Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 26566 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Previews
6. Re: Morning Previews Jan 7, 2016, 23:09 Creston

Yifes wrote on Jan 7, 2016, 21:34:
Creston wrote on Jan 7, 2016, 17:40:
So MOST missions now have a fucking turn counter???? Well, that puts a huge damper on my interest.

From what I've seen, it only affects the beginning stealth component of some missions, and it isn't that big of an issue. Here's an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9vG-N0ILB0

You get a set number of turns to reach your objective while concealed. Once you complete your objective, your cover is blown, the timer stops, and then the real fighting starts. You get as much time as you want to complete the mission. This is a lot better than the bomb missions in the first game where you're constantly fighting and advancing under time pressure.

Phew, that's a relief. Thanks Yifes!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Previews
3. Re: Morning Previews Jan 7, 2016, 17:40 Creston

Very excited about this. 1 more month.

Edit: Oh God, no...

Most start concealed and with a set number of rounds before mission failure, making each match more fast-paced than you’d think a turn-based strategy could be.

So MOST missions now have a fucking turn counter???? Well, that puts a huge damper on my interest.

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2016, 17:46.

News Comments > etc.
3. More than 100 games Jan 7, 2016, 12:43 Creston

Uh-huh. Nod

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY IX Steam Plans
11. Re: FINAL FANTASY IX Steam Plans Jan 7, 2016, 08:50 Creston

At least there was no mobile port of FF9 for them to foist off on us as a "PC edition".

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2016, 20:05 Creston

Retired wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 19:38:
Woot!

New Year. New Job!

Thanks to everyone that knows my shit and has supported me.

Bats.

Congrats Bats!!!!!

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Sky Fortress DLC Revealed
9. Re: Just Cause 3 Sky Fortress DLC Revealed Jan 6, 2016, 20:03 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 17:17:
Creston wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 16:03:
Hopefully it will add some more FUN stuff to do rather than just more same-old same-old missions where you need to blow up a laundry list of "red stuff."

Told ya so...

Fair enough, but the repetition in JC2 never bothered me, because I was rarely blowing up the "red stuff" anyway. I was always causing shit at the airport, or hijacking passenger liners and trying to land them on highways, or tethering boats to 747s as they were about to take off, or trying to land 747s on the mile high club, or use statue heads as battering rams to knock cars off the road, etc etc etc.

There was just so much fun shit to DO in JC2. In JC3? Nada. There are no 747s. There is no airport. There is no Mile High club. There is no huge shopping mall. There is no hot air balloon. There is no hidden shit. There is literally nothing except fucking villages and military bases. Oh no, wait, I forgot. There is a railroad, that literally goes in a circle and has NO FUCKING STATIONS ANYWHERE. Because apparently Avalanche couldn't be fucking arsed to put a few in. So the trains on it just drive around endlessly. Seems legit, Avalanche. That NY studio of yours is a fucking winner. You should definitely let them make more games.

News Comments > Oculus Rift $599
81. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 40 Player Battle Shown Jan 6, 2016, 19:57 Creston

Sleep wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 19:25:
harlock wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 19:04:
could be mainstream in a decade tho, once there are consoles (and mobiles) that can pump out that kind of data with no issue

Well just so happens that time is soon! Morpheus is coming out this year and they surely cant charge any more than half what the PS4 costs for a peripheral, otherwise why bother?

The PS4 has nowhere near enough power to do VR properly, so I have no idea what Sony believes Morpheus is going to do. On its own it'd probably be some shitty half-assed VR implementation with terrible graphics.

Kabuto wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 19:41:
I thought it was recently reported that Morpheus is going to ship with some sort of external processing box.

Better known by its real name: A PC. So then you wind up having to buy a PS4, and a Morpheus, and a PC.

Doesn't really sound much more economical than buying a high-end PC and an Oculus.

59. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 6, 2016, 16:58 Creston

"We think people will work harder because they want a Rift!"

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2016, 16:07 Creston

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 15:56:
PHJF wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 13:25:
But it would cost $150,000 to lay that extra hundred feet of cable! The cable company said so!!!

It's actually worse than that. It'll only cost 10K to hook me up but they won't do it even after I offered to foot the cost of the whole bill because that would be "unfair to market competition".

WTF?!

Ask to speak to sales. Not the bored flunky who answers the first line support desk. Usually sales would be okay with putting stuff down if you offer to foot the bill.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Sky Fortress DLC Revealed
6. Re: Just Cause 3 Sky Fortress DLC Revealed Jan 6, 2016, 16:03 Creston

Hopefully it will add some more FUN stuff to do rather than just more same-old same-old missions where you need to blow up a laundry list of "red stuff."

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2016, 12:25 Creston

and am starting to contemplate a return to FiOS, which will be inconvenient, since they don't offer TV in this area

If you can get FIOS, why would you need TV? :-puzzled-:

9. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 6, 2016, 12:22 Creston

Yeah, that's waaaaaay too expensive for my taste. For that money I'd rather buy a 144hz G-Sync monitor.

Bundling an Xbone controller seems stupid, a lot of people already have one.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 5, 2016, 20:05 Creston

A director at my place of work has win 10 on his surface. Windows updates now fail. Error code says something about files being corrupted, use troubleshooter to fix it. Run troubleshooter, it says windows update files are broken, and that it has fixed it.

Reboot. Still broken. Run sfc /scannow. "We've found corrupted files but cannot repair them."

Ran a few registry fixes, tried deleting some files. Still broken. Ran two scripts straight from MS's site that supposedly completely reset and reinstall the Windows Update Environment, and both of them fail.

Long story short, time to repair (ie, essentially reinstall) or reimage. Oh well, that happens, right? Well, not really after it's only been running for two freaking weeks.

So yeah, solid OS...

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28
27. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28 Jan 5, 2016, 19:56 Creston

Sho wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 14:02:
Bah, I'm sad! I'm a big fan of the series (even through the hard times) and this will be the first TR I won't play shortly after release. I'm moving to Korea Feb 1st and it'll be at least a year of playing laptop nomad ...

But also like 7 trillion Gbps internet speeds!!

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28
26. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28 Jan 5, 2016, 19:54 Creston

Nixxes does solid PC ports, so that's a positive sign. I wonder what "windows 10 support" actually means, though, seeing as how most (almost all?) games run on Windows 10.

Do they mean DX12 support?

News Comments > Bombshell Trailer
4. Re: Bombshell Trailer Jan 5, 2016, 16:57 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 11:03:
They did a gameplay trailer. It's a top-down dual stick shooter, if I recall.

Looked bland and boring.

Ah, I missed that then, but doesn't sound like I really missed anything really.

News Comments > Bombshell Trailer
1. Re: Bombshell Trailer Jan 5, 2016, 10:39 Creston

It ships at the end of this month, and so far they've shown (afaik) zero percent gameplay?

Seems legit.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Egypt Setting Rumored
15. Re: Assassin's Creed Egypt Setting Rumored Jan 4, 2016, 22:39 Creston

NKD wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 19:55:
I do like the new idea of a new trilogy. One of my main complaints with the series recently is that they don't give you enough time to get really invested in the protagonist.

You don't get that sense of a passage of time and character growth that you did with Ezio.

My other complaint is the utter gutting of the modern story. They listened to the crybullies who just wanted some historical game with no modern tie in, so we ended up with under 5 minutes of modern story over the course of a 25+ hour game in games like Unity and Syndicate. In Black Flag and Rogue we at least got to control a character, but it was a faceless nameless placeholder, not anyone we could get attached to.

That "blank slate" protagonist only works when you're making fucking choices. If we're gonna be on rails, you need to give us a protagonist we can get behind just like a book or movie would.

People complained about the Desmond storyline, but honestly I've seen a lot of people backpedal on this after seeing what the series is like without it. "Well I didn't mean they should get rid of it entirely, I just wanted more choice about when I get out of the Animus!!"

I, for one, am interested in where the modern story goes next, and I don't really want to find out in 3 minute installments each year over the next fifteen years.

Yeah, I never had much of a problem with the Desmond stuff. Especially in AC3, where he actually goes on missions and you DID stuff with him, it was pretty enjoyable. I haven't seen what it's like in Unity and Syndicate, but the modern story in Black Flag was pretty pants. (Though it did have a cool reveal behind it.)

14. Re: Assassin's Creed Egypt Setting Rumored Jan 4, 2016, 22:37 Creston

harlock wrote on Jan 4, 2016, 20:01:
egypt is a good start - they need to get fucking moving with this ancient aliens storyline shit, we arent getting any younger here

Hahahaha. So true.

4. Re: Assassin's Creed Egypt Setting Rumored Jan 4, 2016, 19:41 Creston

An Egypt setting would be cool, but it really baffles me why they keep refusing to do a Feudal Japan setting, despite a lot of fans having been asking for it for years.

And they really need to do something about the core gameplay, because it's just gotten stale.

26566 Comments. 1329 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo