Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 24989 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen at $69M
15. Re: Star Citizen at $69M Jan 8, 2015, 11:37 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 11:36:
Creston wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 11:30:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 10:21:
I wonder if there will be a single person that will buy this game when it releases. It seems like every single person on the planet and their dog has already backed it.

I haven't backed yet, and neither have my two dogs. So that's three copies right there.
Yeah but you are not guaranteed to buy it when it comes out.
What if last minute they decide that the game can not be played offline?
Just sayin

That's a good point!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mafia III News Soon?
16. Re: Mafia III News Soon? Jan 8, 2015, 11:34 Creston

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 08:57:
I feel differently. Joe was a fuckup who got whacked because he was a threat to the organization's stability and opsec. I was glad Joe was killed.

You heartless... gangster! Shakefist

News Comments > Star Citizen at $69M
9. Re: Star Citizen at $69M Jan 8, 2015, 11:30 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 10:21:
I wonder if there will be a single person that will buy this game when it releases. It seems like every single person on the planet and their dog has already backed it.

I haven't backed yet, and neither have my two dogs. So that's three copies right there.

14. Re: Mafia III News Soon? Jan 8, 2015, 01:17 Creston

SirKnight wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 00:16:
I loved Mafia 2. I replayed it over and over so many times I lost count. I just really like the story, characters and environment - especially the 50s part. I was fine with it not being open like GTA.

I also hope they continue the story in 3 where 2 left off. I hope Vito's friend Joe didn't get whacked after all.

That really irritated me. I FULLY expected a DLC to take care of what happened to Joe. They really left players hanging with that, especially since Joe was one of those rare characters you actually gave a shit about.

10. Re: Mafia III News Soon? Jan 7, 2015, 23:41 Creston

Things I remember about Mafia II

- Pretty good story. (a bit cliche, but it's a gangster story, so eh.)
- Mediocre gunplay.
- Fucking Quicktime Event fistfights.
- Fantastic music (once the 50s kick in.)
- Gorgeous graphics. Gorgeous city. Gorgeous cars. Decent handling. Fantastic open world area.
- And literally nothing to do in it.

Fix the QTE shit (by dropping it), and put stuff to do in the city, and it'd be a game for the ages.

News Comments > Origin PC CEO: Steam Controller Finalized; Steam Machines "Pretty Much Dead"
19. Re: Origin PC CEO: Steam Controller Finalized; Steam Machines Jan 7, 2015, 23:36 Creston

DarkCntry wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 21:58:
RaZ0r! wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 19:28:
I really wouldn't put too much stock in the word of some low rent PC assembler.

I took the plunge last year and purchased an Origin PC (with many discounts) and I haven't been upset at all.

After 25+ years building PCs, there comes a time where you just want to piece together a system and have it work without fiddling, so I bit the bullet. I know it's a cardinal sin to purchase pre-builds, but in this case it was well worth it, and in the end I came out about 600-700 cheaper than if I were to piecemeal my own system together with the same hardware.

You did? How the heck did that happen?

I always think I'm going to have someone else build them, and it's NEVER worth it financially. It's always 300-400 bucks cheaper to get the parts.

News Comments > Origin PC CEO: Steam Controller Finalized; Steam Machines "Pretty Much Dead"
18. Re: Origin PC CEO: Steam Controller Finalized; Steam Machines Jan 7, 2015, 23:35 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 19:09:
Steam Machine dead, that is a pretty big fail, they get all hot and heavy about MS's Walled Garden(tm) and we need something better. Do a shit load of linux work, fumble around with a controller for forever, had a huge splash two years ago with at least 6 manufactures showing off their systems and nothing. Fail. Stick with Steam only, because really it's the only thing you are doing that gets released.

It doesn't say that the concept of Steam machines is dead, the name is just dead, and seems like it'll be replaced by something else.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
11. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 7, 2015, 23:20 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 21:51:
Prez wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 21:26:
It was painful reading those twitter meltdowns. How did baseball players get so stupid?

Human beings are stupid. Here's a story about a dude that meant to send a pic of his junk to his GF, and ended up sending it to his whole snapchat contact list, including the underage girls he coached. Honest mistake, but game over.

A buddy recently asked me if I had snapchat, because he wanted to send me some pics of his new home and that was the easiest way to do it. And I don't have snapchat, I stay far the hell away from it, because my wife teaches high school, and the mere association of those two things looks dodgy. It'd be really easy for someone to go "So, are you snapchatting your wife's students??!"

So why in God's name would you have underage girls on your snapchat contact list? That in and of itself screams "BAD!" to me.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 7, 2015, 23:13 Creston

Oh my God, the FCC is actually doing something useful. Of course, this is a small victory compared to the net neutrality shafting we'll get in the next two months, but hey, any victory against AT&T/Verizon and their miserable, you-fuckers-can't-die-quick-enough ilk is worth mentioning.

Edit: Based on the link below, I'm beginning to think Tom Wheeler has been Body Snatched...

Wheeler seemed to dismiss the "hybrid" Title II idea he floated several months ago and embrace Obama's more direct approach.

I'm... I'm speechless. If this is true, holy hell, I hope AT&T and Verizon and all those other fuckers fucking CHOKE on it.

By the 25/3 standard, roughly... what, 3% of America has broadband? FEEL THE POWER.

Take all that funding away from the fucking telcos and Verizon, who do NOTHING with it, and allow rural areas to provide their own fiber networks with that funding. That is the ONLY way we'll get rid of the horseshit digital divide that Big Corp has shafted America with.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2015, 15:55 Creston

Damn, that shit in Paris is fucked up...

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB
11. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 7, 2015, 13:12 Creston

harlock wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 13:02:
desktop K-series (overclocking) skylake wont be here until well into 2016

Oh crap, I thought it was Q3 2015.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2015, 12:52 Creston

Kxmode wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 02:00:
Oy, I'm getting a little farklemt.

Do you mean verklemmt?

9. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 7, 2015, 12:47 Creston

harlock wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 11:50:
probably continues the tradition of "minimum" specs being the ones that allow you to run the game, not actually play it in any acceptable way

dont matter cuz im building a new machine for it anyways

Are you not going to wait for Skylake processors?

3. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 7, 2015, 11:46 Creston

spiffy.

News Comments > Big Bad Wolf Boasts RPG Vets
7. EMOTIONS and CHOICE Jan 6, 2015, 13:24 Creston

Putting those words in CAPITALS lets you know that they're SERIOUS BUSINESS.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2015, 13:23 Creston

They're probably from somewhere else, and your doggie just gathered them up and put them in the kitchen. I always find stuff in my bedroom that the dogs dragged in from somewhere else.

News Comments > $500 Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition Announced
13. Re: $500 Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition Announced Jan 6, 2015, 13:20 Creston

My onboard sound was starting to have issues about a year or so ago, so I switched to a SB card and it's been... decent, I guess. Still, after all these years, has that good old Creative "Windows has forgotten that you have a sound card" bug that forces me to system restore every single fucking time it happens (usually once every few months or so.)

It amazes me that they manage to stay in business.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 6, 2015, 13:13 Creston

"I have to say, everything in my—it should be that you should not be able—if a parent doesn't want her kids to buy violent video games, that should be the parents'—it should be that this law was OK, I guess is what I'm saying."

Apparently the ability to make a coherent sentence is no longer required to serve on the Supreme Court.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Film Dated
3. Re: Assassin's Creed Film Dated Jan 6, 2015, 12:50 Creston

Knowing Ubisoft, this film will fail to actually display properly in half the theaters, and run at 12fps in all others.

Kidding aside, this could actually be a great movie, and I love Michael F. Assbender, so I'm semi-hopeful.

News Comments > Razer Unveils OSVR Headset
1. Re: Razer Unveils OSVR Headset Jan 6, 2015, 12:27 Creston

Competition = good.  

24989 Comments. 1250 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo