Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shane

Real Name Shane   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Enahs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description gmail.com @ shanezsullivan
"You better take some vitamins and try harder."
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 13, 2002, 15:25
Total Comments 7852 (Guru)
User ID 15513

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2012, 10:40 Enahs

Do not get a new mouse Blue! Let me come over, drill some holes in your head and hook up some wires! I got this awesome idea on how to control a computer with mental power only! I tried it with a rabbit already, but he died. I think it was just from lack of brain power though! I suspect you should have marginally more brain power then a rabbit and will be just fine!

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
28. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 2, 2012, 17:09 Enahs

Krovven wrote on Jan 2, 2012, 16:57:
Thank to everyone that participated in Play It Forward! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/playitforward2012xmas

Special thanks to Prez on behalf of everyone, for his generosity which gave me the idea to start the group. Group only saw 43 members, but I'm sure there were many others that either didn't get an invite or just didnt accept the group invite.

Invites privs are now locked to only Prez and myself. I'll open them up again next time or make a new group.

Hmm, I did not get the invite, or did not notice it. I would have participated, I even benefited from it without knowing about it!

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Jan 2, 2012, 16:07 Enahs

Quboid wrote on Jan 2, 2012, 15:29:

I'll certainly go out of my way in a game but not far. If I've found 19 widgets, I'll keep a keen eye out for another one. However, that's the extent of it. I welcome achievements when they are quirky things like Portal 2 which gave achievements for mucking around, rather than for repetitive things (find 100 horse shoes) or worse, doing what you're supposed to do (well done on completing a mission).

I think those achievements for completing missions are more of a way for developers to monitor how much of the game the average user players, etc.
If 100% finish first mission, but only 10% finish last, well, you know you lost em somewhere! etc

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Jan 2, 2012, 16:04 Enahs

I got 3 free games, my brother got 5 during the steam achievements!

Got a lot of lame coupons to; but, this really is a "first world problem", people complaining about ways to get free stuff that they do not have to participate in!

And we did not buy any of the games either. We either had them, or did the free things.

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Dec 30, 2011, 11:48 Enahs

Yeah, I just got all the DLC and am going to go back through. I see the texture pack mod, but what other mods are really good?  

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Mobilization
16. Re: Mobilization Dec 29, 2011, 10:09 Enahs

killer_roach wrote on Dec 29, 2011, 01:06:

I'd agree with that. In usage it's a bit weird until you get the hang of it, but it's quite useful. Not enough to pry me away from Android or iOS (I use both - a Samsung Galaxy S II and a 4th-gen iPod Touch), but it is a lot better than people give it credit for.

Biggest problem, IMO, is the languid, stagnating closed hardware set Microsoft insists for WP7. Without particularly ground-breaking industrial design, impressive hardware specs, or low prices to bring customers in, it currently seems to be a solution in search of a problem.

The thing is, there is NOTHING stopping Samsung or HTC, etc, putting in killer hardware. The Focus S is just the Galaxy S II, but with stripped down hardware. Same design, internal structure, just a slower processor. And the thing is, because WP7 is so optimized, it does not need the dual core CPU to run 1000X smother then Android.

People in Android are used to focusing on high end specs for a good experience, and that is just NOT required for a WP7/7.5 system.

So not having a dual cores is NOT a disadvantage, it is an advantage, as the battery life can be better. The manufactures, are however, doing other things. No where near enough storage space is my largest complaint of these 2nd gen WP7 devices. I still use a first gen with 40gb of space, and 2nd gens are no more then 16gb! But even though my phone is quite old, it runs smoother then ANY andorid phone you can find me, included custom roms. There are legit technical reasons, and ample post by Google engineers explaining why this is the case.

As for the other end, Microsoft has modified the hardware requirements to include other form factors, as well as allow for lower priced hardware, etc. In the "western world" it is about high specs, because that is what people are trained for from Android, despite the fact that it is fairly irrelevant because the system is so well coded. They are going for low cost in the rest of the world.

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Mobilization
14. Re: Mobilization Dec 29, 2011, 00:16 Enahs

I will be the first to admit, in static pictures and even in videos, the Windows Phone (Metro interface) looks horrible. But really, I highly recommend you not judge it solely on that. It is absolutely wonderful and fantastic to use in reality, on a phone. I do not think it would be great for a PC, maybe tablet, but not a PC, but I am not judging there until I try.

But really, before completely ruling out the interface on the phone you have to try it. It is, by far, the most fantastic interface and user experience from any system I have ever used; and it is pretty hard to find a system I have not used. They shot themselves in the foot, because it is such a wonderful interface but impossible to make look good through pictures.

Feel free to have whatever opinion you want, that is the great thing about choices. But being prejudice because it is Microsoft, or being negative because you do not think it looks pretty in pictures, only shows your ignorance towards how you interact with the world and perceive it.

Try it, on the phone, and then hate it if you really do.

- W. C. Fields

7. Re: AudioQuest - Diamond 3.3' High-Speed HDMI Cable - Dark Gray/Black Dec 27, 2011, 17:35 Enahs

Its freakin digital information, not analog. If the "data gets through perfectly", it is just as good as a cable where the signal gets through shittyl".

But the comments are funny, and supposed to be! I love em!

- W. C. Fields

36. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2011, 21:30 Enahs

Soccer is only good when it is like this: Video at YouTube

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2011, 20:52 Enahs

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 20:45:
Is Rage worth 15 bucks?

Yes, I think so.

Mini review vs cost

- W. C. Fields

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2011, 16:49 Enahs

Hooray for Steam Christmas stuff! I am having fun getting achievements and such! Also, FYI, there is a LFD2 achievement coming up for these lumps of coal. You can already see the achievement on the LFD2 achievement page! So if you have it but it is not installed, install it!  

- W. C. Fields

32. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2011, 20:10 Enahs

Hah, I am awesomely lame. I created another steam account and purchased oddworld for $0.62, to get more lumps of coal to trade to my main account. And on the first objective I got shattered horizons for free! plus coal, heh! Best $0.62 I ever spent.  

- W. C. Fields

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2011, 15:23 Enahs

Prez is a generous stud and if he was a woman I would bed him in a manly fashion!

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 2011, 16:38.

- W. C. Fields

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Back in Action Using Steamworks
2. Re: headline Dec 21, 2011, 13:52 Enahs

It is not there for me either (headline), though it does appear here when you can view and post messages...?!

- W. C. Fields

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2011, 22:06 Enahs

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 13:15:
Open thy wallets......Steam Sale starts NOW~! wooohoooo!!!!!
http://store.steampowered.com/holidaysale/

Not much left for me to buy, but maybe some things on my list will go cheap or Skyrim will go on sale.

!!!!!!!BOOOOOOOM!!!!!!! Good start!
50% off any 1 title.

Goign to need some help in Bunch of Heroes (Prez/Krovven) there is a survival cheevo.

It is only 50% of any 1 Valve published title, and you have a 3 month grace period to use it and it has to be titles from this year. But it is still useful for some; thought I suspect a lot of people here, not so much as we already have those games!

- W. C. Fields

14. Re: LEDs offer a brighter future Dec 19, 2011, 22:03 Enahs

So, I got Rage over the Steam Thanksgiving sales. Steam says I put it 13 hours for it. It did seem like longer then that, I will be honest. But in a good way. I enjoyed it, it was nothing great, but it was good fun. The texture popping issue for me was not that major. If you judge it by the very start of the game and when you first start playing, you will have it wrong. It seems after the games has loaded up and ran for a little, it must cache more in memory or something, because it became a much less of an issue to me; though sometimes still apparent. The low res textures for lots of things were annoying, but not to bad over all.

It was a simple fun game, I enjoyed it. But damn, did it end quick and easy like everybody said. Before the final mission you get a bad ass weapon, and there is tons of ammo around for it on that mission, plus I had 100 advanced wing sticks. Between the two, when it come to fighting the "hoard" *cough* of baddies at the end, I was able to just essentially take them all out by just pointing my mouse at them and hitting one button. That was rather disappointing. There was only really "one" boss in the game. I applaud them for trying something different and not having a big boss battle at the end, but it was a major let down.

I paid $20 for it, and I will not complain. If money is not tight for you, that is well worth the price.

- W. C. Fields

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2011, 09:57 Enahs

I am in the US. But, when I clicked the first link, the link text changed to the visited color link, but so did the second link text (without clicking it)?
FireFox

- W. C. Fields

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2011, 14:54 Enahs

Verno, you are doing it all wrong.

You should have the grill and smoker out ALL year round. Get your priorities straight man.

- W. C. Fields

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 27, 2011, 22:41 Enahs

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 27, 2011, 21:55:
Enahs wrote on Nov 27, 2011, 18:16:
I would also like a list of top selling games by # of sales, not revenue.
Do we know for sure the list is by revenue? (I have no idea if this is known or not)

Yes, that is what it says at the steam feed page:
http://store.steampowered.com/feeds/weeklytopsellers.xml

- W. C. Fields

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 27, 2011, 18:16 Enahs

What is most impressive about Portal 2 being #2 is that this is top seller list by revenue, not sales numbers.

So Portal 2 was going for 9.99 - $15 dollars, while Skyrimm is going for $60. So at the $9.99 price point, even if Portal 2 sold 6 copies for every 1 copy of Skyrimm sold, Skyrimm would still be on top.

I would also like a list of top selling games by # of sales, not revenue.

- W. C. Fields

7852 Comments. 393 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo