Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shane

Real Name Shane   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Enahs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description gmail.com @ shanezsullivan
"You better take some vitamins and try harder."
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 13, 2002, 15:25
Total Comments 7856 (Guru)
User ID 15513

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
39. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2011, 16:35 Enahs

Creston wrote on Oct 13, 2011, 15:40:
Enahs wrote on Oct 13, 2011, 15:25:
Now my nerd radar is got me interested.

I think that's called your penis...

No my penis gets me interested in in hot women.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2011, 15:25 Enahs

The Pyro wrote on Oct 13, 2011, 14:54:
I'm a developer. Please allow me to clear up any confusion regarding hyperlinks

D...
Using the latest version of Firefox (v7.0.1, downloaded today) I performed a simple test by dragging-and-dropping a hyperlink onto a custom application. I manually inspected the data associated with the drag/drop operation and saw 14 different data formats available, including HTML Format. The title of the linked page was included as part of the data.

Now my nerd radar is got me interested. Would it be easy for you to repeat the same experiment with Chrome and see how many formats it supports?

- W. C. Fields

26. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2011, 14:21 Enahs

Blue wrote on Oct 13, 2011, 13:19:

Right, it can't be that this is a bug in Firefox since version 1, because Firefox is infallible, and the fact that Chrome came out years later and works fine is because they are supporting some "archaic standard that FF ditched." I am growing more comfortable than ever before that you are trolling me.

I am not trolling and your comment sounds more like trolling to me. I am just stating a fact that the technical issue you complained about is not a technical issue for me. I never said FF was infallible, I just said that with the current version it works fine for me. I never said anything bad about Chrome. Saying that the reason MIGHT be that FF does not support an old standard is not an insult to Chrome. Or again, as I said, it works for me in the current version and implied that yes maybe they just now added it. You are trolling and I evoke the troll bashing emoticon on you! Trollbashing

Chrome not creating proper links in my HTML editor works fine for you?
You said FF was not creating proper links, not Chrome. And I said FF does, for me. You said your technical issue with FF was it not creating proper links; but that tech related issues works fine for me. So yes, my original comment still stands.

- W. C. Fields

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2011, 13:05 Enahs

Blue wrote on Oct 13, 2011, 12:20:
Enahs wrote on Oct 13, 2011, 11:33:
Blue, When I drag and drop links with FireFox, it uses the Title property and not the link URL.....You must not be dragging and dropping properly!

Man, do you love disagreeing with me!

Or it is finally implemented in the latest version. Or you have something configured oddly.

Or we are talking about two different things. This works correctly when creating desktop shortcuts, but not in my HTML editor.

Yes I do.
I do not know anything about the standards, but it works for me in not just creating desktop shortcuts. It works in 3 different word document editors. And I just tried it with several different web based HTML editors and it works just fine as well (and I launched the HTML editor in the three different browsers, and even to the other browsers it transferred over just fine form FF).

So, either your HTML editor is using some archaic standard that FF ditched but the others still support; or something else is going on!

I am not telling you to stop using Chrome; I could care less what you use. I am just saying; your main tech related issues works just fine for me.

- W. C. Fields

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2011, 11:33 Enahs

Blue, When I drag and drop links with FireFox, it uses the Title property and not the link URL.....You must not be dragging and dropping properly!

Or it is finally implemented in the latest version. Or you have something configured oddly.

And since my FF comes up instantly when I click to load it, or loads webpages as fast as my network can provide; I am not really sure what peoples speed issues are. Maybe I just have plenty of extra resources and it is more of a big deal on slower PCs. *shrugs*.

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 10, 2011, 17:58 Enahs

WP7.5 is far superior.

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > RAGE Interview
8. Re: RAGE Interview Oct 4, 2011, 22:04 Enahs

Maybe I am just getting older, or maybe the world is just now even more full of pussies. But nowhere in that interview would I even begin to use the world hostile. Just, not hostile at all.

- W. C. Fields

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2011, 14:43 Enahs

I grill on my deck all the time. The important thing is to not put it to close to the wooden rails, the back of the grill can get really hot and if you put it to close to the rails it could start damaging them by heat. Note, they will not actually catch on fire.

Even if you dropped red hot coals on the deck, it will more then likely not catch on fire; though it will damage it if left.

But, just by-pass the whole argument and go to the local mega-hardware store and spend $10-20 on cheap paving stones (depending on how large your grill is), and put them on the deck and the grill on-top of that.

- W. C. Fields

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2011, 12:53 Enahs

You know, it is just $5-10 in just about any national chain pharmacy to walk-in and get Flu shots with a large range of times the nurses are there.

- W. C. Fields

31. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2011, 09:01 Enahs

MxxCon, VideoSift is ONLY friendly if you share the same political and personal views as the 10 major contributors do.

I do not post there, but I often read comments; and it is full of personal attacks. More then I see here to be honest.

I think everybody is looking through things with roes colored glasses. The general attitude here is no different then any other message board IMHO.

- W. C. Fields

23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2011, 15:59 Enahs

nin wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 15:42:
Blue, I got to be honest. I do not really understand why you do not have shirts and other swag for sell.

If I had to guess, he got stuck with a lot of the last batch.

But yeah, I'd love to see some merch.

Yes, but now he does not have to do anything. Another company would handle all of it and take part of the profits.

- W. C. Fields

19. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2011, 15:35 Enahs

Blue, I got to be honest. I do not really understand why you do not have shirts and other swag for sell. There are plenty of companies that handle all the manufacturing, distribution, etc etc. Yes they take a large part of the profit, but you do nothing and continue to get money out of it. Even if it only made you enough to buy a lunch ever so often, its free money and makes the people who wants the swag happy! You only have to put in a one time investment of a little bit of time.

- W. C. Fields

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 28, 2011, 20:50 Enahs

Yes, it is nice Beamer. I love my WP7/7.5

I really need to update my apps to WP7.5 for fast app switching. But search 'erlensoft' in the Marketplace and check out some of my apps (note, I was just doing it to learn and play around, I have not done anything in a long while). Some of them are pretty fun though.

- W. C. Fields

61. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2011, 20:46 Enahs

nutshell42 wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 19:43:

In short: It's nice that there's one gaming page that's not made for retarded 13 year olds - with dyslexia and a profound disinterest in world affairs - surfing the web on a netbook with a 1024x600 resolution.

I agree with nutshell completely.

As for new content ideas that would not make you do all the work. Interviews do not seem like it would be all that time consuming to try and pump out 1 a week.

Also, reviews. You do not even have to do all the reviewing your self. I really like the 'discussion' type reviewing; where multiple people give their perspective on the same aspect of the game in the same 'article'. I think reviews should be devoid of stupid scores in the end, that is just silly. Just because you do not like something does not mean I will not; but a proper discussion of the various aspects of the game are great. It is also nice when reviewers point out things I might not have noticed, or provided information I might no have known, etc.

- W. C. Fields

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 28, 2011, 12:41 Enahs

WP7.5 does not lack tethering. Some older phones do not have the chipset to support it; but it is mostly a call of the carrier to support it or not.

- W. C. Fields

22. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2011, 12:26 Enahs

Ray Marden wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 12:12:
... and tell me what the hell the ... Jar Jar... ....have to do with anything.

It is simple really. Lucas thinks he is so deep and the audience is so stupid, that he needs a character to explain what is happening. That is Jar Jars purpose, through stupid comments and questions. That is C3PO's purpose in the original series. That is Short-Rounds purpose in Temple. There are other examples in his other movies to.

He really thinks he is so deep and you are so stupid that you need this annoying character to explain what is going on in someway.

- W. C. Fields

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2011, 11:06 Enahs

Blue wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 11:02:
Beamer wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 10:50:
I prefer the bullets for "less important" news. Some of it is worth discussion, some of it is just worth noting a headline.

I don't know if you meant to imply the hardware reviews as well, but those need to stay bulleted. I don't know if anyone actually reads those regularly, or even glances at that. However, when I'm looking to buy new hardware, I will always search it here and read the reviews you've linked to. In other words, I find the hardware reviews totally useless, until I have a major use for them, haha.

To be specific, the sections I picture dispensing with with are: Metaverse, Legal Briefs, Safety Dance, and possibly even Tech Bits. I'd be less certain about the fate of the more game-related Consolidation and Mobilization sections. Sections which are bulleted but which would definitely stay are Screenshots, Previews, Game and Hardware reviews, On Sale, and etc.

No. I like all those! Keep em! Your job in life is to please me and me alone.

- W. C. Fields

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2011, 10:13 Enahs

I like the tech bits, but I understand how you want them below the main game news.

Could you have the server software edited to insert them after the gaming news. That is, you do the gaming news first and it gets onto the website to the public, and then go back and do the tech bits and such, but the system will put it after the main news.

The down side is, some people might load it after gaming news but before techbits and might miss it and not come back.

- W. C. Fields

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2011, 18:10 Enahs

Stubbs Wicked Chicken Wing Sauce is not all that spicy. Either you are just a big pansy and making things out to be spicier then they really are (or you truly believe they are spicy when they are not); or you had an unusually strong batch of the sauce. You might die from other errors in the sauce soon, then.

- W. C. Fields

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2011, 11:39 Enahs

I feel as if it should be Arrrrgh.

- W. C. Fields

7856 Comments. 393 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo