Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 26566 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Second Pillars of Eternity Expansion in January
4. Re: Second Pillars of Eternity Expansion in January Nov 16, 2015, 12:34 Creston

new “Story Time” mode, letting players experience the incredible narrative of Pillars of Eternity at a faster pace

Anyone know what they are actually referring to with that?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Second Pillars of Eternity Expansion in January
3. Re: Second Pillars of Eternity Expansion in January Nov 16, 2015, 12:25 Creston

Wow, they are churning these out FAST.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One
127. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 15, 2015, 20:51 Creston

Krovven wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 18:05:
Your entire argument seems to be based on their financial success from FO3 and Skyrim.

My entire argument is based on the fact that he made an inane statement. He said, LITERALLY, that "not excelling at being a compelling 'rpg' is definitely a problem I see for the future of Bethesda games."

To which I responded that the more they dumb down their games, the more they sell of them. So the idea that this style of creating games will cause problems for them is born by exactly zero facts.

Is it not allowed to be critical of popular games that their developer never seems to learn from or improve upon their poorly designed and often buggy systems?

Never said that. Oh, look, I in fact said that I can understand that people are disappointed by the dumbing down of Bethesda's games. See where I said that? It helps if you learn how to read before getting involved in a discussion.

"We sold 50 million, so we don't need to fix bugs or make our UI better." It's a fucking stupid argument.

I agree, but it's not an argument I'm actually making. It's one you're pretending I'm making so you can bleat about it. Here's a link to help you understand what this is called. You may want to try avoiding it in the future.

News Comments > Jade Empire Free on Origin
18. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Nov 15, 2015, 20:41 Creston

Showing as $15 (lol) for me too. I already own it on GOG, so eh.

I quite enjoyed Jade Empire, even though it was terribly, terribly small. (world wise, level wise, etc. Of course, it had to run on the 640k of memory that the original Xbox had...) It had a pretty fun story, and still has the best "arena" style series of missions of any game ever. By the end of the arena series in JE you're fighting entire fucking crowds of critters.

They did a lot of work in making different styles and moves for the kung fu, it's just too bad that every single thing could be beaten by doing light kick - light kick - somersault repeat. (though I believe they said they fixed that for the special edition.)

Keep meaning to go replay it at some point, but eh. Maybe when I'm retired.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2015, 20:37 Creston

Nauseating. The odor was nauseating.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 15, 2015, 20:36 Creston

harlock wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 20:10:
they've learned to scale development is all

these guys were making Daggerfall and shit with 50 man teams probly,

now they got 500 maybe ...

Actually, Bethesda has remained pretty small. Todd Howard keeps saying they have just over 100 people or so. They deliberately don't go Ubisoft-Assassin's Creed level big. This is also why it takes them 4-6 years to release another game.

im sure they assign people a specific area and say "this is your area, make it bad ass, make it super unique" and then those people spend months on that area - but there are 20 teams like this and then they collaborate during meetings and shit.. this is the feeling i get because certain areas have a certain style that is different than other areas and so on

Yeah, I do think that's how it works. That's probably how it has to work, because if every designer worked on the entire world overall it'd likely never get done.

120. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 14, 2015, 12:08 Creston

OpticNerve wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 04:09:
So yeah, here's some tips for Fallout 4 that I've found or read about:

- Pressing the E key is the same as pressing the Enter key in most prompts.

- Holding down Shift and using WASD is the same as using the arrow keys in certain menus. Very handy in Build mode.

- Holding down the E key when you have an object selected in Build mode will allow you to use the mouse wheel to raise/lower the object as well as decrease the spin and movement speed of said object.

- Dogmeat (and other companions) can equip certain gear if you trade it with him and get him to equip it (T key). From a quick test, so far Dogmeat can equip welding goggles, bandanas and various dog collars. Saw a screenshot of him armored up so some armors might work.

- Holding down Tab turns on the Pipboy light/Power Armor Headlamp.

- Vegetable Starch is the answer for all your Adhesive needs.

I didn't know several of those, so thanks!!

115. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 22:23 Creston

Task wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 20:53:
It's a problem for ME as a consumer in trying to hold hope that they will improve their weaknesses

Yep, nice try to shift the goal posts.

and not excelling at being a compelling 'rpg' is definitely a problem I see for the future of Bethesda games -

It's a problem for ME as a consumer

Try to remember what you said, it helps when you attempt to make a point.

Way to be an ass though.

Quit whining. You've been vomiting on every Fallout 4 thread from the top of your precious little ivory tower on how much more advanced you are than all the plebes that are actually having fun in the game. Then when you get called out on your nonsensical statements re: Bethesda, waaaaah mommy.

Fallout 3 outsold Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics combined. Fallout 4 has already outsold FO3. Skyrim has outsold both FO3 and FO4 combined. (for now)

That you personally are disappointed that FO3 and 4 have little to do with FO1 and 2 is understandable. I don't particularly share that viewpoint, but I can see why people would feel that way. Same for Skyrim when compared to Morrowind.

But quit it with your inane statements how this is somehow a bad decision on Bethesda's part. They can't hear you over the piles of money clogging up their ears anyway.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. The allegation that we paid $1M to hack into Tor is inaccurate Nov 13, 2015, 22:10 Creston

"We paid $175M instead."  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 13, 2015, 22:10 Creston

Yeah ars has been bleating about that inaudible sound thing and how it lets "people" hack your stuff that's not even connected to your computer blablabla. It's all a bunch of horseshit.

News Comments > Legacy of the Void Sells 1M
4. Re: Legacy of the Void Sells 1M Nov 13, 2015, 22:09 Creston

JeffD wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 21:16:
Wish they would release a trilogy pack already, not spending $80 to play em all. -_-

They go on sale from time to time, I think Blue even announced the last one. I got the Zerg expansion for like 10 bucks.

55. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 13:52 Creston

BobBob wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 13:42:
Hey you, stop telling me to stop telling people to stop ... Or as we say here, WHATEVER! Moving to California can save you a ton on not having to pay for AC, rakes, high heating bills, and snow shovels - not to mention, the closest space you gain by not needing seasonal clothes.

All in return for a paltry $4000/sqft! JOIN NOW AND GET AN EXTRA 2 SQUARE FEET TOTALLY FREE!

Also, have fun not having water. Or when you do have water, having to dig your car out from under the mud that came with it. Thumbsup

Anyway, back on topic, it's a fun game. The controls could use some work, and there really should be a bit more explanation of how things work (for example, I figured I could just MAKE a dog house for Dogmeat, and so I scavenged all the dog houses I found in Sanctuary. And, of course, even though my guy can make a nuclear freaking generator with some screws and duct tape, and even though I just made a 3 story mansion that encompasses half of Sanctuary, a simple dog house is beyond him, so Dogmeat has no place to stay...)

Voice acting is fine (much improved over previous games, and it has Garrus. GARRUS!!!), the writing actually picks up pretty decently later, the shooting is much, much, much improved.

Really the big qualms that I think are legit is that it really looks waaaaay too much like FO3 (which I'd already worried about myself), and that the graphics really aren't that great (with characters/faces and monsters being flat-out terrible.)

None of these really distract from how much fun it is, imo.

43. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 13:13 Creston

BobBob wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 12:19:
Better to prioritize spending toward investments such as index funds, tax deferred plans, and property. Thumbsup

Yes, because it's not as if there was a huge stock market crash in 1999, or in 2008, and it's not as if the housing market has already collapsed once.

SQUIRREL ALL YOUR MONEY AWAY FOR THE FUTURE!
(then hope you don't get hit by a bus.)

You missed the most important money-saving tip of all, btw: Move to California!

Stop telling people how to spend their money. Thumbsup

39. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 13:09 Creston

Task wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 11:45:
It being just an 'ok' game, and not excelling at being a compelling 'rpg' is definitely a problem I see for the future of Bethesda games -

Yeah, Skyrim sold ~30 million copies. Major, major problem for Bethesda there alright. Please give us more of your wisdom. Rolleyes

News Comments > Windows 10 Outperforms SteamOS
1. Re: Windows 10 Outperforms SteamOS Nov 13, 2015, 10:16 Creston

If memory serves, Valve were also the ones who introduced that whole PowerPlay (or whatever it was called) thing that was going to magically make latency disappear.

They're very good at promising things.

This comment was edited on Nov 13, 2015, 11:30.

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Moderators Revolt
1. Re: PAYDAY 2 Moderators Revolt Nov 13, 2015, 10:14 Creston

Meanwhile, at Overkill:

"Our moderators are threatening to quit!!!"

... *crickets*

"Guys?"

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2015, 18:53 Creston

Microsoft admits it was unable to "fully polish" today's update in time for launch

FUCK YOU, MICROSOFT, YOU FUCKING WORTHLESS PIECES OF SHIT.
"This thing really isn't ready to rollout yet. Ah, just release it anyway."

FUCK YOU.

News Comments > Blizzard Sues Bot Maker
21. Re: Blizzard Sues Bot Maker Nov 12, 2015, 12:52 Creston

AngelicPenguin wrote on Nov 12, 2015, 12:14:
You don't think there is a monetary interest in keeping their games bot free? I know lots of folks who are frustrated with botting in Diablo, so I wouldn't be surprised if many of them didn't buy the expansion because of it. I don't play WoW or HoTS, but I'd imagine it would be similar.

Now that there's no auction house, how does botting in Diablo affect anyone? (Assuming we're talking about D3.)

Even free games generally have paid cosmetics. Same deal, if you lose customers, you lose out there too.

Eh, I guess I can sort of see that. For them to claim it's ten million bucks worth of damages is ridiculous though. How many F2P users do you need to get even a million bucks worth of cosmetic stuff?

I'm surprised anyone would have an issue with Blizzard suing a bot maker.

They can sue whoever they want, I don't care. I just find the spurious claims that it cost them "millions or tens of millions of dollars in revenue" to be ridiculous.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Nov 12, 2015, 12:17 Creston

Task wrote on Nov 12, 2015, 11:22:
Funny stuff - its just too bad the rest of the game is filled with soulless, shallow, and lazy design decisions.

"WAAAAAH I NEED BLANKY."

We get it. Bethesda raped your childhood.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 12, 2015, 09:58 Creston

At $95 a month you'd have to download roughly 1.8 TB before they lose money. It's just ridiculous.  

26566 Comments. 1329 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo