Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for walter westinghouse

Real Name walter westinghouse   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname tron
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description a blue, glowing, computer-simulated entity
Homepage http://www.3dgamersedge.com
Signed On Dec 5, 2002, 04:35
Total Comments 845 (Graduate)
User ID 15445

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Tattoo artist Jul 15, 2003, 13:36 tron

i'm with you jediluke, i was skeptical through the first half of the article, and when i read the "i'm a vegetarian!" bit that sealed the deal for me. this has got to be a joke.

- tron -
---
"tron is big and tron is full of action... it's a hell of a ride!"
-from the Tron 2.0 box
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Self distructing CD's? Jul 15, 2003, 13:20 tron

While we are on DVDs, is there a place you can go to make sense of the multitude of offerings for movies like The Two Towers?

I don't know what (WS ep) vs. (WS std) and all that other stuff is.

WS is Wide Screen (letterbox, with the black bars). I'm not 100% positive, but i think that the ep and std are for the standard version (the one shown in theaters) and extended play (the one with the extra 40 minutes of footage in it).

your best bet is to buy this one: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00009TB5G/qid=1058289359/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/002-1758170-0251238
it's only $25, has 4 discs, has the additional footage, and is in letterbox.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

45. Re: Horrifying genital mutilation story Jul 14, 2003, 21:06 tron

Between drugs versus alcohol as a menace to society, alcohol wins that battle hands down.

as far as recordable incidents of death and injury - yeah, that's true. but here are two things to consider:

1) a lot of death or injury that occurs due to drugs goes unnoticed because people tend to hide their drug use. if i'm on (acid or pot or X or whatnot) and driving and i zone out and kill someone in a car accident, it's likely i can pull it together enough when the law arrives so that no one knows i'm wasted. they run a breathalizer, see that i'm not drunk and that's where it ends.

2) i'd like to see the figures showing how much our society is hurt by drug addicts who never contribute to it's prosperity but instead live small, uncreative, confused, lives - leeching off those who do prosper. they're probably similar to the numbers of people who do it with booze. i know a girl addicted to drugs who is 33 years old, has 5 kids by 5 different guys, has been married twice (currently unmarried), has no job, lives with a guy she met two weeks ago, and frequently calls me because she's all depressed and wants someone to talk to who isn't "all messed up". the real bummer is that she is a brilliant, funny, happy person when not losing herself in drugs. what a waste.

believe me halsy, i very well know and understand recreational drug users who get high or trip and never have a problem, hold a job, and lead normal, safe, intelligent lives. but there is also a whole host of people out there whose lives have been destroyed by drugs.

Trying to scare kids with an ad like that would be laughable at best. Think *reefer madness*.

oh, i agree: "this is your brain. this is your brain on drugs. this is your brain with a side of bacon and fried penis." yeah, that'd work!

speaking of "reefer madness", ever see "the trip"... that's a classic ignorant portrayal of LSD use.

This comment was edited on Jul 14, 21:08.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

37. Re: bye bluesnews Jul 14, 2003, 19:03 tron

i was saving that one for about two seconds ago.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

32. Re: Horrifying genital mutilation story Jul 14, 2003, 17:31 tron

Ahh, so you'd take killing a family by drunk driving over just hurting yourself, is that what you're saying?

no, what i said was i'd rather drive drunk that eat my own crotch. which, by the way, i hope i never have to say again!

are *you* saying that no one had ever hurt anyone under the influence of drugs? because, i have have seen plenty of that in my day.

in my mind, there is no drugs vs. alchohol debate. pick your poison, i say... but if you let either one take away your self control, then you become dangerous to yourself and others.

This comment was edited on Jul 14, 17:31.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

27. Re: Horrifying genital mutilation story Jul 14, 2003, 14:30 tron

. It's certainly no dumber than the moron who gets stinkin dunk and crawls behind the wheel of a car.

uh, i think it is! not that i'd ever promote drunk driving, but if someone put me at gunpoint and made me choose between driving drunk and eating my own manhood... well - there's really no choice, is there? look out pedestrians, hello DUI!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

22. Re: Genital Mutilation Jul 14, 2003, 13:07 tron

Cook of yourself and eat.

bwahahaha!!!

oh man, that was awesome! thanks N.Aviles !!!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

45. Re: Galactica Jul 13, 2003, 21:41 tron

charity: "generous actions or donations to aid the poor".

took that right out of the dictionary. there is no mention of "only if you don't get anything in return".

and technically, a tax break isn't getting something in return anyway... it's having to give the government less because you already gave to society of your own free will.

i do see your point though... of course you get *something* back for doing charity... even if it is as simple as getting a good feeling, or getting praise from family/friends. we live in a world of action/reaction. it just bothers me when people think that the rich only give to charity for the tax write-off. that's totally false. they always lose more money than they gain - so it is never an action of greed or for the benefit of the giver financially. there may or may not be other motives involved, and i don't care if there are... nothing is going to make me think that charity is in any way bad. and like i said before: if you could profit from charity, then everyone would be giving away everything all the time!

This comment was edited on Jul 13, 21:43.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

37. Re: Galactica Jul 13, 2003, 19:59 tron

do you mean financially? if so, please explain.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

35. Re: Galactica Jul 13, 2003, 19:35 tron

Umm... that's a horribly generalized statement. You couldn't possibly back that up

sure i can. in charity you lose more than you gain. so how can personal loss be about greed? it can't. if people could personally gain from charity then everyone would be giving away everything. as for "how generous are they really". who cares? if gates dished out 2 billion and saves himself 50 million in the process, good for him!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

28. Re: Galactica Jul 13, 2003, 18:16 tron

no way, zirik. lets say you have donated 2 billion, which gives you a tax break - the 2 billion will still set you back more than what you'd gain from the tax break. yes - they do get a sizable tax break for the donation, but they still lose more money in the long run. philanthropy is never about greed, but charity instead.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

21. Re: Galactica Jul 13, 2003, 16:20 tron

creston - thanks for saying what needed to be said!

um, about bill gates, not battlestar galactica.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

13. Re: good... Jul 13, 2003, 14:19 tron

oh man, you're right... i knew it wasn't Twinkie, so i did a search and found a site that had him referred to as Twiggy... but yeah, it was definitely Twiki.

thanks!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

7. Re: good... Jul 13, 2003, 13:39 tron

twinky? that's a delicious nuke-proof snack. buck rodgers had Twiggy !

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

1. Battlestar Jul 13, 2003, 12:47 tron

i couldn't agree more, blue. change it, update it, make it better! i do wonder why they changed Starbuck into a woman though...? probably so they can put a sexy woman in a lead role. it worked for Voyager, right?

if you (like me) have watched an entire episode of Battlestar in the recent past, i think it's only obvious the show needs a serious facelift.

i think a big reason why many people will be mad is that they want to relive what they have already experienced in their past. it's not possible. personally, i take the show on it's own merits - and if it's good i'll enjoy it no matter how much they rearrange the original formula. for those who don't want the change - well, why not go buy the original series watch it over and over to your hearts content. stay away from the new show and let the rest of us enjoy it in peace!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

31. Re: No subject Jul 13, 2003, 02:34 tron

You know, all that time practicing that game, he could have become a ninja or something...

heh heh heh... good one!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

22. Re: Check this out Jul 12, 2003, 19:28 tron

thx sc4r4b... i know the game, but was thinking of RAM and got confusered.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

17. Re: Check this out Jul 12, 2003, 18:44 tron

yeah, but when you play piano only your fingers need move fast. this game requires a lot more arm movement.

and Wasyl, what is ddr experience??

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

10. Re: Check this out Jul 12, 2003, 17:05 tron

yes, but a classically trained pianist or musician goes through many many years of training. how many people go through many years of training for a video game? no instrument (except drums) utilize the movements that kid was making, and even a drum-set isn't set up the way that game is.

so, yeah, i'm more impressed by a technically superior musician - but still, to have so much speed and dexterity and a highly individualized style of video game is really rather impressive.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

7. Re: Check this out Jul 12, 2003, 16:35 tron

good gravy... that was frightening! what i wonder is: does that game start off that insanely fast, or was the film showing a stage late in the game? either way, yikes! mike portnoy better watch out, this kid is fast!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

845 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo