Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 24246 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS
57. Re: Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS Nov 7, 2014, 12:26 Creston

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 10:02:
Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 15:56:
You got both?? Holy shit. What card did you buy? (I know, GTX970, but what manufacturer?)
There was a deal with Overclockers.co.uk and you get a free code with any GTX 970 or GTX 980, as part of an nVidia promotion. I ordered two of the GALAX GeForce GTX 970 EX OC, which are factory overclocked - that entitled me to two free games, for which I chose Far Cry 4 and Assassin's Creed: Unity.

I'm really happy as when I originally ordered they weren't included - the deal only launched about a week later. Anyway, I phoned up and they sent them out without any hassle. Excellent customer service.

Yeah I thought you'd gotten two games when you bought one card. I never saw you said cards plural.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 7, 2014, 12:24 Creston

BitWraith wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 09:22:
I have to ask why anyone out there would want to listen to random American's conversations. What good is the data? Would anyone really want to listen to Cutter's home life (assuming he has someone to communicate with?). Does the NSA really need to know what's going on with Grandma?

Given the state of the last election, I seriously doubt there are any hard-hitting political conversations going on out there.

Why would the NSA want to read everyone's SMS messages? You'd think there's only so much

OMG LIEK 4 REL?LOLZZZLL!!!
I KNW RT???! SO LAME!!

any living organism could put up with. They still grab all of them. They grab all Skype traffic too. And emails. And fucking Facebook posts. FACEBOOK POSTS! The absolute epitomy of verbal diarrhea, but they grab all of it. etc etc etc. Why do you think they wouldn't grab this?

News Comments > Ubisoft vs. Steam?
34. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 12:19 Creston

Kajetan wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 11:44:
No. You don't

I use Steam, because its a matured and stable and convenient client. For several years now and not just recent. Yes, i have an Origin and Uplay account with a handfull games combined, but only to experience them for myself. If EA and Ubisoft decide to make some games exclusive to their own platforms, i simply do not buy them. I was surprised how easy this decision was. I dont have the feeling i am missing something. And seeing more and more EA games coming back to Steam ... well, i can wait. And if not, then the world doesnt end. EA and Ubi have NOTHING i want so desperate that i buy games with their clients.

Which is fine, obviously this will differ for every person. I ignore all EA games except Bioware, but Ubisoft makes pretty awesome games (or rather, they make a pretty awesome game in five different coats each year, since it's just the same game they make over and over again), and I WANT to play them.

And what about games from other publishers? Would you ignore those too? WB will have their own client next year, and it's a safe bet their games will vanish from Steam once they have an X amount of people on their service. More publishers will follow.

I guess if you only ever want to play Valve games, you can just have Steam. For that one game they release every four years.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $60M
44. Re: Star Citizen at $60M Nov 7, 2014, 11:57 Creston

Verno wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 08:34:
I wonder what would happen if you ran a diff on these Star Citizen threads

Limited slip?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: The $9 Billion Witness: Meet JPMorgan Chase's Worst Nightmare Nov 7, 2014, 11:55 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 11:24:
Oh and if we want to be petty and shallow, who was president then? What admin in control then? Since everyone loves to play that game.

You are aware that all the post-2008 petting of the banks and not actually bringing a single fucking criminal suit against ANY of their executives all happened under Obama's watch, right? And he signed off on Holden BURYING every single shred of evidence?

26. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 11:35 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 11:30:
You really have to put yourself in their shoes. If Steam was all that, they should have invited these companies in as a consortium, a coop. That can still happen if they wanted to. This imo all goes back to MS fucking up and not seeing this on the PC level and having an open marketplace for all.

I don't blame Ubisoft for doing it, it makes perfect sense for them.

However, the Uplay client is a terrible piece of shit for me personally, because I can't download a game at work, then just back it up and port it to my home computer and play there. I HAVE to download it on the PC it will be played it. Which means 5 fucking days of downloading.

Eh, all it ensures is that from now on I'm buying their games when they're 5 bucks on Amazon.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Road Rage Nov 7, 2014, 11:32 Creston

Well, send that video to someone who can sharpen it up a bit, get the license plate, and have that piece of shit arrested for attempted murder.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 7, 2014, 11:22 Creston

NKD wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 10:14:
A definitive version of the ME trilogy would be nice. All the DLCs included, maybe a few graphical updates for ME1. Looks like they aren't planning on making huge gameplay changes, so the gameplay of ME1 would stay intact for example.

A re-release with all DLC would be pretty awesome, and if sold for say 50 or 60 bucks would be just absurd value.

And this list the guy offers seems pretty damn sweet. I'd probably buy a new console for that:

- 1080p

- 60 fps

- High res textures, especially on ME1

- Some shader improvements commensurate with newer GPUs

- All the DLC

- "Seamless experience" - the adventures flow into each other without having to go back to save import, menu screens, etc.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Microtransaction Follow-up
4. Re: Just Cause 3 Microtransaction Follow-up Nov 7, 2014, 11:20 Creston

NKD wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 09:52:
Way to not clarify anything dude. Jesus this is why companies are forced to have PR teams. Game developers have zero ability to keep it simple.

It's funny because I was going to say "Way to parrot your fucking PR guy there, Sundberg."

19. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 11:06 Creston

Kajetan wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 09:44:
Darks wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 09:41:
I see Ubi still hasn't learned their lesson.
They have. People had enough of being forced to use Steam AND Uplay, so they listened to customer wishes and removed Steam

Yeah, I was wondering when they'd take the jump.

It sucks, because there is zero fucking portability with Uplay, but it means a lot more money in their pocket. EA hasn't suffered under not being on Steam, so expect to see this more and more. Yay.

I guess anti-Steam people will get their wish, Steam will no longer be the dominant platform. Instead you'll have 30 different fucking clients (and 30 accounts that can be hacked...)

News Comments > Into the Black
16. Re: Into the Black Nov 7, 2014, 00:49 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 21:39:
"The Force Awakens?" Haha, c'mon guys. What's the real name of the new Star Wars movie.

If it had an Honest Name, it'd be "Star Wars: Because You Can't Fucking Resist! "

(Yes, the smiley would be in the name)

15. Re: Into the Black Nov 7, 2014, 00:48 Creston

nin wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 21:07:
Wolfox wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 20:45:
Say what you want, but anything would be better than "The Gungan Jedi Master".

Or who knows, that might be the subtitle for Episode IX. Less likely than under George Lucas, but still not too unlikely.

I fucking dare JJ to slip in a line about the destruction of the planet of naboo and watch the crowd cheer.

But... All the hot naboo girls??

14. Re: Into the Black Nov 7, 2014, 00:47 Creston

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 21:44:
NKD wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 19:15:
I trust Disney with Star Wars a lot more than I trusted George Lucas, the fucking diva.

Oh no question this will be better than the 3 prequels. It's just the name...sucks. Jar Jar hard.

It's not like "A New Hope" set any hearts aflutter...

News Comments > Star Citizen at $60M
33. Re: Star Citizen at $60M Nov 7, 2014, 00:43 Creston

Killcrit wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 23:24:
well now i know, its wing commander 2015...

I hope you're right. It seems more and more like it'll be Wing Commander 2042...

51. Re: Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS Nov 7, 2014, 00:41 Creston

harlock wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 23:04:
im still waiting for the 8GB versions of the 970 before i buy... i heard they are right around the corner... shit needs to get here im fucking ready

Would they do 8GB versions of the 970? Typically they go for the top memory number in their most powerful card, so I'd expect an 8GB 980 and a 6GB 970?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 6, 2014, 21:27 Creston

Like where to buy beaded backrests

THAS RAYCESS!!!!

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 6, 2014, 21:25 Creston

Redmask wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 16:48:
The NSA is probably slapping each other on the back over this one too.

So, so true.

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Evening Previews Nov 6, 2014, 21:15 Creston

I think it is good they fight piracy, but Denuvo is very hard DRM and some people can have crashes or another issues like in Lords of the Fallen.

Fantastic. Apparently selling 40 million copies wasn't enough that they felt they could just use Steamworks and not fuck PC players over? From Denuvo's website: Denuvo Anti-tamper and SecuROM can be ordered through our close partnership with Sony DADC.

Sony DADC? Oh, we remember that one. The fun rootkit one that NEVER uninstalled.

Source:

Interestingly enough, Lords of the Fallen players are reporting plenty of in-game bugs in addition to instability and crashes that are largely attributed to the new DRM system. Developer CI Games is currently working on a patch that should thwart all those problems.

**IF** true, I've gone from terribly excited to "whatever, the Witcher 3 will be out a few weeks later. Choke on your fucking DRM."

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 2014, 21:23.

41. Re: Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS Nov 6, 2014, 16:22 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 16:03:
Kosumo wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 16:00:
Last I seen, they wanted USD$75 for this on steam. Wtf What is the price for those in the US of A?
I know you shouldn't have to do this but can you VPN your way to the US steam web page in your browser and buy it for the regular price?
I mean would your Steam account be flagged for such a thing?

Yes, they will. Don't risk it, unless you do it with a completely new account and are willing to lose 50 bucks.

They're lenient on the VPN early unlock thing (so far), but they come down like a bag of hammers on that particular functionality of VPN (since if they let it slide, everyone would just VPN buy all their games from Steam Russia.)

40. Re: Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS Nov 6, 2014, 16:20 Creston

Verno wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 16:01:
Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 15:56:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 15:14:
Can't wait for this. I got a free copy of Far Cry 4 and Assassin's Creed: Unity with my new graphics cards (GTX 970s) and they should be a good test of my rig.

You got both?? Holy shit. What card did you buy? (I know, GTX970, but what manufacturer?)

Nvidia pick your path promotion is going on right now. If you bought a card before the beginning date (Nov 4) then you can contact your retailer and try your luck. Newegg honored my request and gave me a code. If you ordered 2 cards you can probably get 2 codes.

Oh, duh, I didn't realize he said cardS as in plural. Thanks for the linkies anyway.

24246 Comments. 1213 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo