Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 25598 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > GOG.com & Windows 10
27. Re: GOG.com & Windows 10 Jul 29, 2015, 23:39 Creston

Krovven wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 23:08:
Wait, so your stupid "jokes" that have no basis in reality have more merit than my personal experiences or those of people on GoG pointing out compatibility problems?

Yeah, keep kicking that pretty apples-to-oranges straw man you're building there. KICK THAT LITTLE FUCKER HARD!

Edit : Zpeling.

This comment was edited on Jul 29, 2015, 23:56.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Video Diary
2. Who is Rico? Jul 29, 2015, 23:38 Creston

Asked nobody, ever.

Do a freaking video diary about the REAL star of the game, the grappling hook, already!

News Comments > NVIDIA and AMD Windows 10 Drivers
14. Re: NVIDIA and AMD Windows 10 Drivers Jul 29, 2015, 23:36 Creston

Xero wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 22:00:
Keeps failing during the installation part. Says Failed, please try again after it finishes the 2.6gb download or whatever it was. Sucks.

Just download the iso and install it from that.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
16. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 29, 2015, 16:07 Creston

"Since taking office, President Obama has worked with Congress to secure appropriate reforms that balance the protection of civil liberties with the ability of national security professionals to secure information vital to keep Americans safe.

Bullshit.

"Since Edward Snowden released info that showed what a bunch of duplicitious pieces of shit we are in the government, President Obama has worked with Congress to secure appropriate reforms that balance the protection of civil liberties with the ability of national security professionals to secure information vital to keep Americans safe."

Instead of constructively addressing these issues

To WHOM? Before he made all this shit public, there was nowhere to actually GO with this kind of crap. There probably actually still isn't.

The balance between our security and the civil liberties that our ideals and our Constitution require deserves robust debate

Debate that is only possible now BECAUSE OF EDWARD SNOWDEN.

This is the kind of government stoolie that makes 400,000 dollars a year plus benefits for life off our tax money.

News Comments > Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed
28. Re: Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed Jul 29, 2015, 15:59 Creston

AngelicPenguin wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 00:03:
Creston wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 23:29:
jacobvandy wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 19:43:
the removal of grift trials,

What? Why the hell are they getting rid of the trials???

Not sure if joking - but in case not, Trials are tedious and offer no reward.

They take like 1 minute, and offer you the reward of not having to start at grift level 1? Is that not good enough?

22. Re: GOG.com & Windows 10 Jul 29, 2015, 15:56 Creston

Yes krovven, I'm sorry. Next time I'll make sure to ask your permission before making a joke about Steam or Diablo 3.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 29, 2015, 15:45 Creston

We will remember you, Slimram! WE'LL NEVER FORGET!!!

20. Re: GOG.com & Windows 10 Jul 29, 2015, 15:39 Creston

Krovven wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 15:01:
Creston, your statements about Valve are pure conjecture and look like GoG fanbois bullshit.

Really? You mean I don't actually know whether someone at Valve scratched his nutsack today, mentioned Windows 10 and then decided to go play Witcher 3 instead?

I'm stunned... Rolleyes

Maybe next time you can just learn to see a comment for what it is, which is a simple joke, and take the initial statement, which is that GOG is pretty awesome for testing all their games on Windows 10, without getting your panties in a knot over the fact that someone dared to make a joke about fucking Steam.

Just to add, Galaxy is crap. Their app before it was also crap. I make do because of The Witcher 3, otherwise I simply wouldn't use it like I never used their old one. Reality is GoG barely see's my money. I rarely play old games over again and they don't sell 99.99% of new games. So without the The Witcher 3 I wouldn't be using it at all right now

Now you're starting to sound like Beamer. Your personal anecdotes do not dictate reality. It's fine if you don't use or like GOG. Plenty of people DO use GOG, however. (I have quite a lot of games on GOG, and I hope they keep getting better and better and maybe eventually DO become actual competitors to Steam.) And for the people who DO use it, and who have a lot of old games on it, it's pretty damn awesome that they are going through this trouble.

News Comments > Dying Light Expansion Announced
8. Re: Dying Light Expansion Announced Jul 29, 2015, 14:25 Creston

nin wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 11:24:
Sounds awesome, but this just makes me want to wait for the GOTY edition with everything.

Same. Plus between witcher 3, SR:HK, Just Cause 3, Fallout 4 and one more game that I've just forgotten about but I know I'm really excited about, I essentially have zero time to play anything until roughly August of next year. Which is when the next Deus Ex and next Mass Effect will be right around the corner.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
38. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 14:23 Creston

Kxmode wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 14:20:
Misc note. Recently I've updated my Utima 7 interactive map. I spent a couple months changing the code from Google Maps to the amazing open source Leaflet platform. The new map has several key features like icon filtering, proper searching and a responsive design that works on mobile devices. I'm currently working on a Serpent Isle map. If you have Ultima 7 I hope this map helps you in your adventures.

I know that map off the top of my head, but I commend you for this amazing piece of work, good sir!!

36. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 14:21 Creston

mch wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 12:00:
Oh look, a ten foot pole.

That's what she said! HIGH FIVE!!!

... what, nobody?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 29, 2015, 14:18 Creston

Verno wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 10:29:
Loving Witcher 3 but man sometimes when it crashes it really crashes. I've had it bomb the whole system on 3 different hardware/OS combinations. It's not consistent, sometimes it just CTDs and other times its a hard lock. It's funny because I had no crashes at all before 1.07 but its a huge patch so I guess there was bound to be a few issues.

I had it crash on me twice in the first five minutes. Went through the whole standard "shit my game is crashing" rigamarole. Played it. Got stuck in a conversation with a peasant in the first inn, where the screen froze on Geralt's face while I could hear the other guy talking, and it CTD'ed after the discussion was over.

Haven't had a crash since in 12 hours. It's really not very consistent. And I probably just jinxed the fucking shit out of myself...

16. Re: GOG.com & Windows 10 Jul 29, 2015, 14:14 Creston

Krovven wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 12:18:
Creston wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 10:45:
Love or hate Windows 10, what GOG is doing to prepare for it is fantastic.

Over at Steam, they're like "Yeah whatever. Who gives a shit whether it'll work or not."

Or GoG is just blowing smoke up your ass. From what I've understood Windows 10 has less problems with backward compatibility than Windows 7. This from GoG comes across to me as nothing more than a "perception" campaign.

I dunno, I'd say that replaying every single game offered in your library on Windows 10 and verifying that they'll play fine, then going through the effort of labeling them as such, is more than just "blowing smoke up my ass."

I never said they patched 85% of their games to work in Windows 10, but they have gone through to check.

Someone at Valve probably scratched his nutsack today and went "oh yeah, Windows 10 comes out today. I wonder if all our old shit works on it. Someone should look at that."

Then proceeded to work on what he found interesting instead.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 11:08 Creston

Verno wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 09:04:
I think my biggest beef is the Windows Update/Driver implementation which they've already said they will revisit.

Yeah, that's what I'm holding off on. Being forced onto the latest nvidia graphics driver against my will is horseshit.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 10:54 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 10:48:
Can someone actually confirm whether an upgrade from Windows 7 retains that license or not? And what happens when you change HDD's and thus have to do a clean windows 10 install???? Does that mean the license evaporates if you switch hardware?

It's supposed to deactivate the windows 7 license and turn it into a windows 10 license when you upgrade. Then, once you've upgraded your PC, it essentially becomes a windows 10 stand-alone license.

1. Re: GOG.com & Windows 10 Jul 29, 2015, 10:45 Creston

Love or hate Windows 10, what GOG is doing to prepare for it is fantastic.

Over at Steam, they're like "Yeah whatever. Who gives a shit whether it'll work or not."

18. Re: Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed Jul 28, 2015, 23:29 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 19:43:
the removal of grift trials,

What? Why the hell are they getting rid of the trials???

17. Re: Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed Jul 28, 2015, 23:28 Creston

I've watched some Quin videos on his monk with the Kanai's cube on the PTR, and it's pretty freaking ridiculous how powerful this item is.

News Comments > Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week
19. Re: Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week Jul 28, 2015, 14:43 Creston

Amen to that.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jul 28, 2015, 12:58 Creston

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 12:14:
They claim the factory maxed out production and can't make anymore. Sounds like a load of BS to me.

Why? Factories actually are limited in how much stuff they can make in any given timeframe. Since I doubt Bethesda built or hired an entire factory to make pipboys, they likely just rented a production run in an existing factory chain, and said production run was probably for something like 10K units. And if said factory doesn't have availability to extend the production run, then you literally cannot have any more plastic stuff made. (Unless you decide to hire another factory to make more, but that'd be pretty damn expensive.)

25598 Comments. 1280 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo