Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 24218 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition
135. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 22, 2014, 01:30 Creston

nin wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 21:51:
Creston wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 18:44:
Loving DA:I. I can't recommend it enough.

You and others got a sale out of me, and that's saying something. I'd pretty much written it off until the reviews showed up.

I doubt you'll regret it. It's an excellent game. Just don't stay in the Hinterlands. Get in, do the main mission, do a few side quests to get 4 power, then get out.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

133. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 21, 2014, 18:44 Creston

Hehe, yeah I saw that. It's pretty clear they meant for this to be a "get your feet wet for 30 minutes or so, then move on to the cooler parts."

I'm enjoying myself in the Hinterlands because I love to wander around and gawk at all the beautiful, BEAUTIFUL shit it's got in it, and I like the combat, but I'll agree the quests there are mostly boring as hell.

It's fun to crawl around dilapidated castles and dungeons though.

Loving DA:I. I can't recommend it enough.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2014, 18:41 Creston

Google poised to tell Europe's parliament to go fuck itself.  

News Comments > Project CARS Pre-purchases
4. Re: Project CARS Pre-purchases Nov 21, 2014, 18:39 Creston

Cutter wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 18:14:
Set a reminder on your PC so that Gary Numan's Cars starts playing on repeat on that day so you'll remember...if you're not too busy dancing to it instead.

Everybody dances to Gary Numan!

News Comments > Project CARS Pre-purchases
1. Re: Project CARS Pre-purchases Nov 21, 2014, 17:47 Creston

I'll remember to buy this on March 16th 2015.  

News Comments > On Assassin's Creed Unity Microtransactions
3. Re: On Assassin's Creed Unity Microtransactions Nov 21, 2014, 17:47 Creston

Selling 100 bucks worth of bullshit points and only having 44 bucks worth of shit to buy. Congrats Ubisoft. You've now passed EA as the worst pieces of shit in gaming.

I'm never buying another one of your games unless it's five bucks. Fuck you.

131. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 21, 2014, 17:45 Creston

Yeah, like I said, I'd have left the hinterlands before except I want to save Val Royeaux for when I'm on my shiznits graphics PC. So in the meantime I'm just running around the Hinterlands clearing some stuff up, but I've pretty much come to the end of the doable stuff now. Everything left open is lvl 12.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered
2. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered Nov 21, 2014, 17:43 Creston

If FD genuinely got like 60 million bucks in investor funds, why make such a big deal out of this? Presumably only 10% or so of people wanted a refund, which means you'd be out of ~ 200K.

Most marketoids would tell you that 200K is not a bad price to pay to avoid the kind of terrible, terrible PR you've been dumping all over yourself, and just saying "We made a promise, we didn't keep it, we'll offer everyone who wants one a refund" is fantastic PR that immediately puts you back into everyone's good graces.

Doesn't seem that difficult to figure out (unless they didn't get that 60M that people were talking about, then 200K is probably a rough hit.)

Even so, it reflects poorly on Kickstarted games.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
11. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 21, 2014, 15:26 Creston

Julio wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 14:19:
LittleMe wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 13:35:
Julio wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 13:29:
I would think they'd be more worried about the claims that DA:I is wrecking SSD drives...

At first I was concerned about that too, but it turns out to be a disreputable claim by Russian crackers. Read the comments in that thread. Also TB talked about it in his performance review saying it wasn't a credible claim.

Good to know.

Yeah, don't worry about that. I checked it on my SSD, and Verno checked it on his, and there's zero truth to that claim. It's just nonsense.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
10. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 21, 2014, 15:25 Creston

harlock wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 15:16:
there's also no day/night cycle, and relevant scheduling for NPCs... which is much more immersion breaking

but its still a really fun game

I really miss a day/night cycle. It would have been so gorgeous in the game...

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Crash Workaround
14. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Crash Workaround Nov 21, 2014, 15:23 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 14:58:
So the DA:I camera stays pointed forward no matter which direction your character is facing/moving, with your mouse cursor free to click on things in the world or UI at the same time? Which means you have to hold a mouse button to turn the camera or (usually) hold the other to keep the camera centered behind you while you turn your character? That actually is a fairly common control scheme... I've done it for a couple thousand hours in GW2 alone, but it doesn't bother me at all. Though that's primarily because you rarely hold either mouse button down persistently for prolonged periods of time. In fact, I don't know why you would need to do so. Blank

GW2. THAT'S the game that also does it! I knew it was something I'd played recently! DA:O and DA2 also do it.

But for some people who suffer from RSI, it can be a pretty damn painful experience.

129. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 21, 2014, 15:18 Creston

Verno wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 15:14:
Yeah exactly, people really shouldn't get hung up on completing every single thing they come across. A lot of it isn't even intended to be completed right away.

I came SOOOOO fucking close to killing the level 12 rift with my level 6 party...

127. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 21, 2014, 15:07 Creston

For those who have just started, I thought this was a pretty in-your-face explanation of why you should not stay in the Hinterlands

Still there myself, but that's because I'm playing at work on medium to high settings, and i want to save Val Royeaux for tonight when I can see it on Ultra+FT

News Comments > WoW 10th Anniversary Celebrations
6. Re: WoW 10th Anniversary Celebrations Nov 21, 2014, 12:29 Creston

A Molten CORGI???!!!

/internet dies of cuteness overload

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Into the Black Nov 21, 2014, 11:33 Creston

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 20:24:
That's actually a really clever way of fighting the NSA. Good luck to him, he's going up against some very powerful opponents.

Nah, it wouldn't work. While states actually do have this power, what happens is that if they start fucking around like that, the Feds just shut down the state's funding for things like interstates etc.

There's no point in petty shit like that. One of these grandstanding lawmakers needs to grow some balls and drag the fucking NSA before the Supreme Court.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 21, 2014, 11:31 Creston

Comcast is a piece of worthless shit, and they will undoubtedly fuck this up somehow, but IF it works, it'd actually be a great service.

How often have all of us been stuck at home waiting for some cunt technician / installer / delivery guy to show up and just sit there and wait and wait and wait for hours on end? This would actually be an effective tool to deal with that issue.

(of course, just as effective would just be to CALL a person to say "Hey, we're 30 minutes out." )

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Free Content
11. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Free Content Nov 21, 2014, 11:25 Creston

MacLeod wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 20:45:
Unlike Assassin's Creed, it is not too difficult to turn an Orc Assassin into a female model.

Hehehe.

Anyway, free content = Thumbsup

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Crash Workaround
6. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Crash Workaround Nov 21, 2014, 11:19 Creston

InBlack wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 11:10:
I dont remember having to hold down anything in Skyrim or Oblivion to look around?

I think I need some coffee... (especially since I've just played Skyrim for another 100 some hours). My bad.

126. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 21, 2014, 11:13 Creston

Btw, saw this ad on the sidebar, and clicked it, and it's a pretty cool video about a really well done Vivienne cosplay.

(also, I'm sure that the misogyny crowd will jump on my neck for this, but that girl is really darn cute.)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2014, 11:08 Creston

Happy level-up day, Blue! Level 89 it is, right? *hides*

24218 Comments. 1211 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo