Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Buckermann

Real Name Buckermann   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Buckermann
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 18, 2002, 20:23
Total Comments 321 (Amateur)
User ID 15549

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Competitions
2. Re: One year subscription to WWII Online Sep 19, 2005, 17:14 Buckermann

I don't plan to enter that competition. I think I won already...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
1. Brigade E5: New Jagged Union Sep 14, 2005, 05:10 Buckermann

Just in case somebody missed it, 3D Gamers has a russian demo for Brigade E5: New Jagged Union (and a patch for it).
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/brigadee5/downloads/

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
4. XBox HL2 Shots Sep 10, 2005, 16:54 Buckermann

I'm quite sure that the high JPEG compression is, at least to some degree, to blame for this awfull picture quality.

News Comments > UFO: Aftershock Speed Bump
6. Re: PLEASE!!!! Sep 9, 2005, 03:59 Buckermann

I was rather dissapointed by UFO:Aftermath. But this one looks quite a bit more sophisticated.

News Comments > Bet on Soldier SP Demo
8. Re: No subject Sep 2, 2005, 01:01 Buckermann

I think StarForce (or maybe Securom) messed up my CD/DVD drives, or to be more precise, the Windows recognition of a disk changes.
After I change the disk in a drive, Windows will still show the directory of the previous disk when I open the disk in the explorer. Only when I try to open the directory while the drive is still busy initializing the new disk, I can get windows to show me the new directory. And sometimes (but not allways) while doing this, the mouse cursor changes to the standard arrow with a little disk icon in the upper right corner. I uninstalled all games, and tried the various starforce/securom uninstaller to no avail.
Sucks to be me.
But if anybody has a tip for me, I would be forever gratefull.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: No subject Aug 18, 2005, 08:47 Buckermann

I own a SNES and a Genesis, only for the two Shadowrun games. If MS makes a Shadowrun game for the 360, I wil probably own one sometime in the future too. Untill then, I will keep my elitist attitude and regard console gamers as unwashed heathens.

News Comments > Battlestations: Midway Delay
6. Re: Original Aug 14, 2005, 15:29 Buckermann

Thanks moozilla, for enlightning me.
Yes, I see it now. BF2 is the same as Battlestations:Midway.
They both have "over 60 legendary war-machines, including huge aircraft carriers, battleships, destroyers, land and carrier based bombers and even submarines, all equipped with authentic weaponry".
They are in the same timeline too! How could I be so blind and think there is a difference between 194x and 2005. Or between small squad tactics and large battlegroups.
I must be getting old...

News Comments > MailBag!?!
7. Re: W00t! Aug 14, 2005, 15:21 Buckermann

Hail to the mailbag, Baby!

News Comments > Starship Troopers Delay & Demo Dates
9. Re: Cooperative Aug 11, 2005, 05:40 Buckermann

If you try hard enough, you can see in almost every movie a "message". In the same way you could say that Showgirls (also by Verhoeven) is about the exploitation of females in a male dominated showbiz industry.
And even if Verhoeven really had the intention to show the drawbacks of fascism and a society that lifts soldiers above all others, than this doesn't make the movie suddenly "good". It's still a bad movie, with incompetent actors and bad dialogue.
That said, I still found the last 2/3 of the movie entertaining

News Comments > Scooter War3z Demo
9. Re: No subject Aug 1, 2005, 15:07 Buckermann

Vespas? Never heard of that.
Or do you mean V3spas?

News Comments > BF2 Community Update
8. How much? Jul 30, 2005, 06:13 Buckermann

That said, we are currently deploying and testing a new service that will return some of this functionality to our dedicated players and we intend to provide this tool (along with guidelines for use of the service) very soon.
Somehow, don't ask me why, I have the feeling that this will cost money too...

We again ask for the community's patience, as our goal with the Editor is to provide the most stable, complete toolset possible.
It's a shame that they don't follow this philosophy for their games.

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 06:17.

News Comments > Take-Two on FTC Probe
7. Re: No subject Jul 26, 2005, 23:22 Buckermann

The Company cooperated with a recently concluded Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) investigation into this matter and has taken decisive and immediate corrective action.
But only after they lied and told everybody that the 3v1l h4><orz added all the disputed content.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Longhorn significantly faster than Windo Jul 22, 2005, 08:42 Buckermann

Again?
Upon my first installation of Windows XP I noticed the message that XP is/was the fastest Windows ever available. To my utter surprise (ok, I'm lying), this wasn't true. For some reasons (old games mostly) I installed Win98 on the same PC.
While Win98 wasn't that much faster to boot (before any optimization to any of the two OSs), maybe 10%-20%, Win XP certainly needed more time to boot.
I admit that the "speed" of a OS can't be only measured in the time it needs to boot, but for me this is a important factor.

This comment was edited on Jul 22, 08:44.

News Comments > Game Guidance
2. Re: NOT a sequel Jul 21, 2005, 13:03 Buckermann

I really hope the improve the diplomacy AI with this expansion. For me this was (or better is) the biggest problem with R:TW. Other than that, and at least for me, it's a great game.

edit:typo

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 13:05.

News Comments > New ForceWare Beta
12. Re: new drivers Jul 21, 2005, 10:41 Buckermann

Yes, pre 60.xx version driver probably won't work with Pci-e card. And I'm even not sure that any driver before 70.xx will work.
That's the price you have to pay if you insist on bleeding edge tech

News Comments > New ForceWare Beta
10. Re: new drivers Jul 21, 2005, 08:09 Buckermann

I keep the 44.03 (May 2003) Driver around for "older" games. Mostly for Silent Storm and Morrowind.
Can be found here:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html

News Comments > Pariah Patch
11. Re: Virus in the downloaded file Jul 20, 2005, 07:34 Buckermann

Looks like the above post is a spammer. Only this one post, and in his profile his homepage is set to the same url as mentioned above. I hate this kind of spam.
Please kill him quick, Blue. Before this kind of disease spreads like a wildfire.

This comment was edited on Jul 20, 07:34.

News Comments > Dragonshard MP Demo Soon
10. Re: No subject Jul 12, 2005, 05:10 Buckermann

I'm not a man, I'm a number! Number seven to be exact...
I'll either wait for a SP demo or the "extended" demo before I'll buy this.
Well Xero, my friend, it looks like this makes you the weirdo

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Music Buyers are Going Legit Jun 22, 2005, 03:36 Buckermann

Siward,
It's not that easy. When you buy your crack from a dealer, does the simple act of exchanging money for goods make it legal?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
63. Re: HELP Jun 12, 2005, 07:02 Buckermann

A quick Google search showed this:
http://www.softwarepatch.com/tips/howto-delete-xp.html
Still no luck? OK, here is the best trick of all. Most sites give you cryptic Windows registry and DOS commands to remove a file, but the answer is so much simpler. Get a copy of MoveOnBoot (http://www.softwarepatch.com/software/moveonboot.html). It's free and this simple tool allows you to Move, Copy or Delete files before Windows can lock or alter the files. The changes are made to your hard drive before Windows starts, hence it requires a restart of your system after you give MoveOnBoot its instructions. There are no messy boot or DOS commands, just a simple 3-step process.

Step 1: Locate the name of the file that is causing your problems.

Step 2: Decide if you want to copy, move or delete the file.

Step 3. Choose a destination for moving the file, or a new file name for the rename option (this option won't appear if you are deleting a file).

Click OK to confirm you want to process. The nice thing is that the program doesn't make you reboot straight away. It's a good idea to reboot ASAP, but if you are in the middle of something and want to wait, the program will simply run next time you start Windows.

321 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo