Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 24987 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Evolve
21. Re: Ship Ahoy - Evolve Feb 10, 2015, 14:46 Creston

Beamer wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 14:24:
There was a commercial for this during Archer last week and it was hands-down the worst TV spot I've seen for a game. It hardly revealed that it was a game at all.

75 marketing dipshits absorbed $7.5M in salary to come up with that, too.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Lost Contact Found
2. Re: Alien: Isolation Lost Contact Found Feb 10, 2015, 10:43 Creston

That poor alien. It must have been hard to see without that contact!  

News Comments > Shadow Realms Cancelled
2. Re: Shadow Realms Cancelled Feb 9, 2015, 18:53 Creston

What they showed wasn't all that exciting, so no big loss here.

News Comments > Original Early Access Game Pulled
26. Re: Original Early Access Game Pulled Feb 9, 2015, 18:49 Creston

Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 15:03:
Creston wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 12:29:
That said, fuck that jackass who walked out when the money ran out. I hope your miserable ass never works in the gaming industry again, asshole.

Do you work for free? Why should anyone else?

Well, the funny thing is my boss doesn't actually give me money beforehand, but IF he did, yeah, I'd actually do the work that I was given the money for.

As long as we keep pooh-pooh'ing the whole concept of devs just walking out on their Early Access/KS projects, it'll never really become more than what it is now, because not enough people will ever have enough trust in it.

If you take money to develop a game, you need to develop that game. End of story. Early Access should not be a "Well, fund my income for two years and I'll see if maybe I can have a game done by the end of it."

News Comments > Universal Combat CE Free on Steam
16. Re: Universal Combat CE Free on Steam Feb 9, 2015, 14:01 Creston

Krovven wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 13:02:
Free or $60, 25 yrs ago or now, a shit game is a shit game.

Right, but it may not be shit to everyone. There are clearly people who like his games, and this is a decent opportunity for people to check one out and see if they'll enjoy it.

Again, free is free. Nobody's forcing you to download it.

Wasn't there a time a few years back he was whining that they wouldn't put his games on Steam?

I don't recall that, but it's possible. Then again, they put just about everything on Steam, so I'm not sure why he'd be singled out. There are far, FAR worse games on Steam than DS's.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 9, 2015, 12:34 Creston

ldonyo wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 09:56:
The little guys haven't won anything yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but we've been down this road before and it all got changed after a lawsuit.

I'd hate to be the jackass lawyer at Verizon who got the earlier rules dismissed. There probably isn't anyone more hated right now by Comcast/AT&T etc.

News Comments > The Witness Blows Through Braid Earnings
2. Re: The Witness Blows Through Braid Earnings Feb 9, 2015, 12:33 Creston

I probably would have, you know, maybe done 477 puzzles and tried not to run out of money. CRAY CRAY!

News Comments > Original Early Access Game Pulled
1. Re: Original Early Access Game Pulled Feb 9, 2015, 12:29 Creston

Eh. You chose to sell your game before it was ready, don't expect me to feel much pity for you that you now have to struggle to actually release it.

All this "Look at all the hardship I'm going through to finish this game for you people!" handwringing is getting really boring. Just because you develop games doesn't somehow entitle you to make a living from it. If you can make a good game, hopefully enough people will buy it that you CAN live off of it, but you're not somehow automatically deserving of that.

The fact that there are people willing to give you money up front should be seen as a blessing to developers, not as a burden that they are then beholden to. Don't want that blessing/burden? Then make your game first, and sell it when it's fucking done. You know, like pretty much every other business does.

That said, fuck that jackass who walked out when the money ran out. I hope your miserable ass never works in the gaming industry again, asshole.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 9, 2015, 12:16 Creston

nin wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 09:32:
Pretty sure that would be the final straw for me (if it were forced)...

I don't think they'd ever do that. They already have ample evidence that people will happily sit on their old OS forever, so trying to force their entire client base onto a subscription-only version of Windows would literally be Windows' death blow. Few people would ever upgrade, instead just happily sticking with Windows 7 / 8 / 10 or whatever.

Instead, it'll be an option. Either buy a license, or get a subscription for a version that is upgraded and developed indefinitely. Enterprises especially would probably be pretty interested in getting a "definitive" version of Windows that just gets upgraded over the years, rather than having to plan a massive upgrade every 3-5 years, and all the costs associated with it.

I really don't think there's much reason to worry.

News Comments > Universal Combat CE Free on Steam
10. Re: Universal Combat CE Free on Steam Feb 9, 2015, 11:11 Creston

InBlack wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 09:43:
Oh come on guys, give credit where credit is due. Derek Smart released a game for free on Steam, he even took the time to upgrade some of the graphics. I say KUDOS.

Yeah, I got no problem with it. Releasing free games = cool, no matter if it's DS or EA or whomever that does it.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
10. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 9, 2015, 11:05 Creston

Now he can be a Famed God in prison. I'm sure much lulz will be had. Probably not by him, but his fellow inmates will enjoy him.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
34. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 9, 2015, 11:00 Creston

Dacron wrote on Feb 8, 2015, 21:02:
Maybe it's the rare (30 hours, seen 3, all part of missions so far) child zombies you kill by suffocating while reassuring it with "shhh shhh" noises.

If I were to hazard a guess.

That is actually pretty creepy...

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed Rogue Next Month
23. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Rogue Next Month Feb 6, 2015, 22:57 Creston

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 13:33:
And did Black Flag even have a real world story? New Abstergo employee goes to work, plays around with the Kenway-Animus and snoops around some old and future plans of the company. End of story. Right?

Well, there was that big reveal that (spoiler) The Dread Pirate Roberts actually existed in both realities and that he was one of the first ones that I thought was pretty cool.

I think they killed off Desmond because so many people bitched about him, and I have to say I quite liked his story. I just wished it hadn't been so forced on you every time. Had the whole Desmond thing been something optional it would have been perfect.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
13. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 6, 2015, 22:52 Creston

nin wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 10:16:
Task wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 10:09:
Community public banks are good. Private banks on the other hand, not so much.

I love my credit union, but they don't have two factor.

Mine doesn't either, which is the sole reason I refuse to do online banking with them.

Good thing I don't either, as we've already had several notices from the C.U. that there's been "suspicious online activity" with regards to my account. Since I have no online banking set up, it always immediately gets nipped in the ass, but it gives me zero confidence to actually start using it.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 6, 2015, 22:48 Creston

Redmask wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 20:21:
Another Chance to Buy Xbox One with Kinect at $449.

Another chance to say no way.

About the only thing I see that I would heavily use with the Kinect would be its integrated Skype @ 1080p, since I use it to talk to my parents a lot. Other than that, yeah, not sure what the point of it is.

$349 is a reasonably attractive price point for it as a console, though. $50 less and I may pick one up.

News Comments > Dying Light Mod Tool Plans
4. Re: Dying Light Mod Tool Plans Feb 6, 2015, 22:45 Creston

Always good to see devs embracing mods. Kudos, Techland!

News Comments > etc.
16. Re: etc. Feb 6, 2015, 15:20 Creston

PropheT wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 14:08:
That's nice that Gabe helped the guy, but it's kind of ignoring the fact that if Steam's support wasn't so shitty in the first place he wouldn't have been contacted directly with the problem.

Exactly. Maybe if Gabe starts getting 15000 tweets a day from people pissed off at the shitty fucking support structure they have in place, he'll finally light a fire under those turds.

Even UBISOFT has better fucking support than Steam. I mean, that's just flat-out fucking pathetic.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Feb 6, 2015, 11:17 Creston

EA Exec: "We need to dumb our games down more. Like, I want all console and PC games to have no more complexity than the shit we call mobile 'games'. So basically just one button that you can click once every 30 minutes, unless you pay us money and then we let you click it every 5 minutes!"

Fuck you, EA Exec. Fuck you right in your fucking bunghole.

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Winners
5. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 6, 2015, 10:52 Creston

Desalus wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 10:21:
Adventure Game of the Year: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Outstanding Innovation in Gaming: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Outstanding Achievement In Story: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Outstanding Achievement In Character: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Outstanding Technical Achievement: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Outstanding Achievement In Animation: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Outstanding Achievement In Gameplay Design: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Outstanding Achievement In Game Direction: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

....and who gets the game of the year?

Game of the Year: Dragon Age: Inquisition

Huh Surprised ? How the hell do you award top honors for eight different categories to Shadow of Mordor and yet you don't award it Game of the Year?

EA gives more money.

I like how 4 players now counts as Massively Multiplayer.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Rogue Eye Tracking
8. Re: Assassin's Creed Rogue Eye Tracking Feb 6, 2015, 10:49 Creston

Verno wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 09:39:
How about you guys just focus on shipping the game in a decent state?

It's done by Ubisoft Kiev, so the odds of that are roughly negative 240%.

24987 Comments. 1250 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo