Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shane

Real Name Shane   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Enahs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description gmail.com @ shanezsullivan
"You better take some vitamins and try harder."
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 13, 2002, 15:25
Total Comments 7850 (Guru)
User ID 15513

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 8, 2010, 18:30 Enahs

You can play WoW just fine on a pretty mediocre system right now.

But just the Steam hardware statistics alone say there are more then 3 million decent gaming rigs. Not top of the line, but decent.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2010, 13:41 Enahs

I randomly selected some of you bastards for my Steam Friends List to get the stupid thing for the contest. Accept me please! I plan on removing you after the contest anyway! heh

I play very few multiplayer games that are on steam, and when I do it is always with by best friends. So yes, I am just using you guys like $2 hookers and will drop you to the curb when I am done with you!

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 8, 2010, 12:12 Enahs

Of course people are going to buy the Chrome Notebook, but I am not really sure it moves computing forward. So what everything is in "the cloud", you lose a lot of processing power having to go through a damn web browser.

Also, if they were really smart they would make it the swivel tablet ala old style tablet PCs, with a touch screen, and allow for installation of Android OS apps as well.

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Dino D-Day Date, Interview
8. Re: Dino D-Day Date, Interview Dec 4, 2010, 11:14 Enahs

Ohh man, I watched the trailer. The point where he is taking on a T-Rex with his fists is fucking awesomely funny!

- W. C. Fields

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 3, 2010, 11:52 Enahs

If they are smart, they would release a CHEAP console and that an iPhone or iPod touch is the controller via Bluetooth.  

- W. C. Fields

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2010, 12:12 Enahs

Best Package Shipping Company.

They had to contact a specialty company to build the device? And it was hard to get the power for it? Really?

All of that could be done with dozens of cell phones, the programming is quite easy. And with the screen and phone part always off, you can easily get the battery to last a long ass time. My phone last 2 days without charging and it is always connected for push-email and has the accelerometer and compass shit in it to do all that...

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Steam Bestsellers
9. Re: Steam Bestsellers Nov 29, 2010, 07:08 Enahs

It is the top selling games by revenue, not by amount sold.  

- W. C. Fields

6. Re: Why eating a lot feels so darn good Nov 26, 2010, 20:17 Enahs

However, yes, America does have a major problm with portion control that you just don't find anywhere else to boot.

Really?

So then why is America not the "fattest" country, and so many other countries about the same?

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2010, 13:31 Enahs

Note: You have to have at least 10 games in your wishlist to be in the running for the top 5 free contest.  

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Nov 21, 2010, 19:58 Enahs

The website actually says that it is todays daily 10 cent deal. So looks there will be another one tomorrow.

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 18, 2010, 13:44 Enahs

If Microsoft really invests money into courting developers and helping get apps out, I suspect they will dominate.

Apple is Apple, no longer innovating, just regurgitating; and their hardware is limited.

Android is nice, in that there is varying hardware for different styles and such; but they suffer from a huge problem; their minimum requirements and requirements for certain aspects of the kernel is very lax; and it is starting to cause huge problems for developers.

Windows Phone 7 has the advantage that many companies are making the phone, marketing different features (bigger screen, better speakers, thinner and longer battery, better camera, etc, etc) at varying different prices on ALL networks. And their baseline requirements and configs are more specified while still allowing for variability in hardware (and pricing); which means developers should not have the same trouble as they are facing now with Android.

It is annoying that Windows Phone 7 dumbed down from the previous version, but it has the largest potential right now if they advertise it correct and hard and support the developers of apps and games.

- W. C. Fields

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2010, 11:17 Enahs

Why are other peoples pets so nasty compared to mine?

Though, regardless of if he was upset or not; he would be alone and might have to poop or pee anyway. Why would you not just leave him out in the back yard? Hell, just throw toy out the door and have him run out after it. If you are super lucky, by the time you are back he might not have even noticed you were gone yet (depending on the location of the vehicle relative to the backyard).

- W. C. Fields

21. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 16, 2010, 14:41 Enahs

If you are paying $140 a month for a gym membership for both you and your wife, I suggest you change gyms man. That is ridiculous.

50 lbs is 50 lbs. Jogging 7mph is jogging 7 mph.

Go to a cheaper gym; you will also find that the new cheaper gyms have the same equipment if not better.

Hell, my gym membership cost my $21 a month, and it includes free daycare while I work out (which I do not use, as I have no children). And I have access to every possible machine, all the classes, pool, tanning, tennis and racquet ball courts, etc. Seriously, what the hell do you get for $70 a month per person?

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 16, 2010, 14:29 Enahs

It is crazy that they are having to pay so much for the service.

But honestly, for the routine stuff that they are required to check in, text messaging being handled automatically by the computer system is better. For instance, they are required to inform when they go on and off break. Do we really need somebody sitting in the control room acknowledging that and typing it into a computer system? It will free up the dispatchers time to deal with the voice calls that are of a more urgent nature.

Any by the way dev, that is 2 pounds not dollars, so it is over 3$.

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Games For Windows Website
31. Re: Games For Windows Website Nov 16, 2010, 11:48 Enahs

This morning, my Windows Update is installing a Games For Windows update...  

- W. C. Fields

7. Re: Games For Windows Website Nov 15, 2010, 23:01 Enahs

If you were given $100 million and told to create the best digital PC gaming platform, what would you do?

Spend 20 million on development and the other 80 million on paying for huge discount to start with, so everybody buys a lot of games from my service.

- W. C. Fields

2. Re: Games For Windows Website Nov 15, 2010, 21:28 Enahs

Needs game categories.

And in the FAQ, they sure do talk about Steam a lot!

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/About/Games-for-Windows-Live-FAQ/

- W. C. Fields

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2010, 13:31 Enahs

Ehh, cars are in fact only a very very small percentage of the fossil fuel usage. While it would be nice to switch that technology over, it should be the least of the concern right now. Moving main grid electricity over it by far more important.  

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 13, 2010, 09:28 Enahs

They tell people to not post of forums and use twitter.

What the fuck is that? Twitter is the biggest piece of shit in the world!

- W. C. Fields

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2010, 19:09 Enahs

PHJF wrote on Nov 11, 2010, 15:48:
Colleges seem like a joke because they let anyone with a student loan in. There are zero standards. Granted I didn't go to MIT or Yale, but I not once felt like I was receiving a "higher education".

Funny you mention Yale. I have taught undergraduate labs at Yale as well as the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. The students at Yale pay a whole hell of a lot more, and get the same education. And while Yale does have higher standards to get in, it does not really make that much of a difference, still completely retarded people at Yale that should not be.

And it is no different with the graduate students either. Yes, it is technically a lot harder to get in a graduate program at Yale. But most of those "hard" things they make you have to get in at Yale in reality mean absolutely nothing. Yes, there were really smart graduate students at Yale. But point of fact, the ratio of the really smart to stupid graduate students was much higher at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock then at Yale.....

- W. C. Fields

7850 Comments. 393 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo