Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 23769 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2014, 14:50 Creston

nin wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 13:56:
Man Rescues Baby Fox From Tin Can. Fox Says Thank You.

Those eyes!

CUTE OVERLOOOAAAAADDDDDDD.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

General Discussion > NFL Week Two
13. Dammit Sep 16, 2014, 12:48 Creston

Memo to underdogs: STOP FUCKING WINNING EVERYTHING.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2014, 12:47 Creston

Efflixi wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 09:14:
the rest of the matchups, i simply picked the underdog. How the hell do I get to be rank #2?

Because it's been an absolutely ridiculous two weeks with regards to underdogs winning.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
12. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 16, 2014, 12:37 Creston

I wish we could start preparing for life after Michael FUCKING PACHTER.

COCKBUCKET

News Comments > Minimum Launches
8. Re: Minimum Launches Sep 16, 2014, 12:35 Creston

Beamer wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 19:05:
That trailer makes it look like you stand still fighting around two non-moving Rock'm Sock'm Robots in a world designed to crumble the same way every time.

Which is probably unfair, but it's what the trailer shows.

It's the dipshits who raped the Atari name, so likely this had roughly 12 minutes of effort put into it, and it's just shoveled out there to try to make a quick buck.

News Comments > On Sale
16. Re: On Sale Sep 16, 2014, 12:04 Creston

nin wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 03:34:
J wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 03:15:
I was thinking of getting Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut, but the reviews for it suggest that it was based on an earlier build, therefore has bugs, graphical glitches, fps drops, etc. and that it's not been fixed. If I'm wrong, please leave a message after the beep.

Beep.

I'm not sure they ever fixed all the issues with it. The steam forums might know...or they might talk out their asses. It's a 50/50 shot there.

Once I heard they removed the yellow haze, I kind of lost interest. That was part of the art style that gave it such a distinctive look, originally...

They didn't completely remove it, but they did tone it down. I rather liked the original haze too, no idea why they removed so much of it.

And yes, there are bugs in the Director's cut that were patched in the original, and that as far as I know have never been re-fixed. The only one I ran into was solved with a simple .ini edit, but YMMV.

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 2014, 12:32.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 16, 2014, 12:02 Creston

I give this article five dismissive downvotes wanks, despite not having read it.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 16, 2014, 12:01 Creston

Dipshits.

Amazon has every right to refuse to sell consumer goods in response to a pricing disagreement with a wholesaler. We all appreciate discounted razor blades and cheaper shoes. But books are not consumer goods.

"It's a fine tactic for every product, except ours! Ours has to be sold for way higher prices, because, well, it's ours!"

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Elephants Trailer
26. Re: Far Cry 4 Elephants Trailer Sep 16, 2014, 11:58 Creston

vacs wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 07:32:
No question, this is going to be an immensely fun game, can't wait for it, but... has this anything in common story- or character-wise with FarCry (1)?

They are just using the name to get attraction as it seems.

No, it has nothing to do with Far Cry 1. Once FC2 was in development, they said they felt that the "Far" Cry referred to the setting, rather than the story/protagonists.

So whenever they make an open world game (I know the first FC wasn't really open world) in an exotic setting, they basically feel it deserves the name Far Cry.

I don't really care what they call it, it looks effing awesome.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Elephants Trailer
25. Re: Far Cry 4 Elephants Trailer Sep 16, 2014, 11:55 Creston

Dammit Ubi, stop drawing me in with your incredibly cool/fun looking games!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2014, 11:51 Creston

Shineyguy wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 11:23:
Star Trek is my guess. However that would need a global change and coming together, which just isn't possible at this time.

More than that, it would require an invention (likely actual nanotechnology) that will provide unlimited food, clothes, energy and other basic needs for free. Without it, there's no way to discard a system of barter/trade, and money is simply a standardization of a barter/trade system.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 16, 2014, 11:48 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 09:12:
Looking forward to check out the Forza Horizon 2 demo tonight.

Why oh why oh why is it only for the bone...

News Comments > PC GTA5 in January
85. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 16, 2014, 11:47 Creston

Yosemite Sam wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 15:22:
Ya I jumped ship a long time ago because nobody from Blues plays the game, but thanks for the promotion. I haven't quit the crew but my primary crew isn't Blues anymore. I hooked up with a larger, active, adult only, invite only crew that has a lot of people playing. We do tons of stuff like our own events, time trails and other stuff. I do my own 'biker' event where we all dress up the part and ride our hogs on LS wrecking havoc. The game has grown quite a lot since we all played back in October... and ya I play the hell out of it. I get in the odd other game here and there but always go back to GTA, love playing in the sandbox.

As I say in my sig, if anyone here wants to get back into the game and you don't want to play in the pubs give me a shout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVfZw6ZNmOw

I'll definitely go back to being online once the PC version is out.

News Comments > Op Ed
49. Re: So why do publishers keep doing it? Sep 16, 2014, 11:44 Creston

Cutter wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 17:51:
You once thought you were wrong but it turns out you were mistaken.
Toff

*mind splodes*

News Comments > Op Ed
48. Re: So why do publishers keep doing it? Sep 16, 2014, 11:43 Creston

mag wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 16:55:
Gen X is ~1960 to ~1980. The youngest Gen Xers were 18 in 1998. Millenials are ~1980 to 2000. The oldest Millenials are in their thirties now.

Oh, okay, I thought Gen-X was the late 80s to 2000s. My bad.

In that case, then yes, most of the Blues regulars are probably Gen-X'ers.

News Comments > Op Ed
28. Re: So why do publishers keep doing it? Sep 15, 2014, 16:36 Creston

UHD wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 16:04:
so which is it?

I am always right. Cutter isn't. This is an important detail to remember.

Not that it really matters, at this point it's personal curiosity, but to be honest it's more interesting than gamergate.

True.

Cutter is probably consider a larger group of regulars than I am. Most of the guys who have been here the longest are pre Gen X, but then again, since Blue was formed in... what... 1998? they would have to be, since I doubt many five year olds were posting here when it first started.

News Comments > Op Ed
27. Re: So why do publishers keep doing it? Sep 15, 2014, 16:33 Creston

Beamer wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 15:55:
There's no industry where customers hate the workers so much, either.

Hmm, I'd doubt that. How much love do you think the car industry is getting these days, especially the likes of GM with its 30+ million recalls in 2014? I doubt people are singing their praises, but at least GM doesn't publish articles entitled "ALL MY FUCKING CUSTOMERS ARE PIECES OF SHIT!"

Again, Notch actually cites in his "Why I am Leaving Minecraft" letter the hate that he got on Twitter for something that didn't even happen.

Notch can do whatever he wants to do. The guy made out like the biggest fucking bandit ever, so good for him, but I wonder why all these delicate snowflakes hang out on the social media equivalent of the bottom of the cesspool if they get upset over what's being put on it.

Hint, Twitter Users: You don't have to use it. It's not mandatory. Your life will remain literally exactly the same if you just stop using it.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 15, 2014, 15:12 Creston

Well, I dunno, I'd say that the console that is outselling the other one by roughly 3 to 1 is probably winning the console war.

But, it's ArsTechnica, so as usual, they have their tongue roughly 17 feet deep in Microsoft's asshole.

I still don't really see a compelling reason to buy either one. I briefly considered the Diablo 3 pack for the PS4, but eh.

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Sep 15, 2014, 15:05 Creston

UHD wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 13:06:
Since when is "millennial" a swear word? Do you even know what generation that word refers to? Betting most if not all of you spitting it out like tobacco are millennials yourselves.

I think you'll find most of the Blues regulars are pre Gen-Xers. (ie, from a generation before we started feeling the need to fucking label generations.)

News Comments > Op Ed
20. So why do publishers keep doing it? Sep 15, 2014, 15:00 Creston

Because FUCK YOU, that's why.

Seriously, how does anyone not understand this fairly simple concept yet? There is no industry which hates its customers more than the games industry, unless being a crackwhore can be called an industry.

You are a wallet to a games publisher, not a customer. Every penny they can beg, plead, cajole, steal or plain blackmail out of you is bonus.

23769 Comments. 1189 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo