Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 22100 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2014, 11:37 Creston

Reports suggest that the Xbone is really a rather underpowered piece of shit. And it can be yours for only $500! Make sure to wave at the GCHQ guys through your Kinect!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details
12. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 11:35 Creston

In other words: Expect the same bullshit when BF5 launches.

News Comments > Tomb Raider "Exceeded Profit Expectations"
13. Re: Tomb Raider Mar 7, 2014, 11:28 Creston

In other words: Nobody at Square Enix knows what the FUCK they are doing.

It must be a great feeling as a dev to work for a publisher that is so utterly fucking inept. It used to be you could only get that working for EA, but fortunately now there are two of them. Game devs the world over, rejoice!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2014, 01:36 Creston

BobBob wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 17:42:
Creston wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 11:50:
Verno wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 08:50:
I miss LA Not the horrible traffic and crime rate, just the consistency of the weather.

Oh God, Verno, now you're just going to get BobBob started.

It's been quite the sunny week. We did have a bit of much needed rain. Planning to hit the beach again this weekend.

You can be a thoroughly evil human being at times.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
23. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 01:13 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 18:47:
No more 2 square blocks and reload, this is promising even more openness than Skyrim.

Except it isn't. This is not an Open World game. The levels are more open than they have been, and will apparently allow for quite a bit of exploration, but to give a comparison, where in Skyrim you can walk from Riften to Markath, in DA3 you will exit out of the zone that Riften is in, and likely through a world map would go to the zone that Markath is in.

So it's not more open than Skyrim, and they've never said it would be. They've just said the levels/areas themselves would be more open. (although compared to DA2 that's not saying much, because DA2's levels were pathetic.)

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
22. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 01:10 Creston

Even though the story sounds like it'll just be the Bioware RPG Cliche all over again, I'm still pretty hopeful that this'll be a fun game to play, and have more in common with Origins than with the "We're trying to get the Call of Duty crowd to play our games!" DA2.

Not preordering from them anymore, but if DA3 gets good word of mouth, I'll probably pick it up.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 6, 2014, 12:29 Creston

Topevoli wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 11:51:
Creston wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 11:48:
I'm sure the Dutch taxpayers are immensely grateful for your 'work', BREIN.

Paid for by Hollywood, which ultimately comes out of our pockets in the form of higher licensing fees to Netflix, Redbox, increased costs of bluray discs etc.

Is it? I thought BREIN was a government operation. My bad then.

News Comments > MS Planning DirectX 12
44. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 12:28 Creston

Bundy wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 12:14:
I doubt any dev would exclude dx11, but what we'll probably see is the multiple render options. like how we already see today. You'll be able to pick dx11, dx12, mantle, etc. Most PC games do this.

Of course, but that in no way helps the adoption rate of DX12.

42. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 12:04 Creston

Simon Says wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 11:49:
Stop being stupid microsoft, well all know the latest directx would be a snap to implement on Win 7.

The funny thing is that MS is bleating to all developers "Come watch how awesome our new DirectX is!!!" and then they'll undoubtedly arbitrarily limit it to 12% (?) of the entire gaming market. (can't quite remember what the Win 8 adoption rate on Steam was, too lazy to look it up.)

Like any dev is going to make a game that automatically excludes 88% of their customers.

But hey, at least Microsoft has a Senior Vice President of Advanced Strategy. Because that right there is some Smart Thinking(tm)!

News Comments > Valve Reddit Interview
21. Re: Valve Reddit Interview Mar 6, 2014, 12:01 Creston

Yosemite Sam wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 18:13:
I still remember the jaw dropping abilities of Source when it was shown way back in 04.

Yeah, that loading screen every 30 seconds sure was spectacular.

I still don't get why everyone thought Source was the bomb's tits. It was the first (I think) to properly implement full physics, which was amazing, but in the end that was just HAVOK, so not really Source. It also was the first to do a great job at lipsyncing characters to what they were saying, which was incredibly immersive.

Other than that what was so impressive about it? I thought the Far Cry engine was a hundred times more impressive than Source. The entirety of Half Life 2 probably fit in one of Far Cry's bigger levels...

News Comments > OnLive Undead: Announces New Services
9. Re: Into the Black Mar 6, 2014, 11:54 Creston

InBlack wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 03:31:
NKD wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 21:12:
Haha I remember all the viral shill dickweeds all over the internet claiming this was going to be the best thing evarrrr.

Yeah, I got flamed repeatedly by certain 'people' on this board for claiming that this smelled like a fucking scam. Where are they now?

EA and Onlive have fired them for doing a pisspoor job at starting hype.

News Comments > OnLive Undead: Announces New Services
8. Re: OnLive Undead: Announces New Services Mar 6, 2014, 11:54 Creston

which makes OnLive the only digital download retailer that offers cloud play as an added benefit to game purchase.

How interesting. I guess all the years that I've been continuing save games between home and work computers through Steam were just in my imagination or something?

Fuck you, OnLive. Fuck your worthless-ass business model, fuck your piece of shit cloud servers and fuck your endless attempts to dictate to me how and when I play the games I fucking paid for. Oh, and fuck your shitty connection requirements.

tl;dr: FUCK YOU.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2014, 11:50 Creston

Verno wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 08:50:
I miss LA Not the horrible traffic and crime rate, just the consistency of the weather.

Oh God, Verno, now you're just going to get BobBob started.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 6, 2014, 11:48 Creston

I'm sure the Dutch taxpayers are immensely grateful for your 'work', BREIN.

31. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 11:34 Creston

We're putting two 'new' features in and making it Win 8.1 exclusive! It's a new DirectX! Your games will look and play absolutely not a cent better because of it! Upgrade now! No, really, upgrade now! Please? OH GOD, PEOPLE, WHAT WILL IT TAKE FOR YOU TO LOVE WINDOWS 8???!

News Comments > Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer
4. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 6, 2014, 11:32 Creston

Nice. There's never anything out in May, so this should be good fun to play then (hopefully.)  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
12. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 5, 2014, 21:51 Creston

That it Needs More Salt?

News Comments > Homeworld HD Becomes Homeworld: Remastered Edition
20. Re: Homeworld HD Becomes Homeworld: Remastered Edition Mar 5, 2014, 21:49 Creston

nin wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 20:19:
Creston wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 20:18:
All the hate for Gearbox notwithstanding, this sounds pretty damn excellent.

My only worry is that they're doing so much work on it they're going to price it at $30 or higher.

Surely they'll fuck it up some way, Creston.

You're too young to be this cynical.

News Comments > Homeworld HD Becomes Homeworld: Remastered Edition
11. Re: Homeworld HD Becomes Homeworld: Remastered Edition Mar 5, 2014, 20:18 Creston

All the hate for Gearbox notwithstanding, this sounds pretty damn excellent.

My only worry is that they're doing so much work on it they're going to price it at $30 or higher.

News Comments > Valve Reddit Interview
7. Re: Valve Reddit Interview Mar 5, 2014, 13:14 Creston

Steele Johnson wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 13:09:
I don't blame him for giving robotic answers that really don't amount to anything, because if they did, gamers would just pick apart everything he said and bash him just for the fun of it. I guess that's just the way it is now.

I agree that this is mostly just the way it is now, but I do wonder who really is more to blame for this situation: the gamers or the devs/publishers.

I'm pretty much in the camp that thinks that while there were some asshats in the past who shit on everything a dev/pub said or did, most people enjoyed the normal discourse and engaged them as human beings.

And then the lying kept getting worse and worse, and the bullshit hype machines kept getting worse and worse, and devs would just sit there and blatantly promise features A, B and C would be in their games while they knew full well none of those things were in, and is it really any wonder that gamers have just become distrusting by default, and will pick apart anything a guy says anymore? Why would you trust them?

I think Gabe is still one of the more trustworthy people in the industry, and I was still going "Hmmm...." when he gave that explanation about the VAC 'phoning home' a few weeks back.

22100 Comments. 1105 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo