Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 25505 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Unfettered on PCs
30. Re: Fallout 4 Unfettered on PCs Jun 22, 2015, 23:35 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 20:23:
I'd love for them to take pointers from this excellent mod, which vastly improves visuals for little performance impact.

Before I clicked it, I was wondering if you were talking about SMIM, and yep.

Unfortunately, SMIM does have a pretty heavy cost attached to it. Not really performance wise, but budget wise in the engine. It sucks up a huge portion of the ~ 3.5GB of everything the engine can handle.

In the case of SMIM, the limitation would be taking up nearly another gigabyte for higher quality meshes, which could have meant the difference between needing another disc for Xbox 360 or not. Now that they have more leeway in that department, there's a better chance they can incorporate stuff like that into the base game. If not, maybe they'll expand on the idea of providing higher quality assets as free DLC.

Maybe I should've read on.

I sure hope that the next engine is 64 bit, so we can finally stop having their damn games crash. I love Bethesda's games, but every single one of them has crashed out the ass across all 6 or so of my PCs that I've played them on. It's been pretty damn frustrating at times.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jun 22, 2015, 23:28 Creston

The One:1 (one hp for every kg it weighs, 1341) is an absolutely unbelievable car, but it pales next to Koenigsegg's next car, the Regera.

and that sucks about Darryl Hamilton. :\

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2015, 14:56 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 14:01:
Science: Access to electricity Blues News linked with reduced sleep.

Fixed that headline.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Unfettered on PCs
14. Re: Fallout 4 Unfettered on PCs Jun 22, 2015, 14:54 Creston

Anyone who thought that the PC version would actually be locked to 30fps, well... Even IF it was, a mod would kill that shit literally within an hour of the game's launch.

As for the 30fps, I don't think it matters much in a game like FO4. It's not going to be a twitch shooter. Forza Horizons 2 runs at 30fps, and it feels smooth as butter. I don't doubt that FO4 would feel the same way.

All that said, it's still pathetic that this is all the power the "next-gen" can muster.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2015, 12:48 Creston

CrimsonPaw wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 11:48:
How interesting, today also happens to be my 19th wedding anniversary. I didn't realize that Quake was released on my wedding day

Congrats.

And... congrats, bluesnews...?

News Comments > Batman Arkham Knight Launch Trailer
1. Re: Batman Arkham Knight Launch Trailer Jun 22, 2015, 12:45 Creston

It looks good. Meh about the batmobile, but whatever.

I still need to play City though.

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Jun 22, 2015, 12:44 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 12:20:
1. Who really thinks in any meaningful % that gov't is efficient at spending tax dollars?

Oh, the government is incredibly efficient at spending tax dollars. In fact, I daresay that the US government is by FAR the most efficient entity in the world when it comes to spending money.

They are very efficient at spending tax dollars. They cannot, however, spend those tax dollars efficiently.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Jun 22, 2015, 10:54 Creston

People will pay what they can afford and what they are willing to pay. Puget Alain sounds like one of these entitled devs who feel that his games are worth $500 and should never go on sale, and should be bought by every single living organism on the planet, because that's his just due.

Here's a simple hint, Puget: People have less money to spend overall, because the economy has been in the shitter twice in the last 15 years and inflation has far outstripped raises over that period. This means they spend less money on entertainment. This means they spend less money on games.

So you can choose not to go on sale, and have large numbers of people not buy your games at all, or you can figure, well, maybe I can get a thousand of these people to buy my game at $10, which means you just made $10K.

And yes, some people may have bought it at $60, but decided to wait until it was $10. That's the risk you take. Nobody owes you a steady paycheck. If you don't like that risk, take a job programming business software.

News Comments > Tale of Tales Closing
59. Re: Tale of Tales Closing Jun 22, 2015, 09:37 Creston

We even took out an advertisement on Rock, Paper, Shotgun, where we figured the people most interested in Sunset would be gathered. They must all use AdBlock because that had no effect whatsoever.

From what I've seen over the years, the only place where advertising actually works is on Penny Arcade because Gabe and Tycho will actually draw attention to it by mentioning it in their posts and asking people to go buy the game. I'm pretty sure that the large majority of RPS visitors have adblock on, or ignore all the ads.

Anyway, yeah, it sucks. You made a game, it didn't sell. This happens to most games.

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Jun 20, 2015, 19:02 Creston

I got 4 games. SS2, since it was 99 cents. Starpoint Gemini 2, and two Final Fantasy games, and that was it.

None of the stuff I was interested in went on any kind of big sale. Maybe at Xmas.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Gameplay Video
10. Re: Just Cause 3 Gameplay Video Jun 20, 2015, 18:50 Creston

siapnar wrote on Jun 20, 2015, 17:04:
Looks awesome

Only thing I'm concerned about are the driving physics, which look to be maybe even more arcadey this time around

Yeah and the weird thing was that they'd said they hired a few devs with good driving game experience (I think they'd worked on Burnout games or something) to make sure it would be better this time around.

But oh well, you won't be in a car all that often anyway.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 20, 2015, 14:52 Creston

500 Mbps broadband for $55.

Let me guess, with a 5GB cap?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 20, 2015, 14:52 Creston

We're so continuing to support it, we mentioned it zero times at E3.

Just give it the fuck up already. You're not supporting the stupid thing anymore, which is actually the right decision, and you've shafted every single early adopter up the ass with that decision. None of them believe you anymore, so it is what it is.

Keep selling your box for $175 at best buy, and you'll keep doing well.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 20, 2015, 14:48 Creston

Is it done by Ubisoft Kiev? In that case, it won't shine, it'll be the same shit we've had in the previous 3 shitty ports they've done.

"We want the game to really work well on the PC on day one, which is why it's not the same launch [date] as the Xbox One and the PS4 versions. It will come a bit later in the fall, but I think it will be worth the wait."

Oh, I see, it's just your usual bullshit fabrication on why the PC version is delayed.

I'm sure it'll be enjoyable when I pick it up for 5 bucks two years down the road.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Jun 19, 2015, 15:04 Creston

It's a great video, but I wonder why it's called "stealth", as literally every guard he kills has the "ALERT!" wiggles above their heads.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Expansion Pricing Backlash
24. Re: Guild Wars 2 Expansion Pricing Backlash Jun 19, 2015, 14:39 Creston

edit : nm  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Engine Video
23. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Engine Video Jun 18, 2015, 23:43 Creston

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 14:38:
Creston wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 12:30:
Looks great, but they should rename that "Depth of Field/Bokeh" part to "Legally Blind". Holy shit, that is waaaaay overdone.
They were showing off the engine feature - that's not how it will be used in-game. The only time it might look similar is when looking down a scope.

That would make more sense. It doesn't much matter to me tbh, as like nin I turn that off within 5 seconds of first launching a game.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
19. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 18, 2015, 13:47 Creston

Verno wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 13:18:
Apparently no paid mods planned either which is a good sign.

Yeah I think that really bit them in the ass hard. And they probably hadn't thought about the necessity of reworking their "We don't give a shit about mods" attitude when they release patches/add-ons.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jun 18, 2015, 13:30 Creston

I'd send the guy a pip-boy edition if I was Bethesda, then put a note up on the website saying "We have enough bottlecaps now to buy a plasma rifle. We don't need anymore."

Have fun with it. Don't be like those fucking humorless shitty pricks at Bioware who got 100 red, green and blue cupcakes sent to them after the ME3 ending, and posted a completely humorless "we can't accept these" note on their website, then tossed them in the trash.

You can still smell that arrogance two years later.

News Comments > American Truck Simulator Trailer
9. Re: American Truck Simulator Trailer Jun 18, 2015, 13:08 Creston

SirKnight wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 23:52:
Hopefully you'll get to haul cattle. My uncle drives a rig and he mostly hauls cattle. The thing about that is they move around which causes the weight of the truck to shift. This makes for a very different driving experience than hauling things that don't move.

Plus you have to not kill them by taking turns too hard.

It doesn't sound like cattle would be the smart thing for my trucking company (Called "@128kph!") to haul...

25505 Comments. 1276 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo