Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 24485 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
24. Re: Game Reviews Dec 2, 2014, 15:58 Creston

Verno wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 13:14:
Blackwall

I hate Blackwall. He's about as interesting as a character as a sack of turnips, and that irritating BLAM, WALL OF BLACKWALLS! shit he does ALWAYS causes my own attacks to get blocked.

My Archer Rogue is just an absolute monster in terms of damage/utility. Not sure what I will do for a second playthrough. Melee combat is really tedious for me until they patch the game up, I might just do a Rift Mage or something.

Rift Mage is fun. Unlimited spell casting, basically. One thing though, if you go Mines, disable or respec the warriors so they can't do that grappling hook thingy anymore. Because they will yank enemies off your mines 0.0002 seconds before they explode so fucking often you'll swear they're secretly working for the bad guys...

My favorite zone so far (without getting into spoilers) is Crestwood. Cool zone quest there and a lot going on plus one of the cooler dragons.

I really loved the (secret) way the storm ended and it all became beautifully sun drenched after you finish the main zone quest.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
24. Re: Op Ed Dec 2, 2014, 15:48 Creston

panbient wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 15:36:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 14:22:
Hahahahaha it will still be the same hooks and yaughts I predicted last year.

Dude... spell it with me - Y-A-C-H-T - yacht. For someone who keeps using the word you should really learn how to spell it correctly once and for all.

He could also apply for a job at Ten Ton Hammer.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 2, 2014, 13:15 Creston

The group, which describes itself as "kings" of distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks

"We can put an IP address in LOIC! We're the KINGS OF DDOS!!!!!"

Shitwheels.

News Comments > Game Reviews
10. Re: Game Reviews Dec 2, 2014, 13:10 Creston

Honestly, don't try to do every zone with one character. You will drastically outlevel the content, making it way too easy. I hadn't gone into the Exalted Plains until level 20, only to find it's a maximum level 11 zone. It's quite amusing to see five Shades standing there trying their hardest to damage my barrier, but it does get a tad boring after a bit.

I'd recommend just picking a few zones for a character, clearing those, then doing the main mission. It's much like Skyrim in that way, as I can't imagine many people would do all of Skyrim's content on every character. Instead, you pick and choose.

Really the only bug I have in the game is that sometimes in combat (always near a rift, and it always seems to be when a despair demon is around), my computer hard locks up and reboots. It's happened four or five times or so in 80 hours of play, so hardly massive, but it's still really fucking irritating.

Oh, and occasionally the game will crash when trying to "connect to the dragon age servers", but EA doesn't know shit about running servers, so that was probably to be expected. Other than that it's running fine on Ultra++

Never ran into the banter bug, fortunately. My guys talk my ears off. Solas and Varric talk so much that I feel like shouting at them to shut the fuck up sometimes.

The Dragons are awesome, but too dependent on level to be a challenge. If you're a few levels above them, they basically become pushovers, but I did Vinsomer at level 15 and dear God was that battle hard. Took 40 something minutes, and several times I had to just stand there and Knight-Enchanter cheese to stay alive. It was quite fun to help a party member back up only to watch them just die again three seconds later. Poor Cassandra.

Btw, Sword&Board warriors become virtually immortal by high level. Cassandra was being mauled by TWO level 19 Giants, and her Guard barely blipped. (admittedly, Solas and I were hitting her with Barriers constantly) She has monstrous armor, a shield that gives guard on hit, a sword that gives guard on hit, a ring of health drain, and some other stuff. It's almost comical how much abuse she can take.

Thanks for the script, Darks, will try it out tonight!

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Dec 2, 2014, 12:55 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 12:29:

The game is paid for now.

I'm not sure that's the case. This is a massive game with a massive scope and massive team they keep adding to.

Well, but that's kind of the whole point. They've gotten 65 million in funding, and that SHOULD be enough to make the game largely as they've promised it so far. That's how a crowd-funded game works. If you give us X amount of money, we can make game Y. But according to Roberts, the only way the game will get made is ***if*** people keep dumping money into it. People have given 65X money, but apparently even though that was supposed to fund 65Y game, it's not actually doing that. It's funding a portion of 65Y, and 65Y only gets made if more funds come in.

It's so far from the concept of how a crowd-funded game should work, it really shouldn't even be called that anymore.

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Dec 2, 2014, 12:10 Creston

because they want them to sale

CIG could just as easily went and discounted the package

The game WILL NOT consumer the current budget

They got basically the SAME AMOUNT they asked for to even make the game

Holy hell, if you're going on a massive rant, at least use PROPER FUCKING ENGLISH. What the hell kind of Swahili nonsense is this?

However, as to the point, eh, nothing SC does surprises me anymore. Nor does it surprise me that there are people willing to pay 2500 bucks for (apparently) an empty hull for a game that may never actually live to see the light of day.

News Comments > Peter Molyneux Hitting The Trail
7. Re: Peter Molyneux Hitting The Trail Dec 2, 2014, 11:57 Creston

Peter Molyneux Hitting The Pipe is more like it.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 2, 2014, 00:15 Creston

In case you've ever wondered how game developers keep pissing away so much money

Flying over from the headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, Sundberg tries to visit the New York branch of the studio every month to keep up on the development of Just Cause 3 and make the trans-atlantic studio feel more unified.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Dec 2, 2014, 00:13 Creston

Acleacius wrote on Dec 1, 2014, 21:58:
zenimax is *******, still won't put the dlc content on sale for 75%, after more than 3 years. Flamethrower

Dude, it's 5 bucks more. Dragonborn is easily worth the 20 bucks they charged for it, much less the $10 that it's been on sale for a dozen times already.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 1, 2014, 21:38 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Dec 1, 2014, 21:25:
Elonis, a former amusement park worker, insisted that he did not mean to frighten his ex-wife and that the rants were merely a way to blow off steam.

None of the justices appeared to agree.

I'm on the side of the justices here. I'm just so tired of people threatening things for which they'd be arrested if they did it in person.

Yeah, fuck that asshole. Threatens to watch his wife bleed to death from "a thousand little cuts", that he's going to cut the throat of an FBI agent who investigated him, and that he would perpetrate "the most heinous school shooting" at a fucking KINDERGARTEN, then goes "it wasn't meant to frighten anyone! It was just rap lyrics!"

Fucking useless piece of shit.

News Comments > The Crew Launch Trailer
1. Re: The Crew Launch Trailer Dec 1, 2014, 21:30 Creston

And remember, there is no embargo on reviews once the game is launched! We're Ubisoft, your pals!

News Comments > Fortnite Alpha Begins Tomorrow
1. Re: Fortnite Alpha Begins Tomorrow Dec 1, 2014, 21:29 Creston

This is only in alpha? Haven't they been working on this for like three or four years already?  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Balance Patch Coming
9. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Balance Patch Coming Dec 1, 2014, 17:16 Creston

"Press F to feel" about the balance patch.  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $65M
40. Re: Star Citizen at $65M Dec 1, 2014, 11:21 Creston

Beamer wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 20:54:
The Pyro wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 20:46:
Oh for the good old days, when comments lambasted the audacity of a game developer who dared debut their new AAA title at $60 instead of the more standard $50. Was it a Blizzard game that was the first? I can't remember...

I still hope to enjoy playing SC some day. But the wackiness of this funding campaign (anniversary sales on content before the game is even released? madness!) just keeps getting more surreal.

Doom3, I believe.

For the PC, yeah. Consoles had raised the bar to 60 bucks a while before.

News Comments > Defense Grid 2 Demo
7. Re: Defense Grid 2 Demo Dec 1, 2014, 11:14 Creston

panbient wrote on Dec 1, 2014, 08:02:
Slashman wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 23:12:
I don't understand the decision to remove flying creatures. That was a head scratcher.

Personally I hated them and I'm glad to hear they're gone. For the most part it just forced the player to add a single fully upgraded Missile tower to the mix, maybe 2 on the last maps. There was no depth or strategy involved.

Except there was, because the scoring system allowed for said strategy. Sure, you could have wasted 1400 (IIRC) resources on a fully upgraded missile tower. You could have also put several gun/cannon turrets in their flight paths, then try to path the ground critters in such a way that they arrive at said gun/cannon towers at a different time than the flyers do. Such a solution was fun to figure out, and it led to notably higher scores.

No such interesting tactics in DG2, though. Just plonk down as many towers as you can afford, the second you can afford them, and at the end you may/may not have a better score than your previous game, or really anyone at random.

DG2 is terrible.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 1, 2014, 11:08 Creston

We're 100% committed!! (As long as it keeps selling.)

Too bad you fuckers weren't 100% committed to making sure it worked out of the fucking box. Three weeks and your shit is still broken.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Nov 30, 2014, 16:28 Creston

"The case for why we're really a bunch of console shills."  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
9. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 29, 2014, 17:45 Creston

Never heard of these Rightscorp clowns, and I think they're going to regret suing an ISP. As the article correctly points out, if the court strikes down their lawsuit it takes away basically the only leverage the content providers have, and all the ISPs will start just auto-deleting these extortion emails rather than forwarding them.

That said, I will say that at least the extortionist business seems to have wised up to what constitutes a reasonable penalty fee, as these guys let you settle for 20 bucks a song, which is far more in the line of actual sanity than the previous "you downloaded 9 songs! YOU OWE US SIXTY-SEVEN MILLION DOLLARS!!!" horseshit these cuntbuckets continuously tried to destroy peoples' lives with.

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Nov 29, 2014, 17:27 Creston

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 29, 2014, 11:13:
Soo... AC4:Black Flag, worth it? I know it has Uplay attached, and some people are saying it has bugs also, but I also hear it's pretty damned good. Opionions?

Never ran into any bugs, and it's a great game. The pirate stuff alone is awesome, and the AC stuff is some of the best in the series, though there are WAAAAAAY too many of the hideously irritating "evesdrop" missions.

Still, it's definitely worth it. It's a ten times better game than Unity is.

News Comments > Thanksgiving Consolidation
4. Re: Thanksgiving Consolidation Nov 28, 2014, 00:48 Creston

Ubisoft's way of patching performance is apparently to just disable every single dynamic light source in a level, thereby making everything look terrible.

I gotta say, when they get determined to become the shittiest publisher, they don't take half measures. They go balls to the fucking wall all-out with shitty decisions, and make sure they get there in a single year. No puttering about for these guys.

24485 Comments. 1225 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo