Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 22117 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
45. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 10, 2014, 17:59 Creston

Beamer wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 12:26:
3D is pretty much a dead technology at this point, with manufacturers announcing they're no longer producing 3DTVs.

Good.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

44. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 10, 2014, 17:56 Creston

Its hard to understate how incredibly important Titanfall is for Xbox, Yusuf Mehdi, chief marketing and strategy officer for devices and studios at Microsoft, said in an interview.

"We are getting our asses handed to us by Sony in sales, our machine is badly underpowered, it's a hundred bucks more expensive, and people STILL won't believe us when we say that Kinect is awesome, even though it really is basically just the same lame camera we shafted everyone with on the 360.

"We need a great game so that people ignore what a shitty console we made, and just buy on blind hype alone. Nothing else will save us."

News Comments > Morning Previews
8. Re: Morning Previews Mar 10, 2014, 17:52 Creston

Fion wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 10:03:
I still haven't finished Witcher 1, let alone 2. I'm trying but it's an older title with lots of little quirks. I'm half tempted to just watch a video summary and move on to Witcher 2.

Yeah it's a bit of a slog to get through at times. I finally gave up and just used a guide, which helped a lot.

There's a lot of story in it, and I do think it's fun to have played them both in order, but you could probably fairly easily skip 1 and just play 2.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 9, 2014, 20:01 Creston

Ludomancer wrote on Mar 9, 2014, 16:33:
ASeven wrote on Mar 9, 2014, 13:07:
Glad to see Banished is still hanging on quite well in there.

BTW Blue, Dark Souls II, not III.

And there's an R in there, unless "Dak Souls III" is the Bostonian version of the game, or something else entirely.

Then it would be Daaaaahk Soouhls.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Archer! Mar 8, 2014, 12:10 Creston

Quboid wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 12:00:
How good is Archer season 5? The new setting sounded it could be a shark jump.

It's fun. It's just plain old Archer, basically, though the settings are new and the meta-plots are a little different. But they're still all just fucking with each other in absolutely brilliant ways.

The last episode where he tries to recruit Kenny Loggins to sing at Lana's baby shower was just brilliant.
"What the shit, Kenny Loggins?!"

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2014, 12:08 Creston

You can wash coffee beans, can't you?

Shit, I'd have just washed them and used them.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
2. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 8, 2014, 12:07 Creston

Get political ads on your dashboard, only on Xbone! Buy one now! Only $500!

We promise the ads will be in 1080p!!

News Comments > Interceptor Sees Blood?
3. Re: Interceptor Sees Blood? Mar 8, 2014, 12:05 Creston

"Hey guys, we bought 3D Realms, Apogee! We're going to do a new Duke Nukem game, though the rights belong to Gearbox, and failing that, we're going to do a new Blood game, though the rights belong to Atari."

Solid plans there, fellas.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
50. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 20:47 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 13:44:
Creston wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 12:35:
Speaking of awesome RPGs coming out this year, not sure how far they are from release, but Skywind may just beat all of them.

Okay, now that looks very cool. Remind us again when finished?

No idea. They're done with the entire world map, so now they're porting over quests. It may easily take another year.

News Comments > Tomb Raider "Exceeded Profit Expectations"
19. Re: Tomb Raider Mar 7, 2014, 13:54 Creston

panbient wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 12:43:
Really? Because it sounds to me more like a situation where CD is only comparing its current sales to its past sales and S-E is comparing them to the industry rather than their personal history. It's a whole hell of a lot easier to make calls for celebration when you're only comparing yourself to your past rather than your current peers.

When the game sold six million copies in its first month, SE pointedly say that it was "less than expected" and "a disappointment."

Now, apparently, they have given to go-ahead for a sequel. Why? So they can be disappointed again?

That's not to say 6 million sales is anything to scoff at or that the initial 3 million in the first week were anything short of extraordinary. But how does it compare to something like the last Uncharted game?

There is also this thing called reality. Not every game can be Uncharted, GTA or Call of Duty, and not every game can sell like it. Any publisher that pretends their game is going to soar to such heights, history of the franchise be damned (and Tomb Raider had never sold more than ~4 million copies), are a bunch of delusional fucking morons that, again, have no fucking clue what they are doing.

8. Re: National Day of Unplugging Mar 7, 2014, 12:47 Creston

MajorD wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 11:05:
I think this is a great idea for awareness. I don't know how many times I've been out to dinner and seen people sitting across from each other engaged in very little to no conversation with their faces lit up by their phones. It's pretty sad.

My wife did that to me the other day, and I literally said "Are you fucking kidding me?"

She didn't even realize she was doing it anymore. If she had to unplug for 24 hours, she'd probably wilt.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2014, 12:45 Creston

I would totally be up for unplugging for 24 hours, if it wasn't for the fact that

A) My job involves being plugged in.
B) Battle of Lion's Arch is running, yo!

41. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 12:42 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 12:21:
To me it depends on the size of the area's before it needs to load. I feel there have been several other games that have been considered "Open World" that still had load screens at some point. So I do agree it's not like Skyrim in there are no outside loads. But Skyrim vs Any other Bioware game, this seems to be much closer to Skyrim in this manner than their other works. If they do things right, this will be known as a big move forward for Bioware, they had imo the worst engine for many years.

Yeah, I'm not implying that it's going to be worse than Skyrim or anything; heck it might be better for all we know. I just don't want people to see "It's like Skyrim!" and get their hopes it, and then realize it's not actually like Skyrim.

Entering buildings and such with no loads is a very cool feature and shouldn't be dismissed. I feel I rather have that and a few large zone loads. We shall see.

I agree with that. It makes it feel more like a part of the world.

As anything this could suck, but I see several things that I like about it in design any way.

I honestly don't think it will suck. Bioware knows how to craft a good "Bioware RPG", so if you like those, I think this will be a very enjoyable game.

40. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 12:35 Creston

Speaking of awesome RPGs coming out this year, not sure how far they are from release, but Skywind may just beat all of them.  

36. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 11:54 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 05:34:
Cabezone wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 18:04:
Cinematic trailer are completely useless.

Worse is that this is in-game graphics, and it looks horrible and really really barren and bland...

Yeah, no, it really doesn't. It looks pretty damn beautiful.

35. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 11:50 Creston

Raptor wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 03:35:
Poor man's "The Witcher" eh.
They used to be trend setters not follow-up people...

That was a looooong time ago, sadly. Though you can argue that really the only ones they are following up are themselves, as nobody makes the kind of RPGs they do.

I do think that if the Witcher 3 is as awesome as it looks (and I'm really kind of skeptical about it, since it all seems too good to be true), it's going to make a lot of RPGs look really shitty in comparison. (not just visually, gameplay wise as well.)

34. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 11:48 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 02:08:
Where Skyrim you can walk from one end to another without a load outside, DA3 is promising no loads for going into buildings or caves. It could be argued that there is then less loading in DA3 than Skyrim.

I don't think the amount of loading matters. I think it matters whether you can actively walk from one end of the playable map to the other without ever skipping a step. Realistically it's still loading in the background anyway, even if you don't see a "loading" screen.

In DA3 you will not be able to do this. There are zones, and the zones aren't side by side, so to speak. If you go from zone A to zone B, you're skipping over the stuff in between.

And while I'm not sure about it, Bioware has seemed to indicate that the zones "open up" as you go further into the game, so not all zones may be accessible right from the start. (just like it was in DA:O.)

That's just not an open world game.

Now, could it be bigger than Skyrim, land-mass wise? Undoubtedly. And I'm not saying it's a bad thing that DA3 chooses to go this route, it just can't be called an open world game like Skyrim.

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2014, 11:37 Creston

Reports suggest that the Xbone is really a rather underpowered piece of shit. And it can be yours for only $500! Make sure to wave at the GCHQ guys through your Kinect!  

News Comments > DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details
12. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 11:35 Creston

In other words: Expect the same bullshit when BF5 launches.

News Comments > Tomb Raider "Exceeded Profit Expectations"
13. Re: Tomb Raider Mar 7, 2014, 11:28 Creston

In other words: Nobody at Square Enix knows what the FUCK they are doing.

It must be a great feeling as a dev to work for a publisher that is so utterly fucking inept. It used to be you could only get that working for EA, but fortunately now there are two of them. Game devs the world over, rejoice!

22117 Comments. 1106 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo