Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 26511 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Moderators Revolt
1. Re: PAYDAY 2 Moderators Revolt Nov 13, 2015, 10:14 Creston

Meanwhile, at Overkill:

"Our moderators are threatening to quit!!!"

... *crickets*

"Guys?"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2015, 18:53 Creston

Microsoft admits it was unable to "fully polish" today's update in time for launch

FUCK YOU, MICROSOFT, YOU FUCKING WORTHLESS PIECES OF SHIT.
"This thing really isn't ready to rollout yet. Ah, just release it anyway."

FUCK YOU.

News Comments > Blizzard Sues Bot Maker
21. Re: Blizzard Sues Bot Maker Nov 12, 2015, 12:52 Creston

AngelicPenguin wrote on Nov 12, 2015, 12:14:
You don't think there is a monetary interest in keeping their games bot free? I know lots of folks who are frustrated with botting in Diablo, so I wouldn't be surprised if many of them didn't buy the expansion because of it. I don't play WoW or HoTS, but I'd imagine it would be similar.

Now that there's no auction house, how does botting in Diablo affect anyone? (Assuming we're talking about D3.)

Even free games generally have paid cosmetics. Same deal, if you lose customers, you lose out there too.

Eh, I guess I can sort of see that. For them to claim it's ten million bucks worth of damages is ridiculous though. How many F2P users do you need to get even a million bucks worth of cosmetic stuff?

I'm surprised anyone would have an issue with Blizzard suing a bot maker.

They can sue whoever they want, I don't care. I just find the spurious claims that it cost them "millions or tens of millions of dollars in revenue" to be ridiculous.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Nov 12, 2015, 12:17 Creston

Task wrote on Nov 12, 2015, 11:22:
Funny stuff - its just too bad the rest of the game is filled with soulless, shallow, and lazy design decisions.

"WAAAAAH I NEED BLANKY."

We get it. Bethesda raped your childhood.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 12, 2015, 09:58 Creston

At $95 a month you'd have to download roughly 1.8 TB before they lose money. It's just ridiculous.  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Nov 12, 2015, 09:57 Creston

nin wrote on Nov 12, 2015, 09:52:
Wallshadows wrote on Nov 12, 2015, 09:40:
Mandatory Hulk Hogan character.

Personally, I just used one of the preset options like a bad person. One of my biggest fears in character creation is that I spend an hour or two mulling over my choices then put it together only to realize his head or nose or eyes are just a little bit out of proportion to the rest of the body when done and I have to start all over again.

NOT THIS TIME!

Yeah, I do the same thing...I spend the first night creating a character, and think "ok, I'm ready to go tomorrow!" And then I come back and think "Wait, that's not right."

I heard there's a plastic surgeon around this time...

At least the way you make your character look in the character editor is how it actually looks IN GAME (because you're manipulating it in game.)

The hours of time I've wasted trying to make a nice femshep in ME1, only to get into the game where the lighting is completely different and she looks god-awful...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2015, 09:55 Creston

I think I'm going to unplug my Xbone when I come home tonight, to make sure it doesn't update. Waaaaaaayyy too many scary stories about the New Experience floating around.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2015, 09:54 Creston

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 12, 2015, 09:44:
For you Fallout 4 players, Nexusmods already has a configuration tool which allows you to bypass the tedious one-to-three step program to change your FOV, mouse acceleration, and extra goodies.

Check it out here

Thanks dude!

I like how the top six Popular Threads are all FO4. It's nice to not have to see frikkin' Star Citizen up there.

News Comments > System Shock Remake Plans; System Shock 3 Possible
4. Re: System Shock Remake Plans; System Shock 3 Possible Nov 12, 2015, 09:53 Creston

Sweeeet.

System Shock = Die Hard On A Space Station. It is PHENOMENAL. I'd love a remake with just modern graphics and control systems and everything else the same.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Popular
59. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 12, 2015, 09:07 Creston

Undocumented Alien wrote on Nov 12, 2015, 07:51:
Simply drop said item you want to scrap within the boundaries of a workbench, hold V, look at the item, then press R. The same screen should pop up and the materials that have been scrapped will, yet again, be located at the workbench.
However, keep in mind that if you don't scrap each item individually and instead, automatically use them in recipes, there is a chance where you will lose the other resouces that you haven't used from the item. Eg, I use the wood from the pencil without scrapping, but lose the lead.

They need to fix that, because it's seriously, seriously annoying. The game ruined a mini-nuke item for me because of one screw...
And I REALLY have no desire to sit there for probably 15 hours and individually scrape every single piece of junk I have, because it's probably well over a thousand by now.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Nov 12, 2015, 09:04 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 23:11:
I'll never understand the people who are more interested in winning games than actually playing them...

It's their game. They can do whatever they want.

I've spent the last ten hours building a giant 3 story house in Sanctuary. Save my son? Whatever. I need more steel.

News Comments > Blizzard Sues Bot Maker
16. Re: Blizzard Sues Bot Maker Nov 12, 2015, 09:01 Creston

As a result of Enright’s conduct, Blizzard has lost millions or tens of millions of dollars in revenue and in consumer goodwill

Really? How? People with bots pay to play WoW. People play Diablo 3 for free. Heroes of the Storm is completely free. How did you lose money?

And consumer goodwill? It may be irritating to see bots all standing together to gang up on a spawn (hi Elder Scrolls Online!) but it's not THAT big an issue.

Quit whining, Blizzard.

News Comments > J.J. Abrams Collaboration SPYJINX Announced
15. Re: J.J. Abrams Collaboration SPYJINX Announced Nov 12, 2015, 08:58 Creston

MT Silver wrote on Nov 12, 2015, 03:24:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 12, 2015, 01:00:
nin wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 23:58:
siapnar wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 23:42:
I don't understand all the hate for the new Star Trek movies. I think they're great fun, well paced and well acted. They're supposed to be popcorn flicks, and I think the production team nailed them in that respect

I enjoyed them as well. I think the gripe is they're different, which I agree with (but it doesn't stop my enjoying them).

Do you remember the ST:TNG episode "Parallels" about Worf travelling between realities? In one reality he's married to Troi. In another Picard died and Riker is captain. Towards the end of the episode there's a scene where all the realities become unstable and start emerging including one where the Borg has wiped out the Federation and the Enterprise is the only remaining ship. Riker is like "No! We won't go back! You've got to help us!" I always thought, "How cool would be to explore that Star Trek reality?" When I realized the Star Trek reboot was basically an alternate reality I immediately thought back to that Parallel episode and said, "Awesome!" I've seen plenty of episodes of Star Trek that dealt with alternate timelines but I never imagined the entire series would turn INTO one big alternate timeline. So many stories to tell both new and old with twists.

That is my least favourite episode of all of Star Trek. I hate it so much. The reason is because it basically makes everyone in trek completely disposable. Who cares about Riker in this universe when there are infinite versions of him elsewhere? Go ahead, let him die. We'll just go pick up another one. That episode basically shat all over the Enterprise and its crew.

Parallels is awesome, though it quickly became a Brannon Braga staple to start doing Dark episodes like that and then just hit the reset button at the end.

Parallels also has the most awesome Star Trek line of all time. "Captain, we are receiving 242000 hails."

If you're that upset about disposable Rikers everywhere you should hate every episode in which he transports, because the writers made it very clear that the Star Trek transporter kills you and just makes a copy at your place of destination.

News Comments > J.J. Abrams Collaboration SPYJINX Announced
14. Re: J.J. Abrams Collaboration SPYJINX Announced Nov 12, 2015, 08:55 Creston

PC and mobile?

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Sales Soar
18. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Sales Soar Nov 11, 2015, 19:37 Creston

Only one guy at my work got Black Ops 3 (every other nerd got Fallout 4.)

When I asked him how it was, he said it was absolutely terrible. They offered a free download of Black Ops 1, so he downloaded that, and the mp was filled to the brim with people, whether all from similar disgusted BO3 buyers, who can say.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Sales Soar
17. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Sales Soar Nov 11, 2015, 19:35 Creston

In five years it'll be something like "CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 6 SOLD MORE COPIES IN THE HOURS OF 4AM FRIDAY TO 12PM FRIDAY THAN ANY OTHER BICYCLE SHOP IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!!!!"

Got to make the declining interest in your franchise seem spectacular somehow, especially now that GTA5 has essentially made their numbers look fairly paltry in comparison.

God forbid Bobby would just say "Black Ops sold 550 million dollars, which is fantastic. Thanks fans!"

Nope, the loudmouth tool always has to pretend it's the BESTEST THING EVER ZOMG YOU GUYS.

55. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 11, 2015, 19:32 Creston

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 17:40:
Creston wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 17:11:
Alamar wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 10:36:
I do like the one click to dump off crafting 'Junk' though,

Wait what what what what what???!!! What? How? Where?????

That's available when you're dumping at the workbench. There's a key to dump all "junk" items automatically. Don't remember what key, but it shows it on the screen at the bottom.

Holy shit... How did I never notice that...

Btw, anyone find where you can do something/anything with clothes/outfits?

50. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 11, 2015, 17:11 Creston

Alamar wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 10:36:
I do like the one click to dump off crafting 'Junk' though,

Wait what what what what what???!!! What? How? Where?????

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4
86. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 11, 2015, 10:34 Creston

Undocumented Alien wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 08:48:
Creston wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 12:08:
Undocumented Alien wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 11:04:
Enjoying it so far (2 hours in). Agree with Creston about the Character Models, kind of 'meh' but other than that, the environment looks very nice with a GTX 970. No bugs so far, changed the FoV to 90 in the 3/4 different .ini files and took off Mouse Acceleration. Going for a Sniper SPECIAL build, my close-up twitch days are numbered.

Do you get that weird thing during dialogue where the screen looks off by a bit? I think it's related to the FOV90 tweak. You'll notice it more when you get into the power armor.

Creston, the Dialog (and choices) seemed to be OK when I was in the Power Armor, I didn't notice any change from earlier in the game. Did you change the FOV in the few different places? Just do a c:\ search for Fallout4.ini and it should show you the 3 or 4 les and folder locations.

The weird thing is that it's fixed now. Both dialogue and power armor are showing up fine... No idea what happened, but it's all good.

35. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 11, 2015, 10:29 Creston

Pigeon wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 08:29:
On a some what related note for those who could not resist, how's the default UI? I know Skyrim's was a mess of consolitis and I ended up quitting and grabbing SkyUI about 10 minutes into the game.

The UI is fine. Pretty minimalist overall. It has the typical Bethesda problem that five items fit in one inventory screen so you wind up scrolling 17 hojillion times, but it's not the terrifying crap that the Skyrim UI was.

26511 Comments. 1326 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo