Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Aree

Real Name Aree   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HoSpanky
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description argle befu jodl garf!
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 21:02
Total Comments 724 (Apprentice)
User ID 15603

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > BeamNG Racing Game Alpha
2. Re: BeamNG Racing Game Alpha Aug 11, 2013, 15:27 HoSpanky

Throw in some King of the Hill and CTF modes and it would be amazing. Unfortunately I see no mention of network or multiplayer functions. If that isn't included, it'll have to rely on modders, which is worrisome.

Still, here's hoping we're looking at the next standard in vehicular destruction. Apparently this engine is already being used in Cryengine3? So does that mean the vehicles tear apart like that?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GRID 2 Getting Mod Support
5. Re: GRID 2 Getting Mod Support Aug 10, 2013, 12:24 HoSpanky

Never understood the appeal of the cockpit view. Covers up half the screen. Now, maybe when the Oculus Rift comes out it'll change my mind. For now, I prefer chase cam, but again...preference. I understand why cockpit view was removed from the console versions (and by association, pc version), but I can appreciate that some people (very very few, according to their stats collected from previous games) love cockpit view.  

News Comments > Saints Row IV Inauguration Station Released
5. Re: Saints Row IV Inauguration Station Released Aug 7, 2013, 08:53 HoSpanky

They've already stated in the Reddit AMA that they will NOT have the layered clothing system from SR2. Something about it ending up with fewer choices. For every shirt you make, you also need the option to layer another shirt UNDER it....depending on how the system functions, the undershirt is a texture applied directly to the model, or a physical object. SR3 & 4, everything is a physical object. Making clothes that STACK? That'd be an ENTIRE GAME's budget right there. So I do understand why they aren't doing it.
As for re-using the same city...I'm a bit annoyed at that. Still, SR3 was ridiculous fun, and if the fourth can manage to be crazy enough, I can look past the familiar landmarks.

News Comments > ShootMania Elite Guest Access
1. Re: ShootMania Elite Guest Access Aug 4, 2013, 22:11 HoSpanky

Anyone tried this? Seemed super-fucking-generic, never had any interest. Was wondering if it somehow DIDN'T suck.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 2, 2013, 21:58 HoSpanky

haha, before I checked the comments, all I could think was "that's the first time that guy's been in front of a camera". Born2expire is right tho, he thinks he's mad sexy, while SIMULTANEOUSLY sporting a Quintessential Geek Outfit. I'm super drunk, and it cracked me the fuck UP.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Birthday Party
2. Re: StarCraft II Birthday Party Jul 23, 2013, 09:51 HoSpanky

The single player story, while a bit...formulaic, has fantastically varied missions. It's very, very rare that you will actually "build a base and steamroll the computer". This goes for both Wings of Liberty and HotS. Graphically, it's a Blizzard game. Never ahead of its time, but polished so finely that you won't notice.

I'm not much for the pvp multiplayer, as I suck. But it has co-op, with surprisingly adaptive AI. Considering the incredible lack of RTS games lately, it stands out even more.

That said, bring on the Planetary Annihilation.

News Comments > Battlezone, Star Control & More Atari IP Sold: Chris Taylor and Total Annihilation Reunited
13. Re: Battlezone, Star Control & More Atari IP Sold: Chris Taylor and Total Annihilation Reunited Jul 22, 2013, 12:49 HoSpanky

Holy shit, I hope this means Moonbase Commander will get a sequel, or at least a gorgeous remake.  

News Comments > TrackMania˛ Valley Next Week
1. Re: TrackMania˛ Valley Next Week Jun 27, 2013, 17:41 HoSpanky

If they put out a bundle with all 3 for $30 or less, I'll bite. Without collisions, it's a time trial only game, which holds only a limited amount of interest for me. I love playing the wild tracks but even that gets old when they all have the same look.  

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Global Launch Begins
12. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Global Launch Begins Jun 24, 2013, 21:40 HoSpanky

Optional Nickname! wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 20:45:
How disappointing that CoH2 was designed as a Steamworks title.

Yeah, since I totally enjoyed trying to play CoH before steamworks. SUPER fun to find out everyone's on a different version, and there's no single patch to get that shit straightened out. Everyone loves to spend an hour and a half at a LAN just trying to get one game to even see others on the network, even AFTER they're all the same version. Oh, did you miss one of the patches? The game won't TELL you that's a problem, but if EVERYONE didn't use EVERY patch IN ORDER, it won't work. Solution: everyone uninstalls the game, and starts over. OH HEY, there's a 2 gig patch that force-downloads itself, even after you ALREADY INSTALLED IT MANUALLY. Oh, so now we're gonna try a different game that ISN'T a complete clusterfuck? Damn, there went half the day for nothing.

Man, those were the days. Yeah, sad to see those go.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Joe Danger & Joe Danger 2
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Joe Danger & Joe Danger 2 Jun 24, 2013, 20:39 HoSpanky

I loved the original Joe Danger on ps3, but I've never liked the playstation controller (I own very few ps3 games, aside from the pixeljunk series). Super excited for this on pc, can finally use my 360 controller!  

News Comments > IO Interactive Lays Off Staff; Cancels Projects
4. Re: IO Interactive Lays Off Staff; Cancels Projects Jun 17, 2013, 16:46 HoSpanky

Absolution can't have sold well, the game dropped to ~$20 in what seemed like a few weeks. I haven't played any of the hitman games so I can't comment on their quality. Obviously people liked them or they wouldn't have made what..4 or 5 games and a derpy movie.  

News Comments > Volition Blessing Saints Row Mod Support
25. Re: Volition Blessing Saints Row Mod Support Jun 16, 2013, 00:23 HoSpanky

Jerykk wrote on Jun 15, 2013, 16:49:
HoSpanky wrote on Jun 15, 2013, 16:38:
My prediction is that the first two mods will be:

1) co-op for more players at once.
2) physically modeled dicks on the male characters, complete with FloppyPhysics.

Incorrect. The first mods will be incredibly detailed nude skins for every female in the game.

Pssh. There were nude mods for this game within the first week it came out. I wouldn't be surprised if people build ridiculously high detail models to replace the so-so ones the game uses, tho.

I'm hoping "mods are good!" is Deep Silver's doing, and standard practice going forward. It may also be to garner goodwill toward their brand right now, when the current consoles have an expiration date. Also, It may push people to buy SR4 sooner rather than Steam-sale later.

News Comments > Volition Blessing Saints Row Mod Support
10. Re: Volition Blessing Saints Row Mod Support Jun 15, 2013, 16:38 HoSpanky

My prediction is that the first two mods will be:

1) co-op for more players at once.
2) physically modeled dicks on the male characters, complete with FloppyPhysics.

News Comments > Double Fine Working on Two Unannounced Games
1. Re: Double Fine Working on Two Unannounced Games Jun 13, 2013, 21:38 HoSpanky

Well if either of those games is remotely as fun as Iron Brigade, I'll be quite happy to hand them more of my money.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 13, 2013, 17:03 HoSpanky

Even if it turns out to just be a novelty, the oculus rift is a pretty neat sounding piece of equipment. If it's around $300 (or anything below that), I'll definitely buy one.

Also, while 3d tv programming holds zero interest for me, I've found that 3d is pretty great in a couple games (ps3 only, so far). Super stardust HD's ridiculously messy visuals suddenly make a whole lot more sense in 3d. I'm not kidding, it's literally a game-changing feature for it. In Wipeout, I don't cut corners early nearly as often. And Shadow of the Colossus makes you feel even smaller in 3d.
On the other side of that, 3d doesn't help Mortal Kombat a bit. In fact, several arenas are "broken", as background item depth is faked for some parts, and running in 3d makes it look...confusing. Also Uncharted 3 saw no benefit, as the extra dimension didnt help the sloppy aiming, nor did it make the story any less of a disaster. Also the glasses are headache-inducing after an hour or two, I don't see playing any long game in 3d the entire way.

Oh! Almost forgot. Gears of War 3 in 3d is also a wreck. The landscape distorts around you, and all effects sprites are rendered as if they were against the scenery, not the object it's attached to. Fire spitting from a flamethrower is depth-wise, as far back against the back wall of the background, not a couple feet from your face. Literally makes immediate threats seem like something going on across the courtyard. How did that even get past the very first QA person?

News Comments > Codemasters Stake Sold
3. Re: Codemasters Stake Sold Jun 10, 2013, 12:23 HoSpanky

I agree with SpectralMeat. Like Bollywood movies, it'd be packed with unintentional hilarity. Altho I think only once. If every single release did it, the joke would be over at the second game.

They'd need to continue with the Rad Dude vernacular to make it properly awesome.

News Comments > X Rebirth Lives
3. Re: X Rebirth Lives Jun 7, 2013, 11:51 HoSpanky

Here's hoping they put in some co-op options. If I'm playing a tightly scripted game, sp-only is fine but these games are begging for co-op and completely ignore it.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 5, 2013, 14:43 HoSpanky

Just like restrictions on guns, it only affects those who already follow the laws. People who want to hide their communication from the Feds won't have any trouble finding secure software from outside the US. Also, what's to stop someone from handing out a free program that encrypts transmissions? If its not being sold by a company, can they still be fined? Once even one copy of said program gets out...it's out forever, like Scarlett Johansen's tits.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2013, 00:24 HoSpanky

Wow, that was an intense episode. I loved and hated it because it was amazingly refreshing but dammit...

Oh, you looked! Yeah, nothing here.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
6. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 3, 2013, 08:59 HoSpanky

Grr, now tweak town uses this stupid mobile layout. It's designed to make sure you can only see 4 lines of text on your screen, filling more than half the space with a TT header and an unclosable ad at the bottom. I've seen it on another couple of sites, wish I could set my phone to just tell me not to bother with certain links, as the mobile versions are openly hostile.

Also, google, expand to Indianapolis!

724 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo