Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 23008 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2014, 15:55 Creston

A new Star Trek series is not likely to happen any time soon. (FUCK YOU CBS)

CBS has kept saying that they had no interest in a new Star Trek TV show, because of the glut of post-TNG Star Trek as well as who the fuck knows... REASONS. Apparently making money isn't a concern of theirs. They also say that they're happy with the attention the movies are getting, which is crazy since, as I understand it, the movie rights (and thus money made off of it) goes to Paramount.

Star Trek's 50th anniversary is coming up in 2016, and trust CBS to just not do shit about it, because they're totally utterly worthless. But hey, I hear they did greenlight CSI Poughkeepsie.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Outcast Reboot HD Kickstarter
5. Re: Outcast Reboot HD Kickstarter Apr 8, 2014, 12:00 Creston

Are you guys going to use those dumbass voxels again?  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2014, 11:56 Creston

Jivaro wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 11:45:
if Jennifer Lawrence plays Starbuck I am going to hurt someone.

Oh God, yes. HAWWWTTTT.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2014, 11:56 Creston

Jivaro wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 11:39:
Just kinda odd that he had to choose between the two. I mean, lots of people do movies and TV at the same time. Guess the filming schedules just weren't compatible.

That's basically it. Michael Bay says "We're filming from (example) February 25th to May 12th. I need you there every day."

And if GoT films during that time, you just can't do both, especially since they're in completely different locations.

I agree with your premise Creston, although it had to be a tough call to some extent. Thrones is a huge hit.

It's still TV. Most actors will take the big action blockbuster movie job over a TV job any day. It pays a lot more and makes you far more recognizable in Hollywood.

People (like me) who haven't read the books or seen the show still know about it because it is literally everywhere. I would argue that even a supporting role on a show like that is a pretty big resume builder and a guaranteed stepping stone to bigger things whenever the show ends or his character is killed off.

There's no comparison, for Hollywood. Movies are still considered (likely unjustly) to be the #1 game. And let's be honest, it's not as if the guy was playing Tyrion or another major role. He's, in essence, a flunky. Versus being the lead character in a Transformers movie... I'd have done the same thing.

Which begs a different question. I haven't read the books or seen the show but I know enough to know that Martin kills people off like Garfield eats lasagna. I am not saying his character is going to die soon, I would have no idea, but if he knows his character has a terminal point in the not so distant future than taking this movie offer is obviously brilliant. I just wonder how HBO will keep people from accepting better paying jobs in the future. Seems like they should have signed him for the duration of the character's "life" if they wanted to prevent this sort of thing from happening.

Screen Actors Guild rules prevent that, actually. They can sign you for one season with options for however many seasons they want, but they can't make you sign a contract that says "You must be here for 15 seasons."

Most actors will obviously work with a director on availability, but sometimes it just doesn't work out. In this guy's case, he did the right thing: He left between seasons.

That's just how it goes.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 8, 2014, 11:50 Creston

I hope the game does well. Good to see another big kickstarted game being released.  

News Comments > Elder Scrolls Online Update Plans
4. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Update Plans Apr 8, 2014, 11:48 Creston

Really nice looking video. Cool looking zone too.

Just a shame it's not for a single player Elder Scrolls.

News Comments > Elder Scrolls Online Update Plans
3. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Update Plans Apr 8, 2014, 11:44 Creston

You two are MORTAL ENEMIES!  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Requires Uplay
13. Re: Watch Dogs Requires Uplay Apr 8, 2014, 11:34 Creston

SURPRISE!

Oh wait, no, it wasn't.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2014, 11:33 Creston

I was very excited when I saw the "new BSG movie", but it's Yet Another Reboot.

for fuck's sake, hollywood...

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 8, 2014, 11:31 Creston

Good thing I said "allegedly":

From an Ars comment:

Quote:
Current doe in a Malibu Media case. I am innocent and fighting back tooth and nail. I was offered a polygraph to avoid litigation, just like this. I was actually very tempted to take it because I felt strongly that I had nothing to hide and that I would pass. However my lawyer told me in no uncertain terms that if I went ahead with it, there would be no choice but to withdraw as my council and that advising me to do it would amount to legal malpractice.

After reading that nobody in the entirety of MM’s polygraph cases has ever passed, it’s looking like my lawyer’s advice was rock solid.

Also, saying that the polygraph examiner is of the defendant’s choosing is garbage. The polygraph I was offered was an ‘independent’ registered polygrapher selected by the Plaintiff.

I’m almost certain I will be served due to my refusal to take the polygraph, because no other recourse against litigation was ever offered. “High standards prior to serving a defendant” indeed.

So yeah, not independent polygraphs then. As for no other recourse, well, if you're innocent, take them to court and demand court fees back.

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 8, 2014, 11:19 Creston

I was going to say "I'm fairly sure that's not legal," but it's being done on a voluntary basis.

As for the "troll" label, I wouldn't call them a troll. A troll is a law firm that sends out thousands of "Pay us cash or else!" letters and never has any intention whatsoever of ever actually going to court over any of them. They extort people for money with a threat of embarrassment.

These guys have taken people to court, have (allegedly, judging by the article) dismissed hundreds of initial claims for reasons of not being able to properly identify a defendant, and even apparently for reasons of hardship (as in, the defendant can't pay anything anyway), and offer people a legitimate way out by voluntarily taking a lie detector test which, if they pass it, would let them off the hook no matter the evidence against them. (again, allegedly.)

A troll would do none of these things.

They are a producer who defends their content, and from the looks of it, does so in a reasonable and lawful manner. Hell, the RIAA could learn something from these guys.

This comment was edited on Apr 8, 2014, 11:24.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2014, 11:15 Creston

InBlack wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 10:26:
Nevermind. Google is my friend. The dude left on his own, after being offered a lead role in the new "Transporter" film. He plays a 'younger' Stedham....

/facepalm

Hard to argue with that. Being the lead in a summer blockbuster is a MAJOR stepping stone for an actor. Just about every actor would take that over a supporting role in a TV show.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 8, 2014, 11:12 Creston

"Dropping Kinect is not the no.1 Xbox request. And even if it was, we wouldn't admit it, because we've eaten too much crow already."  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 8, 2014, 01:44 Creston

nin wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 00:38:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 00:30:
Ozmodan wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 13:39:
Ford is already dumping windows in the car as it's digital display is abased on it and is a compete disaster. Most of the reviews down grade ford cars because of this. A marketing disaster.

Up to season 4 of Fringe and let me tell you, I am fucking sick and tired of Ford, Microsoft Sync, and Sprint advertisements in the damn show. What I really wanted to see is Walter with the Sync system, not Peter or Olivia. Wasted comedy potential.

If I remember right, X-Files was the same way. Taurus, as far as the eye can see...

I liked the way, in Chuck, it (Subway) became a running gag, as they knew they weren't fooling anybody.

Plus Subway basically saved Chuck for the last two seasons, as they poured in quite a substantial bit of money after the whole fanbase bought Subway sandwiches that one day.

Ford just gave FOX a few dollars, and Olivia is tongue-fucking her Sync every other episode.

It still wasn't as bad as one episode in 24 when Chloe screams in panic "OMG WE'RE GETTING HACKED!" and then Bill, the old guy with no fucking clue how any of the computers work, talks HER through how to activate "Cisco's automated anti-hack" bullshit, which fixed the entire problem.

Fox truly has no bottom level. They WILL stoop lower and lower.

News Comments > GeForce Beta Drivers
21. Re: GeForce Beta Drivers Apr 7, 2014, 21:32 Creston

avianflu wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 16:45:
Plus they use the qualifier "up to" and we all know what that means.

It means that on one single test machine they measured an increase of xx% for half a second, and on every other machine the increase ranged from negligible to a few percent.

"UP TO XX% IMPROVEMENT!!!" screams the marketoid.

News Comments > Full Watch Dogs System Specs
52. Re: Full Watch Dogs System Specs Apr 7, 2014, 21:29 Creston

Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 12:18:
I tend to enjoy Ubisoft's games. I meant low fps like X-Rebirth. Even on GTX 680's in SLI, I only get 30 fps in some areas. I'm still quite disappointed in that game. I waited a long time for it and I rarely get excited about upcoming games.

The reason the FPS is so terrible in rebirth is because their engine is a giant broken mess. The renderer has been literally broken since the very first day of release. People on the forums actually had to figure out what the problem was, Egosoft acknowledged the bug, and has yet to fix it.

X-Rebirth is going to be a "What Not To Do" case study for the next five decades.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 7, 2014, 21:23 Creston

mag wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 15:06:
Because they don't want to pay a thousand full-time workers to go around changing out the dead 360s? I don't know.

That made me spit out my water laughing. Hahahaha.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Apr 7, 2014, 21:21 Creston

I hope it wasn't self-inflicted. Anyway, hope she rests in peace.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 7, 2014, 21:18 Creston

1) Trade in iPhone.
2) Buy an Android phone.

Note: Valid for tablets too.

That Was Easy!(tm)

8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 7, 2014, 14:57 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 14:08:
FCC sides with local cable commissions against Comcast.

A small victory, but a victory nonetheless.

It's just window dressing. They have to rule against the big corporations from time to time, otherwise everyone would see they're just a mouthpiece for coporate desires.

Now when they rule in favor of Comcast being legally allowed to fuck you up the ass and charge you 300 dollars for the privilege, they can bleat and go "Yeah, but, back in April of 2014 we totally ruled against them! We're neutral!"

Useless asswipes.

23008 Comments. 1151 pages. Viewing page 51.
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo