Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 24491 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 8, 2014, 12:21 Creston

Beamer wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 12:12:
And he's all over the place

He seems to be suffering from multiple personality disorder, if you ask me. "People should not have to provide photo ID to prove who they are if they want to vote (how else can we let people vote multiple times???)" versus "EVERYONE SHOULD SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT PRIVACY! THE GOVERNMENT OWNS YOUR ASS!"

I am not saying I agree with him, just that the "he should never be near a courtroom again!" seems overkill on one issue for a man considered the most influential non-USSC judge of the 20th century.

Yeah, no. Any judge who apparently does not understand the Fourth Amendment has no fucking business being a court room, and needs to be disbarred immediately. IMMEDIATELY.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow
34. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 8, 2014, 12:13 Creston

Verno wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 11:53:
Axis wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 11:43:
He basically said They (developers) include "him" in games to attempt to make gay people appear normal and accepted, when they are already normal and accepted - and only serves the developers interest, not gays. There was more but that was the jist of it.

For me, I feel any romance as an rpg line is annoying at best no matter how it's done or who it serves.

That's certainly a fair comment in some respects. In past Bioware games they haven't always handled it well and sometimes it comes off as a bit "we're so inclusive hooray us". That being said they're getting better about it, unlike past games they don't go out of their way to beat you over the head with their sexual preferences or gender identity. That information is there if you want it but characters don't define themselves based on it and it doesn't come off as preachy or self-serving for the dev.

I thought the way they handled it with Dorian was actually pretty well done. You never have a clue that Dorian is gay until it's revealed as being THE major source of discontention between him and his father, who is the lord of a major house in Tevinter where homosexuality is perceived as abnormal and something to be ashamed of.

But then they also ramrod the transsexual crap of Bull's second-in-command down your throat in a way that serves zero purpose and adds literally nothing to the game in any way, shape or form. "Look at us! We're including the transgenders! See how progressive we are!"

Still, at least they're trying, and they're getting better with the gay stuff. It doesn't do anything for me, but I don't mind it being in there now that I can just ignore it. DA2, otoh, pissed me off with it.

This comment was edited on Dec 8, 2014, 12:23.

8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 8, 2014, 12:04 Creston

Beamer wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 11:47:
Posner is actually one of the best judges in the country.

Yeah, any guy who says that we'd be better off selling and buying children on the free market as opposed to the 'system' we have now, and that "the rule of law is an accidental and dispensable element of legal ideology," is a fucking FANTASTIC judge. He's a judge who actually doesn't give a shit about the actual LAW, he just likes debating ideological 'what-if' scenarios and how they could be handled.

He identifies as conservative but gets most decisions "right," meaning that he's pro abortion, pro same sex marriage, anti "war on drugs," etc.

And also thinks that animal cruelty really isn't that big of a deal (despite claiming that he's a cat person), and he "supported the creation of a law barring hyperlinks or paraphrasing of copyrighted material"

But his "obviously I'm exaggerating, but people who are concerned about privacy tend to be people with something to hide" seems to go the wrong way.

Oh what the fuck ever. "Obviously he's exaggerating", MY ASS. He has a history of saying the same fucking thing over and over and over again. To him, people are fucking subjects of the government, and the government should be able to do whatever the hell it pleases. Yeah, no, that's a GREAT fucking judge.

In any case, we'll see how he feels about snooping when Anonymous doxes him and releases all his information on the internet. Hearing him bleat about how his privacy has been violated will be extremely entertaining.

20. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 8, 2014, 11:47 Creston

Like Verno said, you actively have to seek it out (by clicking the "romance" options, denoted by a Heart icon, in the speech circle thingey), and unlike other Bioware games, in this one it's all passive. Meaning that if you never flirt with anyone, none of your companions will get stupidly aggressive and angry for not flirting with them (like what happened in DA2, where every bisexual dude got MEGA pissed at you for not being gay.)

So unless you engage it, nothing ever happens. You can safely play DA:I and never hear a single non-quest focused thing from your party members.

News Comments > inXile TMs Meanwhile & Van Buren
8. Re: inXile TMs Meanwhile & Van Buren Dec 8, 2014, 11:42 Creston

Task wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 11:14:
Just speculating, but it would be interesting if inXile struck a deal with Beth to be the publisher so they can make you know what.

It would be cool, but I doubt Bethesda would let anyone release anything with the name Fallout while they are working on FO4 themselves.

After FO4 has been out, I could see it happening, but before? They wouldn't want anything to steal their thunder, I'd think.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Dec 8, 2014, 11:03 Creston

I know. I keep throwing money at my screen, and nothing happens...

(although because I have glasses, and fairly strong ones at that, I'm pretty certain I won't be able to actually use the Oculus. )

10. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 8, 2014, 10:58 Creston

Sho wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 10:50:
That sounds pretty sweet. Speaking of the lore though, do you think it'd be a problem that I sat out DA2?

Not at all.

Plus, if you go to the Dragon Age Keep, you can enter your choices from DA:Origins there, and make up some stuff for DA2, and then if you go to World States under the main menu, there is an option to play a narrated little mini-movie for the choices you selected that kind of gives an overview of what happened. I only just discovered that and it's actually pretty cool (plus it's narrated by Varric, and he has the most awesome narrating voice.)

That little summary is all you need to know about DA2, really. (or if you want it even shorter: A refugee named Hawke travels to Kirkwall, restores his/her family's old noble lineage, goes on an expedition to the deep roads and discovers a substance called Red Lyrium, help defend Kirkwall against a takeover by the Qunari Arishok and his followers who have been stranded in the city for several years, and finally takes a stance in the rapidly escalating conflict between templars and mages after one of his/her companions, an apostate mage named Anders, blows up the Chantry in an act of terrorism. And Red Lyrium turns out to make people crazy just by being in the vicinity of it.)

Btw, spoiler for DA:I they really don't do enough with the "Red Lyrium makes people insane" part of the lore. There are fucking MOUNTAINS of the shit all over the place, and nobody really seems to be affected by it at all... I'm not even going to go into the insanity of having your warriors "destroy" a chunk of Red Lyrium (while right next to the half meter chunk you destroy, there's 150000 cubic feet of it that you leave alone.)

This comment was edited on Dec 8, 2014, 11:10.

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 8, 2014, 10:21 Creston

"I got made a judge even though I have literally no clue what the Constitution even IS, what it means, or how to apply it to general interpretation of the law. What's the big deal?"

Also, the moron was born in 1939, so all these "worldwide electronic networks" and its "trillions of bits" must confuse the fucking hell out of his shriveled old carcass.

This comment was edited on Dec 8, 2014, 10:27.

News Comments > inXile TMs Meanwhile & Van Buren
1. Re: inXile TMs Meanwhile & Van Buren Dec 8, 2014, 10:19 Creston

I squee'd at the thought of them doing Van Buren / FO3, but then remembered Bethesda owns it and it seems unlikely they would have struck an agreement on that.

I can't imagine that Meanwhile is something that was "often asked for" though, as I doubt a dozen people had ever even heard of that before?

1. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 8, 2014, 10:16 Creston

Cool.  

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Dec 6, 2014, 00:56 Creston

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 22:57:
At least they leave their paws off the real Star Trek universe then.

The real Star Trek universe has basically been dead and buried for over a dozen years. It's somehow much better if nobody ever tries to do anything in that anymore?

News Comments > Dying Light Specs Scaled Back
10. Re: Dying Light Specs Scaled Back Dec 6, 2014, 00:49 Creston

And yet more bleating out of the moron. Try your hardest not to admit you were wrong yet again, maybe by ranting even more.

This comment was edited on Dec 6, 2014, 00:57.

1. Re: Into the Black Dec 5, 2014, 21:55 Creston

Not a good sign when Orci leaves, but then again he may just be joining Abrams @ Star Wars.

News Comments > Dying Light Specs Scaled Back
3. Re: Dying Light Specs Scaled Back Dec 5, 2014, 21:52 Creston

harlock wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 21:06:
BUT WHAT ABOUT MY AWESOME COMPUTER THATS SO BIG AND BAD AND AWESOME?!?! STUPID SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS ARE THE FUTURE!! GET ON BOARD YOU FUCKING LOSERS!

It was quite amusing to see the bleats of imbecile little sheep who think they know everything.

This game comes out on the PS4 and Xbone. It will not require more than 8GB of RAM. End of story.

41. Re: Into the Black Dec 5, 2014, 15:18 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 14:13:
Creston wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 12:22:
Beamer wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 12:11:
It made me feel a nice mix of old and nerdy.

And old-man-creepy for dating a girl so much younger.

Don't knock it 'til you try it.

Funny story, Beam.

Oh, I'm actually fuck-ass jealous....

News Comments > Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile
22. Re: Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile Dec 5, 2014, 14:05 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 13:27:
bobbyric wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 13:13:
D&D franchise would just be a nightmare (why do you figure Bioware stopped working with wizards of the coast)

Yeah I wish someone in the "know" would talk about the why and how concerning this... is there any known reason why absolutely NO DEV AT ALL touches DnD 4.0 rulesets for games ?

Because WotC are beyond fucking terrible to work with.

37. Re: Into the Black Dec 5, 2014, 12:22 Creston

Beamer wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 12:11:
It made me feel a nice mix of old and nerdy.

And old-man-creepy for dating a girl so much younger.

News Comments > Game Reviews
40. Re: Game Reviews Dec 5, 2014, 12:18 Creston

Darks wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 18:50:
Actually Creston, I recall in one of those game play videos the developers did that specifically said you could delete the population of animals. but I have no idea how may they have set for the triggers to stop re-spawning after you killed off a large number. I haven't put that to the test but I know they did say it was possible to deplete an area.

Yeah, I remember Laidlaw saying that. I'm going to file that under "Shit that Laidlaw said we knew beforehand wasn't going to be true because it's bullshit." which is not to be confused with the category "Shit that Laidlaw said which isn't true, probably because they ran out of time." or the category "Shit Laidlaw said which isn't true because he just doesn't know what the word in question means."

I tried it out in the very first map, just outside of Haven, to see if it was really true, so I spent about 30 mins slaughtering rams by the boatload. They just kept on spawning.

News Comments > Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile
16. Re: Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile Dec 5, 2014, 12:15 Creston

I remember Shattered Lands. It was pretty cool. My buddy could never get his Roland sound card to work in that, because he was always (I shit you not) 8 bytes short of memory.  

35. Re: Into the Black Dec 5, 2014, 11:41 Creston

Beamer wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 11:21:
And the 80s had an enormous, enormous amount of crap.

You shut your filthy whore mouth! YOU SHUT IT NOW, BEAMER! Shakefist Shakefist Shakefist

24491 Comments. 1225 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo