Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 23848 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed
69. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 15, 2014, 14:44 Creston

Bundy wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 09:58:
Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see how this all plays out. I wonder what the Vegas odds are on MS completely borking the whole game?

Vegas doesn't take sure bets.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed
67. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 15, 2014, 14:43 Creston

He’s decided that he doesn’t want the responsibility of owning a company of such global significance. Over the past few years he’s made attempts to work on smaller projects, but the pressure of owning Minecraft became too much for him to handle.

Makes sense. And now he has 1.5 or so billion dollars, so he can do whatever the fuck he wants to do.

And Microsoft has bought 2.5 billion dollars of existing property and none of the expertise that made it, and they have none of the skills required to grow it in such a way that would warrant such a price tag.

Or, in other words, they just threw away 2.5 billion dollars. Not as bad as the Nokia buyout, or the absurd aQuantive purchase, but it ranks up there. Nutella is basically just Steve Ballmer in a slightly different jacket.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2014, 15:38 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 13:56:
Alamar wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 13:19:
Just once, I would like to see the final poker hand winning tournament not be a royal flush, and instead be something realistic, like a three of a kind, or at most, a full house...

Happens all the time. In fact most tournaments I have been at is high pair.....just gotta pick your spot.

He means in movies. Hollywood never understands this. Every football game won by the high school from Friday Night Lights was on a last second miracle play. If those really were that successful, everyone would do them, and they wouldn't be called miracle plays.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2014, 15:37 Creston

Trendiness aside, changing the game to Texas Hold 'Em for the movie was a prudent move.

And then it lasts twenty-five fucking minutes. The most excruciating 25 minutes ever filmed in a Bond movie, which is saying something, since that includes the absolute snoozefest that is From Russia With Love.

News Comments > MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow?
35. Re: MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow? Sep 14, 2014, 15:35 Creston

Bye Notch! Send some postcards from your new private island sometime!  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
6. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 14, 2014, 15:31 Creston

FCC receives 1.75M comments on Net Neutrality, proceeds to completely ignore them anyway.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 14, 2014, 15:29 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 11:55:
My point... Steam Rankings doesn't tell you near enough. Movie Analogy: Is this a week with a 100 million dollar blockbuster or is it an off week where no movies gross 10 mil? I think we have a lot of the later on Steam over the 52 weeks per year.

But somehow that then still adds up to 1.5 billion dollars in revenue (for Valve, which is 30% of the price, so ~ 5 billion in total sales?)

I'm not buying it.

News Comments > PC GTA5 in January
82. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 13, 2014, 15:13 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 09:29:
oh, and in case we don't have everyone yet -

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/bluesnews

note to LIEUTENANTS and REPRESENTATIVES, let me or Blue know if someone needs to be promoted - or if you are muscle and play a ton, let us know so we can adjust your rank.

Thanks.

Bats.

YosemiteSam plays more than everyone else combined, so he likely needs to be made Supreme Grand General.

Then again, I don't know if he's even still in our crew.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2014, 15:05 Creston

Patrick Stewart is just a king of men. The last two years, he's basically become the coolest guy alive.  

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 13, 2014, 15:03 Creston

The premise of that article is bullshit anyway. Obsidian had literally nothing done before they went to Kickstarter. Neither did inXile. Neither did the Shadowrun guys.

You need to have a solid concept and you need to have either a trusted name or somehow be able to convey a sense of reliability, so that people will trust you will get things done.

If you're some Joe Schmoe who's never done anything in his life, and then go onto Kickstarter asking for a million bucks to make "THIS AWESOME GAME ABOUT, LIKE, MY LIFE, BRO!" without any kind of concepts in place, no mention whatsoever of a business plan or whatever, then yeah, duh, I wonder why people won't give you money.

tl;dr "WAAAAH WHY WON'T PEOPLE GIVE ME MONEY?!?!? IT'S SO UNFAIR!!!"
Yeah, it really isn't.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
20. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 12, 2014, 16:26 Creston

Typical Microsoft MO.

We can't compete on product, so let's just throw hundreds of millions of dollars at people to FORCE them to use our product!

The amount of money Microsoft has, in essence, simply burned on bullshit like this over the years is staggering. It's well over a hundred billion dollars by now. They have the WORST marketing department in history.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus
27. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus Sep 12, 2014, 16:16 Creston

ItBurn wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 13:12:
Wow. Way too early to release this... Must be extremely feature light... Or... I'll be amazed.

They're out of money, so they kinda have to. There was an article, I think blue linked it, couple of days or a week or so ago that Frontier was in the red.

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
170. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 12, 2014, 12:58 Creston

Btw, this is big enough news that the Wall Street journal did about an entire page's worth of article on it, and they are saying that the "fans" (or at least the two they talked to, most likely) are NOT happy with the news of Minecraft soon being owned by the biggest corporate overlord possible.

And then, of course, someone had to go talk to Michael Fucking Pachter, and the moronic dipshit actually said "This will be awesome. There is no way Microsoft will mess this up."

How can someone be an analyst while he is wrong about everything literally EVERY SINGLE TIME? He must really suck some mean cock.

33. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 12:55 Creston

Beamer wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 12:49:
You're Rockstar. You give exactly zero shits about the PC. Do you hold up the next-gen releases till past Christmas to make sure they get launched at the same time as the PC rel ... hahahahahahahahaaaaaa!

You're Rockstar.

Quite frankly, I'm glad we're getting a PC version at all. If it actually runs well, I'll be extremely happy.

Now for some modding genius to make an actual Realistic Driving mod, and I will play this thing for a hojillion hours, just driving my Sesto Elemento through shitty LA traffic.

News Comments > Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent
55. Re: Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent Sep 12, 2014, 12:52 Creston

Prez wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 23:04:
I just don't have the heart to tell him at the rate it's progressing he and I will be in a geriatric home before it ships.

At least you'll have plenty of time to play it then.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Sep 12, 2014, 12:46 Creston

Rossini wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 22:30:
At 5 bucks for the base game and 10 for the game plus DLC, is Kingdoms of Amalur worth it? and who actually gets paid since 38 Studio's has been dead for a while?

EA, probably.

News Comments > Dying Light Early
20. Re: Dying Light Early Sep 12, 2014, 12:38 Creston

I dunno, I think this looks pretty fucking awesome, and I'm excited for out. Not sure that releasing right on the same day as the PC version of GTA5 is all that smart, though...

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. How to get a job in computer security Sep 12, 2014, 12:34 Creston

- Read every single article ever written about computer security, ever.
- Study up on everything from virusses, anti-virus software, malware, firewalls, Ironport, Websense etc.
- Get certified as a security engineer.
- get job
- continue having to read every single article ever written on security and bypassing security, until you're so sick of it just the word security makes you vomit.
- Attend every "hacker" conference in existence
- Have all your efforts defeated because of one fucking HR user who can't be bothered to abide by network security standards.
- Get your ass roasted by senior management because obviously it was YOUR fault, not the useless HR toadie.

You couldn't fucking pay me enough to work in security.

News Comments > AU Game Price Inflation
8. Re: AU Game Price Inflation Sep 12, 2014, 12:30 Creston

"Why? Because FUCK YOU, that's why!"

- basically any game publisher ever.

26. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 12:20 Creston

You like how we made you wait a year? Here, wait another two months.

Also, every single game ever made is now being released on November 18th. WTF?

It does look awesome, though. Sandy Shores is amazing.

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 2014, 12:27.

23848 Comments. 1193 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo