Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 24490 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
35. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2014, 11:30 Creston

Blue wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 07:36:
They always advise testing at first on a small unseen portion of your pet to ensure no dissolving occurs.

My wife and I learned this the hard way. When we had just gotten our puppies (we adopted them when they were an estimated six months old), we got the flea/tick stuff for them that you have to squirt on their necks. I've treated probably more than a dozen dogs with this stuff, never an issue. Treat my girl dog, no problem.

Treat my boy dog, and within minutes he starts trying to scratch, going crazy, etc. So we look, and it's literally like we'd poured acid on him.

We managed to get it off by very, very, very carefully washing him, took him to the emergency vet where they swabbed it and dressed it, and he's fine now, it didn't scar or anything, and he didn't even seem to remember it the next day, but oh my God did we feel terrible.

(We later went back to the vet and we tried three different kinds of that stuff, all progressively more gentle formulas (and this time on very, very small parts of his skin, on his paw) until finally we got one where she said that she'd never heard of a single dog with any allergies to it. My boy dog still would not handle it. So unfortunately we just have to check him for ticks every time he's been outside.)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deus Ex "Dawn" Engine Revealed; DX Universe Clarified
25. Re: Deus Ex Dec 5, 2014, 11:25 Creston

Drayth wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 19:48:
CD's are a state of the art storage device that store lossless audio. Good alternative for when FLAC files aren't available online.

And then 99% of people play that lossless audio over shitty cables/speakers and don't hear the difference anyway.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2014, 11:15 Creston

InBlack wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 09:45:
Happy Ninja day to all the forum Ninjas! You know who you are! Im only a Guru myself, but with luck and a lot of useless posts who knows? One day perhaps I will join your elite ranks

Pfeh, ninjas.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2014, 11:14 Creston

Prez wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 10:27:
Who gets to declare it's "National Whatever" day? And why should I just take their word for it? Every day is "National Something-Or-Other" Day and I am kind of tired of it.

You just declare something a day. I invented Wipe Like You Mean It Day, and it seems to have a pretty good following.

Also, Blue, balaclavas go on sale in April, not December.

News Comments > Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile
10. Re: Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile Dec 5, 2014, 11:11 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 10:19:
panbient wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 10:09:
Please be HD Anachronox with the rest of the story.

Others, far better RPG's come to mind

Bard's Tale
Baldurs Gate
Icewind Dale

Baldur's Gate and IWD are owned by Beamdog now, afaik, so probably no chance for that. And Anachronox was better than Bard's Tale.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 4, 2014, 18:55 Creston

2 Petabytes. Holy hell.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Editor Trailer
1. Re: Far Cry 4 Editor Trailer Dec 4, 2014, 18:51 Creston

Heh, that was actually pretty funny. Looking forward to seeing some cool maps being made (is the editor out yet?)  

News Comments > Dying Light Steep Specs Revealed
4. Re: Dying Light Steep Specs Revealed Dec 4, 2014, 18:46 Creston

This comes out on PS4 and bone, so I fail to see why it would use 16GB of ram unless they make a pisspoor port.

Even so, I'm still excited about this as it looks really cool, and they confirmed they will have Oculus support. (which might genuinely make everyone throw up!)

10. Re: Deus Ex Dec 4, 2014, 17:00 Creston

The sound track was part of the limited edition, so no, you don't have legal access to it. That said, it isn't that expensive to buy, or if you don't want to do that, it's all over youtube.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
37. Re: Game Reviews Dec 4, 2014, 15:51 Creston

I dunno, I think Fire/KE is still king of the hill. I've done 30K with a fire mine...  

7. Re: Deus Ex Dec 4, 2014, 15:49 Creston

The sound track was absolutely fantastic. Actually, I think the whole game was fantastic, but the music... so flipping awesome.  

31. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2014, 15:47 Creston

Blue wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 14:44:
Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 13:16:
Ah, cool. I use Nature's Miracle to clean out any stains when they vomit and such, I didn't realize you could actually wash your dogs in it. Thanks for the tip.

To be clear, the skunk remedy is a different product from the maker of the urine/vomit cleaner.

Ah. That's probably good to know too...

27. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2014, 13:16 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 13:03:
Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 12:57:

If I reincarnated, I'd be a Honey Badger. Because Honey Badger don't give a FUCK!

Actually, according to this scientific documentary, honey badgers don't give a shit. A minor quibble, I realize, but a correction nonetheless.

Curses! Foiled Again!

26. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2014, 13:16 Creston

Ah, cool. I use Nature's Miracle to clean out any stains when they vomit and such, I didn't realize you could actually wash your dogs in it. Thanks for the tip.  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2014, 13:02 Creston

Deus Ex news! Deus Ex news!  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2014, 12:57 Creston

BobBob wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 12:37:
If I had to reincarnate into a land animal (for flying, I'd be a pelican), I'd probably choose to be a skunk. No one bothers a skunk.

That's actually not really true. Most land predators don't bother skunks unless they have nothing else to eat, but many aerial ones do. Hawks and (Great) Owls hunt skunks, because partially the skunk's defense mechanism doesn't work that well against flying targets, and also because some of them don't even really have olfactory senses.

If I reincarnated, I'd be a Honey Badger. Because Honey Badger don't give a FUCK!

34. Re: Game Reviews Dec 4, 2014, 12:37 Creston

Darks wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 12:07:
Well, I can say that the only time I have seen waves come in are those from the Rifts that spawn the demons, but that's about it. And yea, I have seen things or groups re-spawn in that you killed off earlier. Not sure why Bioware elected to do some of that stuff. It would seem that if you cleared an area of Templars that you would only run into the occasional random patrols at times.

That is mostly how it happens, actually. There will be a large number of spawns the first time you go through an area, but once you've cleared a substantial portion of it, the spawn numbers go way down, and you can walk mostly unbothered through large sections of the zone.

As for the wildlife, yes those do re-spawn quiet often, that not a bad thing seeing how the crafting requires certain materials that are needed from those critters.

Yeah but there needs to be a limit to it. I was stuck in an area literally killing Great Bears for 15 minutes because the second I killed one, the next one was already spawned and my idiot AI teammates went to go attack it.

In the Emerald Graves' NE corner, you can fight several Giants, and it always spawns a ton of full-guard brontos too (which is already horseshit, that they spawn with full guard). One bad Chain Lightning and bam, suddenly you're fighting two giants and five brontos. So I kill the brontos, and before I'm even done with the fifth one, three new ones have already spawned again.

It needs to be toned down, because the rate is just ridiculous.

BTW, has anyone else been crafting items? I really like how this works in the game. its been a really nice surprise to make something that actually is an upgrade.

Yeah, plus stuff you find randomly tends to be kinda crappy anyway, so enchanting is about the only way to make something decent. Though I did find a staff with a "On Hit: heal 1% of maximum" on it. With that, I can literally never die.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2014, 12:30 Creston

The lightsaber that gets turned on, gets the side blades, then a back blade, and then side blades for the back blade was pretty hilarious too.  

News Comments > Red Faction Guerilla Patch Removes GFWL
17. Re: Red Faction Guerilla Patch Removes GFWL Dec 4, 2014, 11:57 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 18:18:
Did they fix the sound bug? I mean the one where all sounds are extremely low volume except a FEW sounds close to you? Sounds like you have head in a metal barrel

Am I the only one with that problem? ;p

No, I had that too, but there was always a very easy work-around, though I forget what it was...

32. Re: Game Reviews Dec 4, 2014, 11:49 Creston

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 09:01:
First, thanks to all of you who pointed me in the right direction to getting out of the Hinterlands. I made it to Fallow Mire last night and that was a far more interesting locale. I picked up a nifty axe and a new friend and the veillight beacon puzzle was pretty interesting.

Bioware makes weird decisions sometimes. Why chunk people into your most boring zone at the start of the game? Most previewers who got to play that five-hour stretch of the first part of the game all said that they thought it was boring with shitty quests. Why not show off a great zone to previewers, and more importantly, to your PLAYERS when they start the game? I'll never comprehend these idiot decisions developers make. Don't force someone to slog through 8 hours of boring shit to get to the good parts. PUT THEM IN THE GOOD PARTS STRAIGHT AT THE START.

Mike Laidlaw is an imbecile.

Now, to address that quote...that's still happening in DA:I. One of the things I noticed while stuck in the Hinterlands is that I would be running along and then suddenly BAM...Templars! They would literally just pop-in as they were spawned. Some groups I came across and could see a ways off, which I would expect, but this was obviously a late triggered spawn that threw enemies directly in the middle of my group.

There seems to be an issue with some spawns happening way too often. You can be in a particular area and literally never run out of bears to kill. The second you kill one, the next one spawns like 10 feet away. That's most likely just a bug or something they need to tweak.

But spawning is really about the only way you can do a game like this. You can't possibly make the game place every enemy AI when you enter the zone, then keep track of all of them, as it would bring even the mightiest PCs to their knees (and forget about the bone/ps4).

What is NOT happening in DA:I is that you fight a group of guys, and then randomly 10 more of them just spawn all around you, which is what made DA2 such a horrible piece of shit where combat was concerned. You may have the occasional spawn happen too close to you, but there are no waves of reinforcements.

24490 Comments. 1225 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo