Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 22963 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jun 9, 2014, 11:27 Creston

Classy. Make millions of bucks off selling an incomplete version of Minecraft, which took roughly five years to actually reach an actual release candidate, then complain at the other guys doing the same thing?

I agree that SOME early access games are a scam, and some are released as nothing but a few rudimentary ideas, but there are also plenty of early access games that are released in roughly the same state as Minecraft was.

The Age of Notch is passing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
16. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 9, 2014, 11:24 Creston

InBlack wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 10:05:
Nelson Mandela spent 20 years in prison.

I haven't kept up with it so maybe the official story on that has changed, but wasn't Mandela guilty, because he did actually kill that security guard?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 9, 2014, 11:21 Creston

Dagnamit wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 10:02:
Look guilty? He IS guilty. He broke the law. He's not a "traitor", but he's definitely a coward. He had a great opportunity to stand for something bigger than himself and be a symbol for what the people want. Less intrusion. the vast majority of Americans were outraged by what was/is going on. He blew it for himself and for everyone else, tbh.

Internet arm-chair quarterbacking is easy. Next time you have the opportunity to blow the whistle on a major government scandal, stand up proudly in front of the white house and yell the truth out at the masses! Then keep doing so while you're being tortured in Guantanamo Bay.

Had Snowden stayed here, he'd have vanished or been killed.

News Comments > PC FIFA 15 Using Next-Gen Engine
23. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2014, 22:30 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 20:58:
Rigs wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 20:53:
Given all that, maybe it's just better to leave it as it is and just deal with it...

=-Rigs-=

Needs a suitably manly name to go with such a manly sport:

GRIDIRONBALL

They should just call it "The National Football League Game!"

*5 morons laugh uproariously*

News Comments > Star Citizen Patched
21. Re: Star Citizen Patched Jun 7, 2014, 19:41 Creston

Dev wrote on Jun 7, 2014, 19:18:
Hmm, anyone else think that more than the vote, they want to give access temporarily to the newest ships so you can be tantalized and buy them once they take them away?

You're too young to be this cynical.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jun 7, 2014, 16:55 Creston

Oh Bobby, you miserable sack of shit. Here's hoping they pull a Martha Stewart on you and send your dumb ass to jail for a few years.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2014, 11:25 Creston

To all the vets of D-Day who are still alive: Thank you. (even though the odds of you reading this are probably very very slim.)

We had one elderly gentleman in church who had been a fighter pilot over the Pacific during WW2. I'd go visit him from time to time just to see the pictures and other things he had, and listen to his stories. They were incredible.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 6, 2014, 11:20 Creston

Yeah it's getting quite fantastic. I hope Zuckerman gets fucking scurvy.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 6, 2014, 11:08 Creston

Two hundred dollars. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Mini-Delay
4. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Mini-Delay Jun 6, 2014, 11:07 Creston

I'll admit I haven't really kept track of this one. Is it like that dragonknight divinity game, where you can change into a dragon, and it's sorta Skyrim-lite, or is it like that Diablo / ARPG game they made?  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 6, 2014, 11:04 Creston

Maybe Mattrick can admit that he has no business being in the games industry, because he apparently doesn't know shit about it.

Though at least he provides easy jokes.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Released
114. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 5, 2014, 16:14 Creston

dj LiTh wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 13:52:
CryEngine 3 was used for Crysis2, and wasnt that one of the big complaints, the small environments? Also even a big environment in a fps would be minuscule in a space setting.

The small environments in Crysis 2 were a result of design decisions, not a result of the engine. Crysis 3 has some pretty spankingly huge maps and it's built with the same engine.

And sure, space is bigger than an FPS map. Space is also empty.

News Comments > Sniper Elite V2 Free Today
26. Re: Sniper Elite V2 Free Today Jun 5, 2014, 16:12 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 13:07:
Hmm, you posted this still within the free window. That's expired now. Can you try it again? I did what Beam did and completely DL'd it. Was wondering if I really had to.

Sure. I exited Steam from task tray. Opened it back up. Installed the update. Logged in.

Game is still there.

(It wouldn't make any sense for it NOT to be there, imo.)

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel in October; Preorders; New Trailer
8. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel in October; Preorders; New Trailer Jun 5, 2014, 16:05 Creston

Dagnamit wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 11:36:
nin wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 09:34:
I'll pick it up for cheap. I'd be a lot more excited if I hadn't burnt myself out playing 2 forever. (And that's more my fault than the games...)

I agree on the burnout. BL2 has a huge flaw (solo, at least), which was that my character never felt like it was getting more powerful as the game went on. The treadmill was not terribly rewarding.

Power in BL (and BL2) comes almost solely from items, and since the drop rate in BL2 is fucking atrocious, it's VERY easy to have the game just outlevel you rather than the other way around. The first time I tried TVHM I had shitty weapons, and it took me six fucking hours just to make it to Sanctuary.

Borderlands is fun when you're crazy powerful and you can wipe stuff out quickly. Not overleveled, because then the enemies can't kill you, but if you're right on the level cusp and have good weapons, it's an insane amount of fun.

It's just too bad that Gearbox, for whatever fucked up reason, decided that people should have to grind two thousand hours to get a decent weapon to drop.

In any case, nothing about this new episode looks at all interesting, so I will gladly skip it.

News Comments > 64-Bit PC Dead Rising 3 Confirmed
21. Re: 64-Bit PC Dead Rising 3 Confirmed Jun 5, 2014, 16:00 Creston

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 13:34:
Creston wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 12:28:
Will it come with GfMFWL? It IS Capcom after all.

"Dead Rising 3 for PC will include Steam platform support with Steam Achievements, Steam Cloud, Steam Trading Cards, global leaderboards and full game controller support. Also compatible with the keyboard and mouse, players will be able to toggle back and forth between the two in real time. "

Wooosh.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Conspiracy! DLC Released
13. Re: Watch Dogs Conspiracy! DLC Released Jun 5, 2014, 15:59 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 14:11:
The AR games are terrible. The only good one is the Carmageddon like one....

The spider one isn't fun? It looked fun in preview videos.

News Comments > Why World of Darkness Went Dark
10. Re: Why World of Darkness Went Dark Jun 5, 2014, 12:31 Creston

panbient wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 12:10:
Original management gets lucky, grows arrogant, developers suffer, arrogance fails to pay the bills, studio folds.

So, basically like 3DRealms then? (I guess they haven't folded yet, but eh.)

News Comments > 64-Bit PC Dead Rising 3 Confirmed
3. Re: 64-Bit PC Dead Rising 3 Confirmed Jun 5, 2014, 12:28 Creston

Will it come with GfMFWL? It IS Capcom after all.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Released
111. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 5, 2014, 12:03 Creston

Fly wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 00:51:
The engine can handle details but NOT massive environments.

Wot? It's the crysis 3 engine. It's just fine at massive environments. In fact, massive environments and pretty graphics have been just about the only things that Crytek's engines have all been good at.

News Comments > Sniper Elite V2 Free Today
23. Re: Sniper Elite V2 Free Today Jun 5, 2014, 11:59 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 00:46:
Hyatus wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 00:08:
You don't have to install it immediately. Just click the install button. It won't automatically download.

It doesn't go into your library until it's installed.

Erm, it's sitting in my Games list and I've not installed it. Not sure what you guys are going on about. You click install and it just assigns it to your games list just as if you would buy it. Then you can choose to immediately download and install it, or just leave it there.

The game gets assigned to your account when you hit install, whether you actually download it or not.

22963 Comments. 1149 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo