Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 24510 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers
2. Re: WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers Nov 19, 2014, 19:43 Creston

These numbers seem odd. If they had 7.4 million subscribers recently, 3.3 million people bought Draenor, and now they passed 10 million subscribers, in essence they're saying that the large majority of people who bought Draenor were no longer subscribing, and only a small portion of the existing subscriber base bought it?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2014, 16:37 Creston

SimplyMonk wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 16:06:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 15:16:
Or maybe not. It's not uncommon to find massive sales on vehicles during November and December. There's that old adage of correlation is not causation.

Eh. You might be right. Google fact checking seems to suggest there is no clear causation or even really a spike right now.

Fair enough, C&D does have a different take on it. (which I hadn't seen.)

News Comments > Starpoint Gemini 2 Patch Adds Missions
6. Re: Starpoint Gemini 2 Patch Adds Missions Nov 19, 2014, 16:32 Creston

netrace wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 15:20:
Keep it on your list for later. Well worth it in my opinion, and they're supposed to keep adding to it.

I will

22. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2014, 15:20 Creston

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 14:01:
Creston wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 13:11:
Sales of SUVs and trucks have soared since gas dipped below $3/G a month or so ago. Long term thinking is the not the American citizen's forte.

I own a truck and drive it daily to and from work on a 108 mile round trip commute. You don't buy a full sized truck, or by an extension, an SUV if you're worried about gas mileage or can't afford the gas.

I don't, no. You don't either. Most of America? Yeah, probably. How else do you explain that SUV and Truck sales go up/soar when gas prices go down? This isn't the first time it's happened, it happened the last time, eight or so years ago when oil dropped back down to 30 bucks and gas went back down to like a buck fifty. SUVs and trucks were FLYING off the lots. Car dealers couldn't keep them in stock. Gas prices go back up, sales of SUVs and trucks went back down.

Gas prices go down, sales go back up. If you want to say it's not because of gas prices, shrug, fine, I don't care.

The avg American is dirt fucking stupid.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition
98. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 19, 2014, 15:09 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 15:07:
Back on the scripts, is it possible they are doing something like as you level they give you more access to add scripts?

I strongly doubt it... There doesn't really even seem to be any room in the screen for it, and I've seen no mention of a functionality like that in all the reviews I've read.

97. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 19, 2014, 15:08 Creston

Bundy wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 14:42:
I told my buddy that they need to fix up the PC controls and listed the problems we're having. He'll ignore it and probably tell me to fuck off, but I did it anyway. I'm going to try that cutscene fix, I was thinking they looked a little clunky compared to the rest of the game.

Let's hope they do something. An auto-attack toggle and the ability to just click and select in tact-cam would alleviate most of my remaining issues.

94. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 19, 2014, 14:42 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 14:21:
Creston wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 12:59:
Sidenote, rebenchmarked with the 970, on Ultra+FT@1080p, now it's 54/44. Wheee

What was it on the 660 again?

35/25. (avg/min)

1. Still a lot of loading watching a stream and it's slow. Boo.

True, it does take a long time to load, but when you are in a zone or a mission (ie, where you spend 90% of the game), it doesn't load. At least not via a loading screen. So it's all front-loaded (see what I did there?!) basically.

3. About tactics, if it isn't great, I have plenty of other games that are now. If it is more a great action RPG, fine with that.

It is, and on higher diff levels, you definitely need tactics.

The Party AI, yes if they gutted that, that is probably the biggest disappointment then. I used the crap out of it and you could really add to your party and leave out a lot of micro-managing and get a job well done. This goes all the way back for Bioware, gutting it would be a big disappointment. The only good I can say is no one else had anything like it, so it's no worse than the rest.

FF12 did, and it was awesome. You could literally set it up so the game essentially played itself, which was fun to craft. But yeah, that's all gone.

Controls. If most issues are rebinds, well I do that with every game and if Mouse 4 and 5 aren't recognized, I'll go into the mouse software and bind those to be something else DA:I can work with. IMO we should all have that capability. However is does seem a little beyond just that. Keeping eye on.

I really have no control issues anymore. I don't agree with every decision, but i'm used to it now, so eh. It plays fine, to be honest. The Tact Cam being shitty, shrug. I rarely used it in origins either (though that was because I had kickass AI setup...)

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective
69. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 19, 2014, 14:26 Creston

harlock wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 12:25:
YOU CANT FOOL ME, ILLUMINATI! INTERNET EXPLORER IS THE BEST!

I lol'ed.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 19, 2014, 14:21 Creston

Bundy wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 14:07:
1badmf wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 09:36:
why do people hate uber so much? seems like taxis need a little competition to me.

Seems to be one of these almost everyday.

Exactly this. The guys in charge of Uber are a bunch of fucking scumbags. Here are some more examples.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
20. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 19, 2014, 14:14 Creston

Pigeon wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 13:02:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 12:31:
nin wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 11:51:
Frags4Fun wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 11:44:
I was in line yesterday at Gamestop to pick up my copy of GTAV and a lady was buying it for her 12 year old. So disturbing.

Wow. You should have struck up a conversation with the kid and watched mom's face: "Hey man, did you hear you can get a blowjob from the hookers in first person now? <pulls out phone> Here, it's on youtube!"

Our system in a nutshell:
Buying GTAV for a 12 year old: Perfectly legal.
Showing GTAV vid to a 12 year old: 10 years in the pen and life-long listing on the pedo registry.

I think legal for a legal guardian buy M games for their kids, just like how you can bring a kid to an R movie if you're the legal guardian. Alcohol may be different.

Correct. If a mom buys a game for her 5 year old that is totally unsuitable, Gamestop should just sell her the game. It's not their job to raise her kid.

If that kid walks in by him/herself to try to buy it, they should refuse.

Either way, they can't get into trouble over it, because despite millions of dollars thrown at it by pandering senators/congressdicks, there is no law that prohibits it. The age rating is a guidance, not a legal dictum.

Edit : ninja'd by Prophet.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
19. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 19, 2014, 14:11 Creston

nin wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 09:26:
GTA? Controversial? Really????

I like that Rockstar basically said "You know what? Fuck it. We're doing the hooker scenes in first person too."

nin wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 11:51:
Wow. You should have struck up a conversation with the kid and watched mom's face: "Hey man, did you hear you can get a blowjob from the hookers in first person now? <pulls out phone> Here, it's on youtube!"

Lol. You're a horrible human being.

News Comments > Starpoint Gemini 2 Patch Adds Missions
3. Re: Starpoint Gemini 2 Patch Adds Missions Nov 19, 2014, 14:07 Creston

Awesome support. Adding free content is the bees knees.

I've been looking at picking this up, but ugh, my schedule is full until at least March/April next year. Sorry SG2 devs

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Optimization Plans
12. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Optimization Plans Nov 19, 2014, 14:03 Creston

Brumbek wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 13:48:
At the risk of being flamed I will say this is why I respect Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and think it is worth support with our money. It comes out on schedule with a very solid PC version. Moreover, it doesn't require dumb uPlay or Origin but simply connects online to fetch your profile when playing MP. And it simply works.

No need to get flamed for that, it's a very true opinion. I was on the fence for COD:AW, but I generally don't do well in twitch MP shooters on my slow internet connection, and I'd never get 60 bucks worth of enjoyment out of the SP campaign. In five years, when it's 30 bucks, I'll pick it up.

Anyway, my point is...we as gamers should boycott terrible business practices such as releasing Unity in such a state. It is a messed up world when the new Call of Duty is the benchmark for reasonable and quality business practices.

I agree. I deliberately didn't buy Unity because of that. I'll get it when it's five bucks next year. Enjoy the cup of coffee, Ubisoft!

92. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 19, 2014, 14:01 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 13:20:

Yup

Giggle

A few things:

- Space does indeed function as "Take All." Thanks ParanoidJack!
- So far, switching the mouse buttons in the Options-General session has definitely made things easier to control. No idea why I didn't think of that right when I first saw that option.
- The cutscenes running @ ShitFPS fix is great, and it works, but do NOT start a new game with it. After you spend an hour in the CC, it'll somehow throw you outside the game world, and the only escape you have is to start a new game. Start your game, get to the first point where you can save, THEN implement the cutscene fix. (I know this is going to fuck me over if/when I start a new game several weeks from now.)

For those curious, the fix is to add this command line

-GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60+

to your DA:I shortcut. (So "blablablaba\da:i.exe" -GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60+ )

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2014, 14:09.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2014, 13:13 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 13:11:
Creston wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 13:09:
Sucks dude

Nice save.

I didn't see his post until after I'd already posted mine

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2014, 13:12 Creston

BobBob wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 11:39:
I'm curious if the hybrid operates well in cold weather. I've heard different stories as to battery performance. Eventually, I want to get a Tesla or (ideally) a Google driver-less car -- if they ever mass produce them.

As you are so fond of telling us, you never HAVE cold weather, you wretch! Shakefist

They're fine now, btw. There were some issues with early hybrids, but it hasn't been an issue for several years now.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2014, 13:11 Creston

SimplyMonk wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 11:09:
Blue wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 09:50:
We got a good deal because interest in hybrids has diminished with recent drops in gas prices, but the 44 hwy/city MPG still seems very appealing to me.

Awesome deal for you, but seriously... It is not like gas prices are super volatile or anything.

"Ooooh! We are back under 3 $/gallon! Time to financially lock myself into a vehicle that gets 3 mi/gallon."

'MERICA!

Sales of SUVs and trucks have soared since gas dipped below $3/G a month or so ago. Long term thinking is the not the American citizen's forte.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2014, 13:09 Creston

Sucks dude  

90. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 19, 2014, 13:06 Creston

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 13:05:
Went back to Origins to try and finish the campaign I started a couple weeks ago. Mouse click movement and auto-attack make things just so much simpler. You could control the whole game by mouse if you wanted to and it frees up more time to focus on the battle as a whole. Really hope they patch that stuff back in.

Agreed.

(Somewhere at Bioware, a dev goes "But...but...but... CONTROLLERS!" )

89. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 19, 2014, 13:05 Creston

Verno wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 13:03:
Creston wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 12:54:
I'm pretty sure there's an option to "swap mouse buttons" in the options. I think that'd probably help with that issue?

Thanks I'll look for it later. This game is so frustrating because the game part of it seems genuinely good but the controls fucking suck. I hope I can come up with a happy medium or maybe I'll go play FC4 and see if they patch this.

It's under the Controls section. Tick box to swap mouse buttons both in combat and world exploration.

24510 Comments. 1226 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo