Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 25736 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Ultima 8 Free on Origin
13. Re: Ultima 8 Free on Origin Apr 29, 2015, 12:03 Creston

ItBurn wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 03:57:
I actually replayed it like 2 years ago. Still good, but get a walkthrough! Damn we had a lot of free time as kids.

Hahahaha, so true.

I look at all these games I used to love taking 50 hours to learn and now I'm like "Where am I supposed to go? HELLO?!"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Ultima 8 Free on Origin Apr 29, 2015, 12:02 Creston

Aero wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 03:30:
I wouldn't mind Origin hooking us up with the Crusader games for free. I'd like to give those another go, though it's likely one of those games that didn't really age well.

I think they actually did give away Crusader a few months ago. In any case, it has NOT aged well. I tried playing it about a year ago and got very frustrated very quickly. The game simply lacks frames of animation, so your crusader is sorta blipping around the screen when you dodge/roll, the control scheme is fucking terrible, the aiming a pain in the ass, etc. It's amazing how much more refined those things have become.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2015, 12:00 Creston

InBlack wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 11:01:
Yeah I figured as much, it's not like we make a habit of feeding her human foodstuffs. Still thanks for the heads up although she only had a few bites the one time we dropped some onions on the kitchen floor.

No worries dude. I didn't know either, but my wife is on top of that stuff. I thought to give them a piece of cake not too long ago, and since that has eggs in it, it's a no go for dogs as well.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2015, 11:59 Creston

Verno wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 10:50:
Years ago my girlfriends dog got into her chocolate cabinet while we were out at the show. She had everything in there, chocolate with almonds, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, cocoa bars and basically nothing good for dogs. It was a huge stash of chocolate like only women can keep and he ate the whole fucking thing except for a few things he didn't manage to tear apart. I warned her about this before (it was near the ground) but she insisted she always kept it locked. We get back and hes sitting there covered in chocolate, there are wrappers everywhere (how the fuck?!) and he ate so much that hes laying on his side with his belly so distended it looked like he was pregnant. He wasn't a small dog but with the amount of theobromine he consumed I thought he would be dead by morning. Vet says on the phone nothing they can do since it happened hours before hand. He had a giant shit later and acted like nothing happened, no weird symptoms or etc. I was floored.

That's extremely lucky. (The dog has a cast-iron stomach, probably.)

A friend of mine, long ago, had his dog eat maybe two or three pieces of chocolate, and the poor thing shit and vomited for 24 hours straight, and though it didn't die, it suffered some kind of life-long issues as a result from it.

My own doggie ate a raisin not too long ago. A single freaking raisin. Wound up at the pet emergency room with him because he wouldn't stop vomiting up huge blasts of nasty, yellow bile every five minutes. (it was a fun 30 minute car ride too...)

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans
37. Re: Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans Apr 29, 2015, 11:51 Creston

Really? Banning people over FOV mods because you couldn't be bothered to put a normal FOV for desk use into your game?

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2015, 09:57 Creston

nin wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 09:52:
InBlack wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 09:43:
I don't think they like the high salt content.

Bet you're right!

But dogs will lick the sweat right off your arms if you've been sweating, and it tastes salty as everything.

Dogs are just weird.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2015, 09:57 Creston

InBlack wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 09:35:
We discovererd one day by accident that my girlfriend's dog likes onions, she takes a bite. Sneezes for a bit, then takes another bite, sneezes for a bit, etc. (as long as you keep giving her onions)

Please don't give dogs raw onions, as they are EXTREMELY TOXIC TO DOGS!! They will damage their red blood cells.

Onions contain an ingredient called thiosulphate which is toxic to cats and dogs. The ingestion of onions causes a condition called hemolytic anemia, which is characterized by damage to the red blood cells. Onion toxicity can cause the red blood cells circulating through your pet's body to burst.

Please stop doing that. Please.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2015, 09:55 Creston

My dog eats poop but won't eat saltines.

I believe, as they say, it is your move, Mr. Blue.

News Comments > Shadowrun Chronicles - Boston Lockdown Released
1. Re: Shadowrun Chronicles - Boston Lockdown Released Apr 28, 2015, 23:12 Creston

Was this known as Shadowrun Online before?  

5. Re: Ultima 8 Free on Origin Apr 28, 2015, 23:11 Creston

harlock wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 21:39:
anyone remember that amiga game "immortal"? talk about a frustrating isometric game

Yeah that one may have caused the demise of one of my Amiga 1200s, when I kept bashing it in frustration.

Ultima 8 is a strange game. The jumping puzzles were shite, until they finally fixed them based off community feedback to make the Avatar Jump To Cursor rather than just Jump straight ahead, and the combat is hard to get a handle on, but the world, as always, is extremely well crafted, and the four different magic systems were unique enough that they didn't just feel copy/pasted.

News Comments > Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds
91. Re: Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds Apr 28, 2015, 15:03 Creston

Drayth wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 13:10:
They were going to leave the free one up. The new one was to have only new functions added (I think it was just mod menu stuff, mainly something to do with crafting), no changes or improvements over the existing functions of the free one.

I'd have been fine with that.

I'd also be fine if the SkyUI guys make a mod for the next Beth game (FO4;ES6 whatever) and charge for it from the get-go. SkyUI is definitely worth 5 or 10 bucks to me.

But it really needs to be from the get-go, not get switched over after four years.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Gameplay Trailer
22. Re: Just Cause 3 Gameplay Trailer Apr 28, 2015, 14:59 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 13:22:
Creston wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 13:16:
All of us here at Blues are already on the NSA's list for being "subversive elements!"
Free listing on the NSA comes bundled with the Blues forum registration

Come to think of it, have you ever seen Blue and General Keith B. Alexander in the same room together...?

I'm getting scared now. Cry

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Gameplay Trailer
19. Re: Just Cause 3 Gameplay Trailer Apr 28, 2015, 13:16 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 12:49:
Creston wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 11:04:
Fuck yeeeessss!

I practically squealed with glee when he flew that jet into the oil refinery. That looked so.effing.awesome.

I hear if you do that, the games sends a web service call to the NSA and you are put on a list.

All of us here at Blues are already on the NSA's list for being "subversive elements!"

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 28, 2015, 12:43 Creston

I'm pretty sure it's the no-kinect version.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 28, 2015, 12:42 Creston

Turns out there's a few side-levels, sorta, that load, but other than that, everything is seamless.

That's awesome.

News Comments > Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds
88. Re: Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds Apr 28, 2015, 11:33 Creston

OpticNerve wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 03:45:
I am curious though. There was a big backlash against certain popular modders who "sold out" and made their Skyrim mods paid only and/or took down their free version from Nexus. One mod that pops into mind is SkyUI. I wonder if this'll affect the community respect and popularity of his mod going forward after this fiasco.

I don't think SkyUI was taken down? I think they were just talking about it going paid-only. Even so, everyone and their dog had already downloaded the latest version of SkyUI and they hadn't done much development to it, if any, for well over a year if not more.

Them going paid only wouldn't have magically deleted everyone's older, freely downloaded version.

I was worried, however, that they'd continue to develop for it and that development would start causing issues.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 28, 2015, 11:19 Creston

No loading times would be rather bizarre. I think perhaps he means no loading screens?  

News Comments > Origin and AU Refunds
6. Re: Origin and AU Refunds Apr 28, 2015, 11:17 Creston

Defective games only. Considering the fact that EA called SimCity and BF4 at launch to "just have a few issues", good luck on them ever calling a game defective.  

News Comments > Kerbal Space Program Version 1.0 Launches
16. Re: Kerbal Space Program Version 1.0 Launches Apr 28, 2015, 11:14 Creston

ViRGE wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 23:56:
Creston wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 21:46:
ViRGE wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 20:05:
Today: Kerbal Space Program Version 1.0 Launches

Tomorrow: Kerbal Space Program Version 1.0 Crashes Due To Lack Of Thrust to Reach Escape Velocity

The solution is simple: More Thrusters. The solution is ALWAYS more thrusters!
The Day After: Kerbal Space Program Version 1.1 Explodes On Launchpad Due to Poorly Engineered Rockets

Poorly engineered rockets?? Allegedly! ALLEGEDLY! That's ignorant!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 28, 2015, 11:08 Creston

$175? Now it becomes interesting.

Dammit, slims only. I was going to foist off my "working but stops working after 10 minutes PS3" on them.

This comment was edited on Apr 28, 2015, 11:18.

25736 Comments. 1287 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo