Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 25127 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong Nears $1M Goal
10. Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong Nears $1M Goal Feb 14, 2015, 21:01 Creston

Finally decided to back it, only to find out that their brilliant new Shady CC Middle Man no longer accepts discover. Ergo, I can't actually back any KSers anymore.

It sure was a BRILLIANT decision to switch away from Amazon Payments.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
8. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 14, 2015, 20:45 Creston

On Ars Technica, everyone is a fucking moron.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Trailer
27. Re: Just Cause 3 Trailer Feb 13, 2015, 21:56 Creston

Dacron wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 19:18:
Creston wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 18:47:

Be aware that the normal game, even fully patched, doesn't allow you to get to 100%. There is a mod out there that restores a few missing things which are needed.

I believe on the normal game you can only get to 99.7 or 99.8%

I went and read up on that, sort of killed my slow, glacial ambition to get it to 100%.

No worries, here's the mod!

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence
12. Re: Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence Feb 13, 2015, 21:52 Creston

He just genuinely doesn't realize how much lying he does. He has absolutely no clue. He'll lie 10 times during an interview, and just have no idea he's even doing it.

I'd say that he needs to get professional help for it, but I don't think that there's anything to actually diagnose/cure, and he's... what, in his 50s now? Kind of late to be trying to break him of this habit.

I wonder how his family/friends deal with it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 13, 2015, 18:54 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 15:01:
had surgery recently, any tips or games people know about for 1 handed gaming? my strong/mouse hand is all i gots right now to use.

Telltale games, monkey island remake? Anno 2070 can easily be played with one hand. Cities: Skylines comes out in a month and looks pretty awesome.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 13, 2015, 18:53 Creston

Sepharo wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 18:34:
Whoa.
Bluesnews isn't blocked for me at work anymore.

*angelic choir singing*

The five years when I worked at a PoS outfit that had blocked Blues for being "a videogames site" were really, really irritating.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
36. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 13, 2015, 18:52 Creston

ASeven wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 18:44:
Would love to see this kind of interview with Randy Pitchford and Tim Schaffer. That would be quite a read.

Holy shit, yes. Somebody get John Walker on the phone.

9. Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong Nears $1M Goal Feb 13, 2015, 18:49 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 17:36:
Creston wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 14:19:
I really want to back, but I am extremely unhappy about having to give my credit card info to yet Another Shady CC Middleman to do so.

I look at it as that is the credit cards money to steal. I'm covered and don't care. That is the system they have built for us, sort of convenient.

Yeah, Discover actually told me the same when I called to ask about a one-time use CC number (they stopped doing that about two months ago). No worries, sir, you're fully covered.

But even so, it's still Yet Another Point of Failure...

25. Re: Just Cause 3 Trailer Feb 13, 2015, 18:47 Creston

Dacron wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 16:09:
Just Cause 2 is still installed to this day.... I'll get 100% on all the cities/towns/villages/bases one day.

Or this will get released and bugger that plan up.

Be aware that the normal game, even fully patched, doesn't allow you to get to 100%. There is a mod out there that restores a few missing things which are needed.

I believe on the normal game you can only get to 99.7 or 99.8%

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 Multiplayer Revealed
25. Re: Mass Effect 4 single Revealed Feb 13, 2015, 17:58 Creston

Gunz wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 17:32:
ME4 will be set during the final years of the Human/Turian conflict known as the First Contact War.

THAT part might actually be true.

You play as Sam (Samuel or Samantha) "Buck" Rodgers, a human pilot who crash lands on a hostile, alien planet and is forced to cooperate with the very enemy you were trying to destroy when you were marooned -- the dirty Turian scum who shot you down and killed your best friend Dak (Dakland or Dakliona)! Revenge soon takes a back seat to survival as you and the Turian pilot learn to first communicate... then eventually love.

Long story short: The Turian gets pregnant and dies, you raise the Turian child as your own, you end up saving the kid from Human slaver/strip miners and eventually accompany the child to the Turian homeworld where you teach both Humans and Turians to look beyond their differences, end the war, and become allies -- and, more importantly, friends.

This, however, is not.

The multiplayer consist of a persistent hub tower containing DLC vendors and public 2-4 player Quasar pods (no match making - first come, first serve only).

Real Money Quasar Pods, of course. EA just collectively jizzed itself.

In any case, it's not set after Shepard, it's most likely set during the story of Shepard, and no, Shepard won't be in it. (sadly.)

I do hope Jennifer Hale will do the female VO though. I don't give a damn that your new character will sound exactly like Shepard, Jennifer Hale is fucking awesome, and I want her as Fem(NewN7)!

13. Re: Just Cause 3 Trailer Feb 13, 2015, 14:53 Creston

Courtesy of PC Gamer:

Tether-ism
Tethering things to other things was one of the best things about Just Cause 2, but itís even more fun in the new game. You can now use multiple tethers at once (a maximum of three, but modders will deal with that), and adjust their tension at the touch of a button. So say an attack chopper is on your tail. You can tether it to the ground, then tighten the wires so that it pulls it down and smashes it into the ground. Or maybe you just want to tether a few enemies to your sports car and do doughnuts as they scream in terror. The potential for physics-based mischief and mayhem here is huge.

Multi-tethers and unbreakable tethers. FUUUUCCCKKKKK YEAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

5. Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong Nears $1M Goal Feb 13, 2015, 14:19 Creston

I really want to back, but I am extremely unhappy about having to give my credit card info to yet Another Shady CC Middleman to do so.

20. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 13, 2015, 13:40 Creston

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 13:29:
Don't KS devs in many cases ask for a budget that will allow them to make a case for investors (their bank) to give them a certain amount of credit?
Obviously Chris Roberts never needed to hit the bank or investors but Larian Studios only made about a million (dollars) and the game cost about five million (euros) to make. Or Elite Dangerous' budget is estimated to be in the double digit million pounds but it only made about 1.5 million pounds on KS.
I don't think it's realistic to get the full budget on KS (with very few exceptions like SC).

That's fine, but then you need to be upfront about it. Don't say that you need a million bucks to make this game without a publisher, then three months later, boom there's a publisher with 80% of the budget coming from them.

Molyeneueuuxuxux actually gets called out on this, when he says there's no publisher for the PC game, and then the PC architecture needs to change because the publisher forces them to change it. And he stammers and stutters and comes up with 19000 different reasons for why it's not his fault and people should feel sorry for him, but the fat reality is that he's lying about it not having a publisher.

It is indeed a painful interview, and I have to admit I admire Peter for sticking with it, and I also admire JW for FINALLY not pulling any fucking punches. It only took 30 years, but the gaming press finally has a legitimate journalistic piece. Kudos, guys.

In any case, long story short, anyone who gave money to Peter molyeneyeyeyxyyx was taking a massive, MASSIVE risk, and after this I can't imagine anyone ever giving him another dime ever again.

16. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 13, 2015, 12:54 Creston

Peter Molyneux: Well, I think if you talk to anyone, and this is the advice I have given to people about Kickstarter, is to not ask for too much. You cannot unfortunately ask for the actual amount you need.

Holy shit. This is literally the anathema of Kickstarter. If that's the advise that that moron has been giving to people, then I hope nobody has fucking listened.

Here is the thing about Kickstarter: ASK FOR WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THE GAME, plus 20% extra. If you don't get it, tough. But asking for too little means you are almost guaranteeing from the get-go that you won't get enough to make the game, and then you're going to be fucking screwed two years later.

What a jackass. Been making games for 30 years and still can't figure out a fucking budget.

What Iím trying to say without going through every sort of, every bad story about development, when youíre creating something new, itís like walking through a foggy forest. Youíre never sure if youíre taking the wrong route or the right route.

New? You were remaking Populous. A game you'd already made TWICE. That's all that anybody ever wanted. Nobody wanted your God of Gods bullshit and hubworld and all that other extraneous crap. Everyone just wanted a new Populous.

Ugh, I need to stop reading this interview. He's lying every single fucking paragraph.

Edit: The sad thing is, he doesn't even realize he's doing it. He's lying/being mistaken so many times in this interview, and he has no clue he's doing it. He says he will no longer talk to the press, and he's been all over the press. He says he'll never invite press to the studio to look at things anymore, and he says to John at least half a dozen times "Come over here and see what we're doing."

I think he's just genuinely incapable of seeing how much lying he's doing. He is, in essence, a poster child for pathological lying.

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 2015, 13:36.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 13, 2015, 12:33 Creston

BobBob wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 02:25:
Why are the banks processing the check if it's clearly being withdrawn by the wrong company / individual?

You mean they have to actually pay attention? They don't make enough profit for that. "Paying attention" is the $100 billion profit stretch goal.

12. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 13, 2015, 12:30 Creston

Oh yeah, you do. You've got a reputation as a blowhard liar who never keeps his promises, and since GODUS as a blatant fucking shyster who deliberately told lies just to get people to donate more money.

Enjoy it, Peter! You really worked hard for it.

Btw, I regained a lot of respect for John Walker/RPS with that interview. I've not bothered reading them for the past six months or so because it's been little but whiny-ass gamergate shit and shill pieces, but damn.

"Do you think you're a pathological liar?" as the first question. HOT DAMN, SON.

And then Molyneux going that he doesn't think he's ever knowingly lied. God what a fucking toolbag.

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 2015, 12:49.

9. Re: Just Cause 3 Trailer Feb 13, 2015, 12:19 Creston

I am going to play the ever-loving SHIT out of this when it's finally out. Other than ME4 and the next Deus Ex, this is my most highly anticipated game. I've never laughed so hard at a game as I did at JC2.  

16. Re: Mass Effect 4 Multiplayer Revealed Feb 13, 2015, 11:44 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 10:35:
SlimRam wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 10:34:
Because Mass Effect was always about multiplayer...

From my hearings quite a few had fun with Mass 3's MP.

I very much enjoyed it. Didn't think I was going to, and wound up playing it much much more than I ever did the SP. (though by now the two have probably evened out.)

While it would have been nice to have more variety in the enemies and the stuff you had to do, it was a good challenge, and the truly massive amount of playable classes and different weapons made for interesting matches.

Even now the PC lobbies still seem pretty decently full. I played a few games a couple weeks back and rarely had to wait for more than 30s or so before a lobby was full and we were off to the races again.

It's weird that even though it's basically exactly the same formula, DA's multiplayer really bores the shit out of me. The combat just isn't as fun, and since that's all you're doing, it just doesn't grab my attention. (Also, in ME's MP, when you got something, it was ALWAYS either a new weapon, or an upgrade to an existing one, but in DA you find maybe one drop in an entire session, and that drop can easily just be 500% worse than the shit you've already got. So it really destroys that whole "Cool, new shit!" feeling.)

Anyway, no surprise that ME4 would have MP. The MP in ME3 and DA:I really didn't make much difference to the SP (the war assets thing notwithstanding, and they patched that out to make no difference anyway pretty soon after), so more game options=good.

I'm pretty damn excited about ME4.

14. Re: Mass Effect 4 Multiplayer Revealed Feb 13, 2015, 11:39 Creston

"Things are getting real now and I need an excellent Producer to come shape online for the next Mass Effect"

Say no more, Chris! *packs bags*

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials
1. Re: Ubisoft Financials Feb 12, 2015, 17:44 Creston

Release terribly broken games: get record sales.

Yeah, that's the way to teach publishers not to release broken shit, gamers...

25127 Comments. 1257 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo