Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 24470 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 12, 2014, 16:28 Creston

1badmf wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 15:43:
yeah infotainment systems are pretty much superfluous these days with everyone having smart phones. someone should just invent a proper universal smartphone dock for a car. now THAT would sell like hotcakes.

Both Apple and Google have CarPlay (that's what Apple calls it, can't think of the name for Google's implementation right now), which in essence is just an integration with your smart phone. You connect your iPhone, and your iPhone's screen just pops up on the infotainment screen in the car. It apparently works just fine.

The big concern with regards to it is that it invites people to spend more time staring at their screen, versus just doing what they need to do and actually go back to, you know, looking at the road and paying attention to the actual act of driving. (Which is sadly just about the LAST fucking thing American drivers pay any attention to. Assholes. Male and Female.)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
54. Re: Op Ed Dec 12, 2014, 15:20 Creston

dizave wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 14:14:
gamers that love to play games like GTA5 in addition to loving their mommies, wives, girlfriends, sisters, hookers, puppies, and rainbows. Keep this shit off my bluesnews please.

I love all of these except one. (OMG MISOGYNIST!!!!!!!)

I have no sisters

News Comments > FreeSpace Miniatures Kickstarter Gauges Interest in PC Game
12. Re: FreeSpace Miniatures Kickstarter Gauges Interest in PC Game Dec 12, 2014, 15:11 Creston

Flatline wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 14:15:
FS2 is a completely different flight engine and experience compared to current space sim games. Freespace 2's flight model was more traditional/xwing-ish to start with (and SC was supposed to be *grumble*) while the combat was based off of WW2 pacific theater combat with large cap ships and AA flak and dozens of fighters swarming around in the chaos.

If you go download the updated engine files for the open sourced FS2 and play the game again, the actual game mechanics and game experience still hold up extremely well (except for the shitty nebula missions nobody liked those).

Yeah I didn't mean to imply it was the same game, or that it was in any way a bad game (it was pretty awesome, actually), but I can see how anyone interested in doing a space game kickstarter would look at the market and think "Yeah, all the money is going to SC, we wouldn't get a dime..."

And again, FS2 sold incredibly poorly, even for its day and age.

10. Re: FreeSpace Miniatures Kickstarter Gauges Interest in PC Game Dec 12, 2014, 14:06 Creston

InBlack wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 09:18:
Why isnt anyone actively pursuing a sequel to "Freespace2"? With the recent resurgence of interest in space games in general, especially space flight sims, and with everyone concentrating of open world games, or MMOs (CR gimme Foundry42 and the rest be dammned goddamnit) I would be eager to see Volition going back to their roots and doing one. Who owns the licence for this IP?

The IP wouldn't even matter. Freespace had the most generic "Aliens come to attack duuuurrrrr!" storyline ever. You could easily make a new story in ~ 10 minutes.

Freespace 2 sold terribly, however. Just awfully. So everyone decided there was no interest in games like that.

Star Citizen and E:D should probably prove that wrong, but otoh, would there be that much demand for Freespace 2 right now, as we're in the midst of a space game renaissance?

9. Re: FreeSpace Miniatures Kickstarter Gauges Interest in PC Game Dec 12, 2014, 14:03 Creston

Because... there is so much overlap between miniatures fans and PC Games fans? Confused  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 12, 2014, 13:39 Creston

Enderal looks really, REALLY nice.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Skyrim TC Dec 12, 2014, 13:05 Creston

Anyone see this yet? It looks pretty dang sweet.

Edit : Duh, Blue actually links this just above OOTB. My bad.

This comment was edited on Dec 12, 2014, 13:38.

News Comments > The Crew Stats Issue
22. Re: The Crew Stats Issue Dec 12, 2014, 13:00 Creston

Julio wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 05:13:
Creston wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 18:58:
That self-same guy then did a Crew video, where he just tried to do a simple burnout and then a power slide in a 2013 Mustang GT, and couldn't pull either one of despite repeated attempts, due to the god-awful driving and physics model.

And that would be due to the fact car handling is upgradable with more time spent playing. They give you worse handling at the beginning of the game - probably wasn't a great design decision given how that's created that reputation for the game.

Ah, I see. Well, that was a fucking terrible decision. I'm not going to grind through 10, 20...50...200? hours of shitty driving before I finally get high enough "level" that my cars start handling somewhat decently.

To summarize: Fuck the Crew and its shitty handling.

News Comments > Game Reviews
10. Re: Game Reviews Dec 12, 2014, 12:54 Creston

Beamer wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 19:27:
I have it on an SSD, too, haha.
I'll happily send it to you and you can see if it works. I literally just need to fast travel anywhere and it's done. I don't know if I'll be home tonight to try, but I appreciate the offer and will be in touch if I can't get anything working.

Sure. I sent ya a PM.

Ubi tech support say I'm the first with this issue and updating my video drivers may help (doubtful, cutting my resolution down to the minimum didn't, so it may be a CPU thing.)

Heh, poor tech support guy that had to deal with that issue. I'm kind of surprised they didn't ask for the save file to hand off to the developers. That would have been the first thing I did.

The best part is that the death music begins playing before the game loads!

It's just so fucking poorly designed when that happens, and it's amazing how many games do it...

9. Re: Game Reviews Dec 12, 2014, 12:52 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 19:20:
Do you typically reboot after an upgrade?

No, but if I install something and my system behaves wonky afterwards, a reboot really is about the first thing to try, right? It takes like 20 seconds. OMG BIOWARE YOU MAED ME TAKE 20 SECONDS EXTRA!!!!!!11!

What is funny and it gets me more at work, is where we used to always know "something not working, reboot", now every so often something isn't working and someone says try a reboot and I kick myself. In general like 9.5 out of 10 upgrades I don't have to boot.

You'd be amazed how hostile people get now when I tell them to reboot in an effort to fix an issue. Unbelievable.

Leave it to ole EA to keep the past present!

Eh, more like shitty PCs, I think. I patched last night (I was getting tired of the work I had to do to play without patching) and other than some weird download crap (Origin is still terrible for that), it applied just fine and ran just fine afterward.

Regarding the stupid loot finder button... is it possible to just put that on a macro and have it press the key every few seconds? Yeah that was another poor design choice.

I've thought about that. It's a terrible system, for sure. With a new playthrough, I'm just not going to bother with it. If I see a resource I'll grab it, and otherwise I'm just going to fucking ignore all of it.

I do giggle about "I have zero issues with the game technically, other than", other than it's not zero issues, however I get it. It's not to a point it bothers a player, I'm cool with that.

It's more that I'm convinced the rift crashes are caused by the Nvidia driver, and not the game.

News Comments > X Rebirth Patch & Free DLC Released
15. Re: X Rebirth Patch & Free DLC Released Dec 12, 2014, 12:45 Creston

InBlack wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 02:21:
I dont think anyone cant see through why they are releasing it for free UNTIL the 15th of Dec. I wonder if anyone gives a shit though?

I doubt anyone gives a shit. There are maybe 200 people left playing this on a GOOD day.

Other than those 200, they'll never get anyone to preorder a new game of theirs anymore, and they'll probably need that preorder money to stay afloat in another year or so.

If they were smart, they'd have abandoned this piece of shit, and spent the year working on an ultra awesome version of X3, and gave that away to everyone who bought Rebirth. The goodwill would have put them back in most of their fans' good graces.

Now though? Most of the old fans are gone, I barely recognize anyone on their forums anymore.

News Comments > Op Ed
29. Re: Op Ed Dec 12, 2014, 12:40 Creston

They're not drunk, they're just clickbaiting. It's all they do anymore, apparently. They're a giant troll website.  

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Dec 12, 2014, 11:33 Creston

siapnar wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 09:49:
Graphics are only getting more realistic, and at this rate in no time we'll be able to swing the claw end of a hammer into an innocent's face, embedding it in their skull, their mouth opening and eyes rolling back as they crumple to the ground in a heap, blood gushing from their lifeless body.

I don't really see that as a healthy activity, virtual or not

That's a fair argument, but since you can do this in-game to just about every single character you meet, both male AND females, it has NOTHING to do with misogyny.

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Dec 12, 2014, 11:31 Creston

Just when the entire rhetoric had died, here come the fucknozzles at Polygon, whining their asses off again.

Everyone please stop going to their shitty website. Blue, please stop linking to their shitty website.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 12, 2014, 11:30 Creston

Bundy wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 09:50:
My Explorer has Sync, I don't mind it. But I've seen some demo's of the QNX system. It's pretty slick. Wish I could upgrade...

You and every other Ford owner...

I'm buying a new Ford next year, and I'm actually halfway thinking about waiting another year so I don't have to put up with the MyFordTouch Powered By Microsoft garbage...

News Comments > Sullied Areal Returns as STALKER Apocalypse
6. Re: Sullied Areal Returns as STALKER Apocalypse Dec 12, 2014, 11:27 Creston

"We have registered a trademark for Stalker Apocalypse, and have every right to use it as our title. Stalker by itself is a common word, and anyone can use it."

Sure. You can use it however you want. Make a Stalker car with it. A Stalker phone. A Stalker blow-up doll. It's all good.

You can't, however, make a game with it that looks exactly like the other S.T.A.L.K.E.R game, because then you're infringing the registered trademark. It's the same with someone being perfectly allowed to open a McDonald's tool store, but not a McDonald's fast food joint.

If you fuckers at West Games weren't absolutely determined to steal other people's work and make money off of it yourself, you'd stop pretending not to know this. But then, what should we expect from a miserable bunch of slimy shitbags?

In any case, enjoy not getting funded again.

News Comments > Satellite Reign Early Access
3. Re: atellite Reign Early Access Dec 12, 2014, 11:24 Creston

I hope this will be awesome, but I'm not buying it in early access.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Auction Suspended
16. Re: Steam Holiday Auction Suspended Dec 12, 2014, 11:22 Creston

This is why I never even bother with these kinds of "promotions" that Valve runs. They're always subject to jackasses with nothing better to do who cheat/exploit shit, so the odds of anyone else actually winning anything are basically zero.

6. Re: Game Reviews Dec 11, 2014, 19:06 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 14:20:
Lets get the DA:I convo going for today... since it is GOTY, right?

So the hotifx. Anyone having stuttering or popup/draw distances issues after that? Seems to be somewhat common report.

To be fair, the large majority of dipshits reporting that didn't even bother to reboot after the hotfix got installed, and several sheepishly came back later to say "huh huh, a reboot fixed it."

Also, repairing the game files through Origin worked for quite a lot of people. Also, disabling the 60FPS cutscene fix seems to fix a lot of the stuttering issues.

And lets not even talk about problems created. What got lost in this were the fixes the patch was to bring itself. Did any of the UI changes help out or were those misses?

They really didn't do much. The radar pulse now shows loot on the mini map (helpful for those few annoying pings that you just can't find, but otherwise only a minor thing. The whole radar pulse system is just dumb. They need to up the distance on it by a factor of 10 and make the highlights last for two minutes. Then it wouldn't be so irritating) and there is a "loot all" key now, which could already be accomplished by pressing space once the loot chest was open. (Bioware actually didn't even know this themselves, which was pretty hilarious. A PC Game by PC Gamers! )

More UI updates are supposed to follow in the next one or two patches.

I haven't updated yet. I have zero issues with the game technically, other than it sometimes hard crashing at a rift (and I think that's more shitty Nvidia drivers than a DA issue), so I really don't feel like risking it. I'm ~ 5 hours away from finishing, so I'm gonna finish and then put it away for awhile until they've sorted some UI stuff out.

5. Re: Game Reviews Dec 11, 2014, 19:01 Creston

Beamer wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 14:25:
My GOTY is absolutely the insanity of FC4. I have so many stories of weird, insane things that happened. Not scripted things, just insanity in the world.

Sadly, I also hit a progress-stopping bug the other day. 21.5 hours in. Do I begin again, or quit altogether? It's super damn annoying. If I had access to a faster computer I could probably fix it - the game world loads before the game loads, and the save spot it chose for me is underwater, so by the time the game actually loads it's killed me.

Holy fucking shit, that's some terrible design... Note to imbecile developers: THE GAME WORLD SHOULD NEVER AFFECT A PLAYER CONTROLLED CHARACTER UNTIL SAID PLAYER HAS ACTUALLY BEGUN CONTROLLING THE FUCKING CHARACTER. IDIOTS.

Btw, I have FC4 installed on an SSD, so if you want and the save file isn't too big, you can send it to me and I can try and see if I can get you out of that spot?

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 2014, 19:07.

24470 Comments. 1224 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo