Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 24791 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Dying Light Interactive Trailer
11. Re: Dying Light Interactive Trailer Dec 18, 2014, 13:09 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 19:10:
one could argue they ripped off Dead Island and added some fluff

It's the same guys that made Dead Island. How are they ripping off their own game?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dying Light Interactive Trailer
1. Re: Dying Light Interactive Trailer Dec 17, 2014, 18:47 Creston

that was actually pretty cool.  

News Comments > Kerbal Space Program Enters Beta
11. Re: Kerbal Space Program Enters Beta Dec 17, 2014, 13:55 Creston

Bundy wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 14:05:
First time you manage to land on the minmus (smaller moon), and successfully get your crew back to kerbal is a great feeling. You actually feel like you just accomplished something historic.

My last achievement in Kerbal was to (admittedly deliberately) strand three Kerbals on the mun, then I sent a rescue mission to go get them, and it succeeded. It was pretty damn awesome.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Spicy Food article Dec 17, 2014, 13:42 Creston

Itís easy to see why people avoid spicy foods. Theyíre uncomfortable, even painful to eat. Why would someone put themselves through such a thing? Food is meant to be enjoyed; the flavors should be savored on our tongues. You canít do that with spicy food unless you purposely want to harm the inside of your mouth.

This is so much horseshit, I don't even know where to begin.

- I'd guess 99% of all people have never eaten properly spicy food. And I'm not referring to extremely hot stuff as if that somehow lends validity to it, I mean actual spicy food that is made with actual spices rather than the common "spicy" shit like (for example) Louisiana Hot Sauce that has zero spice in it, and is instead just a bottle of liquid SALT. Most of the cheap, shitty hot stuff is just salt and a little bit of capsaicin to hurt your taste buds. It's a similar complaint to people saying that all pizza tastes like shit when they've never eaten anything except Little Caesar's. Or that all burgers are terrible if they only ever go McDonalds.

- Even if you use proper things to spice your food up with, you do obviously have to take it easy at first. If all you're used to is black pepper, don't be a hero and pop a fresh jalapeno in your mouth, because all you're going to feel is pain. However, once you are used to it, hot peppers and other properly spicy stuff have an incredible amount of flavor to them.

I've recently upgraded from putting Jalapenos in and on stuff to Habaneros, and the taste is delicious. Habaneros are far better tasting than Jalapenos; the heat is sweeter and has a smokier aroma to it, and it's a fuller taste than Jalapenos (which are, to be honest, really kind of bland tasting.) It's kind of the same with bell peppers, too. The red ones taste far better than the green ones.

I've actually tried a Ghost Pepper sauce (a buddy of mine eats it often on pizza, and I asked to try a slice), and while I readily admit that it was brutally hot to the point where I had to ask the waitress for multiple glasses of milk, the flavor was incredible. I was expecting it to just be pain, and instead there was a shitload of actual flavor to accompany the heat.

tl;dr There is nothing wrong with spicy food, and it doesn't just get eaten because "HURRR IT MAKES YOU LOOK TOUGH DURRRR!" Once you are used to it, and eat actual spicy food from actual spicy peppers, rather than the cheap "Salt and capsaicin" shit, the flavors are delicious and really add tremendously to a meal. I can't imagine eating grilled chicken without some delicious habanero sauce anymore.

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
64. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 13:15 Creston

Prez wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 12:27:
Quality shouldn't matter. If it is a game and you believe that games deserve protections equal to books or movies then that should be the end of it. To those attacking gaming Doom didn't add anything to society in general, so it ought not exist. They will focus on the violence and only the violence. No game could justify its existence in the eyes of critics of gaming violence. They don't concern themselves with such nuance as context and the like. There are a lot of asshiole developers; the point is that they are part of gaming ust like everyone else.

I agree with your point, but it's a very Utopian ideal. The reality of our current society is that large groups of people, including our shit-for-brains 'representatives' are looking for anything to nail gaming-as-a-whole to a crucifix with.

I don't agree with that mentality, but it is sadly a fact. And while I gladly defend my favorite hobby over a game like GTA, which has a lot of other things to it other than just the senseless violence, I'd be a lot harder pressed to make a decent defense of a game like this.

And sure, if someone says "Gaming is retarded. Look at this game. This is what we need as a society?" you can pull the "Hey, idiots are free to make whatever they want" card and drop the mike, but it doesn't really feel as if you really won that argument, does it?

Again, I have no problem with them making it. No actual living beings are harmed in this game, and it deserves First Amendment protection. But I actually do wish they wouldn't make it. Or at least that they weren't so fucking effectively "LOOK AT EVERYONE TRYING TO REPRESS OUR GAME!" embracing the negative publicity surrounding it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Derby the Dog Dec 17, 2014, 12:40 Creston

Holy crap, did it get really dusty in here all of a sudden, or is someone cutting 500 onions?

Cry

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 17, 2014, 12:34 Creston

Amazon replied in the comments of that post:

After querying this with Amazon I had the following response;

ďIím really sorry to hear that the seller PremiumBrands-4-Less has been contacting you regarding returning the delivered item. We certainly didnít expect this to happen.

We at Amazon.co.uk take pride in our customer service standards and believe that customers who purchase from the Marketplace should be treated with the same degree of service as a customer whoís purchased directly from us. Even though your purchase was made from a Seller, we realise that it may influence your decision to visit our website again.

Iíve forwarded your message to our team who review Seller activities as part of any investigation in possible violations of our policies.

Further, Please understand that the payments for these orders are through Amazon and there is no need to return the item which you have received.

I assure that we will not be charging you any extra charge other than the one you paid for the items.

Once again please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience that have caused you and hope you will give us another chance to prove our excellence.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.Ē

I can honestly see it both ways. I understand that the seller is looking at losing a hundred grand of inventory for a hundred bucks, and it'll likely put them out of business. On the flipside, threatening your customers with referral to Experian and being put on a mail order blacklist (I don't think such a thing exists, but if it does, then holy shit) is fucking contemptible.

I would hope people would just do the right thing and return stuff they got unjustly. Also, I hope Amazon puts shit in place to make sure this kind of stupidity doesn't happen in the future.

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Free & Paid DLC
8. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Free & Paid DLC Dec 17, 2014, 12:27 Creston

LurkerLito wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 10:45:
Agreed nothing there is appealing, I got some of that Flame weapons as part of the preorder and they are useless tier 2 schematics.

You eventually also get Tier 3 schematics, though you have to return to the chest in Skyhold for it to get them.

The Tier 3 stuff is okay, I definitely used it when I got them, but you do indeed outclass them.

I find it more annoying that ONLY your character can use them...

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Free & Paid DLC
7. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Free & Paid DLC Dec 17, 2014, 12:25 Creston

Unless you really like DA:I's sound track (which I admit has some pretty damn awesome tracks on it, but it's very, VERY samey), don't bother getting the deluxe edition. It's just not worth it. The Halla looks stupid, as does the bog Unicorn. The throne is okay, but the inquisitor's model doesn't really fit well on it, and the weapons/armor are pretty decent and you will use them in your playthroughs, but only for a short while as you pretty quickly find better stuff.

So that really only leaves the sound track. It's 30 tracks, and I have five of them on my phone because they're excellent, but whether that's worth 10 bucks is debatable. YMMV.

53. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 12:20 Creston

Beamer wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 12:18:
Creston wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 12:16:

That said, this will be the new pissing boy for everyone with an axe to bear against gaming in general.

Which is really the primary (only?) argument I've had against this game. The value it adds isn't worth the shitstorm it'll bring. Which doesn't mean I don't think the devs should be allowed to make it, it just means I think they're a bunch of assholes ruining everything for everyone else without really adding anything meaningful or interesting. At least the prior whipping boys like MK and GTA did that.

Yep, exactly.

49. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 12:16 Creston

Eh, Steam has the right to sell or not sell whatever it chooses, but I think it's fine to let the game through. It makes no sense to not sell this, but do sell Postal and Manhunt and others in a similar vein.

That said, this will be the new pissing boy for everyone with an axe to bear against gaming in general.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Patch This Week; Patch Notes
3. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Patch This Week; Patch Notes Dec 16, 2014, 22:17 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 19:38:
Wow did you guys see the size of that thing!? (ahahahah twss)

6.7GB, holy shit. Then again, since this is the patch where they gimp the entire map, after having already gimped the lighting system, it makes sense that it'd be so big.

For those who played it in the first week, remember how it looked. You likely won't see it look that way again.

News Comments > GTA Online Heists Early Next Year; Trailer
4. Re: GTA Online Heists Early Next Year; Trailer Dec 16, 2014, 22:15 Creston

"They're coming soon!"

Yeah. Uh-huh.

News Comments > Another Shadowrun Kickstarter Next Month
10. Re: Another Shadowrun Kickstarter Next Month Dec 16, 2014, 21:46 Creston

walrus1 wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 19:53:
tskiller wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 19:44:
Umm, why do they need another kickstarter? Didn't they make any money from the first game?
Yep, I wondered this too. I guess horkers and blow ain't cheap/

It always cost quite a few septims to buy a horker in Winterhold...

News Comments > Another Shadowrun Kickstarter Next Month
9. Re: Another Shadowrun Kickstarter Next Month Dec 16, 2014, 21:45 Creston

I'll be in for 50. I thought the original was fun, that Dragonfall was fantastic, and the Dragonfall Director's Cut was incredible. More Shadowrun? Yes, please.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. DRM screws everybody Dec 16, 2014, 13:25 Creston

fixed.  

News Comments > Ciri Confirmed for The Witcher 3
9. Re: Ciri Confirmed for The Witcher 3 Dec 16, 2014, 13:23 Creston

introducing another character and telling parts of the story from her perspective would greatly benefit the overall experience

If the character changes are mandatory, usually it does the exact opposite. It just makes people irritated that they have to go from one character with skills X, Y, Z to a new one with skills A, B, C, different items, etc.

So please, for the love of God, make this an OPTIONAL feature. I've played 150 hours as Geralt. I want to finish the story as Geralt, not as an ashen-haired girl from an ancient prophecy.

Edit: Holy shit, spelling hard.

This comment was edited on Dec 16, 2014, 13:36.

News Comments > Kerbal Space Program Enters Beta
6. Re: Kerbal Space Program Enters Beta Dec 16, 2014, 13:20 Creston

Woohooo, feature complete! Been waiting for that.  

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
45. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 13:15 Creston

Congrats on release, Braben & co! Sad that you chose to go the online only way, but oh well. Hope the game does well.

24791 Comments. 1240 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo