Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 22969 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Jun 27, 2014, 16:01 Creston

The title Red Dead Redemption, for instance, suggests a lethal quest for vengeance when the game itself functions as a tragic rumination on the hollowness of revenge.

Except for, you know, the part where John Marston's son Jack finds the scumbag FBI lawman who killed his dad, and kills not only said lawman, but also his wife and friend. Or at least I did.

In any case, good, Polygon has found something to whine about again.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Jun 27, 2014, 11:38 Creston

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 22:10:
I Do Dairy Queen Daily!

That's probably not healthy.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Beta Concludes
21. Re: Battlefield Hardline Beta Concludes Jun 27, 2014, 11:31 Creston

But this beta is only the beginning. . .

Please buy the game and get to experience ALL the old Battlefield bugs all over again! It's the EA Promise(tm)!

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Jun 27, 2014, 11:17 Creston

All I can say is that Microsoft really dropped the ball here. Playstation Mentality? C'mon, they should have put a little more money into this advertising opportunity.

News Comments > Dawn of War Swaps GameSpy for Steam
7. Re: Dawn of War Swaps GameSpy for Steam Jun 27, 2014, 11:13 Creston

That's quality service of SEGA. I applaud them.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
36. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2014, 01:04 Creston

1badmf wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 00:42:
i presume you don't follow US soccer too closely, cuz this is precisely the way our team and league are built. our best players in MLS are cherrypicked by european teams, spend a few years there and eventually come back. most of our lineup has played in europe at some point, some of them very successfully. to name a few; clint dempsey was a leading scorer for a team in the EPL for several years. michael bradley was a starting midfielder for AS Roma. jozy altidore scored 31 goals for a dutch league team. a lot of the rest play in germany.

the process you're talking about started a long time ago; that's why i think it'll take only a few more generations before we're competitive.

I don't watch it, no. Last time I looked (admittedly years and years ago), they were very hesitant to let the top US players go to other (far, far, FAR better) leagues, and like I explained, it was killing US soccer, which was an appalling product at the time. I saw better soccer at junior leagues in Holland.

If they've finally realized their folly and implemented the process, then yes, US soccer will get better because of it, but it is a slow process of growth.

None of the players on today's US team really struck me as top level, other than perhaps your goalie.

34. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2014, 20:56 Creston

Cutter wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 17:29:
There is no better combined strength and cardio exercise, period.

I think swimmers might disagree, but rowing is pretty damn awesome.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2014, 15:23 Creston

Quboid wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 15:10:
You've some nerve whining about me calling you out on this when you STILL haven't figured it out.

Is that supposed to sound intimidating or something? Because instead it sounds like a shrill little girl screaming that she's right and everyone else is wrong.

The entire fucking WORLD says that people in soccer flop way way way too much, and that it makes the sport plain irritating to watch sometimes. You pretend that there is little to no flopping, and that it's legitimately players being injured for 5 seconds, and then shrugging it off.

Okay dude. Whatever. I'm done fucking arguing with you about it. I genuinely couldn't give two shits about soccer to begin with, so thump your little chest and proclaim victory. You've won. There is no flopping in soccer. Rolleyes

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2014, 14:36 Creston

1badmf wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 14:08:
it'll be another generation of players, maybe two, before we can legitimately challenge for the cup.

Not if your best players keep staying mired in the swamp of poor play that is US soccer. All your best players need to play in European leagues for 8-10 years, then come back and raise the level of play in the entire US. This is a process that will take 20-30 years, but it's the only way it's going to happen.

Your best players aren't going to get better if all they play against are the dregs of US Soccer.

Germany dominated throughout, with the exception of the last two minutes when the US FINALLY started attacking. If none of your players can beat the opposing player one-on-one, all you're left with is continuously passing it around, and that rarely leads to wins.

I was amazed Germany only scored once. (Your goalie had a lot to do with that, and the defense played well.)

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2014, 13:49 Creston

descender wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 11:56:
http://online.wsj.com/articles/the-world-rankings-of-flopping-1403660175

Where'd that guy go that was defending flopping?

There is no flopping. It's all just people getting terribly hurt in this dangerous, dangerous sport.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jun 26, 2014, 13:45 Creston

nin wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 11:45:
Creston wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 11:39:
IDDQD

I Double Dip Queer Doritos?

I Don't Dare Quip Dingos?

I Don't Demand Quails Dancing?

I Do Daring Queenly Deeds!

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Jun 26, 2014, 13:45 Creston

Simon Says wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 12:16:
up up, down down, left right, left right, B, A, Select, Start

I knew someone would put that one up

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2014, 11:50 Creston

I have a nasty suspicion that Der Mannschaft is going to wallop the shit out of the US.

Then Portugal will beat Ghana by 11 goals, meaning they go on, and not the US.

Then everyone at my company will be so pissed off that we close, and I get the afternoon off.

THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 26, 2014, 11:43 Creston

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 09:22:
The killer drone complaint is retarded

What? Margot Al Harazi just blew up a hospital in London with a hijacked drone, man!

Don't worry though. Jack will have it fixed in ~ 6 hours.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 26, 2014, 11:39 Creston

Oculus accuses Zenimax of trying to cash in.

Rest of the world: Well DUH.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jun 26, 2014, 11:39 Creston

IDDQD  

News Comments > Sleeping Dogs Developer Making F2P Game
3. Re: Sleeping Dogs Developer Making F2P Game Jun 26, 2014, 11:16 Creston

"We're confident it's going to be a smash hit."

I guess he has to say that. If he'd said what he really thought, e.g. "We're sorta hopeful maybe someone will play it and put some money in the cash shop", it doesn't sound as exciting.

News Comments > Minecraft Passes 50M Units Sold
24. Re: Minecraft Passes 50M Units Sold Jun 26, 2014, 11:14 Creston

InBlack wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 10:14:
Its kind of sad to see that in the park though. Whats the point of going outside to play if they are basically still playing minecraft on their ipads or whatever?? Sigh...50 years from now kids wont even know what a tree looks like in real life, they will probably recognise one in a picture on their tablet OCULUS RIFT of choice...

Fixed.

News Comments > Minecraft Passes 50M Units Sold
22. Re: Minecraft Passes 50M Units Sold Jun 26, 2014, 11:12 Creston

That is incredibly impressive. Kudos Notch/Mojang.

Also, holy shit, the original Mario for the NES sold 40 million copies?

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 25, 2014, 19:52 Creston

Dear God, how dumb are people that they fall for this phishing shit. "Hi, we need you to run this file we just sent to your computer, k?!"

We teach four-year-olds not to take candy from strangers, but apparently on the internet almost everyone is a 2 year old.

22969 Comments. 1149 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo