Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 23797 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Triad Wars Beta Signups; Trailer
6. Re: Triad Wars Beta Signups; Trailer Sep 23, 2014, 10:54 Creston

I know sleeping dogs didn't sell well, which is a shame because it was a great game. So I know that getting another game like it is extremely unlikely.

But why call this a fucking sequel to sleeping dogs when it's going to be (seemingly) a FUCKING F2P MMO?!??!

Shit.

Also, at 0:58, the guy says that Sleeping Dogs had great driving. No, sir. No, it did not. The driving in sleeping dogs was ATROCIOUSLY bad. It is the worst driving ever put into an open world game, and it actively detracts from the enjoyment of the rest of the game.

If you guys ported that driving mechanic straight over then I will immediately have zero interest anymore.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC GTA5 First-Person Support?
34. Re: PC GTA5 First-Person Support? Sep 23, 2014, 10:48 Creston

nin wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 21:14:
Blahman wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 21:12:
nin wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 10:08:
I'm wondering how many hours it would take to walk from S to N on the map, in first person.

Why would it take any longer?

I didn't say it would. I just thought it was be interesting in the first person, to hike it.

It took me about 35 minutes in multiplayer to jog it, but that included several times being waylayed by other players.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Season Pass Includes 2.5D AC Game
8. Re: Into the Black Sep 23, 2014, 10:42 Creston

NKD wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 02:50:
Fuck y'all. I still want more AC.

Me too... God help me, me too!!!! Cry

News Comments > Steam Discovery Update
16. Re: Steam Discovery Update Sep 22, 2014, 22:03 Creston

"Yeah, we realize we've kind of swamped Steam with absolute crap, so now we had to come up with a new system to help you find actually good games that AREN'T in Early Access."

5. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Season Pass Includes 2.5D AC Game Sep 22, 2014, 22:01 Creston

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 19:56:
When I was on the toilet today, I thought about whether or not I would call a game like Einhander 2.5D. I came to the conclusion that I can.

Interesting. I only make Zweihanders.

4. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Season Pass Includes 2.5D AC Game Sep 22, 2014, 22:00 Creston

Ubi CEO "Is the market sick of Assassin's Creed yet?"
Marketing dipshit "Not really."
Ubi CEO "IT WILL BE!!!" *releases 8 more AC games*

News Comments > Tim Schaefer Addresses Spacebase DF-9 Questions
17. Re: Tim Schaefer Addresses Spacebase DF-9 Questions Sep 22, 2014, 11:45 Creston

Early access seems to quickly become : Buy our alpha, which we'll keep developing while early access money rolls in. Once the money stops, so do we.

It needs to really really really really really quickly die the fuck out.

News Comments > PC GTA5 First-Person Support?
13. Re: PC GTA5 First-Person Support? Sep 22, 2014, 11:42 Creston

The first person "walk around" mod for GTA4 was pretty cool, so if they add this it should be fun.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 21, 2014, 15:10 Creston

Quboid wrote on Sep 21, 2014, 15:01:
Are the random encounters always in the same little bit of ruined street? The 4 or 5 I did all used this which is repetitive and it seems out of character for a desert based game.

No, there are others, but I think that's just the map that comes with the raiders random encounter. It's a 3 million dollar game—variety of random encounter maps probably wasn't high on their "Let's allocate money to that" list.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 21, 2014, 15:09 Creston

Loving Wasteland 2 so far. I've already started over three times, because I keep coming up with better and more varied character builds. (and had to restart once because I just got blatantly wiped in combat.)

Combat isn't as good as X-COM, but I think it's still fine, and the story is pretty awesome so far. Lots of skills, lots of things to interact with, tons of stuff to see. Graphically it's a little unsharp, but they had to make it for 3 million bucks, so I think it's amazing it looks the way it does.

I definitely recommend it to any fan of old-school RPGs.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. 500 million dollars Sep 19, 2014, 12:49 Creston

But we didn't have the money to offer support. Thanks for buying our game, though!

Activision/Bungie at its finest.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Released
14. Re: Wasteland 2 Released Sep 19, 2014, 12:43 Creston

MajorD wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 11:46:
Creston wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 11:35:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *gasp* OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Are you okay now, have you recovered yet?

*gasps*

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIII for PC Announced
29. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIII for PC Announced Sep 19, 2014, 11:37 Creston

Still have FF13 lying there for my PS3 ready to play... Never really get around to it.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Released
8. Re: Wasteland 2 Released Sep 19, 2014, 11:35 Creston

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *gasp* OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2014, 13:12 Creston

nin wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 13:09:
Creston wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 12:36:
Btw fellas, the Dragon Fall Director's Cut is now available, so all of you who already owned Dragon Fall should have it in your Steam account.

<Looks at length of unplayed steam games list, weeps>

SOME DAY you'll play all of those games! You will!

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees
19. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees Sep 18, 2014, 13:11 Creston

ItBurn wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 12:48:
Creston wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 12:46:
The Witcher Wild Hunt isn't coming out until February 2015. But other than that, yeah, it's an embarrassment of riches this year.

There's a lot of games that I really want to play in there, but then I think about it and realize that it's been a long time since I've been "REALLY" excited about a game. I mean a huge game with crazy features. Not a clone of another game, but with a different story and settings... Know what I mean?

Yeah, I'm pretty excited for the Witcher too, but there's that little voice in the back of my head that keeps going "It can't be THIS awesome. It's impossible."

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees
15. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees Sep 18, 2014, 12:46 Creston

The Witcher Wild Hunt isn't coming out until February 2015. But other than that, yeah, it's an embarrassment of riches this year.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2014, 12:44 Creston

Ratty wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 12:39:
I just did my Amazon order for about 60 bucks. I bought a couple of books and a couple of Thai sauces, chili paste, and dried peppers. Did you see these Blue? I had a couple of things in my cart from earlier and I was too lazy to remove them and add them again after I went there from here. A lot of the stuff was from 3rd party vendors. Do they count? Also i wonder if I have to change any cookie preferences, like, do I have to start accepting third-party cookies?

This is the first time I've ordered from Amazon since your program and I just want to make sure I do it right.

Stuff from third party vendors should count, yeah, unless it's just a storefront on Amazon and not actually being handled by Amazon. As for the cookies, I doubt Amazon works if you have them turned all the way off, so I think you'd be okay. Do you have Blue's site automatically filling in username / pw, or do you use the ignore list here at all? If so, you're fine on your cookies.

And I think the stuff you added to your cart earlier might even still count, as I imagine the cookie doesn't actually get checked until checkout.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2014, 12:41 Creston

Ratty wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 11:56:
Movie tropes. Didn't watch it all but saw the asteroid belt trope which is my number 2 pet sci-fi peeve. And they ALL do it. I've never seen a movie or series that didn't depict asteroid belts as thick and crowded.

My number one peeve is the lights inside spacesuit helmets that illuminate the astronaut's faces. They all do that too - even 2001 IIRC. Like driving a car at night with the inside lights on.

Astronauts apparently love being blinded all the time. :p

The only one in the movie trope video I had a bit of an issue with was the pistol shot vs padlock. Mythbusters actually tested that one, and found that a sufficiently heavy caliber pistol CAN actually destroy a (flimsy) padlock.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2014, 12:36 Creston

Btw fellas, the Dragon Fall Director's Cut is now available, so all of you who already owned Dragon Fall should have it in your Steam account.

23797 Comments. 1190 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo