Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 25143 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 3, 2015, 10:45 Creston

Of course people know what happened to those NSA staffers: Jack Fucking Shit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft Reinstates Far Cry 4 Keys
17. Re: Ubisoft Reinstates Far Cry 4 Keys Feb 2, 2015, 22:48 Creston

Quboid wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 20:43:
It must have been incredibly annoying to lose your game in this manner so that's good but to be honest I'm surprised they're doing this. Should I take this as a message that I should buy in the grey market in future?

Ubisoft in essence supports G2A themselves. They frequently do promotions with Pewdie Pie, and Pewdie Pie is the literal face of G2A. Kind of a mixed message to do that and then to unilaterally drop the hammer on people who bought a key from a site like that (though IIRC in this case the keys didn't come from G2A.)

I agree they have the right to protect their IP, but letting people activate their games and then just bam take them away like that was a stupid move.

News Comments > Ubisoft Reinstates Far Cry 4 Keys
16. Re: Ubisoft Reinstates Far Cry 4 Keys Feb 2, 2015, 22:45 Creston

Glad to see they did the right thing. After you've accepted the keys and let people activate their games with them, taking the game away is bullshit.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 2, 2015, 22:44 Creston

ldonyo wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 13:10:
According to the new definition of broadband (25/3), none of those plans is actually broadband. Certainly none of them is a good deal if you have any other option for Internet service.

Hughes Net is absolutely terrible. Completely inept installers, shoddy equipment, they cheat you on your data caps, and even their "bonus bytes" are still fucking metered. My direct neighbor had Hughes Net when I moved in here, and when he found out I was a tech guy, he asked me to look at his internet connection which hadn't worked for months. He had Hughes Net (and of course the problem was on their end, and they refused to fix it.)

It does beat dial-up, and it can provide service in areas where there's literally nothing else available, but those are the only two things it has going for it. In every other aspect it's worthless service.

The only thing I hope this may do is force AT&T and Verizon to up the caps on their LTE service to something usable. I would probably use AT&T's LTE if it came with a 200GB cap.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
13. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 31, 2015, 22:05 Creston

christheshitter wrote on Jan 31, 2015, 03:49:
And there's quite plenty here who get subsidized fiber connections. Taking an example some choose to lock in themselves to a singel fiber provider for a five year plan. Then they can pay $16 for 1000/1000Mbps. Some pay nothing and instead it's baked in the rent.

*Looks at his 756k/256k for $40 a month.*

Cry

News Comments > American Truck Simulator Video
16. Re: American Truck Simulator Video Jan 31, 2015, 16:03 Creston

Murdering a prostitute will be released later, in the Jeremy Clarkson DLC.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Turns Five
5. Re: Star Trek Online Turns Five Jan 31, 2015, 15:49 Creston

This is only five years old?? I would have sworn it would be fast approaching its tenth birthday.

12. Re: American Truck Simulator Video Jan 30, 2015, 18:17 Creston

Largely desert, then.

I want the plains, and the mountains, and the east coast, and the south, etc. I WANT THE WHOLE FREAKING USA, RIGHT NOW, PREFERABLY FOR $10!!!!!

24. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 30, 2015, 17:34 Creston

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 16:35:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 03:35:
I've been rocking 60/12 ever since I got that docsis 3 surfboard you guys recommended. Didn't realize such speeds were available to me without changing my contract, I had been sitting at 30/7 for years.

What is this magical modem you are referring to and does it work with any cable internet provider? Very interested in this magic bandwidth doubling technology.

I think he's referring to upgrading to a DOCSIS 3.0 capable modem from a DOCSIS 2.0 modem.

10. Re: American Truck Simulator Video Jan 30, 2015, 17:26 Creston

walrus1 wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 15:03:
however I remember the devs stating that initially ATS will be limited to California, Arizona and New Mexico.

Well that sucks. I mean, California looks great, but I want more than just the fucking desert to drive in.

I'll wait until they release all of the USA then, which judging by their European map's speed might not be until roughly 2020...

News Comments > SEGA Layoffs
1. Re: SEGA Layoffs Jan 30, 2015, 10:57 Creston

notes that SEGA is saying they will increase focus on PC

Hahahahahaha. Good one, Eurogamer.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2015, 10:56 Creston

Nope, it would have been hilarious just to hear the cries of asswallets like Peter King about how terrible it is to have to cover the Superbowl in such weather.

10. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 29, 2015, 22:45 Creston

I'm going to become a Tom Wheeler fan!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2015, 15:35 Creston

BobBob wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 14:29:
A bit cloudy today. It might rain. The weekend looks promising in the 70s.

http://tinyurl.com/qbseqrz

Thumbsup

How's that drought treating ya, buddy?

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2015, 10:47 Creston

That's the nice thing about living on my own land. My dogs can crap wherever they like.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 29, 2015, 10:37 Creston

Because Elon Musk is on the case, Bill!

Oh, he actually says that himself. I did like this part, though:

First the machines will do a lot of jobs for us and not be super intelligent. That should be positive if we manage it well. A few decades after that though, the intelligence is strong enough to be a concern. I agree with Elon Musk and some others on this and don't understand why some people are not concerned.

Well, because I'm more concerned with making sure I have enough money to pay all my bills and keep food on my table. And whether the place I work for is going to survive the current oil prices.

The idea whether AI is going to kill me three decades from now is not really high on my list of immediate things to worry about. I guess when you're a billionaire that is the only left to freak out about.

This comment was edited on Jan 29, 2015, 10:46.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Heroes of Might & Magic III – HD Edition
4. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Heroes of Might & Magic III – HD Edition Jan 29, 2015, 10:35 Creston

The game industry sees how much money Hollywood is making by just rehashing/rebooting old movies and is like "Hey! We can do that too!"

The Age Of The HD Remake.

News Comments > Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Tomorrow
12. Re: Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Tomorrow Jan 28, 2015, 23:53 Creston

This game made the unforgivable design decision to force you to focus on not one, but TWO different sets of QTEs at the same time, all while really cool shit was happening on screen—really cool shit that you never got to see, because you had to keep fucking around with the stupid QTEs. My wife, who watched me play it for awhile, said that especially the "escape from demons in the office area" was really cool to see. Me? Never saw a glimpse of it.

The story was actually cool, but holy shit was the game design behind it fucking terrible. Do yourself a favor, watch someone just play through this on Youtube. It'll be FAR less aggravating. Unless you happen to be one of those rare souls that likes QTEs (I imagine a few exist, after all, why else would devs keep putting fucking QTEs in games??), in which case this game will be your own personal nirvana.

News Comments > The Crew Street Edition Pack DLC
3. Re: The Crew Street Edition Pack DLC Jan 28, 2015, 11:03 Creston

Hehe, yeah. Everyone who knows Aston Martin and sees the Fusion for the first goes "Hey, an Aston!"

Then when you realize it's a Ford, it's just

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 28, 2015, 10:59 Creston

Of course not. Even shitty cops apparently can no longer do anything wrong. (Yes, I know he's no longer employed by the CHP, but that's probably solely and alone because he quit. I seriously doubt he'd have been fired.)

Steal shit, kill a guy, confiscate people's property because you think there's been a crime committed with it, it's all good. Bow to your government overlords.

25143 Comments. 1258 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo