Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kristopher Gates

Real Name Kristopher Gates   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nut
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 9, 2002, 12:05
Total Comments 9 (Suspect)
User ID 15470

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > GeForce Beta Drivers
2. Re: GeForce Beta Drivers Jan 28, 2014, 03:07 Nut

Each video adapter renders half the playing card, and in the meantime my gaming laptop can now cook an egg placed near the exhaust.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 7th Guest and 11th Hour on Steam
1. Re: 7th Guest and 11th Hour on Steam Oct 21, 2013, 09:45 Nut

So, I like that these old throwbacks are available for sale (apparently they have been on GOG.com too, but Steam is great), and they are fun in a retro way.

But I think it's inappropriate that the product description contains no warnings that this game is from 1993 ! (release date is listed as 2013), and it still contains the old praise.

I would hate to be the people who buy without checking based on sales copy such as "terrifyingly real virtual environment".

Steam needs to have some sort of disclaimer in place warning consumers who don't do their research that they are buying relics, even likable ones.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Trailer
15. Re: BioShock Infinite Trailer Oct 22, 2012, 02:46 Nut

You're not crazy -- Bioshock 2 was superior to the original.

Originality is good, but most things, good or bad, are not original.

While I'm a little disappointed to see how strongly Bioshock Infinite appears to hearken back to Bioshock rather than new game mechanics, the trailer suggests complicated, dynamic combat mechanics set in a rich, dark universe with thick yet interesting theming.

What's not to be excited about?

News Comments > Stubbs the Zombie Patch
3. No subject Jan 7, 2006, 17:22 Nut

I agree that the gameplay wasn't that fantastic, but I felt the humor was spot on. It almost carried it.

Almost.

I am very much waiting for their next release, though. I thought Stubbs had real potential but probably hit enough first release snafus to make it a "not quite".

News Comments > Stubbs the Zombie Patch
1. Game Title Jan 7, 2006, 16:58 Nut

Actually, the tagline for the game is the rather clever "Rebel Without a Pulse".

Doesn't look like much of a patch, though I can't personally attest to having memory leak problems with it so maybe that is big for some.

News Comments > X Demo Plans
1. Now this has promise. Mar 25, 2003, 09:28 Nut

Not only is it a space sim, but it's got a huge number of pilotable ships, a dynamic economy, the ability to own and control fleets and space stations, and really keen graphics. Plus, the first game was great.

Not that that guarantees the sequel will be anything, but this still has some absolutely killer potential.

News Comments > WarCraft III: Frozen Throne Official
15. Re: No new campaigns? Jan 21, 2003, 19:30 Nut

1 new campaign (at least according to the release - you did click on the link, right?)

I did, actually, but it was down for me at the time. Glad it's clarified.

News Comments > WarCraft III: Frozen Throne Official
1. No new campaigns? Jan 21, 2003, 16:53 Nut

Maybe they were just left off of that list. Apart from that, it looks like they're planning more than enough for a decent expansion.

News Comments > Updated Dungeon Siege Demo
10. Re: Boooooring.... Dec 9, 2002, 07:14 Nut

I'm not sure I can agree with this - to me, DS was a fun romp, but if anything one with a lot less depth and complexity than the Diablos. For me it was a game of running around and looking at the pretty environment and the new monsters that continually cropped up. Mindless, but mindless can be entertaining.

If someone reading this is looking for a game that's closer to Diablo with depth, I'd like to plug Divine Divinity. Even though I was turned off by occasionally quirky translation and godawful voice acting, it would be worth a shot for anyone interested, and I'd easily recommend it (and its demo) over Dungeon Siege.

9 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo