Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 25736 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM SnapMap Trailer
6. Re: DOOM SnapMap Trailer Sep 4, 2015, 21:26 Creston

Oh my God, did you guys see how easy it was to put down crates? And MONSTER CLOSETS??!!

All kidding aside, that looks like a very nice level editor.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Interviews
29. Re: Kxmode, Like chocolate but better. Sep 4, 2015, 21:19 Creston

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 4, 2015, 16:58:
If ya'll have not read this, I recommend it.
good stuff
Written by a lawyer, it's in common English and explains kickstarter liabilities using Molyneuxs GODUS game as the test subject.

If we get laws that go to the extent to completely safeguard idiots from spending thousands of dollars on pictures of pretty spaceships, the entire crowdfunding platform will just die off, because no dev would want to take on money that comes with such conditions.

Plenty of crowdfunded games have done just fine, and who knows, SC may still do just fine. It seems doubtful, but it's possible. But even if it tanks and burns, nobody forced people to give tens of thousands of dollars to a guy for fucking PICTURES OF SPACESHIPS. Trying to create laws to 'safeguard' against retardery like that is just ridiculous.

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 2015, 21:42.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch
13. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch Sep 4, 2015, 15:00 Creston

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 4, 2015, 14:39:
They're putting an awful lot of work into it. Should it have been done this way already? Of course. Being mad that they're righting the ship is like making fun of the fat guy at the gym.

By that logic, just as long as a publisher is willing to patch something, we should never complain at the state that something is launched.

Sorry, but that doesn't fly.

News Comments > Gilbert to Disney on Monkey Island Rights: "Call Me"
10. Re: Gilbert to Disney on Monkey Island Rights: Sep 4, 2015, 14:56 Creston

InBlack wrote on Sep 4, 2015, 09:34:
Mickey dont sell. Like Machete don't text.

Giggle

26. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 4, 2015, 14:52 Creston

Kxmode wrote on Sep 3, 2015, 22:57:
I am now thoroughly convinced Star Citizen is a scam. How? Three main factors...

It's not a scam. It's just a terribly mismanaged project.

The absolute LEAST Cloud Imperium can do to negate growing criticism is to have independent auditors go through their finances going back to the Kickstarter launch. This report should be public record....

... Backers aren't accredited investors so that means CIG isn't required by the SEC to provide any financial reports.

You already answered yourself there. If I'm Chris Roberts, I'm not opening books for nobody. Why subject yourself to a witch hunt?

2. Crowdfunded companies exist in this weird blend between an organization who can sell virtual items and ships as "pledge rewards" but without the liabilities of actual products.

Errr. This "blend" you're talking about is called the real world. Maybe you live in China or something, but in the free world, you're allowed to sell whatever you want to sell, and if people want to pay you for that, great.

If I want to charge people $50 for me to spit in their soup, and they're willing to pay me for it, awesome. And if I want to do so virtually, and just make pretty artwork of me spitting in their soup, and people want to pay me for it, great. As long as I'm upfront that all I'm giving you is a piece of artwork about me spitting in your soup, the law couldn't give two shits.

So because CIG exists like this they can operate with absolute impunity and do anything they want as long as they make it appear like they're "working" on the product. CIG could perpetually crowdfund Star Citizen for the next 10 years and this would be legal because there are no official laws that say they can't.

Well duh. Of course not. What kind of laws do you imagine there should be? PEOPLE VOLUNTARILY GIVE THE GUY MONEY FOR PRETTY PICTURES OF SPACE SHIPS. He's not blackmailing them or forcing them or anything. He says "Here's a picture of a pretty spaceship. It's limited! Give me $400 and at some point maybe you'll be able to 'fly' this pretty 'spaceship' in this persistent 'universe' that I'm creating." And the money keeps coming in from people with either a lot of disposable income or very poor judgment with regards to the value of money. Either way, none of that is illegal.

This is why laws need to be passed to protect consumers from crowdfunding fraud, first and foremost.

No. We need laws to keep the likes of Comcast raping its customers who have no choice but to deal with Comcast due to Comcast's monopoly in their area. We need zero laws to deal with companies that sell pretend items for pretend universes and get money from people who are insane enough to plonk down massive bundles of cash for it.

There should never be laws to try to stop stupid people from being stupid because once we start there, it'll never end.

Also dude, you got your refund. They were nice enough to give you back every single dime you ever gave them. You'd think you'd stop with this inane crusade of yours, even if only as a "Hey, thanks for giving me back all the money that I stupidly gave you for pictures of pretty spaceships."

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch
9. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch Sep 4, 2015, 14:14 Creston

Continued improvements and bug fixing for a Windows 7 specific memory issue that occurs on configurations with 8GB of system RAM and some NVIDIA GPUs during extended game play

Well, who on earth has THAT as their gaming PC configuration???! {/sarcasm}

Thanks for spending literally zero minutes testing your game, WB.

4. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 3, 2015, 22:09 Creston

Now its just a matter of pulling things together, getting them working properly with the polish level, and then delivering a load of content.

Oh, is that all? Phew, here I thought you guys had a lot left to do.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Sep 3, 2015, 21:58 Creston

The Witcher 3 is fucking amazing. 30% off is a steal for a game this good.

It's in my top 5 of all time, and it may even be top 3. It's better than Skyrim.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 10 Notes
1. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 10 Notes Sep 3, 2015, 21:56 Creston

our focus is on introducing fan-requested features

YES! Finally we'll get some decent tactical mode combat!!

Were happy to introduce the player wardrobe

GODDAMMIT BIOWARE.

News Comments > X Rebirth Patch; Linux & OS X Beta; New Game Plans
15. Re: X Rebirth Patch; Linux & OS X Beta; New Game Plans Sep 3, 2015, 13:59 Creston

LiTh wrote on Sep 3, 2015, 07:11:
Egosoft will never, ever, get another dime from me.

Eh, they've done a pretty good job patching this turd up, they gave away some meaty DLC/expansion stuff for free, so it's not a case where they got their money, flipped you off and ran away forever. So I'm willing to look at their next game.

That said, I'm never again pre-ordering another game of theirs. Their next one, if it's any good, I'll get when it's on sale for 20 bucks somewhere.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2015, 13:45 Creston

Concur wholeheartedly with what Verno said. Most likely you feel the pain in your knuckle, but the injury itself is likely somewhere in the middle of your arm.

See if one of these guys is in your area. I've had my chronic RSI under treatment with one for years. Usually it's two or three treatments when I've had a time of very heavy use, and the pain is gone again until the next time I overburden it.

Doing muscle workouts is definitely advised. The stronger that muscle, the more abuse it can take before it starts to hurt.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Why Uncharted 4 is getting SP DLC: Sep 3, 2015, 13:41 Creston

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

News Comments > Star Citizen Social Module Released
162. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Sep 2, 2015, 12:24 Creston

Scheherazade wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 10:21:
No one is on time, everyone is over budget.
TBH, the very idea that you can predict a schedule, with nice buffers, is a fallacy.

May I recommend that you work with better project managers. I've worked with absolutely great project managers, both on small and massive huge projects, and probably 90% of their projects were delivered on time and under budget.

It helps if you have someone who knows what he's doing, who analyzes areas where things may fail and plans ahead for if/when that happens, and someone who doesn't promise the moon.

Of course, said project managers also didn't have to try to coax 3 million dollars worth of funding out of people every month in order to keep their developers employed.

News Comments > No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser
20. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser Sep 2, 2015, 11:53 Creston

It'll be fine! I have absolute confidence in Dice's ability to make a perfect functional semi-marginal auto-matchmaker! Rolleyes

Enjoy those 800ms ping matches against people with ten times better equipment than you do.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. $30 eliminates your data cap! Sep 2, 2015, 00:06 Creston

Pay $30 extra for unlimited data! *

* (data not really unlimited. You pay $30 extra, then when you reach the next level cap, at 700GB, you'll get throttled again because of our magical 'network congestion.')

And every cuntsack senator/congressman sits there nodding yes at Comcast.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2015, 08:42 Creston

Kosumo wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 05:57:
Welcome to the comments Strider83, have a smile face - Welcome

Welcome strider.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2015, 08:41 Creston

Cutter wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 17:41:
they really are the best dogs in the world. Smartest,

ahem

cough

*scrapes throat*

News Comments > MGS5: The Phantom Pain Disc Requires Game Download?
22. Re: MGS5: The Phantom Pain Disc Requires Game Download? Sep 1, 2015, 08:33 Creston

Ludomancer wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 22:07:
heroin wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 20:22:
Was thinking about this as a viable option, no pre-load and comcast is a huge warted snot witch with hairy armpits and little children stored inside clear walls of sugar suffering.

I think I fought Comcast in Witcher 3!

Haha. He was ugly as shit too!

Anyway, this is just fucking stupid. Put the game on a fucking disc for people with shitty internet already, asstard publisher.

News Comments > Star Citizen Social Module Released
106. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 31, 2015, 16:34 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 11:46:
dsmart wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 07:51:
Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 07:49:
Beautiful art. They are going to create 100s of hubs like this all with different looks?

They are required to do 100 since it was a stretch goal.

Later they said over the years it would go up to 800.

So far, we've seen two (ArcCorp, Nyx).

Yeah.

So, they have to create 100 levels, each as large and complex as your average Battlefield or CoD level? While those levels have to be play tested like crazy, so it's a different process, those games typically ship with 12-20 levels.

Did they promise 100 different hubs? Or just 100 hubs? If the latter, they can make 5 of them and just copy-pasta 20 times.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2015, 13:45 Creston

Happy Hudson Day, Blue.

25736 Comments. 1287 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo