Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for walter westinghouse

Real Name walter westinghouse   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname tron
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description a blue, glowing, computer-simulated entity
Homepage http://www.3dgamersedge.com
Signed On Dec 5, 2002, 04:35
Total Comments 845 (Graduate)
User ID 15445

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
84. Re: Books vs Movies Jul 27, 2004, 21:49 tron

The whole concept of "separation of church and state" is totally lost on his little bb-in-a-tin-can brain.

well, if you are christian then that defines the way you view our reality... and the president believing in God or christianity doesn't violate any "seperation of church and state" issues (in MY opinion!!!)... i mean, who was the last president that didn't profess his belief in God? has there ever been one? this country started in large part because of christianity, and the belief that we should worship in the way we personally see fit to. it says "in God we trust" on our own money. the seperation of church and state protects our right to choose our own religion and observe it as we wish - it doesn't mean that no one in a political position should be allowed to believe and express his beliefs.

- tron -
---
"tron is big and tron is full of action... it's a hell of a ride!"
-from the Tron 2.0 box
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

77. Re: Books vs Movies Jul 27, 2004, 21:28 tron

Not in the last few hundred years, no...he's been fairly quiet, no matter what voices monkeyboy has heard in his head.

heheh... oh my....

i guess it just bothers me a bit when people use religion in political arguments. as for killing, God isn't quite the pansy some people may think. yeah, Jesus came around and taught that forgiveness and tolerance are the preferred means of doing business on this planet, but God never had any problem smiting those who offended or defied him. if Earth is God's MMORPG, he seems to have no problem kicking folks off the server when they decide to make up their own rules and hax0r his system!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

70. Re: Books vs Movies Jul 27, 2004, 21:06 tron

he sure likes to kill people. He's not much of the christian he claims to be...

um, because God never killed anyone, or asked his people to kill in his name?

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

20. Re: movies Jul 27, 2004, 11:35 tron

is that movie based on the real incident that is the basis for the fictionalized Hunt for Red October?

hmmm.. good question... according to this page, it isn't:
http://www.kerzap.com/hfro/book.html it says "Clancy got the idea after reading about a Soviet naval crew that attempted to defecct in 1975."

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

15. movies Jul 27, 2004, 11:24 tron

i just watched K-19 Widowmaker yesterday, and man was i surprised.... this is an excellent film about a little-known real life event that could have changed history, but for the actions of some exremely brave individuals. did anyone else here see this movie? i'm surprised that something so well made (and with harrison ford and liam neeson no less) seemed to generate so little attention.  
- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

45. Re: Woot!!!!!!!!!!! Jul 22, 2004, 13:29 tron

Which one?

they only had All Together, so that's what i got... i really like disc 2 with all the remixes and b-sides... good stuff!!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

39. Re: Woot!!!!!!!!!!! Jul 22, 2004, 13:20 tron

hey nin,

i finally picked up an Orbital CD from the library the other day after you suggested them to me some months ago... and i gotta say that i'm impressed! thanks for the reccommendation!

now i go back to weeping quietly because my rig won't play D3 for shit, and i'm unemployed and can't afford to buy new hardware...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > DOOM 3 Benchmarks
33. Re: worthless Jul 22, 2004, 02:06 tron

it is still on the same 3.2Ghz/2 gig of ram system. I think what he is referring to is a mid range 2+Ghz system with 512-1 Gig of ram.

exactly. i'd hardly call a 3.2 ghz with a 5950 card a mid-range system. i've got a P4 1.9 with 512RAM and a 5600ultra card. i'd dare to venture a guess that if you take all the people who buy D3 and everage out their hardware specs that my rig would be damn near the mid range (maybe low-mid) of what people are trying to run this game on.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > DOOM 3 Benchmarks
28. worthless Jul 22, 2004, 01:52 tron

what pisses me off about "benchmarks" like this is that i think we all know damn well that a freeking P4 3.6 with a top of the line card will run a game well. lets see some benchmarks for mid-range systems... it's people with those machines (like mine) that need to see some data to know if the game will run okay on their rig...  
- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

29. Re: Computer to combat child obesity Jul 20, 2004, 16:22 tron

You have to ingest a shit-ton of food to gain weight like that

i agree to an extent, but my mom is a perfect example against that logic. she graduated high school weighing 95 pounds (she;s only 5' 1") and now she is not "obese" though she is more than a little chubby. how she gained the weight i have no idea, nor does she... i watched her for years and years eat yogurt or a very small bowl of cereal for breakfast, a rice cake and salad for lunch, and have a reasonable dinner. she rarely snacked on anything or had dessert, and when she did she did it in moderation as she was very conscious about her weight. she would drink a single can of soda over a THREE DAY period. (she bought some plastic-lid thing that kept it carbonated - this was before soda came in plastic bottles) the rest of the time it was water or crystal lite, and some coffee as well. she went to jazzercize (remember that?!?) 3 times a week, was very active in keeping the house clean, laundry done, rasing 4 kids, working full time, etc etc... and *nothing* she did lost her a single pound. she has tried walking, biking, Nordic Trak... nothing works for her.

i guess what i'm saying is, not all overweight people are to blame for their blight... though i do whole-heartedly agree that the vast (heh, vast) majority of them are...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

23. peasant's quest Jul 20, 2004, 14:36 tron

at the end of the trailer there's a hidden icon on the upper right-hand portion of the black screen. click it for an outake that is, imo, funnier than the trailer itself. sounds like carmack giving himself a pep-talk as he worked on the D3 engine...  
- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

120. Re: Related follow up to yesterday's OotB Jul 19, 2004, 21:46 tron

I apologize if this has been linked to before and I missed it.

i've never seen it before... awesome, bronco! thanks!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

101. Re: doom 3 sys req's Jul 19, 2004, 17:43 tron

I would go with this one Tron

thanks... as i mentioned in prev. post i run Kingmax in my sys right now and i have had no problems with it in 2.5 years. you guys are right, i should probably stick with a known entity and get RAM i won't have to worry about.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

100. Re: doom 3 sys req's Jul 19, 2004, 17:38 tron

Ray:

i have Kingmax RAM in my sys right now.... maybe i'll stick with them.

i'm not sure how this is going to work out. right now my mobo supports CPU 400fsb, and supports PC1600, PC2100 and PC2700 RAM via ratio settings. the new BIOS said it will detect RAM clocks over 200 and assign them as PC3200. unfortunately, the new bios still does not accept a CPU over 2.2ghz i have NO IDEA why not...

could i put a stick of 512 in with the 2 sticks of 256 i have now? i though they had to run in tandem... that is why i was going to remove the 2 pc2700 256 sticks and add 2 512 sticks of pc3200...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

96. Re: doom 3 sys req's Jul 19, 2004, 17:17 tron

from nin:
Sounds like you're right on the borderline. If it were me, I'd up the ram to 1 gig and give D3 a shot. If you're not happy with performance, THEN throw more money at it.

from ray:
Try the RAM; I tell gamers to use 1GB as the "standard" and it will could give you some performance increase. If you can, I would buy a much faster RAM stick(s) and then you will have those for the future upgrades...

okay guys, you make a lot of sense and i just did some surfing and found a BIOS flash (that i just successfully installed) that will supposedly let me run PC3200 on my mobo. so, i flew over to NewEgg and see that i can pick up a couple of 512MB pc3200 sticks for around $180... it looks like the way to go.

any comments on this $89 per stick RAM? http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-222-006&depa=1

i never heard of them before, but the reviews are good...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

85. doom 3 sys req's Jul 19, 2004, 16:30 tron

looking for some opinions in regards to possible upgrades for doom3.

currently i have:
1.9ghz P4, 400mhz fsb - upgradable to 2.2ghz P4 400mhz fsb max.

512MB PC2700 ram - upgrable to 3GB PC2700 RAM max

GeForceFX 5600 Ultra 128MB video (the good/fast one)

i'm wondering what if anything i should upgrade to play D3 the best i can. i keep hearing that it's more CPU/RAM intensive than vid card intensive. would it be worth shelling out $100 to upgrade to a 2.2 CPU? or jacking my RAM up to 1GB? or with my current config, is the best bet to upgrade to a DX9 video card? or, maybe any of these gains will be so small that i'm best off just leaving it as it, as the cost will not be proportional to the performance gain?

i know there is no way to know for sure... i'm just looking for opinions!

thanks in advance...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > RtCW Sequel!
24. Re: No subject Jul 19, 2004, 02:10 tron

I'm hoping for a RPG from id...it's a hell of a long shot, but why not?

hey nin, wasn't there a rumor about id doing an RPG style game at one time? i seem to remember after Quake2 when Trinity was being talked about that there was some talk of id doing a medieval-style RPG game... ir maybe i'm just confusing my history... ???

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > DOOM 3 - Site Seeing, Networking Q&A
64. Re: Tool comparisons & Reznor Jul 18, 2004, 01:23 tron

I agree nin. Someone is talking out of their ass...

the greater wrong of the right --
http://www.skinnypuppy.com/

wow... imagine skinny puppy doing the music for Doom3... omg, that would be just perfect...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

24. Re: Teacher's pet Jul 18, 2004, 01:19 tron

Didn't we all have that special teacher who had their own way of pushing us and making sure we did the right thing?

if only all women punished men in such a fashion... <homer simpson> Mmmmmm.... breast suckling...</homer simpson>

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Game Movies - DOOM 3
59. Re: techtv & rtcw2? Jul 18, 2004, 01:12 tron

3.) Possibly a new Clive Barker's Undying? Of course it would require a serious new enviroment. Castles and old style houses though it would be amazing in that.

it's nice to hear you say that. Undying was, imo, one of the most unappreciated games in recent years. granted, it wasn't jaw-droppingly amazing, but it was a hell of a great game with absolutely amazing environments. i played it all the way through in just a few weeks (which is good for me) and never got bored. the D3 engine would be perfect for this game. of course, it will never happen!

for a further D3 engine suggestion, how about Elite Force 3?? oh, oh... and what about Unreal3!!!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

845 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo