Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 25501 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Jun 24, 2015, 19:15 Creston

Krovven wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 17:27:
I found this snippet interesting.

It seems like Tale of Tales survived through all these years mostly due to the governmental grants. When that ended, the studio decided to make their first commercial game, and thatís how Sunset was born.

So, they survived off tax payers money in the name of making art. When that went away they tried to make a "commercial" video game and failed, so they lash out and blame it on the consumers.

Holy shit. Fuck these hipster assclowns.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Evolve Hunter Ushers in Price Cuts
12. Re: New Evolve Hunter Ushers in Price Cuts Jun 24, 2015, 17:43 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 15:47:
Joss wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 14:06:
Creston wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 12:13:
This retarded nickel and dime (more like nickel and a hundred bucks) scheme this game has displayed from the start has been a sad vision of where the gaming industry seems to be heading.
They're learning the hard way. Same with the movie industry.

How does the movie industry nicke and dime? You mean concession prices?

Nah. raised prices for prime time showings, raised prices for 3D (even when it's forced on you), raised prices for Imax, 1 dollar "convenience fee" if you order tickets online etc.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update
34. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update Jun 24, 2015, 16:18 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 11:17:
Here's the inevitable, SHOCKING interview with a Rocksteady developer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBngocx0DhI

That didn't take long. I still cry laughing every time I see yet another iteration of this video.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront 3 PC Footage
22. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 3 PC Footage Jun 24, 2015, 16:08 Creston

Looks very nice. Hopefully they won't pull a UBI, but even if they won't, they'll still pull an EA/Dice and it'll still run like shit for a year.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2015, 12:31 Creston

but it does serve as a warning that one of these days I may end up with problems updating if one of these blackouts strikes the BlueTower.

What???! ... No!!

News Comments > New Evolve Hunter Ushers in Price Cuts
7. Re: New Evolve Hunter Ushers in Price Cuts Jun 24, 2015, 12:13 Creston

How about you sell the entire game, with all monsters and hunters, and the season 2 whatever, all together for 40 bucks? Maybe people would buy it then.

This retarded nickel and dime (more like nickel and a hundred bucks) scheme this game has displayed from the start has been a sad vision of where the gaming industry seems to be heading.

News Comments > Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed
9. Re: Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed Jun 24, 2015, 12:11 Creston

Verno wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 12:00:
I like what the new director has been doing with D3, some missteps but mostly positive stuff. Big improvement from the Wilson days. It's a much better game now than it was at release and can't argue with the value proposition or support.

It's a lot of fun on the console with local co-op.

News Comments > Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed
5. Re: Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed Jun 24, 2015, 11:37 Creston

Torment X... o_O

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update
12. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update Jun 24, 2015, 10:12 Creston

"Here are the recommended specs. If you have these specs, we recommend that you switch everything to low, 1080p, and try not to get more than 30fps."

What a fucking joke.

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Jun 23, 2015, 17:39 Creston

Here's another idea: What if Kotaku just...stopped for a bit? And then for a bit longer? And then for a really, really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY long bit?

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Issues
29. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Issues Jun 23, 2015, 16:38 Creston

noting that this may explain why they did not receive review code for the Windows version prior to release

You don't say...

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Pricing Adjusted
11. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Pricing Adjusted Jun 23, 2015, 16:36 Creston

NKD wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 16:32:
Creston wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 14:58:

New players have been the focus for well over a year and a half now, with zero fucks given for the veteran players. This is just the latest chapter in the saga.

I think it's an inherent problem with B2P business model. They are absolutely dependent on selling new copies of the game and getting new blood. Veteran players who aren't paying them jack shit are, in their eyes, just a bunch of freeloaders. Some of them might serve as evangelists for the game, but more likely any friends they would have convinced to come play have already bought in months or years ago.

You need new blood who in return recruit more new blood etc. The only way the title survives is to keep the momentum up.

Yeah, it makes sense for them to do it that way, but it's not great for the people who've played for several years, maybe bought craploads of gems, to be told that they're basically irrelevant and can't you please just go away/die already.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 GotY Becomes Director's Cut
11. Re: Wasteland 2 GotY Becomes Director's Cut Jun 23, 2015, 15:00 Creston

I never played beyond Hollywood, so time for a new playthrough, methinks. Now to just find the time to DO said playthrough...

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Pricing Adjusted
7. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Pricing Adjusted Jun 23, 2015, 14:58 Creston

El Pit wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 12:38:
Dear early buyers of the core game and real fans, we want more money from you for the expansion than from the newbies. Please take this lube and bow in preparation. Thank you for your loyalty.

New players have been the focus for well over a year and a half now, with zero fucks given for the veteran players. This is just the latest chapter in the saga.

News Comments > The Division Preorders & Beta Signups
4. Re: The Division Preorders & Beta Signups Jun 23, 2015, 14:57 Creston

Pre-order now, as we don't have a lot of time left to make it look worse again!

News Comments > Op Ed
25. Re: Op Ed Jun 22, 2015, 23:39 Creston

Saboth wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 18:30:
Creston wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 12:44:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 12:20:
1. Who really thinks in any meaningful % that gov't is efficient at spending tax dollars?

Oh, the government is incredibly efficient at spending tax dollars. In fact, I daresay that the US government is by FAR the most efficient entity in the world when it comes to spending money.

They are very efficient at spending tax dollars. They cannot, however, spend those tax dollars efficiently.

True, but I wouldn't say welfare, food stamps, etc. are waste.

I never said they were. The waste comes from 800 billion people on the government payroll, and shit like the F35.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Unfettered on PCs
30. Re: Fallout 4 Unfettered on PCs Jun 22, 2015, 23:35 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 20:23:
I'd love for them to take pointers from this excellent mod, which vastly improves visuals for little performance impact.

Before I clicked it, I was wondering if you were talking about SMIM, and yep.

Unfortunately, SMIM does have a pretty heavy cost attached to it. Not really performance wise, but budget wise in the engine. It sucks up a huge portion of the ~ 3.5GB of everything the engine can handle.

In the case of SMIM, the limitation would be taking up nearly another gigabyte for higher quality meshes, which could have meant the difference between needing another disc for Xbox 360 or not. Now that they have more leeway in that department, there's a better chance they can incorporate stuff like that into the base game. If not, maybe they'll expand on the idea of providing higher quality assets as free DLC.

Maybe I should've read on.

I sure hope that the next engine is 64 bit, so we can finally stop having their damn games crash. I love Bethesda's games, but every single one of them has crashed out the ass across all 6 or so of my PCs that I've played them on. It's been pretty damn frustrating at times.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jun 22, 2015, 23:28 Creston

The One:1 (one hp for every kg it weighs, 1341) is an absolutely unbelievable car, but it pales next to Koenigsegg's next car, the Regera.

and that sucks about Darryl Hamilton. :\

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2015, 14:56 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 14:01:
Science: Access to electricity Blues News linked with reduced sleep.

Fixed that headline.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Unfettered on PCs
14. Re: Fallout 4 Unfettered on PCs Jun 22, 2015, 14:54 Creston

Anyone who thought that the PC version would actually be locked to 30fps, well... Even IF it was, a mod would kill that shit literally within an hour of the game's launch.

As for the 30fps, I don't think it matters much in a game like FO4. It's not going to be a twitch shooter. Forza Horizons 2 runs at 30fps, and it feels smooth as butter. I don't doubt that FO4 would feel the same way.

All that said, it's still pathetic that this is all the power the "next-gen" can muster.

25501 Comments. 1276 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo