Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 25506 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
9. Re: Saturday Interviews Apr 25, 2015, 22:35 Creston

harlock wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 21:39:
Bundy wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 21:09:
Didn't he say he was quitting interviews forever?

didnt that 4 yr old girl stomp out of the room and go hug her dolly?

Hahahahaha.

In any case, same old Peter Moeleyeeneneuuuxxx. Nothing's his fault, he wasn't lying, the press just quoted him wrong, he is the most awesome thing to happen to gaming, yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda.

Why people still fall for his schtick is baffling.

Now is the time we have to show the world that they don't need to be anaesthetised by the deluge of rubbish from TV and film,

"Instead, they can be anesthetized by the deluge of rubbish from shitty game producers like me, who promise everything and deliver nothing!"

Anyone who thinks current day TV produces nothing but rubbish versus the golden flower that is gaming has his head so far stuck up his own ass he can do a colonoscopy without using a fucking camera.

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 2015, 22:43.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2015, 16:39 Creston

Good to hear your doggie had a good time, Blue.  

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Apr 25, 2015, 16:33 Creston

"Oh, I'm gonna quit, such a controversy! Waaah!"

How about you didn't try to make money off your mod that had other people's work in it, buddy? It doesn't seem that hard to figure out that that wouldn't be acceptable. (to the original modder, even if Valve was like "oh sure it's fine! Sell! give us our 30%!")

In the end, the things he's mad at are Valve being assholes. (surprise! Their customer 'service' is getting to be worse than Comcast's.) It has nothing to do with Skyrim or modding. No need to turn it into such a fucking drama.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2015, 22:58 Creston

BobBob wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 13:07:
Creston wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 12:59:
I have a nest thermostat. Great little device. The amount of times I've left home, been halfway to work and thought "Shit, I didn't turn the heat/air down" have been too many to count. Used to be I'd sit at work irritated at heating/cooling my house for no reason. Now I just do a few taps on the phone and voila.

I don't think I'll need the thermostat. Open window, cool, close window, warm.

*opens faucet*

"Hey look! Water!"

20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2015, 22:57 Creston

My three favorite Trevor moments: (in secret text)

1) Transitioning to him, and he's on a little Faggio scooter, chasing another guy who is also on a Faggio, and keeps yelling out at him "You're my Scooter Brother! SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTER BROOOOOOOTHER!"

2) When he finally kills the dock worker and his girlfriend in their apartment, and walks out with the walls and windows just covered in blood, and he just looks so weary and shakes his head as if even he himself can't believe he just went that fucking nuts. I dunno, it just made me laugh.

3) Transitioning to him, and he wakes up a tiny little island just off the coast, wearing nothing but tighty whities, and he's surrounded by empty bottles and dead bodies. I mean, let your imagination run wild.

And then of course there's the time that Michael calls Trevor a Hipster.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Car Mechanic Simulator 2015
5. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Car Mechanic Simulator 2015 Apr 24, 2015, 22:51 Creston

Cutter wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 20:53:
Creston is playing this. I dunno it might not be bad. He was right about ETS2.

It's fun in small doses, and it actually does teach you a bit about cars if you're pretty clueless about them otherwise.

I like to play it while having lunch and needing something to just mindlessly stare at for awhile.

It's no ETS2, but it's enjoyable enough for the 3 bucks or so I spent on the 2014 version.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2015, 12:59 Creston

WoodroweBones19 wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 12:52:
Someone asked earlier about smoke detectors that can connect to the internet. Yes there is the Nest detectors (both Smoke and CO). I have 2 in our home. You can also go all out and get a Nest thermostat. The devices will work with each other to determine when people are home or not and adjust temps accordingly. The thermostat is next on my purchase list

EDIT: There are 2 versions of "Nest". Wired and battery. The wired version does still have batteries in the event of a power outage and will even alert you when power outages happen!

I have a nest thermostat. Great little device. The amount of times I've left home, been halfway to work and thought "Shit, I didn't turn the heat/air down" have been too many to count. Used to be I'd sit at work irritated at heating/cooling my house for no reason. Now I just do a few taps on the phone and voila.

I also like their pretty smart system where if the airconditioning is going, it'll turn off the compressor but leave the fan going for about another 2 minutes or so, to blow all the cool air that's in the pipes into your house rather than letting it go to waste.

Finally, because it's connected to the internet, it knows what the temperature is outside, and thus I can have it automatically switch between the heat pump and the emergency/auxiliary heat, where before I'd have to switch my system to emergency heat and if it got warm enough during the day where it could switch back, I wouldn't be home to flip the switch.

It cost me ~350 bucks to install, and I'm pretty sure I made that back in a year in electricity costs saved.

(Only warning: They're not great with heat pumps. If you have a heat pump system, just configure the thing manually rather than letting the nest system do it itself, because it's terrible. It'd run the heat pump when it was 5 degrees F outside, let it run for an hour, thus blowing frigidly cold air into my house for an hour, before finally realizing "Hey, it's not getting any warmer. Maybe I should turn on the auxiliary heat?" Then the aux heat would need to run for three hours to get the temperature back up to where I'd set it, after which the cycle would repeat. Fucking terrible system. Just program it yourself to use heat pump above a certain temperature and auxiliary below a certain temperature.)

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
34. Re: Mad Max Trailer Apr 24, 2015, 11:56 Creston

While I understand people's concerns about the AC style of fighting, I'm kind of wondering how else you'd imagine a game fight going? If every enemy attacked you at once, you'd get the wonderful Gothic 3 infinite-stunlock-to-death thing going.

I don't have a problem with the "they attack one at a time" thing, as long as those attacks are varied enough that it's not just "Hit X to counter kill" to defeat all of them.

I thought Sleeping Dogs did a very good job in that aspect. Lots of different moves for you to work with, and several different counters and strategies needed for different enemies.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month
10. Re: Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month Apr 24, 2015, 11:52 Creston

Linksil wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 10:47:
Spending the money on a HOTAS is one of the reasons I haven't bothered picking this up yet. That and already having quiet a few extras plugged into the computer already... I need to almost build a second desk just to hold the addons.

You know you're a PC Gamer when...

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2015, 11:48 Creston

Huh, I had no idea. Thanks, Blue!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2015, 11:46 Creston

nin wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 11:26:
Another good pet adoption story:

Dog Who Interrupted MotoGP Practice Session Has Found A Loving Home

I actually drove a hundred miles a couple of weekends ago to adopt a new pet. She's two or three, and extremely even tempered and loving. It baffles me why someone didn't want her around. But their loss is my gain!

ADOPT, PEOPLE!

Amen. We have two dogs and a cat that we've adopted, and we're thinking about adopting two more puppies in a few years when our current dogs are in their senior years.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2015, 11:46 Creston

Also, hint to airline captains: If you're diving 20000 feet because you're worried about a loss of cabin pressure, ANNOUNCE THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE DOING! That way the people on board your plane don't think they are plummeting to their deaths and pass out from fear.

This really doesn't seem that hard to frikkin' comprehend.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2015, 11:41 Creston

Smoke detectors have an expiration date...?

How do I find out what that date is? Is it on the unit somewhere?

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 2015, 11:46.

News Comments > etc.
1. First paid mod pulled Apr 24, 2015, 11:40 Creston

Well, it didn't take long for that to start blowing the fuck up.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 24, 2015, 11:34 Creston

Fuck you, Comcast.

31. Re: Mad Max Trailer Apr 23, 2015, 22:43 Creston

Btw, I can't remember, this is single player, right?

It looks very good.

28. Re: Mad Max Trailer Apr 23, 2015, 18:26 Creston

I doubt it'll be like Just Cause. They're looking to go for a more serious vibe with this.

But even so, the engine that runs Just Cause 2 is fucking phenomenal, and it had plenty of things to do, so where that's concerned this game should be fine.

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
54. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 18:25 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 18:03:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 17:51:
Creston wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 17:36:
Wouldn't 99.99999% of all games prohibit a modder charging for his/her mods to begin with?

That's the big question. Hell even Blizzard went after UI mod makers who were charging money.

Third time I'm answering this, lol... BETHESDA IS IN ON IT. Any other game that supports selling mods through the Workshop will also involve the developer/publisher consenting to it and taking a cut of the proceeds. They even get the final say on what the price will be and how much the modder receives, as per the the Revenue Sharing terms:

If your Contribution is distributed for a fee (whether in-Application or via the Steam Workshop), you may be entitled to receive a portion of the Adjusted Gross Revenue (as defined below) that is collected for the Contribution. The percentage of Adjusted Gross Revenue that you are entitled to receive will be determined by the developer/publisher of the Application associated with the Workshop to which you have submitted your Contribution (“Publisher”), and will be described on the applicable Workshop page.

The Publisher will have the ultimate discretion to determine the suggested retail price for your Contribution. In the case of Contributions distributed directly via the Steam Workshop, Valve and/or the Publisher may choose to offer you price categories from which you can choose a suggested retail price for your Contribution.

Thanks for digging that up.

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
46. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 17:36 Creston

Wouldn't 99.99999% of all games prohibit a modder charging for his/her mods to begin with?  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 23, 2015, 10:56 Creston

Redmask wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 07:23:
Sorry to interrupt your circle jerk but you guys know that much of the time the promo material comes from the developer directly and that its largely clueless marketing people who are put in charge of releasing it, right? I think the Xbox One is a giant piece of shit but I doubt there was any conspiracy to deceive anyone here, just stupidity.

Not even marketoids are illiterate. Well, most of them aren't, anyway. The letters PC Footage and Xbox One Footage don't really look very much alike...

25506 Comments. 1276 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo