Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 23523 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 9, 2014, 16:05 Creston

And by permanent we mean "until we decide to turn it off" and by substantial we mean "it'll have a few two year old titles." He's already hedging his bets with the case-by-base basis stuff and having no idea how long it would be before anything gets added.

People that fork over money for this crap are sadly deluded. It's 20 bucks a year to play old EA titles. Woot?

Asked if he was disappointed by Sony's stance, Moore said: "It's tough for me to comment on Sony's comments. I think they made themselves pretty clear."

Yeah, it's hard to imagine how they could have made themselves any clearer when they said it offered basically no value whatsoever.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Boss Key Looking to Re-earn Trust
9. Re: Boss Key Looking to Re-earn Trust Aug 9, 2014, 16:03 Creston

The possibilities for aiming and movement are boiling out of my head, imagine what happens when someone plays with mobility in a PC FPS

Oh, you mean like we've been saying all along, when you were in your "FUCK THE PC GAMERS!" mode?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
13. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 9, 2014, 12:37 Creston

mag wrote on Aug 9, 2014, 04:30:
Creston wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 16:20:
900 writers sticking up for a piece of shit publisher who was already found guilty of price fixing in the Apple trial, and is still trying to collude to artificially keep ebook prices way higher than they should be.

I'll be very interested to see the ad this Sunday, so I know which 900 authors to avoid in the future. Fuck you and your attempts at price fixing. Fuck you right up your fucking ass with a rusty pipe.

Oh my god. The authors don't set the prices. They just want Amazon--who has a near stranglehold on the market, who is the gatekeeper to book sales in the US--to stop deliberately refusing to sell their books.

OHMYGAWD, and WHY is Amazon refusing to sell their books (and let's get serious here, they are not refusing to sell them, they're just taking their sweet time in shipping them)? Because the authors' shit-ass publisher, Hachette, is trying to force Amazon to charge more for E-Books and to make it so that E-Books can't be lowered in price or go on sale, etc. Aka, price fixing.

You know, the thing the DOJ sued them, and five other publishers, and Apple over, and that they were FOUND GUILTY OF?

It sucks for the small-time authors who signed a deal with Hachette, I agree, but I'm not sure why we should just all bow our heads and agree to price-fixing for the sake of several hundred authors. And the fact that big name authors are whining about this is the height of fucking arrogance. Maybe someone should tell Suzanne Collins her books were 1-3 on Amazon's top E-book list for like 80000 months in a row, and that she likely has a large part of her success and her money to thank to Amazon.

News Comments > Another The Crew Beta This Month
11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 9, 2014, 12:33 Creston

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 9, 2014, 07:43:
The procedurally generated areas were always ridiculously windy roads, no fun to drive on because you NEVER got out of third gear.

Jeremy Clarkson just had an orgasm.

5. Re: Another The Crew Beta This Month Aug 8, 2014, 21:02 Creston

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 17:08:
Creston wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 16:36:
Did anyone play the beta? Any feedback on the actual driving?

I didn't mind it. It's definitely very arcadey but I thought it played pretty well. Some placed that were really down on it when it was shown at E3 2013 said it's improved a lot too. The engine had some glitches (though this was a proper beta, not a marketing beta) and it was locked to 30FPS on PC but I think I read that's supposed to change by release. The seamless co-op was really slick too. Has a lot of promise.

Thanks PA

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: Steam beta adds 'hide this game in my library' optionů Aug 8, 2014, 16:39 Creston

Verno wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 12:12:
No longer will Snuggle Truck haunt our lists!

I gave that gift to you guys with love, and THIS IS HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT IT??!

News Comments > Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition Announced
7. Re: Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition Announced Aug 8, 2014, 16:37 Creston

They announced the sequel, but that's it. It's being worked on, though.  

2. Re: Another The Crew Beta This Month Aug 8, 2014, 16:36 Creston

Did anyone play the beta? Any feedback on the actual driving?  

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 8, 2014, 16:20 Creston

900 writers sticking up for a piece of shit publisher who was already found guilty of price fixing in the Apple trial, and is still trying to collude to artificially keep ebook prices way higher than they should be.

I'll be very interested to see the ad this Sunday, so I know which 900 authors to avoid in the future. Fuck you and your attempts at price fixing. Fuck you right up your fucking ass with a rusty pipe.

News Comments > Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition Announced
5. Re: Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition Announced Aug 8, 2014, 16:15 Creston

I might pick it up again if it's cheap enough. I never thought the visuals were the problem, it was the driving that was the big issue.

Also, a lot of the DLC is of the overpowered variety, so depending on what they add, things might quickly get waaaaay too easy. Both Year of the Snake and Nightmare in North Point were actually pretty fun, so having those included is pretty cool.

All in all, since I already own most of it anyway, I doubt I'd pay more than 5 bucks for it, unless the graphical update is truly jaw-dropping.

7. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 8, 2014, 11:57 Creston

Redmask wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 07:10:
From what I can gather from google, this Pewdiepie just plays games? How is he any different from the millions of other people doing the same thing on Youtube. The world is strange.

He does weird/funny commentary while playing them. You either like that style of humor or you don't, but I'll say that watching him play Happy Wheels or Amnesia is pretty funny.

I think him having the most subscribed-to Youtube channel is just a function of people wanting to appear as if they're down with the popular stuff, so everyone subscribes to his channel because it's the thing to do.

All that said, I fail to see why it illicits such rage in certain people.

News Comments > Casey Hudson Departs BioWare
29. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2014, 11:45 Creston

NewMaxx wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 06:29:
If you want to see how a lead designer properly manages a team, check out Chris Avellone.

Because there was literally nothing wrong with Alpha Protocol, after all. The combat in that game played like a smooth, buttery dream. Kotor2? Best ending ever. Everything Chris Avellone touches turns to gold. (And was he even lead designer on anything? Isn't Josh Sawyer usually the lead?)

My point is to loop back to the Sun Tzu saying which is basically that the leader must not be vague about what is acceptable and it sounds awfully like this guy was vague.

How was he vague? He signed off on the ending that Mac Walters wrote by himself, likely because they were just a few months away from shipping and still did not have an ending. He likely didn't have much choice at that point anymore.

I'm not giving him a pass on the ME3 ending (they definitely should have involved the other writers, especially since Mac Walters is a fucking hack,) but the guy led development on four great games. He deserves more kudos for that than for fucking up one ending (which, again, they later fixed anyway.)

News Comments > etc.
1. Steam Beta Aug 8, 2014, 11:39 Creston

Finally...

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 8, 2014, 11:23 Creston

Oh good...

News Comments > Sierra Entertainment Revival
8. Re: Sierra Entertainment Revival Aug 8, 2014, 11:20 Creston

yay?

News Comments > Wings! Remastered Edition Takes Off This Year
4. Re: Wings! Remastered Edition Takes Off This Year Aug 8, 2014, 11:19 Creston

I played the shit out of Wings on my Amiga, (I actually played the shit out of all the Cinemaware games), but unless they make an incredible dogfighting module, I have no interest in revisiting it.

News Comments > The Making of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Part 2
2. Re: The Making of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Part 2 Aug 7, 2014, 23:55 Creston

awesome new gameplay opportunities

1) low-grav mutator
2) being able to use shitty 'oxygen' counter to boost in a jump
3) ...

and that was it. SO AWESOME!

15. Re: Casey Hudson Departs BioWare Aug 7, 2014, 23:53 Creston

NKD wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 19:37:
Flatline wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 19:09:
Is he the guy who supposedly locked himself away for ME3 and wrote that "ending"?

That'd be the guy...

No, that was Mac Walters. Casey didn't write it. Rumors say that Casey signed off on the ending wholeheartedly, but on the flipside, they were like two months away from shipping and Walters still hadn't figured out how to actually end the story, so at that point you'd probably sign off on anything, even the turd of an ending that Walters finally crapped out.

They deserved all the flak they got for the ME3 ending (even though they made it a bit better with the extended cut, and did actually release an Ending DLC without calling it that), but in the end Casey was project director on KOTOR, and lead on the Mass Effect trilogy. Those are four great, great games that he was in charge of, and I think he deserves much appreciation for that.

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 2014, 23:59.

14. Re: Casey Hudson Departs BioWare Aug 7, 2014, 23:51 Creston

Sucks, because he was an awesome lead designer, and Bioware will get worse because of it.

Ten bucks says he'll join Oculus.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Access Expands
8. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Access Expands Aug 7, 2014, 12:13 Creston

The game has... what, 600000 backers or so? I'd be curious to know how many people have AC access, and how many of them are actually playing. If they're handling several hundred thousand people playing at once, that'd be a good sign.

23523 Comments. 1177 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo