Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 25008 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2015, 11:33 Creston

killer_roach wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 02:36:
Creston wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 17:53:
Changing the grass affects both teams, but from what I've been reading, it almost seems both offenses in an NFL game use separate sets of game balls?

True, although certain circumstances could advantage one team more than another, either by acclimation to that environment or by wiping out a natural advantage another team has (living in Cleveland about a decade ago, it was pretty common to see the Jacobs Field groundskeeping crew pretty much soak the infield dirt before a game against the Royals or the Twins, knowing full well that those were teams that tended to steal a lot of bases - turning the basepaths to mud would make playing small ball nigh on impossible).

Yeah, it's still not 100% fair, but at least they'd have to try to steal on the same muddy basepaths too.

In this case, what's stopping Brady from just putting a fucking homing signal in a ball, that automatically sends it to a receiver's glove?

If they use separate sets of game balls, and the Patriots' were not according to standard, that's simply cheating. There is just no other word for it.

The NFL should force Brady to throw a 20 pound brick during the superbowl.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Void Destroyer Released
8. Re: Void Destroyer Released Jan 23, 2015, 11:25 Creston

It looks quite pretty, and it's only 15 bucks. I'll pick it up next month when I have entertainment money again.  

News Comments > RONIN Announced
11. Re: RONIN Announced Jan 23, 2015, 11:20 Creston

Xil wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 08:12:
I am the only one who though of cool car chases when seeing that title ?

Nope. There better be a cool car chase.

5. The rise of fake engine noise Jan 23, 2015, 11:15 Creston

This has been around for awhile, actually. BMW has been pumping in fake engine noise for years.

It's partially understandable. People keep wanting quieter cars, so manufacturers put in more sound-deadening material, but the flipside of that is that you can't really hear the engine anymore either (unless you're in a mid-engined supercar and it's right behind your ear!)

So I don't mind them pumping in the engine noise through the speakers if you put it in say Sport mode, or Track mode, but the fake noise is kinda stupid. Then again, my '15 Mustang does it too. There was a video of a guy using the "sound chip" from the Mustang to actually play like the Star Spangled Banner. It's not as if you even really notice it.

Ah well, ten years from now we won't even have engine noise anymore.

also, Conan and Archer is brilliant.

News Comments > Dying Light Disc Release Plans; Be The Zombie Mode is Free
5. Re: Dying Light Disc Release Plans; Be The Zombie Mode is Free Jan 23, 2015, 11:09 Creston

The night hunter looks waaaaaaay too easy to kill in this. He basically has one attack, it's like a 3-4 second animation, and if during that attack any of the four players shines that UV flashlight on him, the attack gets interrupted.

Coupled with the fact that everyone can clearly see him no matter where he is, eh, it just looks stupid to me. A team with four guys who stick together would basically never lose. Two guys on flashlight duty, and two guys on chopping nest duty. The hunter wouldn't even be able to get near them.

They should not make the night hunter visible. That kind of defeats the whole purpose of him being a night hunter to begin with.

Also, is it me or did the textures suddenly look about 50% lower quality than they've been showing in previous videos? May just be that this was on the bone.

News Comments > Dying Light Disc Release Plans; Be The Zombie Mode is Free
4. Re: Dying Light Disc Release Plans; Be The Zombie Mode is Free Jan 23, 2015, 11:01 Creston

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 10:16:
FX-6300 @ 4.4ghz which puts me in the 90th percentile of processors and yet "Sorry, your computer does not meet the minimum specifications required to run this product. Please review the details below for more information."

I'm going to have to call bullshit on that.

Did it actually say that when you tried to install it, or is that just from their spec page, which was drawn up by some dumbass PR peon who doesn't know shit about anything?

I'm going to guess that your processor is going to run the game just fine.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 23, 2015, 10:54 Creston

Unbelievable. The sad thing is that he doesn't even realize how much of a punchline he's become.

News Comments > Grow Home Next Month
3. Re: Grow Home Next Month Jan 22, 2015, 22:05 Creston

It sounds cool enough, and at least it's something new.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2015, 17:53 Creston

killer_roach wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 16:37:
Cutter wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 14:04:
The NFL organization is a bad joke. Their pretense of having some sort of moral code of conduct would be laughable if it wasn't so sad. How many times does Cheaterchick get to cheat and get away with it? How many of the criminals in the league get to be criminals and get away with it? Pay a fine and off you go. That's the message they're sending. Lie, cheat, steal, do drugs, beat your wife, kill people, etc. and it's not only ok, you get rewarded for it.

I'm still having a hard time figuring out why this is cause for such alarm. Baseball teams doing all manner of ungodly things to the infield dirt or outfield grass in order to affect running and/or ball movement across those surfaces is just thought of as part of the game and a legitimate use of home field advantage. But take a bit of air out of a damn football and suddenly it's like Snidely Whiplash levels of skullduggery.

Exit question: Are baseball fans that much more accustomed to underhanded tactics, or are football fans that much thinner-skinned?

Changing the grass in baseball affects both teams, but from what I've been reading, it almost seems both offenses in an NFL game use separate sets of game balls?

In any case, baseball fans are just as pissed when there's cheating (I watched game 2 of the 2007 world series with a fellow Cardinals fans, and holy shit, I thought he was going to explode because Kenny Rogers was using pinetar while pitching. It was pretty incredible just how pissed he got) but the media makes far less of a broohaha about it.

Also, there's really nothing else to talk about re: the NFL right now, so it gets ridiculous amounts of attention.

News Comments > Nosgoth Open Beta Begins
1. Re: Nosgoth Open Beta Begins Jan 22, 2015, 13:58 Creston

On the newly updated site, youíll now see a new PLAY NOW button, allowing you to quickly register and link your Steam account. When logged into your Steam account, youíll be able to download Nosgoth and start playing. Itís that easy

Doesn't that seem kinda backwards? Why not allow people to just dl it in Steam from the store?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
15. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 22, 2015, 13:02 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 10:18:
It's not in early stages since it will be released this fall.

Is that what they actually said? I think they said that it would be released in Windows 10's cycle, not necessarily at Win10's release.

News Comments > Roberts: Star Citizen Will "Probably" Pass $100M; Release Schedule Expanded
44. Re: Roberts: Star Citizen Will Jan 22, 2015, 12:57 Creston

NegaDeath wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 12:56:
Verno wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 12:14:
Stop ruining my dream, I just want to have silly bridge drama and battle space pirates.

Oooh ooh can I audition for the guy who calls out random shield readings?

*ahem*

"Forward shields at 42% Captain!"

"Hail them, Mr. Worf!"

News Comments > Roberts: Star Citizen Will "Probably" Pass $100M; Release Schedule Expanded
42. Re: Roberts: Star Citizen Will Jan 22, 2015, 12:47 Creston

Verno wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 12:14:
Stop ruining my dream, I just want to have silly bridge drama and battle space pirates.

Giggle sorry, buddy!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 22, 2015, 12:03 Creston

Bill Borre wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 11:59:
It looked to me like just another Google Glass.

No, it is quite a bit more than that. Google glass is basically just a HUD/Camera, and this actually allows far more interactivity and options.

Whether that all makes it something that's worth using remains to be seen.

But, we gotta start somewhere. We don't go from nothing to holodeck in one leap.

(Funny thing, I was watching some TNG extras on the bluray, and Melissa Snodgrass said that "If you had replicators and holodecks, nobody would ever leave their house. Also, people would get up to the most heinous debauchery in those holodecks." So true. )

34. Re: Roberts: Star Citizen Will Jan 22, 2015, 11:47 Creston

PHJF wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 11:43:
Creston wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 11:17:
Has any "space game" ever done multiplayer crews before? (I'm not sure if EVE has them). It's always seemed cool in theory, but when you start thinking about what people would actually be doing, it kind of falls apart quickly, I'd think.

It'll be interesting to see how that shakes out, gameplay-wise.

Didn't play it, but wasn't this the premise of Allegiance?

Never heard of it, so I dunno.

33. Re: Roberts: Star Citizen Will Jan 22, 2015, 11:47 Creston

Flatline wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 11:39:
If memory serves you could have players in turrets in your YT-2000 in x-wing alliance.

And it sucked. you're trying to shoot the bad guys and the f*cking ship is looping and spinning and you have like zero frame of reference as to what the ship is about to do.

I don't remember that being in Alliance, but I've played a few games where one guy is driving and the other is in the turret (Borderlands readily comes to mind), and it's practically impossible to hit anything.

In a destroyer type vessel, this would be mitigated since it simply can't turn that quickly, but even then it would be boring as hell to be in a turret. You could take controls of turrets in X3 and you just sit there waiting for that 2 seconds that an enemy flies into view. It's not even remotely interesting.

News Comments > More on Windows 10 and Xbox
29. Re: More on Windows 10 and Xbox Jan 22, 2015, 11:42 Creston

panbient wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 07:59:
I know my internet was out for 'a few days' last week. Or did I accidentally fall into a coma for a few years instead? What happened to Windows 9?

Did they forget what comes after 8 or did I miss something? Why stick with numbers if you're not going to be sequential? Did 7 really eat 9?

Unconfirmed rumors went around that they were worried about poorly programmed software confusing Windows 9 for either 95 or 98. Y2K all over again! PLANES WILL FALL FROM THE SKY! NUCLEAR PLANTS WILL GO INTO MELTDOWN!

Yeah, it's probably just a stupid marketing thing. I was actually quite surprised they didn't call it Windows One, because it sure seemed likely.

27. Re: Roberts: Star Citizen Will Jan 22, 2015, 11:39 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 11:21:
Creston wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 11:17:
Has any "space game" ever done multiplayer crews before? (I'm not sure if EVE has them). It's always seemed cool in theory, but when you start thinking about what people would actually be doing, it kind of falls apart quickly, I'd think.

It'll be interesting to see how that shakes out, gameplay-wise.
Not MP as in 2 person flies the same ship but groups of players in a group with different ships jumping from system to system or fighting in a coordinated attack has been done before.

True, but that's not the same thing.

It'll be interesting to see how well this works. I think roleplayers will really enjoy it, but for everyone else it'll probably fizzle and stop being interesting in a hurry.

26. Re: Roberts: Star Citizen Will Jan 22, 2015, 11:38 Creston

Verno wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 11:27:
I just want to fly some crazy space destroyer with my buddies manning various stations as if we were playing some weird Star Trek/Star Wars hybrid

Yeah, exactly. It SOUNDS really cool, but what are those buddies manning various stations actually doing?

Lost in the all the cool TNG episodes was the fact that if Data wasn't an Android, he'd have been bored out of his mind sitting at that Ops station.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2015, 11:36 Creston

NKD wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 09:20:
The DeflateGate joke I'm fond of is the one that goes this is the first time we've had a sports controversy about deflated balls that didn't involve performance enhancing drugs.

Hahahaha.

25008 Comments. 1251 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo