Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 26515 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. That's cute. Nov 6, 2015, 10:20 Creston

The PS4 is 25% of the way to overtaking Prez.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Launch Schedule
8. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Launch Schedule Nov 6, 2015, 09:48 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 07:46:
have literally lost all my interest in RTS games nowadays. Like completely. The genre just flat out never progressed.

Isn't MOBA technically the progression of RTS?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 6, 2015, 09:06 Creston

We should start calling it the xbox 900.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Launch Trailer
65. Re: Fallout 4 Launch Trailer Nov 6, 2015, 09:01 Creston

Jerykk wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 23:02:
Wait, you can spend perk points to increase your attributes? So it's entirely possible to create a god-like character with maxed out attributes AND maxed out perks? Oh Bethesda, why are you so bad at balancing?

Well, seeing as how you'd need (if the "you start with 21" is true) 63-21 = 42 perk points just to max out your stats, and then another 70 perk points to just get every perk, and then probably another 140 to actually max them out (if I assume that every perk can, on average, be upgraded twice more), if you really feel like gaining 252 levels to do so, then I think you've probably earned it.

Out of the 10 million or so people that will buy this, I'm going to guess maybe 3 will ever actually do what you've just complained about.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Launch Trailer
36. Re: Fallout 4 Launch Trailer Nov 5, 2015, 16:00 Creston

Retired wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 15:55:
Removal of LEVEL CAP seems like a bad move as well....

No, that's actually the thing I am by far the most excited about.

News Comments > On Fallout 4's Graphics
9. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 4, 2015, 20:51 Creston

Razumen wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 20:18:
They've had years...and no excuses.

Sure they do. It'd be years in which they their programmers do nothing but create an entire new mod framework. That's years where they're not doing other stuff.

Of course, not to mention that their monstrous mod community would then have to learn a completely new engine.

And for what? So that the five "OMG TEH GRAPHICS AREWNT THE BESTESTTT!!!" people would buy it?

I fail to see the point. Their fans will still buy it and enjoy it, despite the fact that the graphics aren't as cool as the Witcher 3. :-shrug-:

News Comments > On Fallout 4's Graphics
2. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 4, 2015, 19:36 Creston

"Our new game has all the shiny graphics from 2010!"

KTR wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 19:24:
Still Gamebryo...

That's never going to change. It would take them YEARS to write a new engine with the same level of mod support as they have in this one.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
38. Re: Morning Screenshots Nov 4, 2015, 17:35 Creston

jimnms wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 02:52:
NamecaF wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 01:02:

Maybe the Vault has cryo-chambers?

That's basically what they hinted at in the E3 presentation. FO4 takes place after the events of FO3.

Ah, I didn't know they'd said that. I thought it was straight up 15 minutes of game, bomb falls, an hour in the vault, and then you're 20 years later out on the streets.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Jar Jar Nov 3, 2015, 22:22 Creston

That's just brilliant. Truly brilliant. It actually even MAKES SENSE.

Loved this in the comments:

JJ Abrams is sitting in his study right now twitching angrily, deciding who to call first concerning the leak."George, part of your fucking deal was to NOT. SAY. ANYTHING!!!"

"But....Jar Jar is the key to all of this...."

"SOMEONE FOUND OUT GEORGE! I DONT KNOW WHO YOU TOLD BUT... STOP IT. STOP IT WITH THE WHOLE but jar jar is the key derpderpderp ITS NOT FUCKING FUNNY GEORGE!"

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Nov 3, 2015, 22:08 Creston

I'd say let the poor guy see the movie, but on the flipside, I doubt it's done? I mean, filming etc is done, but post production work and editing are undoubtedly still ongoing?

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 3, 2015, 22:06 Creston

Awesome. Even more awesome is that the retards behind this company apparently fell victim to a fucking PHISHING attack. Other than little old ladies, who still fucking falls victim to a PHISHING attack???

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. PlayStation VR requires external processing unit Nov 3, 2015, 21:52 Creston

Heh. They just give you a PC to go with your PS4, to actually be able to render the VR.

News Comments > Anno 2205 Released
6. Re: Anno 2205 Released Nov 3, 2015, 21:48 Creston

I absolutely loved 2070, but if this has no sandbox my interest wanes massively. The story missions weren't bad in 2070, they just weren't as cool (to me) as the almost infinitely adjustable sandbox.

The only thing I really disliked in 2070 was just how ridiculously DLC heavy it was. I bought some kind of "game of the century" edition which came with large chunks of the DLC, added the expansion in with it (and still didn't actually include everything they released) and it did make me wonder how barren the original game must have been building-content wise.

I'll probably pick this up when there's a Somewhat Complete version next year.

32. Re: Morning Screenshots Nov 3, 2015, 21:35 Creston

jimnms wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 18:50:
Looking at the screen shots and the leaked videos, like Fallout 3, this doesn't look like something you'd see 200 years after a nuclear apocalypse. It looks more like 20 years.

Wouldn't that make sense? The game starts with you playing your character before the war, so it couldn't really then shift 200 years and you're still the same guy/girl.

26. Re: Morning Screenshots Nov 3, 2015, 18:08 Creston

Looks fine to me. I wish the graphical style had changed (it looks almost exactly like FO3, which was set in D.C. while this is in Boston), but other than that it's fine.

Anyone who plays a Bethesda game for its graphics really should know better.

16. Re: Star Trek Back On TV! Nov 2, 2015, 21:34 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 15:02:
I kind of agree with him on some level though. What made the ST TV series great were the dramatic exploration of human social, economic, philosophical, military, and other issues in a sci-fi setting. The Abrams universe has much less of that.

The Abrams universe has made two MOVIES. Movies about dramatic explorations of human social, economic, philosophical and military issues in a sci-fi setting draw exactly 12 visitors.

It's certainly possible that Kurtzman (note that Abrams is likely not going to be involved) will produce shows that are way more in line with the Star Trek of old. It's also possible that they'll produce TV shows that are 42 minutes of "KLINGONS! PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW! BANG THAT ALIEN SLUT!"

Until such a time as at least a modicum of information is available, I'm not certain why anyone would shit over the news of getting a new Star Trek show. Unless you were such a fan of Berman and Braga and want "Enterprise" to be the final memories you have of Star Trek...

This comment was edited on Nov 2, 2015, 23:58.

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Nov 2, 2015, 21:29 Creston

Tom wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 19:21:
RIP, Star Trek.

Star Trek was brutally murdered by Braga and Berman over a dozen years ago.

Who knows, the resurrection MIGHT be good. I'm not saying it's the most promising news, but it's possible they will take the tv series and build good plotlines in it and give a lot more focus on crew interaction etc, versus having to build a two hour movie that needs to pull today's ADD crowd into theaters.

At least this way we MIGHT get a good Star Trek show back on TV. If they never do anything, then Berman and Braga's "Enterprise" will have been Star Trek's swan song...

News Comments > Call of Duty Black Ops III Mod Support Plans
2. Re: Call of Duty Black Ops III Mod Support Plans Nov 2, 2015, 13:50 Creston

We will include Unranked Dedicated Server Files with the tools so you can run servers with modded content anywhere you choose.

:-blink-: :-blink-:

I knew something felt weird this morning. I woke up in the Shadow Universe!!

7. Star Trek Back On TV! Nov 2, 2015, 12:34 Creston

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Nov 2, 2015, 12:32 Creston

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 12:10:
Creston wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 11:19:
Syndicate looks very nice, at least. Very realistic portrayal of London. Anyone have any idea how badly they've mangled the PC port? (Is it even out yet, actually?)

It comes out in late November. Hopefully meaning they're giving Ubisoft Kiev enough time to make it a decent port this time.

Ubisoft Kiev deliver a decent port? The earth would shatter if that ever happened.

26515 Comments. 1326 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo