Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 24789 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Harvard Professor Dec 10, 2014, 16:37 Creston

Holy shit, what a fucking tool. Over four fucking dollars.

I mean, I'd have complained too, but after they offer to give you the four bucks back, what more do you want?

Even completely useless and "we have nothing to do anyway" city officials would go "What the fuck is this dude whining about? Four fucking dollars??"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2014, 16:30 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 15:23:
Oh, 10,000 comments. Guess I'm a loudmouth.

Damn, I think you got there faster than anyone before. You may even have beaten nin!

Grats, Ninja!

(Pfeh, Ninjas! )

News Comments > No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe
125. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 10, 2014, 16:25 Creston

Out of curiosity, can you own multiple ships in E:D? And if you do, can you control the ones you're not flying remotely? (basically like in X, for those of you who've played it.)

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans
91. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 10, 2014, 16:17 Creston

Verno wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 16:03:
Have they said at all when to expect the next patch? I suppose after this mess it will be a good while and that's not a bad thing.

So far I haven't seen a peep out of Bioware on their forums. Which is good, hopefully it means they're trying to fix all this bullshit.

I'm nearly at the end of my first playthrough, probably a few hours left, after which I'm going to put it away for a few months. I'll play again in February when hopefully they've at least fixed some of this stuff.

There's no point in playing and hoping for the next patch to fix shit if their patches aren't tested on PC at all, and breaks shit for 100% of all people, then you have to wait for hotfixes etc.

Great game, again poor implementation on the PC, amazing graphics options notwithstanding.

89. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 10, 2014, 15:57 Creston

It's still a great game, their pisspoor patch and stupid DRM debacle of the last 24 hours notwithstanding. It's not perfect, but it's a lot of fun. I just watched a video of a poor guy who after the patch is getting 10 second freezes every 2 seconds, and the "before" part was of him playing a stealth archer in a way that just dropped my jaw. He never even got hit. He was running and dancing and stealthing all over the place, and it honestly looked fun as hell. It looked so much fun that I may just play an archer next, rather than a Qunari Reaver.

Edit: Video here. five posts down.

The UI is bad, but it doesn't keep you from playing. It could just be a lot smoother. The fact I can't just extend my hotkey bar across the bottom of my screen like I could in DA:O and DA2 is baffling.

I'm a mage, and I have 8 slots for spells... And one of those HAS to be a Focus spell, otherwise Focus won't actually build. (took me awhile to figure that one out.) And as the Inquisitor, you have two Focus spells... And I need one for the Spectral Blade, so that leaves me with a grand total of FIVE (count 'em!) slots for mage spells from five different schools.

The most annoying thing is really the looting, though. (well, and the inventory.) Going into a room and seeing 8 things to loot, and having to walk over manually to the first one, click F, click space to loot all, walk over to the next one, click F, click space, walk over... sigh.

In DA:O "right click, right click, right click. Done."

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 2014, 16:18.

87. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 10, 2014, 15:46 Creston

nin wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 15:42:
Creston wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 15:37:
Here's evidence. 5th post down. There had been several screenshots before that one too, and more verbal acknowledgements of the issue. Seems to happen to all language versions too.

(I did say that it happened to "all" people, which I don't actually know for sure, my bad.)

"GUISE WHY U HAET ORIGIN?"

Hehe. And Origin support is saying "Yeah, that's Bioware's problem. Talk to them."

85. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 10, 2014, 15:37 Creston

Verno wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 15:21:
Haha why do they keep doing stupid shit like this? They said it was a one time activation pre-release. That's really unacceptable to pull that shit now especially considering they are actively interfering with people playing the game.

Yeah, I dunno. I don't get it either.

Here's evidence. 5th post down. There had been several screenshots before that one too, and more verbal acknowledgements of the issue. Seems to happen to all language versions too.

(I did say that it happened to "all" people, which I don't actually know for sure, my bad.)

One page on, halfway in the middle, someone posts a screenshot of the Origin log which basically goes

License Request Server HTTP response code = 404
License Request Server response state code = 4

and it repeats like 4 times before just going "404 error encountered obtaining license."

Again, these were all people who had already been playing. They got this since applying the patch.

Sigh

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 2014, 15:45.

84. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 10, 2014, 15:31 Creston

Quinn wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 15:20:
The sad thing is that you'll probably get away with this. Somehow.

Well, here's something for you to consider: The reason I put you on ignore to begin with was that you personally attacked me out of the blue in an argument. And that gets you put on the shitlist.

You got away with that, so yeah, I'll get away with this. Quid Pro Quo.

Since I'm tired of this, I'm going back to ignoring you. Do the smart thing, ignore me too, and stop your pathetic snipes on people you know full well are ignoring you. (Which isn't just me, it's several people you do that to.) I've actually already called you out on that exact bullshit before, but apparently you can't help yourself.

News Comments > SimCity 2000 Free on Origin
16. Re: SimCity 2000 Free on Origin Dec 10, 2014, 15:14 Creston

Krovven wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 14:37:
You don't even need to install Origin to get the free games.

Log into the website, click the button for the free game (don't launch Origin), check My Account>Order History and the game should be listed there.

You'd still need Origin to download it, though?

On a somewhat related note...Crysis 3 on Origin for $7.50 is tempting. Think I'll wait though, as I'm still working on FarCry 3.

So from those that played it, how is Crysis 3? I quite liked Crysis 2. While some people said it was too linear, the arenas were large enough and offered multiple paths and options to get through them. Which is exactly the same as Crysis; the jungle and cliffs etc. just hid it more easily.

If you liked Crysis 2, Crysis 3 is more of the same. The maps are more expansive this time around, and a little less linear (it's still generally "move in this direction", though). Graphically it's phenomenal, steps above Crysis 2.

But...

1) It is really damn short. 8 hours if you're slow as hell and look in every nook and cranny. If you run through, I doubt it'd take 5 hours.

2) The bow, which can be fired in stealth and keeps you in stealth, makes the game way too easy. Too counter that they've massively increased the amount of enemies in setpiece areas, but even so it's still a breeze. Other than a few scripted areas where if you take a wrong step you die, I don't think I ever died on Hard.

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 2014, 15:28.

80. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 10, 2014, 15:12 Creston

Btw, if you haven't patched yet, definitely don't do it now, because apparently everyone who patched in the last ten hours or so is getting an error from Origin that the game can't be activated (apparently it needs to be reactivated every patch, because you might have gone from being someone who bought it to a pirate in the space of three weeks).

Origin support is saying "eh, yeah, that's Bioware's problem."

Quite a few posts of that kind on the PC patch thread on their forum.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 10, 2014, 15:08 Creston

They're going to have MLB online host it, and that's actually a quality online video service. Only downside is that it is NOT low-bandwith friendly. I always subscribed to MLB.tv, but about four years ago or so their SD broadcast suddenly like tripled in bandwith requirements and I couldn't stream it anymore without buffering every 30 seconds.

If you're on a good connection, though, it's solid. Good quality and hardly ever any interruptions in the stream.

79. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 10, 2014, 15:02 Creston

Quinn wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 14:19:
Typical attitude luckily only a select few on this forum here share. You're not as funny or witty as you think, boy.

I wasn't being witty or funny, mongrel. If you had half a fucking braincell, you'd understand that.

Oh, all this bullying you have to put up with from people who ignore you and wouldn't actually ever say a damn thing to you if you'd stop trying to be a smartass and pathetically snipe at them every opportunity you get in your desperate attempts to appear cool. But you're too GODDAMN FUCKING STUPID to figure that out. You're even more retarded than TrollinDipshit was. Congratulations. You've finally achieved something in your life.

News Comments > SimCity 2000 Free on Origin
12. Re: SimCity 2000 Free on Origin Dec 10, 2014, 14:05 Creston

Now that they've finally implemented being able to port a game between computers without having to download it again, I have very few problems with Origin. And I have no idea why people hate the idea of free games. I grab every one of these, even if I never plan on playing them. Shit, it's free, why the hell not?

72. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 10, 2014, 13:57 Creston

Quinn wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 13:09:
The lead Q/A guy was playing it with M/KB during a 1H+ TWITCH feature a month before release.

Nice try, but that wasn't the lead QA guy. Allan Schumacher is the lead QA, he's never been in any of the Twitch streams. He specifically said on the forum that he rarely used M/KB, and played the PC version with a controller because that's the control method he was used to since he had to use it for the other four platforms. I'd link the post, but that forum is moving so rapidly that I'd have to spend hours trying to find it again, and quite frankly I don't give two shits whether you believe it or not.

I wonder why neither I nor all my RL friends have any problems with the controls at all except tactical cam (which is fucked up in general)?

Because maybe your opinions are different? OMG REVELATIONS.

It goes to show that the internet is a breeding pit for people moaning shit out of proportion.

Lik me reet, zeikwijf. Je jankt net zo hard als ieder ander hier, maar dat zie je nooit want je bent te druk bezig met jezelf inbeelden dat je een of andere held van PC gaming bent. Je mag dan wel een kut van goud hebben, maar als je zeikt stinkt ie toch.

I feel like a goddamn broken record, defending this game like I do. But I feel that I must make at least as much noise as those people who manage to make the game sound like a horrid piece of console-port garbage because they moan so hard about having to hold down a freaking attack-button.

Blablablablabla ONLY MY OPINION IS VALID. Is it cold in that ivory tower of yours? Also, explain how a patch which breaks the graphical settings for EVERY SINGLE PC PLAYER ever gets through QA if they actually treated this as a PC game? That should be amusing.

Go watch gameplay videos. www.twitch.com. My friends and I consider this game the RPG of the century.

Well, that about says it all...

Has to mean something, even though we're Dutch. xD

Yep, it means you have either played very few RPGs, or just have absolutely zero taste, but then again we'd already confirmed that previously.

En het feit dat je Nederlander bent maakt je niet special of zo, hoor, dus ik heb geen idee waarom je het steeds nodig vindt om dat te vermelden. Je ging zeker naar Nijenrode op school?

"BUT THE CONTRO--!" "THEY'RE NOT THAT BAD, FFS! Now go back and play your game. You've only spent 80+ hours on this console-port garbage so far."

Not included in your pissy rant is that I've said many times over that it's a great game, and am enjoying it. I've also said that the graphical options are stellar, I'm pretty sure even in this thread. At the same time the UI is fucking terrible. If you don't think so, fine. Large large large amounts of PC players do think so, and you're not some kind of fucking larger-than-life PC gaming legend who gets to dictate reality.

Now go back and whine about how you're being bullied.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 10, 2014, 13:43 Creston

Berkes delayed product launches and was unable to deliver on upgrades. “If you look at what [HBO Go] is today versus two years ago, he hasn’t really done anything,” one source said.

Well, of course not! That's How It's Done at Microsoft. At MS he'd have been promoted three times and gotten a 40 million dollar bonus.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder)
29. Re: Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder) Dec 10, 2014, 13:35 Creston

I can just picture devs going

"We have to implement a harder difficulty."
"Okay. So..." *types in config file* "Monster damage +60%, monster health +7000%, player damage -50%. DONE!"
"That won't work! Our monster already kills everything in 1 hit!"
"Oh, yeah... Well, then I guess we can... eh..."
"..."

*crickets*

Joking aside, it sounds like they actually implemented a cool new mode, and if the AI actually does do what they say it does, that'd be sweet. Then again, this is Creative Assembly, and their "skills" at writing AI are rather well documented.

News Comments > No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe
111. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 10, 2014, 12:51 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 10:06:
Scott Manley did a video on exploration, might be helpful.
Here: http://youtu.be/5_mSlz6tpmc

I will watch any Scott Manley video. He could do a 30 minute video on the benefits of a carbon-fiber litterbox and I'd watch it.

69. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 10, 2014, 11:58 Creston

Yeah I'm definitely changing my tune as to how good the PC port was, because it's becoming pretty clear they did just zero work on it. The lead PC QA guy (Alan) admits that he basically only played it with a controller. ("Because that's what I was used to from the other four platforms.")

And now this patch which literally not a single soul in their entire company ever even bothered firing up on the PC, and Mike Laidlaw can kindly go fuck himself with his "It's a PC game made by PC gamers!"

News Comments > Evening Patches
13. Re: Evening Patches Dec 10, 2014, 11:44 Creston

InBlack wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 02:20:
I watched Angry Joe's review of the game last night, he really lets em have it on issues like, terrible monetized multiplayer,

I'm not sure what he was complaining about there, as it's literally the exact same system used in ME3, which he was a big fan of. You don't have to spend a single dime to enjoy mp. Ever. It's just that you CAN if you want to, and because that option is in there, you get a ton of free DLC (which is paid for by the people who like to buy chests.) same as it was in ME3. ME3 got five free expansions because of that system.

I'm not complaining. (And neither was Joe when he reviewed ME3.)

MP is underwhelming because right now the combat just isn't a ton of fun like it was in ME3.

horrible PC UI,

Which he admits didn't bother him much because he played with a controller, AND for which he docked the PC version a point and gave it an 8. Which is more than 95% of all the "game media" did.

illusion of choice,

That's bullshit. There is a fuckton of choice in DA:I.

(spoilers)

- You get to choose whether Cole becomes human or remains a spirit.
- You get to choose whether Blackwall dies for his crimes or can redeem himself.
- You get to choose whether Hawke lives or dies.
- YOU GET TO PICK THE NEXT POPE!
- You get to pick who remains or becomes the next emperor of Orlais
- You get to judge just about every major villainous NPC and hit them with hilarious punishments. Watching them cringe is so enjoyable.

I don't think Joe ever actually said that (been a few days since I watched his review), but if he did, then he's flatout wrong.

poor tactical combat/AI etc

Poor AI, yes. Tactical combat is mediocre so far, but it can and probably will be improved.

and then he gives the game 9/10???

He gives the PC version an 8, which I think is fair. It's still a great game, there's just too many niggles for it to deserve more than an 8. Despite Laidlaw's promises and flatout lies, they did zero effort into the PC port. But the game underneath is still great.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2014, 11:36 Creston

21 years... God, I'm so fucking old.  

24789 Comments. 1240 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo