Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 23366 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ] Older >

News Comments > GeForce Beta Drivers
12. Re: GeForce Beta Drivers Apr 7, 2014, 14:49 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 12:51:
I always wonder why they do not share more details on those performance increase claims.

Because then everyone would see that they're pretty much bogus, duh!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Prequel Plans?
18. Re: Borderlands 2 Prequel Plans? Apr 7, 2014, 14:48 Creston

Eh, I agree it's probably not rushed, but prequel story, featuring the villain everyone loved, done by a different studio, four characters with names that sound rather like the four from BL2.

Pretty much screams "Let's milk this franchise for all its worth!" to me.

News Comments > Full Watch Dogs System Specs
44. Re: Full Watch Dogs System Specs Apr 7, 2014, 11:34 Creston

Towyn wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 08:31:
On a note, South Park does not require UPlay either, Ubisoft seems to finally get the hint that Steam + UPlay is not necessary and keeps UPlay off Steam games

South Park wasn't a first-party title. (Ie, it wasn't developed by a Ubisoft studio.) I wouldn't really get my hopes up that Ubi will stop mandating Uplay...

Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 08:37:
There's quite a bit of choppiness in the videos for the game so I expect it to run like crap even on recommended. Maybe those videos were made on consoles. Hopefully it won't be as bad as X-Rebirth.

I wouldn't worry about that. You can say what you want about Ubisoft's games, but they make very good PC ports. *knocks frantically on every piece of wood in the vicinity*
I would be shocked (SHOCKED, Cotton! SHOCKED!) if they released a turd like X:Rebirth.

News Comments > etc.
1. V:TM Apr 7, 2014, 11:29 Creston

The link is to an incredibly old post (from 2010). This seems to be the most current location for info on this mod:

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 7, 2014, 11:11 Creston

One big reason we lack internet competition: The government tries its hardest to guarantee and continue the current status quo/monopolies the big telcos and cablecos have over their markets.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 7, 2014, 11:08 Creston

While I applaud the idea, how is that underpowered piece of crap going to emulate a 360? There just doesn't seem to be enough sheer raw power to do it (properly.)  

News Comments > On ESO Charges
10. Re: On ESO Charges Apr 7, 2014, 11:04 Creston

"Hey, with your game purchase comes 30 days of free game time. However, we do put an authorization charge on your bank account to make sure you can actually afford the 15 dollar fee... that you don't owe us until next month.

"Don't worry, it's totally legit!"

Usually this authorization hold lasts a short period of time before being removed. It can vary from bank to bank.

Most banks leave that on there for three frikkin days.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Prequel Plans?
9. Re: Borderlands 2 Prequel Plans? Apr 7, 2014, 11:02 Creston

"People liked Borderlands! Quick, rush out some sequels so we can cash in!!!"

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2014, 17:27 Creston

harlock wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 01:08:
again, its chemical - not magnetic fields

injuries and the process of healing itself are surrounded by biological chemical reactions

It might be for cancer and other such things, but not everything is. For example, seizure-prone people have aid dogs that will basically warn them if they are about to have a seizure, and they train those dogs by emitting electrical fields from a machine that precisely match the one from the owner who has the seizures.

Anyway, however they do it, it's amazing.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
6. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 6, 2014, 17:25 Creston

Well, Viacom's viewers are waaaaay down, so correspondingly they get way less ad money, so obviously their response is "Shit, hike fees!"

Fuck it, drop Viacom. It produces nothing but garbage anyway.

18. Re: Full Watch Dogs System Specs Apr 6, 2014, 17:21 Creston

harlock wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 15:53:
Creston wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 15:48:
Eight cores? Hot dayum.

naw, i7-3770 is 4 core with hyperthreading

an 8 core i7 would be pretty awesome tho

Oh, duh. My bad. Probably a good time to to start waking up...

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Apr 6, 2014, 15:52 Creston

Nooooo. You mean Tom Wheeler, the FCC chairman who used to be the cablecos' biggest lobbyist is NOT going to tackle something that would be detrimental to said cablecos? WHOWOULDATHUNKIT?

Fuck you, Tom Wheeler. You're just as useless a piece of shit as that fucking assbag Genachowski was.

12. Re: Full Watch Dogs System Specs Apr 6, 2014, 15:48 Creston

Eight cores? Hot dayum.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
10. Re: Saturday Consolidation Apr 5, 2014, 23:14 Creston

PropheT wrote on Apr 5, 2014, 14:23:
I'm not sure it was one of the biggest clusterfucks ever, since it has actually sold pretty well since it launched. It's sort of a confusing system since many of the gripes about it are actually legitimate, but it still seems to do just fine anyway.

You need to see that in context, though. The 360 was the big winner of its cycle (at least until all the way late when the PS3 started getting some ground back), and the xbone is getting trounced quite handily by the PS4.

I doubt many people at MS are happy about how the bone is doing.

Prez wrote on Apr 5, 2014, 21:22:
As for CFs, SimCity. THAT was a CF.

EA and clusterfucks are becoming quite the cozy bedfellows...

They should just change their name to CFA.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 5, 2014, 22:19 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Apr 5, 2014, 22:00:
harlock wrote on Apr 5, 2014, 21:24:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 5, 2014, 20:08:
Dog Detects Cancer in Owner's Body Before Medical Scans, Saves Life.

That's amazing, and I've read similar stories before. I wonder how the dog "knows" that the cancer is bad? Why is it bad and not just different? Truly a mystery.

it smells like a deadly disease to them.. actually i knew a guy who smelled his own throat cancer, which was what prompted him to go the doctor in the first place, said it smelled like rotting flesh/garbage

dogs noses are many orders of magnitude more powerful than any human sense organ - they perceive "odors" on a whole other level than just a "smell"

Right, dogs noses super powerful. I'm just curious why the dog interpreted that smell as "bad." The dogs I grew up with would roll in a rotting animal of they found one.

I don't know if it's the particular smell, to be honest. They just seem to know when someone (or something, like another dog) is injured. When my wife had hurt her leg (on the inside), my dogs were sniffing it and licking it. My girl dog tore her ACL, and her brother would lick it and sniff it.

Then, when my boy dog had seemed to injure his leg, but we weren't sure, my cat came and sniffed it. They just somehow seem to know that it's not right. Maybe it's a magnetic field thing?

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 5, 2014, 22:17 Creston

Happy level-up day, Bats!

News Comments > Age of Mythology Extended Edition Next Month
17. Re: Age of Mythology Extended Edition Next Month Apr 4, 2014, 14:57 Creston

netnerd85 wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 12:40:
Creston wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 12:51:
Wow, 25 bucks, really?

I'll buy it if it's 5.
Come on the original version is $5 in stores.

$15-20 for the upgrade is a thank you.

No, that's a rip-off. It's a twelve year old game that a graphics guy did two days of work on.

Hey, if you want to pay 20 bucks, more power to you, but I'm not buying twelve year old games for 20 bucks.

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 13:23:
Regular price is $30, lawl...

They have GOT to be kidding.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 4, 2014, 13:50 Creston

The united states needs to stop with all this fucking bullshit. It was already flat-out ridiculous, and now it's just gone into the realm of true fucking absurdity.

News Comments > Limit Theory Economics Lesson
10. Re: Limit Theory Economics Lesson Apr 4, 2014, 13:15 Creston

dj LiTh wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 08:17:
With each and every update this kid just reaffirms my belief that he's a genius. The Kickstarter money has already paid for itself just watching this kid work, the game is a bonus.

This game's economy i have a feeling is going to destroy Egosoft forever.

Egosoft needs no help in destroying themselves.

The only thing that kinda puzzles me is how do you do a true supply and demand economy when you, essentially, simulate an infinite universe?

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Launches
21. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Launches Apr 4, 2014, 11:49 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 11:44:
Like any new MMO, I see people in chat complaining about things not "being like WoW".

I find the gaming experience a lot more enjoyable by creating a new tab naming it "Quiet" and unchecking "Yell" and "Zone".

The day someone showed me how to do that in GW2 was an ultra-blessed day

23366 Comments. 1169 pages. Viewing page 70.
< Newer [ 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo