Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 23355 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 8, 2014, 16:20 Creston

900 writers sticking up for a piece of shit publisher who was already found guilty of price fixing in the Apple trial, and is still trying to collude to artificially keep ebook prices way higher than they should be.

I'll be very interested to see the ad this Sunday, so I know which 900 authors to avoid in the future. Fuck you and your attempts at price fixing. Fuck you right up your fucking ass with a rusty pipe.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition Announced
5. Re: Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition Announced Aug 8, 2014, 16:15 Creston

I might pick it up again if it's cheap enough. I never thought the visuals were the problem, it was the driving that was the big issue.

Also, a lot of the DLC is of the overpowered variety, so depending on what they add, things might quickly get waaaaay too easy. Both Year of the Snake and Nightmare in North Point were actually pretty fun, so having those included is pretty cool.

All in all, since I already own most of it anyway, I doubt I'd pay more than 5 bucks for it, unless the graphical update is truly jaw-dropping.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 8, 2014, 11:57 Creston

Redmask wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 07:10:
From what I can gather from google, this Pewdiepie just plays games? How is he any different from the millions of other people doing the same thing on Youtube. The world is strange.

He does weird/funny commentary while playing them. You either like that style of humor or you don't, but I'll say that watching him play Happy Wheels or Amnesia is pretty funny.

I think him having the most subscribed-to Youtube channel is just a function of people wanting to appear as if they're down with the popular stuff, so everyone subscribes to his channel because it's the thing to do.

All that said, I fail to see why it illicits such rage in certain people.

News Comments > Casey Hudson Departs BioWare
29. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2014, 11:45 Creston

NewMaxx wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 06:29:
If you want to see how a lead designer properly manages a team, check out Chris Avellone.

Because there was literally nothing wrong with Alpha Protocol, after all. The combat in that game played like a smooth, buttery dream. Kotor2? Best ending ever. Everything Chris Avellone touches turns to gold. (And was he even lead designer on anything? Isn't Josh Sawyer usually the lead?)

My point is to loop back to the Sun Tzu saying which is basically that the leader must not be vague about what is acceptable and it sounds awfully like this guy was vague.

How was he vague? He signed off on the ending that Mac Walters wrote by himself, likely because they were just a few months away from shipping and still did not have an ending. He likely didn't have much choice at that point anymore.

I'm not giving him a pass on the ME3 ending (they definitely should have involved the other writers, especially since Mac Walters is a fucking hack,) but the guy led development on four great games. He deserves more kudos for that than for fucking up one ending (which, again, they later fixed anyway.)

News Comments > etc.
1. Steam Beta Aug 8, 2014, 11:39 Creston

Finally...

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 8, 2014, 11:23 Creston

Oh good...

News Comments > Sierra Entertainment Revival
8. Re: Sierra Entertainment Revival Aug 8, 2014, 11:20 Creston

yay?

News Comments > Wings! Remastered Edition Takes Off This Year
4. Re: Wings! Remastered Edition Takes Off This Year Aug 8, 2014, 11:19 Creston

I played the shit out of Wings on my Amiga, (I actually played the shit out of all the Cinemaware games), but unless they make an incredible dogfighting module, I have no interest in revisiting it.

News Comments > The Making of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Part 2
2. Re: The Making of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Part 2 Aug 7, 2014, 23:55 Creston

awesome new gameplay opportunities

1) low-grav mutator
2) being able to use shitty 'oxygen' counter to boost in a jump
3) ...

and that was it. SO AWESOME!

15. Re: Casey Hudson Departs BioWare Aug 7, 2014, 23:53 Creston

NKD wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 19:37:
Flatline wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 19:09:
Is he the guy who supposedly locked himself away for ME3 and wrote that "ending"?

That'd be the guy...

No, that was Mac Walters. Casey didn't write it. Rumors say that Casey signed off on the ending wholeheartedly, but on the flipside, they were like two months away from shipping and Walters still hadn't figured out how to actually end the story, so at that point you'd probably sign off on anything, even the turd of an ending that Walters finally crapped out.

They deserved all the flak they got for the ME3 ending (even though they made it a bit better with the extended cut, and did actually release an Ending DLC without calling it that), but in the end Casey was project director on KOTOR, and lead on the Mass Effect trilogy. Those are four great, great games that he was in charge of, and I think he deserves much appreciation for that.

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 2014, 23:59.

14. Re: Casey Hudson Departs BioWare Aug 7, 2014, 23:51 Creston

Sucks, because he was an awesome lead designer, and Bioware will get worse because of it.

Ten bucks says he'll join Oculus.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Access Expands
8. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Access Expands Aug 7, 2014, 12:13 Creston

The game has... what, 600000 backers or so? I'd be curious to know how many people have AC access, and how many of them are actually playing. If they're handling several hundred thousand people playing at once, that'd be a good sign.

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs
8. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 12:11 Creston

This is a terrible game. The story is actually pretty good, the voice acting is solid, the visuals are... okay, I guess (beautiful characters and environments in rome, terrible terrible visuals elsewhere), but the actual fighting gameplay is so mindnumbingly boring...

I'd pick it up for 2.50.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2014, 16:25 Creston

Apparently it was yet another one of those "I'm going through a really difficult time right now, and I thought that threatening some random internet user somewhere with legal action would help make me feel better!" scenarios.

So he has apologized, but apparently not actually taken down the DMCA notice he served to Tumblr. Also, Tumblr stands by its belief that the notice was legitimate, even though the Escher Girls blog falls completely within the fair use for purpose of criticism and debate terminology of the DMCA.

This comment was edited on Aug 6, 2014, 16:31.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 6, 2014, 16:02 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 21:35:
Skip 1, play 2, Brotherhood, Revelations, skip 3, play 4.

Honestly with the game also taking place in New York I'd love to see a PC version.

Skip Revelations. It's boring, trite and quite frankly it's just irritating to see Old Ezio complain about how old he's become. The only real saving grace in that game is that his relationship with whatsherface builds very gradually and is made nicely believable because of that.

The rest of it is imminently forgettable.

AC2, Brotherhood and 4 are great games. The rest can easily be skipped.

News Comments > Colin McRae Rally Steam Refunds
14. Re: Colin McRae Rally Steam Refunds Aug 6, 2014, 15:53 Creston

NKD wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 14:55:
Not really sure I buy that. Codemasters isn't some naive indie games company. They've been around forever. I'm pretty sure they aren't going to intentionally risk their reputation over a $7 game in a relatively niche genre with some kind of contrived evil mustache twirling muahahaha scenario.

So what then, they just never thought "Hmmm, maybe calling it Colin McRae Rally and saying 'The old legend is back!' will mislead people"?

As for risking their reputation, eh, EA still sells game by the shitload, and they've been screwing people over for more than a decade now, so I doubt they're all that worried.

It screams of an attempt to make a quick cash grab to me, and they tried to hide the fact by being less than honest in their blurb. And now that they've been caught with their hands in the cookie jar, they're desperately trying to pretend this wasn't their intention to begin with while at the same time trying to showcase their largess by offering refunds.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed SF Gamer's Night & Action Figure
2. Re: Assassin's Creed SF Gamer's Night & Action Figure Aug 6, 2014, 15:48 Creston

Eh, it's a pretty cool promotion. If I lived in SF I'd probably go, but then again, if I lived in SF I'd likely have season tickets to the Giants anyway.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2014, 12:46 Creston

Queen also alleged that Escher Girls' DMCA post “publicly challenges my right to protect the perception of my IP as it exists today.”

You have no such right, moron. The perception of your IP is (gasp) free speech protected. I am fully within my first amendment rights to consider your 'art' to be fucking terrible, and your faulty belief in how the DMCA works to be fucking moronic.

Kudos to Tumblr for kowtowing to yet another IP whiner without ever bothering to check whether it was legit or not.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 6, 2014, 11:44 Creston

A WHOLE DAY?!

Have fun, Blue.

News Comments > Colin McRae Rally Steam Refunds
4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 6, 2014, 11:42 Creston

True, but let's be honest, this wasn't just "an honest mistake." They knew full well that people would think they were getting the PC version of Colin McRae, and not a fucking port from a mobile version.

So they put this up hoping to cash in without anyone making too much fuss. It's still a fucking scumbag move.

23355 Comments. 1168 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo