Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 25604 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Engine Video
20. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Engine Video Jun 18, 2015, 12:30 Creston

Looks great, but they should rename that "Depth of Field/Bokeh" part to "Legally Blind". Holy shit, that is waaaaay overdone.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Interviews
12. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 18, 2015, 11:45 Creston

I loved exploring in FO3, there was just a lot more to see than there was in FO:NV. And finding new stuff after 400+ hours of play is pretty much par for the course for Bethesda games.

Over a thousand hours into Skyrim, I still found a new quest I'd never done before.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2015, 10:10 Creston

My dogs love making friends with other animals, especially frogs (of which there are millions right now. THANKS HURRICANE BILL!)

Then when we go back out later, they spend a long time just frantically searching the spot where their little frog buddy had been. It's pretty funny.

As for deer, a herd of horses near my house has actually apparently adopted a little baby deer. It's been with them for over a month, it's very cool to see.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. OMG Jun 18, 2015, 10:06 Creston

You can use an Xbone to stream 360 games to a Windows 10 PC?? MICROSOFT HAS RETURNED THE PC TO GLORY!!!

Rolleyes

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Confirmed
26. Re: PC No Man's Sky Confirmed Jun 17, 2015, 16:12 Creston

The problem with exploring a procedurally generated galaxy is that once you've seen all the templates, you've run out of things to see.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity White March Expansion Details
21. Re: Pillars of Eternity White March Expansion Details Jun 17, 2015, 14:20 Creston

I still need to finish this... Never went back after the (secret) Adra Dragon wiped the floor with me.  

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2015, 14:15 Creston

$20 a month? Dafuq??

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2015, 11:32 Creston

Ah, I didn't realize it was up and running already. Thanks guys.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity White March Expansion Details
18. Re: Pillars of Eternity White March Expansion Details Jun 17, 2015, 11:24 Creston

Verno wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 09:12:
harlock wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 08:07:
really wish i had waited for this, because im not going to be replaying this anytime soon, if ever

yeh... its quite possibly the days of replaying anything are behind me

The only stuff I tend to replay is old SNES era where you can pick it up and put it down easily. I wish I had more time for replays, games like New Vegas are begging for more playthroughs but there is just so much shit on the market and very little time to play it due to responsibilities. I swear going into retirement I'm going to have a list of like 500 games to play.

At least you won't be bored.

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2015, 11:10 Creston

So what happened to PS4 doing the Gaikai thing?  

News Comments > Free StarCraft II: Whispers of Oblivion Announced
2. Re: Free StarCraft II: Whispers of Oblivion Announced Jun 17, 2015, 09:20 Creston

Just picked up heart of the swarm for 10 bucks, so sweet.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Cardinals hacking Astros Jun 17, 2015, 00:02 Creston

What the shit, Kenny Loggins Cardinals?!

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Next Year
11. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Next Year Jun 16, 2015, 23:53 Creston

I'm honestly happy it's not coming out this year, because there are too many cool games already scheduled for 2015.

Still, this and the next Mass Effect are at a shared #1 on my list.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 in December
18. Re: Just Cause 3 in December Jun 16, 2015, 23:51 Creston

Grappling hooks ahoy! WOOT!

News Comments > AMD HBM-based 300 Series Announced
16. Re: AMD HBM-based 300 Series Announced Jun 16, 2015, 17:58 Creston

$649 for the high end seems okay (same as 980ti?), but the other two seem pricey?  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2015, 16:10 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 15:32:
1. The government needs to run a massive ongoing campaign promoting healthier living of at least $1B annually. Right now the gov't spends $10M to the food industry's $10B (yes, 1000x more). And the food industry isn't advertising broccoli.

You can't advertise / convince people into doing something they don't want, not on the scale required. It's much easier to advertise people into wanting a cheeseburger than it is to advertise people into NOT eating a cheeseburger and reaching for an apple instead. Because we're already programmed, so to speak, by our tastes and wants/desires, to want that cheeseburger.

2. Non-nutritional caloric products like chips, soda, and candy need sin taxes and advertising restrictions, just like alcohol and tobacco. They're just as dangerous, both in terms of health effects and dependency.

That's never going to happen. Because the second you tax chips for being bad, the chips manufacturers sue and will go "what about licorice?" and then the licorice manufacturers will sue and go "what about product xxxx?" etc etc ad infinitum until everything just has extra tax on it.

Which would make the government happy, now that I think about it, so this will likely happen in the next year.

3. Healthier foods like fruits and vegetables need to be subsidized with these funds, especially for the poor, for whom a package of Oreos costs 10x less than fresh fruit on a per calorie basis. The poor have the greatest incidence of preventable disease.

No. We need to STOP with all this subsidizing crap. Subsidies are what's killing the entire Western United States. What we should do, however, is eliminate sales tax on stuff like vegetables and fruit etc. And to help the poor, eliminate sales tax on ALL food for them.

4. End the stupid subsidies on sugar and corn.

End all subsidies, period, but yes. Of course, the fucking Farm Bill will never allow this to happen. :\

Yes, personal responsibility is important. Let's make it easier for people by not bombarding them with Coke ads, and making that Snickers bar much less financially attractive than an apple.

I honestly don't think that works. But I do agree that we need to educate people (and kids, especially) about the ruinous effects that a bad diet has on you. Of course, Michelle Obama actually has done good work in this area, but with very unintended consequences. For example, my wife's school now provides excellent, healthy meals to kids and teachers alike. But because they were not given extra money with which to buy all this healthy food (which as you pointed out is a lot more expensive that unhealthy shit), the meal portions have gotten a LOT smaller, so most of the kids eat their healthy lunch meal and are still hungry. So they go to the vending machine and load up on crap just to not be hungry.

In the end, it really boils down to people having to take responsibility for becoming healthier. I think the best way to do this is to just start charging obesity tax on health insurance, same as we do with smokers.

Even so, we're talking about an attitude change that will take 2 to 3 generations to fully take root.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2015, 15:17 Creston

sauron wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 13:37:

Same here - I'm 5'11" and 135lb.

Holy shit, dude, eat a cheeseburger Hobbit or something!

News Comments > Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Instantly Funded
29. Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Instantly Funded Jun 16, 2015, 14:08 Creston

I find it dodgy that Sony announced this. Next up, publishers will want you to pre-fund every fucking thing in existence.

Other than that, cool for whatshisname that his Kickstarter is doing so well, and shame on those of you who don't know Shenmue.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 16, 2015, 13:41 Creston

I don't mind that it's a new story, no Shepard, no old characters etc, but a new galaxy would probably mean no Krogan, no Turians, no Asari etc, and that would suck. :\

News Comments > HITMAN Announced
8. Re: HITMAN Announced Jun 16, 2015, 13:37 Creston

"For $60 you’ll get full access to all of this content – although of course some teenager who is online 24/7 will get to experience it, and then when you log in, you just get to see the 15000 targets all killed by other people with more spare time than you do.

"So, really, for $60, YOU just get to do jack fucking shit."

Sounds great, guys.

25604 Comments. 1281 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo