Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 23529 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ] Older >

News Comments > 64-Bit PC Dead Rising 3 Confirmed
21. Re: 64-Bit PC Dead Rising 3 Confirmed Jun 5, 2014, 16:00 Creston

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 13:34:
Creston wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 12:28:
Will it come with GfMFWL? It IS Capcom after all.

"Dead Rising 3 for PC will include Steam platform support with Steam Achievements, Steam Cloud, Steam Trading Cards, global leaderboards and full game controller support. Also compatible with the keyboard and mouse, players will be able to toggle back and forth between the two in real time. "

Wooosh.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Watch Dogs Conspiracy! DLC Released
13. Re: Watch Dogs Conspiracy! DLC Released Jun 5, 2014, 15:59 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 14:11:
The AR games are terrible. The only good one is the Carmageddon like one....

The spider one isn't fun? It looked fun in preview videos.

News Comments > Why World of Darkness Went Dark
10. Re: Why World of Darkness Went Dark Jun 5, 2014, 12:31 Creston

panbient wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 12:10:
Original management gets lucky, grows arrogant, developers suffer, arrogance fails to pay the bills, studio folds.

So, basically like 3DRealms then? (I guess they haven't folded yet, but eh.)

News Comments > 64-Bit PC Dead Rising 3 Confirmed
3. Re: 64-Bit PC Dead Rising 3 Confirmed Jun 5, 2014, 12:28 Creston

Will it come with GfMFWL? It IS Capcom after all.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Released
111. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 5, 2014, 12:03 Creston

Fly wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 00:51:
The engine can handle details but NOT massive environments.

Wot? It's the crysis 3 engine. It's just fine at massive environments. In fact, massive environments and pretty graphics have been just about the only things that Crytek's engines have all been good at.

News Comments > Sniper Elite V2 Free Today
23. Re: Sniper Elite V2 Free Today Jun 5, 2014, 11:59 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 00:46:
Hyatus wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 00:08:
You don't have to install it immediately. Just click the install button. It won't automatically download.

It doesn't go into your library until it's installed.

Erm, it's sitting in my Games list and I've not installed it. Not sure what you guys are going on about. You click install and it just assigns it to your games list just as if you would buy it. Then you can choose to immediately download and install it, or just leave it there.

The game gets assigned to your account when you hit install, whether you actually download it or not.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2014, 11:18 Creston

RIP Don Zimmer...  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 5, 2014, 11:17 Creston

1080p, 30fps. FEEL THE POWER OF NEXT-GEN!  

News Comments > Why World of Darkness Went Dark
5. Re: Why World of Darkness Went Dark Jun 5, 2014, 11:15 Creston

CCP obviously read George Broussard's "How To Make A Game 101" guide.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Trading Video
12. Re: Elite Dangerous Trading Video Jun 5, 2014, 11:13 Creston

I never thought about it in the original Elite, but now I have to wonder why coriolis stations have a rotating docking port. Did Braben not watch Babylon 5? :p

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Jun 5, 2014, 00:14 Creston

Hollman was the guy who got hired by MS last year to head up their "re-dedication to PC gaming" and who bleated how much they'd changed and how THIS TIME they were going to get it right yadda yadda yadda.

Four months later he quit/was fired. It makes you wonder why MS even keeps pretending, but there truly is no limit to their inanity.

Anyway, Oculus does have quite a talent pool assembled. Let's hope it will translate into an awesome device.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 5, 2014, 00:11 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 21:37:
But this is actually meaningful. They released resources reserved for Kinect. It's not PR fluff, it's an actual improvement. Modest, but still tangible.

It only took them eight months to admit what everyone else was already telling them: That Kinect was a worthless piece of shit.

Never in the history of ever has a company ever eaten so much crow.

News Comments > Stardock Working on Eight Games
4. Re: Stardock Working on Eight Games Jun 5, 2014, 00:08 Creston

So... they're not making anywhere near enough money on mobile in comparison to even PC DLC, but they continue to support mobile as an investment in the future? This makes no sense.

Neither does working on EIGHT games.

43. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2014, 20:51 Creston

nin wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 18:03:
BA Expressway, westbound, left lane, right before the Sheridan exit? Exact same deal there - guy in front rapidly slowed, to the point that I wasn't sure I was going to stop in time. Once we hit the water, I suddenly knew why he slowed...almost a pants peeing couple of moments.

Mine was on 169 southbound, right at the 61st street exit. It dips quite badly there, and on really bad days they even close it down because of all the water.

It might have helped if they had put the drain at the actual BOTTOM of the dip, rather than about five feet before it gets there, but even so, if the rain would sink through the asphalt rather than just run down the concrete, it wouldn't be an issue.

We should just pay the Germans to come do our roads.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jun 4, 2014, 17:26 Creston

Cutter wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 13:34:
But going around killing and robbing white people is perfectly acceptable is it? Kotaku clickbait is just always wrong on just about every level.

The clickbait section really needs to become a permanent feature here, and every Kotaku article can immediately and automatically be relegated to it.

41. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2014, 17:24 Creston

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 13:20:
I'm not saying you're wrong Creston, but it seems there's a far amount of stuff done in Europe, that doesn't scale well for the US. I can't say if ZOA asphalt is or isn't an example of that.

There's no point in putting ZOAB on every road in the US, obviously that'd bankrupt the country, but when I see highways here in Tulsa that turn into fucking swimming pools when rain falls, I'd imagine that some ZOAB could probably save some lives.

Two weeks ago in terrible rain guys in front of me on the highway suddenly start braking like crazy, swerving into other lains, and before I really figured out what was happening, I suddenly splashed into roughly a foot and a half of standing water. Had the entire highway been ZOAB, it would never have gathered there.

Put it on the busiest and most dangerous roads and it WILL help. Or, we can just do what the US always does, and pretend no better solutions for anything exist, and keep putting down shitty-ass concrete that tears in a year, then smear a 1/2 inch layer of the cheapest and most worthless asphalt on top, and wonder why people keep aquaplaning off the road.

News Comments > NVIDIA Enhancing Ubisoft PC Games
14. Re: NVIDIA Enhancing Ubisoft PC Games Jun 4, 2014, 17:10 Creston

Yay.  

News Comments > Sniper Elite V2 Free Today
1. Re: Sniper Elite V2 Free Today Jun 4, 2014, 17:10 Creston

free game = fantastic  

News Comments > Dying Light E3 Trailer
4. Re: Dying Light E3 Trailer Jun 4, 2014, 17:01 Creston

It looks awesome to me, but I never played Dead Island, so maybe that has something to do with it.

I'm definitely freaking excited for it. Can't wait to play it.

39. Re: Why Solar Roadways Won't Work Jun 4, 2014, 12:57 Creston

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 16:47:
His first complaint is that asphalt is such a wonderful, grippy surface and glass is not. Which is bullshit, as anyone in a state where it rains a lot or freezes in the winter can tell you. Get an inch of rain and your wonderful asphalt is about as grippy as ice.

Shitty American asphalt is, yes.

Well Constructed Asphalt is not. That wiki is in Dutch, so not very useful to you prolly, but the second screenshot on the right shows a road with normal asphalt (ie, the cheap shit the US uses) on the right, and it's wet and slippery, and ZOAB on the left, and the road on the left is basically dry.

ZOAB is porous asphalt, so the rain sinks through it and is then drained to the sides. Tests have shown that it can handle four to fives inches of rainfall an hour (which is like tropical deluge) before it gets overwhelmed.

Why doesn't the US use it? Well, because it's obviously more expensive, and because there is literally not a single human being in the DoT with an IQ above 60.

23529 Comments. 1177 pages. Viewing page 52.
< Newer [ 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo