Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 25283 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity PC Patch
2. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity PC Patch Feb 20, 2015, 15:32 Creston

Replaying Black Flag on my 970 right now, and holy shit is that game gorgeous with everything turned to the absolute max.

So much fun playing it, too, and then you come to the eavesdropping missions...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
15. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 20, 2015, 15:16 Creston

Cutter wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 22:03:
Actually they can prevent it by giving employees something to lose. Pay them a a living wage - currently $20 per hour - and some halfway decent benefits, and treat them like actual people instead of doormats for pissed off customers to vent on. Do that and you'll see quality CS. The reason they don't is because these corps don't care a whit. CS is simply a buffer for pissed off customers to vent on disposable employees. The CS people don't care as is because they can go out tomorrow and find another dead end minimum wage job like that.

I do agree with that, but you could pay your employees a thousand bucks an hour, and some jackass with a bad attitude on a bad day is still going to do this. You can't prevent it 100%.

And hey, I'm sure TWC wouldn't mind paying their CS staff 25 bucks an hour, as long as all their customers wouldn't mind paying $249 for 1/1mbps internet...

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
13. Re: Into the Black Feb 20, 2015, 15:13 Creston

Cutter wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 22:10:
They're so provincial in their attitudes and have never been anywhere else so they don't know how much better it can be.

You'll find it really isn't that much better anywhere else anyway. Every time I get frustrated at the US for its stupid way of doing things, I kind of realize that the same kind of shit was already happening in Europe and was one of the big reasons why I left to begin with.

Unless you go to a tiny little island somewhere that's somehow not run by a military dictator, you're not going to escape this kind of bullshit government interference in your life. The sheeple want the government to keep shushing them to sleep and promising everything will be alright, and the sheeple control the large majority of the vote.

News Comments > etc.
14. Re: etc. Feb 20, 2015, 15:07 Creston

How exactly would you make a WoW movie without CGI? Last I checked, there weren't many Pandaren or Orc actors registered with the SAG.  

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Trailer
30. Re: Homeworld Remastered Trailer Feb 20, 2015, 11:54 Creston

Krovven wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 21:33:
No expansion. And the classic games have a few tweaks to support higher resolutions and I assume it also gets the new Ui for those resolutions.

You can hardly call it 4 games. The inclusion of the Classic games is fan service, nothing more. It's more to compare to the remastered.

Ah, okay. Thanks!

I really wouldn't call that 4 games, but eh.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2015, 11:42 Creston

How have you been able to get him used to the boots, Blue? I've been trying to get my doggies to wear them, and the second I put them on they just go into spazmo-paw frenzy until they can get them off again.

Explaining to them that "Now your paws will freeze and you'll whine at me that you're too cold when we need to go outside!" doesn't seem to help either.

News Comments > Elite: Deadly TradeMarked
6. Re: Elite: Deadly TradeMarked Feb 19, 2015, 21:25 Creston

I lol'ed.  

News Comments > Starpoint Gemini 2: Secrets of Aethera DLC Released
9. Re: Starpoint Gemini 2: Secrets of Aethera DLC Released Feb 19, 2015, 21:24 Creston

Cutter wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 16:41:
First off, that's just like, my opinion, man. And I'm entitled to it unless you're one of those freedom hating terrorist lovers.

Chill the fuck out, cutter. Jeez. Maybe we can NOT antagonize a new dev when they decide to post here, you know, just as a way to shake things up?

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Trailer
25. Re: Homeworld Remastered Trailer Feb 19, 2015, 21:17 Creston

Darks wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 13:20:
Having a remastered version of this game is a good thing. And the pricing is not that bad. you are getting 4 games. I don't see the problem. Plus the added Steam works and Steam for multiplayer is pretty awesome.

4? Homeworld, expansion, Homeworld 2? Which game am I missing?

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 19, 2015, 21:15 Creston

You know, as much fun as it is to rag on TWC and Comcast for being the miserable piece of shit corporations they are, in the end they can't prevent some of their employees having a shitty day and deciding to be mega-assholes.

In TWC's case, they: "Our investigation showed that this was done by an employee at a third-party vendor. We have terminated our agreement with this vendor and are changing our processes to prevent this from happening again.

Somehow I think that the joker who thought this was funny is going to find himself in a shitheap of fucking trouble from this third-party vendor, because I'm fairly sure that they're going to sue him for the loss of income from a canceled contract with TWC.

Hope you enjoy the lulz, buddy!

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 19, 2015, 21:12 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 19:56:
Okay, okay, OKAY. I've got a good one. Ready?

What is the favorite tech website for pirates?

ARRRRRRs Technica!

Laugh2

Blank

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 19, 2015, 21:10 Creston

I used to make office buildings too, but they automatically upgraded into Skyscrapers once the commercial demand went high enough in my high density zones.

News Comments > Elite: Deadly TradeMarked
4. Re: Elite: Deadly TradeMarked Feb 19, 2015, 21:08 Creston

So has anyone actually reached either Deadly or Elite status in E:D yet?  

40. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2015, 12:57 Creston

nin wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 09:03:
The only problem with them was apparently when you give them a warm bath, they totally relax in the tub and then you can't get them back out.

Which we know is NOT an issue in your household.

39. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2015, 12:54 Creston

Tim1_2 wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 08:44:
I had the same thing with my Lab when he was young (around 3 years old I think). He tore one ACL, then tore the other a year later. Did the $3500 TPLO surgery both times. He's now about to turn 10 and has been in terrific shape ever since. No signs of arthritis or anything else up to this point. It sucked at the time, but I'm sure glad I didn't cheap out on any of the less expensive options.

Yeah, same here. The money was a bit of a blow, but fortunately I make enough that I didn't have to worry about it. The harder part with the surgeries were the rehab. Trying to keep an energetic dog calm and immobilized is a royal pain in the ass, and it was just as sad to see how her not being able to play affected her brother, as he gets more and more depressed when we won't let her run with him (or, for that matter, let him sleep near her, since we have to worry about the two of them fighting).

All good again now, though.

38. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2015, 12:51 Creston

1badmf wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 02:02:
out of idle curiosity, what's a largish breed that's basically a lazy bum and is otherwise low maintenace (low shedding, no slobbering, etc).

Truly low energy would be a Boxer. (Edit: Seph beat me to it. Blue seems to disagree, but I've known two boxers that would go for a walk, then sleep for six hours, go for a walk, sleep six hours, etc.) Slightly more energy would be a Labrador, but they do shed and possibly slobber. I've had two Labs that didn't slobber, but my parents' Lab slobbers quite a bit. They aren't crazy energetic though. They like to play, but are more than happy to stop after 10 minutes and take a nap for five hours. Labs are also the sweetest dogs in the world.

A Great Dane is also pretty low energy, but then you're talking about a dog that's 5 feet high at the shoulders and probably eats $250 a month worth of dog food.

Honestly though, to me it seems to kind of defeat the whole purpose of getting a dog if all you want is something that lies in the house and is lazy all day.

This comment was edited on Feb 19, 2015, 12:56.

37. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2015, 12:50 Creston

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 21:32:
You are right, Nin. WAY too many people get pets without any thought into what effort will be required to care for the pet.

Dogs are cool, but I have no desire to "clean up" after one of them. Not too mention the issue with them needing to go out when there's snow on the ground and/or its zero degrees out.

You can fairly easily train them to just go do their business themselves so that when it's cold you can just send them out, they go potty and they quickly come back. It's what mine do every morning when it's like 10 degrees F. They RUN to the back part of the yard (Where they prefer to do their stuff, since it's away from their play area), poo and pee, and RUN back. Takes like a minute.

But yes, if you don't think you'd enjoy being outside with your dog or spending time with them, don't get a dog. A dog that's ignored by its owner will get really depressed and sad, and it's heartbreaking to see poor dogs like that.

Cats would definitely be a better bet for you then.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 19, 2015, 12:46 Creston

"We promise we haven't done anything to them that would infest any of your equipment! Cross our hearts and hope to die!"

- The FBI, your friends in the digital age.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2015, 12:40 Creston

Blue,

There's an Amex credit card ad that autoplays at ear-splitting volume showing today. (on the side banner). (Edit: It may have been the greenies dental chews ad, as that now just played...)

Can you see if you can at least get the damn thing not to autoplay? I'd like to enjoy my ear drums a little longer.

News Comments > Greg Zeschuk Returns to Games
4. Re: Greg Zeschuk Returns to Games Feb 19, 2015, 12:38 Creston

Eh, it sounds interesting enough. I know several parents who are constantly lamenting that their kids are only ever interested in sitting in front of either the TV, or are playing games on a tablet, or on a console, etc. (I never make the obvious comment that said parents trained their kids to do so, but whatever.)

Playing outside simply isn't as cool as playing Minecraft. This isn't that hard to figure out. I much prefer playing games on my PC to just kind of 'being outside' (exception: playing with my dogs outside is awesome, and I can't wait for spring to start again), so I understand why kids would rather play games too.

So any kind of effort to make being outside more exciting for kids, even if it comes with having to strap a lens in front of their face (seeing as how it's AR) seems interesting. Whether it'd ever work, who knows, but it's not that hard to see someone programming MS's hololens for that exact purpose.

25283 Comments. 1265 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo