Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 24510 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. AC Unity graphics review Dec 22, 2014, 17:22 Creston

To summarize: Holy shit what a fucking hog this game is.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 22, 2014, 17:15 Creston

Right, but #2 is what made the game special. #1 is just another "Hey, it's zombies!" dime a dozen story that we've seen roughly 89000 times before in the past two years.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2014, 17:14 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 17:08:
Seeing 66% on Wolf.

Same. May have just been a temporary sale.

News Comments > GSC Game World Website
2. Re: GSC Game World Website Dec 22, 2014, 17:13 Creston

Eagerly anticipated? By whom?  

News Comments > Free Deus Ex: Fallen Angel Prequel Novella
1. Re: Free Deus Ex: Fallen Angel Prequel Novella Dec 22, 2014, 17:12 Creston

Cool  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released
63. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released Dec 22, 2014, 16:21 Creston

Kosumo wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 14:43:
One thing is for sure - This can't be worst than the Wing Commander movie directed by him (can it?)

I dunno... The bigger the hype, the harder the fall, and there's never been hype as big as for SC, so... It could definitely be the biggest shitstorm failure gaming has ever seen. (not saying that it WILL fail, just that if it does, it's going to be of a level we've not seen before in gaming.)

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 22, 2014, 16:17 Creston

I dunno, with regards to the end of humanity:

In a situation like that, strongholds fall and once they've fallen they are done. So it's a losing battle for mankind. Joel's brother was really the first guy to actually set up a village with any kind of survival prospects, everything else was just on a slow grind awaiting a single mistake that would get everyone in a stronghold killed.

But in any case, loved the story, don't need to see it rehashed.

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 22, 2014, 14:06 Creston

nin wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 14:00:
Humanity has one final chance for salvation from the zombie plague

But one of the audio recordings say there were others. She wasn't the only one. Yes, she was the only one in that group still alive, but we don't know what's going on elsewhere, and what other scientists have found.

edit: He made a selfish choice, but that doesn't mean humanity is doomed.

Which then means they are going to tell basically the same story again, but this time with the "right" ending. It just doesn't hold any interest for me, but obviously to each their own.

And I kinda felt with the final chapter that they alluded to the fact that mankind had no hope left.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Dec 22, 2014, 14:04 Creston

as well as a huge price promotion on Ubisoft’s ‘The Crew’ boosting sales by 92% and propelling it from No11 to No6

Always a great sign when you have to price promote your two weeks old game.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
296. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 22, 2014, 14:00 Creston

Holy spaceballs, almost 300 posts!  

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 22, 2014, 13:54 Creston

1badmf wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 13:23:
Creston wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 10:56:
Last of Us 2. No. Just no. That story doesn't need to be told again.

did you not like the game? or just had enough of joel and ellie? i'm curious because to me it's one of the greatest games ever made.

No, I actually loved it, very much so. But it stands on its own. Humanity has one final chance for salvation from the zombie plague, and spoilers Joel lets the human race die because he loves Ellie too much to sacrifice her.

It was a great story, and a good, powerful moment when Joel makes that decision in the end, even though he knows that by doing so he spoiler condemns the human race.

A story with new characters would not reach that same poignancy as Joel and Ellie did, unless they basically just do the same story over again, which I don't want to see.

Sometimes a story gets told, and it's done. It needs no further embellishment. But this is the game industry, so we'll undoubtedly get 7 more sequels...

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: Voyager 2 Dec 22, 2014, 11:37 Creston

Wolfox wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 11:31:
Actually, "seconds" is shorthand for light-seconds in Elite Dangerous slang. Yes, there is such a thing.

I wasn't aware of that.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 22, 2014, 11:35 Creston

They may have nukes (this has never been verified, afaik), but they have no delivery methods. The last time they tried to launch a long range delivery missile, the thing basically just shot straight back into the ground.

So for now, all they can do is hand deliver these nukes to... I dunno, China, I guess?

India and Pakistan have nukes, and when they say crazy shit everyone just goes "Oh, those crazy Indians/Pakistanis."

But oh no, the hybrid mongoloid that runs North Korea says something and the entire world is in panic. Seriously, fuck those guys. We haven't given two fucks about North Korea in fifty years, and now that we've tried to open a dialogue with them suddenly we have to be afraid? How about we go back to just ignoring the fuck out of them?

50. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released Dec 22, 2014, 11:26 Creston

Comet wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 05:28:
A game is P2W when it is easier and cheaper to pay to get something especial or powerful instead of taking the time to get it. As an example, if you wanted you could get the best armor or weapon in a game like Guild Wars 2 using real money. But people don't consider GW2 P2W. Why? Because to get that best armor or weapon you would have to waste so much money that it makes a lot more sense just playing the game.

There are two problems with this theory.

1) G2 isn't considered P2W because really the only place where said weapons and armor (you can't even buy the high end armor off the TP, actually) matter is in PvE. In PvP the difference between a Legendary and an Exotic is so minor as to be pointless.

If these items made a difference in PvP, GW2 would absolutely be considered P2W, because they are actually being bought by people using RL money. Not thousands of them, but it does happen.

(Also, it takes absolute fucking AGES to make a legendary in GW2 yourself, so the thought that it's easier to do it in game probably doesn't even hold true. If you have enough money that ~$700 is peanuts to you, it's most definitely far easier to just buy Infinity.)

2) People have already bought hundreds (if not thousands) of these ships in SC. Any argument that it's not P2W because the ships are easier to get in-game is thus already nullified before anyone ever gets a chance to see whether that statement is actually true or not.

49. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released Dec 22, 2014, 11:09 Creston

Beamer wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 10:19:
Never trust someone calling himself "elite."

Seriously. How many more times does Joe Flacco have to prove that?

News Comments > etc.
1. Voyager 2 Dec 22, 2014, 11:03 Creston

That is absolutely awesome.

Note: (Voyager 2 is) 2.1 million seconds away from Sol.

That should be light-seconds. Seconds is not a measure of distance.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 22, 2014, 10:59 Creston

Fuck North Korea and their warnings. Seriously, why the fuck is the entire world shaking in their boots over some fucking ass-end shithole that may genuinely be the most wretched and miserable "nation" that ever existed?

Can't we just get our Secretary of State to issue a hearty "Hey, you know what? Fuck you guys," statement to these idiots?

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 22, 2014, 10:56 Creston

Last of Us 2. No. Just no. That story doesn't need to be told again.

News Comments > ROTT TTURNS TTWENTTY
6. Re: ROTT TTURNS TTWENTTY Dec 22, 2014, 10:54 Creston

I love all these "Hey, do you remember these awesome games you played when you were in your early twenties? Those games are now twenty years old! "

AS IF I NEEDED ANOTHER REMINDER HOW OLD I AM!!

Thanks, Blue! Shakefist

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
6. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Dec 22, 2014, 01:37 Creston

Tomas wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 00:47:
I can't tell you how tempted I am to just get the pirate "fix".

Why don't you, dude? Fuck these assclowns and their worthless DRM bullshit. You bought the game and can't play it. You are WELL within your rights to download whatever to get the fucking thing to play.

24510 Comments. 1226 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo