Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 23582 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Free Weekend; Pre-Sequel Pre-Purchases
10. Re: Borderlands 2 Free Weekend; Pre-Sequel Pre-Purchases Aug 20, 2014, 18:35 Creston

nin wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 17:19:
Wow, $60? I could have sworn they said at one point it wasn't going to be full priced - maybe I confused it with another title.

60 bucks for what looks like an expansion pack's worth of content. Okay, Gearbox...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Metro 2033/Redux Comparison
16. Re: Metro 2033/Redux Comparison Aug 20, 2014, 16:07 Creston

It's a nice upgrade, definitely looks a lot better.

The gameplay, however, left me going 'ugh', so I doubt I'll be spending money on this.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins
29. Re: Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins Aug 20, 2014, 15:53 Creston

grudgebearer wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 00:23:
Creston wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 22:06:
Wooohoooo! Between this, Wasteland 2, Original Sin and Witcher 3 in February 2015, it's a fucking GREAT six months for RPGs.

Have you played any WL2 yet? The combat is pretty terrible.

So then I'll just put it on Easy and enjoy the story. Like I did with DA2. :-shrug-:

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 20, 2014, 15:51 Creston

True. Now that I think about it, he also gave us "I WILL FUCKING KILL GOOGLE!"

Which just gets more and more humorous as time goes on.

News Comments > Crytek to Repair Reputation with "Really High Quality Games"
47. Re: Crytek to Repair Reputation with Aug 20, 2014, 14:44 Creston

Kajetan wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 11:47:
Creston wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 10:10:
F2P and really high quality usually don't go hand in hand, especially when EA is involved...
Is EA involved with current Crytek? I think not. They only had a simple publishing deal for the Crysis games.

That's a fair point. I thought I had seen an announcement that EA would be involved in the publishing of whatever their next F2P title is, but it's definitely possible that I'm wrong on that.

News Comments > Five Nights at Freddy's Released
7. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's Released Aug 20, 2014, 14:40 Creston

nin wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 09:54:
Is there a known phobia of dolls and shit like this coming to life? Cause I totally have it, and can't play shit like this...

Always found puppets used in ventriloquism extremely creepy, I think it's the eyes (and they blink, dear god, they blink!).

<shudder!>

Yeah it's called being a big fucking pussy.

I kid! I kid! EVERYONE WAS THINKING IT!

*goes back to being terrified of tiny, tiny spiders.*

News Comments > etc., etc.
29. Re: etc., etc. Aug 20, 2014, 14:39 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 14:14:
I feel bad for that guy. He was really enamored with her. What's the diagnosis for her? Probably not schizophrenia. But she's a manipulative pathological liar with no impulse control.

She's just a pathological liar with pretty hefty trust issues, but the dude is pretty pathetic too. I understand that it's the first girl he ever really loved and that it's hard to realize you've been taken for a fool, but damn buddy... It's over. Stop trying to "make it work." If someone cheats on you with five guys while you're in a relationship, there is NOTHING THERE TO WORK ON.

I also can't believe I'm so bored at work I read that whole fucking thing.

27. Re: etc., etc. Aug 20, 2014, 14:36 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 14:12:
The gaming journalists are essentially marketing peons. ALL OF THEM. Some of them may not realize it, but the site they work for is just a bunch of marketing shills.

Except for JaguarUSF. That dude is a straight shooter.

I don't think Jaguar gets paid for his opinions by a "gaming site". Neither does Angry Joe, for example.

But the people who work for www.somethingtodowithgaming.com may as well just put "marketing peon" on their signature.

23. Re: etc., etc. Aug 20, 2014, 13:42 Creston

ASeven wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 18:24:
Hell, the integrity of gaming journalism, the few it had, is destroyed completely if this is true.

It had none. NONE. Anyone who believes the gaming journalism industry has even the slightest bit of professional integrity is sadly fooling him or herself.

The gaming journalists are essentially marketing peons. ALL OF THEM. Some of them may not realize it, but the site they work for is just a bunch of marketing shills.

This shit has the potential of shaking up a lot of foundations badly though, to be honest, they needed to be shook.

It won't do shit other than maybe Kotaku firing Grayson, because everyone already knows there is no integrity to be found anywhere, so why kick over the anthill for something that's essentially nothing new anyways?

Admittedly, it's probably the first time I've heard of a female dev whoring herself out for better coverage, but in the end it's still just buying publicity, so eh.

Again, there is NO integrity in gaming journalism.

Oh, and Zoe Quinn is a fucking bitch, apparently.

This comment was edited on Aug 20, 2014, 13:56.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 20, 2014, 12:00 Creston

Bye Steve! Thanks for nothing!

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Delay Confirmed
10. Re: Wasteland 2 Delay Confirmed Aug 20, 2014, 11:54 Creston

harlock wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 03:53:
i thought they already delayed this months ago.. i didnt know it changed

They said last month it'd be delayed until "the first or second week of September."

They need to be careful though. If they slip much further they're going to have to go up against AC, CoD, DA3 etc, and that'd be murder.

Edit: It's also a day after the director's cut of Shadowrun. Sigh.

This comment was edited on Aug 20, 2014, 12:30.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2014, 11:51 Creston

I hope every artist tells the NFL to die in a fire with their horseshit. "Hey, wanna play at our gig? Pay us for it."

The Ginger Hammer is long overdue being chewed on by a deer.

News Comments > Avalanche Expands; Promises "Several Surprises" in 2015
2. Re: Avalanche Expands; Promises Aug 20, 2014, 11:47 Creston

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE give us Just cause 3.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 19, 2014, 10:50 Creston

"Apple takes user security and privacy very seriously," it said. "We have added China Telecom to our list of data centre providers to increase bandwidth and improve performance for our customers in mainland china. All data stored with our providers is encrypted. China Telecom does not have access to the content."

China Telecom may not. I can guarantee that the Chinese government DOES have access.

Then again, that's really no different from having stuff here in the US and having the NSA see if they can find former girlfriends in it to stalk.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Neighborhood social networks Aug 19, 2014, 10:48 Creston

Knowing your neighbors is good for your health

So get on a social network that connects you to the guy living next to you! IT'S GREAT!

Rolleyes

It used to be you'd go over and talk to your neighbor, but it's apparently much better and healthier to just Friend them on a fucking social network.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. EA Access Aug 19, 2014, 10:37 Creston

Six hours early access. Hahaha. And they wonder why Sony said "This is trash, we're not carrying this."  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2014, 10:12 Creston

It makes me feel cynical to suspect they may have been just hoping I wouldn't notice

There's nothing cynical about that, that's just the reality. AT&T and Verizon even go so far as to call it a "revenue source".

And why wouldn't they? It's not as if they get penalized beyond a mild "tsk tsk" if they get caught.

News Comments > Crytek to Repair Reputation with "Really High Quality Games"
12. Re: Crytek to Repair Reputation with Aug 19, 2014, 10:10 Creston

F2P and really high quality usually don't go hand in hand, especially when EA is involved...

We'll see what they come up with. They really need to branch out from the Crysis type gameplay anyway.

News Comments > John Carmack's Son's Game
10. Re: John Carmack's Son's Game Aug 18, 2014, 22:08 Creston

When I was 9, I think I spent a lot of time flat on my face after I'd fallen off my bike.

At age 9, Ryan Carmack made a game, and then put a grandma mode in it.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins
7. Re: Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins Aug 18, 2014, 22:06 Creston

Wooohoooo! Between this, Wasteland 2, Original Sin and Witcher 3 in February 2015, it's a fucking GREAT six months for RPGs.  

23582 Comments. 1180 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo