Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shane

Real Name Shane   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Enahs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description gmail.com @ shanezsullivan
"You better take some vitamins and try harder."
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 13, 2002, 15:25
Total Comments 7847 (Guru)
User ID 15513

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2010, 13:08 Enahs

I have been using the internet since 1996. I have never once gotten a virus. I do not have real time protection running, it is a stupid waste of resources. I load up various different free antivirus and anti malweare shits once a month, update and check, and then close down all there damn services and shit when I am done.

I leave my laptop connected to an open network on campus with 10,000+ users a day.

Seriously, how the fuck do people get infected?

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Blowout
7. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Blowout May 5, 2010, 12:43 Enahs

Last Sunday I finally ordered all the expansions for Fallout 3. I looking forward to going back and replaying it with all the new content. Really is a fantastic game. It is not perfect, but it is still a great game.

- W. C. Fields

12. Re: Gulf Oil Spill May 3, 2010, 19:19 Enahs

kxmode wrote on May 3, 2010, 19:12:
Rigs wrote on May 3, 2010, 17:53:
Ugh, I spent three hours today stuck in traffic with a broken A/C (keep in mind I live in West Central Florida, which today had a high of 99)and the radio stuck on the local talk network, which around noon, of course, has the All Mighty El RushBo!

Never trust someone who makes 400M dollars.

Maybe trust them for financial advice.

- W. C. Fields

11. Re: Gulf Oil Spill May 3, 2010, 19:18 Enahs

the REALITY is that it's always the democrats who clean up republican messes.

I wish I lived in your world. Where things are not big complicated systems. And that the problems we face now are only caused by the directly previous administration. Not the complicated global, multi decade problems (and solutions) currently caused by everybody of every race, gender, ethnicity and political affiliation. Sure would be nice to live in that world. But I can't live in that world.

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > StarCraft II in July
9. Re: SC2 Beta Key May 3, 2010, 19:12 Enahs

My birthday is July 28th. I know what somebody is getting me for my birthday! How convenient.

- W. C. Fields

20. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2010, 00:16 Enahs

When you get it let me know and I will hook you up with the major tweaks and configs. I would email me.

I recommend you get one of these.
Gadget Shield

If you want to get a big bulky case and put around it like everybody does with the iPhone, go for it. But I hate that shit. I want my phone to look clean and not be any bigger the it is.

But this is basically a clear sticker that goes all over the phone to keep it from getting scratched and keep it looking as good as new. Really hard to put on correct, but when you do it looks great. And I am not very friendly to my phones and it still looks brand new thanks to this guy.

This comment was edited on May 2, 2010, 00:23.

- W. C. Fields

17. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2010, 13:32 Enahs

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 1, 2010, 11:55:
Thanks Enahs...I like the windows phone...

I am going to go hands on with tilt2, android, and bb 9700 today at the store....see what fits my fancy. Can't find android online, 9700 is 150.00 online with extension (was 50 last week), and tilt2 is 50.00 with extension...

So we shall see.

HTC Has awesome hardware. The Tilt 2 is great. Its flaw is that Windows Mobile and the HTC user interface (which is really nice) are not well optimized out of the box. If you just want it to work as is, it will work but not as snappy as the others. You will need to spend some time tweaking it to get it performing awesomely. Which, it is easy to do and what I like about Windows Phones, you can tweak the hell out of them.

Or instead of tweaking, you could just flash a end-user made ROM.
On systems like Tilt 2, we can even load up and run the Android OS off of the flash drive like a program (after a reset, it is back to Windows Phone).

- W. C. Fields

15. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2010, 10:14 Enahs

Touchphones are nice. If they have a FULL QWERTY keyboard as well.

http://www.htc.com/us/products/tilt-2-att

This is my phone. I personally think it is bad ass. But I am with you and not wanting to spend a bunch of money on a phone. The ATT website was screwed up, and it was giving me the pricing for extending your contract without extending your contract (I was not eligible for another year), and there was a $50 gift card too. And HTC was doing this plan where if you send them an old phone they will send you $100. So in the end it only cost me $50 plus shipping and tax.

It has am amazing screen. So much higher resolution and color depth then the iPhone. I rip dvd's (in DVD resolution, the screen si higher resolution the DVDs) all the time and throw them on a SD card and watch them wherever.

- W. C. Fields

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2010, 09:30 Enahs

Posting from my Tilt 2 which has a really nice full QWERTY keyboard. It is still much faster and easier then the swipe technology they advertise as setting the world record.

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Games Compared to Drugs (Again)
10. Re: Games Compared to Drugs (Again) Apr 28, 2010, 12:16 Enahs

Blue wrote on Apr 28, 2010, 10:44:
Warrax wrote on Apr 28, 2010, 10:38:
Addiction is addiction, it cause the same things w/e your addictions are. The main difference between drugs and video games is that playing video games has no direct impact on your health, where drugs do.

You don't hear that many stories of parents having to throw their own kids out of the house because the kids are stealing things and selling them to play video games.

It could be because kids can steal games online. And if you steal crack from a drug dealer, you will get killed and raped. And if you are lucky, in that order.

- W. C. Fields

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2010, 12:53 Enahs

Mrs.Blue must be something special to put up with you for that long Blue, cause lets face it. You are a jackhole!

Seriously, congrats!

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Safety Dance
3. Re: Safety Dance Apr 25, 2010, 11:41 Enahs

For real. Our IT guys in our department is so fucking retarded. I needed to reinstall Windows on one of the systems here. He had to do it. First, he installed WinXP PRO, did not do ANY updates, did not turn on automatic updating, etc. He installed McAfee, and it was such a POS it would not update properly. He also spent an hour trying to update the drivers for the computer and kept cussing because it was IBM and they suck, etc.

After he spent all day and got shit done, first thing I did was uninstall McAfee, install the drivers for the system, and turn on automatic updates and updated the system.....

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Crytek's Demo Doubts
23. Re: Crytek's Demo Doubts Apr 17, 2010, 15:38 Enahs

So stupid. Really. Seriously.

How is it that once people succeed they become so out of touch with reality and the real world?

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > WoW, That's an Expensive Horse
11. Re: WoW, That's an Expensive Horse Apr 15, 2010, 23:22 Enahs

Position 55729

I am not buying it. I do not play WoW.

They made over 5 million dollars today.

Love them, hate them. Whomever's idea it was to make this mount and charge that price for it, they are getting a huge bonus. The bos probably bought them a penthouse sweet with playboy models as hookers tonight.

- W. C. Fields

13. Re: Splinter Cell Activity Book for Kids Apr 13, 2010, 23:01 Enahs

kxmode wrote on Apr 13, 2010, 16:46:
I can count 11 differences:

1 orange rectangles vs red
2 male sign on bathroom door vs female
3 video camera vs none
4 Obvious ALF
5 normal flashlight beam vs lightning flash beam
6 woo-tang Clan tank top vs dull gray tank top
7 no tattoo vs tattoo
8 a pool of piss
9 hairy armpit hairs vs no armpit hairs
10 red binocular lights vs green
11 "SAM HAS HAIR" vs "SAM WAS HERE"

Can't find the 12th. Someone help me out!

The crotches are different. Maybe it is a shadow.

- W. C. Fields

26. Re: Feces Apr 12, 2010, 13:48 Enahs

No, it actually comes from the US states. And, again whose statistics you believe the state of Arkansas supplies some 80-90% of US rice production. But other states claim a lot as well. The general consensus seems to be that Arkansas alone supplies almost 50% of the world rice. But Arkansas would of course like to claim as much as possible and other countries do not want to indicate really how much they depend on the US for necessities.

- W. C. Fields

24. Re: Feces Apr 12, 2010, 12:26 Enahs

The US also provides food and crops for the entire world.

The Asian(s), China and India, could NOT support there population size without some much import of rice from America.

Over 60-75% of there rice usage comes from the US. Depending on if you believe there statistics or the US statistics.

- W. C. Fields

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2010, 22:18 Enahs

PHJF wrote on Apr 11, 2010, 22:09:
Let's all just calm down and eat some delicious, grilled hamburgers.

I ground up my own beef today and grilled some for lunch, actually! Delicious.

- W. C. Fields

15. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2010, 21:52 Enahs

Then how come they always look ill, can't lift their hands above their heads, and always have dark circles under their eyes?

Just wondering.

Are you confusing vegetarians with goths?

To those vegetarians in the thread getting all offended. You are the one trying to spread your ideals. We evolved eating meat. Stop getting offended when I say not eating meat is unnatural. That is how it is. I said meat taste good and not eating it is unnatural. I never said you were a bad person for not doing so. I said "Just make it taste good and healthy and fuck off what other people say, be it a cow, pig or plant." Plant. I enjoy plants. I spent 8 hours today tending my very very large garden because I love fresh fruits and vegetables. Getting all upset and defense and annoying like you are doing is why people hate vegetarians, trying to force your beliefs on others. When your way is actually the unnatural way.

- W. C. Fields

14. Re: Feces Apr 11, 2010, 21:44 Enahs

And who are you to determine what is "natural" exactly? Why don't you go on and tell your belief of what is "natural" to the half a billion people of the Indian Subcontinent who are vegetarian, and have been so for 3500 years. While you're at it you could also tell them that their vegetarianism has been "impossible" until 100 years ago too.

It has been well established that human brains developed and got larger when we started eating meat. That is what changed us from up right walking monkeys to thinking creatures. We needed more protein to develop larger brains than an animal that could not farm and bring in higher protein vegetables from the other side of the world. If you do not believe the anthropologists on that, then you can not believe them about evolution either. If you are one of those, this conversation is moot.

As to the vegetarians in the Indian subcontinent. First, to support a population that size requires modern farming, refrigeration and importing of foods. Foods not natural to the land. A lot of the foods now grown there to support the peoples were not there during the transition of evolution. They have been brought there by our very recent development of cultures with trade. Before trade developed in recent history (only a little longer then that 3500 years you mentioned), they were eating meat because there are not enough natural vegetables and fruits growing anywhere to support the development of human beings*. The trade, and foreign foods introduced into the system unnaturally is what allows them too eat that way this day. But it is still unnatural because we evolved eating meat, those foods they survive on now were nothing that could have had without modern trade.

Actually our digestive systems are designed to for fruits, vegetables, nuts and grains, as any doctor, science student or 4 year old with Google can tell you.

Our digestive system is designed to process mostly fruits and vegetables, because fiber is very important to our bodies and meat is not high in fiber. But we have evolved on eating meat and designed to eat meat as well. Anybody with an education and not relying on a google search and reading the first paragraph of a wikipedia article, and actually learning information about the subject, could tell you that. To each is own.

*There are a few places with a large variety of fruits and vegetables that probably could support a very small population of people. But the location and environmental requirements are so strict that it is very small, and no evidence has been found in those locations as to larger brained species developing or flourishing there. They migrated there following animals they were eating.

- W. C. Fields

7847 Comments. 393 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo