Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Aree

Real Name Aree   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HoSpanky
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description argle befu jodl garf!
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 21:02
Total Comments 764 (Graduate)
User ID 15603

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve Not Making Retail VR Headsets
3. Re: Valve Not Making Retail VR Headsets Jan 17, 2014, 12:27 HoSpanky

I'm dismayed at Valve's backing of the Rift. Because now, it's likely to arrive in Valve Time. It already feels like they're about 6 months late, but now? *sigh*  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
11. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 17, 2014, 08:57 HoSpanky

I worked at Amazon for about 9 months. During the summer, an ambulance sat out front just waiting for people to pass out from the heat in a certain section of the building. That was their solution, NOT installing better airflow/cooling to a small, specific area. The rest of the building was sweltering hot as well but it's unsurprising that they didnt air condition a building that's over a quarter mile long (and is still expanding).

Also, we shipped chocolate out of there, middle of summer. Don't order chocolate from Amazon.

News Comments > etc., etc.
9. Re: etc., etc. Jan 16, 2014, 08:41 HoSpanky

Cutter wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 22:15:
My buddy does that song at Karoke and he just nails it. Everyone always goes haywire when he does it.

Oh shit, I didnt realize I was your buddy! Because there's no way that there's more than one person that does an awesome job on The Bad Touch at karaoke.

Wait, I don't think my friend that goes with me even has Internet. Oh god. You're that creepy guy who comes in with his mom and hair that obviously hasn't been washed in weeks. Oh god oh god I can never go back.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 13, 2014, 11:09 HoSpanky

Curved tvs are the most blatant attempt to make people buy yet another tv for no good reason.

Flat tvs are wonderful, most people are thrilled to death with their current tvs. Companies don't make any money from tvs people are happy with, so they're inventing reasons that those fantastic tvs people already have are now "inferior". Hopefully no one falls for it. They've been trying for years to shrink tv depth to the point it can hang on the wall like a painting, and now that they've done it, they're UNDOING it??

News Comments > Op Ed
32. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 08:24 HoSpanky

Wintyr seems to be a parody identity, like good ol' Jeff K. If it's for real, I have zero doubt that this tool yells "Wintyr is coming!" at the start of every match, thinking he's clever.

Wintyr, your abominable grammar IS a problem. The instant you prove you don't even understand the language you're using, everything you say is considered idiotic, even if you were revealing the cure for cancer.

Damn, I fell for it. No way that's a real person.

News Comments > Eye Tracking Controller Plans
11. Re: Eye Tracking Controller Plans Jan 4, 2014, 12:17 HoSpanky

I see this as a useful tool for people with physical disabilities, but really, it'd end up being used to determine if people really looked at certain billboards in racing games and using that to determine how much to charge to put an ad there.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 29, 2013, 12:45 HoSpanky

Amazed to see a game with no discount whatsoever sitting on the top sellers list during a huge sale. Go go Starbound!  

News Comments > Festivus Consolidation
2. Re: Festivus Consolidation Dec 23, 2013, 11:38 HoSpanky

Yep. My wiiU will likely see no more than 6 games in its life, and I already have 4. But it was free, and Mario 3d world is fan-fucking-tastic.  

News Comments > Next Car Game Early Access and Demo
2. Re: Next Car Game Early Access and Demo Dec 23, 2013, 11:31 HoSpanky

The tech demo is hilarious, but the cars smash up waaaay too easily. Hoping to see them be a bit more resilient in the early access.  

News Comments > "Full-Fledged" Tom Clancy's: The Division on PCs
2. Re: Dec 20, 2013, 10:03 HoSpanky

Ehh, aside from the Uplay parasite it'll undoubtedly have, Ubi's been doing a pretty good job with their PC versions of games. Far Cry 3 never felt like a console game, and it definitely had visual upgrades over the console versions.

I'm excited for The Division, the co-op/adversarial combination should provide for a lot of surprise scrambling about. OR, it could just be that people camp Known Mission Locations and snipe everyone when they come out. Hopefully there are safeguards in place for that (groups that don't move get ambushed regularly by NPCs).

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March
2. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 19, 2013, 21:20 HoSpanky

Uggh, for $40, you'd think they'd add more than one act...honestly, you got quite a bit more in the original game, at $60. Unless this expansion is nearly the length of the base game...I'm gonna wait it out.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
4. Re: Saturday Consolidation Dec 14, 2013, 14:12 HoSpanky

I got a WiiU thru work for free (like a weird reward points system), basically for The Marios. Got Wind Waker as well. The system has like 20 games for it, sadly. But as long as Mario Kart makes it out the door, I'll be happy.

Again: the system was free. Without a much larger set of games, I couldn't see myself paying for one.

News Comments > Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Free Weekend
3. Re: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Free Weekend Dec 6, 2013, 05:49 HoSpanky

This really is a great Kart racing game. For how much the original just screamed "me too!", this one adds enough to the genre that the new Mario Kart is copying it, concerning transforming vehicles.  

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Dec 4, 2013, 13:13 HoSpanky

I'm having a hard time here. Pre-ordering generally gains you nothing. Your money is now earning the developer interest while you wait weeks and sometimes months to get anything for it. Unless they offer something pretty substantial that you can ONLY get from pre-ordering...you are a fool, and we all know about fools and their money.

I agree that if you buy a game that absolutely refuses to work, you should be able to get a refund. Outside of that, it's not Steam's job to make sure you don't buy a piece of shit. There's SO MUCH media available on almost every game out there, how do you blame Steam for your inability to control your impulse purchasing?

If digital files weren't innately easy to copy, returns would be allowed. But because digital products are very different from any other product on earth, they have to have these (fairly reasonable) protections in place. You can't compare a download to a car, once you return the car they have proof you no longer have it.

Tl;dr: stop blaming others for your poor decisions.

News Comments > Need for Speed Rivals Trailer
3. Re: Need for Speed Rivals Trailer Dec 4, 2013, 07:13 HoSpanky

I'll pick it up when it's below $15, and above 30fps.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 24, 2013, 12:17 HoSpanky

Aren't they required to send them copyright notice info, or risk losing their copyright even if they don't intend to sue for damages?

Also, it's not "parody" if you use someone else's tune to sell a product. I hope Goldieblox doesn't get destroyed by this, my nieces love them.

News Comments > Next Car Game Kickstarter Axed; Preorder Sneak Peek Released
9. Re: Next Car Game Kickstarter Axed; Preorder Sneak Peek Released Nov 23, 2013, 18:00 HoSpanky

I pre-ordered after seeing just a little of the tech demo. stupid excited for this game, I loved Ultimate Carnage and this is very much going to become the next step from that.

Also, I think it'd be a hoot if they put a level with roller-coastery sections like this into the game. UC never had any craziness like it, it'd be like trackmania with collisions. Even if they take that exact tech demo level and allow people to hop into it in multiplayer, I could easily spend an hour or more setting up ridiculous things for us to attempt. It'd be dead easy for them to do, even.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Nov 22, 2013, 14:01 HoSpanky

Here's hoping Totalbiscuit's review is influential enough to push EA to fix the framerate lockdown. More review sites need to make it a score-lowering issue. 30fps lock on was only acceptable in one racing game I can think of, and it was a piss-poor port.  

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers add ShadowPlay Beta
10. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers add ShadowPlay Beta Nov 19, 2013, 13:02 HoSpanky

Super awesome that the new version apparently doesn't require you to have a CPU anymore. Now I can spend more on the video card in my next build, since I can ignore that pesky CPU. If I get a Titan, I won't even need ram since it'll have 2mb of memory left over for the OS when I'm running CoD!

Unfortunately I'll still need a motherboard to hook my fans to. Any idea who makes mobos without CPU or ram slots? Trying to save money.

News Comments > Half-Life Anniversary
8. Re: Half-Life Anniversary Nov 19, 2013, 12:31 HoSpanky

Was oddly looking into the black mesa mod last night, Xen still isnt done.

I grabbed the hl2 Cinematic Mod, 44 gigs making the game look amazing, altho their decision to make a new Alyx model that's the wrong goddamn race baffles me. The replacement model looks Brazilian, and certain animations that looked correct on Alyx's thin lips look all wrong with Angelina Jolie-esque puffy lips. Still, you can put the original Alyx model in if you want, even if she looks a wee out of place among the crazy updated levels.

764 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo