Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Aree

Real Name Aree   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HoSpanky
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description argle befu jodl garf!
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 21:02
Total Comments 600 (Apprentice)
User ID 15603

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 21, 2011, 22:03 HoSpanky

Well, at least I don't have to find the cash to get SOTC/Ico any time soon.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Demo Plans
3. Re: Battlefield 3 Demo Plans Apr 21, 2011, 21:42 HoSpanky

They never said the demo is gonna be on the pc. Just that there will be a demo.  

News Comments > Crysis 2 Multiplayer Demo
14. Re: Crysis 2 Multiplayer Demo Mar 1, 2011, 12:09 HoSpanky

with a GTX260 and a 2.8 ghz 3-core AMD, I could run the game at its highest settings, but it felt like mouse smoothing was on....at the medium setting it definitely felt snappier. Ran faster than the original Crysis does, but it's likely due to the small environment you play in for the demo.
It may "only" be DX9, but it's very, very pretty. Was NOT impressed with the menu options. Graphics are limited to resolution and 3 overall quality settings, the moving menu LOOKS neat but feels awkward to maneuver. "Press Start", really? At no point did it seem to prove it's worth paying $60 for. I'm totally OK with paying $15-$20 when steam puts it on sale this Christmas, tho. That goes for Bulletstork as well.

And yes, that's what my phone suggests "Bulletstorm" to be changed to. I always see the Vlasic mascot in Rambo gear when that pops up.

News Comments > Magicka Patched
4. Re: Magicka Patched Jan 29, 2011, 00:08 HoSpanky

I picked this game up along with 2 buddies. Getting it to play online is a nightmare, altho after seeing the posts about "lan play is fine", we all loaded up hamachi and it works *decently*. At least we can find each other's games and join them reliably.

This game has a long ways to go, though. We frequently got out of sync, had a bugged boss fight that forced us to restart, would get "stuck" on nothing...LOTS of frustration. You can see the hilariously fun game underneath because more often than not, it ran right. I don't think it should have been released in the state it's in, but it's quite possible that after 2 delays, their publisher just wanted to see some return from it.

I'm hoping it gets sorted out in the next couple weeks. Jesus, don't let it become the crying shame Rocket Jockey turned into. The network play *barely* worked, and you could SEE it would be awesome if it functioned right, but the company went out of business so no more patches.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 19, 2011, 00:23 HoSpanky

...and it's fuckin hilarious  

News Comments > Torchlight II Interview
11. Re: Torchlight II Interview Jan 8, 2011, 12:01 HoSpanky

I gotta agree with Cram on this...TL2 is right around the corner, while Diablo 3 has a very good chance of not showing up at all this year.

Also, while some people got bored with TL1, I find it a fun distraction here and there that I can fire up on....well, damn near anything, and have my character right there ready to go. Multiplayer oughta make the sequel far more of a regularly played game for me, I'm just hoping it's not painfully easy like Titan Quest was (and yes, we tried multiple hacks designed to jack up the difficulty....was never a challenge).

Anyway, while I bought TL1 on a $5 steam sale, TL2 is a day 1 purchase.

News Comments > Amnesia Nears 200K Sold
16. Re: Amnesia Nears 200K Sold Jan 8, 2011, 03:05 HoSpanky

I grabbed this one on sale, haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Been playing The Ball, which is pretty entertaining, even if most of the rooms so far are just giant boxes.

And yeah, I'm putting off playing it cuz I know it's going to scare the crap out of me.

News Comments > NightSky Next Week
2. Re: NightSky Next Week Jan 1, 2011, 21:50 HoSpanky

I hate to sound cynical, but I can't help but wonder if they're releasing the PC version now because it doesn't have to go through any console manufacturer's insane QA process.

If they're low on funds, releasing it on PC to recoup and then be able to afford the certification isn't a stupid plan. It looks like my kind of game, so they'll be getting a small portion of that from me.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Update on Vick's dogs Nov 27, 2010, 16:54 HoSpanky

glad to see they weren't all put down just because Vick was a waste of life.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 27, 2010, 16:20 HoSpanky

the comments section on Best Buy's site for the cable are pretty amusing.  

News Comments > Black Friday Consolidation
1. Re: Black Friday Consolidation Nov 26, 2010, 17:21 HoSpanky

'Splosion Man for $2 on xbox live, best deal I've seen for Black Friday.  

News Comments > Boulder Dash-XL Announced
5. Re: Boulder Dash-XL Announced Nov 9, 2010, 17:01 HoSpanky

They recently made a new Lode Runner for the 360, within the last year or two. Graphically, of course, much better than previous versions but it's the exact same game it's always been, and I've never really liked it. If you liked it, well then...there's your game.

As for Boulder Dash, I'm not a fan of the robot main character but I suppose it makes it more family-friendly and keeps an E rating on it. Can't blame em for it, and if the game is still great, then who cares.

6. Sonic Free Riders Nov 3, 2010, 20:18 HoSpanky

As the first Mafia-free post here, am I the only one who noticed that they showed the guy and girl playing "co-op" in the Sonic game, and not the guys? Cuz it looks cute with those two (even though all the players are 10 years over the target audience), but I doubt the physical contact it requires is going to appeal to little boys.

Maybe it should have been Strawberry Shortcake riders. Little girls play pattycake. Little boys do not.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 25, 2010, 12:25 HoSpanky

NFS should be Burnout with licensed cars. At least that's what I'd assume with Criterion developing it. Preview videos look...well, like Burnout.

This is not a bad thing. I was not impressed with their support for the pc version of Paradise tho.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 23, 2010, 17:02 HoSpanky

Not only was that some truly impressive teamwork in the Reach video, it was short and to the point. 19 seconds of pure awesome. Too many "awesome stunt" videos from Halo are stretched out to 5 minutes with a lengthy introduction or "let's show you that from 50 viewpoints!" replays.  

News Comments > Zombie Driver Free Expansion Plans
1. Re: Zombie Driver Free Expansion Plans Oct 21, 2010, 12:30 HoSpanky

When they say "other survivors", does this mean multiplayer?

I bought this game a few months ago when it was on sale, was a great way to kill a couple afternoons. Its not a huge or complex game but it delivers precisely what it claims to.

News Comments > StarCraft II Patched
2. Re: StarCraft II Patched Oct 15, 2010, 09:09 HoSpanky

The void ray nerf was indeed necessary, but the Terran requirement for a supply depot before they can build a barracks is going to make them WAY too easy to wipe out with a rush. Protoss will have zealots in their base before they get their first marine out.  

News Comments > Early DNF Access for All Steam Borderlands Owners?
9. Re: Early DNF Access for All Steam Borderlands Owners? Oct 14, 2010, 12:15 HoSpanky

Borderlands is basically the same game in single or multiplayer, but the story is pretty sparse and you will be fighting the exact same enemies over and over for the entire game. Its definitely aimed at co-op (it is ridiculous fun with friends), but it's pretty weak if you're looking for anything more than shooting stuff and getting TONS of mildly different guns. Personally, I quit playing it the day my friends did, the story had zero draw to keep me playing. I enjoyed the time I spent in it with friends, have no interest in playing it alone.
Get a friend or two to pick it up and have a great time.

News Comments > DOTA 2 Announced
6. Re: DOTA 2 Announced Oct 13, 2010, 14:16 HoSpanky

If this turns out to be a freebie like Alien Swarm, it may do decently. But noone is going to pay for a "near identical" version of a free single map game. Read the description, there will be only one map.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2010, 12:43 HoSpanky

Yeah Blue, for a company like doritos to put out a chip that's actually HOT was a surprise...sort of. About 15 years ago they had "flamin hot" doritos which were pretty rough as well.
The 3rd degree don't seem any hotter than the 1st n 2nd. But if you're looking for flavor, not heat, southwest ranch baked Lays are the way to go.

600 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo