Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Aree

Real Name Aree   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HoSpanky
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description argle befu jodl garf!
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 21:02
Total Comments 1035 (Pro)
User ID 15603

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > LEGO Minifigures Online Re-launches Next Week
1. Re: LEGO Minifigures Online Re-launches Next Week Jun 22, 2015, 10:03 HoSpanky

I'm assuming the game being KidSafe means you can't build anything. Because the first thing people would build is a dick. It's what killed Lego Worlds.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Jun 21, 2015, 12:40 HoSpanky

I'm seeing that reviews don't want to spoil plot points, which means I need to stop reading reviews before one reviewer decides to spoil the best moments.  

News Comments > etc.
15. Re: etc. Jun 21, 2015, 10:22 HoSpanky

I bought Nidhogg, which is weird but fun. Ugly as sin, though. I'm a-ok with pixel art but "art" doesn't describe Nidhogg.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jun 20, 2015, 16:20 HoSpanky

So it's illegal for me to rip my CDs to MP3, or copy my mp3s TO a data cd, when my car has MP3 playback on the 6-disc changer?
I'm not gonna say every MP3 I have is legal, my collection is small compared to most. But the ones I own legally should be copyable to a disc for easier playback in my car.

Is the music industry really saying you have to play your music CDs as-is, instead of, oh, compiling every disc from one band onto a single one? Absurd. How do they think they'll catch people DOING this? Is the RIAA gonna go look through everyone's car?

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Expansion Pricing Backlash
31. Re: Guild Wars 2 Expansion Pricing Backlash Jun 19, 2015, 16:09 HoSpanky

Luke wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 15:42:
Here some are babbeling about 50$ - 60$ for a game is waaayy tooo much , while on the other hand some are paying 1000$ and more in Funding for another "game"

????

Oh god. Fuuuuuck. This can't be possible!
I agree with Luke.

If anyone bitching about this has bought a spaceship for Star Citizen, you're a giant hypocrite.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Eternal Conflict Content
4. Re: Heroes of the Storm Eternal Conflict Content Jun 19, 2015, 10:44 HoSpanky

Nazeebo's attacks are too unfocused for my taste. He's ok support but Anub'arak and Kerrigan are my go-to wrecking balls. Kerrigan is super squishy and is generally better to bring into an already-started fight, but she'll damn well finish it, and chain-kill any runaways. Anub'arak is my current favorite, and I even bought a skin for him...because it's super amusing to be the Pink Ladybug of Doom.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
31. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 15, 2015, 08:52 HoSpanky

CJ...*sigh*

the Witcher is fantastic, yes. But all three of the games above it have multiplayer, which sells games. I don't understand how counter strike is always in the top sellers list, who the hell plays that anymore, and why are they just NOW buying a copy? GTAV is a stellar game, a technical achievement that deserves its spot.

ARK is this month's Besiege: an early access game that runs shockingly well, with precisely zero show-stopping bugs. My buddies all decided it looked like fun so I went along with it. It is fun, in a slow-paced way. Only have had trouble with ONE constructible item, and it turns out it's not even needed (yet). You can't dig into the ground, and that can cause some issues when building structures, but no one had a system crash. There are some severe graphical problems, especially concerning water reflections, but it's Early Access and that's a pretty minor thing. A LOT of the functions in the game have zero help, so we did a lot of Consulting The Internet. If you're interested, make sure you get a friend or two to get it as well, it's not suited for single player.

News Comments > Starbreeze Unveils VR Hardware
1. Re: Starbreeze Unveils VR Hardware Jun 14, 2015, 13:48 HoSpanky

5k display? Sooooo, minimum spec is 3 gtx 980 ti's or something?  

News Comments > Dishonored Game Announcement Accidentally Spoiled
4. Re: Dishonored Game Announcement Accidentally Spoiled Jun 14, 2015, 13:46 HoSpanky

"Rehearsing spontaneous banter"  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Batmobile Trailer
18. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Batmobile Trailer Jun 14, 2015, 09:45 HoSpanky

It looks...half good, half bad. And as someone said, if it's like Black Flag, it obscures everything just to scream "LOOK AT THE SMOKE!", and BF's framerate would get demolished by this. Hopefully they implemented it better and it runs smoothly. But the machine gun smoke does look bizarre.

Doesn't make a difference in purchase for me, as it came with my video card, just gonna be a matter of "does this make it looks better or worse".

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
36. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 12, 2015, 08:45 HoSpanky

Far cry 4 and AC:Unity can be had for $10 apiece at Frys, altho I think it's in-store only at this point. They're leftover vouchers from the Samsung hard drive bundles.

I have fc4, but after GTAV and now Witcher, fc4's world feels...bad. Not sure why. It looks alright, and there's always, ALWAYS something trying to kill me. I think it's the constant "go do this other thing!" That it does, literally every 45-60 seconds. "Here's a truck you should steal and drive back the way you came!" "Here's a hostage situation!" "Here's another hostage situation and a truck to hijack!"

I find it very...unfun. Even taking over a camp sucks this time, as they put a TON of guys inside buildings where you can't see them until you get in, then they come out like an angry anthill. Stealth takeovers are super difficult because of this. That's just me, though. My coworkers found it tons of fun.

News Comments > etc., etc.
9. Re: etc., etc. Jun 11, 2015, 10:56 HoSpanky

Yep, just more pressure to upgrade. This is the bullshittiest of lies I've seen yet though, more than the Halo2/Vista lie.

From what I've read, 10 will feel like 7 but be lightweight like 8. That's pretty much exactly what I want. Not to mention dx12, which I honestly only know a couple things about, but they're both awesome:
1: draw calls can be pushed to the video card, lowering CPU workload. In draw call testing, it was a massive leap in performance, but that didn't take anything else into account.
2: combined video memory. Got two video cards? If they each have 4 gig of ram, you have, between them...4 gig of ram, according to dx11. Dx12 will let you use it as 8.

Supposedly both of these are as simple as recompiling for dx12, but...nothing from devs yet about that. Either way, I'm gonna be making the jump to 10 when it launches.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Jun 10, 2015, 13:27 HoSpanky

The availability of help via the Internet for learning programming helps those indie devs immensely. The guy who did Thomas Was Alone had never programmed anything before he made that game. No, it's not even sort of pretty, but it's functional and clever and doesn't have bugs, so...that's actually pretty impressive.

So instead of going to work at a Big gaming company, where you'd have less than no input on the game itself you'd be working on, and likely lose your job at the end through no fault of your own...why NOT start small?

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst Title Confirmed
9. Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst Title Confirmed Jun 10, 2015, 07:53 HoSpanky

All that sounds like we're gonna get is Battlefield: Wallrunner.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2015, 12:52 HoSpanky

nin wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 10:07:
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver - FIFA Bet Payout.

Goddamn, I love that guy!

On eating McDonalds: "There's a party in my mouth, and my stomach just called the cops to shut it down!"

Seriously, second favorite comedian, second to Louis CK. John Oliver doesn't tend to make me laugh so hard I cry and get hiccups. Also, those were some itty bitty bites, which was lame, but forgiven when he downed that horrid beer like a champ.

News Comments > Fortnite OS X Plans
4. Re: Fortnite OS X Plans Jun 9, 2015, 06:58 HoSpanky

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 04:21:
Huh? This is wave-survival Minecraft. The only major negative so far is how goddamn long they're taking to finish it... It was announced at the 2011 VGAs!

Seriously, do they have like 3 devs working on it as a weekend project?

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight NVIDIA GameWorks Trailer
2. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight NVIDIA GameWorks Trailer Jun 8, 2015, 13:46 HoSpanky

Agreed. The game came free with my video card though so I have very little room to complain if it IS bad, but Rocksteady did a bang-up job on Asylum and City, so I have high hopes for this one. It's been in development since they finished City, with some other group slapping Origins together, so it's no rush job.

Lately, the Nvidia-specific goodies have been massive performance killers, and I've been avoiding them. The Physx in Black Flag, The hair in Witcher3...I worry Batman will suffer the same and I'll be turning their stuff off anyway.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Jun 8, 2015, 13:37 HoSpanky

So, up until yesterday, I was enjoying W3, but mostly because of quest structure. That all changed about halfway through the quest chain for the Bloody Baron. That's when the Hard Choices start happening, and by the time I completed the quest chain, hours and hours later, I was finally emotionally invested in the game. At the end of it, I found an item on the ground, in a place you might not look. While it wasn't something I'd want anyway, I left it there because it felt WRONG to take it. Morally, stomach-churningly wrong. No game has ever had that effect, which I can only attribute to great writing, voice acting, and animation that combines to Make Me Give A Shit.

The characters feel...human. No, they're not visually convincing, but they're clearly not just there as a Quest Giver. I have high hopes for the rest of the game, I know I only just finished the first major "chapter", but it had more going on in it than most games in their entirety.

News Comments > Indie Developers on Steam Refunds
30. Re: Indie Developers on Steam Refunds Jun 8, 2015, 13:18 HoSpanky

So, let's ignore that the game from Qwiboo in question is $2, and went from decent sales to a 73% return rate, despite having good reviews. It's a score-chasing game, and most people will have had their fill within 2 hours. It's also two f'n dollars.

Ignoring that, do the games still pump out cards? I could see people farming cards this way, for free, and then selling them on the steam market. The cards shouldn't start showing up until that 2 hour limit is hit.

I'm a-ok with a low-priced, short game. I have TONS of steam games with 2 hours or less in them (as well as an embarassing number at zero minutes played). Indie studios generally can't afford to make a longer game initially, they rely on their first titles to fund their longer, more ambitious ones. You guys sit here saying "no one would play thru a good game and return it anyway", apparently having never met The Human Race.

I agree there should be a monetary threshold for the refunds. Anything under $5 is an impulse buy anyway, and should be only returnable if it flat-out doesn't work.

Sorry this post is badly assembled. I'm trying to NOT have caffeine and it's really messing with me.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2015, 14:22 HoSpanky

So, People are mad that a man is fed up with people leaving their dog's crap in his yard? They should be happy it was chocolate chips and not poisoned food.  

1035 Comments. 52 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo