Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Aree

Real Name Aree   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HoSpanky
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description argle befu jodl garf!
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 21:02
Total Comments 695 (Apprentice)
User ID 15603

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 17, 2014, 10:55 HoSpanky

There IS a picture in that link, and it looks kinda like master chief's helmet. Moreso than coincidence, perhaps, but not much.

So FH2 can be digitally pre-ordered, which is a terrible plan. Limited space on the Xbone is pushing me to go disc when I can, and on top of that, digital copies can't be traded in later, making them worth less, but cost the same.
Oh wait, no, it costs $10 MORE than a physical copy, since buying it from the Microsoft Store gets me a $10 Xbox live card.

Edit: the demo is pretty much everything I hoped it'd be. I read that it runs at 30fps like the original, but it certainly doesn't feel like 30. The demo has the car I spent 90% of my time using in FH1, the Lancer, and it'll likely get just as much time, if not more, now that you can plow through fences and go offroad.

Also, they could rename the game Exploding Park Bench Simulator. They don't fall apart like everything else.

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 2014, 11:01.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Xbox One Controller for Windows in November
8. Re: Xbox One Controller for Windows in November Sep 17, 2014, 10:39 HoSpanky

Verno wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 09:59:
Quboid wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 09:33:
Maybe it's just me but this looks like another case of Microsoft telling customers what they want to buy. This is why the Xbone is getting hammered by the PS4, dumbasses.

Yeah I agree. I don't know what they were thinking by not offering a little wireless dongle.

They are thinking "hey, this already works on pc, let's put forth zero effort and make it the "pc version" of the controller!".
Sorry, I'm quite happy with my wireless 360 controller. Trying to sell me an inferior product for MORE than the wireless controller + dongle is incredibly foolish. Notice they're not making a wired controller, they're just packaging a standard Xbone controller with the USB charging cord and calling it a wired controller.

News Comments > MS Working on Xbox Streaming to Browsers?
12. Re: MS Working on Xbox Streaming to Browsers? Sep 13, 2014, 16:33 HoSpanky

Can't work well, no way. Steam streaming has trouble with 1080p over a wired gigabit network, they're not gonna pull off 60fps/1080p over the Internet.  

News Comments > PC GTA5 in January
80. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 13, 2014, 11:01 HoSpanky

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 09:29:
oh, and in case we don't have everyone yet -

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/bluesnews

note to LIEUTENANTS and REPRESENTATIVES, let me or Blue know if someone needs to be promoted - or if you are muscle and play a ton, let us know so we can adjust your rank.

Thanks.

Bats.

I'll join up when gta5 actually comes out, unless that includes max Payne 3. Dunno. I just downloaded it after having bought it months ago, but THEN I got an Xbone, so prolly in a couple weeks I'll get to MP3. And this late, MP3's pc multiplayer crowd is probably quite thin, so maybe it won't matter in there anyway.

News Comments > PC GTA5 in January
40. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 13:30 HoSpanky

This has nothing to do with QC, it's to get the most sales during the holiday that they can. Which is exactly what EVERY publisher is doing, and expecting that THEIR big game is the big game people want.

Speaking of, Destiny is actually...good. Far more ambitious than I expected, looks great and runs liquidy smooth. Feels exactly like Halo, but that's hard to cry about. Hoping its coming to PC in a few months, as it's Halo, Borderlands, and an MMO rolled up nicely. I may not re-buy it on pc though, it doesn't feel or look gimped in the slightest.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 11, 2014, 14:03 HoSpanky

I agree, Meat, I *loved* the first one, and the announcement of the second one is what tipped the scale on buying an Xbone. Mine showed up yesterday, haven't had a chance to fiddle with it yet. Came with Destiny and Forza5, Crimson Dragon is free this month with Gold, and I'm excited to mess around with Killer Instinct.

But I bought it for horizon 2.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 9, 2014, 23:22 HoSpanky

It was crazy illegal, the US had ZERO jurisdiction but convinced the New Zealand government to go along with it. Hollywood apparently has that much influence over the US government.

It's a case of blatant overreach, and I hope NZ keeps denying the US whatever it asks for on the case. They're STILL trying to extradite him, and I hope they never get him. Precedence from this case will be used in any file-sharing case to follow.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Xbox One Controller Driver for Mac Sep 9, 2014, 13:11 HoSpanky

nin wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 10:09:
Ozmodan wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 10:02:
It probably depends on the game, but I have yet to find a game that does not play better with a keyboard and mouse than a console controller.

Seems like a big waste of time making a mac driver for such, considering that the mac has far less games available to it.

I'd hate to play a racing or flight based game with k/m only.

I use my 360 controller for about half of my games. But it works wirelessly, and MS has yet to release an adapter to allow the Xbone controller to work wirelessly.
Also, from what it looks like, this guy intends to sell the driver, which means DRM to keep people from just passing it around.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Sep 6, 2014, 12:40 HoSpanky

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 6, 2014, 00:31:
Sounds like too much to go in to a single movie without having to dump corners and trivialize the Colossals.

Not to mention being built around a love interest. I swear, why do movies with such potential have to be mired in a love story. Is that something the game had as well or is this just another shoehorned subplot that's going to take too much time to explore?

The game's plot revolves around the girl you're trying to bring back to life, yes. I imagine they'll leave out the less-than-interesting colossi, like the gorilla one and the smallish pig/bull. If you have a ps3 and a 3d display, SotC is awesome in 3d. You already spend the game feeling small, in 3d you get a much better feel for how enormous these creatures are. The story is bare-bones, but still good. And even though I'd played through it on the ps2, I still felt horrible taking down the horse colossus. It spends the entire "fight" just curiously wondering what this little creature running around it is.

SotC and Super Stardust HD are really the only two games I've played that actually benefit from 3D. SSHD goes from being a near incomprehensible mess of stuff onscreen to making incredible spatial sense, and even though its one of the ps3's earlier games, it looks fantastic.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 4, 2014, 12:24 HoSpanky

Is this MS's way of beating PS4 to a cheaper bundle with Destiny? No OFFICIAL bundle, but so VERY curious that it's during Destiny's launch week.  

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed
22. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed Sep 4, 2014, 12:13 HoSpanky

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 10:58:
SlimRam wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 10:55:
IMAGINE!

"When your starting to get a RYSE, Reach for a Trojan brand condom!"

I think it's worth a shot to send your resume to Crytek

I think it'd be worth SlimRam's time to learn proper grammar first. The ad idea is funny, tho, I imagine it with a little Trojan soldier next to it. If the extreme gore in Ryse gives you a boner though, you've got other problems.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 3, 2014, 10:30 HoSpanky

So, they say local governments should subsidize private sector ISPs. Why aren't locals building shell companies that the local gov't then gives the same massive subsidies AT&T wants, effectively making their own ISPs but labelled as a "private company"? It's not illegal, it's skirting the law, which is exactly what these massive companies have done for years.

That's fair competition.

News Comments > Early Access Release Unreleased
2. Re: Early Access Release Unreleased Sep 2, 2014, 19:24 HoSpanky

Whaaaat, you mean someone got paid when they were halfway done with the job, and didn't bother to finish it?

YOU DON'T SAY.

More proof that Early Access isn't as great as some would hope. Thankfully, Planetary Annihilation appears to still be going strong, excited to pick that up as soon as it goes final.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2014, 11:26 HoSpanky

Halloween, or Gencon attendees on their way back home?  

News Comments > Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner
12. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 16, 2014, 15:55 HoSpanky

This isnt the first "lots versus one big guy" game. Giants: Citizen Kabuto has two teams building bases while a single player runs around as Kabuto, basically being a dick to both teams. Unfortunately one of the two base-building factions has an absurdly effective way to take out Kabuto, and they can also steal base builders (which are limited in number on the map), which there is no way for the other side to recover them. It's broken, but came out back when multiplayer was for fun only.

Get some friends together to play it. It's not a super pretty game anymore, but the multiplayer is one of a kind. Name another game where you gather the resources and research the ability to build a three person gyrocopter, which you joyfully fly out over your base, and as you look down, a giant blue gorilla throws a two-legged sheep at you. Or maybe you JUST get your force field wall up around your base, and that giant blue gorilla jumps over it and does a belly flop right on your weapons factory. Then he eats one of your teammates, snatches YOU up, and impales you on a horn as a snack for later. Despite the flaws, it's incredibly fun.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 16, 2014, 12:53 HoSpanky

There's a director who knows no major labels will pick her up, so she doesn't have to say what they tell her to.

Haven't seen any of her movies, but I'll be watching a couple of em in the next week.

News Comments > AMD Catalyst Beta Drops Win 8.0 Support
3. Re: RE: Follow up Aug 16, 2014, 12:18 HoSpanky

You should just upgrade to Windows 7 instead.  

News Comments > Another The Crew Beta This Month
10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 9, 2014, 07:43 HoSpanky

The Run is broken up into pieces, there's no open-world about it. It's a set of races that they tell you are chained together as a cross- country drive.

Hot Pursuit has an open "world" option, but it's smaller than Burnout Paradise.

The largest open world I've seen in a game was FUEL, but only the hand made sections were fun to drive. The procedurally generated areas were always ridiculously windy roads, no fun to drive on because you NEVER got out of third gear.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 8, 2014, 13:11 HoSpanky

I'm blown away by how much money was burned on games that...just didn't sell. And he's getting back up for a third time to try again. Archmage rises doesn't look to be my kind of game, I have an aversion to turn-based games. Not sure why. But I hope it sells well.
I wouldn't be surprised if he got a small, short surge of sales on his other two games (is the storybook actually a game?) due to this article. Nothing that would justify their creation costs, but maybe a small chunk that could be funneled into Archmage.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
17. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 3, 2014, 00:36 HoSpanky

This sort of site very much appeals to horrible kids who have no rage filter. Opting to NOT use that site doesn't help; it simply blindsides that kid even more. Why is everyone pointing and snickering at me? Eventually that kid finds out someone said he/she "loves taking it up the ass, and makes out with her mother!". Adults find that ridiculous, but school kids eat it up, thy WANT to believe someone who is already socially awkward is a terrible sexual deviant, or is physically misshapen "I saw it in the gym shower!". Social status is EVERYTHING to kids. There is literally nothing higher on their priority list. Graduating/college/work isn't even on the radar. Long term consequences don't matter.

With no "source", a site like that means they can post absurd things on there and not worry about any repercussions. It's a Mean Girl wet dream.

695 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo