Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 23366 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Beta Underway
10. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Beta Underway Aug 14, 2014, 12:49 Creston

Rigs wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 11:23:
I absolutely LOVED GalCiv2...I mean, adored it! I think I've played more GC2 than really any non-sim I ever come across. That said, GC3 isn't looking like the quantum leap that the original reveal trailer had me thinking it would be. It's been nearly 10 years since the previous game and I can understand wanting to keep the aesthetic and theme of the game the same so that it's familiar to returning players and easier to pick up for new players, but every video I've watched, from trailers to gameplay videos to let's play's to live streams...it looks like a slightly updated GC2. I'm really hoping that they did some amazing work under the hood or in areas I haven't seen yet because what I do see isn't making me confident that this sequel to a sequel couldn't have been a really late expansion pack...

=-Rigs-=

The big update is just the sheer scope. Galciv 2 could handle a few thousand "actors" (ships, planets, space stations, rebels, etc) in its engine before it would crap out. This engine is solely 64 bit, and built from the ground up to handle hundreds of thousands of actors. So the entire scope of the game will increase by an incredible amount.

Other than having actual combat, what really needed dramatic overhauls or improvements in Galciv2? It was already pretty darn great.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Game Announced
18. Re: OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Game Announced Aug 14, 2014, 12:15 Creston

SlimRam wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 20:11:
Well, when the zombie apocalypse does finally fall upon us, we're all going to be God damned pros at taking them bastards out.

Yup. I've told my colleagues that if the zombies come, we'll barricade the two ground floors in our skyscraper, then go out on sorties to reclaim a street (while barricading it) that leads to the nearest patch of ground where we can cultivate vegetables for food, and we'll make a zipline down there for easy access.

They all look at me like I'm crazy, but when that time comes, THEY'LL THANK ME!!

Anyway, eh, another zombie game.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers
8. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 11:41 Creston

Leper wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 11:26:
I liked the first two, but they had their annoyances. Things like the inventory system was cumbersome and the steps required to drink a potion. Also, I didn't really care for the combat in the second one as it felt too realistic or something. These are games after all and the primary gameplay should be fun. The first Witcher's combat was fun even if it was a little odd. I'm sure this will be great for a lot of reasons, but I really hope they worked on these other things.

You are probably the only person in the world who prefers Witcher 1's combat over Witcher 2's combat.

Anyway, they've based the combat in 3 off of the "realistic combat" mod that one of their devs made for 2, so if you're hoping it would go back in the direction of the combat in 1, I'm going to have to disappoint you.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2014, 11:39 Creston

<3 Jennifer Hale. Love how she keeps having fun with Shepard's iconic "I should go".

Also, Miracle of Sound is pretty awesome, he has some really excellent songs about games.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 14, 2014, 11:29 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 10:30:
About the Madden, that was a rule change a while back, if the defender catches the ball in the field of play and falls into the endzone it was a safety, it was bull shit but it was. The play that made them review and change it was Charles Woodson of the Raiders against Seattle INT the ball running with the WR on a deep fly, he caught it around the 3 and their momentum ran them into the endzone where he was touched while on the ground. Result was a safety and millions of Raider fans pissed off as the play cost them a W.

In this case the ref was wrong, forgot the rule and will be reprimanded in NYC offices the following week.

That's the kind of shit that starts happening when you come up with 87 new stupid rules each year. Eventually they become so ludicrous that not even guys who are supposed to know them for their JOBS can keep up with them anymore.

And yeah, the "interception in the end zone is ball at your own 20 yard line, but intercept outside the end zone and fall into the end zone and it's a safety" rule was always complete horseshit. Did they finally change it?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 14, 2014, 11:25 Creston

He's right. Every game should be 4K.

rather than forcing a developer to reach a number that is perceived by the public as ideal.

It's not just "perceived" as ideal, dumb fucking schmuck, most people have a 1080p TV. Therefore, and try to keep up, if your game runs at 1080p, it runs at the TV's native resolution and that's ALWAYS going to look better than having it be upscaled. It may just be a small difference, sure, but it's there.

Maybe if you'd spend a little less time on your dumb-ass camera toy which you've now fully abandoned, and a little more time on making sure your "next-gen" console would actually have some power to do some games justice, you wouldn't have to be sitting there coming up with all kinds of retarded bullshit excuses for why your failbox sucks.

This comment was edited on Aug 14, 2014, 11:34.

6. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 11:24 Creston

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 11:13:
Creston wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 10:54:
Please don't pull a Ubisoft and the final game looks only half as good as this...
I know you're cynical man, but has CDP ever done us wrong on their games? Faith, it's not needed in this case.

No, they're awesome, but I WANT it to look this good and play this good, so that's why I'm hoping this isn't just trailer fud.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Trailers
6. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 11:15 Creston

InBlack wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 09:58:
Not sure if this would be the right thread to ask but here it goes anyway.

Just finished watching Black Sails Season 1, and Im seriously stoked for some Man-O-War action on the high seas.

Is there a Naval PC game out there that can cater to my needs? So basically looking for a kind of "Pirates!" game.

AC4 black flag has the best naval combat, imo, but Rogue will apparently be just about the same game (same models, same enemies, they really did just about 2% work on this game), and the environments are much, MUCH better looking. So you'd probably want to hold off for Rogue.

As much as I loved the naval combat, and would likely love Rogue, I'm definitely not going to start buying two AC games per year.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Beta Underway
4. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Beta Underway Aug 14, 2014, 11:11 Creston

Awesome that it's in Beta already.

1. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 10:54 Creston

Please don't pull a Ubisoft and the final game looks only half as good as this...  

News Comments > The Evil Within Season Pass Details
7. Re: The Evil Within Season Pass Details Aug 13, 2014, 20:38 Creston

I don't think LA Noir had a season pass, tbh, but it's been awhile so I may be mistaken.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 13, 2014, 20:32 Creston

Anyone who gave Robin Williams' daughter abuse will hopefully die of agonizingly painful ass-cancer in the next two weeks.

And as for Comcast, shit, they're just doing what SCOTUS told them to do. Why the fuck do FCC commissioners show up to shit like that? Oh wait, I forgot, they work for the cable industry.

And finally, OMG, Y512K!!!!

This comment was edited on Aug 13, 2014, 20:39.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 13, 2014, 20:31 Creston

I know. Don, please go back to Microsoft. Since you've been gone they've actually done a few sensible things, and it's less enjoyable that way.

There are plenty of plates of crow left to eat, so kindly go back and fuck some more shit up.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 13, 2014, 20:30 Creston

Has anyone called the cops yet? They know names and everything from these clowns. Put them in fucking jail and let them enjoy it for a year or 10.

News Comments > BioWare Announces Shadow Realms
37. Re: BioWare Announces Shadow Realms Aug 13, 2014, 16:45 Creston

NKD wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 16:27:
Frankly it's very unusual for a major developer to show pre-alpha footage at all. I get the impression they are trying to start showing things early enough that they can actually make changes based on feedback. Usually from Bioware (or any other larger studio) you don't see any real gameplay until a few months before release and the game is basically in a finished state.

Well, EA did say they were thinking about the whole Early Access process, so maybe this is their trial run with it or something.

Still, it's infuriating to see people shitting on something based on a few blurbs and some pre-alpha gameplay.

I'll admit it doesn't look great, but it's in pre-alpha, so...

A four player vs 1 enemy player Diablo-type game that you can play in easy spurts of say 10-20 minutes could be quite fun, as long as you can stay away from having to pug.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2014, 16:24 Creston

The 'soldiers come home to ecstatic doggies' compilation made it a little dusty in here... Cry

News Comments > BioWare Announces Shadow Realms
33. Re: BioWare Announces Shadow Realms Aug 13, 2014, 16:21 Creston

Eh, it's in pre-alpha, so the final product will undoubtedly look little to nothing like this. It looks like over-the-shoulder Diablo, only this time there'll be a DM running around as well. Still seems interesting.

News Comments > The Evil Within Season Pass Details
1. Re: The Evil Within Season Pass Details Aug 13, 2014, 16:15 Creston

Buy a season pass now! No details on what will be in it, and it may not even be available on your system of choice! BUY NOW!

Fools and their monies...

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 13, 2014, 14:40 Creston

nin wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 18:32:
Creston wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 18:24:
Well, Ballmer can't be any worse than Donald Sterling, that's for sure.

It's true! He'll throw a chair at you no matter what color your skin is!

Only if you work for Google.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2014, 14:29 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 14:27:
I was not looking forward at all to the original cast being in the new Star Wars movie, but I have to say, Mark Hamill looks like a total Jedi master with his full beard.

Now wait until you see Leia's beard...

23366 Comments. 1169 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo