Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 25730 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Announced
21. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 15, 2015, 17:46 Creston

Fion wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 17:32:
That said I'm tentatively intrigued. I'm wondering why all the armor, weapons and technology looks the same if this is supposed to be 'long after the events of Mass Effect'.

It's weird that they did that anyway, since they've always kept saying that it'd be set during or even before the time of Shepard, not after. Shepard picking Red, Green or Blue was the final end point of that galaxy.

My guess is that a single human ship was sent on a cryogenic voyage to Andromeda, to safeguard the human race from extinction at the hands of the Reapers. So this could be a million years later while they still have the same technology. (of course, this completely goes counter to their stated way of FTL technology, which requires discharging in a planet's atmosphere to prevent cooking the crew with radiation.)

Also are they just going to white wash the final events of ME3? How every intelligent species was basically stuck in earth space with absolutely no way to leave? Or how many systems were utterly destroyed with their relays blew up? It appeared that most of the galaxy basically blew the fuck up.

Nah, they'd already retconned that in the Extended Cut ending. (After trying their fucking hardest to pretend that they hadn't made "mass effect gate blows up means supernova in star system" part of their lore.)

While the gates are temporarily destroyed, in the Extended Cut endings you see the humans (or the Reapers, depending on your ending) repairing the gates.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Announced
16. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 15, 2015, 17:38 Creston

Chu Chu! I'm fucking DOWN for more Mass Effect!

1.5 years away though.

Also, this is a terrible trailer. Country music should never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever evereeervevrebvrebrebrebreraegreryg be used for a game trailer. EVER.

News Comments > Hololens Minecraft Announced
10. Re: Hololens Minecraft Announced Jun 15, 2015, 14:52 Creston

It sure looked impressive to me.

News Comments > Fallout 4 in November
82. Re: Fallout 4 in November Jun 15, 2015, 14:25 Creston

Verno wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 13:32:
Supposedly the Xbox One version will have mod support? Fucking weird. How will that even work? A simple NPC mod could bring the system to its knees.

Yeah, that would need to be very carefully culled to solely allow for mods that alter UI and things like that. Something like Mart's Monster Mod would make an Xbone not even power on.

80. Re: Fallout 4 in November Jun 15, 2015, 13:20 Creston

Darks wrote on Jun 14, 2015, 23:47:
Super Excited about this. That looks so awesome. And they were showing off the Xbox version of the game. so you can imaging how much nicer the PC version will look.

Sadly, Bethesda isn't really well known for releasing better looking PC versions of their stuff. It's always the same game across all platforms. :\

(Okay, at least they released a somewhat decent HD texture pack for Skyrim, so hopefully with the 8+ million PC sales of Skyrim, they've decided to put more than 0 cents of effort into their PC port.)

79. Re: Fallout 4 in November Jun 15, 2015, 13:13 Creston

Well, looks like my Xmas is set, between this and Just Cause 3.

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Announced
13. Re: Dishonored 2 Announced Jun 15, 2015, 12:56 Creston

I... eh... Drool

That looks amazing. I wonder if small parts in the video were actual gameplay footage. I hope so, because it looked great.

Very excited for this.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2015, 13:13.

News Comments > DOOM Next Spring
41. Re: DOOM Next Spring Jun 15, 2015, 12:44 Creston

I think Bethesda dropped the mic at E3, but I'm not very impressed with Doom 4. It does move nice and fast, and it at least seems as if there's a few more monsters at any one time than there were in Doom 3, but it still feels way too few.

The kill animations were amusing, and nicely over the top, and at least it seems as if they're optional, so that's cool. I got quite a chuckle out of the rocket imp tearing the marine's arms off and beating him to death with it. I thought it was cool to see chunks being shot off by monsters based on where they were hit (though I wish monsters would at least react to being hit all the time, not just at the death animation, as most of them had literally zero reaction to being shot.)

However, it still has that same terribly plastic feel that Doom 3 did, the levels are boring, the textures are of a very underwhelming quality, everything has gone back to shitty drab grey/brown in color, and once again the famed id "bullet sponge" gameplay is in plain effect. No monster other than a Hell Knight or higher should be able to take a double-shotgun blast directly to the face, much less TWO. The plasma rifle might as well have been spitting water for all the effect it had.

I'd love to be surprised by this and find out it's amazing, but these videos left me pretty underwhelmed.

News Comments > DOOM Snapmap Announced - Updated: New Trailer
17. Re: DOOM Snapmap Announced - Updated: New Trailer Jun 15, 2015, 12:41 Creston

edit: will repost in main doom thread.  

News Comments > Starbreeze Unveils VR Hardware
18. Re: Starbreeze Unveils VR Hardware Jun 15, 2015, 11:58 Creston

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 14, 2015, 18:09:
Weren't these the cats that were allegedly working on a Syndicate reboot?

Or did it turn out to be that crappy FPS thing?

Yes. And yes.

News Comments > Starbreeze Unveils VR Hardware
17. Re: Starbreeze Unveils VR Hardware Jun 15, 2015, 11:57 Creston

VR is the new MOBA.

News Comments > YouTube Gaming This Summer
18. Re: YouTube Gaming This Summer Jun 14, 2015, 00:38 Creston

Hopefully it won't suck as much ass as Vevo does.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2015, 12:42 Creston

Julio wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 12:18:
Is it really that hard to break a car window yourself? (he wasn't underwater or anything)

It never used to be. I once kicked in a car window (rear door) to open the car to save a dog that was trapped inside in the heat.

Modern windows are probably a little more sturdy than ones in the 80s, but even so, shit, nobody could find a fucking brick to toss through the window??

Queue another big-ass lawsuit heading GM's way.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
39. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 12, 2015, 12:31 Creston

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 08:45:
I find it very...unfun. Even taking over a camp sucks this time, as they put a TON of guys inside buildings where you can't see them until you get in, then they come out like an angry anthill. Stealth takeovers are super difficult because of this. That's just me, though. My coworkers found it tons of fun.

That's definitely you, dude. I take over probably 80 to 90% of all camps with the full undetected bonus. Just about the only ones that I usually fail to do so are the ones with Hunters in them. (I still manage if I game the silly AI, but most times I just don't bother and go raaaarrggh.)

News Comments > etc.
1. Also known as: Jun 12, 2015, 11:09 Creston

Companies raise prices on their products in advance of any sale ever held. Ever.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced
38. Re: Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced Jun 12, 2015, 00:37 Creston

First Facebook, now Microsoft. Coming soon, Oculus will announce a partnership with Mountain Dew and Doritos, The Official Drink And Snack Of Oculus Rift! Chug Some GamerFuel In VR!

saying an Xbox One controller will be included with every Rift.

Awesome. If there's one thing Microsoft has learned well, it's that everyone just fucking LOVES IT if you include needless peripherals in packages that do nothing except jack up the price!

32. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2015, 11:59 Creston

1badmf wrote on Jun 10, 2015, 18:10:
also, fuck the giants. good god, they keep finding ways to luck into wins way above their talent level and it's really fucking annoying, especially listening to their holier than thou fans.

Luck? They've won 3 of the last 5 world series. All through luck? They have by far the best farm system for pitchers. Luck?

Come on. My team's been on the receiving end of some gruelling losses against the Giants, and some of them have been lucky/unlucky and vice versa, but you're not consistently this good with just luck. This is what a team does when it has great, great, great pitching.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 11, 2015, 11:19 Creston

Collision avoidance technology DOESN'T WORK PROPERLY YET (consistently). Stop trying to cram it into every car to hide the fact that the average american driver pays ZERO FUCKING ATTENTION to the actual act of driving.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Teased
17. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Teased Jun 11, 2015, 11:15 Creston

Shadow Warrior 2013 is actually a very fun shooter. On sale for 90% off, it's a no-brainer of a purchase for anyone that even remotely likes shooters.

Go buy it.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2015, 11:10 Creston

He was 93?? Holy crap on a cracker. I thought he was like 65 or something.

Thanks for all the great roles, Mr. Lee!

25730 Comments. 1287 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo