Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Aree

Real Name Aree   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HoSpanky
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description argle befu jodl garf!
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 21:02
Total Comments 702 (Apprentice)
User ID 15603

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Torchlight Patched
9. Re: Steam Torchlight Patched Dec 18, 2009, 21:48 HoSpanky

Yeah, I couldn't resist any long either. here n there the last couple weeks I've eyed it, thinking "oh if only it were a little cheaper..." and BAM now it is!

Next up: looking wistfully at Dirt2 and wishing Steam would put it on sale. Maybe it'll work again!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 18, 2009, 21:10 HoSpanky

HOT DAMN Torchlight for $10. I knew I wasn't stupid for waiting!  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Shadow of the Colossus re-release Dec 15, 2009, 19:23 HoSpanky

I will also put some words in here to put my vote toward a PS3 hi-def version of SOTC. and I'm gonna up the ante by saying it should come with Ico.  

News Comments > Swift Leaves Valve, Joins Airtight Games
13. Re: Swift Leaves Valve, Joins Airtight G Dec 7, 2009, 20:31 HoSpanky

Yeah, I just couldn't avoid the chance to say she liked the new studio name better.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1924385

ten seconds in and it'll all make sense.

News Comments > US Windows DiRT 2 Next Week
9. Re: US Windows DiRT 2 Next Week Dec 6, 2009, 02:46 HoSpanky

Yeah, the demo is quite impressive, but the delay seems rather stupid to pull this late. I'm betting they're having a hard time meeting the ship date to retailers, so to keep B&M stores from crying about it, they pushed the digital release back to match.  

News Comments > Blur Trailer
1. Re: Blur Trailer Dec 1, 2009, 18:06 HoSpanky

Somehow, this ad didn't excite me at all. it's in CRAZY high-rez (if you don't have a 1920x1080 monitor, you will have to watch it smaller than intended), but visually it looks like Mario Kart in realistic cars, with the weapons looking Unreal Tournament candy-colored.

Split/Second looks far more interesting to me.
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3137998/split_second_game_trailer/

News Comments > Splinter Cell Conviction has Co-op
5. Re: Splinter Cell Conviction has Co-op Nov 29, 2009, 21:02 HoSpanky

I think there needs to be some requirement on the term "co-op". Turok and Uncharted 2 both claim to have co-op, but in both cases it's just 3 maps.

In my mind, a game claiming co-op means you play through the entire single-player campaign in co-op. Gears of War, Red Alert 3...THOSE have co-op. Most games just have a little "co-op multiplayer mode".

News Comments > TrackMania Forever Patch, New TMUF Campaign
3. Re: TrackMania Forever Patch, New TMUF Campaign Nov 27, 2009, 20:24 HoSpanky

Steam SHOULD auto-update, but it's up to the game devs to wrap up the patch for Steam. If they don't, well...

you do have a pretty easy option. in steam, right-click on the game and go down to properties. then select the Updates tab and tell it NOT to keep the game up to date. then patch away, Steam shouldn't try to interfere. I've done this a couple times when the steam patch for a game would come out a couple days after the "regular" patch, and if I wanted to keep playing that game...I'd have to patch early like this.

News Comments > Ikaro Announced
1. Re: Ikaro Announced Nov 21, 2009, 22:40 HoSpanky

Er...does someone expect people to PAY for a game that look like it was made over 10 years ago?  

News Comments > The Saboteur Preorders
1. Re: The Saboteur Preorders Nov 17, 2009, 20:51 HoSpanky

oh boy, I can't wait to preorder a game with no developer left to support it!

And the best part is, it's a game set in WWII! Why doesn't anyone ELSE make games where you fight Nazis?

News Comments > Dirt System Specs
4. Re: Dirt System Specs Nov 12, 2009, 23:50 HoSpanky

Heh, I second that GRID2 bit. Although honestly, the first game looks so f'n amazing, the next one might not look THAT much better. I mean really, I'd rather they just keep the cars from sticking to each other at high speeds.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: God of War 3 Ultimate? Nov 3, 2009, 13:09 HoSpanky

I agree, Tumbler...I was hoping for a version that included the previous two. And I know, for a fact, that as soon as I buy and open the GOW1/2 package, they'll announce a version that has all 3.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 1, 2009, 20:34 HoSpanky

I went in on the 4-pack for Borderlands, and it's a blast. The RPG elements aren't as strong as more traditional titles, but the lack of armor customization is pretty much there to keep things moving along faster. We ALREADY spend 5+ minutes sorting through the guns that drop during large encounters. If they had a full armor set like most games, we'd forget how to fight by the time we got done fiddling with it all.

Although I will say right now that I hate the way the cars drive. They drive like the warthogs in Halo, which also are designed to Piss You Right The Fuck Off. You can't look around the vehicle without turning that direction, so we have to rely on callouts from one of the people in the turrets. Before figuring this out, we were running the cars into rock walls (and each other) all the time while just trying to get our bearings.

The absurdly overhyped art style is neat at first but you'll forget all about it after a couple hours.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Race Changes Underway
8. Re: World of Warcraft Race Changes Underway Oct 27, 2009, 21:14 HoSpanky

I cancelled my account finally, and yeah, WHOOOO I have a lot of spare time now.

also, it's interesting to note that the spellchecker for Blue's thinks "cancelled" is spelled wrong. In fact it is QUITE sure it's spelled "canceled". So is the spellchecker built into the site, or is it built into my browser? I honestly don't know. Running Firefox, whatever the latest version is.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Man Oct 26, 2009, 20:28 HoSpanky

well Borderlands WAS $44 before it launched. My buddies n I bought the 4-pack for $134 ($33.50 each). hella deal! same with l4d2, the complaints about it being more of an expansion pack are kinda moot when you pay the price OF an expansion pack for it.  

News Comments > Cliffski Interview
8. Re: Game Reviews Oct 22, 2009, 20:36 HoSpanky

This isn't a strategy game as much as its a planning game.

The closest I can think to it is Mind Rover. You were given an objective, and you built and programmed (using clever icons that represented if/then and other standard statements) a robot to complete said task. some wanted you to make a robot that could navigate a maze, others you had to fight, sometimes you just had to make one that could do a drag race.
No matter what your task, once the robot was built you let it loose and couldn't touch it. you could observe how it goofed up, immediately go back to the robot and tweak it, then restart the task.

It's definitely a different idea, although I wonder how much "programming" you can do in GSB. can you give ships orders to avoid certain enemy types, while being overly aggressive toward others? That's the sort of thing I want to know.

News Comments > Freeware Death Rally
8. Re: Freeware Death Rally Oct 20, 2009, 15:48 HoSpanky

Hmm. I recall this game looking SO much cooler back in the day, heh. Downloading this actually just demolished my fond memories, as the 320x200 graphics are truly painful to look at on anything larger than a cellphone.

For the record, THERE IS NO MULTIPLAYER in it, as they'd have to rebuild the network code entirely, which they weren't interested in. The game is still fun, and I'd LOVE a proper sequel, although noone's gonna pay $50 for a top down racer. Live Arcade/$10 downloadable title that looks up to date (and has multiplayer) has a decent chance at success.

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Sep 13, 2009, 17:51 HoSpanky

If you're a fan of co-op play, pick up Red Alert. a co-worker and I bought it at almost twice that price and had a blast. The game isn't remotely serious, so if you can't stand silliness in your games, steer clear.  

News Comments > Resident Evil 5 PC Specs
3. Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Specs Jul 27, 2009, 11:10 HoSpanky

oh, don't doubt that it's required just yet.

Capcom fucked up Street Fighter 4 pretty badly, this may be as well. SF4 doesn't allow you to use a 2-person X-Arcade controller (or any other keyboard-emulating arcade stick) for more than 1 person. it also makes you use "A" and "B" (on the keyboard) in place of "enter" and ESC" like EVERY OTHER PC GAME ON EARTH does.

I fully expect them to screw this game up as well. Shame, really, I woulda bought SF4 if it'd supported the X-arcade. Silly that a company whose legacy (and that game's legacy) is built around an arcade stick, they didn't bother to allow proper support for them.

If Capcom made the Typing Of The Dead series for the PC, I have no doubt in my mind that the only peripheral it would support is the mouse.

Read: lazy-as-fuck interface programmers.

News Comments > Mouse of Steel
7. Re: Mouse of Steel Jul 24, 2009, 12:33 HoSpanky

gosh, it boasts pretty much identical stats and abilities to Razer's mice. storing settings on the mouse itself? yeah yeah. razer's had that for years. ridiculous DPI. yep.

lcd menu system is new.

702 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo