Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shane

Real Name Shane   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Enahs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description gmail.com @ shanezsullivan
"You better take some vitamins and try harder."
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 13, 2002, 15:25
Total Comments 7850 (Guru)
User ID 15513

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve on Steam Trade-Ins
28. Re: Valve on Steam Trade-Ins Aug 27, 2011, 13:39 Enahs

This is just a silly concept, by name. The whole argument is flawed.

With a boxed copy, I own that box and game disc. I can break the game disc, use it to play the game, etc.

With digital distribution, you do not own the game; you have a license to use the game on your system.

The real name for "trading digitally distributed items" is actually called RENTING! And you do not need an economists to explain renting to you.....

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2011, 11:25 Enahs

I am not sure how having the grill closed is a problem.

Never leave the grill open when grilling. You only open it when you flip....

- W. C. Fields

19. Re: Reboot???? Aug 1, 2011, 21:21 Enahs

Blue wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 16:44:
nin wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 16:17:
Tell her you were thinking of getting rid of the heater this winter. Turn about and everything.

You say that like that wouldn't be playing into her hands. All this about the AC having been said, I handle the heat better than she does, she's just more fanatical. She actually deals with the cold much better than I do, certainly in part because of all the years she lived in Minnesota.

This is a bluff she would call in a minute.

So then this winter when they are on sale buy one. What woman can resist a sale?

You obviously should have been smarter and done this last winter; but at least you will be ready next summer!

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Epic on Unreal
3. Re: Quoteworthy - Epic on Unreal Jul 22, 2011, 23:29 Enahs

I really liked the environment and atmosphere they created in the original Unreal; but then they just forgot about it.

- W. C. Fields

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 15, 2011, 19:37 Enahs

Bats, I just signed up for DirectTV to, not installed yet.

I have DirectTV for 2 TVs, I did the whole house DVR, so there is only one receiver. HD of course. I got the Choice Xtra package.
1 year free showtime, 3 months free all other channels.

I also did a bundle deal with them for my internet, same internet I was going to already have, only it also got me a $10 direct TV discount as well.
I have a $36 a month rebate for the first year. For the second year I have a $26 month rebate.

So, before taxes and fees, my monthly bill is $35! Will be closer to $50 after taxes and fees, but ahh well.

You should call them, and try the whole house, ask for the $36 monthly rebate!

I got a lot better offers and deals by calling them then using the website.

Also, if you just mention you checked out their website they give you more discounts for some reason...

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2011, 19:49.

- W. C. Fields

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2011, 13:31 Enahs

You could just, ya know, wake up instead of spending a bunch of money on fancy alarm clocks.

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Quote of the Day
5. Re: Quote of the Day Jul 8, 2011, 09:11 Enahs

Not to mention the fact that even if they do become as powerful, it is going to use up battery like crazy and not last too long.

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
8. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jul 3, 2011, 21:31 Enahs

SectorEffector wrote on Jul 3, 2011, 16:21:
Gears of War 3 leaked on torrent sites.... And THAT's why PC gaming is dying.

Why is that why PC gaming is dieing when this is an XBOX copy download and it is not for PCs?

Why is anybody talking about PCs at all with regards to this?

- W. C. Fields

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2011, 22:20 Enahs

Ok, that sounds like a lot of damn food for 2 people.

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity/Diplomacy Patch Next Week
6. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity/Diplomacy Patch Next Week Jun 29, 2011, 08:18 Enahs

I still play it!  

- W. C. Fields

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2011, 19:00 Enahs

Downloading it now to give it a try. Last year when I purchased the ID pack on steam I gave it a shot with GL quake, and played through a little. Looking forward to going back through the entire game.

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Valve F2P Plans?
2. Re: Valve F2P Plans? Jun 18, 2011, 17:03 Enahs

Seeing is how they made and released Alien Swarm for free in 2010, it is not really all the big deal or a surprising answer. I do not expect it to be anything like the next Half Life or Portal.  

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > SEGA Pass Hacked
1. Re: SEGA Pass Hacked Jun 17, 2011, 22:17 Enahs

Jesus fing christ. You would think all these hackers would be gamers too and would not want to interrupt gaming so much as is going on!  

- W. C. Fields

45. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2011, 23:09 Enahs

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 22:32:
Running hurts me more than it helps me. Non-impact for me -- if and when I decide to punish myself with exercise.

Try some sport with friends. If you can find something you enjoy great. Everybody has different taste so I totally understand not like working out. See previous comment about hot girls.

- W. C. Fields

44. Re: Exercise -- two four letter words. Jun 15, 2011, 23:07 Enahs

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 20:44:
Enahs wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 19:41:
I personally like working out, I enjoy it. It is fun. I also enjoy eating.
I wish I did, I never have. I have never gotten the "energy" other people seem to get from regular exercise. Nor do I "feel better" when I have exercised on a regular basis. It's always been something I didn't care to do or enjoy -- and when I did do it, it was just something that took up 1.5 hours a day of my life.

Go to a gym and at a time when they're a lot of hot girls around working out in tight sexy outfits sweating. You will enjoy working out then!

Running's free, so there's no real excuse for *not* exercising. I got myself pretty overweight following a year of surgeries/recovery and eating a lot of incredibly unhealthy food, but unless you're absolutely morbidly obese there's nothing stopping anyone running every day.

I injuries my knee many years back. If I run for more then 2 times a week for longer then 30 minutes I get serious knee pain. What is odd is that racquet ball and tennis for 3+ hours does not cause the problem. So I do a lot of elliptical at the gym and rowing for cardio. Does not hurt my knee.

- W. C. Fields

39. Re: Passive Aggressive Co-Workers. Jun 15, 2011, 19:41 Enahs

Wow, so much anger here and wrong information about food and health.

First, the most healthy thing for your body IS TO EAT! You have to eat to live!

Second, yes reducing calories is a good way to lose weight. But you do not eat JUST for energy (a calorie is unit of energy) but you also eat for the raw material your body needs! Your body uses the fat, sugar, and proteins (as well as vitamins and minerals) as building blocks for many other chemicals, not just for energy!

Third, if you reduce calories to much, you will inevitably at some-point run out of those aforementioned building blocks. Your metabolism will start slowing down and you will burn less calories. This is ultimately one of the many wrong things people do on diets, they eat to little. And why they feel so horrible when dieting (ignoring the mental side of things).

Fourth, just like there are people who process sugar differently (diabetes) there are people who process fat and proteins differently, etc. What works for somebody will not work for somebody else. Making blanket statements of what works for you should work for everybody else is ignorant.

I personally like working out, I enjoy it. It is fun. I also enjoy eating.

Enahs guide to healthy eating:

Variety! Variety in the individual meals and variety in the meals from day to day. There is no food (that taste good) that provides you all the fat, protein, sugar, vitamins, and minerals in one meal that your body needs. You do not have to have it in one meal; nor could your body actually digest it all in one meal as the usable raw material it needs. Variety insures you will get what you need over time.

Fresh (grocery store "fresh") fruits, vegetables, and meats provide you with most of what all you need, if you have variety in them. You do not need supplements or special drinks or bars if you get variety in your meals.

The amount of calories in the "sugar" and "fat" and "protein" in fruits, vegetables, non processed meats, nuts, legumes, beans, etc, is completely different then the exact same amount of calories in processed foods. Processed foods, your body can use straight up. In the fruits, vegetables, meats, etc your body first has to burn a lot of calories making those fats and sugars and proteins usable to the body. Many of the sweet fruits that seem high in sugar and calorie you in fact can burn nearly 3/4th of the calorie content of them just to recover the calories in them! It takes virtually no calories for your body to reclaim the material from a candy bar or many cereals, etc.

Variety!

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > EA Didn't Pull Crysis 2 from Steam
40. Re: EA Didn't Pull Crysis 2 from Steam Jun 15, 2011, 19:15 Enahs

I have not been following this all that closely.

But what does it mean for those people who purchased the game through Steam? Will they be able to install the game again? Do they get a refund? Or just lost money?

- W. C. Fields

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2011, 18:54 Enahs

You should move to the south Blue, we have abundant amounts of prime grade steaks at the grocery store chains around here.

I suspect our chain grocery store meat is better quality then the stuff you buy from an good butcher there.

- W. C. Fields

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2011, 18:52 Enahs

When you buy the pepperoni just take it to the deli section of the store and have them slice it...!  

- W. C. Fields

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2011, 23:17 Enahs

Since I am not a sports fan really, I never get these comparisons.

But I have to agree with DNForever, these arguments are pointless.

On a more realistic sense; they are incomparable because they are playing against different people at different times, even with slightly different rules often.

I do however, have more appreciation for the "greats" of the past, because they were obviously great at what they do. And they were great at times were organizations were not spending millions of dollars each year to get them into better shape and become better players with modern equipment, technology and training methods.

Sure MJ had millions thrown at him in pay; but sports training (and supplements and nutrition) has advanced majorly since then. Go back further to someone like Babe Ruth; he did everything he did by shear practice and skill and passion; not with the help our current knowledge of the body, and nutrition, etc. That you gotta respect; even if you think Baseball is the most boring thing to watch ever (which I do).

- W. C. Fields

7850 Comments. 393 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo