Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for TangledThorns

Real Name TangledThorns   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 16, 2002, 18:56
Total Comments 1068 (Pro)
User ID 15532

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > The Phantom Menace?
21. Re: VC is peanuts, this is a joke. Jul 10, 2003, 23:25 TangledThorns

You should stop thinking about how things have been done in the past and start thinking about how things will be done in the future.

I think the Phantom is exactly what the computer games industry needs. All recently made consoles are exactly the same as each other. This is something to get excited about at last.
Start thinking globally not locally!!

OMG, this person sounds like one of my company's ditsy PR reps. Nice try, we're on to you. In fact, I think I should send the FTC a healthy email about these guys. What they're trying to do infeasible and looks like a total rip-off to their investors.

edit: I clicked on the jackass's name and look, he/she just joined today and has 4 posts in the Infinium (crap) chat. Again, nice try. Hope you guys like your jail cell.
This comment was edited on Jul 10, 23:28.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Phantom Menace?
4. Burn Baby Burn! Jul 10, 2003, 20:45 TangledThorns

I'm sorry guys but I really have no faith that this machine will ever see light of day. I do see it as a scam that the CEO is try to milk money from investors who don't know what they are doing. If this was being built by a large well known company like Pioneer or even Apple then I might believe it. Otherwise I think the FTC should investigate this company soon.

My GrandDaddy had an old saying.

'When you owe the bank a million dollars, you're screwed.'

'But if you owe the bank $50 million dollars, the bank is screwed.'

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 20:45.

News Comments > T3: War of the Machines Website
19. Re: No subject Jul 10, 2003, 19:22 TangledThorns

i just picked up a copy of T1 the movie and I think i'm going to watch it tonight aaah memories

The first T1 is such an 80s film with its setting, music and fashions. Everybody dancing to pop music in the Tech Noir. Sarah Connor's big haired roommate. The synth chase music. Man, its like The Valley Girl meets hard-core sci-fi. Good thing there were no break dancing scenes.

16. Re: No subject Jul 10, 2003, 18:41 TangledThorns

Anyone remember the orginal Terminator game for the PC? You got to run around LA freely and could steal cars and drive them around.

I remember that game, it was from Bethesda Softworks and I could barely run it on my Dad's old ass 286 Epson Equity 2. I'm not even sure it was a 286 but I wanted to play it so badly. I tried and tried to make it work but it would constantly crash Was anybody here ever able to get it to work?

edit: found a link

http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/gameId=1778

Another with a screenshot:

http://www.gamesdomain.com/gdreview/depart/mar02/remade.html

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 18:55.

3. Re: No subject Jul 10, 2003, 11:08 TangledThorns

I won't keep my expectations high but I do hope it comes out well.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Floppy Copy Jul 4, 2003, 13:22 TangledThorns

Media of the Day: Don't Copy that Floppy. Thanks Draco.

I'll never copy a floppy ever again. They didn't say anything about discs though, suckas!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

News Comments > Tron 2.0 Demo
25. Re: No subject Jun 30, 2003, 22:22 TangledThorns

Hmm, disappointment I must say... I just hope the SP is better.

News Comments > Warcraft III Patch
13. Re: NERF or Nothing! Jun 30, 2003, 20:21 TangledThorns

I was perfectly clear. I'm just saying the game has lost almost all strategy. Just build a mass army of one unit and it can be anything really but lately its been air units. Ugh, not very fun. Also, I bounce between levels 10-15 on 2v2. Can't always get good allies and I hate to coach but I love 2v2 games since they last longer. You play a 1v1 and own the other guy and he quits early. Not very fun IMO.

11. Re: No subject Jun 30, 2003, 20:15 TangledThorns

this demo sucks....ass

Ok, can we get a review from someone with brain cells plz?

7. Re: I hope it is a fun demo! Jun 30, 2003, 19:45 TangledThorns

Wow, I hope it rocks. Please dont disappoint...

10. Re: NERF or Nothing! Jun 30, 2003, 18:02 TangledThorns

Ok, I was hoping other WC3 players (note beta) would respond but here goes. Before, you couldn't really win a game with one unit, it took a combo with heroes normally. So now there is no real strategy, just build a bunch of certain units and rush. The patch is a prelude to Frozen Throne and thats why I may not buy it. Cool features but ruined strategies.

I do play and win but I don't like how I win. I prefer combos over mass units of one type. Oh well, Homeworld 2 coming soon. Yay!

8. Re: NERF or Nothing! Jun 30, 2003, 17:38 TangledThorns

LOL, you should think before you type. You were a tester so obviously you adjusted into the patch as the changes were slowly moving on. Imagine if it all were sudden? Think next time please.

6. Re: NERF or Nothing! Jun 30, 2003, 16:56 TangledThorns

Um, idiot? Most of the changes were cosmetic/functional rather than balance related. The game is relatively balanced (it is my opinion that humans are too strong by a bit) right now.

Um, n00b? You just verified what I wrote. Play some more, you'll find it more out of whack.

1. NERF or Nothing! Jun 30, 2003, 16:30 TangledThorns

WTFG Blizzard! You nerfed the shit out of a perfectly good game. Ugh. It was so well balanced now its in complete whack. After this patch, I may not get Frozen Throne.

News Comments > Epic Chat
1. Unreal eh? Jun 29, 2003, 13:45 TangledThorns

NVIDIA $1,000,000 Make Something Unreal

I thought that 5800 was some Unreal crap. Can I get the one million plz?

News Comments > On The Galaxies Launch
31. Re: consider this thread hijacked!!! Jun 27, 2003, 15:38 TangledThorns

Oghr's new album comes out next week? Man, time flies, it seems like yesterday that is was still months and months out... And I still haven't even gotten around to picking up Front242's new one yet.

HEADHUNTER! Front 242 is just plain awesome! Best Industrial band ever.

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies Launches
74. Who to Blame? Jun 26, 2003, 21:31 TangledThorns

I don't really blame Lucasarts for this but SOE. But its all about the Benjamins and even more terribly bad MMORPGs are on the way.

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies Launches
53. Head-Ache Jun 26, 2003, 17:37 TangledThorns

The problems with MMORPGs is not really with the games but the internet as a whole. Its based on a 30 year architecure and it'll take more than just faster pipes to make it all work. MIT and others are working on new ways that data is packetized so people can download faster. Meaning, someday you can download full movies in seconds instead of hours.

News Comments > Xbox 2 in 2006?
9. Re: Evil Empire Jun 19, 2003, 23:23 TangledThorns

Who cares, everyone knows that the Infinium Phantom console will rule them all.

http://www.infiniumlabs.com/

LOL, I just signed up for the beta. It'd be a interesting console if it works.

News Comments > Xbox 2 in 2006?
2. New Tech Jun 19, 2003, 22:42 TangledThorns

I'm just curious as to the new tech that will be going into the new consoles. I think it would be smart if they continued to add features like the DVD, HDD, ethernet and others like DVR. As for Nintendo, I'm not expecting much from them except more arrogance.

1068 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo