Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 22968 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > 75 More Steam Greenlights
15. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Jun 12, 2014, 16:39 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 13:22:
Creston wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 11:36:
Greenlight has lost all purpose. If you keep greenlighting that many games every other week, why bother having the stupid process at all? Just let everything on. Shit already gets through with frightening regularity, so it's not as if it'd get any worse.

Well, in its defense, it probably keeps a lot of scams off the site.

I'm not sure it really does, but we can hope.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
30. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 12, 2014, 16:03 Creston

SlimRam wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 23:00:
I KNOW, RIGHT? Like that episode where they realize that there is a spy hiding in that giant nebula, I think it's called 'Kim's Ass Nebula' or something like that? But anyway, OFCOURSE it's in the Neutral/Brown Zone and it's decided that someone (guest star Ray Jay) is going to have to fire his probe into it and ofcourse the whole crew has to analyze the footage and THEN Quark (that crazy Ferengi) STEALS the footage and then sells it to the highest bidder! Oh MAN that's a GREAT EPISODE!

Hehehehe. You're an evil man, SlimRam. DON'T MOCK MY INEPTITUDE SO!

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Workshop IP Issues
6. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Workshop IP Issues Jun 12, 2014, 13:14 Creston

It happens a lot, it's just rarely caught, and even more rarely acted upon. Sadly.  

News Comments > Project CARS E3 Trailer
19. Re: Project CARS E3 Trailer Jun 12, 2014, 13:10 Creston

Strango wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 22:43:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 22:01:
Creston wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 21:43:
A question for someone who has played both: Which one is more realistic/drives better? Project Cars or Assetto Corsa?

Is Project Cars really going for that hyper realism? I know Assetto Corsa is.

Here's a youtube link showing off the handling on a '60s era F1 car in the wet. Handling looks pretty high fidelity to me.

Project Cars Nürburgring Nordschleife rain Lotus 49

That looks sooooo awesome. Thanks.

(Also, holy hell that dude has a nice setup...)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2014, 11:47 Creston

I will say that that World Cup ad is pretty flipping awesome. With most of those shots my initial reaction is "BULLSHIT! PHOTOSHOPPED!", but Remi Gaillard makes tons of videos like that and most people swear up and down it's all legit.

It's cool to watch in any case.

(Too bad actual soccer matches contain roughly 0.0001% of the excitement of that 2 minute video.)

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Workshop IP Issues
3. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Workshop IP Issues Jun 12, 2014, 11:39 Creston

I think they handled that well. Come down hard on stealing assclowns.  

News Comments > 75 More Steam Greenlights
7. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Jun 12, 2014, 11:36 Creston

Greenlight has lost all purpose. If you keep greenlighting that many games every other week, why bother having the stupid process at all? Just let everything on. Shit already gets through with frightening regularity, so it's not as if it'd get any worse.  

News Comments > Dead Rising 3 PC Framerate Issues Possible
10. Re: Dead Rising 3 PC Framerate Issues Possible Jun 12, 2014, 11:32 Creston

It's not that they're too terrified to try, it's that they have zero testers within their company, and the rest of them have no clue how to actually troubleshoot something.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Details
16. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Details Jun 12, 2014, 11:29 Creston

nin wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 10:03:
Pop in was evident, especially on a certain mission where you had to fly a plane low to the ground near the lake, and this one giant tree would pop in half a second in front of you, causing the plane to blow up (holy shit that one was frustrating).

GGGNNNNNGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! THAT FUCKING TREE!!!
There were a few streets where a concrete barrier would also just pop in 2 feet in front of you while you'd be going 180mph in your Sesto Elemento, which usually didn't lead to healthy things for Franklin...

Verno wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 10:08:
The load times on last gen consoles soured the MP for me and the chat quality on the PS3 was garbage. Can't wait to try the PC version.

The chat was fine, are you sure the rest of us weren't just drunk?

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Details
15. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Details Jun 12, 2014, 11:26 Creston

Bludd wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 11:13:
If GTA V PC follows Max Payne 3 PC in the technical department, it will not be GTA IV all over again.

Yup. Added bonus is that MP3 and GTA5 run on the same engine, so that should help.

I can't imagine that Rockstar would go to the effort of doing a PC version with all these upgraded things (showing they actually ARE putting effort into it), and then just half-ass the performance part again like they did with 4.

Then again, it IS the game industry, and half-ass'ing shit seems to be the way to do things...

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Female Lead Follow-up
4. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Female Lead Follow-up Jun 11, 2014, 21:53 Creston

I don't really care that they don't have a female protagonist in the SP campaign, though it would have been cool. And I can understand not doing the "both ways" like Bioware does.

However, I thought it was pretty lame that you couldn't even play a female character in the co-op stuff. But now I see that everyone just plays their own SP character in the co-op, so in essence it's four Arno's that are joining up. So I guess from that perspective it still makes sense. A bit.

25. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 11, 2014, 21:49 Creston

NewMaxx wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 20:10:
Creston wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 19:50:
I think it's in season 5 when the Klingon-Kardashian war really gets going, and things really start to get tripping awesome.

LOL! Can never trust those damn Kardashians.

o_O

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!
SHIT SHIT FUCK SHIT FUCK ASS SHIT. FUCK.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2014, 21:48 Creston

"We couldn't really be bothered to check what we were supporting, and now we find we're supporting something we don't actually believe in!"

Rolleyes

News Comments > Oculus VR Era Projections
10. Re: Oculus VR Era Projections Jun 11, 2014, 21:45 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 20:35:
I was appalled at first with the FB acquisition of OR, but I've come around after doing some research and reading. It sounds like Mark is a fan of VR, and similarly to how one of us might plop down a couple hundred for a few ships to support Star Citizen, Mark plopped down a couple billion to accelerate and support OR. Obviously FB is more involved than that, but I don't see this as a purely business based decision to try and make OR the platform of choice for FB. It feels like there was something fanboyesque about this purchase.

Had that been the case, he'd have (or should have) used his own funds. He didn't. he bought them with FB cash, which means OR is now beholden to Facebook's shareholders. And if FB shareholders feel that OR isn't going to fast enough, or isn't making enough money, they're going to bitch and/or meddle.

The idea of selling near cost is cute, but shareholders don't accept the idea of selling near cost.

News Comments > Oculus VR Era Projections
9. Re: Oculus VR Era Projections Jun 11, 2014, 21:43 Creston

End of NEXT year? Hot damn...

News Comments > Project CARS E3 Trailer
3. Re: Project CARS E3 Trailer Jun 11, 2014, 21:43 Creston

A question for someone who has played both: Which one is more realistic/drives better? Project Cars or Assetto Corsa?  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Beta Nears
3. Re: Pillars of Eternity Beta Nears Jun 11, 2014, 21:41 Creston

Woohoo!  

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Jun 11, 2014, 20:00 Creston

nin wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 17:51:
Was at a hotel in Vegas last year, and the fire sprinkler was on the wall, facing into the room. And they had this big sign above it about "DO NOT HANG YOUR CLOTHES HERE."

But how else am I supposed to wash my pants?

23. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 11, 2014, 19:52 Creston

KS wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 19:47:
Of course it is Netflix so yappy dramatic interactions are the (cheaper-to-produce) norm. Or maybe they're gonna be the first internet content place to step up to the major league big 4 network investment time.

Wuh? Are you aware that House of Cards cost them a hundred MILLION dollars to produce, just for the first season? I'm not sure that insinuations that Netflix is cheap are really appropriate...

22. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 11, 2014, 19:50 Creston

jdr, I would definitely recommend trying season 4 on one of the streaming sites. It's a great season (though people who hate Worf will undoubtedly be annoyed at how much priority he's getting,) and the entire Dominion storyline expands nicely.

I think it's in season 5 when the Klingon-Cardassian (DAMMIT!!!!) war really gets going, and things really start to get tripping awesome.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2014, 21:50.

22968 Comments. 1149 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo