Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 23019 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Game of Thrones series 4 finale sets new online piracy record Jun 17, 2014, 13:41 Creston

Cutter wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 12:32:
Pigeon wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 11:55:
Which basically says you've got content people want but they can't get legally without a lot of hassle and/or without paying significantly more than they are willing. I'm not condoning piracy, but when you see this much of it there's a problem on the supply side.

Well if they don't provide a fair and easy way to do it that's what's going to happen.

You can either subscribe to HBO, which as far as I know is available on literally every single telcom/satellite provider, or you can buy it on DVD/Blu-ray afterward (which is what I do.)

Not sure how much fairer or easier it needs to get? I'm sure there are some countries where it's not being aired, and I have no problem with people in those countries pirating it, but every single jacktard who pirates it in the US is just a cheap motherfucking asshole.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Xenonauts Released
7. Re: Xenonauts Released Jun 17, 2014, 13:37 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 12:40:
Creston wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 11:22:
So, this or the Open-Xcom from a few days ago?

How does it compare to UFO: Aftermath, which is on the GoG flash sales right now? Or do we not talk about that?

Edit: Also Open XCom is definitely going on the laptop.

THE FIRST RULE OF XCOM IS THAT YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT AFTERMATH!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. SSD Switch and Bait Jun 17, 2014, 12:00 Creston

Hmmm, that article seems surprisingly like a "I took money to shut up about this" to me.

Putting high-performance memory in an SSD when it goes out for reviews, only to then put slower memory in it when it goes into retail is a classic bait-and-switch, no matter how much you try to fucking sugar coat it.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2014, 11:43 Creston

NeOCidE wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 11:33:
Quite funny you should say that as I was thinking the same thing with the added view that once Microsoft does indeed release something, it usually falls short of the original product anyway. Unreal. If you're going to effectively copy a product, at least do it BETTER. One product that Microsoft has brought to the table and is indeed better in my view is the surface pro. Although battery life is naff.

The surface pro is a good product (though waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overpriced,) but it got fucked up by the usual Microsoft retardery. "Let's release a new product line, and release the gimped, shitty version first! That way we immediately destroy all interest in the product, so that when the Pro comes out, only the truly hardcore care anymore! KACHINGALING!"

Steve Ballmer at his finest.

News Comments > Line Of Defense $99 Early Access
56. Re: Line Of Defense $99 Early Access Jun 17, 2014, 11:40 Creston

ASeven wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 07:53:
Did he just call any future buyer of his game freeloaders??

Yes. Yes, he did. Welcome to the world of Derek Smart, where you buy his game, and then get called a stupid fucknozzle by him or his tardbilly friends if it doesn't work.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Countdown
11. Re: Team Fortress 2 Countdown Jun 17, 2014, 11:30 Creston

TF3 announcement. Out "soon!" (ie, 2022)

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2014, 11:30 Creston

PHJF wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 09:45:
They probably realized all their things that made single player missions work (well, heavy scripting, anyways) wouldn't work with four people in a sprawling environment unless they instanced, so they said, "fuck it."

But all the missions are already instanced, so I doubt that'd be the sticking point?

It's quite sad to see them just ignore heists. Shit, they have enough money, just buy the PayDay devs and have them make it.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2014, 11:26 Creston

Microsoft never jumps on board something until it's already well on its way out again, so no surprise there. And I doubt the Wii-U has anywhere near the power to actually do VR.

News Comments > New Deus Ex Details?
8. Re: New Deus Ex Details? Jun 17, 2014, 11:25 Creston

Optional Nickname! wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 10:23:
To hear it, the sequel to DE:HR was even worse.

Interesting, seeing as how a sequel to DE:HR:

1) Hasn't been made yet
2) Hasn't even been officially announced yet

Please share more of your Futuro-Vision insights with us.

News Comments > New Deus Ex Details?
7. Re: New Deus Ex Details? Jun 17, 2014, 11:23 Creston

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE .... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE .... (much, much later) EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

A trilogy game would be even more awesome. It's one of my favorite things about Mass Effect, even though some of the decisions do kinda fizzle out in the end.

News Comments > Xenonauts Released
4. Re: Xenonauts Released Jun 17, 2014, 11:22 Creston

So, this or the Open-Xcom from a few days ago?

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage
16. Re: The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage Jun 16, 2014, 21:56 Creston

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 18:13:
Nice very nice. I like how the comments in the video thread are already devolving into Xbone vs PS4, and how each systems graphics will be superior. $20 says I jump in and mention that the PC will have the superior graphics, they'll say "graphiks dont mattr!eleventyone111!"

Trust Stockholm Syndrome sufferers Microsoft fans to still think their underpowered piece of shit is going to be better graphically than the PS4. Somehow.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Jun 16, 2014, 21:53 Creston

Quboid wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 19:57:
Football is like sex, even when it's bad it's better than pretty much anything else

Yeah no, it really isn't.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Jun 16, 2014, 21:50 Creston

Dang Tony...

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
27. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 16, 2014, 19:42 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 14:48:
I disagree on the first part. Creative things don't work well with "just stick to a few." You never know what looks great on paper but will totally fail when it's put together. If you concentrate on a few, you lose the law of averages.

Pretty much every single game developer in existence proves this wrong. By your explanation, the only way a dev can ever create something good is to be working on 12 games at a time.

What they need to do is not cancel after 8 episodes. Give shows with potential time to breath and grow. It's what they used to do, and it's what they need to do again. Some of the biggest shows of the past, such as Seinfeld, were utter flops their first season.

Agreed.

As for the second part, DVR still isn't the way most shows are viewed. When they add DVR into viewings, it's at most a 30% bump, and that's for heavily DVRd shows. Most people still watch TV live.

Eh, I can't find it so quickly. There was an article a while back that said that DVRs were now the majority of viewers.

Right now, I'm watching Fargo, Orphan Black and Game of Thrones. Or, I guess, now just Orphan Black.

Orphan Black is FANTASTIC.

News Comments > Op Ed
29. Re: Op Ed Jun 16, 2014, 19:37 Creston

RavingArmy wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 15:22:
Creston, you realize that if any of these ideas appear, we're all coming to your place for the lynching, right?

News Comments > Op Ed
28. Re: Op Ed Jun 16, 2014, 19:36 Creston

DangerDog wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 15:23:
Creston wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 14:21:
I struggle to imagine what "literally worse than EA" looks like. What would a company have to do to be LITERALLY worse than EA? Let's take a stab at it:

How about Comcast forcing you to "share" the internet connection you've paid for and using your electricity so their so called customers can have wi-fi access from you as a collective hot-spot.

No? How about corporations knowingly killing people either slowly (Monsanto) or more expediently (General Motors).

People seriously need to stop tripping over EA.

Fair enough. I meant "as a publisher." Obviously shitholes such as Monsanto and Bank of America are far, far FAR worse.

News Comments > Line Of Defense $99 Early Access
26. Re: Line Of Defense $99 Early Access Jun 16, 2014, 19:33 Creston

We're simply not interested in letting freeloaders gain early access to the game, not provide meaningful - if any - feedback, while we foot the bill for the backend services, servers, bandwidth etc

If it's Early Access, those 'freeloaders' are actually PAYING for access to your game. It's so irritating that you have to pay for backend services, servers and bandwith for those fucking players that pay you money, right?

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
25. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 16, 2014, 14:38 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 11:14:
Imagine if Netflix launched 20 new shows. And Amazon launched 20 new shows. And NBC and CBS and Fox and ABC and FX and AMC all launched their new shows this way. How many would actually get noticed?

Not very many. So maybe, here's a thought, the TV industry needs to stop cranking out 20 new shows per provider every season, each of which runs for an average of 8 episodes before it gets canceled, and just focus on a few new shows each season, but give it a year to run to see how it's doing, and put more effort and funds into them to make sure they're actually worth watching as opposed to the 1 good show and 19 pieces of shovelware we get now.

Hopefully this idea just gave the CEOs of NBC, ABC, CBS and FOX a heart attack.

And, I'd wager, most people consume television this way.

Yeah, I'm gonna wager you're actually just wrong. Most people have DVRs now, and watch what they want to watch when they want to watch it.

News Comments > OpenXcom Version 1.0
14. Re: OpenXcom Version 1.0 Jun 16, 2014, 14:32 Creston

gsilver wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 02:31:
Without a stun rod in the off-hand to help capture aliens

That's what rookies are for.

23019 Comments. 1151 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo