Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 23366 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
25. Re: Op Ed Aug 15, 2014, 11:53 Creston

panbient wrote on Aug 15, 2014, 07:54:
The pacing was messed up where you'd end up finding 3-4 save crystals within an hour long session then you'd end up on a road or a trail or some other thing that totally was 'not' a corridor and couldn't save for at least another hour of grinding to get through.

I've played through X probably 9 or 10 times, and there really isn't any location where it takes that long to find another save crystal... I think the Mi'ihen High Road and Mushroom Rock are two of the longest sections, and if you bash through you'd get to the next save crystal in maybe 10 minutes.

Obviously I'm an expert at FFX, but even if you had never played it, if you just kept walking (and since it's a corridor, you can only go one way) it'd take maybe 15 minutes.

I gave up on it in that maze cave where you had to find all your party members before escaping or they'd be lost for good.

You mean the one that Yevon throws you in after you break up Yuna's wedding? That maze is like four rooms big.

FF 12 on the other hand was excellent in my book and pretty much the perfect combination of 4,6, and 7 that I'd always hoped for.

I hated FF12. I kinda liked the removal of the battle screen, but the story was pants, the characters were pants, and if you disliked X's grinding, I really have no clue how you liked 12, because in 12 you had to grind monsters with 0.0001% drop rates to get certain items.

But obviously to each their own.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer
17. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Aug 15, 2014, 11:16 Creston

Fantaz wrote on Aug 15, 2014, 01:29:
Creston wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 22:30:
Ward wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 19:07:
*Sigh* ...

The naval combat in AC:BF was some of the funnest most inventive gaming i have ever enjoyed. With no naval combat this time around i see no reason for me to be excited

Methinks AC:Rogue is the game for you.

not if you're a PC/next-gen gamer... AC:R is strictly PS3/360!

Ah, I knew it was 360/PS3, but I couldn't remember if they were releasing it on the PC too. Thanks Fantaz.

News Comments > Skylines Announced
6. Re: Skylines Announced Aug 15, 2014, 11:13 Creston

It may not have the greatest past, but that view when they come over the hill and you see that MASSIVE city just beyond it made me perk up.

Let's hope it'll be awesome, so we can all forget that EA abortion called Sim City.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 15, 2014, 11:08 Creston

I'd have considered maybe just making it a better browser, but yeah, just renaming it is much better.

Like the food industry tried to get the FDA to sign off on renaming High Fructose Corn Syrup because there was such a negative connotation to that name.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Beta Underway
33. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Beta Underway Aug 14, 2014, 22:34 Creston

Slashman wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 20:42:
The combat in this better not be crap like GalCiv 2.

It worries me that no one is actually talking about it. Worried

I honestly can't remember if they said you'd have control over it this time or not...

9. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Aug 14, 2014, 22:32 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 22:21:
Tons of easy mode features, can they be turned off?

Most of the UI stuff can be turned off, yeah, and you can just not use some of the other stuff if you don't want to.

Also no one ever see's the assassin jumping up buildings or jumping down? He's like eternally a ghost?

Well, how often do you look straight up?

8. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Aug 14, 2014, 22:30 Creston

Ward wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 19:07:
*Sigh* ...

The naval combat in AC:BF was some of the funnest most inventive gaming i have ever enjoyed. With no naval combat this time around i see no reason for me to be excited

Methinks AC:Rogue is the game for you.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2014, 17:09 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 15:21:
He looks like a Jedi now, whereas pre-beard he looked like Boss Nass.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers
25. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 17:02 Creston

DangerDog wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 15:32:
Creston wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 10:54:
Please don't pull a Ubisoft and the final game looks only half as good as this...

It does look too good to be true, what's the budget for this game anyway?

I don't think they've ever said specific numbers, but it's "by far" their biggest production value game.

29. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Beta Underway Aug 14, 2014, 17:01 Creston

AngelicPenguin wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 15:31:
I never played GalCiv2, but I thought the AI was supposed to be one of the best - no?

It was. Higher diffs did not just mean higher production and economy bonusses, it also meant the AI got more routines turned on. So where on lower diffs it would let you get away with amassing a fleet on its border, on higher diffs it would warn you to take them away or face war, etc.

But yeah, eventually the full AI was on, and then diff levels above that would just get bonusses.

The AI in Galciv 2 was excellent. Even if it stays the same, it'll still be a lot of fun to play against.

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Aug 14, 2014, 14:13 Creston

Total-Khaos wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 13:23:
Anyone else notice this article is more than a year old? Slow news day?

Yes, I did. See two posts below you.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Trailers
14. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 14:12 Creston

Okay, I'll admit it does look a bit different, so my choice of the word "literally" was ill-conceived.

Why are we sailing the same class of ship again, though? The best mission in AC4 was the glorious yet way too brief 5 minutes when you got hold of an actual Man of war and got to unleash 487 million cannons on your hapless opponents.

It still seems super fucking lazy. (though I didn't realize you play as a Templar this time around, which is interesting.)

IF this comes out on the PC, I'll probably pick it up when it's ten bucks or so.

19. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Beta Underway Aug 14, 2014, 14:08 Creston

ASeven wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 13:09:
Creston, have you tried Distant Worlds: Universe? If not, get it right the fuck now! I think you might fall in love with it.

No, I haven't, but I'll check it out. Thanks for the tip.

18. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Beta Underway Aug 14, 2014, 14:07 Creston

Rigs wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 14:04:
Or maybe I'm expecting too much?

Not at all! You should Kickstart that. 25K should see you well on your way.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers
15. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 13:18 Creston

harlock wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 13:14:
i think you mean the "full combat rebalance mod", which actually makes it play much more arcade like and less realistic

You're right, it's not actually realistic at all. I couldn't think of the name of the mod anymore, and I was too lazy to google it.

its more fun tho - more like a responsive video game style

Yeah it makes it a lot more responsive. I liked the combat better with it, but the mod did other things that annoyed me (biggest thing was taking away XP for monster kills) so I never actually played the whole game through with it.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Trailers
10. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 13:16 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 13:06:
So I am kinda confused here. Is this a new AC game or a DLC for Black Flag?

It's a new game (well... "new", it's really just content. Everything else is basically exactly the same as Black Flag) that'll come out for PS3 and 360 (no idea if it comes out for PC, tbh.)

Unity is also a new game, but it'll come out on 'next-gen' and PC only. So this is basically just a bone they throw at the 150 million old console owners. (Which makes sense, but it seems supremely lazy. The ship you're sailing is literally the same model as the Jackdaw, and all the enemy ships are the same too.)

News Comments > The Evil Within Season Pass Details
9. Re: The Evil Within Season Pass Details Aug 14, 2014, 13:09 Creston

nin wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 21:32:
Creston wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 20:38:
I don't think LA Noir had a season pass, tbh, but it's been awhile so I may be mistaken.

Could have sworn it did, but like you, it's been awhile. But I thought I bought it on the 360?

Keep meaning to go back and replay that. It was a flawed game, and the last 10% really sucked, but it was still a memorable experience, overall.

I played through once and really enjoyed it all the way up until the last sewer thing where you're using a flamethrower to kill guys (wtf devs?), and have always wanted to replay it, but I remembered too much of the interviews to make that part enjoyable.

I have to replay it again at some point.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 14, 2014, 13:05 Creston

Verno wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 09:23:
Creston wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 20:31:
I know. Don, please go back to Microsoft. Since you've been gone they've actually done a few sensible things, and it's less enjoyable that way.

Err, that quote is from 2008 dude

Yeah I realized that later, but the sentiment remains just as valid.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Aug 14, 2014, 13:00 Creston

I must be the only guy who loves FFX. (FFX-2 not so much, but that's mostly because of the annoying "Visit every location once every chapter" style exploration they introduced. The fact the girls are dressed like they're getting ready for a Brazzers shoot doesn't bother me.

I got FF13 awhile back, but have yet to actually really play it. Keep forgetting to.

Anyway, so far FF Versus (or rather FF15) is looking pretty promising, and the entire series still sells millions and millions of copies.

All that aside, why are you linking year-old OP ED pieces, Blue?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 14, 2014, 12:54 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 12:10:
so in theory you could get a circus performer to return punts. What they do is when the ball comes down never catch it, just continue to bobble it as you get closer and closer to the end zone (no one can touch you) and then secure it for 6 for the score when you made it past the goal.

That'd never work, because you would just tackle the guy and take the penalty, but that is a fucking retarded interpretation of the rule, yeah.

23366 Comments. 1169 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo