Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 22119 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
6. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 8, 2013, 16:30 Creston

Okay, can someone explain to me in short terms how exactly Bitcoins can be 'mined?' Because that really baffles me.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $34 Million
11. Re: Star Citizen Hits $35 Million Dec 8, 2013, 16:28 Creston

El Pit wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 16:12:
http://science.nasa.gov/astrophysics/focus-areas/black-holes/

Astronomers believe that supermassive black holes lie at the center of virtually all large galaxies, even our own Milky Way.

And? It is still believed that eventually said supermassive black holes will swallow all matter in their respective galaxies. Thus, everything is in a degenerative orbit.

But I will admit that I probably misunderstood the blurb. I took it that they were saying that the planets were on a stable orbit around the black hole, which it's not specifically saying.

IN ANY CASE, I still think it'd be cool to see.

9. Re: Star Citizen Hits $35 Million Dec 8, 2013, 16:06 Creston

verybad1 wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 15:37:
It's not a physics impossibility at all. A black hole has to be @10 times the mass of our sun in order to form. So long as the planet(s) are orbiting at a distance far enough from the black hole that they wouldn't be torn apart by a regular sun that size, then they could survive orbiting the black hole.

For a cosmological instant, yes. The entire point of a black hole is that it doesn't allow for stable orbits. Everything eventually gets sucked in.

Admittedly, the blurb doesn't say that the planets have a stable orbit, so perhaps they are on a course to being sucked in.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2013, 16:02 Creston

That Lions-Eagles game may have been the best game all year. What an awesome game.

Edit: The Vikings - Ravens game may actually have it beat. WE NEED MORE GAMES IN THE SNOW!
Edit2: HOOLLLYYYYY SNIZZZZLLLEEEEEE. Four touchdowns in 2 minutes!

This comment was edited on Dec 8, 2013, 16:22.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 8, 2013, 14:12 Creston

All of this will be a bummer for anyone who upgraded to Windows 8.1, because IE11 was included as part of the upgrade and there's no way to roll back to the previous version once you're running Redmond's latest OS.

If you're dumb enough to still use IE as your browser, no matter which version, you deserve all the crap that goes with it.

Microsoft products being incompatible with other Microsoft products? My word, how unusual. (note: It's not unusual.)

News Comments > The Division Engine Trailer
2. Re: The Division Engine Trailer Dec 8, 2013, 14:08 Creston

It sure looks purdy. I really hope this game will live up to its premise and hype, because it could be really awesome.  

1. Re: Star Citizen Hits $35 Million Dec 8, 2013, 14:07 Creston

the Tamsa System, a risky place to play, as it includes two planets orbiting a black hole.

Physics impossibilities aside, that would be cool as hell.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2013, 14:05 Creston

Bwahahahaha. There's like a foot of snow on the field at Philly. (I loved that punt that hit the ground, bounced 2 inches and was dead.) And the Redskins are down 31-0 5 minutes into the second quarter.

This is what makes FOOTBAW awesome!

News Comments > Telltale Announces Tales from the Borderlands
2. Re: Telltale Announces Tales from the Borderlands Dec 8, 2013, 13:56 Creston

Could be interesting. The setting of Pandora is actually pretty cool, even though borderlands itself doesn't really do much with it.

News Comments > Elijah Wood Joins Broken Age
1. Re: Elijah Wood Joins Broken Age Dec 8, 2013, 13:55 Creston

We still need Sheldon!

And Sam!

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Dec 8, 2013, 13:47 Creston

I quite liked the PAR, but not enough that I visited it daily. It was more of a "Hey, that looks interesting" link from their main page that I'd click.

I hope Ben will land on his feet. I think he's pretty good.

We are quite literally looking for a person that can do four jobs: Web Development, Software Development, Sys Admin, and the (dreaded) GENERAL IT

Yeah, good luck finding that guy. SysAdmins don't do development and vice versa. Most software devs don't really do web dev, though I guess you might find a dabbler. And NO developer knows SHIT about general IT support.

And they want all that for little money? Heh.

This comment was edited on Dec 8, 2013, 13:54.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
19. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 8, 2013, 12:15 Creston

Prez wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 05:11:
Talk about a giant can of worms. Best not to open it I say.

Actually, I'd rather we go the other way around. The President blatantly lies to the american public? Done. See ya. Get his ass out of there, and get the next guy in.

Sure, it may take two dozen worthless presidents, each of them leaving faster than the other, but eventually we'll get a president who realizes he is here to SERVE the people, not to fucking grandstand and make shit worse, then lie about it, and who will decide that telling the truth is really the way to go.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 8, 2013, 12:06 Creston

Prez wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 05:27:
What a world we live in where the people who do the least in the creation of the art make the most off of the sales of the art.

It's not just art where that's the case. That's basically in every single industry in the entire world.

As for the artists whining how little money they get, how about you artists man the fuck up, cut out your record label, and do a direct deal with streaming radio, or sell songs directly from your website?

"WAAAAH THEN WE DON'T GET THE RECORD LABEL'S MONEY UP FRONT! WAAAAH"

Ergo, Latin, we want to have our cake, we want to eat it, and we want to get paid for eating cake. And we want to get paid for people watching us eat cake, double if they do so live.

Boohoo.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
44. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 7, 2013, 17:28 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Dec 7, 2013, 03:23:
nin wrote on Dec 7, 2013, 02:49:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 7, 2013, 02:43:
I guess motivation to play games is the mother of learning.

Got me into PCs...Wing Commander sure as hell wasn't going to run straight out of the box.

Hell, WC3 wouldn't run even AFTER I tweaked it all to hell. I had to spend $1500 on new hardware before I could run it. Still, that startup sequence was too cool.

Wing Commander 3 was the very first game I specifically bought a new graphics card for. A Matrox G2000 or something, I believe.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2013, 17:24 Creston

Cutter wrote on Dec 7, 2013, 13:17:
Yeah, we'll it sure as shit hasn't changed anything since WWII.

Well, it kind of has. Now when a country is at war, most of its citizens just go on with their daily lives and at most they pay attention when it's on the news. There also really aren't mass bombings of civilian centers anymore (except in terrorism), and it's more small units of highly trained, highly equipped operatives carrying out missions than massive advances of troops of infantry and mechanized divisions. (though the latter occasionally still happens.) All in all, deaths in war are now measured in the hundreds TO thousands, rather than the hundreds OF thousands.

But I heartily agree that we DO forget. We continuously repeat mistakes of the past, over and over and over again.

Look at what happened to Japan and Germany post-war when they weren't allowed military spending. They became manufacturing and trade superpowers while Russia and the US went broke.

Eh, Germany and Japan are just about as broke, if not MORE broke, than the US is. And Russia's been broke for decades.

In fact, other than China and India, I think just about everybody is broke.

8. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 7, 2013, 17:21 Creston

Cutter wrote on Dec 7, 2013, 15:42:
So is there anyone in congress who's pants aren't on fire?

Wyden seems pretty good. If he was my senator, I'd vote for him. He's about the only one though.

VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS EXCEPT WYDEN.

News Comments > Survivor2299/Fallout 4 Hoax
17. Re: Survivor2299/Fallout 4 Hoax Dec 7, 2013, 17:20 Creston

Kosumo wrote on Dec 7, 2013, 15:07:
Who ever was running that site missed the boat big time .... they should have started selling in games spaceships.

Hahahaha so true.

1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 7, 2013, 11:57 Creston

Oh, don't be silly, Sensenbrenner. You get prosecuted if you lie to congress if you're part of the common plebs. Not if you work for the almighty Federal government yourself!  

News Comments > Survivor2299/Fallout 4 Hoax
6. Re: Survivor2299/Fallout 4 Hoax Dec 7, 2013, 11:54 Creston

If those Bethesda tards would just ANNOUNCE Fallout 4 already, this wouldn't be an issue.  

48. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2013, 22:41 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 19:03:
So I got that 40-inch LED tv from woot a few days ago, and it was supposed to be delivered today - but this is a first for me, Fed Ex page says "Delivery Exception Local Weather Delay - Delivery not attempted"

wha!? I wonder if the truck broke down cause of the cold, cause it isn't a storm today - but it is damn cold at 1 F. Cause that message didn't come in until 2:07, so the truck had been out almost all day. Weird.

Never seen that before, no. Even if the truck broke down, they normally just send another one to pick up the packages and deliver them anyway. Was it really icy on the roads or something?

22119 Comments. 1106 pages. Viewing page 70.
< Newer [ 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo