Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 24218 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 3, 2014, 16:51 Creston

Flatline wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 16:29:
That'll mean self-driving cars will never, ever show up. There is no way that industry will take on any liability.

Oh there is. As long as the sum of (Legal Liability + Cost of Deaths) is less than the Predicted Extra Profit, they'll gladly take it on.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition
40. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition Nov 3, 2014, 15:43 Creston

harlock wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 15:02:
this game is fast fast fast... MP reminds me of UT quite a lot.. its definitely call of duty sped up a bit, with jetpacks - but it turns out thats pretty cool

btw dont even think about playing this on a 1GB gfx card.. had to turn it down to 800x600 to get consistent 60+ fps... and smooth fps is required for this game

It sounds pretty good. Kind of interested... Must resist temptation...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 3, 2014, 15:33 Creston

Yeah that would be pretty sweet, though it might get boring for the navigator.  

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 3, 2014, 13:02 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 12:39:
DG wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 12:34:
Are there any real must-haves for either console yet? I have a very dusty 360 which I got a handful of games for, one series of which (GTA) I'm happy to wait for PC these days. I might even have missed a Halo.
Depends what type of games you like to play. Forza is pretty awesome on the xbox the last of us and Infamous is pretty good on the PS4. Most new games these days are cross platform so I can't really think of any must haves as of yet.
PC is still the best place to be

I reallllllly want to play Forza Horizons 2...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 3, 2014, 12:33 Creston

Yes, let's focus on self-driving busses, because that would fix EVERYTHING! Then I can have a self-driving machine take me from where I'm not to where I'm not going, as opposed to a driver taking me from where I'm not to where I'm not going. AMAZING! THE WORLD IS SAVED!

Rolleyes

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 3, 2014, 12:10 Creston

nin wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 09:25:
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’s resolution on Xbox One is 1360 x 1080.

"See?! It's 1080!"

LOL. "Pathetic" doesn't even cover it properly anymore. It's just flat-out embarrassing how terrible that shitbox is.

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition Nov 3, 2014, 12:03 Creston

From the Polygon review:

Polygon attended a review event for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare held by publisher Activision at the Cavallo Point resort in Sausalito, California, from Oct. 20 through Oct. 22. Per Polygon's ethics policy, we paid for our accommodations for the duration of our time at the event.

Wow... I'm... stunned, actually. Someone listened and realized that having everything paid for means your opinion is also bought and paid for and thus essentially worthless. I applaud this move. Kudos, Polygon.

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition Nov 3, 2014, 11:58 Creston

Whiskers wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 10:44:
Looking forward to giving this a go when it goes on sale in two months.

I wouldn't hold your breath...

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
17. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 2, 2014, 20:27 Creston

JediPunisher wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 15:45:
Creston wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 15:22:
You can't have consoles with varying performance levels, because devs would just ignore the extra power and program for the lowest common denominator anyway.
Now if that were true, we'd have a lot of 720p PS4 games.

That's apples and oranges (and even then, some devs do this. See, for example, Ubisoft, who simply takes money to shit on their game on other platforms for the sake of the shitty Xbone.) You know the Xbone can do X performance, and the PS4 can do Y. You also know that all 13 million PS4s out there can do Y.

But if MS releases a more powerful Xbone SKU, then suddenly Xbone can do X or Y. And is Y prevalent enough to do the extra work, the extra testing etc?

I don't see it happening, but to be honest, it'd be nice if it did, because I do seriously want to play Forza Horizons 2... I'm just not spending 400 bucks on a seriously underpowered piece of shit.

We're only talking about a bump in res and frame rate, which could be accomplished with a few simple tweaks to the existing hardware, such as swapping out the DDR3 in favor of much faster DDR5. That would really help level the playing field with the PS4.

Faster memory doesn't do all that much. It doesn't negate that their GPU solution is roughly 40% less powerful than the PS4 one.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 2, 2014, 17:35 Creston

nin wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 10:46:
I'm laughing at Farm Simulator making it to number two...makes me think of this.

I love that video.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 2, 2014, 17:32 Creston

PropheT wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 16:01:
Rossini wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 14:42:
Maybe I played way too much Civ 5. But is anyone else finding Civ: Beyond Earth boring?

I like it really well, but after a first game that went pretty much perfectly I haven't been able to complete any more. I got to a late turn in my next game, and the game just ended with no feedback as to why. The next game, Elodie gives me a dialog about going to war with someone in turn 300-something and the game locks up; can't reply to her, can't get out of it, reloading an earlier save doesn't help. Same thing next game.

Doesn't take much to make you not want to play after getting to turn 300+ in a Civ game and not being able to finish multiple times. I like the game, but it's hard to recommend when that's the experience I keep getting.

Eeekk... Definitely waiting on some patches first then...

13. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 2, 2014, 15:22 Creston

JediPunisher wrote on Nov 1, 2014, 22:22:
Creston wrote on Nov 1, 2014, 18:21:
Of course, they can't create a more powerful one now because it would fracture their user base.
There would be no reason for a fractured user base... We're not talking different generations of consoles here, just a bump in res/fps. So, if someone playing a shooter on XB1 at 720p and/or 30fps feels disadvantaged against others with an XB1.1 at 1080p/60fps, then they are motivated to buy a new console which equals more cash for Microsoft.

MS just jizzed all over itself. Sadly, that's not really how things work out in console world. You can't have consoles with varying performance levels, because devs would just ignore the extra power and program for the lowest common denominator anyway.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Reveal
4. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 2, 2014, 10:42 Creston

I like the idea behind their change to the targeting system, going from a lead-targeting to a "here is what you'll hit if you fire now" system. It would indeed make you focus on the actual ship you're dogfighting, rather than on a little reticle somewhere in front of it.

It would also make it much easier to target subsytems, since you're already aiming at that particular point anyway, rather than having to move back on target first, select the subsystem, then lead off again before you could fire.

Smart change.

The E.S.P. thing seems like a version of mouse smoothing from the description, so I have no idea how well that'd work out. I guess feedback will tell.

This comment was edited on Nov 2, 2014, 10:47.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Handsome Jack DLC Next Week
1. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Handsome Jack DLC Next Week Nov 2, 2014, 10:23 Creston

Jack had the Digi-Jacks in BL2, he summons them several times during your final battle with him right before he summons the Warrior.

I like the idea that he gets buffs when he picks up money. That's pretty funny.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2014, 19:58 Creston

Awwwwwww  

5. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 1, 2014, 18:21 Creston

It might be a little cheaper, but what they really need is a far more powerful xbone. Of course, they can't create a more powerful one now because it would fracture their user base.

And all that for the sake of their piece of shit camera toy which they abandoned less than a year later. They have some truly staggering fucking morons in charge of that division.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Dragon Age: Inquisition
34. Re: Gone Gold - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 1, 2014, 15:15 Creston

peteham wrote on Nov 1, 2014, 05:32:
Chiming in on this as well. When I pre-ordered XCOM EW from them, I got the keys 2-3 hours after it released on steam. With a midnight release, and having to wait for the download as well, this basically amounted to getting the game a day later. I seem to recall reading on their forums that they weren't given keys to hand out before the game released. So I wouldn't pre-order from GMG if your main priority is playing the game the minute it's released.

Thanks for letting me know.

1badmf wrote on Nov 1, 2014, 04:22:
i haven't gotten my key yet either. i'll let you know when i do. it's worth the money if you can find one of gmg's many discount codes though. i paid $46 bux total.

Yeah, I'm debating whether being able to play for five days more is worth the 15 bucks discount.

33. Re: Gone Gold - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 1, 2014, 15:15 Creston

Redmask wrote on Nov 1, 2014, 15:10:
Laidlaw literally admitted in a stream that there are a few healing spells anyway, I only got a glimpse at the tree but I saw something that looked like a regen spell and another one that is a burst heal for the whole party.

'we dont have healing spells...except for those healing spells over there'

That was about 2-3 weeks ago so it'll be interesting to see if they decided to keep them in or not.

The burst heal is the Focus spell, it's sort of the "Ultimate XXXXXX spell." I believe a mage can only have one focus spell period, so if you were to choose the heal as your focus, you miss out on stuff such as Nuclear Meteor Blast To Smithereens Extreme or something like that. You also don't get the focus spell until later in the game.

Don't know about the regeneration spell.

There's just no heal one person / heal the group kinda deal like there was in DA:O and DA2.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 1, 2014, 01:17 Creston

LittleMe wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 21:17:
Okay so if your car is unlocked with your fingerprint can they force you to unlock it and search it without your consent?

edit: I guess so if they have probably cause.

Well, a car is pretty easily opened and searched, so the analogy kinda fails there. Also, the cops could just ask for your key, and you'd have to provide it as per the law.

“giving police a fingerprint is akin to providing a DNA or handwriting sample or an actual key, which the law permits,”

25. Re: Gone Gold - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 1, 2014, 00:28 Creston

harlock wrote on Nov 1, 2014, 00:17:
i honestly think the lack of healing spells/limited potions is from a demons/dark souls influence... challenging rpgs are in fashion currently, which is good - shit back in the day they were fucking brutal

That could very well be. Like I said, I like their design thought behind it, and the game looked properly difficult in several of their twitch streams. (Their lead dev wiped several times in a dungeon, for example.)

24218 Comments. 1211 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo