Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shane

Real Name Shane   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Enahs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description gmail.com @ shanezsullivan
"You better take some vitamins and try harder."
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 13, 2002, 15:25
Total Comments 7847 (Guru)
User ID 15513

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve Confirms New Engine?
2. Re: Valve Confirms New Engine? Nov 12, 2012, 10:14 Enahs

Maybe this is the reason HL3 is taking so long?! They needed a new engine to do the awesome new game-play they thought up?!

I could always hope...

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
73. Re: How Videos Go Viral Nov 6, 2012, 17:43 Enahs

I voted Ned Land, we need a good harpoonists to get this country back on course!

Although, he is Canadian, so that might have been a waste of a vote in retrospect.

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 1, 2012, 19:17 Enahs

Actually, there are some other things besides the new interface.

On the background, Windows now has Kernal timing clock cycle savings ability linux had like 10 years ago (or something) and Mac has since 2007.

It also has some memory saving features, that again, Linux had for a while now.

So it is significantly more efficient on memory and power.
For a super computer, you will not notice it; and yes it does benefit tablets more then anything; but it does help out regular laptops as well. And in general, making anything more efficient is good!

There are a lot of other behind the scene features upgraded, that other OSs have had for a while now. Again, they do not make a major different on powerful PCs; but, again, efficiency is better!

It is a substantial improvement in the OS, that will not actually have any tangible benefits for a lot of people.

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 1, 2012, 07:20 Enahs

Yes, I love my NetFlix account.

There is a lot of stuff on streaming I watch; but it is not by any means everything. I also do the 1 DVD out at a time for modern movies.

It is really just the other companies. They all want to compete with NetFlix on streaming content, so make it prohibitively expensive for NetFlix to do streaming; meanwhile they do not yet have their service available.

And I am not sure why CEOs of 100 different media companies thinks it is a good idea to have 100 different sources for streaming content...

More then one is good for the consumer, but too many is just silly.

- W. C. Fields

54. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 14:09 Enahs

nin wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 09:34:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 09:33:
wtf_man wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 09:31:
Good Luck and Best Wishes. I hope the inconveniences are remediated as soon as possible.

He never tells us what he plays other than Guitar Hero - but hopefully he has a generator hooked up to his gaming rig and can catchup a bit!

Be glad it isn't the "nin FREEZEOUT OF 2010!" HAHAHAHAHAHAH

He doesn't show logged into steam in months. We might need an intervention, once the power returns.

I am on Steam all the time, I just rarely have it login to the social crap.

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
7. Re: Internet Speed In United States Lags Behind Many Countries, Highlighting Global Digital Divide. Oct 21, 2012, 22:19 Enahs

Tom wrote on Oct 21, 2012, 21:58:
Bhruic wrote on Oct 21, 2012, 21:16:
Population density of South Korea: 503 pop/km^2
Population density of the US: 34 pop/km^2

This is not an acceptable excuse.

But it is. Just like it is why, in general, public transportation is no useful in the US except for a few cities, where it is very useful in other countries.

Ireland, according to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quality-of-life_index), is at the top of the quality of life index for 2005 data. Much higher then the US or South Korea.

Where is there population density is 65pop/km^2 (wikipedia again), and they have a broad band internet access penetration rate of ~30% (http://www.comreg.ie/_fileupload/publications/ComReg09101.pdf)

Population density is really the only major significant difference in which sets highly developed countries apart.

And it plays a critical role in everything, from transportation, energy, cost, technology, etc.

I.E. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e7/Ch3e3d.png broadband internet access is readily available to those that live in the larger population density. But it is really easy to skew averages down.

- W. C. Fields

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2012, 19:14 Enahs

[This post intentionally left blank.]  

- W. C. Fields

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2012, 12:52 Enahs

Blue wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 12:25:
Enahs wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 15:25:
What are the odds that the deli you (the general you) go to in New York makes its own Pastrami?

I would suspect now that most places just purchase their Pastrami from some distributor; and there is nothing special about most of Pastrami in New York delis.

I'll ask the next time I'm there. I'm guessing you're wrong, but I can't say for sure.

I hope I am! Trying local varieties of stuff is just awesome. Variety is king.

I am sure there has to be some that make their own, and some that do the whole distributor thing.

You should indulge and visit as many delis as you can, and get their pastrami and ask them and compare, etc! See, research is cool!

- W. C. Fields

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2012, 17:55 Enahs

Sepharo wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 16:21:
Yeah something about a tub of cream cheese spread across a mountain fatty meat high in cholesterol just says unhealthy to me. I understand the point your making about food though. But when another choice may be turkey and mustard, pastrami and cream cheese is the unhealthier of the two, no?

Cholesterol. You need it to live. Eating cholesterol is good for your health! Eating too much is bad.

And no, just because it has less fat and calories does not make the turkey and mustard more healthier. It just means you can eat more of it to get the same calorie intake; that is all.

Of course, this is assuming one or the other is not poisoned, or contains some toxic substance, etc.

- W. C. Fields

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2012, 15:28 Enahs

Sepharo wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 14:45:
Every now and then I go to a deli around here and order what is probably the least healthy sandwich on the menu...
The New York New York: A giant grilled pastrami, chive cream cheese, red onion, lettuce, tomato, mayo on focaccia.

It's heavenly.

There is nothing unhealthy about that.

Eating food is healthy. Not eating food is unhealthy.

You need fat and protein to live. You need various vitamins and minerals. That sounds like a perfectly healthy sandwich to me.

It may be high on calories, but that does not make it unhealthy; it just makes it something you should not eat excess of.

- W. C. Fields

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2012, 15:25 Enahs

What are the odds that the deli you (the general you) go to in New York makes its own Pastrami?

I would suspect now that most places just purchase their Pastrami from some distributor; and there is nothing special about most of Pastrami in New York delis.

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Notch Knocks Win8: Minecraft Certification in Doubt
81. Re: Notch Knocks Win8: Minecraft Certification in Doubt Sep 27, 2012, 19:48 Enahs

Let us clear up a lot of ignorance (not an insult, that is not a bad word). And hopefully people, especially developers will stop being so dramatic about Windows 8.

Windows 8 does not magically make your existing Windows software not work. It works exactly the same as before. If it works in WIn7, it works in Win 8.

You do not have to get approval from Microsoft to install new software, or develop software for Windows 8. No certification required.

For the app store, which is a controlled environment, for he non power user, you have to have your application certified. This means a basic check to make sure it will function properly, and not steal all of your personal data. This is good for the average user.

This does not actually effect us that are power users and play games on our PC. We can still do it just as we have always done.

Enough with this BS made up crap for reasons to justify not wanting Windows 8. All theses complaints about "closing" the system are completely invalid. It is only adding another method of acquiring content, in a more secure and controlled manner. NOTHING is being closed down!

- W. C. Fields

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2012, 13:31 Enahs

Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 12:46:
[facepalm]

Not this jingoistic bullshit again.

Haven't enough men, women and brown people died so that your average Wal-Mart shopper is happy?

Yes, but not enough children and elderly! You should go post about those demographics you missed on some other forum and make sure everybody understands your brilliance!

- W. C. Fields

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2012, 20:14 Enahs

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 18:36:
Enahs wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 16:55:
That is how it is at the very bottom of the United State, to the middle, to everywhere.
Yeah that's only because they've been trying realllllly hard to get the US to switch to metric for the last 25 years. Just remember if they ever do, you're going to end up getting screwed over just like we did up here. 25% less product, and pay 25% more.

You pay 25% more because we like to take advantage of our neighbors. You get 25% less because people like there numbers to feel right, 763mL is just wrong.

- W. C. Fields

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2012, 16:55 Enahs

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 16:39:
Cutter wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 15:17:
It's Labour Day in Canada. Shame on you, Mash!
Bah I live within 150km of the US border. That whole "our/or" thing is interchangeable, it's why you can buy everything in two standards of measurement here still, and why grocery stores sell everything double stamped in lbs/kg, L/oz/Gal. Never mind that every digital thermometer they sell here comes in dual setting mode still. Hah.

That is how it is at the very bottom of the United State, to the middle, to everywhere.

- W. C. Fields

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2012, 15:16 Enahs

It is official. I am now old. I bought a nose hair trimmer today.

Am I still allowed to play video games? Because I just reinstalled all HL2 to replay it and get ready for the Black Mesa mod!

I have not posted much in the past few years, but I do check out the site all the time. Hell, I visited this site when I was a teenager and now I am in my 30's damn it. Good job Blue, keep up the good work!

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 28, 2012, 09:16 Enahs

nin wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 19:32:
I'm pretty sure nin will be raring everything with encryption, no matter what it is.

Haven't you seen any TV shows? All it takes is a montage to get past encryption.

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
21. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 25, 2012, 10:57 Enahs

Most of you do not seem to understand what the vast majority of people use computers for. Simple stuff. Web browsing, Word. Gaming for the masses are simple games ala Angry Birds. The vast majority of people just want their computer to work, and be easy to use.

That is what Windows 8 is. The small minority of internet nerds and journalists (relative to the major population) use the computer completely different then what the majority of the planet uses.

Microsoft IS giving the average consumer what they want and what they need. You still have the ability to run 'legacy' software, and continue to make more complicated fancy software. So non typical users can still do what they want. Yes, there might be a change in interface going from one to the other. But at some point, you just have to decide to make a change and give people time to come to accept it.

There is a ton of negativity towards Windows 8 on the internet. And while most of it are totally valid points, they are irrelevant to the majority of users.

And if Windows 8 makes my mom stop asking me for some much help with her computer, then Windows 8 is successful in my book.

- W. C. Fields

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2012, 20:21 Enahs

Cutter wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 16:44:

Grim Fandango, Outlaws, Jedi Academy, Xwing vs. Tie Fighter, Full Throttle, Day of the Testicle, et al. All stuff they can could be capitalizing on but they insist on putting out complete and utter shite.

That would be Day Of The Tentacle.

Day of the Testicle is what you do on Sunday Afternoon.

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Stardock Sues Ex-Employee for $1M
4. Re: Stardock Sues Ex-Employee for $1M Aug 16, 2012, 10:59 Enahs

Creston wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 10:39:
Right, so Elemental was a PoS because you lost all your marketing data? Ooookaaay.

Look, if she deleted shit and stole a company laptop, sue her ass off. But don't try to blame your pisspoor alpha-state game on your fucking marketing manager.

Creston

Seeing as this is not a press release, but some group digging into court documents, I would sat they are not doing such a thing.

- W. C. Fields

7847 Comments. 393 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo