Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 26530 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2015, 11:09 Creston

Last time I was in the hospital and they needed to get blood, the nurse walked up with THIRTEEN freaking vials. I asked her if she was going to sell them on the black market or something.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn Announced
1. Re: Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn Announced Dec 4, 2015, 11:08 Creston

It looks like a modern Double Dragon. If it's cheap cheap, I'd be interested.  

News Comments > Psychonauts 2 Announced
5. Re: Psychonauts 2 Announced Dec 4, 2015, 11:07 Creston

I like Tim, and I hope the game does well, but after the crap they pulled with Starbase DSF whatever, and the fact they're saying there's an external partner, I really don't see why anyone would feel comfortable putting money into this.

News Comments > Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo
10. Re: Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo Dec 4, 2015, 11:04 Creston

Drayth wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 10:41:
Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 09:49:
Despite them saying it's all seamless, there's nothing in here that shows that it's seamless, and I remain very skeptical about that claim.

Player trapped in a station being rescued by ship via another player
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjDe0V7CTRs

There's a great movie like moment around the 6 minute mark, but the whole vid shows off how seamless moving from ship to station is. Getting into a ship seems a bit tricky, but in a good way.

I hadn't seen that, thanks

News Comments > Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo
1. Re: Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo Dec 4, 2015, 09:49 Creston

Positive thoughts:

- It looks extremely pretty
- Animation and gunplay looks much, much improved
- Freefall stuff looks very cool and fun

For the first time it actually looks like something I'd want to play.

One bad thought:

Despite them saying it's all seamless, there's nothing in here that shows that it's seamless, and I remain very skeptical about that claim.

Also, dear God, what kind of computer will you need to run this decently?

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Dec 3, 2015, 20:18 Creston

nin wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 20:05:
Fallout Mythbusters Part II Reveals More Hidden Secrets…

Love these!

Yup.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 3, 2015, 19:13 Creston

Jivaro wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 11:00:

If I was going to buy a Galaxy today it would be a S5....but chances are I wouldn't buy a Galaxy. I would probably pick a LG or a HTC if I was buying something today.

Don't ever buy an LG phone. I have an LG phone, and it's a terrifying piece of shit. It works fine as an internet device, and it plays games well, but the thing that it really should do well, the thing I bought it for, the thing it's CALLED: Being a phone, it sucks fucking donkey ass at.

It's a giant piece of shit. Don't ever buy one.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
51. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 3, 2015, 18:38 Creston

Peter M. Smith wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 15:12:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 11:36:
It's a backup system which creates a versioned timeline of all of your files. It's like version control but for your user files as a whole rather than just git or svn repositories. It's very easy to use too: just put a cheap NAS on your home network and point File History to the NAS drive. If you tend to work on particular files over an extended period of time, it allows you to refer back to earlier revisions, see how things changed over time, etc. It doesn't support branches sadly, but the bottom line is that it takes backups from being a necessary evil to guard against drive failure, to also being a version control system for your work integrated directly into the file system.

Our primary user storage hardware works along these lines. I tell you, it's an awesome alternative to standard enterprise backup systems. Telling users they can pull up missing/old files from their PCs rather than sending the tickets to our backup team? Yes please!

You're both aware that Volume Shadow Copy has in fact existed since Windows 7, right? (Or even Vista, IIRC) It's not new to Windows 10...

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
50. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 3, 2015, 18:31 Creston

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 00:36:
Good luck fitting all of that on a single laptop desktop without going insane.

To each their own, obviously, but who on earth still uses a single laptop screen in an enterprise environment? Even the freaking mail room guy has three monitors at my PoE.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Patch Status
15. Re: Just Cause 3 Patch Status Dec 3, 2015, 18:19 Creston

Retired wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 13:18:
Only had 1 texture issue, looked like I got sucked through a mountain with grapple, only lasted a second. No other issues.

Very fun game, mixture of JC1 and JC2. Yes, it is repetitive, not sure that ANY game is immune to that anymore. It is harder, lots of chaos, lots of side stuff, lots of collectible stuff, tons of weapons, tons of cars, tons of boats, tons of airplanes.

poo poo all ya want - fun game.

How's the driving compared to 2?

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Patch Status
4. Re: Just Cause 3 Patch Status Dec 3, 2015, 12:20 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 10:35:
Likely issues caused by Denuvo ^^

I have no love for DRM or anything of its kind, but I kind of doubt it.

14. "And you didn't believe his emails" Dec 2, 2015, 17:57 Creston

Rotfl  

News Comments > Jade Empire Free on Origin
4. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Dec 1, 2015, 23:08 Creston

DangerDog wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 21:35:
If You Don't Love It, Just Return It!

This game is covered by the Origin Great Game Guarantee: If you don't absolutely love it, we'll give you a full refund.

lol

Give me back my zero dollars!

All kidding aside, while EA deservedly takes shit for a lot of the crap they pull, their refund policy is solid, and they deserve a lot of credit for being the first to offer such a policy.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues
11. Re: Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues Dec 1, 2015, 13:03 Creston

I got it for cheap cheap, but still disappointing to see it launch in such a poor state. Bad devs!

I think I'll hold off for a bit on playing it until it's got a few patches under its belt. Still having way too much fun with Fallout 4 anyway.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2015, 13:02 Creston

nin wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 11:25:
Armengar wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 11:20:
into the darkness made the mistake of letting Abrams fucking murder it.

He directed a movie based on a script he didn't write. Is that "murder"? Would it have been a better movie with a different director and the same script?

Yeah, I'm gonna blame Lindelof (?) more than I blame Abrams for that.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 1, 2015, 13:00 Creston

I think I'm at job 22 in my life. They've predominantly all been in IT though.  

News Comments > AMD Crimson Drivers Issue
28. Re: AMD Crimson Drivers Issue Dec 1, 2015, 08:52 Creston

AMD apparently didn't want Nvidia to be the only ones having (had) this issue?

How does this not get caught in testing? Oh wait, testing. Heh.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront 40-Player Battle Shown
29. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 40 Player Battle Shown Dec 1, 2015, 08:46 Creston

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 22:38:
Steele Johnson wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 21:42:
it's almost 2016 and online FPS devs are still struggling with # of players? Every 3d game wihether it be pve or pvp should have no problem supporting hundreds of npc and pcs with very minimal lag. the tech has been there for years now so use it!

What "tech has been there for years" to eliminate lag? Gaming is a global affair. Publishers can't really choose their audience and they can't economically offer servers for every single geographical region.
So you end up with broadband people physically close to the game servers who ping in at <20ms and then you have some maggot from Bumfuck, OH on LTE pinging in at 250+ms.

Due to the complexity of modern game engines, the advancements in 3D tech have actually had a detrimental effect as you can see by the lower player numbers than a decade ago because there is much more data that needs to be processed, checked and updated in "real-time"... well, or as close as you can get to that with the 200ms maggot.

This is not an issue of CPU/GPU processing power at all but an issue of not being able to predict latency. You need to get data from A to B and back to A while also calculating what C, D, E, F, G... and so on are doing at the same time.
This is a physical limitation of online. There is no tech to work around those limitations except hooking up every single gamer home with fibre but even then there'd still be limits to what you can do.

If only there was some way where players could see their latency to a server, and then pick which server they want to play on based on that latency.

We could call it... I dunno, like a server picker!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 30, 2015, 17:07 Creston

harlock wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 10:05:
told ya it looked like a hog... even on PC there are plenty of performance issues in the videos online

doenst bode well.. man i wish they had just kept the old engine, maybe fluffed the assets a bit -that would have been fine

I don't think the old engine allowed for all the physics stuff they've got going on in the new one, and that looks to be a pretty sweet addition to the game. I don't mind a game dipping in framerate if there's 150000 things exploding and breaking into chunks at the same time, as long as it's smooth sailing during the rest of it.

I guess we'll see.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. JC3 on Xbone Nov 30, 2015, 17:06 Creston

That sounds pretty spectacular. FEEL TEH POWER OF NEXT GEN!

26530 Comments. 1327 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo