Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Aree

Real Name Aree   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HoSpanky
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description argle befu jodl garf!
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 21:02
Total Comments 724 (Apprentice)
User ID 15603

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > More on Steam Living Room Plans Next Week
17. Re: More on Steam Living Room Plans Next Week Sep 20, 2013, 18:14 HoSpanky

Let me stream games from my overpowered computer to a wee box connected to my tv, and I'd buy that in a heartbeat. Nvidia's Shield does it but only on that stupid handheld, I want to run it over cat5, so I'm not locked at 30fps like the shield. Or has someone hacked the software and gotten it running on the ouya (which can "see" 360 controllers)? Cuz that would get me to buy an ouya. Nvidia, SELL me that software for it!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 25 More Steam Greenlights
13. Re: 25 More Steam Greenlights Sep 19, 2013, 20:59 HoSpanky

Just took a look at Superhot, I'm...dunno. it's certainly got a neat look to it but if it literally has one weapon, I'm thinking this had better be $5.  

News Comments > SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games
46. Re: SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games Sep 19, 2013, 20:56 HoSpanky

I see several people saying it's absurd that they ban you for something you're doing "on an unrelated system (twitter)". Considering they'll have a facebook/twitter posting ability built into the game system, it's not "unrelated". Still a bit of a stretch, but if people post videos of them being racist assholes in a game on Twitter....then I can see why SOE may ban them.  

News Comments > 25 More Steam Greenlights
11. Re: 25 More Steam Greenlights Sep 19, 2013, 17:18 HoSpanky

The instant it's available to pre-order directly on Steam, I'm buying NextCarGame. Hope they have the pre-order price available for a little bit at that point.

Bugbear games have already been on Steam, why did they have to get this one greenlit? Is it because they don't have a publisher?

News Comments > Day One - Garry's Incident Preorders
6. Re: Day One - Garry's Incident Preorders Sep 19, 2013, 08:39 HoSpanky

Since this is such an odd way to spell "Gary", I thought it was something related to Garry's Mod.

It could be neat. Not gonna knock someone for NOT making another CoD or zombie game. Soooo fucking tired of zombies, they're the lazy developer's go-to monster. Show me something I haven't seen in 100 other games.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2013, 13:24 HoSpanky

When choosing a mobo, just avoid any with a Killer Nic onboard. The only thing it kills is network functionality. I finally traced the weird issues my machine was having down to it, disabling it and slapping a $13 tp-link nic in.

My recent build also included a water cooler, the corsair h80i. I haven't attempted overclocking, as it was purchased to make it quiet, but it fits in my midtower case rather nicely. The software for it is...iffy, but only needs to be run once. Set up the fan speeds, the led colors, and done forever. My girlfriend immediately wanted one for her machine, as mine became dead silent during desktop use. It gets noisier during gaming, but that's likely mostly from the two 760s I crammed into a source 210e.

As others have said, the processor isn't all that big of a deal anymore. An i5, stock clock speeds, is plowing thru anything I hand it.

If you want to build a TINY machine, Asus just put out a 760 Mini, which somehow is a full gtx760 in an itty bitty card. Not particularly quiet according to the review I saw though.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins PhysX Trailer
10. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins PhysX Trailer Sep 13, 2013, 14:23 HoSpanky

The particle effects in Hawken are physx-driven, and are pretty incredible. They do drag the framerate down on a 560, but now that I'm on a pair of 760s...nothing stops them.  

News Comments > Next Car Game on Greenlight
8. Re: Next Car Game on Greenlight Sep 8, 2013, 18:23 HoSpanky

DangerDog wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 16:44:
I was looking for assurances that they're not going to turn it into a "social" multiplayer centric racing game, I hate that facebook like aspect to new racing games.

Do you mean the "here's your time, here's your friends' times on this course" part? Or do you mean a game with very little to nothing to the single player experience?

Personally, I'm pretty excited for this. Ultimate Carnage was a hoot, even if an entire clean race would occasionally be ruined by the car hitting some tiny piece of debris and sent flying off course. Will be preordering just as soon as I get my Paypal account sorted out. Haven't used it since I changed banks.

News Comments > Steam Trade Offers Launch
40. Re: I read sept 3 and think Rome II Sep 5, 2013, 17:34 HoSpanky

GMG may buy their keys in other regions, where game prices are lower due to general economy. I recall there being an issue with a game a year or so ago due to that, like it only would download a specific language version (not English). My memory on that is fuzzy tho, may have been a different reseller, but I wouldn't be surprised if GMG does the same thing.  

News Comments > Steam Trade Offers Launch
37. Game trading Sep 5, 2013, 16:12 HoSpanky

So uh, since this seems like the right place to post it:
I have a copy of Splinter Cell Blacklist that I don't want. Willing to trade it for a copy of Crysis 3. I realize one is uplay and the other is origin and really has nothing to do with this thread, but I'm lazy and don't want to update my Paypal account so I can sell it on eBay, then turn around and buy a copy of crysis3.

On-topic, I didn't realize trading inventory wasn't possible before? Or was it, and this just puts a better interface to it?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 4, 2013, 19:00 HoSpanky

despite the official release stating that HDMI 2 will NOT require new cables, here's betting Monster and Rocketfish jump on it and sell "HDMI 2.0!!!" cables for an extra $50 over their already nutso prices.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins GeForce GTX Bundle
3. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins GeForce GTX Bundle Aug 31, 2013, 15:59 HoSpanky

Right, I just wanted to trade blacklist for it, but ts probably smarter to sell my blacklist code n buy a c3 one.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins GeForce GTX Bundle
1. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins GeForce GTX Bundle Aug 31, 2013, 12:37 HoSpanky

So a month ago I bought a gtx760. While in transit, nvidia announced that it would come with Splinter cell blacklist. So a few days ago, I ordered my second 760, and while IT was on the way, this got announced. I never wanted Blacklist, i plan on trading it away for crysis 3. I called newegg, explained my double-fucked situation, and they awesomely sent me an Arkham Origins code.

Anyone here have a spare crysis 3 key, and want Blacklist in return?

Tl;dr: Newegg is still teh awesormez.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2013, 12:33 HoSpanky

I just built a new machine around a 760, altho it will have a twin brother quite soon here. Tried water cooling for the first time, got the Corsair H80i, and it keeps the processor at around 35-40c and is pretty quiet. The 760 can't pull off 60 fps in a couple games (far cry 3, Metro LL, Crysis 3), and that's why it's getting a twin.

Im less concerned about games being super demanding, and more concerned about pulling a solid 60 fps for the Oculus Rift. Here's hoping Nvidia realizes that SLI for Oculus should have the cards rendering each eye, not alternating frames. It'd keep the framerates between cards damn near identical.

Oh and Blue, make sure to turn on vsync. My 760 was running crazy hot and loud in some games due to rendering 120+ fps, while my monitor can only show 60. Wasted render time. It was especially bad in Starcraft 2 and BF3.

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Aug 26, 2013, 15:20 HoSpanky

It's yet another top-down space shooter that doesn't look as good as SPAZ, nor does it add multiplayer. Give me a game like this with co-op, allowing builds like heavy armor/shielding, low armor/massive firepower, repair/collector...basically allowing dungeon crawling in space. I'd buy that. I'd love to be deciding if I want to widen my shield's reach at the cost of more power consumption, so I can block incoming fire from our miner, while another player is dodging in and out from behind the shield, takin pot shots with ridiculous weaponry.  

News Comments > No GFWL for Batman: Arkham Origins - GFWL & AOE Online Ending Next Year?
47. Re: No GFWL for Batman: Arkham Origins - GFWL & AOE Online Ending Next Year? Aug 20, 2013, 17:08 HoSpanky

The fix would be fake "GFWL" registration server software that you load on your machine. A small executable that pretends to be the MS server, authorizing whatever bullshittery the game needs it to. This would keep games without an active publisher/developer from being completely cut out. Now, it won't fix multiplayer issues, but it'd at least be a solution for being able to play games SP.  

News Comments > No GFWL for Batman: Arkham Origins - GFWL & AOE Online Ending Next Year?
27. Re: No GFWL for Batman: Arkham Origins - GFWL & AOE Online Ending Next Year? Aug 20, 2013, 08:19 HoSpanky

Nooooooo Red Faction Guerilla!  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2013, 13:20 HoSpanky

dj LiTh wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 12:56:
A spy agency spying? OMG what were they thinking!?! Seriously, grow a pair, man up, figure out your living in the real world and not some fantasy based on a peice of paper created 200+ years ago

Seriously, grow a brain, stop pretending to be an adult. Adults know the proper usage of "your" and "you're". Your entire argument is invalidated instantly when you're illiterate.

News Comments > GTA5 PC Confirmed?
24. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 11:58 HoSpanky

I'd bet that the PC version will more likely be running the assets that the next-gen system version of GTA5 will use. Can't announce it and have any screenshots, as they may look significantly better than the current-gen systems can manage.

I'd bet they're planning it for PS4 and Xbone. Don't TELL anyone that yet. Let them buy it on the current consoles. Re-sell it to them as a AAA title to play on their shiny NEW console in a few months. PC version will likely sneak out after all that. Can't have new console owners seeing that the PC version STILL looks better.

News Comments > BeamNG Racing Game Alpha
5. Re: BeamNG Racing Game Alpha Aug 11, 2013, 16:22 HoSpanky

Thanks CP, that explains the impressive lighting in the demo video. Still, this is amazing looking stuff.

So does it have multiplayer functionality built in? I'm still at work, can only see the video.

724 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo