Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 22958 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 23, 2014, 00:53 Creston

Shok wrote on Jun 22, 2014, 21:53:
X Rebirth is on the 9PM est flash sale...for $25 lol. Gonna wait till next summer sale after more patching and get it for 5 dolla.

Yeah, do not buy that for 25 bucks. It's in no way, shape or form worth more than $2.50.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MS: "We Are Continuing to Support the GFWL Service"
24. Re: MS: Jun 23, 2014, 00:50 Creston

The_Pink_Tiger wrote on Jun 22, 2014, 19:41:
I mean, it's not as if Microsoft has to worry about limited resources; they could have easily supported both platforms.

Sure, but they don't want to. They said very very early in Xbox's life cycle that their vision was office work on the PC, games on the Xbox. That's what they wanted, and thus that's the only thing they pursued.

Windows is still the heart of Microsoft's empire (despite all the money poured into it,it certainly isn't the XBox division, which continues to lose money)

It makes money now, but it's nowhere near in comparison to Office, Windows, Exchange and even Azure, no.

and PC gaming was one reason people stuck with Windows; their games didn't run well on the alternatives.

No, it wasn't, and people really need to stop believing that. For all their stupidity, and they do some REALLY fucking stupid things, and have had some REALLLLLLY stupid people in charge, MS is not that dumb. If PC gaming was their prime revenue driver, they wouldn't have let utterly ignored it like they have.

The (sad) reality is that PC gaming is nothing compared to the money they make on Enterprise licensing. If it wasn't for the OEM deals that still make them money, I'm fairly sure MS would have completely given up on gaming on Windows long ago. In the grand scheme of things, it just doesn't make them that much money, and that's why they never put any kind of effort into it.

Which is fine, it's understandable, in the end they need to make money, I just can't fathom why they keep feeling the need to repeat that lie to utter absurdity. Seriously, they've gone BEYOND the Boy Who Cries Wolf now. They've literally been parroting this tale since 2006, sometimes multiple times a year, and they do FUCK.ALL.

I don't think it is a coincidence that Microsoft's domination of the desktop began to slip when they made it clear that gaming on the PC was no longer a priority.

No, that really has nothing to do with it. The #1 reason MS no longer utterly dominates the desktop the way they do is price. They are simply too expensive with their licensing. Not just the price per seat license, but then the horseshit you have to go through if you have a license for an older product, and MS simply tells you that that license is no longer valid, and if you wish to keep using it (say, Project, or Visio), you HAVE to upgrade to the latest version. (my own company is going through that right now. Probably around 500 licenses that we're having to upgrade, at an average cost of 3-400 bucks each.)

That's what's been driving certain enterprises to different solutions.

They deliberately slaughtered their golden goose - Windows, with 99% control of the home PC market

Windows is doing just fine (well, Windows 8 isn't, but Windows 7 is dominating, and XP is still hanging on). MS doesn't really care about the home market. It's an easy revenue source to do OEM deals, but other than that, it's just not interesting for them. Enterprise is where they make their money, and where they are still focused.

As for games, they still think they can dominate the living room, but the continuous setbacks with the failbox SHOULD at some point demonstrate to them that their utopian vision of every living room with a failbox, and people paying fees for literally every single fucking thing they do with it, is just not going to fly anymore. They've been having to withdraw those horseshit paywalls of theirs like crazy.

Maybe in ten more years they'll wake up.

23. Re: MS: Jun 23, 2014, 00:38 Creston

DangerDog wrote on Jun 22, 2014, 16:12:
They hired that one guy from Steam/Valve but I think I read that he already has quit.

He did. Like four months after he was hired. he works for Oculus now.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 22, 2014, 14:23 Creston

MWAHAHAHAHAHAA SKYRIM WILL NEVER DIE!

Bethesda peon: We're totally focused on consoles, because we never sell anything on the PC.

Rolleyes

9. Re: MS: Jun 22, 2014, 14:19 Creston

We remain committed to investing in PC gaming in the years ahead

Go fuck yourselves. Please.

News Comments > GameStar: Crytek in Financial Trouble
12. Re: GameStar: Crytek in Financial Trouble Jun 22, 2014, 14:17 Creston

For awhile, all they did was open new studios everywhere, but no extra games seemed to be coming out of the company. So really not that surprising.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2014, 02:40 Creston

nin wrote on Jun 21, 2014, 21:14:
Been waiting on the Skyrim expansions to go on sale, and even at $10 each, I had a hard time pulling the trigger.

Grabbed the Legendary edition on steam for $13.59, which basically gave me the two I didn't have for $6.80 each. Not a bad deal...

Dragonborn is a ridiculous steal for $10! (Even Dawnguard offers a ton of content for that money, but I know not everyone likes it.)

Dragonborn, however, is awesome, and is an easy 15-20 hours of Elder Scrolls at its finest. (With the exception of Cthulhu's realm, as that's just the same shit over and over and over again.)

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 20, 2014, 21:39 Creston

That deal's already sold out.  

News Comments > GRID Autosport Trailer
8. Re: GRID Autosport Trailer Jun 20, 2014, 16:22 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 14:34:
USTS?

As for Grid yeah it looks promising on paper but I'll see ones the game is out how it is.
From all the preview vids I've seen the Ai is pretty terrible. I know the preview build is not final but still it should be somewhat decent at least.

US Truck Simulator. The next one they're working on.

Yeah, I'm not buying this unseen. I wouldn't put it past codemasters to just put the fucking rubber banding back in because they can't write AI for shit.

5. Re: GRID Autosport Trailer Jun 20, 2014, 14:30 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 12:51:
No you don't Race

YOU EVIL WRETCH!!!

Fortunately that's just the predecessor to ETS2, so I can skip it. But USTS is looking really frigging awesome, so I may just get that when it comes out... Sigh

Also read a preview of Grid Autosport, and it has longer races as options, qualifying laps, more sim-like handling, assists and everything. Only thing I need to hear is that it has no rubberbanding and I'll pick that up too... Sigh Sigh Sigh

3. Re: GRID Autosport Trailer Jun 20, 2014, 12:48 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 22:59:
I think there is practice/qualification/race weekend in this one so you do not have to start from the back.

Oooohhhh.... No... NO I HAVE TOO MANY GAMES ALREADY NOOOO!!!!!

News Comments > All Backers Get Wasteland 2 Beta Access
14. Re: All Backers Get Wasteland 2 Beta Access Jun 20, 2014, 12:46 Creston

I'll wait.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2014, 12:38 Creston

That doggie pool party put a smile on my face that's staying there the rest of the day.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 20, 2014, 12:34 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 11:47:
Creston wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 11:42:
But no, keep voting for Feinstein and her ilk!

That being said (no argument) she wasn't part of this vote.

I wasn't sure if she was, and couldn't really be bothered to look it up, so that's why I added "and her ilk."

You know she'll vote against it when it comes across her desk.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 PC Graphics Gimped
31. Re: Far Cry 4 PC Graphics Gimped Jun 20, 2014, 12:32 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 11:43:
"We develop on PC primarily, which is actually unusual. With Assassin’s Creed, we develop on console,"

OMG. I'd jump off a cliff trying to type a whole game with a game-pad. No wonder games get delayed.

Giggle

7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 20, 2014, 11:44 Creston

Pigeon wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 10:05:
"A full 56% of Americans oppose the merger, and only 11% of respondents were in favor of it.... three quarters of respondents — 74% — believe that the merger will increase cable and internet prices for everyone."

What's amazing is that 11% of the country apparently either works for Comcast or gets paid by them for their vote.

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 20, 2014, 11:42 Creston

Those 123 that voted against it should IMMEDIATELY be voted out of office at the next possible opportunity.

But no, keep voting for Feinstein and her ilk!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 20, 2014, 11:40 Creston

T-Mobile is polling customers about which services they would like added to the unlimited streaming program.

Let me make it easy for you, T-Mobile, so you don't have to wait for the results of that poll. (Nor pay a polling company 200000 dollars for it).

Which services should be added? FUCKING ALL OF THEM.

News Comments > EA on "Unacceptable" BF4 Launch
17. Re: EA on Jun 20, 2014, 11:34 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 09:22:
Yeah how hard is it to launch a DLC without issues?

For EA? Holy shit, it's apparently like coming up with the Grand Unification theory for them. I don't think ANY of the DLC released for either Dragon Age Origins, Mass Effect 2 or Mass Effect 3 worked right out of the gate.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 PC Graphics Gimped
25. Re: Far Cry 4 PC Graphics Gimped Jun 20, 2014, 11:32 Creston

harlock wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 11:29:
but really, id prefer a full length blood dragon sequel.. i thought some of those guys were trying to get that started

I don't know that it'll be full length, but Ubi has basically coyly been saying that there will likely be something like Blood Dragon coming out of FC4.

22958 Comments. 1148 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo