Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 22949 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - GRID Autosport
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - GRID Autosport Jun 25, 2014, 11:34 Creston

Thanks Spectral and Jaguar, but I trust PC Gamer reviews about as far as I trust the average politician who takes money from Comcast.

So I'm still wondering if the good AI stays in front because it's good, or because it just gets helped by stupid cheats. Any form of rubberbanding destroys a racing game for me, as it completely negates the entire point of driving well.

If I drive 2 seconds per lap faster than the best AI driver, I should be out by 30 seconds after 15 laps. In most games, however, said driver will still be right on your ass.

I've never been the victim on "oh, the human is way in front, let's speed up. The AI in GRID Autosport is excellent.

So you've been out in front by a good bit after running a great race?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 25, 2014, 11:31 Creston

Haha such humor

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Jun 24, 2014, 21:45 Creston

I give it a tentative three dismissive wanks.  

News Comments > GOG.com Summer Sale 24-hour Adrenaline Rush
8. Re: GOG.com Summer Sale 24-hour Adrenaline Rush Jun 24, 2014, 21:44 Creston

I like sales, but this "Check in every minute to maybe get something cool" thing is fucking radio-era horseshit. I have other shit to do, Gog.

News Comments > Saints Row IV National Treasure Edition Announced
1. Re: Saints Row IV National Treasure Edition Announced Jun 24, 2014, 21:40 Creston

Yeah I got the franchise thing for 18 bucks.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - GRID Autosport
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - GRID Autosport Jun 24, 2014, 21:39 Creston

JaguarUSF wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 20:39:
I'm reviewing it now (on a gamepad, fyi) and I like it much, much, much better than GRID 2. Aggressive AI, better handling, lots of cars and tracks. Practice and qualifying sessions. Cockpit view, although it's extremely low-resolution.

Does it have rubber banding, though? That's an absolute deal breaker for me.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
32. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2014, 18:54 Creston

Cutter wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 18:23:
Jenkins you motherfucker!

So no good deed goes unpunished. Driving today and this little turtle is trying to cross the road to get to the pond on the other side - a virtual turtle paradise as it were. So I'm afraid the wee guy is going to get run over because he's moving so slow so I hop out to grab him intent on delivering him to his pond. Well I slam the car door shut...on my index finger. Smashes the nail almost entirely off my finger. It was unreal how much it hurt. I was literally physically staggered and seeing stars, almost thought I was going pass out for a second.

So I go get my first aid kit out of the trunk as my finger is gushing blood all over, gause it up, tape it up, and meanwhile the little turtle makes it across like a boss, over the bottom of a fence - which is impressive by turtle standards and beelines it to the pond. Good for him. Meantime I got to the hospital to make sure nothing is broken and they tell me they need to reinsert the nail because the whole nailbed popped out. So they cut both sides of my finger to pull back the skin to insert the nail back in and than suture it up. Even with the local it hurt like a motherfucker. It still hurts like a motherfucker.

Not sure if there's a moral to the story, but it better have accrued me some good fucking karma with the Turtle gods.

Damn, that sounds fucking painful.

I always stop to save little turtles, but sometimes they aren't so little, and sometimes the bigger bastards will fucking snap at me. (they're not snapping turtles, fortunately, so they can't reach me when I'm picking them up from behind.)

And I can't help but go "I just saved your dumb, fat, thirty-pound-weighing ass from being squashed by that fucking PETERBILT!"

Ah turtles. Never a hint of gratitude...

31. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2014, 18:52 Creston

descender wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 16:55:
Guys, I understand what a cameo is. They are usually done in comedies, or the way Stan Lee appears in the marvel movies. The "cameo-er(?)" generally has some considerably obvious frame of reference to the movie they appear in.

What I don't understand is how or why "Tom Cruise" makes a cameo in the star wars universe. It would be AWFUL. This is a considerably worse idea than say.... Jar-Jar.

But would it be worse than Lucas' original idea to have a cameo by fucking N-SYNC?

I mean, for all how Tom Cruise is a phenomenal wackjob, he is a pretty good actor, and he usually makes enjoyable movies. (haven't seen the sci-fi groundhog day yet)

I don't think having Tom Cruise in Star Wars would make it somehow worse. Had he played some pansy-ass Jedi who gets cut down like a bitch in Episode II, it wouldn't have made that movie worse.

News Comments > More Crytek Rumors
32. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jun 24, 2014, 17:11 Creston

Redmask wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 17:02:
Yes you can, you can loan an incorporated company money as a note payable and people do it all the time.

Okay, I didn't know that. Then yeah, he should sell his car and pay his people.

I didn't want to apologize for Cevat Yerli in any case, because the guy is a giant fucking asshole.

29. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jun 24, 2014, 16:48 Creston

nin wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 16:27:
Creston wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 16:15:
As much as I feel for employees who are trapped in a struggling company, I will never understand the "THE CEO STILL DRIVES HIS FERRARI TO WORK" complaint. If that's his car, what else is he supposed to do? Ride on a bicycle?

When you can't pay your employees? Might want to be a little less conspicuous.

So that'd be better somehow? Unless Crytek is a one-man owned company, company money (Crytek's money) does not equate to Cevat Yerli's money.

Now if it IS a one-man show, then he should sell it and pay his people for a month, but if it's not, he couldn't even legally do that.

73. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2014, 16:42 Creston

Quboid wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 14:33:
I hope not, because that would mean he's just as incapable of reading as Creston is.

Oh, incapable of reading. Riiiight. Because you weren't actually saying that Soccer is terrifyingly dangerous (I've no doubt there are examples, but I can't think of another sport that exposes players to this kind of danger so frequently) or that they're basically tough as nails warriors who get up despite the pain (Why do players get up and run around? Because once they get their wits back, they play on despite the pain.) and just grit it out, even though all of them may risk injuring themselves more despite it (When you're hurt, you may limp but when there's an opportunity to do some damage you either consciously or via adrenaline push past it, even though you may be worse off after it.) or that flopping is really just a rare occurrence (Just remember that most of the time, the reason a player looks hurt is because he is hurt and the reason he may get up and run around is precisely because he's manning up. Most of the time. )

Yeah, you're right. I need to learn to read. Fuck almighty... Rolleyes

I get it, you love soccer, and you hate seeing people disparage it. Even so, flopping is fucking ridiculous in soccer. Stop trying to come up with horseshit excuses for it. I understand people falling a lot, because every time you get hit it's on your legs/feet, and you're going to sprawl.

But they need to stop with the bullshit pretending like they just broke their leg in eight places every time they go to the fucking ground. And their pain always mysteriously lasts right until the ref awards the free kick / penalty, and then it vanishes like snow before the fucking sun.

This comment was edited on Jun 24, 2014, 16:56.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2014, 16:33 Creston

nin wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 14:24:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 14:18:
descender wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 13:18:
How can a person with no ties to any of the other star wars movies or any project related to star wars have a "cameo" in a star wars movie?

A cameo is usually a brief appearance in a movie by any famous person.

Usually. Or sometimes a guy wearing a red sports cup (with a cameo by Lavar Burton!) (Ow!)...

Word up! I'm the guy from Cameo! Word Up!

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2014, 16:29 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 14:18:
descender wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 13:18:
How can a person with no ties to any of the other star wars movies or any project related to star wars have a "cameo" in a star wars movie?

A cameo is usually a brief appearance in a movie by any famous person.

For which they get paid an insane amount of money.

For example: This got him a million bucks.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 24, 2014, 16:27 Creston

How many of those notebooks got sold? It would literally cost verizon (1/10th of a cent for 100MB)x12= 1.2 cents times # notebooks sold to extend this program for another year.

Instead, Verizon chooses to fuck people over rather than eat the what... 300 dollars it would cost them to extend it? What a bunch of fucking cockwallets.

21. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jun 24, 2014, 16:15 Creston

As much as I feel for employees who are trapped in a struggling company, I will never understand the "THE CEO STILL DRIVES HIS FERRARI TO WORK" complaint. If that's his car, what else is he supposed to do? Ride on a bicycle?

In any case, look at the four games they're working on. There's nothing in there that has a large segment of the gaming population salivating, and they're a studio with nearly a thousand employees. They better just completely sell out to EA and get it over with, because otherwise the curtain might be closed before their next title can be pirated 60 million times.

65. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2014, 13:34 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 02:43:
Creston wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 21:43:
Quboid wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 19:23:
but I can't think of another sport that exposes players to this kind of danger so frequently (which certainly is not to say it's the toughest or most dangerous sport).

I give up. Whatever. You're right, every single time a player gets hit in football, it's a massive injury, and these TOUGH-ASS WARRIORS just get up and shrug it off like it's nothing!

You're defending FLOPPING.

Yeah, sorry, American football is a much more violent, dangerous, and injury prone sport than soccer. The contact is built into the sport, unlike soccer. So much so that it has caused an epidemic of brain injuries, in addition to all the other injuries the players suffer. Players report almost never playing a league game pain free. One thing you can say about American football players is that they're tough as nails, and wouldn't be caught dead faking an injury.

We were talking about the other football, jd.
You know, the one where there's FLOPPING. I've yet to see someone flop in American Football.

News Comments > Crytek Denies Bankruptcy Rumor
20. Re: Crytek Denies Bankruptcy Rumor Jun 24, 2014, 13:19 Creston

Verno wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 08:53:
I'm sure they picked up Homefront for a song and a dance but I have to question if it was really worth the effort.

Well, that whole "North Korea becomes the world's dominant super power and invades the US!" storyline is ultra ultra powerful, and is definitely something that needs to be continued.

Rolleyes

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $47M
28. Re: Star Citizen Passes $47M Jun 24, 2014, 11:21 Creston

You guys just don't get what the plants signifies. At 52 million, they will incorporate Plants vs Zombies Space Warfare into the game.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 24, 2014, 11:16 Creston

Cutter wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 10:54:
Is America the only country left on the planet with locked phones?

Pretty much, yeah. We're also about the only country where we call BARELY 3G speeds "4G"

And where we get charged 100000% markup overages. And where your package gets more expensive per year. And. And. And.

yay

News Comments > DICE on Bad Company 3: "Wait and See"
12. Re: DICE on Bad Company 3: Jun 24, 2014, 11:11 Creston

Okay, why is that?

Because it actually WORKED?

22949 Comments. 1148 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo