Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 23366 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced
28. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced Aug 27, 2014, 20:07 Creston

Redmask wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 17:41:
Don't expect much from the coop, its there mainly to stop people from trading in console copies.

I don't know about the latter part of your statement, it might very well be true, but I have to say that I was very skeptical of ME3's MP and found it surprisingly fun. And they supported it very well, with 5 DLCs with tons of new characters/classes, maps and weapons, and reasonably fun weekend events, all for free.

(Now if they can just stop nerfing the fuck out of everything (are you listening, Eric Fagan?!) that's even remotely cool, and stop listening to the five asstards on their forums who keep bleating that the only way MP is fun is if every single character and every single gun does the exact same fucking thing, we'd be golden.)

okay, tangent aside, but I do expect this MP to be fun (IF the combat in the game is actually fun, which of course I have no way of judging yet.)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Volition Reveal Friday
42. Re: Volition Reveal Friday Aug 27, 2014, 20:00 Creston

Bundy wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 17:08:
I feel so old...

I hear ya, old man. I hear ya.

:-grandpawithcane-:

26. Re: Volition Reveal Friday Aug 27, 2014, 16:31 Creston

Bundy wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 14:56:
Imagine if dude gets on stage, picks up the mic and says "Freespace", then just drops the mic and leaves. That would be the most awesome thing, in the history of awesome. And I'm not sure the universe is prepared for the nerdgasm that would follow.

If by nerdgasm you mean mostly quiet people, then sure.

I know it's hard to believe, but Freespace 2 is a month shy of being 15 years old. A significant chunk of gamers, especially the kind that attends things like PAX, will have never played it, and will have no idea even what it is.

General Discussion > Amazon Orders
10. Re: Amazon Orders Aug 27, 2014, 16:13 Creston

We should turn it into a game for Fridays!

You post the most embarrassing item purchased every week, and then we all guess who bought it. Hilarity ensues.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2014, 16:11 Creston

Cutter wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 15:42:
Yeah, it's really bad actually. Feels like the car is constantly hydroplaning all over the road. There's no "stick" to it. Loads of people in the forums complaining about it. However, I've tested some higher end cars which are way better. So the problem isn't the physics, it's the game design which is....

Grind for ages for better cars and parts....or buy them with real money. You know where that goes.

Yeah... Thanks for the update. I was sort of interested in this game, but it heavily depended on the driving, and almost every preview / beta review states that it's basically just terrible.

I will gladly skip this then, which is good, because there are ton of other good games coming out.

News Comments > GOG.com Adds DRM-Free Movies; TV Coming
14. Re: GOG.com Adds DRM-Free Movies; TV Coming Aug 27, 2014, 16:08 Creston

While I'm all for DRM-free stuff, I have to say that other than the irritating FBI "OMG PIRACY KILLS CHILDREN!" warning (which can often still be skipped over on a PS3), movie / dvd DRM has never bothered me.

Unlike, say, game DRM, which has made games actively unplayable at times.

So I'm not sure there's a huge demand for this?

23. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2014, 15:32 Creston

Cutter wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 15:28:
And no, it's not very good.

How's the driving. Arcadey bullshit, like previews have been saying?

22. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced Aug 27, 2014, 15:30 Creston

Bundy wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 14:46:
Creston wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 14:44:
Bundy wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 14:27:
Does the normal game also have co-op multiplayer?

What do you mean, normal game?

I mean like the standard game. Not that I want this, just curious. I've kinda been wanting the Elder Scrolls games to have some sort of co-op MP. So I can run around with my buddy. I'd rather 2 player co-op Skyrim than ESO.

It's included with every version of DA:I, yes, but it's a completely separate mode from SP. You can't play the SP game with a few friends taking control of your followers or anything.

It's really not any kind of "the game in co-op." It's basically still just horde mode, but this time with a slightly bigger feel of actually going through a dungeon to it (as opposed to ME3, where you fought in the same arena for 11 rounds.)

So it's not going to be anything like Skyrim co-op.

18. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced Aug 27, 2014, 14:44 Creston

Bundy wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 14:27:
Does the normal game also have co-op multiplayer?

What do you mean, normal game?

News Comments > Escape Dead Island in November
5. Re: Escape Dead Island in November Aug 27, 2014, 14:42 Creston

Julio wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 14:24:
Creston wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 13:22:
Hey, let's release it on the same day that two of the biggest games of the year (DA:I and FC4) are being released too! I'm sure that'll do wonders for sales!

Deep Silver, you take idiocy to completely new levels. Congratulations.

Or why doesn't DA:I go to a different release date? I'm not buying any of DA:I, FC4 or this...but DA is going to be a wait and see for a lot of people. So releasing in the same week as it might be a great idea.

First come, first served seems a fairly logical motto to follow in this case. Also, I think you may be overestimating how many people are going to have a "wait and see" for DA:I. It will sell millions of copies on the 18th, especially because people with a PS4 and even more an Xbone are starved for stuff to play.

News Comments > Escape Dead Island in November
1. Re: Escape Dead Island in November Aug 27, 2014, 13:22 Creston

Hey, let's release it on the same day that two of the biggest games of the year (DA:I and FC4) are being released too! I'm sure that'll do wonders for sales!

Deep Silver, you take idiocy to completely new levels. Congratulations.

16. Re: Volition Reveal Friday Aug 27, 2014, 13:03 Creston

Shineyguy wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 12:51:
I did like SR4, but with the Earth destroyed in the opening moments of SR4 where can the Saints go now? Outerspace and terrorize another planet? I think much of the charm of SR was the fact it was based on Earth.

SR4 was the last game about the Saints. Volition said that awhile before it was released.

News Comments > Into the Black
14. Re: Into the Black Aug 27, 2014, 11:51 Creston

Thanks guys.

Good luck with the LASIK, PHJF! Hope everything goes well.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 27, 2014, 11:50 Creston

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 23:46:
12.9"?! You might as well just put a keyboard on it and call it an Ultrabook at that point.

Or just call it the iSurf, and use it what it was obviously meant for!!

News Comments > Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut Trailer
6. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut Trailer Aug 27, 2014, 11:48 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 02:12:
nin wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 19:43:
The Power Of Kickstarter.

Except this wasn't paid for nor financed by the KS backers... only the original game was

Dragonfall was part of the KS, it was even voted on. The Director's Cut, however, was financed by sales.

Flo wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 02:14:
Ah crap I'm in the middle of my first playthrough and don't want to start over. Save import possible?

Unfortunately, no.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2014, 11:40 Creston

nin wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 11:33:
Put some clothes on, you nudist. You can't go around twirling your wang in the wind (with a monocle on one eye)...

What? Dammit, you can't have any fun in Oklahoma!

Actually, I don't care about the cold, but my wife still has blankets on her if it's 75 degrees in the house, so 65 is really about as low as I dare to go without her going into cardiac arrest. She has lizard blood or something.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2014, 11:31 Creston

SlimRam wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 11:25:
  • 9-Year-Old Girl Accidentally Kills Shooting Range Instructor
  • Umm...yeah, saw this on the local news last night. Sooo is there any lesson to be learned here about letting a 9-year-old fire an UZI? Well of course. The instructor should have started her out with something like maybe just a 50 cal Desert Eagle, just for learning purposes THEN move her over to something like a fully automatic AK 47 THEN finally teach the 9 year old child how to control a fully automatic UZI. I believe the hand grenade and rocket launcher handling was supposed to be at the end of the day...

THIS is the ideal gun for newbies, especially little kids.

Anyway, I have zero sympathy for the guy (I do feel sorry for the girl, though.) DON'T LET CHILDREN FUCKING FIRE FULL AUTOMATIC WEAPONS.

This comment was edited on Aug 27, 2014, 11:38.

12. Re: Volition Reveal Friday Aug 27, 2014, 11:28 Creston

nin wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 11:00:
    Creston wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 10:58:
    Someone better ask her "Hey Kinzie, wanna fuck?"

Anyway, good to see they're doing well and are adding staff.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I do hope SR takes a few steps back towards reality. 3 is still my favorite, but 4 seemed too far out there, and not nearly as fun.

Yeah, it wasn't great. The super powers were fun, but most of the game was just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too repetitive. Hint to developers: If something is fun once, it doesn't mean that it must then be 25 times more fun if we have to do it 25 fucking times...

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2014, 11:15 Creston

nin wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 10:11:
    Of course, that has folks claiming winter will be extra bad, but they claimed the same thing last summer and thankfully it didn't come to pass.

Errr... Did you go on vacation during the last winter or something? Do you not remember just how fucking cold it was last december? I used 3800KW that month alone trying to keep my house at 65 degrees.

There wasn't a ton of snow, but holy fuck was it cold. And there were ice storms again as well, though our area fortunately didn't get hit as badly this time around.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2014, 11:13 Creston

If and when somewhere in the next few summers it breaks 120 in NYC, we'll remind you of this post.  

23366 Comments. 1169 pages. Viewing page 3.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo