutely fucking massive amount of goodwill and free publicity it generates. But even so, hey, if you can start charging a few extra dimes for it?

Do you seriously think Bethesda gives one flying shit about their modders making any money? If they did, they wouldn't take 66% themselves. They'd just give all but 5% to their modders, or they'd actually hire the good modders into their team. (You know, like Obsidian did with Oscuro.)

News Comments > Kerbal Space Program Version 1.0 Launches
8. Re: Kerbal Space Program Version 1.0 Launches Apr 27, 2015, 21:46 Creston

ViRGE wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 20:05:
Today: Kerbal Space Program Version 1.0 Launches

Tomorrow: Kerbal Space Program Version 1.0 Crashes Due To Lack Of Thrust to Reach Escape Velocity

The solution is simple: More Thrusters. The solution is ALWAYS more thrusters!

News Comments > Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds
13. Re: Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds Apr 27, 2015, 21:45 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 21:18:
Bad because the next game Beth makes will support the paid mod workshop (Fallout 4).

But I will give them credit that they did act quickly, but they should have NEVER done this to "an established, years old modding community".

But it will be coming.

But at least if it's supported from the start, you have the choice whether to stick with free mods, or use paid mods. There's no scenario where one mod which is so ultra-pervasive that everything else depends on it, suddenly goes paid only and fucks up your entire mod list.

There will always be free mods if you choose not to pay for them.

In any case, I'm glad Valve did the right thing. What happened these past few days was horseshit.

News Comments > Bethesda on Paid Skyrim Mods
1. Re: Bethesda on Paid Skyrim Mods Apr 27, 2015, 18:52 Creston

But we also believe our community wants to reward the very best creators, and that they deserve to be rewarded

"We also believe that we deserve to be rewarded 3x as much as the creator, which is why we do the 75/25 split."

Also, Shivering Isles was an expansion pack, not a DLC.

Yet, in just one day, a popular mod developer made more on the Skyrim paid workshop then he made in all the years he asked for donations.

Yep, that's cool. Also possible, one day, when something as massively dependent as SkyUI or SKSE goes paid only, thousands of mods could potentially stop working, and your entire modding scene collapses.

If you really want mod makers to profit from their mods, then let them take 95%. In reality, you (Bethesda) just wants to make money off all these mods, because the ten million copies of the game those same mods have sold isn't enough.

News Comments > Kerbal Space Program Version 1.0 Launches
1. Re: Kerbal Space Program Version 1.0 Launches Apr 27, 2015, 18:48 Creston

Time to reinstall this and see if I can finally get a moonbase going

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2015, 12:16 Creston

Happy anniversary Blue and Mrs. Blue!  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
3. Re: Sunday Interviews Apr 26, 2015, 15:54 Creston

"Our goal is to make more money."

Let's call a spade a spade here, Gaben.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
9. Re: Saturday Interviews Apr 25, 2015, 22:35 Creston

harlock wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 21:39:
Bundy wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 21:09:
Didn't he say he was quitting interviews forever?

didnt that 4 yr old girl stomp out of the room and go hug her dolly?

Hahahahaha.

In any case, same old Peter Moeleyeeneneuuuxxx. Nothing's his fault, he wasn't lying, the press just quoted him wrong, he is the most awesome thing to happen to gaming, yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda.

Why people still fall for his schtick is baffling.

Now is the time we have to show the world that they don't need to be anaesthetised by the deluge of rubbish from TV and film,

"Instead, they can be anesthetized by the deluge of rubbish from shitty game producers like me, who promise everything and deliver nothing!"

Anyone who thinks current day TV produces nothing but rubbish versus the golden flower that is gaming has his head so far stuck up his own ass he can do a colonoscopy without using a fucking camera.

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 2015, 22:43.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2015, 16:39 Creston

Good to hear your doggie had a good time, Blue.  

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Apr 25, 2015, 16:33 Creston

"Oh, I'm gonna quit, such a controversy! Waaah!"

How about you didn't try to make money off your mod that had other people's work in it, buddy? It doesn't seem that hard to figure out that that wouldn't be acceptable. (to the original modder, even if Valve was like "oh sure it's fine! Sell! give us our 30%!")

In the end, the things he's mad at are Valve being assholes. (surprise! Their customer 'service' is getting to be worse than Comcast's.) It has nothing to do with Skyrim or modding. No need to turn it into such a fucking drama.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2015, 22:58 Creston

BobBob wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 13:07:
Creston wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 12:59:
I have a nest thermostat. Great little device. The amount of times I've left home, been halfway to work and thought "Shit, I didn't turn the heat/air down" have been too many to count. Used to be I'd sit at work irritated at heating/cooling my house for no reason. Now I just do a few taps on the phone and voila.

I don't think I'll need the thermostat. Open window, cool, close window, warm.

*opens faucet*

"Hey look! Water!"

20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2015, 22:57 Creston

My three favorite Trevor moments: (in secret text)

1) Transitioning to him, and he's on a little Faggio scooter, chasing another guy who is also on a Faggio, and keeps yelling out at him "You're my Scooter Brother! SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTER BROOOOOOOTHER!"

2) When he finally kills the dock worker and his girlfriend in their apartment, and walks out with the walls and windows just covered in blood, and he just looks so weary and shakes his head as if even he himself can't believe he just went that fucking nuts. I dunno, it just made me laugh.

3) Transitioning to him, and he wakes up a tiny little island just off the coast, wearing nothing but tighty whities, and he's surrounded by empty bottles and dead bodies. I mean, let your imagination run wild.

And then of course there's the time that Michael calls Trevor a Hipster.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Car Mechanic Simulator 2015
5. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Car Mechanic Simulator 2015 Apr 24, 2015, 22:51 Creston

Cutter wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 20:53:
Creston is playing this. I dunno it might not be bad. He was right about ETS2.

It's fun in small doses, and it actually does teach you a bit about cars if you're pretty clueless about them otherwise.

I like to play it while having lunch and needing something to just mindlessly stare at for awhile.

It's no ETS2, but it's enjoyable enough for the 3 bucks or so I spent on the 2014 version.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2015, 12:59 Creston

WoodroweBones19 wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 12:52:
Someone asked earlier about smoke detectors that can connect to the internet. Yes there is the Nest detectors (both Smoke and CO). I have 2 in our home. You can also go all out and get a Nest thermostat. The devices will work with each other to determine when people are home or not and adjust temps accordingly. The thermostat is next on my purchase list

EDIT: There are 2 versions of "Nest". Wired and battery. The wired version does still have batteries in the event of a power outage and will even alert you when power outages happen!

I have a nest thermostat. Great little device. The amount of times I've left home, been halfway to work and thought "Shit, I didn't turn the heat/air down" have been too many to count. Used to be I'd sit at work irritated at heating/cooling my house for no reason. Now I just do a few taps on the phone and voila.

I also like their pretty smart system where if the airconditioning is going, it'll turn off the compressor but leave the fan going for about another 2 minutes or so, to blow all the cool air that's in the pipes into your house rather than letting it go to waste.

Finally, because it's connected to the internet, it knows what the temperature is outside, and thus I can have it automatically switch between the heat pump and the emergency/auxiliary heat, where before I'd have to switch my system to emergency heat and if it got warm enough during the day where it could switch back, I wouldn't be home to flip the switch.

It cost me ~350 bucks to install, and I'm pretty sure I made that back in a year in electricity costs saved.

(Only warning: They're not great with heat pumps. If you have a heat pump system, just configure the thing manually rather than letting the nest system do it itself, because it's terrible. It'd run the heat pump when it was 5 degrees F outside, let it run for an hour, thus blowing frigidly cold air into my house for an hour, before finally realizing "Hey, it's not getting any warmer. Maybe I should turn on the auxiliary heat?" Then the aux heat would need to run for three hours to get the temperature back up to where I'd set it, after which the cycle would repeat. Fucking terrible system. Just program it yourself to use heat pump above a certain temperature and auxiliary below a certain temperature.)

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
34. Re: Mad Max Trailer Apr 24, 2015, 11:56 Creston

While I understand people's concerns about the AC style of fighting, I'm kind of wondering how else you'd imagine a game fight going? If every enemy attacked you at once, you'd get the wonderful Gothic 3 infinite-stunlock-to-death thing going.

I don't have a problem with the "they attack one at a time" thing, as long as those attacks are varied enough that it's not just "Hit X to counter kill" to defeat all of them.

I thought Sleeping Dogs did a very good job in that aspect. Lots of different moves for you to work with, and several different counters and strategies needed for different enemies.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month
10. Re: Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month Apr 24, 2015, 11:52 Creston

Linksil wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 10:47:
Spending the money on a HOTAS is one of the reasons I haven't bothered picking this up yet. That and already having quiet a few extras plugged into the computer already... I need to almost build a second desk just to hold the addons.

You know you're a PC Gamer when...

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2015, 11:48 Creston

Huh, I had no idea. Thanks, Blue!

25736 Comments. 1287 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo