Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for walter westinghouse

Real Name walter westinghouse   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname tron
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description a blue, glowing, computer-simulated entity
Homepage http://www.3dgamersedge.com
Signed On Dec 5, 2002, 04:35
Total Comments 846 (Graduate)
User ID 15445

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Check this out Jul 12, 2003, 16:35 tron

good gravy... that was frightening! what i wonder is: does that game start off that insanely fast, or was the film showing a stage late in the game? either way, yikes! mike portnoy better watch out, this kid is fast!

- tron -
---
"tron is big and tron is full of action... it's a hell of a ride!"
-from the Tron 2.0 box
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

37. Re: Fixed Elections Jul 10, 2003, 19:44 tron

you said is wasrad... did you notice how many times the words "might", "could", "probably", "perhaps" (etc.) were used? seems like every hardcore extremeist liberal is always looking for a conspiracy to blame for everything.

Bah, eitherway, all politicians are corrupt.

now that's true.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna in Fall
11. Re: Hmm Jul 10, 2003, 18:27 tron

I wasn't looking for SimRPG, tons of micro-managing while trying to play

oh boy... expansion #8 - SIMRPG ?!?! gahhh!

speaking of SIMS, am i the only one who tried that game, played for an hour or two and then never again? it occured to me during play that the game required so much micro-managing attention that instead of being fun it took a full day worth of real-life stress and compressed it into 2 hours. blehhh.

Little Computer People, not that was a fun SIM game! anyone else remember Ted?

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 18:28.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna in Fall
3. Re: Yay! zzzzzzzzzzz Jul 10, 2003, 16:35 tron

i've heard that complaint a lot, and while it is true to an extent, it doesn't entirely take away from entertainment value! for example: movies (well, 99% of them) require no brain-power to enjoy, they are pure entertainment. i look at games like DS, NWN, and Diablo as interactive films. even more so now with the new 3D engines that allow seemless camera control (i map camera functions to wasd, like i would with an FPS). this ability to control the camera and main characters gives me the feeling of directing a film.

i guess it's all in what you're looking for. i go into a DS game not expecting to use my mind, or powers of strategy and planning, but to get immersed in a story taking place in a beautiful and imaginary world.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

23. Re: Dizzy over Lizzie. Jul 10, 2003, 15:22 tron

#22, read #15

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

21. watergate Jul 10, 2003, 14:52 tron

#13 - if the site is "far-right" why are they trying to expose (or invent) a far-right scam? also, they have a lot of banners linking to "environmentally responsible investing". also, lots of greenpeace stories. sounds more like a far-left liberal thing to me.

i'm definitely wary of an extreme left-biased news source finding this news. that said, i'm very interested to see what comes of this in the mainstream media in the future.

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 15:33.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

73. Re: Movies Jul 10, 2003, 03:02 tron

WarPig - did you steal those quotes from Jay (as in Jay and Silent Bob)?? you sound exactly like him there... especially the "(and sh*t)"...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Dungeon Siege Add-on Unveiled
20. Re: No subject Jul 10, 2003, 02:58 tron

you got it Tolerance - when i mentioned "boring simplicity" i was speaking of the gameplay, not the graphics. and i thoroughly envy your 'dank basement adventure' with your friends... reminds me of my younger years played good ol' pencil-n-paper D&D.

as for the DS engine, i think it's most impressive feature was that it never had to stop and load new levels or areas... that smooth transitional gameplay was a massive help to the immersiveness of the game. but, as you said, i doubt i'd ever play it through again... unless it is in a fit of nostalgia some years from now.

on a side note: anyone here ever play that game Darkstone? now *that* was impressive... it came out 2 years before DS, had full 360 degree rotatable and zoomable 3D graphics, and looked amazing for it's time. it was as addictive as Diablo but with a way better story and tons and tons of quests. but, for some reason, it never really got very popular. unfortunately it won't play on my current rig (i have no idea why) because i'd love to play through it one more time.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

13. Re: Blahh Jul 10, 2003, 01:12 tron

very good points Virus... the gameplay was lacking, only a step or two above that of Diablo... but, as you said, everything else was nearly perfect. still, overall it was a winner in my book.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

12. Re: YES! Jul 10, 2003, 01:10 tron

joe schmoe: bioware *is* using an engine like this in their rpg's - take a look at NeverWinter Nights... IMO it is the perfect mid-point between somewhat boring simplicity of a diablo or DS game, and the micro-managing complexity of a baldur's gate or icewind dale.

i *loved* NWN, and having just started the expansion pack, i can say that shadows of undertide has only improved on the formula.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

2. Re: YES! Jul 9, 2003, 23:09 tron

YES! indeed! i'd given up hope of their being any sort of expansion for this game - after all we've been waiting for almost 2 years now without any mention of one... as the_culture says, DS certainly wasn't hardcore RPG - but it was flawlessly executed, cinematically beautiful, very intutive, and as addictive as Diablo. hopefully they can keep all that intact while maybe incorporating a more fleshed-out plot and some better dialog with NPC's.

DS was one of those rare games i played all the way through without distraction, let's hope this expansion offers the same level of quality.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

53. bizarro Jul 9, 2003, 18:58 tron

looking at the #47, #48, #49 progression... was the next response (#50) supposed to have been:
i shit in your fuck?

oh man... sorry about that.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

35. social behavior Jul 9, 2003, 13:45 tron

i think a lot of this boils down to two types of people:

1) those who go to an event (movie, concert, etc.) and are there to experience a work of art, lose themselves in the moment, escape the banality of day-to-day life, or do all of the above. they like it to be quiet, don't care if they can't smoke for an hour or two, and show respect for the artist, venue, and other people there to witness the event.

2) those who go out for social status reasons. the kind of people who go so they can tell their peers/friends/network-buddies "hey dude, i was totally at the [insert name] concert last week, and i got ripped!" or the "been there done that" crowd who go see and do everything "popular" so they can say they did it, but when you ask them how it was their comments are never more insightful than "it was great!", or "i liked it!"

Group 2 people talk and get wasted and ruin things for Group 1, because while Group 1 people know *exactly* why they are there, Group 2 is only there due to some sense of "obligation", and therefore attends the event with the same level of enthusism that most of us bring to a meeting at work.

This comment was edited on Jul 9, 16:43.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

25. Re: Talking in movie theatre Jul 9, 2003, 12:22 tron

WRE - i think either of those scenarios would have caused my head to explode.

the only two things i don't mind at a movie are: 1) laughing (when appropriate!!) and 2) i don't mind applause or cheering during big action sequences. just about anything else gets on my nerves.

can anyone beat this? i went to see Full Throttle last week and was in the theater 20 MINUTES before showtime... the trailer weren't even up yet... anyway, i'm there with two friends and we're joking around and talking when this lady in the seat behind me leans forward as says to me (in a pissed off voice) "are you going to talk through the whole movie?" i was speechless for a few seconds, since i'm one of those people who *never* talks during a film...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

22. Re: Talking in movie theatre Jul 9, 2003, 12:01 tron

during Matrix Reloaded (during the quiet scene where Neo and that guy talk about human/machine codependence overlooking the engineering secton) this guy actually got a phone call... and he answered it by loudly saying "HELLO?? I'M AT THE MOVIES!!" after everyone told him to shut up, his phone rang again 2 minutes later. and he answered the exact same way... as though he were used to it... <<<shudder>>>

and yes Hammer - i too have had loud outburts yelling at people to shut the hell up at movies - and it nearly always works. i've tried polite "shushes" and "please be quiet", but they never work. i suppose if your dumb/rude enough to yap away in a theater - you only respond to violent outbursts.

This comment was edited on Jul 9, 12:14.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

65. Re: Now that didn't take long... Jul 8, 2003, 22:26 tron

"Yea, I'd like to set him on fire with a flamethrower and then shoot him with an M4 before taking off in my chopper, flying to my mansion, and changing my clothes, throwing the police off my trail in the process."

- bwahahaha!!!!!!!

and i post from home as well WarPig.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

48. Re: ban Jul 8, 2003, 18:47 tron

that was me that raised the question of where banning could lead... when walking a road it pays to look at more than your feet.

btw, nice post. logical, wise, understanding, and insightful. now go sit on my spleen.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

43. Re: Monster willy? Jul 8, 2003, 18:02 tron

"2 inches? Pfft, mine's way bigger than that."

omg...

thank you halsy - that was freekin' hilarious!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

42. ban Jul 8, 2003, 18:01 tron

funny how everyone here speaks out so loudly in favor of every "freedom of speech" debate that gets raised, yet some of us would like to ban fred. sometimes he makes me laugh - when he's offensive, i just ignore him. bannng people is a road that leads to nowhere good. and i'll gladly ignore his offensive posts to laugh at his funny ones.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

29. Re: SW kid Follow up? Jul 6, 2003, 12:56 tron

here's a link to the original video as well as bajillions of remixed versions... (beware of evil pop-ups)
http://www.lizziegrubman.com/star_wars_kid.htm

and hey look - somebody did get hacked today:
http://www.jedimaster.net

This comment was edited on Jul 6, 12:58.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

846 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo