Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 25001 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2015, 10:31 Creston

I'm glad Denver lost. AFAIK Peyton's never won in Foxborough, and at least the Colts have a chance against the Patriots.

But damn did he play like shit. "Hmm, let me go deep for 30+ yards on 3rd and 5 five times in a row. It has to work at SOME POINT?"

He had a 15 yard free run in front of him, and instead, hey, let's chuck it to the guy in double coverage again on 3rd and 5. I could have sworn it was Rex Grosman up there.

All the boos he was getting were quite deserved, imo. Nobody can blame the QB for the defense playing great against him, but continuously making the same dumb decisions even though their RBs were getting yards (the few rare times they were handed the ball) is just plain stupid.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evolve System Specs
1. Re: Evolve System Specs Jan 12, 2015, 10:26 Creston

Is there a card that actually runs 4K solo?  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2015, 18:45 Creston

Cutter wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 17:00:
And, Woo Packers!

I was watching it on delay, and trust me when I say I loathe the Cowboys, but that overturn on Dez Bryant's catch was god-awful terrible. What the fuck more does a receiver have to do before he's considered to have "made a football move???" He caught the ball, made two steps with it, goes down and only when it hits the ground does it come lose.

NFL Tard Ref "It was determined that ehhh... I dunno either. Overturned!"

Unbelievable. What a horseshit call.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2015, 17:29 Creston

Cutter wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 15:31:
Oh man this is so cool! I reinstalled Skyrim to start another run as I haven't touched the DLC yet, and Steam seems to have made a note the mods I was using and has reinstalled them all! Far out!

If you subscribed to them from the workshop, then yep, it'll reinstall them. If you didn't get them from the workshop, note that even if you uninstall skyrim, it'll leave all your mods in the data folder, so technically they are still there, you'd just have to reactive all the esps/esms.

I would most definitely recommend using something like Mod Organizer, though, because the workshop just randomly loads mods in whatever order, and it can get massively unstable in a hurry...

Or at the least, run LOOT on your workshop mods.

19. Re: Thanks! :D Jan 11, 2015, 17:26 Creston

Happy level-up day, Ant!  

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
16. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 11, 2015, 17:17 Creston

Comet wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 16:45:
For instance, if you take the time to read the Monthly report stated in this article you can find several names, such as:
Imaginarium studios : Just the best motion capture studio in the industry at the moment. -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Imaginarium_Studios

That's quite interesting, considering their stretch goal for 10 million bucks was, and I quote: "Cloud Imperium Games will build their own mocap studio to improve the quality of Star Citizen and Squadron 42ís cutscenes."

In any case, good post, Comet. I do think that they're trying to cram too much stuff into a single game, and that all of that is not really going to interact properly, especially not in an MMO'ish environment, but as long as they create a solid Wing Commander/Privateer clone it should be a good game.

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter Tuesday
11. Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter Tuesday Jan 11, 2015, 17:12 Creston

I'm down!  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jan 10, 2015, 12:58 Creston

Femshep 4ever!!  

News Comments > Stardock: Details on Three New Games Next Month
1. Re: Stardock: Details on Three New Games Next Month Jan 10, 2015, 12:57 Creston

GalCiv 4, 5 and 6?  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status
8. Re: Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status Jan 10, 2015, 12:55 Creston

30 million copies. Yeah, it's not GTA, fellas. Not even Diablo sold 30 million copies.

I think it'll peter out and sell somewhere near a million or so, which is pretty darn good, and they should be happy with it.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
6. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 9, 2015, 20:55 Creston

DO.NOT.FUCKING.BUY.THIS.

Fuck publishers and their "let's release it while it's broken" horseshit.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $69M
47. Re: Star Citizen at $69M Jan 9, 2015, 17:25 Creston

Kosumo wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 23:28:
Are they selling Star Citizen drinking cups yet? Want to drink my kool aid in style!

For a thousand bucks extra, Chris Roberts will personally piss in yours before shipping it to you! :p

News Comments > Valve: Steam Machines "Front and Center" at GDC
36. Re: Valve: Steam Machines Jan 9, 2015, 17:22 Creston

Primalchrome wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 11:43:
Win10 will run exclusively on Surface Pros.

Somewhere in L.A., Steve Ballmer just jizzed himself.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2015, 17:21 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 14:59:
On the other hand, if Slimram's Space Burrito Shack Simulator were delayed, probably not newsworthy.

That's cold, homie...

Poor Slimram!

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2015, 17:21 Creston

Blue wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 14:05:
Cutter wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 14:01:
GTA 5 PC Isn't Delayed, Rockstar Says

Woot! Jan. 27th! Can not wait!

Since Cutter also sent this in, I'll post a general question to all of you. Would you like more coverage of stories like this? I tend to view it as non-news/clickbait material (since nothing really suggested it is delayed), but I don't want to spoil everone's fun.

Reporting it never hurts. I think we can decide for ourselves what we click on or not.

That said, this particular instance really is about as non-news as it's possible to get, as there had never been any indication whatsoever that it might/would be delayed.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 9, 2015, 17:17 Creston

Fion wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 13:46:
Isn't the FCC ruling due to hit in early February? I'm not too worried about congress fucking that up for the american people. If you think they can draft a bill, get it out of committee, passed in the house, almost certainly altered in the senate requiring it to be passed in the house again, then to the Veto process and back to the senate for a 2/3rds vote in a months time? You're kidding yourself.

I don't care how much money is flowing through congress at the moment. They couldn't pass a (certain to be vetoed) bill in that time frame if their children's lives depended on it.

You're assuming that congress has to pass a bill in order to stop the FCC from voting this way. They don't. They just have to pass a bill afterward nullifying the FCC's mandate.

Also, the second the FCC votes to reclassify the telcos under Title II, eight million dollars an hour's worth of lawyers file suit against the FCC, and by the time we've come to the end of that road it'll easily be 2016 and we may have a president whose name was legally changed to "How far can I get my tongue up Comcast's ass?"

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 9, 2015, 17:14 Creston

HoSpanky wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 13:40:
The box doesn't keep the sole copy of your download record. It's your account. It works the same way Steam does, where the rare de-listed title can still be downloaded if you have it in your account. So unless you lose your account, you should be fine.

Okay, that makes more sense then.

If the game was locked to THAT console (like on the wii), then when the 360s would red ring, customers would lose all downloaded games forever. That would have singlehandedly killed the digital market, people wouldn't buy digital anything, for fear of losing it when the hardware it was bought on died.

Hey, it's Microsoft. The guys who want to charge you like 20 bucks for a new Windows DVD if your old one won't load anymore, but you still have a valid key. The guys who tried to charge 60 bucks a year for access to GFWL. I seriously wouldn't have put it past them.

News Comments > Dying Light Videos
4. Re: Dying Light Videos Jan 9, 2015, 16:54 Creston

DangerDog wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 15:08:
This is just a reskinned version of Dead Island with Parkour like movement system.

Correct, but the parkour looks, imo, pretty freaking awesome. It looks to be the best since Mirror's Edge.

And though I don't like live action videos for a game, that live action parkour video was amazing. Shit, that guy's good. The zombies chasing him doesn't actually jive with the game (since during the day the zombies are slow and dumb), but it was pretty cool to watch.

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2015, 16:59.

News Comments > GDC Award Nominees; Baer Honored by AIAS
10. Re: GDC Award Nominees; Baer Honored by AIAS Jan 9, 2015, 16:51 Creston

First I read they were honoring Beer, and I thought "Wow, they got something right."  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Economic Rollback
3. Re: Elite: Dangerous Economic Rollback Jan 9, 2015, 12:51 Creston

I can't believe why they were even considering letting people keep the billions of credits they were wrongly given. In a game where everyone manipulates the same economy, wouldn't that throw the entire economy completely out of whack?  

25001 Comments. 1251 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo