Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 23326 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Announced
11. Re: Far Cry 4 Announced May 15, 2014, 14:38 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on May 15, 2014, 14:12:
Ugh, already sick of this 5-platform support crap. New generation of consoles comes out, and we're still being held back by 10-year-old hardware. What's the deal?

150+ million potential customers. sadly.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
14. Re: Into the Black May 15, 2014, 13:28 Creston

Pigeon wrote on May 14, 2014, 19:53:
I'd call that dog a pussy for attacking a defenseless child

Honestly, it didn't look like it was attacking to me. It was grabbing the child's pants and trying to tear them off.

Not saying it's okay, but it wasn't biting the child or trying to harm the child. It was either playing, or trying to get at a dirty diaper.

News Comments > Into the Black
13. Re: Into the Black May 15, 2014, 13:26 Creston

Damn, that cat takes no prisoners! He goes hard up in this shit! BIG CAT, BIG NUTS!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2014, 13:17 Creston

Anyway, the fast food people picked a good day to strike, because MayFest started today, and I've been happily eating food from all the food trucks, who aren't on strike.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Watch Dogs
37. Re: Gone Gold - Watch Dogs May 15, 2014, 13:11 Creston

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 14, 2014, 21:31:
saluk wrote on May 14, 2014, 19:44:
Yay can we move on to the next overhyped excessively developed game now? Anyone have any guesses on what it will be or where it will come from?

Without question, it will be: The Division.

Oh, hell no. There's been little news about the Division at all, a few trailers and that's it.

You want to talk hype, you look at Destiny. $500 million, my ass.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Watch Dogs
36. Re: Gone Gold - Watch Dogs May 15, 2014, 13:09 Creston

Beamer wrote on May 14, 2014, 19:45:
Simon Says wrote on May 14, 2014, 19:44:
"A next-gen experience" @ less than 1080p and 30 fps. XD

Yeah... right!

Because resolution and frame rate are the only defining qualities, or even most important defining qualities, of "next generation?"

Well... If you upgrade your PC for 500 bucks, and after the upgrade it still runs the same framerate and same resolution as it did before, and it doesn't look massively better, would you be happy?

I know, it's early in the dev cycle, and they'll learn to optimize, etc etc etc, but on the flipside, both these 'consoles' are essentialy just PCs. So it's not as if the devs have to learn how to program a Cell processor or something else that's completely new. I'm sure most if not all of them know how to code for a PC.

So is it really the "Things will get optimized", or did MS (and Sony, to a lesser extent), just badly skimp on power to keep the box affordable.

I think that 1.6ghz CPU is going to kill them two years down the road, 8 cores or not.

Edit: And so far, this generation has offered ZILCH in other functionality. MS was pretending they were going to offer new things, until they did 7000 degrees worth of 180s, but the PS4 is just a "better PS3", except it really doesn't look that much better, and it runs this at 30fps at 900p.

NEXT GEN! Whatever. I vote we rename it Three-Years-Ago Gen.

This comment was edited on May 15, 2014, 13:15.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Announced
4. Re: Far Cry 4 Announced May 15, 2014, 13:00 Creston

The Himalayas could be a very interesting location.  

News Comments > Interceptor Drops a Bombshell
18. Re: Interceptor Drops a Bombshell May 15, 2014, 12:23 Creston

The very first frame on the video shows a bint dressed in, basically, a bikini. PLEASE TAKE US SERIOUSLY LOOKIT TEH BOOBIES!

I give this a premature, yet somehow feeling well-deserved, five dismissive wanks.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Can game industry keep lid on rising costs? May 15, 2014, 11:54 Creston

No. That requires people with actual skills at managing stuff and setting realistic budgets. No such people work at the big publishers.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2014, 11:50 Creston

InBlack wrote on May 15, 2014, 09:53:
Classic example of the huge and ongoing class divide. I know its taboo to speak 'classes' in the US but fuck that particular taboo, the very top invented it anyway...

It's not a class divide thing, it's simply a result of the population growth outpacing job creation. It's happening all over the western world. If you get 1000 more people in your country, with how efficient most things have become, you probably only need 20-30 people to feed and provide services for that 1000. Which leaves 970 of them in need of other jobs. Look how many young adults are unemployed in Europe, they're suffering from the exact same problems the US is suffering from.

In most of Europe higher education is free (although that is eroding under the influence of certain lobbies) if you have the grades.

Perhaps that's changed, but it certainly wasn't the case when I lived in Holland. I still had to pay ~1800 bucks a year in tuition, and then came the nearly a thousand bucks for books, etc. Granted, this is peanuts compared to what certain US colleges charge, but it most definitely wasn't free.

Only the lucky few can get scholarships in the US, most have to pay an arm and a leg,

That's DEFINITELY not true. There are huge amounts of scholarships available, provided the student works hard. And not all of them pay for everything, so it's really not that unusual for students to get multiple scholarships to help them pay for everything. But yes, you do need to have a good GPA in order to qualify for one. If you were a lazy sack of shit in high school and had a 2.1 GPA, hmmm, why aren't you getting a scholarship to go to USC? I wonder...

You're also ignoring that if you go to your State's university, you basically pay little to no tuition. If you go to your local community college, you pay no tuition at all. It's only when you want to go out of state, or go to a private university that, yeah, you have to pay huge amounts of money for your education. Whether that's justified or not, and whether those titles are worth the money being charged for them is not a discussion I want to go into.

In short, what you're saying is simply wrong. End of story.

and who does this benefit you ask? Apart from the universities which are run like miniature corporations, of course...

Again, you are equating private universities with state and locally funded universities, which is apples to oranges. Private universities can do whatever the hell they want, since they are a private university.

Interesting sidenote, Yale has actually been talking about doing away with tuition costs, because they receive literally billions of dollars in grants from alumni each year, and they really don't need the tuition money.

Those who dont have to get into debt just to get an education, the sons and daughters of the elites...

Yes, they should be ashamed for having parents who can afford to pay for them to go to college. Rolleyes

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse May 15, 2014, 11:36 Creston

Sad to see those stories about how Amazon basically abuses its workers...  

News Comments > Crytek Showing Two New Games at E3
8. Re: Crytek Showing Two New Games at E3 May 15, 2014, 11:11 Creston

a PC-only multiplayer game

Oh good, another MOBA...

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition
37. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition May 14, 2014, 15:37 Creston

Verno wrote on May 14, 2014, 15:14:
One thing I find interesting though is that how much money people paid for it seems to influence their opinion. I know very few people who paid $60 for DA2 on day one and feel it was worth it. Conversely I know several people who paid $20 or less for it and thought highly of the game.

Oh yeah. I got it for 5 bucks, and thought it was pretty decent for that amount of money. Of course, by the time I got it, I also knew NOT to expect DA:O, but rather some bastardized real time JRPG version with hyper combat, teleporting mages (even though their lore SPECIFICALLY FUCKING SAYS MAGES CAN'T TELEPORT EVEN ONE YARD) and all that other Awesome Button shizz.

Had I gotten it day one for 60 bucks, I probably would have been pretty pissed. But, in the end, I think I'd have still finished it. I quite liked the story and some of the NPCs.

News Comments > The Sims 4 Create-a-Sim Trailer
11. Re: The Sims 4 Create-a-Sim Trailer May 14, 2014, 15:33 Creston

JSP wrote on May 14, 2014, 15:01:
It will be to Sims to what SimCity 5 was to SimCity. Consistent online connection for authentication being one thing

No, joking aside, they actually confirmed on the first day of announcing it that it would be an offline game.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 101 Trailer
15. Re: Watch Dogs 101 Trailer May 14, 2014, 13:49 Creston

Also, this is again just fucking ridiculous.  

6. Re: The Sims 4 Create-a-Sim Trailer May 14, 2014, 13:34 Creston

verybad1 wrote on May 14, 2014, 13:25:
However the basic thing to this appears to be living a boring virtual life instead of living a boring real life.

Hey man, I don't have an endless parade of semi-hot girls making out in my backyard hot tub in real life!

5. Re: The Sims 4 Create-a-Sim Trailer May 14, 2014, 13:34 Creston

ELITE wrote on May 14, 2014, 12:19:
I wonder if it requires an internet connection to calculate individual sim bowel movements.

All the calculations those sliders require can't possibly be done by your local machine. ONLY TEH EA CLOUD MAJICS CAN SAVE YOU!

News Comments > Watch Dogs 101 Trailer
14. Re: Watch Dogs 101 Trailer May 14, 2014, 12:03 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on May 14, 2014, 07:59:
Also noticed from the trailer the tablet app can only be used with the console version of the game?

Yeah, they were pretty heavily emphasizing the word "CONSOLE" every time during that companion app business, which kinda sucks, but otoh, so far pretty much every companion app for their games has been absolutely terrible, so I doubt we'll miss much.

News Comments > GRID Autosport Trailer
2. Re: GRID Autosport Trailer May 14, 2014, 11:47 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on May 13, 2014, 19:48:
I wonder if there will be any discount for Grid 2 owners.

If not, I'm not buying this until it's on sale for 10 bucks.

Edit: I saw a RavenWest car! It'd be awesome if the teams/money system returns from the original Grid!

13. Russia May 14, 2014, 11:35 Creston

Great, let's go back to the fucking cold war...

23326 Comments. 1167 pages. Viewing page 52.
< Newer [ 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo