Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Buckermann

Real Name Buckermann   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Buckermann
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 18, 2002, 20:23
Total Comments 323 (Amateur)
User ID 15549

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Music Buyers are Going Legit Jun 22, 2005, 03:36 Buckermann

Siward,
It's not that easy. When you buy your crack from a dealer, does the simple act of exchanging money for goods make it legal?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
63. Re: HELP Jun 12, 2005, 07:02 Buckermann

A quick Google search showed this:
http://www.softwarepatch.com/tips/howto-delete-xp.html
Still no luck? OK, here is the best trick of all. Most sites give you cryptic Windows registry and DOS commands to remove a file, but the answer is so much simpler. Get a copy of MoveOnBoot (http://www.softwarepatch.com/software/moveonboot.html). It's free and this simple tool allows you to Move, Copy or Delete files before Windows can lock or alter the files. The changes are made to your hard drive before Windows starts, hence it requires a restart of your system after you give MoveOnBoot its instructions. There are no messy boot or DOS commands, just a simple 3-step process.

Step 1: Locate the name of the file that is causing your problems.

Step 2: Decide if you want to copy, move or delete the file.

Step 3. Choose a destination for moving the file, or a new file name for the rename option (this option won't appear if you are deleting a file).

Click OK to confirm you want to process. The nice thing is that the program doesn't make you reboot straight away. It's a good idea to reboot ASAP, but if you are in the middle of something and want to wait, the program will simply run next time you start Windows.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Demo
308. Re: No subject Jun 11, 2005, 01:59 Buckermann

Runs good enough with my Nvidia FX5600 even if it's not listed as a supported card (all GFX settings on low of course, except 100% View Range). I guess FPS around 60-75.
Could be worse. And I'm under the impression that it runs better than BF:V. I could be wrong though.
But the 10/12 minute round timer is really annoying. So far I never had a game reach zero tickets (maybe out of 25 games).
The game looks decent enough. Will probably buy it. Does anybody know how many maps are included with the full game?

Edit:Pitiful, if you start a 32 multiplayer game for yourself you can test some planes and helis. And if you are the only player in the game, you won't have to worry about the timer.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 02:03.

News Comments > Far Cry Expansion
65. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2005, 20:23 Buckermann

Devourer, while I think you are dumb as a brick and without any social skills whatsoever, I must admit that this thread was really funny because of your aforementioned intellectual shortcommings.
Please keep on posting! I really like it when braindead people like you are humiliated in public.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Restricted Area
9. Re: No subject Jun 1, 2005, 08:39 Buckermann

Better try the demo before you buy this. The german version (which was released many months ago) has left me very dissapointed. I don't mind the old-style gfx, but the gameplay became quite fast boring.
And it has nothing in common with Fallout beside a (somewhat) apocalyptic setting.
Multiplayer was almost unplayable due to bugs, but I don't know how far they fixed that.

[edit:some typos]

This comment was edited on Jun 1, 08:40.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Nvidia Driver May 31, 2005, 21:17 Buckermann

I, for example, can't play Silent Storm with some of the newish drivers. Had to revert to the 44.something ones. But they work with everything I throw at it

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: When Hollywood actors get May 26, 2005, 18:37 Buckermann

I guess in 5 years the synthetic speech and animations will be so life-like that real actors and speakers are the exception, even for photo realistic cutscenes.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: 'right wing' hate spam May 16, 2005, 23:26 Buckermann

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-Right_politics
Despite the prevalence and durability of these terms, there is little consensus on what it actually means to be Left or Right. There are various different opinions about what is actually being measured along this axis:
Modern use of the terms
The contemporary right is usually defined by its opposition to economic redistribution, open/loose border immigration policies, social liberalism, and/or government mandated cultural diversity. This opposition is usually either in the name of tradition (conservatism or nationalism), of economic freedom and the rights of private property, or of pessimism about the possibility of governments successfully achieving positive effects by legislation.
IMO the label right-wing isn't wrong for this idiots. But a better term would certainly right-wing fascists.
And the article never mentions nazis in any way. So, why do you think this isn't about real right-wings?

News Comments > Dungeon Lords Patch
7. Re: No subject May 11, 2005, 04:27 Buckermann

After playing the demo (and reading the comments of the devs regarding improvements), I was fairly optimistic that this could be a fun (albeit very light) RPG.
I guess I was wrong. I also guess software like this is one of the very reasons why many people prefer to download it via BitTorrent instead of buying it.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to say that software piracy is always justified, but with such a unfinished game it is no wonder that so many people do it.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: No subject May 9, 2005, 15:36 Buckermann

From the article:
As a troublesome schoolboy, you'll laugh and cringe as you stand up to bullies, get picked on by teachers, play pranks on malicious kids, win or lose the girl, and ultimately learn to navigate the obstacles of the fictitious reform school, Bullworth Academy.

I don't see a problem with this game.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in 2006?
25. Re: oops.. May 6, 2005, 15:56 Buckermann

I won't hold my breath for this either, but I still want to play it.
Sometime...
In the future. The far away future.

7. Re: Dangers Lurk Along Windows' 64-Bit U May 4, 2005, 16:17 Buckermann

That's a relief.
I already thought you Yanks have gone completly mad this time

4. Dangers Lurk Along Windows' 64-Bit Upgr May 4, 2005, 15:17 Buckermann

Installing a 64-Bit XP will void the warranty of my PC???
That must be the biggest bulls*** I've ever heard. Of course, if you install XP64 don't expect to get technical support from Gateway or Dell, but no more warranty?
Only the representative from HP said "This [HP-sponsored upgrade] by no means voids any of our hardware-based warranties". I don't know about the consumer rights in the USA, but you sure can install a new OS and not void the hardware warranty in the country I live in.
Or did I miss something important in that article?

News Comments > German The Fall Patch
5. Re: SS Totenkopf Apr 29, 2005, 07:35 Buckermann

To be fair, they will offer a update Dvd sometime in the future. But there is no information right now how this will be handled exactly.

News Comments > Help Wanted
3. Re: No subject Apr 28, 2005, 22:35 Buckermann

Space Captain, sometimes I think you are a mean person

I just wanted to point out that the Webmonkeys of Activision (who is not a small publisher IMHO) should invest a few minutes to bring it's browser detection up to date.
And BTW, I have the "User Agent Switcher" extension installed, so this isn't really a problem.
It just anoys me.

News Comments > Morning Preview
2. Re: No subject Apr 28, 2005, 22:27 Buckermann

This looks interresting. I think I give the Demo/Beta a try.

News Comments > Help Wanted
1. http://www.activision.com Apr 28, 2005, 19:40 Buckermann

Activision with Firefox
To view this site, download the lastest version of your browser.
Download Netscape
Download Internet Explorer
Thank you, but no. I think I stick with Firefox 1.03 which I consider everything but old.

7. Re: Hacker deletes own hard drive. Apr 28, 2005, 19:31 Buckermann

Fake? Maybe. But I have a friend who is a teacher in a vocational school, and it's sometimes almost impossible to believe the storys he tells about his pupils aged 16-19.
There are a lot of really stupid people around us. Sad but true.

News Comments > German The Fall Patch
3. Re: ??? Apr 28, 2005, 17:59 Buckermann

Patch size:
without new speech 270 Mega Byte
with new speech 1.1 Giga Byte...

News Comments > Night Watch Announced
9. Re: Damn Apr 27, 2005, 18:16 Buckermann

I absolutly loved Silent Storm and the Addon. Hopefully this game will be equally as good.
/em crosses fingers

323 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo