Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shane

Real Name Shane   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Enahs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description gmail.com @ shanezsullivan
"You better take some vitamins and try harder."
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 13, 2002, 15:25
Total Comments 7853 (Guru)
User ID 15513

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2012, 16:55 Enahs

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 16:39:
Cutter wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 15:17:
It's Labour Day in Canada. Shame on you, Mash!
Bah I live within 150km of the US border. That whole "our/or" thing is interchangeable, it's why you can buy everything in two standards of measurement here still, and why grocery stores sell everything double stamped in lbs/kg, L/oz/Gal. Never mind that every digital thermometer they sell here comes in dual setting mode still. Hah.

That is how it is at the very bottom of the United State, to the middle, to everywhere.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2012, 15:16 Enahs

It is official. I am now old. I bought a nose hair trimmer today.

Am I still allowed to play video games? Because I just reinstalled all HL2 to replay it and get ready for the Black Mesa mod!

I have not posted much in the past few years, but I do check out the site all the time. Hell, I visited this site when I was a teenager and now I am in my 30's damn it. Good job Blue, keep up the good work!

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 28, 2012, 09:16 Enahs

nin wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 19:32:
I'm pretty sure nin will be raring everything with encryption, no matter what it is.

Haven't you seen any TV shows? All it takes is a montage to get past encryption.

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
21. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 25, 2012, 10:57 Enahs

Most of you do not seem to understand what the vast majority of people use computers for. Simple stuff. Web browsing, Word. Gaming for the masses are simple games ala Angry Birds. The vast majority of people just want their computer to work, and be easy to use.

That is what Windows 8 is. The small minority of internet nerds and journalists (relative to the major population) use the computer completely different then what the majority of the planet uses.

Microsoft IS giving the average consumer what they want and what they need. You still have the ability to run 'legacy' software, and continue to make more complicated fancy software. So non typical users can still do what they want. Yes, there might be a change in interface going from one to the other. But at some point, you just have to decide to make a change and give people time to come to accept it.

There is a ton of negativity towards Windows 8 on the internet. And while most of it are totally valid points, they are irrelevant to the majority of users.

And if Windows 8 makes my mom stop asking me for some much help with her computer, then Windows 8 is successful in my book.

- W. C. Fields

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2012, 20:21 Enahs

Cutter wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 16:44:

Grim Fandango, Outlaws, Jedi Academy, Xwing vs. Tie Fighter, Full Throttle, Day of the Testicle, et al. All stuff they can could be capitalizing on but they insist on putting out complete and utter shite.

That would be Day Of The Tentacle.

Day of the Testicle is what you do on Sunday Afternoon.

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Stardock Sues Ex-Employee for $1M
4. Re: Stardock Sues Ex-Employee for $1M Aug 16, 2012, 10:59 Enahs

Creston wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 10:39:
Right, so Elemental was a PoS because you lost all your marketing data? Ooookaaay.

Look, if she deleted shit and stole a company laptop, sue her ass off. But don't try to blame your pisspoor alpha-state game on your fucking marketing manager.

Creston

Seeing as this is not a press release, but some group digging into court documents, I would sat they are not doing such a thing.

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Free Mass Effect 3 DLC Next Week
9. Re: Free Mass Effect 3 DLC Next Week Jul 11, 2012, 19:16 Enahs

The last update did add a new game mode. Collecting special items and bringing them back to your extraction point.

I enjoy it a lot.

I admit, it is repetitive. But the truth of the matter, in any MP shooter game, it is repetitive.

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Jul 10, 2012, 22:41 Enahs

PA is the most overrated thing on the internet anyway.

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re:Yoga teacher fired over cell phone ban at Facebook. Jul 10, 2012, 22:40 Enahs

In its termination notice, the company suggested the Facebook incident was part of a pattern of strict behavior on Van Ness' part; she had previously asked a Cisco employee not to take photographs of the class while it was in session.

Really? That is a pattern of strict behavior? Asking somebody not to take pictures during a Yago class. As a fellow student, I would be annoyed if some random person was taking pictures of me in an awkward position.

Everything about that comment is just stupid!

- W. C. Fields

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2012, 13:34 Enahs

Maybe you can just play really loud annoying music to drown out the sound of the fireworkers to her.

She might still be unhappy, and hate you, but at least she might not be scared!

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Tuesday
33. Re: Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Tuesday Jun 23, 2012, 18:02 Enahs

NegaDeath wrote on Jun 23, 2012, 17:50:

But if you want to talk technical your estimation of the speed of FTL in the mass effect universe is incredibly far off.

How is it far off? It is spot on.

Average stellar distance in Milkyway Galaxy = 3.5 light years.
It takes your ship less then 2 seconds to get from one star system to another in the game (I timed it). So, lets be fair and even say it takes you 3.5 seconds (over estimation).

That means you are traveling 1 light year per second.
The Milkyway galaxy is 100,000 light years in diameter approximately. At a speed of 1 light year per second:
100,000 light years / 1 light year per second = 100,000 seconds.
100,000 seconds / 60 seconds per minute / 60 minutes per hour = 27.77 hours.

Again, that is over estimation of the time. And again, even if I was off by a factor of 10, 277.7 hours is only 11.58 days. No very long.
Even if I am off by a factor of 100, 115.8 days, not very long.
Even if I am off by a factor of 1000, 1158 days; pretty damn short amount of time to get all the way across the galaxy to be honest.

- W. C. Fields

30. Re: Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Tuesday Jun 23, 2012, 14:34 Enahs

Dades wrote on Jun 23, 2012, 12:12:
"My opinion can't be wrong because its my opinion but you guys are wrong because only I understand the subtle genius at work here". Ok, have a good weekend then.

No. I clearly said your opinion was valid. But the technical reasons for trying to justify your opinion is what I said were invalid, not your overall opinion. Very big difference.

- W. C. Fields

26. Re: Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Tuesday Jun 23, 2012, 12:02 Enahs

Dades wrote on Jun 23, 2012, 11:59:
Opinions can be wrong. Your opinion fails to take into account basic continuity errors in the ending, the lack of proper exposition and introduction for NPCs that appear in the third game and logical flaws in the plot itself. You just seem fixated on whether or not they allowed sufficient choice between the series themes (Paragon, Renegade, Neutral) when that is far from the only problem with the ending. No one is mad because they didn't tell a good story, it's a series of interconnected problems.

The ending has been torn down in several dozen videos and posts already so I don't feel the need to type up 1000 words doing it. If you enjoyed well great, you're one of the few, be satisfied.

There aren't any continuity errors though, that is the thing. And all the tearing down videos and post have had actual technical flaws, or missed the subtle information in the game.

But again, it is still ok if "you" do not like the ending, despite being wrong about not actually knowing what is going on. It is still an opinion.

- W. C. Fields

24. Re: Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Tuesday Jun 23, 2012, 11:15 Enahs

Flatline wrote on Jun 23, 2012, 11:08:
Enahs wrote on Jun 23, 2012, 11:01:
This is what I said a while back about the ME3 ending, and I stick to it:
Why Enahs thinks you are all to simple minded to actually get the ending....! :)

Too bad you're wrong. The ending was shit writing. It'd fail a freshman college composition course. It'd probably fail a high school composition course.

Except the very first thing I said was it was just opinions and no right or wrong Just like how I actually like to eat broccoli, and you might not, does not make you or me wrong :).

- W. C. Fields

21. Re: Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Tuesday Jun 23, 2012, 11:01 Enahs

This is what I said a while back about the ME3 ending, and I stick to it:
Why Enahs thinks you are all to simple minded to actually get the ending....! :)

- W. C. Fields

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 21, 2012, 11:01 Enahs

Yes, properly built houses and neighborhood planning can save so much cost in energy and pollution.

Just how the housing faces and where the windows are located makes a HUGE difference, let a lone proper insulation and airflow....

- W. C. Fields

7. Mass Effect 3 ending May 1, 2012, 21:57 Enahs

Ok, so, here is my response to everybody bitching about the ME3 ending.
I know it is passionate to many people.

I am NOT saying you are wrong for not liking it. It is an opinion. I just wish people would admit that; and not write all these long articles about why it is technically wrong; when it is just their opinion. ALL of the reasons I have seen posted about why the ending is so horrible are just flat out technically wrong and completely illogical fallacies.

Note. HUGE SPOILER WARNINGS!!!! Also note, I wrote this on my phone while pooing, so please forgive its roughness!

I enjoyed the series immensely. And I am not in anyway affiliated with the makers. But I just wanted to state my opinion on the ending, and counter all this, in my opinion, undeserved and unwarranted negativity.

I will first say, that the ending is NOT great, but it is not horrible as everyone is making out. The worst part and biggest insult about the ending was the horrible voice acting at in the cut scene after the credits.

On to the actual ending.
The game is about making choices, yes. But the choices you make throughout the game are about how you experience the universe, not about how the game ends. Your choices are to get you to your goal (stopping the Reapers). If you romanced Li'ara or recruited the Elcor into your battle armada, that is irrelevant to the end, why on earth would anybody expect that to make a difference? It is only how you experience the universe. You had ONE goal from the beginning of the game, stop the Reapers. You knew from the first game that ultimately you would get there.

Throughout the series you learn that there is a galactic cycle of destruction brought on by the Reapers. Your goal is to stop the Reapers; if you do not agree with that goal then you can not play the game!
You learn how powerful the Reapers are, and you even learn and realize that even with the entire galaxy working together you are not powerful enough to stop the reapers! You learn the only way to stop the Reapers is to build a device from schematics you found. None of the brilliant scientists in your cycle are able to understand what the device does, they only build it! This device was designed by countless generations of cycles before you. The story dictates that your only hope for defeating the Reapers is this device! This device, designed over many generations of cycles; how is it even possible to have different ending then? Your choices you make throughout the game are about how you experience the universe and how you choose to get this 'all powerful' device! There is NO middle ground here, there is no legitimate way to envision you should have multiple ending based off of your choice unless you completely ignore all the major aspects of the story! If you do that, then why play the series?

But, brilliantly, you do have three choices in the end! You do have the Paragon and Renegade choice, and some other choice in between. This confuses many people that just can not comprehend ideas I guess, and since these choices are not color coded, they do not realize they have the choice. Further, people are too locked into certain ideals, and do not understand what the actual choices in the end are.

The twist ending is that, throughout ME3 you are trying to stop the evil Illusive Man, who ultimately wants to control the Reapers. But of your three final choices in the end, controlling the Reapers IS the Paragon choice! By taking control of the Reapers you can stop the cycle, make them leave the Galaxy alone. After that choice, the entire rest of the galaxy is left to their own devices. No more interference with evolution, no forcing choices on other societies, they do from that point whatever they choose. Just because the Illusive Man wanted to control the Reapers, does not mean the only reason to control them is for evil purposes. You can use a hammer for building a house or killing somebody; it is ultimately your intent and actions with those tools that dictates what happens, not just that the “bad guy” and “good guy” both can control the tool!

The Renegade ending is destroying the Reapers; what you have been trying to do the whole time! If you decide that they HAVE to be killed right away, you must take out all synthetic life with them. This is clearly the renegade ending. This powerful device that was designed by many generations before you, and that nobody in your cycle has the knowledge to understand; you have to accept that as a consequence. It can not be a magic device that turns the reapers into candy canes! It does what it was designed to do, and not designed by you! You came to the conclusion through the series that this was the only way to stop the Reapers! Why would the designers of this device through numerous cycles be able to predict that you, Shepard, had found the magic wand of wizardry and completely change what the device does? It makes no sense to expect this device to be able to do anything other then its intended goal?

Then there is this weird hybrid between the two. That one is just silly and should be left out, leave just the Paragon and Renegade ending. I like to pretend that ending does not exist.

There is then the complaint that the Mass Relays are destroyed. This is a GOOD thing, and actually forces you into a Paragon ending no-matter what choice you make. It is often said that when the Mass Effect Relays are destroyed, this huge fleet is trapped in Earths solar system. Hello? You are flying around the galaxy and exploring solar systems with your FTL drive. FTL stands for Faster Then Light! And lets get technical about this. The “average” distance of stars in the milky-way are 3.5 light years apart. When you are traveling from star to star throughout the entire game, you are traveling from one star system to the next in a matter of seconds. You are on average traveling 1 light year in 1 sec! Thus, it would take ~28 hours to travel across the entire galaxy if you did not have to stop for fuel! Ok, so lets say I have speed off by a factor of 10, perhaps the star systems you explore in the game are 10x closer then “average”. If that is the case, you are moving 10 times slower then I just stated, and baring not stopping for fuel, you could cross the entire galaxy in ~12 days. This is hardly stranded.

How is this forcing a Paragon ending? Now the galaxy is forced to use technology they understand; this has huge implications on evolution. If you are just magically given technology and advanced hundreds of thousands of years in technological evolution, but do not progress in that time in cultural evolution; your evolutionary tract is being dictated. It is explicitly stated in ME2 that the Mass Effect Relays are their to dictate how the societies of the galaxy evolve. Eliminating them eliminates this factor.

It also greatly favors peace over war. With the Mass Effect Relays, travel over great distance is resource free. Want to wage war? Load up ships with troops, and they are nearly instantly ready for battle. If you have to travel for longer periods of time, and account for resources such as fuel, food, and water; war is not as viable as an option. Having to really work and pay for everything (i.e. no Relays) makes war a much more impractical option. You are in many ways forcing ideals towards peace on the galaxy no matter what you choose! But this SO often repeated idea that you are stranding all these people in the Sol system is just laughable! “You” clearly have not been paying attention to the game you have been playing then!!!!!

As far as the god child, it is clearly an ascended being and your mind has to interpret it as a energy child. Just as how you had to interpret the Geth collective as how one can understand the collective. This is a tenant of almost all science fiction. If you are not happy with it, fine, great. But trying to take it so literally means you clearly were not paying attention to the story, universe and how perception of things really matters!

Just my 2 cents. But yeah, the voice acting of the very final cut-scene was just horrendous!

This comment was edited on May 1, 2012, 22:04.

- W. C. Fields

35. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 21:17 Enahs

Rigs wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 21:01:
And sadly, the world is still full of prejudice and stereotypes too. The "south" is always stereotyped like this, and people not from the south always say these type of things. But it just is fun to laugh at because all it really says is that "I am a racists ignorant person!"; because really you have clue what people in the "south" or like. Nor do you actually have any tolerance for different people.

You say you've lived 'all over' but I really wonder if you've spent a good amount of time down here. If you had, and actually gone out into the public and hung out with some of the 'locals', you'd be saying different. Ok, I'm from the north, I don't like the south (for various reasons) but damn. I'm not the only one saying these things. My ex-wife was born in FL and lived here until we moved to NJ in 2000. Even she realizes most of the people, especially in our part of FL are straight-out Jeff Foxworthy uh, worthy rednecks. I've seen most of the shit he jokes about here. I didn't have to go to Kentucky (where my ex is now, ironically enough) or Tennessee or Alabama to witness couches in the front lawn, 20 cars in the backyard (or one big ass boat in the backyard of my friends ex-husband, one that he would go on every weekend and 'sail'...no shit), the questionable lineage of some family members...I've seen it ALL. For you to tell me it's a stereotype...well, no shit, YEAH, of course it is, because it's fuckin' true!

I realize I'm never going to convince you otherwise and I'm not gonna argue about it either. It's pointless. I just wanted to have some fun with the little miscreant. You're of course entitled to your opinion. I know what goes on around here, whether it's PC to say as much, I really don't care. I've seen it and that's all that matters. You want proof, I'd be more than happy to show you...

=-Rigs-=

I do not need proof. I was born in Alabama, raised there and in Arkansas. But just because there are difference cultures does not mean they are inferior. I never said you are not allowed to not like them or have your opinions. But the attitude that they are inferior because they are different and because you said so is just appalling.

Many Arabic and Islamic men hold hands in public to show friendship and support. It is different, and weird, and I would not do it. But that does not make me a better person or make them inferior to me because they do such. I actually have tolerance for other cultures. You can keep telling me all you want that men holding hands is wrong and a sign of stupidity (like popular media does with southerns). But that will not make it true. Nor am I weak minded enough to not see silly prejudices from other people (even when they can not) and allow it to make me prejudice or think some group of people are inferior in someway.

And the idea that everybody is as an "extreme" redneck as you say, and only those people exist. Well, you are deluding your self with what you have seen, and only choosing to see or remember the extremes of the stereotype you were taught by popular media to consider inferior.

I have lived all over the US now and am constantly visiting for work the major cities on the east cost and west cost. I see more racism there from people towards other people in one day then I would see in an entire year living all over the south. From small tiny towns in the south to the larger cities in the south. Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee.

- W. C. Fields

32. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 20:21 Enahs

Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 18:54:
Rigs wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 18:19:
maleitch wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 15:24:
I am sure most of your neighbors will be happy to see another douchebag, carpetbagging NY'r go back, but you never seem to. In fact the older you tools get the more you migrate down here? Do us all a favor and keep your pasty asses back "home".

Oh my god, that's funny...you proved, with every jackass thing you said (and how) why I will never consider this my home. You want it, you can have it! By all means. You want the barefoot and pregnant 17 year olds, you can have them. You want the slow ass retirees, you can have them. You want the (stupid as fuck) rednecks with their muddin' and couch in the front lawn and their single-wide trailers where ALL of your family lives, YOU CAN HAVE IT! If I could go home, I'd be there - IN A HEARTBEAT. You proved why Blue shouldn't come down to the south better than I ever could. You can go back to humpin' the dog, or your sister, or whatever it is you guys in these woods do to pass the time...

Edit: And just for the record, most of my neighbors (and most of the people who live in FL) are from the north...dumbass...

=-Rigs-=

Sadly those types of people exist everywhere.

And sadly, the world is still full of prejudice and stereotypes too. The "south" is always stereotyped like this, and people not from the south always say these type of things. But it just is fun to laugh at because all it really says is that "I am a racists ignorant person!"; because really you have clue what people in the "south" or like. Nor do you actually have any tolerance for different people.

I have lived all over now, and while yes there are quite a few serious white supremacists racists people in the south. By far and large, "northerners" and west coast, and Midwest people are FAR more racists. It is only anecdotal evidence. But I have about 200 black and foreign friends and coworkers that can attest for that.

I mean heck, just look at this map: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d0/New_2000_black_percent.gif

At least we allow black people to live with us. You can say you are not racists all you want, but that map really says other wise.

All that said, I do not think non southerns are bad, or actually meanly racists, etc. Nor do I want to sterotype. I just think most people all over are to stupid and afraid to admit the difference in people, and it is easier to point at other people and say they are racists then to admit to themselves they have very little experience with other races. And it is really hard for people to accept other culture.

For instance, I think NASCAR is the stupidest thing in the world. But just because I do not like it does not mean the people that like it are bad. And sterotyping of NASCAR fans as stupid; well, the people working for NASCAR are some of the smartest scientists and engineers in the world, FYI. You would be shocked how many former NASA JPL scientists work for NASCAR companies now, or how many leave NASCAR for NASA JPL and other similar places.

- W. C. Fields

31. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 20:13 Enahs

All the random talk about locations and the south!
Move to the South, you should!

I am sorry, but everybody in the entire world agrees (except those from the North) that BBQ in the south is the best in the world. And that BBQ in the north just sucks.

Sorry, that is just how it is. Just because you are accustomed to eating shitty BBQ does not make it good. But when the entire rest of the world agrees, clearly you are wrong!

- W. C. Fields

7853 Comments. 393 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo