Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Aree

Real Name Aree   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HoSpanky
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description argle befu jodl garf!
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 21:02
Total Comments 601 (Apprentice)
User ID 15603

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Lost Coast Released
52. Re: No subject Oct 27, 2005, 23:06 HoSpanky

This ran just like HL2 does for me, same feel n all.

I'm not sure why it took them so long to put it together, except that it's probably not their top priority. The expansion pack is most likely the focus of 90% of their time.

Commentary mode rocks, but Riddick had it first.

And on a semi-side note, the HL2 engine PROPERLY (this is a rare thing, so far) supports wide-screen displays. As long as this is supported in everything put out on STEAM (SIN!), I'll be happy with their engine for a while. FEAR doesn't support widescreen, Quake4 does reluctantly....the only other game I've found that supports it happily is WoW, which actually lets you use the extra space.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Game Reviews
3. Re: No subject Oct 23, 2005, 15:44 HoSpanky

yeah, kind of a shame on this. I had the paper case and all for my copy of Quake 1 but I've since lost it...I'm actually pretty sure it was TAKEN, since it was in a cd rack with all my other games and it's the only one missing. Either way, I'd have loved to fire it up and got through it again.

I can understand why Q2 is in here, and not 1 and 3....Q2's story, what little there was, is relevent to Q4. 1 and 3 are not.

News Comments > Digital Jesters on the Brink?
18. Re: No subject Oct 20, 2005, 19:27 HoSpanky

hopefully Nadeo gets another publisher so they can continue on the trackmania series. I like semi-realistic racers, but most of the time I want something that doesn't require me to spend 6 hours tweaking a car. And TM has such insane tracks (the user created ones you find on random servers are *usually* quite fun).

StarForce has never caused me any problems. I read everyone crying about how awful it is, and yet I haven't even noticed its presence. Can someone please link me to someplace that explains what problems it's causing? I'm just curious.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Patch
64. Re: No subject Oct 18, 2005, 23:57 HoSpanky

too bad Monolith spent all that time making their game look incredible and use all the latest hardware but forgot that video cards aren't the only new hardware.

no widescreen support = no sale.

News Comments > Shrek SuperSlam PC
11. Re: No subject Oct 18, 2005, 23:54 HoSpanky

I'm sure they couldn't believe their luck when they got a fighting game involving a Donkey. I would have been very sad indeed had they NOT taken advantage of it.

I hope there's an entire Donkey Punching event.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: A little steep Oct 18, 2005, 20:42 HoSpanky

$80 is a steal, compared to what they ran when the PSP came out. I got mine for $130, and that was because of an online retailer's mistake...normal price for those was $180.

I'm not mad, I could have bought a 512 meg one for a reasonable price at the time, I just HAD to have that card. the 2 gig cards push the limit, however...when the storage card for the game system COSTS MORE than the game system itself, it's a good time to decide if you really REALLY need that much space.

Also notice that on top of adding a considerable amount of bulk to the PSP (it already was on the edge of not fitting in a normal pocket), the hard drive is far slower at data transfers.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Analog TV Could Die Oct 15, 2005, 15:30 HoSpanky

Everyone wants progress but then they cry cry cry when it tries to happen. Progress isn't free. Cable television isn't free, they're welcome to do whatever they want to with it. "Free" airwave tv still costs you a set of rabbit ears, does it not? Or a coat hanger, if you're going for the extra-ghetto look.

News Comments > WoW Euro Patches
1. No subject Oct 13, 2005, 00:51 HoSpanky

yay now europeans can get their fonts all borked too!

News Comments > Best Buy's Pre-pwned Program
24. One upside Oct 1, 2005, 12:05 HoSpanky

Well, at least now I can feel better about buying Burnout Revenge. I'll buy a used copy so those bastards at EA don't get a dime from me.

I feel sorry for Criterion not getting any money, but hey...that's the price for falling in with EA. Had they stayed independant, I would have bought it brand new on principle.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: No subject Sep 6, 2005, 21:20 HoSpanky

nice, the Xenosaga bit on Kiziko games has an ad that has a faulty close button...covers most of the relevent text and refuses to go away, even after 5 minutes. the close button does absolutely nothing.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
8. Re: Backward Compatible Aug 6, 2005, 21:49 HoSpanky

Mutant Storm is out for the ORIGINAL Xbox Arcade, and half those screenshots are from that version...only the second page of screenies is from the new version. Considering the game will be under $20, and is the best damn robotron-style game ever made, it's really quite the good deal.

Of course, it doesn't stand up to PGR3. PGR3 probably has more than 2 people in its development team.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Toca Aug 5, 2005, 21:46 HoSpanky

wow, this game looks surprisingly good...wonder if it runs smoothly.

if so, I'll be happy when they release it in the US.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. No subject Jul 22, 2005, 23:08 HoSpanky

yay, a web browser!

and more homebrew deaths. hrm. tough choice.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. No subject Jul 19, 2005, 00:01 HoSpanky

shoulda bought a Diamondback.

News Comments > Into the Black
14. Re: No subject Jul 13, 2005, 23:21 HoSpanky

don't wanna pick it up? buy a diamondback. they're a far more pedestrian design than the Boomslang, 1600 DPI, and as a bonus, they look wicked.

I will warn that it's been said that they're as odd-feeling to hold as the Boomslang, just in a different way. personally I think it feels fine, but whatever.

News Comments > Codemasters Drops Wartime Command
2. Re: When I talked to 1C at E3... Jul 13, 2005, 23:11 HoSpanky

well, maybe they're realizing the WW2 craze is dying off finally (thank GOD!).

now if only people wearing their pants around their knees stops being popular.

News Comments > Game Guidance
1. No subject Jun 30, 2005, 00:40 HoSpanky

they should post strategies for playing under insane lag at all times, since that's what the game seems to do.

weird, since the demo ran nicely.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. PSP Katamari Jun 3, 2005, 20:47 HoSpanky

Well, I'd be interested in this, except that it appears the PSP version will cost TWICE what the PS2 one ever did.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to pay MORE for a game that runs on something less capable unless it's so packed with content that it's more than twice what the PS2 version is.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. KI3 May 24, 2005, 18:43 HoSpanky

Great googly-moogly...a new Killer Instinct?

The first one was one of the best fighting games made...the second one was merely OK. Let's hope they can give it a feel more like the original, if it even is coming.

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. No subject May 23, 2005, 20:25 HoSpanky

Is it just me, or does Vivisector look like it's put together by some mecha-furry fetishists? I mean, yay, they use fur shaders, and the rest of the game looks like the original Tribes. Oh wait, isn't that engine available for $100?

hmm.

601 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo