Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 24470 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2014, 15:19 Creston

BobBob wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 14:52:
Topping out at 78 today and 80 tomorrow. Thursday is going to 80. Time to plan for a beach picnic on Thanksgiving Day!

I hope your turkey drowns!!!! Shakefist

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2014, 15:19 Creston

InBlack wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 09:44:
Guys. I need some suggestions on what to watch (series). Ive just finished Boardwalk Empire and I have run out of ideas.

Justified. Archer. Fringe. Community (seasons 1-3).

News Comments > Steam Top 10
27. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 24, 2014, 13:17 Creston

Beamer wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 11:19:
And the damn eagle - leave me alone, I'm hunting monkeys for a wallet.

That made me snort water all over my desk. Thanks, Beamer!

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
9. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Nov 24, 2014, 13:11 Creston

siapnar wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 11:06:
Creston wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 10:48:
There is so much to do in it that I feel overwhelmed at times.
Maybe it's just because I'm getting older, but this kinda thing really turns me off.
I'd rather have a more focused, compact experience than have too many things to do.
I don't mean COD levels of linearity, but I'd rather only have 3 or so objectives to accomplish at one time, including the main story mission.

Obviously it's good to have a lot of content, and many players (especially younger) love dumping hours upon hours into a game... but I just can't do it anymore

You CAN just focus on the main missions, btw. I don't think they outlevel you, or if they do, not by very much. You can safely ignore all the side stuff.

@Xil, the crafting system is actually fairly simple. Basically every item you craft has slots for a certain type of material. Ore, cloth, leather, etc. Depending on what type of Ore (or cloth, or leather) you put into it, the properties of the item you craft will change. The bonuses the different items give are listed underneath them in a list of 4, and that's the bonus they give if they are in that particular slot.

So for example, if you were to craft an armor with Iron as its main component, it'll have an Armor Class of say, 100, because Iron gives Low armor class when used as a main ingredient. If you were to use, for example, Obsidian, that same armor would probably have an AC of 118 or so, because Obsidian is a better material to craft the armor from.

Similarly for the other slots. If you use Iron as the secondary material as well, it may give you +4 Strength as a bonus, whereas if you used Obsidian in that slot, it would give you +6 Strength as a bonus. Basically, the rarer the material, the better the item you're crafting.

Other than that, you can mix and match whichever ores/leather etc you want. It's just a matter of maximizing the bonus, or getting the combination you prefer. (Tip: When you get Skyhold, there is a merchant near the main gate who sells unlimited supplies of "Something Something Glass", which is a pretty awesome crafting material. I always buy a hundred or so and go to town crafting some new stuff for my party.)

@Fion, I think the Hinterlands are the best place to farm Elfroot, but you can also put it in Skyhold's garden, and it'll grow a few every <unknown> amount of time. I think sometimes a merchant will sell some as well.

News Comments > Irrational is Hiring
4. Re: Irrational is Hiring Nov 24, 2014, 11:49 Creston

nin wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 09:35:
"Why is Ken locking the doors? Ken? You said we were done! KEN! I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE! OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR, KEN!!!!", etc, etc...

Hehehe.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition
139. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 24, 2014, 11:26 Creston

Ugh, awesome. Do you have the individual party members' AI turned off?

It makes no sense that they go from a solid AI system in DA:O and DA2 to this... My guess is they could just never get the scripting to work in Frostbite 3?

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2014, 11:03 Creston

Thanks homie!

Had about 90 bucks left in gift cards, so spent 86 dollars for seasons 1 -6. That's a pretty sweet deal.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2014, 10:59 Creston

nin wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 10:54:
Creston, you see my TNG note the other day? Huge amazon sale...

Aaahhh!! NO!

Is it still on? OMG!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
24. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 24, 2014, 10:57 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 09:02:
The humor in this game is freaking out when you come across your first honey badger and shooting it with an RPG, nearly killing yourself and then seeing its ragdoll roll down the hill. I've also accidentally deployed the wingsuit at a low altitude where I was just trying to jump over a crevice, but then flying-squirreled myself into a cliff wall and died.

Hahahaha. Also, honey badger don't care about your RPG!!

137. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 24, 2014, 10:52 Creston

Verno,

Make sure to have your AI on "Hold Position" to stop them from teleporting back to you. But yes, I agree, the AI is fucking awful. I just play on Normal because I'm tired of having to deal with it. I have no idea how people have the patience to bumblefuck their way through Nightmare.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2014, 10:50 Creston

Are you guys planning to get another doggie, Blue? (I think you've answered this before...)  

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
5. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Nov 24, 2014, 10:48 Creston

DA:I deserves it. Awesome game. It is insane how much content they packed into the game.

There is so much to do in it that I feel overwhelmed at times. I think I have 9 actual missions open on my war map, about 20 odd adviser missions, I have no clue what to actually go do next, and so far I've seen 3 of the 12 zones.

I estimate I have roughly 19000 hours of stuff left to do.

135. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 22, 2014, 01:30 Creston

nin wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 21:51:
Creston wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 18:44:
Loving DA:I. I can't recommend it enough.

You and others got a sale out of me, and that's saying something. I'd pretty much written it off until the reviews showed up.

I doubt you'll regret it. It's an excellent game. Just don't stay in the Hinterlands. Get in, do the main mission, do a few side quests to get 4 power, then get out.

133. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 21, 2014, 18:44 Creston

Hehe, yeah I saw that. It's pretty clear they meant for this to be a "get your feet wet for 30 minutes or so, then move on to the cooler parts."

I'm enjoying myself in the Hinterlands because I love to wander around and gawk at all the beautiful, BEAUTIFUL shit it's got in it, and I like the combat, but I'll agree the quests there are mostly boring as hell.

It's fun to crawl around dilapidated castles and dungeons though.

Loving DA:I. I can't recommend it enough.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2014, 18:41 Creston

Google poised to tell Europe's parliament to go fuck itself.  

News Comments > Project CARS Pre-purchases
4. Re: Project CARS Pre-purchases Nov 21, 2014, 18:39 Creston

Cutter wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 18:14:
Set a reminder on your PC so that Gary Numan's Cars starts playing on repeat on that day so you'll remember...if you're not too busy dancing to it instead.

Everybody dances to Gary Numan!

News Comments > Project CARS Pre-purchases
1. Re: Project CARS Pre-purchases Nov 21, 2014, 17:47 Creston

I'll remember to buy this on March 16th 2015.  

News Comments > On Assassin's Creed Unity Microtransactions
3. Re: On Assassin's Creed Unity Microtransactions Nov 21, 2014, 17:47 Creston

Selling 100 bucks worth of bullshit points and only having 44 bucks worth of shit to buy. Congrats Ubisoft. You've now passed EA as the worst pieces of shit in gaming.

I'm never buying another one of your games unless it's five bucks. Fuck you.

131. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 21, 2014, 17:45 Creston

Yeah, like I said, I'd have left the hinterlands before except I want to save Val Royeaux for when I'm on my shiznits graphics PC. So in the meantime I'm just running around the Hinterlands clearing some stuff up, but I've pretty much come to the end of the doable stuff now. Everything left open is lvl 12.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered
2. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered Nov 21, 2014, 17:43 Creston

If FD genuinely got like 60 million bucks in investor funds, why make such a big deal out of this? Presumably only 10% or so of people wanted a refund, which means you'd be out of ~ 200K.

Most marketoids would tell you that 200K is not a bad price to pay to avoid the kind of terrible, terrible PR you've been dumping all over yourself, and just saying "We made a promise, we didn't keep it, we'll offer everyone who wants one a refund" is fantastic PR that immediately puts you back into everyone's good graces.

Doesn't seem that difficult to figure out (unless they didn't get that 60M that people were talking about, then 200K is probably a rough hit.)

Even so, it reflects poorly on Kickstarted games.

24470 Comments. 1224 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo