Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 22098 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 5, 2014, 13:05 Creston

NegaDeath wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 12:14:
Beyond the privacy and security concerns (which being Comcast can never be taken at their word) how strong a signal are those things pumping out to actually be useful to someone not on your property?

Standard wireless N reaches pretty dang far. I pick up signals from two of my neighbors, and the closest of the two is about 250ish feet away from me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 5, 2014, 13:04 Creston

Verno wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 09:22:
Hahaha oh Comcast, never change. Just when I think I've seen all of the bullshit.

And just think, when you go over your cap because you're freely sharing your internet with other comcast users, you'll get hit with the $10/GB overage fee.

Which is Comcast's wet fucking dream.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2014, 12:26 Creston

1) People still watch commercials? Like, ferreals?
2) You really think about this waaaaaaaaaaay too intensely.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 5, 2014, 12:22 Creston

So all these "robbers" are stealing Bitcoins, which leads to all the bitcoin exchanges being shut down, which will inevitably cause bitcoins to simply become utterly useless and worthless. So then they've stolen shit that isn't worth anything. Yay?

Other theory: The NSA is doing all the 'stealing', because the government is worried about bitcoins.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 5, 2014, 12:19 Creston

nin wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 08:45:
PS4 PlayStation Plus will get free triple-a games later this year, insider claims.

Only a matter of time. Hello, Knack!

Pffff, triple A games. Microsoft is giving away DUNGEON DEFENDERS, guys! I mean, hello??! Game, set and match: Microsoft!

News Comments > Qvadriga and Demo Released
1. Re: Qvadriga and Demo Released Mar 5, 2014, 12:18 Creston

What are the odds that the chariots 'drive' the same way as 99% of all racing games do, ie, you control a square brick that pivots around a single point in the exact middle?

News Comments > More on Croteam's New IP
2. Re: More on Croteam's New IP Mar 5, 2014, 12:16 Creston

to have a type of humor that is very different from Serious Sam.

I hope so, because the 'humor' in Serious Sam was... well, I'll be nice, it wasn't very good.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth
48. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 5, 2014, 12:14 Creston

It looks cool enough that I'll get it, but I'm not a big enough fan of South Park to plunk 60 bucks down for it...

News Comments > Valve Reddit Interview
4. Re: Valve Reddit Interview Mar 5, 2014, 12:11 Creston

InBlack wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 09:27:
Well that was a rather boring read. Newell's answers are (mostly) botlike. Got the jive that he would rather be doing anything else with his time...

I imagine it gets pretty boring to have to pretend you're not working on HL3 day in and day out.

ldonyo wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 09:43:
So, instead of announcing products and then being late, Valve just won't announce products at all so they can be on time?

Basically. They'll announce it when it's in beta and 3-6 months out from release to get the proper hype train going.

News Comments > Dishonored II at E3?
31. Re: Dishonored II at E3? Mar 4, 2014, 11:15 Creston

Verno wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 09:11:
Yakubs wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 08:42:
Maybe the enemy forces will actually behave like there's a superhero assassin coming after them instead of wandering around like they just want their overtime pay. I especially love the final mission where the boss explicitly knows you're coming for him and he leaves his complex unlocked and guarded by about 10 incompetent foot soldiers.

But then again it made all the kids feel like REAL BADA$$E$ YO so I guess the game was a rousing success.

Play on Very Hard next time.

I did. Didn't really make much of a difference to the final level, to be honest. Every guard still walks around like he has no clue there's a supernatural assassin in the area. "Did I just see something? No, must be my imagination!"

If I was a guard in that situation and I thought I saw something, I'd begin shooting and I wouldn't stop until every single bullet in the world had been fired. But of course that would require programming different AI for the final level, and that's just not done in gaming. AI is exactly the same no matter the circumstances.

30. Re: Dishonored II at E3? Mar 4, 2014, 11:12 Creston

MoonSpook wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 04:49:
I particularly like Samuel's reactions to you, especially at the start of the final mission..

That was one of the best parts of the game to me, that one split moment right there. (secret) Because I've been a murdering bastard, he says he's going to warn whatshisface that I'm coming. Well, Samuel, that's probably not a smart thing to say to a murdering bastard who has already eliminated half the city. So of course I kill him, but this has the very nice side-effect of the guards not actually being warned. I thought it was very cool that that was an option. Most games just go "You've followed path A, therefore the guards will be alerted." But here Samuel actually had to go out there to be able to warn them.

As for what SS said, yeah you could tell other stories, but I don't know. It's very likely just going to become a similar type of deal. Demonic dude gives another guy powers so he can go on a rampage or be a nice dude as desired. :-shrug-:

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 4, 2014, 10:59 Creston

The former EA CEO was a fucking moron. That's why he ran his company into the ground, and that's why he's now fired.

Why Pachter still has a job is beyond all comprehension. He deserves to get fired more than 90% of the shitwallets in Congress.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2014, 02:53 Creston

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 16:12:
I always thought it would be ultra cool for Neo to wake up after he "died" in the third one and realize that the reality being sold to them was actually still the Matrix.

The stupid thing is, this is what they implicitly implied when Neo suddenly gets the power to stop the squid things at the end of Matrix II while he's outside the Matrix. I was utterly convinced that that, combined with the Architect's speech, just meant that while everyone in Zion thought they were out of the Matrix, they were just in sort of a DMZ, kept away from the docile sheep in the rest of the system.

But, you know, if you completely have to rewrite your final movie because you have these grandiose ideas of a Matrix MMO, and in order to have a Matrix MMO you have to have the Matrix still intact at the end of the final movie, surprise surprise, things suddenly go to shit.

I don't think even the Wachowskis themselves understood the weird plotholes they created between 2 and 3.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Mar 4, 2014, 02:47 Creston

at a cost of around $10,000 per dev-month

I'm sorry, what? Devs cost 10K per fucking month???

I liked Singularity. Solid shooter, nice levels, pretty good story with a nice surprise ending to boot (though you could see it coming.)

That said, it didn't really do much new, which has always kind of been the case with Raven's shooters, and so I'm not surprised it never sold well enough to make Greedy Bobby happy.

20. Re: Dishonored II at E3? Mar 4, 2014, 02:44 Creston

I quite enjoyed it, enough to even play through it twice with the "murder everyone" and the "be a nice guy" styles. (Note: Game is 10000 times better when you creatively murder everyone.)

However, I have no clue why this needs a sequel. The story was told, and told well...

I think Harvey Smith had actually said that he was on the fence about doing a sequel, as he felt the story was told as well.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2014, 16:02 Creston

Prez wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 15:51:
I didn't care for the ending too much, but it wasn't Mass Effect 3 bad.

At least Bioware fixed their ending...

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
14. Re: Sunday Metaverse Mar 3, 2014, 11:53 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 03:17:
Nah, attention span was always short.

Sorry, but that's just patently false. My wife's a middle school teacher, and she's definitely seen it change in a decade plus. They can't hold kids' attention with anything nowadays.

Telegraph changed everything

Wha... you're saying attention spans changed because of the TELEGRAPH? I don't even... what? Confused

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
4. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Mar 3, 2014, 11:46 Creston

Smart Business = releasing a mediocre game on two new consoles that have nothing to play on them.

News Comments > 3D Realms Acquisition Details
14. Re: 3D Realms Acquisition Details Mar 3, 2014, 11:44 Creston

3D Realms is legendary for its contributions to the gaming industry being the biggest laughing stock in gaming for a solid decade+, as well as being the creation of the gaming industry's biggest fucking douchebag."  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 3, 2014, 11:42 Creston

Eric Rudder, executive vice president of advanced strategy

{ultramassivesarcasm}

Wow, now THAT's a guy who earns his money at MS!

{/ultramassivesarcasm}

22098 Comments. 1105 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo