Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 23466 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > BioWare Announces Shadow Realms
25. Re: BioWare Announces Shadow Realms Aug 13, 2014, 14:13 Creston

nin wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 13:34:
Creston wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 13:32:
UHD wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 12:51:
Oh I didn't realize Bioware is terrible now, sorry. I'll update the spreadsheet.

Hahahahaha. Bravo.

Considering the original Dragon Age was last decent thing they've done...it's not like it's a secret.

You're too young to be this grumpy.

Mass Effect 3 was a great game with a bad ending, which they eventually fixed (twice.)

DA2 was terribly mediocre and a direct result of EA forcing shit out the door in 18 months, which does not appear to be an issue with DA3.

So it's a little rough to kick Bioware to the curb for having one bad, publisher-fucked, game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
7. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Aug 13, 2014, 13:41 Creston

Watter wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 13:21:
So, not a troll, really, but why are folks excited about this? I hear a lot of folks saying they're looking forward to it, which is surprising given the general attitude of Bluesnews'ers after a game in series is as disappointing as DA2 was. What is it that seems to be making people optimistic? Are there gameplay vids out there that I missed that are blowing people away. Surely it's not CGI-fests like the trailer above that are raising hopes.

DA2 was mediocre, but it was also rushed out the door by mandate of EA with just 18 months of development time. This has now been in development for more than 3 years, and they just delayed it another 6 weeks to do extra polish, so that in itself would mitigate the short development time isue.

The story in DA2 was actually pretty good. The Qu'nari, the mages and templars finally exploding into all out war, cool companions, etc. It's just the combat sucked ass, and mostly because of the spawns issue, which they had already pretty much addressed in the DLC/expansion. I've played through DA2 twice (if you just turn the combat to normal or easy, so you can blast through it in 20 or 30 seconds, and then switch it back to hard or nightmare for the boss encounters, you don't get too bored with it, at least imo) and actually quite enjoyed myself the second time.

Inquisition is set in both Orlais and Ferelden, and there is a ton of cool lore about Orlais, and it just seems to be an intriguing place to visit. Also, Morrigan is back and plays a major role, Leliana is back and plays a big role, etc. It seems to tie in pretty well with Origins.

Finally, I've seen gameplay videos of the open world (ish) areas, which are pleasantly huge and you can travel through them free-form (rather than maps that are made up of 4 corridors, a la DA2), the intention is that you circulate through the maps rather than go to one, finish it, then never come back (whether it works out that way... who knows), and they've said they've developed areas that are basically so high level / difficult that they're designed to be visited after you've finished the storyline.

Oh, and the engine looks bloody gorgeous.

So that, combined with the fact that I'm still a pretty big Bioware fan (DA2 was a misstep, which they've admitted, and they actually fixed all ME3's problems to my satisfaction), means I'm giving the benefit of the doubt. I'm not preordering (unless they do a preload...) but if I hear good things on day 1 or 2, I'll undoubtedly pick it up.

22. Re: BioWare Announces Shadow Realms Aug 13, 2014, 13:32 Creston

UHD wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 12:51:
Oh I didn't realize Bioware is terrible now, sorry. I'll update the spreadsheet.

Hahahahaha. Bravo.

News Comments > Obsidian's Pathfinder License
3. Re: Obsidian's Pathfinder License Aug 13, 2014, 13:31 Creston

Never heard of pathfinder, but I hope their CCG does well so they'll make a cool RPG with it.  

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox-clusivity "Has a Duration"
2. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox-clusivity Aug 13, 2014, 13:30 Creston

I'll look forward to buying it for 2.50 on a Steam sale somewhere in 2016 then.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
3. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Aug 13, 2014, 11:52 Creston

But will it be this kind of Inquisition?

All kidding aside, I'm pretty fucking excited for this.

17. Re: BioWare Announces Shadow Realms Aug 13, 2014, 11:46 Creston

I like the idea of 4v1, but the episodic thing... Other than Telltale, nobody seems to be able to make it work.

Is there any info on any of those links as to how the combat plays out? real time, turn based, FPS?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
12. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 12, 2014, 23:31 Creston

Beamer wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 23:01:
Let's assume that TR sold 4 million copies and Square made 10 million per copy.

HOLY SHIT!

*starts making games*

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
4. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Aug 12, 2014, 23:29 Creston

dumpy wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 18:58:
"Inernet connection is required."

Wuh?

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer
2. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Aug 12, 2014, 23:28 Creston

Trailer... eh.

Piano track ... freaking incredible.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Trailers
11. Re: Far Cry 4 Trailers Aug 12, 2014, 23:27 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 18:47:
Creston wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 18:21:
Gotta say, it's looking pretty awesome.

So was Far Cry 3. Remember jumping off the cliff, the underwater life, the shadows on the wall. Then Remember how NONE of that is in the actual game?

Not really, but I really liked Far Cry 3, so I do have good hopes for 4.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 12, 2014, 18:24 Creston

Well, Ballmer can't be any worse than Donald Sterling, that's for sure.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Trailers
1. Re: Far Cry 4 Trailers Aug 12, 2014, 18:21 Creston

Gotta say, it's looking pretty awesome.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Multiplayer Details; Video
14. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Multiplayer Details; Video Aug 12, 2014, 15:11 Creston

There is so much auto-aim going on in this video, it's fucking ridiculous. Apparently as long as your crosshair is within several FEET of something, it'll hit.

If they took the auto-aim out of the CoD series, all MP matches would end with one guy with 2 kills, and the rest with fucking zero.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Risen 3: Titan Lords
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Risen 3: Titan Lords Aug 12, 2014, 14:07 Creston

Nah it doesn't look that bad. It's definitely not bland.

But it does scream "LAST GEN CONSOLE GAME" and it's visually not even up to par with Skyrim.

So far I've really disliked the Risen games, so I doubt I'll be picking this up.

News Comments > System Shock 2 Turns 15
22. Re: System Shock 2 Turns 15 Aug 12, 2014, 11:46 Creston

Thanks for making everyone feel old, Blue!

SS2 was an awesome game, but not as fantastic as the original. I wish someone would just remake the original with updated graphics and that runs on a modern OS. I'd kickstart that for 60 bucks.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 12, 2014, 11:44 Creston

Diablo 3 on consoles:

I guess the PS4 tries to emulate the PC experience, where you get lag because of the stupid always-online requirement.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2014, 11:35 Creston

Very sad news about Robin Williams.  

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs
18. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 12, 2014, 11:31 Creston

siapnar wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 10:18:
Verno wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 10:05:
This is going to be ugly.
I'm guessing the inevitable shitstorm will cause them to reconsider the exclusivity

I'm fairly certain Microsoft just coughed up 50 million bucks or something stupid like that, and for that much money you can ride out a shitstorm for a really, REALLY long time.

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs
17. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 12, 2014, 11:30 Creston

This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC

Yeah, it actually does mean that. In any case, since you guys were heavily disappointed when the original sold "only" 6 million copies, it'll be extremely amusing to watch you sell not even half that for the next one and yet declare it an extreme success.

Also, have fun coding solely for the most underpowered piece of shit "current-gen" console currently available.

23466 Comments. 1174 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo