Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 23573 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ] Older >

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Siege Announced
15. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Announced Jun 10, 2014, 12:58 Creston

Siygess wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 05:57:
..then HappyPanda77 runs into the cottage, past the fireplace and into the kitchen to turn in his quest to the NPC and get some new pants.

Giggle

The destruction is cool, but other than that this looks pretty forgettable.

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 2014, 13:05.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Crew in November, Closed Beta Signups Now
1. Re: The Crew in November, Closed Beta Signups Now Jun 10, 2014, 12:53 Creston

Here's some feedback: Put an actual decent driving model in your game, because the arcade crap you're showing off looks pathetic.

I do want to drive across the US in a game, but not if driving in said game is boring as fuck.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity in October; New Trailers
17. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity in October; New Trailers Jun 10, 2014, 12:44 Creston

NKD wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 07:29:
SS wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 06:58:
Presumably a multi-million dollar budget and they cant afford actors that can do a French accent.

I see this kind of comment a lot when it comes to games, but believe it or not, it's intentional. Ubisoft is a French company, and their biggest studio is in Montreal. Most of the developers are probably French speakers. It's not as if they are being lazy or ignorant or can't find people with French accents. They just don't want voice actors with thick accents. It can make people hard to understand, and in the worst cases, can be very grating to the ears to hear for hours on end.

This is why you'll see thicker accents trimmed back to be merely the flavor of an accent. Native French speakers usually have very thick accents when speaking English. It's not very pleasant to the ears.

For example, Edward Kenway was voiced by a genuine Welsh actor, but not one with a particularly thick Welsh accent.

Basically, no one wants to listen to more accented voices. They are fucking annoying. It's like talking to Samesh in Customer Care for the 20-40 hour length of a game.

This. Also, when a company DOES get someone with an actual French (or whatever) accent, simpleton dipshit gamers the world over complains that it sounds fake because nobody really even knows what an "XXXX accent" is supposed to sound like.

(case in point: Leliana in Dragon Age Origins.)

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity in October; New Trailers
16. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity in October; New Trailers Jun 10, 2014, 12:41 Creston

saluk wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 23:57:
My biggest issue with the AC games are the mission design.

STAY CLOSE TO YOUR TARGET TO OVERHEAR WHAT THEY'RE SAYING!!!!

If this has a single fucking eavesdrop mission, they can go fuck themselves.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Trailer
18. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Jun 10, 2014, 12:38 Creston

Squeeeee.

Looks great. Can't wait to see in what terrible shape they'll launch it at...

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Trailer
4. Re: Mirror's Edge Trailer Jun 10, 2014, 12:34 Creston

The running looks exactly the same as the first game, so eh...

Also, I wish designers would stop with this horseshitinsane idea that you can slide into a person from the front and launch them off their feet. All that would happen is that you'd come to a dead stop right in front of them, and they shoot you in the face.

Might be cool still, but this first video is very underwhelming. I was expecting a new movement system that'd be much more fluid.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Trailers
6. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Trailers Jun 10, 2014, 12:29 Creston

Yeah the acting/talking is just distracting. No MP game ever gets that verbal and yet to-the-point as that.

That said, if the game will actually play like it's shown here, it might be genuinely amazing. It looks GREAT.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 1
23. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 1 Jun 10, 2014, 11:57 Creston

What he said: "You are shaping the future of Xbox," Spencer noted as the presentation got started, "and we are better for it."

What he meant: "Goddammit, why can't you fuckers just be happy that you can watch the NFL on this thing?!"

Edit:
Bioware’s logo then flashed up over a magical, medieval setting (along with a notice that said "premiere content first on Xbox"),

FUCK YOU BIOWARE.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 10, 2014, 11:52 Creston

So basically a large amount of the new games for PS4 and xbone is just remasters of old PS3/360 titles?

FEEL THE POWER OF NEXT GEN.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
5. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jun 10, 2014, 11:43 Creston

Cutter wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 21:27:
I dunno man, much as it pains me to say it, it does look pretty good at this point. I can only hope the Qun hold a major role in it.

I doubt they will, to be honest. It's set in Orlais, and from the lore it doesn't seem as if the Qun and Orlais are the best of friends. So that'd leave another Qun contingent being there and causing trouble, and that would basically be a rewrite of the DA2 story line. (Though reusing the same set piece over and over and over again IS pretty much a Bioware staple, I doubt they'd be that blatant.)

In any case, I'm pretty excited for DA3. It looks great, the few trailers I've seen about the combat make it seems nice and tactical again, and there's not going to be much, if any, reusing of dungeons. Count me in (not preordering anymore though...)

Also: Leliana (yay!)

And the music is fantastic.

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 and New BioWare IP Teased
11. Re: Mass Effect 4 and New BioWare IP Teased Jun 10, 2014, 11:26 Creston

I'm happy about ME4.

*watches trailer. Sees Mac Walters.*

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU......

New virtual world, eh. They're already working on DA and ME, how big have they become??

Edit: The ME music does give me shivers though. So beautiful.

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 2014, 12:54.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall
34. Re: Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall Jun 10, 2014, 11:16 Creston

Fantaz wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 10:45:
this is awesome!

and great timing for me, because Rockstar Games just contacted me for a job interview right around seeing the GTA5 news and i'm hyped as hell! probably wouldn't get to work on GTA5 if i landed the position but still pretty happy.

Good luck on the interview, dude!

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall
33. Re: Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall Jun 10, 2014, 11:13 Creston

FUKC YYEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!~21@!82429!!!!!!!

Edit: Also, the trailer was on PS4, holy heck. It's going to look even BETTER STILL on the pc.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 0
6. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 0 Jun 9, 2014, 18:16 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 15:21:
The Division looks better than ever but since it is a Ubisoft game I wonder how much of a graphical degeneration it will go through until it is released.

I believe they're making it PS4/bone/PC only, so at least it doesn't have to get dumbed down to the nth degree to work on ten year old shitty hardware.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Closed Beta Instant Access Now
9. Re: Battlefield Hardline Closed Beta Instant Access Now Jun 9, 2014, 17:42 Creston

Julio wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 17:34:
Beta = Done when it comes to EA BF games recently. They should be ready to go shortly with the final version

Yeah, it might be in stores next week.

News Comments > Battlezone II Patch Restores Multiplayer
11. Re: Battlezone II Patch Restores Multiplayer Jun 9, 2014, 15:00 Creston

Parias wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 11:58:
Gib007 wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 11:48:
I loved Battlezone I and II myself. Indeed there has been nothing to replace it thus far, but it something did, or if they even made Battlezone III, everyone would think it was crap and the original was better. The market today is saturated and there's always the "sequel sucks" psychology.

It's a bit of a different setting, but Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising is the same sort of RTS / action game mix, with roughly the same kind of direct-ordering system for bossing your units around (or directly going into the action yourself).

It's also got a half-decent story to boot (narrated by Tom Baker!) and is worth a look if you were a Battlezone fan.

Absolutely seconded. Hostile Waters is one of my favorite games of all time. I still replay it every year or so.

Bonus: It's back on GOG!

News Comments > Battlezone II Patch Restores Multiplayer
10. Re: Battlezone II Patch Restores Multiplayer Jun 9, 2014, 14:59 Creston

Kudos to those programmers for doing this. That's awesome, guys.  

News Comments > H1Z1 "My Evil Ways" E3 Trailer
6. Re: H1Z1 Jun 9, 2014, 14:58 Creston

Apparently Sony can't afford to finish the game before they start selling it. Rolleyes  

News Comments > Two Tomb Raider Games Announced
3. Re: Two Tomb Raider Games Announced Jun 9, 2014, 14:57 Creston

Only played the first reboot for a little bit, I have to go back and start over again.

Four player co-op action game? Sounds like Eidos trying to cram the Tomb Raider license into Diablo?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2014, 14:52 Creston

Verno wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 14:33:
That was really underwhelming. Felt like a very "safe" showing when they should have been swinging for the fences.

I take it you're talking about MS? Two months ago they were bleating "We're gonna rock everyone's socks off at E3!"

So, did they announce their one new game?

23573 Comments. 1179 pages. Viewing page 52.
< Newer [ 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo