Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 23324 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2014, 11:52 Creston

Verno wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 09:42:
string beans and carrots.

Hahah. Train your dog, exercise it regularly, take it to the vet and don't feed it horrible bullshit. It really isn't that hard to give a pet a decent life.

Just to verify, you're not saying that string beans and carrots are bad for dogs, right? I don't think you are, but just checking.

Carrots are great for a dog, and most that I've had absolutely love them. Get a bag of baby carrots, and that's a healthy and delicious treat for your dog.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jul 3, 2014, 11:49 Creston

Do you get to shoot him in that one ball in SE 3?

News Comments > Gods Will Be Watching This Month
1. Re: Gods Will Be Watching This Month Jul 3, 2014, 11:47 Creston

They won't watch next month anymore, though, so best give them something to see now!  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2014, 11:46 Creston

I could last indefinitely without access to my smartphone. Generic pointless clickbait article is generic, pointless and clickbait.

newsroom.bankofamerica.com. :-headshake-:

News Comments > Z Remake Tomorrow [Updated]
10. Re: Z Remake Tomorrow [Updated] Jul 3, 2014, 11:44 Creston

The long-awaited 21st Century reissue

Long-awaited? Really? Who was waiting long for this?

everything from the original version of the game is in here

Including the graphics. :p

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 2, 2014, 23:21 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 20:41:
Your California Cable TV Company Missed an Appointment? The Law Protects Cable TV Subscribers.

I thought this was pretty cool. I had no idea that there was any legal recourse for that.

As with most laws it sounds cool, but the fine print makes it basically impossible to actually make a successful claim.

"If the service connection or repair is not commenced within the specified four-hour period, except for delays caused by unforeseen or unavoidable occurrences beyond the control of the company, the subscriber may bring an action in small claims court against the company for lost wages, expenses actually incurred or other actual damages not exceeding a total of six hundred dollars ($600)."

(emphasis mine.)

Cable Co: "Our agent had a flat tire. Sorry."

And you're done.

Technically travelers with any US airline have similar protections in place. I missed a flight from Chicago to Amsterdam once because my first flight to Chicago was three fucking hours late. So when I demanded they give me my restitution, they simply said "Sorry, the delay was due to the weather, which is an uncontrollable circumstance, so we're not liable."

The weather had been gorgeous all day in the US, and especially on the route I flew. It was blue skies everywhere. I told the agent so, and he just shrugged and again said it was due to the weather and I would not receive restitution.

All those laws are congressmen just pandering to voters without actually inconveniencing the corporations that pad their fucking pockets with bribes.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 2, 2014, 20:19 Creston

Oh Poppy, Lindsay, it's not you. We've never seen photos of you being railed in the ass while bent over a lawn table. There is simply no similarity here.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Facebook says it's sorry Jul 2, 2014, 20:18 Creston

Over its 10-year history, the company has repeatedly pushed its users to share more information, then publicly conceded it overstepped if an upset public pushed back.

"And yet all you moronic sheep keep using it. You deserve whatever Facebook decides to do next."

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 2, 2014, 20:16 Creston

Seeing as how they're worried about "damage to the Goldman Sachs brand" (as if it could get any lower), I'm guessing there's a lot of bad shit about GS in there.

The guy who received it should forward it to every possible international news agency.

News Comments > Thief Film Plans
24. Re: Thief Film Plans Jul 2, 2014, 18:35 Creston

Loopy wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 18:11:
Creston wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 13:54:
Casting agent: "I see here you played in the Thief movie. What role did you have?"

Aspiring actor: "I was the guard who kept walking the same circle and kept looking at the same relic in the glass case every 30 seconds."

I'd rather play that guard that the spin me right round baby guy. Pretty sure I'd have to hurl after doing that.

Hehehe.

News Comments > DOOM QuakeCon Plans
8. Re: DOOM QuakeCon Plans Jul 2, 2014, 18:15 Creston

"It's so fucking terrible, we just don't want to show it to anyone except the biggest rabid fans."

id is dead, guys. Forget about 'em.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2014, 18:13 Creston

descender wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 15:59:
There is little excuse for teams like England, Spain, Portugal and Italy to be eliminated from the World Cup... regardless of their population. They are host to the most competitive leagues in the world for the sport and none of them even have a close second "national sport".

There's always ebb and flow for national teams. Spain has dominated international soccer for the past six years, but eventually those players get old, the system is countered and you go down again.

Also, a lot of the elite Spanish, English and Italian teams buy their best players in free agency, which of course doesn't help them for the world cup. Portugal really isn't all that good to begin with. Ronaldo is fantastic, obviously, but overall that's a medium to good team, certainly not an elite team.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2014, 14:58 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 14:46:
How do we kill that which has no life?

Holy shit, that young Trevor is that picture is scary real... (just to the back and right of the dipshit at the desk)

17. Re: Thief Film Plans Jul 2, 2014, 14:56 Creston

Jivaro wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 14:46:
They could have Woody Harrelson play the Thief. He can't jump either.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Jivaro wins.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2014, 14:29 Creston

Cutter wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 11:51:
So it's Germany or Belgium to win it all.

Really? Not France, not Brazil, not Argentina, not Netherlands. Belgium?

Giggle

News Comments > Star Citizen Monthly Report
14. Re: Star Citizen Monthly Report Jul 2, 2014, 14:00 Creston

10 "teams?" Holy shit.

The end product is going to come together magnificently and form a single, seamless game without a single hickup!

Fingers crossed, but damn. I can't help but look at AC3 and how that turned out...

13. Re: Thief Film Plans Jul 2, 2014, 13:54 Creston

Casting agent: "I see here you played in the Thief movie. What role did you have?"

Aspiring actor: "I was the guard who kept walking the same circle and kept looking at the same relic in the glass case every 30 seconds."

News Comments > CliffyB: Don't Call My Comeback a Comeback
41. Re: removed Jul 1, 2014, 23:33 Creston

nin wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 17:56:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 12:21:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 1, 2014, 13:39.

Damn, SM! You're one of the more nicer folks here!

Awww, he lost his cherry!

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 1, 2014, 23:27 Creston

Jivaro wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 22:50:
I find it hilarious that we make it so far in the biggest tournament for the world's biggest sport and somehow anyone would frame it as a failure.

Losing in a knockout match in the world cup isn't a failure. Playing as poorly as they did is. Nobody on the US team is capable of bypassing a defender on their own, and apparently nobody is capable of possession football/soccer.

Nobody is expecting the US to suddenly become masters of Tiki Taka, but I think 60% of their 'possessions' ended with one US guy just kicking it straight back to the Red Devils. I don't know what the final Time of Possession tally was, but it must have been dirt, dirt ugly. And this is against an attacking Belgian team, because it's not as if they really play possession football either. (Had this been Spain in its past 6 year glory, Time of Possession might genuinely have been above 90% for Spain.) That's just terrible.

Also, for all how vaunted Klinsmann was as a player, apparently his plans as head coach are "play in the box for 88 minutes, then attack for 2 minutes and pray really really hard."

You rarely win by standing on your own side of the field, unless you happen to have a great counter team. But to be a great counter team, you need guys that can accurately pass a football across the length of the field, and a great forward who can make things happen on his own. The US has neither.

Their last two games were just terrible. Against Germany, okay, that's one of the world's elite teams, but Belgium really isn't that good. (Watch them kick the shit out of the Netherlands in a semi-finals matchup now that I've said that. :p )

So great result, but very poor soccer on the field. Someone buy Howard a house or something, because without him that would have been a five goal deficit loss.

The weird thing is, the US is capable of playing much better than this, as they demonstrated against Ghana and Portugal. Maybe it really was Klinsmann's game strategy to play like this, I don't know.

News Comments > Underworld Ascension Announced
32. Re: Underworld Ascension Announced Jul 1, 2014, 23:17 Creston

BitWraith wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 20:23:
Since EA owns the franchise I'd say they pretty much have to have something to do with it. I seriously doubt they just handed over the rights to this out of the goodness of their heart.

EA owns ULTIMA Underworld. This is just going to be Underworld. As long as it doesn't use the Ultima IP (ie, Britannia and the virtues etc), EA can whine all day long without it mattering anything.

23324 Comments. 1167 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo